PDA

View Full Version : kurt warner with the giants....?

EddyMac87
05-28-2004, 03:06 PM
Accordng to profotballcentral.com, the Giants and Former two time NFL MVP Kurt Warner have stepped up negotiations to bring the former Super Bowl MVP to the Big Apple. New Giants Head Coach Tom Coughlin after seein first round choice Eli Manning perform in camp, has no interest in havin the QB start this year and has his sights set on bringing in Warner to tutor the rookie. Warner and the Giants are working on a two year deal with a third year option and would have no problem backing up Manning if called upon.

EddyMac87
05-28-2004, 04:29 PM
i think he'll be the starter by week 1

EddyMac87
05-30-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by westflbroncostud
nah they'll give over throw eli two games to see what hes going to do i really doubt it....look at carson palmer....nobody wants to start a rookie QB

bronco jock
05-30-2004, 09:08 AM
crazy move to start manning so the move for warner stacks up team rise. however hefty cap hit for the giants.

Elway
05-30-2004, 08:08 PM
If Warner is healthy enough, Eli needs a year to learn and should see some mop up duty in spots unless Warner goes down for the season. They need to sit him and slowly get adjusted to the game, speed and formations. Peyton got thrust in there and had a rough time and held his own, but I don't see Eli doing that in a pplace as tough as NY.

StlBroncosFan
05-30-2004, 08:56 PM
I don't understand why the Giants let Collins go. Collins knows the system, he is a proven player and he was respected by his team mates. Bringing Warner in gives the Giants a disadvantage at first because not only do they have a Rookie QB but they have a Veteran QB that is learning the system.

I guess Warner is smart enough to pick it up quickly (Plummer didn't do too bad) but if it was only for 2 maybe 3 years, they should have kept Collins and paid him.

Warner will start, it makes sense over Eli at first until Eli really sees what the NFL is all about.

OrngBluRecknCru
06-14-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by StlBroncosFan
I don't understand why the Giants let Collins go. Collins knows the system, he is a proven player and he was respected by his team mates.

The Giants could not afford Collins' contract... and Collins didn't want to restructure... so he got his walkin papers.

BroncoZen
06-16-2004, 04:08 AM
This just may revive Warners career. I heard some of the vets went straight to managment to lobby for Warner.

OrngBluRecknCru
06-16-2004, 07:23 AM
Warner and Collins had similiar styles of play... only Warner has a truck load more ability and talent. Depending on which Warner shows up to play for the Giants, he tremendous success under Coughlin's system.