PDA

View Full Version : Cashing In On Tom Brady's Injury...

RedRaptor
09-11-2008, 09:09 AM
http://www.sportsline.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6315047/10439003

Something to make you puke
Posted on: September 10, 2008 8:28 pm

Sports fans can be demented, mean, angry, nasty, violent and just plain crass.
And George Lampman is cashing in on it.

Lampman is taking advantage of the season-ending knee injury suffered by New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady to make a buck.

Lampman, who has a silk-screen printing company in Pittsburgh, has unveiled t-shirts that laud Kansas City Chiefs safety Bernard Pollard, the man who knocked Brady out for the season, as some kind of hero.

For $19.99, you can buy a Bernard Pollard fan club shirt, complete with a No. 12 (Brady's number) circled and crossed out. The shirt says the fan club was established Sept. 7, 2008, which is the day Brady went down.

Sick.

To me, this is a sign of how demented some fans have become.
Lampman doesn't argue the point.

"I can totally see where you're coming from," said Lampman, who is a diehard Steelers fan.

Isn't it crass, I asked?

"I can't disagree," he said.

So why do it? There's sadly a market out there. I spoke to Lampman Wednesday night for five minutes.

"I've sold six while we were talking," he said.

So who's ordering? The New York Jets fans are buying them with on addendum.

"They want them sent overnight so they can have them for Sunday," Lampman said.

Disgusting.

Don't people who buy these shirts realize that this is a man's livelihood we're talking about? When I mentioned that to Lampman, he callously replied, "he's not losing any money this year and I'm sure it's no career-ending."

Pollard can't be happy about this. He was sick about putting Brady out.

It's one thing not to like a player if you're a fan. It's another to make light of a serious situation.

Lampman said he might make up to $20,000 on the shirts. He's had 500 orders or so already.
I almost didn't write this because it only feeds the monster. But the whole issue is so sickening that I thought it needed to be pointed out just how low some of our fans have gone.

LbloodOjunkieG
09-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Here's what's going through my head:
This guy KNOWS what he's doing is terrible, and he's still doing it. It'd be one thing if he thought what he was doing wasn't that bad, but he knows it is, and keeps doing it. What a lowlife, really. I mean, I don't feel that bad about Tom. Don't get me wrong, I wish he was healthy, because I feel we are getting robbed not being able to watch the Brady to Moss combo. However, while he's hurt he'll be having sex with a supermodel. Can't complain there!!!

RedRaptor
09-11-2008, 12:38 PM
This guy KNOWS what he's doing is terrible, and he's still doing it. It'd be one thing if he thought what he was doing wasn't that bad, but he knows it is, and keeps doing it. What a lowlife, really. I mean, I don't feel that bad about Tom. Don't get me wrong, I wish he was healthy, because I feel we are getting robbed not being able to watch the Brady to Moss combo. However, while he's hurt he'll be having sex with a supermodel. Can't complain there!!!

Business-wise, he's pretty smart...he knows with all the hype and publicity out there he'd make a killing on the hatred that the Patriots (mostly the coach and constant coverage...). But ethically, I completely agree. I don't see why a fan of the game would want to be a part of something like that. Let's call someone a savior by making a shirt proclaiming him king for knocking out a player for the season! I mean heck, the guy probably doesn't take pride in doing that...

I agree with the Brady part also...I'm sure with his career, his lifestyle, and his girlfriend, he won't be in too much agony over the offseason lol.

Corndog
09-17-2008, 08:20 AM

Agreed. Don't understimate the power of a dollar. This guy would put a picture of his mom having sex with Big Ben on a t-shirt, if it would make him money. I know the Steeler's fan base has taken crap about this, but really the Jets fans are the low lifes. They are the ones buying this crap. I'm glad the Patriots beat them without Brady. Now they know the degree of suck their team is at.