PDA

View Full Version : Kiffin could be fired Monday (Merged)

d-bronx42
09-14-2008, 12:06 AM
Big surprise. Al Davis at it again... If he were to fire Kiffin i don't know why anyone would even want the Raiders head coaching job.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/13/report-kiffin-could-be-fired-monday/

I know its just a rumor but i do believe the end is inevitable for Kiffin this season in Oakland.

On a side note i think it would be an interesting idea to hire him as an offensive consultant or something like that. I think he knows a lot about football but just has absolutely no control in Oakland.

Oh and not to mention the fact it would probably give Al Davis a heart attack because of how angry he would be would be awesome! :rockon:

SBboundBRONCOS
09-14-2008, 12:40 AM
Big surprise. Al Davis at it again... If he were to fire Kiffin i don't know why anyone would even want the Raiders head coaching job.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/13/report-kiffin-could-be-fired-monday/

I know its just a rumor but i do believe the end is inevitable for Kiffin this season in Oakland.

On a side note i think it would be an interesting idea to hire him as an offensive consultant or something like that. I think he knows a lot about football but just has absolutely no control in Oakland.

Oh and not to mention the fact it would probably give Al Davis a heart attack because of how angry he would be would be awesome! :rockon:

kiffin is the only raider i like, i just love how he bad mouths davis and the entire team patheticness outin the open and so freely

Southstander
09-14-2008, 12:48 AM
Kif is just daring Al Davis to fire him.

SBboundBRONCOS
09-14-2008, 12:50 AM
Kif is just daring Al Davis to fire him.

i would too, if he quits he doesnt get the money and also gives al the satisfaction

Southstander
09-14-2008, 12:55 AM
2 million dolars to get fired. Got to love the contracts Granny Clampett gives out.

jdubv724
09-14-2008, 01:30 AM
PFT has been right a lot lately so I think there is a decent chance it could happen.

I don't get it though... Why would you fire your head coach mid season:confused: Russell will have to have an entirely knew playbook. That can't be good for Russell's development.

Southstander
09-14-2008, 01:34 AM
PFT has been right a lot lately so I think there is a decent chance it could happen.

I don't get it though... Why would you fire your head coach mid season:confused: Russell will have to have an entirely knew playbook. That can't be good for Russell's development.

Is long as he gets a new set of crayons to go with his new play err coloring book he will be just fine.

muse
09-14-2008, 03:59 AM
Heh, I reaaaally want Al to unveil himself as the new HC. Go on!

dkim07
09-14-2008, 07:22 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3587018

You can always count on the raiders to suck... Lane Kiffin is a bright young coach and he is gonna be gone. Cheers to 2 free wins from the raiders until Al Davis croaks.

jdubv724
09-14-2008, 07:31 AM
I liked Kiffin a lot before the season but he really did not have his team prepared at all. I am just a fan and I knew all they would be trying to do is run the ball. He needs to go back to coaching college football:coffee:.

Ravage!!!
09-14-2008, 07:35 AM
:laugh: Who didn't see this coming when Al tried to get Kiffin to resign after last year??? I was impressed with Kiffin just saying no, fire me :laugh:

This is the best thing that can happen to Kiffin :salute:

Peerless
09-14-2008, 07:37 AM
Someone is going to get a good coach in Kiffin....

Idiot Al Davis....:rolleyes:

Ravage!!!
09-14-2008, 07:41 AM
So what assistant get the Privaledge of coaching the Raiders now???

One perspective is to say that NO ONE would want the Raiders job. The other.... Its a perfect situation for a coach to earn a few million, and not have to worry about failure. They don't have to worry about failure, because NO ONE is expected to win when in Oakland. Its like a free practice run.

The Oakland Raiders have become MORE than just the bottom JOKE of the NFL. They have become the wasteland.

Peerless
09-14-2008, 07:45 AM
So what assistant get the Privaledge of coaching the Raiders now???

One perspective is to say that NO ONE would want the Raiders job. The other.... Its a perfect situation for a coach to earn a few million, and not have to worry about failure. They don't have to worry about failure, because NO ONE is expected to win when in Oakland. Its like a free practice run.

The Oakland Raiders have become MORE than just the bottom JOKE of the NFL. They have become the wasteland.

I would chuckle if nobody stepped up and tipped their hat to be the next Chokeland Raiders coach.

:laugh: "No YOU HAVE to be our coach or I'll FIRE you TOO!"

09-14-2008, 07:49 AM
I'm convinced now that Davis' mind is completely gone. He has a sycophant in Ryan, and that's apparently more valuable to him than a coach who knows what he's doing.

