PDA

View Full Version : for sooner fans

ChampBaily559
05-31-2004, 01:11 PM
What does it feel like to go on a 13 game win streak, then lose the conference championship THEN lose the NCAA Championship*?

* non-BCS

ChampBaily559
05-31-2004, 01:16 PM
sooners suck. i like to hear that..... just dont remind me of that game against Fresno St.:duh:

GrovelingIdiot
05-31-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted byChampBaily559
What does it feel like to go on a 13 game win streak, then lose the conference championship THEN lose the NCAA Championship*?
Wouldn't know....Because they didn't win 13 games in a row....It was a 12 game winning streak....Good try though at a jab....Need to get the facts straight before you try your hand at a witty remark like that....

ChampBaily559
05-31-2004, 01:18 PM
Jason White = Drew Brees. lol.

OklahomaSooners
05-31-2004, 01:18 PM
a team fumbling on the 1 yard line to score a touchdown for the winning game.

ChampBaily559
05-31-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by GrovelingIdiot
Wouldn't know....Because they didn't win 13 games in a row....It was a 12 game winning streak....Good try though at a jab....Need to get the facts straight before you try your hand at a witty remark like that....

just to let you know, they actually won 14 in a row. dating back to 2002. so my facts where alot closer then yours.

OklahomaSooners
05-31-2004, 01:23 PM
are you worried about the Sooners anyway? BTW how did your college team do? Atleast we know what it feels like to win a National Championship. When was the last time you did.

GrovelingIdiot
05-31-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by ChampBaily559
just to let you know, they actually won 14 in a row. dating back to 2002. so my facts where alot closer then yours.
Touche.....Really got me there......lol It doesn't matter though....This is a Bronco's board right? Why does it matter what OU's record was last year, the year before that, the year before that, and so on and so forth. At the end of the day we're all still Broncos.....Does OU's record, or wins and losses really affect how and what the Broncos do? Does it? I can't see how it would. The only thing that could matter would be how former OU players who might be broncos now fared in college. And even then, you have to take the college results with a grain of salt. Why? Because as so many people before you or I or anyone have pointed out, the college game and the pro game are two different games. You might have success at one level, but that doesn't mean you'd have success at the other level....Let's just quit all the in fighting and stay on subject with the Broncos....They're the ones that matter here.....

GrovelingIdiot
05-31-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by westflbroncostud
umm my bama tide hold the record for most national championships....
Most championships in what? Overall sports? Because I know you're not talking about Football championships....Unless you're talking about all of those "faux" championships you hold depending on what publication ranked you higher. They've had great teams, but come on now....Isn't it about time that Alabama fans quit pretending that they hold like 61 Football Championships?

Qistheman
05-31-2004, 02:55 PM
F JASON WHITE!!!! DARREN SPROLES BABY! i hate the sooners...everything about them....white is the most overrated played in the league!!!!

sproles is overrated, jason white is underrated he might be up for the heisman again, but he is still projected as a 3rd rounder even if he has another 3000+ 40td 6int year..but this is OUs year and we will have a miami type year in the next draft with 5 or 6 s guys in the 1st round. off line, def line, wr, db, lb we will have atleast one from each of those positions in the 1st round next year. 2 in the top 5.
for the topic on this thread, how does it feel when your team averages over 45 points a game and allows under 10 a game for 12 games. it feels good. how does it feel to be one of two teams in the national title game. it also feels good. to loose the national title it blows. to have 7 other national titles in football feels good. and to know one more is comming in 04.....priceless!:D

Qistheman
05-31-2004, 04:19 PM
white is UNDERRATED? my white ass!!!!!

how is he overrated, he is projected to go in the 3 or 4th round next year. that is underrated

Qistheman
05-31-2004, 04:23 PM
yea underrated when he wins the heisman over a great wide out that had 22 tds...with 87 reps....and set so many records.....what about brad banks...3rd in heisman voting 2 years ago and DOESNT EVEN GET DRAFTED! now thats underrated :duh:

40 tds 6 int, 3200+ yds in 12 games. who else can you name with those stats?

Qistheman
05-31-2004, 04:24 PM
ever?

