PDA

View Full Version : Tony Romo Week 1

Mest1zo
09-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Hey just watching games around the league and i noticed that tony romo had a great game against the browns. What do you guys think? has he proved hes more that a one year wonder yet?

BroncoManiac_69
09-10-2008, 11:53 AM
Tony should be very good for years to come.

Mods will move this thread to the Other NFL forum. :salute:

silkamilkamonic
09-10-2008, 12:23 PM
IMHO, **** will be the best QB in the NFL for years to come in the next 2-3 years.

Chris Wade
09-11-2008, 08:03 AM
I don't know about that but after watching his pepsi commercial I can guarantee he'll be one of the ugliest. Him and rivers entered an ugly man contest and tied for first;)

Flatlander Fan
09-11-2008, 08:11 AM
Romo's a solid QB, no question. He certainly benefits from his o-line and the weapons he has, but the same can be said for many of the top tier QBs.

I was reading over at PFT a few minutes ago and saw the info about his trip home after the game. Turns out Romo is without a doubt a solid individual (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/11/romos-good-deed/). I wish him success and happiness. Of course, he went to my wife's alma mater, so that doesn't hurt, either.

Ravage!!!
09-11-2008, 08:12 AM
IMHO, **** will be the best QB in the NFL for years to come in the next 2-3 years.

Welll.. after watching how your Vince Young predictions turned out............. ;)

Ravage!!!
09-11-2008, 08:14 AM
I think Romo is a solid QB and has proved to be more than a one year wonder.

But I honestly... feel Cutler is better..... which is GREAT considering some think that Romo is so highly ranked on the totem-pole.

Spice 1
09-11-2008, 01:01 PM
I'd build him a statue for a night with Jessica Simpson. True story.

Overtime
09-12-2008, 01:05 PM
Oh hmmm....lemme see.

a guy named Steve Bono took the 1995 Chiefs to a 13-3 Regular Season Record, then choked in a 1995 Divisional Playoff Game against the Colts.

The following year, he led the Chiefs to a 4-0 Record, and the team finished 9-7 and missed the playoffs.

1997 a guy named Elvis Grbac came in led the Chiefs to a 13-3 Record, and (IN MY FAVORITE CHIEFS vs. BRONCOS GAME OF ALL TIME) and pulled a choke job in the Divisional Playoff Game against Denver.

The Following year the Chiefs went 6-10 under Grbac.

so we'll know more after week 8 what the "real" direction of Tony **** and the Cowturds is, and whether or not he's the 2nd coming of Steve Bono or the 2nd coming of Joe Montana. I'm not sold on the guy, I think he's a fluke, but we'll just have to wait and see.

For some strange reason I have doubts about their defense once again, and especially their coach (IE: Wade Humpty Dumpty Phillips).

Ravage!!!
09-12-2008, 01:10 PM
Oh hmmm....lemme see.

a guy named Steve Bono took the 1995 Chiefs to a 13-3 Regular Season Record, then choked in a 1995 Divisional Playoff Game against the Colts.

The following year, he led the Chiefs to a 4-0 Record, and the team finished 9-7 and missed the playoffs.

1997 a guy named Elvis Grbac came in led the Chiefs to a 13-3 Record, and (IN MY FAVORITE CHIEFS vs. BRONCOS GAME OF ALL TIME) and pulled a choke job in the Divisional Playoff Game against Denver.

The Following year the Chiefs went 6-10 under Grbac.

so we'll know more after week 8 what the "real" direction of Tony **** and the Cowturds is, and whether or not he's the 2nd coming of Steve Bono or the 2nd coming of Joe Montana. I'm not sold on the guy, I think he's a fluke, but we'll just have to wait and see.

For some strange reason I have doubts about their defense once again, and especially their coach (IE: Wade Humpty Dumpty Phillips).

:confused: You talk about Bono and Grbac, then ask if he's the next Bono or Montana..... :confused:

I think Romo is a good QB. I think he's solid and smart ON the field. I DO, however, question his dedication to the game of football. He doesn't spend the extra hours working on his game and/or studying film. I think that will be the one that will either keep him from being the top of the elite.. OR... will be something he changes once someone knocks him in the head to convince him that NOW is the time to spend on football and not his dreams of being a pro-golfer.