Master
09-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Just confirmed on espn.

35istheFuture
09-09-2008, 03:38 PM
i just heard it on ESPN, but hes out for the season

Ravage!!!
09-09-2008, 03:43 PM
Sorry. After seeing 6 threads saying the same thing, I just had to jump in on the bandwagon. ;) :salute: (to the mods)

Legendary30
09-09-2008, 03:44 PM
i just heard it on ESPN, but hes out for the season

:laugh: Thats what he gets for going against the doctors orders.:rolleyes:

Hardcore Bronco Babe
09-09-2008, 03:58 PM
I just hope he doesn't whine about it. Shawne Merriman chose to ignore numerous doctors that he shouldn't play and have surgery immediately and now he is paying for his decision.

tpoz34
09-09-2008, 04:46 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3578588

wonder how this changes the AFC WEST!!!

Overtime
09-09-2008, 04:47 PM
good. now we don't have to see that obnoxious fake knock out punch act he does after every sack, and all that bs Tarzan behavior after he makes a tackle. all that crap does is waste energy.

Justblaze2729
09-09-2008, 05:41 PM
if this doesnt put us in the drivers seat for the afc west tilte i dont know what would ...its our for the taking

BarkdogRX7
09-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Yes it is awesome, it goes to show how dumb and stubborn he is. He wanted to play all year and then he does and is like "Oh wait, this ish kinda hurts..." what a bag of D, at least when push came to shove he made the right decision. With Brady and Merrimen done the AFC pic is a lot different now. It just means when the Pats and Bolts both lose they can ride that excuse ALLLLL year, anyways when will these 14 threads about this merge?

Bronco_Armada
09-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Though it is a major blow to their morale, heart and soul of the defense and the team, you need to remember there are 10 other guys on that defense that helped get them where they were at last season and win the AFC west the past 2 seasons. So I would not count them out of the AFC west just right yet. ;)

SBAlki
09-09-2008, 06:24 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3578588

WOW, this is a good week.

Bronco_Armada
09-09-2008, 06:27 PM
awwwww come on.......

JaysusCutler
09-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Why are you so happy? I'm glad for him that he didn't put his career in further risk, but I would liked to have played them full strength.

Hadez
09-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Why are you so happy? I'm glad for him that he didn't put his career in further risk, but I would liked to have played them full strength.

I agree totally with this.

It may mean the road for the broncos will be easier but the big thing is risking the career of a great defensive player way too early in his career.

Imo the owner, coach and GM should have not allowed him to even try to play.

Something is up with SD, remember how they let Ken Caminiti play all those years suspecting he was on roids and then felt all bad when he died....I went to Jr High and High School in El Cajon (east part of SD) and I do not remember people being so stupid there.

antipas
09-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Foxsports has something on this!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8543520/Merriman-will-have-season-ending-surgery

TheComeBackKid
09-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Oh get over yourselves and quit being all ravage about this, the only thing better then Merriman getting hurt would be if Rivers caught HIV.

Goatmaster
09-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Oh get over yourselves and quit being all ravage about this, the only thing better then Merriman getting hurt would be if Rivers caught HIV.

rivalry is nice but saying something like that is taking it way too far

JakeNbake
09-09-2008, 07:23 PM

I thought we were football fans, not lawn ferry fans

SBAlki
09-09-2008, 07:30 PM
I would not be happy if it was LT, but the Merriman chose to use steroids which are commonly known to deteriorate the body. So I do not feel bad that his choice has caught up to him. The greater affect he achieved from the use hurt our team earlier, now it is helping us!

TheComeBackKid
09-09-2008, 07:30 PM

How about this...you enjoy your rivalry and Ill enjoy my seething, burning, deep loathing for the Chargers and Philip Rivers. I hope ______ gets HIV. Fill in the blank with any Chargers player name that you like.

SBAlki
09-09-2008, 07:31 PM

Now thats the spirit!!!

in.the.game
09-09-2008, 10:09 PM
best decision the guy's ever made.

good job, knuckle head.

:salute:

LarryDean
09-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Instead of making a new thread about Shawn Merriman and the Chargers defense which is what I'm thinking about ...

I thought I would find one and go from there...

The Chargers looked like a defense that was lacking its leader against the Broncos this weekend as well as the Broncos looked like a much improved offense..I think that losing Shawn Merriman could have a chain reaction with the Chargers defense this year..Heres what I mean..Even though the Chargers are loaded with talent..When teams lose that 1 player it sometimes can change the face of a Defense...Where I'm getting the idea,thought from is Denver Defense has not been the same since the minute they lost Al Wilson...What was 4 losses in row later to the Chargers...I'm sure not one Charger fan has posted anything about that and what a huge impact to the Denver Defense losing Al Wilson was .......

So I'm looking at the Chargers defensive stats from last year to see where they finished ...

5th in points allowed,14th in total yards,14th in passing yards,16th in rushing yds...5th in total sacks (42)..1st in Takeaway/Giveaway Differential +24 ...In two games this season here is where they rank so far....

29th in points allowed,30th in yds allowed,31st in passing yards,26th in rushing yards.....24th in total sacks.....

I know its early and sure the Chargers can overcome the lose of Merriman but It is more likely imo that they wont..I'm not saying the Chargers are set to explode and no longer a playoff contender.What I'm saying though is I dont expect the defense to post the same kinda of numbers that they have been use to posting the last couple of years at the end of the season and the other 10 starters on defense will not look as good...Without Merriman in the line up...

Agree,Disagree any thought on this ? :coffee:

Corndog
09-17-2008, 08:36 AM
At least he wanted to play for the love of the game. Is it me,or does this seem like one of the worst year for injuries to players, and we've only played 2 games? By the end of the year, I won't know the players anymore. Look at Seattles wide outs. What have they lost so far, 4?