Qistheman
05-31-2004, 04:42 PM
who has he played besides texas that hes torched?

he plays a tougher schedule than most people face during a season playing in the big 12

OklahomaSooners
05-31-2004, 04:42 PM
Lets get off this Sooners vs. everyone! Gees, this is www.denverbroncos.com not www.OklahomaSooners.com. Quit hating on us Sooners. Whoever started this post is on a different wave link and fogot this is about Denver Broncos. You don't see us bashing your college teams on a NFL site so whats the deal pickle?

Qistheman
05-31-2004, 04:45 PM
kliff kingsbury went for over 5,000 yards....

bj and kliff both played for tech thats all they do is pass. but even so look up their efficiencey ratings and tell me who is better, the two tech qbs or white. you will find that white had a much better efficiency rating than both of them or anybody you can find

ChampBaily559
05-31-2004, 07:26 PM
diddnt mean to start fights. jw about the sooners. my team is fresno state. we had an awsome season with Vernon Fox, David Carr, and Bernard Barrian in 2000. and we lost against BOISE STATE AND HAWII! just wanted some sypothy from another team.:sad: :sad:

rcsodak
05-31-2004, 08:13 PM
yea underrated when he wins the heisman over a great wide out that had 22 tds...with 87 reps....and set so many records.....what about brad banks...3rd in heisman voting 2 years ago and DOESNT EVEN GET DRAFTED! now thats underrated :duh:

westy....don't MAKE me get on you again.......

a WR over a team-leading QB? On a better team? Records, smechords.....OU had a WR not far off - clayton...look it up! *laughing*

Banks? WHO? A scrambling qb on a crappy team that has poor games when it counts. Get real.....

Seems to me, OU getting their OWN thread on a Broncos Board, can only mean ENVY to the umpteenth degree.....

.....gotta love it.;)

QueFan
05-31-2004, 08:30 PM
What kind of site is this? I'm a Sooner fan, but generally not an obnoxious one, BUT I am ROTFLMAO at some of these posts. Talking about 'Bama's NCs (I live in Alabama and most of those NCs are a joke). An OU player won every major award last year. Were they all over-rated? You may hate OU, but please at least fake that you have the slightest football smarts about you. I can't stand Ray Lewis, but I'd be showing ineptness to say he's not the best MLB in football (like many on here). I'm a Q fan; not because he went to OU, but because of the kind of person and player he is and how hard he works. I was a huge Barry Sanders fan, and he went to a rival school (college).

Now for those who think Bell is the next RB at Denver...ain't gonna happen. It may not be Q, but you can bet your house that Bell WILL NEVER start over Griffin; book it, bank it, or anything else you want. Galloway has a MUCH better chance at starting over Griffin than Bell. Period.

I think some people's personal feelings get in the way of their logical thinking.

Broncosfreak_56
05-31-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Black59Razor
After seeing the Kansas St. game, I knew they were the most over-rated team in College football....

I went to Vegas and made a TON on LSU...

Sooners suck
Bulls crappy, they donut suck.

PS- this was my crazy freind that visited from Oklahoma. please do not get pissed off at me, but my friend, conner drendle in haviland, Kansas :D. * he is a hilbilly*

Broncosfreak_56
05-31-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by ChampBaily559

* non-BCS IT SUCKS BIG TIME ...............LOL

Broncosfreak_56
05-31-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Broncosfreak_56
IT SUCKS BIG TIME ...............LOL
ALSO MY FRIEND...SORRY:o
HES CRAZY

GrovelingIdiot
06-01-2004, 07:02 AM
we hold 13 national championships with 61 sec championships
LOL......Ohhhh......Whew.....LOL.....Thanks....Nee ded a good laugh this morning....LOL :p :p

BroncoStud102
06-02-2004, 11:20 AM
After seeing the Kansas St. game, I knew they were the most over-rated team in College football....

Sooners suck

That's probably the most pathetically stupid comment I have read on this board as of this date....

I am NOT a Sooners fan, but they DOMINATED college football for 13 weeks in the regular season.... They DESTROYED every team they played except for Alabama, which they still beat without much scare......

They went into K-State overconfident and unprepared to play a team that was playing for respect.... They got smacked in the mouth.... I bet if they played that game 10 times OU would win 8 of them..... The LSU game was so putrid on BOTH sides that I didn't even want to watch the second half of it.... White was clearly injured and should have been benched... Bob Stoops stuck with his QB, smart or not, got to commend his loyalty ya think?