I feel badly only for Darren McFadden, a huge talent whose early years in the NFL may just go to waste playing for this joke of a team.

antipas
09-14-2008, 08:11 AM
Al Davis sucks! If Kiffin quits, he won't get paid for the 2 years remaining on his contract! If he stays and the Krypt Keeper fires him, he won't get paid! It's a no-win situation for the young coach! I'd tell Davis to pack sand! Who the heck WOULD want to coach the Krypt Keepers lousy team!:rolleyes:

tacmale
09-14-2008, 08:12 AM
The Faiders need to fire Al Davis then maybe they could put a team together. :D

emac87
09-14-2008, 08:15 AM
They should call Marinovich up and ask him to give it a try. Last I heard, or actually witnessed in person, he was strung out on meth in a Newport Beach bathroom near the pier. What a shame....although I do kinda laugh at it now looking back

Ravage!!!
09-14-2008, 08:18 AM
I'm convinced now that Davis' mind is completely gone. He has a sycophant in Ryan, and that's apparently more valuable to him than a coach who knows what he's doing.

I feel badly only for Darren McFadden, a huge talent whose early years in the NFL may just go to waste playing for this joke of a team.

Why just McFadden? he hasn't done anything to earn the respect of pity.

If I didn't hate the fans so much... I would feel sorry for them. Can you imagine if you were watching this kind of meltdown of an organization here in Denver?? It would be horrendous. People here want to complain and complain about Shanahan.

Ravage!!!
09-14-2008, 08:18 AM
They should call Marinovich up and ask him to give it a try. Last I heard, or actually witnessed in person, he was strung out on meth in a Newport Beach bathroom near the pier. What a shame....although I do kinda laugh at it now looking back

Thats a kid I feel sorry for.

Ravage!!!
09-14-2008, 08:19 AM
The Faiders need to fire Al Davis then maybe they could put a team together. :D

NOw its a situation where the fans can only sit back and hope he dies soon.

emac87
09-14-2008, 08:20 AM

If I didn't hate the fans so much... I would feel sorry for them. Can you imagine if you were watching this kind of meltdown of an organization here in Denver?? It would be horrendous. People here want to complain and complain about Shanahan.

Yeah our standards are set so high and sometimes our expectations are maybe a little out of reach. And when we don't achieve those standards, some people think things will never turn around.

I always look at it this way......things can always be worse. Look at the Raiders

HORSEPOWER 56
09-14-2008, 08:21 AM
Just to twist the knife a little more - when Al fires Kiffin, Shanny should hire him as the Assistant Head Coach - Offense (the same position 'Dinger had). I don't want him to be the OC, but I'd bet he could provide some fresh ideas about our running game.

Damn, ol' Al Davis would be pi$$ed!!! :D

emac87
09-14-2008, 08:23 AM
I'm watching Sunday NFL Countdown on ESPN and they were just talking about the situation and said that Davis may have another Shanahan on his hands. They said they're letting go a young, talented coach and when he gets on with another team, he's going to stick it to the Raiders like Shanahan does every year.

antipas
09-14-2008, 08:28 AM
I'm watching Sunday NFL Countdown on ESPN and they were just talking about the situation and said that Davis may have another Shanahan on his hands. They said they're letting go a young, talented coach and when he gets on with another team, he's going to stick it to the Raiders like Shanahan does every year.

I love it!!!!!! Al "The Krypt Keeper" Davis causes more problems than he solves!:coffee::coffee::coffee:

Ravage!!!
09-14-2008, 08:35 AM

Not only will the Raiders continue to be terrible..but they will continue to have more coaches wishing to completely embarrass them each and every time they play.

antipas
09-14-2008, 08:37 AM
Just to twist the knife a little more - when Al fires Kiffin, Shanny should hire him as the Assistant Head Coach - Offense (the same position 'Dinger had). I don't want him to be the OC, but I'd bet he could provide some fresh ideas about our running game.

Talk about spittin' in Al Davis' eye!:laugh:

thehoot79
09-14-2008, 08:38 AM
It boggles my mind why Al Davis is still making executive decisions for the Oakland Raiders. The man is almost 80 years old and looks not far from death, in my opinion. If he honestly thinks that he is fresh enough and of sound mind enough to run an NFL organization, he is truly lost. He needs to sit back and just own the team. Bring a GM in to make all personnel decisions and just give your input for the larger decisions. People talk about McCain being old for president at 72, but at least he's rather healthy looking and would be only 76 at the end of his term. Davis looks like a corpse.

emac87
09-14-2008, 08:38 AM
Not only will the Raiders continue to be terrible..but they will continue to have more coaches wishing to completely embarrass them each and every time they play.