Anyways, I don't know who you follow, but I love college football, and I have no favorites, but I watch almost every game on Saturdays that I can, and OU was the best team last year, they just stumbled late and never recovered... To say they sucked is about as stupid as saying the Chiefs have a good defense.

BroncoStud102
06-02-2004, 11:20 AM

Sooners suck

That's probably the most pathetically stupid comment I have read on this board as of this date....

I am NOT a Sooners fan, but they DOMINATED college football for 13 weeks in the regular season.... They DESTROYED every team they played except for Alabama, which they still beat without much scare......

They went into K-State overconfident and unprepared to play a team that was playing for respect.... They got smacked in the mouth.... I bet if they played that game 10 times OU would win 8 of them..... The LSU game was so putrid on BOTH sides that I didn't even want to watch the second half of it.... White was clearly injured and should have been benched... Bob Stoops stuck with his QB, smart or not, got to commend his loyalty ya think?

Anyways, I don't know who you follow, but I love college football, and I have no favorites, but I watch almost every game on Saturdays that I can, and OU was the best team last year, they just stumbled late and never recovered... To say they sucked is about as stupid as saying the Chiefs have a good defense.

rcsodak
06-07-2004, 09:49 PM
Just an FYI, White WAS injured.....but in the K State game. Wrist AND Leg.
On crutches and in a soft cast all winter/spring.

I'm sure if the backup was anything, Bob would have pulled him HAD HE KNOWN. Seems JW tried to keep it quiet and play through it.
Funny....but if he has another big year, will he STILL be over-rated?

And westy, White is like everyother player in college/pro......he plays against the teams ON THE SCHEDULE!

Qistheman
06-10-2004, 06:10 PM
changing the subject a little...

i think in the next couple of years if the sooners could reunite(this is all hypothetical just for sooner fans) could be a pretty darn good team in the nfl.

offense
QB-(stretch)White,rhett bomar if he developes, with heuple as qb coach
RB-Quentin Griffin who i think will be one of the elite backs in the nfl for years to come, then when Arian Peterson comes out will be great
fb-jd runnels, seth latrell
Wr- mark clayton, brandon jones, travis wilson, will peoples
te- trent smith who i think will compliment todd heap really well in baltimore, you also have stephen alexander, former pro bowler
tackle- stocker mcdougle, jamal brown
gaurd- stretch- wes simms, chris bush
center- vince carter

defense
de-dan cody- top 5 pick, johnathon jackson, jimmy wilkerson
dt-tommie harris will be a stud, dusty dvoracek,moe dampier
olb-calmus, lehman, travian smith, (young guys)lewis baker, demorrio pleasant
mlb-lance mitchel, torrence marshall
cb-derrick strait, chijoke onyanegetch, anotonio perkins,(anoither stretch is bassey
FS- brandon everage, tony cade if he develpes like i think he will
SS- all you need is Roy Williams, but you still have donte nicholson
NB- brodney pool he is the man
p-jeff ferguson
k-(stretch)dicarlo

if you can think of any other current players please suggest, but i think that team could do pretty well in the nfl

Qistheman
06-15-2004, 10:26 AM
kelly gregg- dt baltimore ravens to go next to harris he is an ex sooner
andre wolfolk- cb titans, ex sooner

Elway4King
06-23-2004, 10:44 PM
K-State fan living in OK here and I loved it! Listened every day how OU was the best team in the EVER. On the radio, TV, at school, at bars, EVERYWHERE. And then BILL SNYDER laid the whooping to the ole' traitors! LOVE IT!

Sproles for Heisman in '04 (if Meier can do ANYTHING)

Cody

Elway4King
06-23-2004, 10:51 PM
OU would beat K-State 8 out of 10. You can't even say that! If that game was close and K-State got lucky maybe, but it was a trouncing. Admit it, the Big 12 was weak last year (look at Bowl results) and OU mopped weak Big 12 talent. OU hasn't been able to run the ball sice Q left and K-State and LSU exploited that. K-State had trouble early in the year because of Ell's injury but once he was 100% they rolled. Imagine OU without White for a few games. If your gonna say OU lost only because White was hurt, then say the same about K-State with Ell's injury. Both teams were 100% for that game and it wasn't even close.

By the way if your gonna come back with "what happened in the Fiesta Bowl then?" The answer is the Big 12 was down and K-State was not better then Ohio State, but better then OU.

Cody

rcsodak
06-23-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Elway4King
Both teams were 100% for that game and it wasn't even close.

A little fyi, for you...

White was NOT 100%.
He got dinged up at the beginning of the game, then AGAIN vs LSU. No excuses, just FACTS.;)

Elway4King
06-23-2004, 11:14 PM
FYI they were down 14-7 when he got hit by Andrew so they were losing then. I meant he was 100% before the game!

Cody

Qistheman
06-24-2004, 10:44 AM
a little bit more FYI white was injured during the baylor game, before you be sarcastic, know what you are talking about.

Qistheman
06-24-2004, 10:56 AM
FYI they were down 14-7 when he got hit by Andrew so they were losing then. I meant he was 100% before the game!

Cody

when you score on your first offensive play it is easy to get lazy and thats what happened. OU would win 9-10 against ksu, and that was your 1-10. we played a poor game, we played lazy and beat ourselves. i am ready for OCT 16, to lay a whoopin down in manhattan

Elway4King
06-24-2004, 11:16 AM
White was injured from the Baylor game on huh? Before you say something like that know who you are talking to. I live in OKC and listen to sports radio everyday and heard nothing about him being hampered by injuries until AFTER the KSU game, and that was because KSU hammered his rear time and time again (Nice O-line!) Even if he did get injured in the Baylor game, he had three weeks to get better including 13 straight days off before the Big 12 Championship. White sure didn't look injured when they hung 50+ on Tech (Oh wait he probaly reinjured himself in practice after the Tech game.)

If you want to make excuses like that then Ell was still hobbled since he got injured in week 2. Since this debate is dumb, let me rephrase my statements, Both teams were very close to 100% for the Big 12 Championship (White was maybe 95%, Ell 96%, but lets get real here.)

As far as getting lazy and beating yourself, OU scored on their first drive in every game except two before K-State and that never caused them to get complacent before. Are you saying they were poorly coached? Beating yourself? You can say that about any loss. But I think K-State did a pretty good job of beating them! Your O couldn't run! That was K-State's D. Your D couldn't stop Sproles! That was he and a good line. Give the Wildcats some credit man!

You can speculate all you want but K-State won and for all math flunkies, that means they were on pace to beat OU 10 out of 10 times!!!!

LOL

Cody

rcsodak
06-30-2004, 10:20 PM
White was injured from the Baylor game on huh? Before you say something like that know who you are talking to. I live in OKC and listen to sports radio everyday and heard nothing about him being hampered by injuries until AFTER the KSU game, and that was because KSU hammered his rear time and time again (Nice O-line!) Even if he did get injured in the Baylor game, he had three weeks to get better including 13 straight days off before the Big 12 Championship. White sure didn't look injured when they hung 50+ on Tech (Oh wait he probaly reinjured himself in practice after the Tech game.)

If you want to make excuses like that then Ell was still hobbled since he got injured in week 2. Since this debate is dumb, let me rephrase my statements, Both teams were very close to 100% for the Big 12 Championship (White was maybe 95%, Ell 96%, but lets get real here.)

As far as getting lazy and beating yourself, OU scored on their first drive in every game except two before K-State and that never caused them to get complacent before. Are you saying they were poorly coached? Beating yourself? You can say that about any loss. But I think K-State did a pretty good job of beating them! Your O couldn't run! That was K-State's D. Your D couldn't stop Sproles! That was he and a good line. Give the Wildcats some credit man!

You can speculate all you want but K-State won and for all math flunkies, that means they were on pace to beat OU 10 out of 10 times!!!!

LOL

Cody

Now who's the homer?
KSU ended up where in the final rankings? OU?

You know damn well that OU couldn't run BEFORE the K-State game......so it wasn't their D.
And OU, for some reason, just does't match up well with scrambling qb's.....(ksux2,nu).
Yes, kstate won the big12 last year. good for them. Now we'll see who wins THIS year.....my money's on OU.

Elway4King
07-01-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by rcsodak
Now who's the homer?
KSU ended up where in the final rankings? OU?