Exactly! And that's good for us. Cause the next best thing to a Denver win is a Raider loss. Kiffin won't be out of a job for long. Linehan and Marvin Lewis are close to losing their jobs as well. I say Kiffin will replace Linehan next season in St. Louis

theshiverman
09-14-2008, 08:50 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3587018

You can always count on the raiders to suck... Lane Kiffin is a bright young coach and he is gonna be gone. Cheers to 2 free wins from the raiders until Al Davis croaks.

Didnt crazy Al fire the guy last year when Lane was coaching at the senior bowl? I could have swore he did and Lane just showed up for work like nothing happened.:coffee:

09-14-2008, 08:52 AM

Because he's young and talented and may not have known the mess he was getting into.

antipas
09-14-2008, 08:52 AM
It boggles my mind why Al Davis is still making executive decisions for the Oakland Raiders. The man is almost 80 years old and looks not far from death, in my opinion. If he honestly thinks that he is fresh enough and of sound mind enough to run an NFL organization, he is truly lost. He needs to sit back and just own the team. Bring a GM in to make all personnel decisions and just give your input for the larger decisions. People talk about McCain being old for president at 72, but at least he's rather healthy looking and would be only 76 at the end of his term. Davis looks like a corpse.

Just call him the "krypt keeper"; they LOOK like they have a lot in common!:salute:

garzjoe
09-14-2008, 08:56 AM

You know I was thinking along the same lines...Kiffen is a GOOD young coach and we would be lucky to have him on staff in some capacity. The only issue is how this would affect our current setup. Since "Dinger's" departure back to Tennessee we basically have co-offensive coordinators in Dennison (running game), and Bates (passing game). So hypothetically if we bring in Kiffin where would he stand? Does he work with the QB's and passing game or would we have him kinda learn our system and give his input when needed?

Anyway Kiffin getting fired is the best thing to happen to him...if he came here he could learn how to run an organization from the top down (like Shanny learned while he was OC in San Francisco). No matter what happens to Kiffin he will be back as HC at somepoint.

All I can say is thank god for Al Davis...we can always count on him to keep the Raiders in the celler! Their new motto should be "Just win a game baby"! :D

Thx,
Joe

d-bronx42
09-14-2008, 09:23 AM
I already posted this... How is it when i post something about another team on this board instead ofthe 'other teams board' i get ripped a new one but this is ok? I dont get it.

DrunkPanda
09-14-2008, 09:27 AM
davis should just name himself the headcoach. and then fire himself after he goes 0-16 the first season. that is how he will begin his retirement

DrunkPanda
09-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Didnt crazy Al fire the guy last year when Lane was coaching at the senior bowl? I could have swore he did and Lane just showed up for work like nothing happened.:coffee:

lane probably guessed that davis would forget whatever he did by the next day and was correct

d-bronx42
09-14-2008, 09:30 AM
Is long as he gets a new set of crayons to go with his new play err coloring book he will be just fine.

Hahaha so true...

d-bronx42
09-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Who in their right mind would actually want the Oakland job if it were to open up?!? I mean honestly, that's a good place to start and end your head coaching career within a year.

Hardcore Bronco Babe
09-14-2008, 09:50 AM
The Raiders stink it is true however alot of people want to lay the entire blame on Kiffin which is not the solution to the problem. Kiffin has tried but to what degree is unknown. Most of the Raiders problems lie with Al Davis who has a deathgrip over control of the team. Kiffin isn't able to get the players he wants it is what Al wants, etc...etc. I really don't see the Raiders improving until Al kicks the bucket but then he will probably still try to have total control from beyond the grave. I know a Raiders fan from the Motley Crue Shout board and he can't stand what Al is doing to the team. It is easy for Al Davis to fire coaches but what he should do is fire himself.

Starbroncs
09-14-2008, 10:46 AM
think theres any chance he comes to denver? :D

rogue719
09-14-2008, 12:23 PM

That just means that Ryan will be the new head coach for a couple of years. :coffee:

Tonyshucraft
09-14-2008, 11:57 PM
Well, Shannahan will have a new friend after he is no longer the coach there. You can almost predict Shanny reaching out to him. Maybe making him a coach, and teaching him everything he knows. Our couch here is not that young anymore. If Shanny see something in him, this guy could be the guy who coaches the Broncos after he is gone.

Anybody see that as a possibility?

Skywalker
09-15-2008, 04:29 PM
Well, this worked out for Kiffin I think. It's the best thing that could have happened to him.

He'll for sure be a head coach again in the NFL someday, but I wonder if he'll go back to college for alittle while. I could see someone hiring him as HC next year. :)