You know damn well that OU couldn't run BEFORE the K-State game......so it wasn't their D.
And OU, for some reason, just does't match up well with scrambling qb's.....(ksux2,nu).
Yes, kstate won the big12 last year. good for them. Now we'll see who wins THIS year.....my money's on OU.

Oh, I see, ratings = What? Nothing. Everyone around the country gripes about rankings becasue they are extremely arbitrary. The only ranking that matters at the end of the year is #1. OU was ranked higher but were they champions of anything? Huh? Still listening? They played in the NC game so they had to be in the top 3 right. That's what most the voters thought. It's nice to be ranked high but I would never tell someone who won the conference, hey we're ranked higher. Take your ranking. I'll take the biggest loss in the Stoops era.

Oh, and how can the greatest team ever not have a running game. I remember everyone said their running game is good enough. I agree OU's running game has sucked for two straight years! I wish OU fans would admit this BEFORE the season. Already I'm hearing how good the running game is going to be with Adrian there. Hey, you have the same overrated line.

And everyone is a homer. At least I have something to lean on. Oh and by the way, I don't think K-State will win the Big 12 this year. Who do you pick? Surprise, surprise. HOMER!!!!

Cody

rcsodak
07-02-2004, 08:01 PM
Oh, I see, ratings = What? Nothing. Everyone around the country gripes about rankings becasue they are extremely arbitrary. The only ranking that matters at the end of the year is #1. OU was ranked higher but were they champions of anything? Huh? Still listening? They played in the NC game so they had to be in the top 3 right. That's what most the voters thought. It's nice to be ranked high but I would never tell someone who won the conference, hey we're ranked higher. Take your ranking. I'll take the biggest loss in the Stoops era.

Oh, and how can the greatest team ever not have a running game. I remember everyone said their running game is good enough. I agree OU's running game has sucked for two straight years! I wish OU fans would admit this BEFORE the season. Already I'm hearing how good the running game is going to be with Adrian there. Hey, you have the same overrated line.

And everyone is a homer. At least I have something to lean on. Oh and by the way, I don't think K-State will win the Big 12 this year. Who do you pick? Surprise, surprise. HOMER!!!!

Cody

You don't think it takes something special for a team to go undefeated through the entire regular season? If I was a betting man, and the tables were turned, I'm thinking you would be singing a different tune. Am I right? Huh? Can't hear you! :rolleyes:
I gave your cats their kudos, did I not?
And you say that OU's running game sucked for two straight years? Funny you say that.....did you WATCH them two years ago? Does Q come to mind? 1800+ yds? HELLLLLLOOOOOOO!

Elway4King
07-03-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by rcsodak
You don't think it takes something special for a team to go undefeated through the entire regular season? If I was a betting man, and the tables were turned, I'm thinking you would be singing a different tune. Am I right? Huh? Can't hear you! :rolleyes:
I gave your cats their kudos, did I not?
And you say that OU's running game sucked for two straight years? Funny you say that.....did you WATCH them two years ago? Does Q come to mind? 1800+ yds? HELLLLLLOOOOOOO!

Sorry about the two straight years. I forgot about that. Q was great but they sucked last year. By the way in '98 K-State went undefeated through the regular season and lost the Big 12 Championship and their Bowl Game much like OU last year. Did I sing your tune, no, and I still won't. They were a good team playing a down Big 12 schedule but were obviously overrated to lose their last two games and both of them were CLOSE! Unlike OU! It was a special year for K-State to go undefeated and beat Nebraska for the first time in thirty-some years but you will never here me say K-State would beat A&M 9 out of 10. A&M was a better team and K-State was a tad overrated.

I give OU kudos, they were a great team last year but OBVIOUSLY overrated and OBVIOUSLY still overrated if everyone is going to say they would have beat K-State 9 out of 10. Come on, it was 35-7? Would you admit that OU got lucky to beat Texas and that Texas would have won 9 out of 10 after that game. That would be rediculous wouldn't it? Now look at what you're doing.

Cody

rcsodak
07-03-2004, 05:34 PM
Well, seeing's how I'm not the one that said they'd win 9/10 times, I won't interject my opinion.
The thing is, these college kids are playing every week against not only the other teams, but against the media, the fans, the hype and against the odds. To come out on top every week IS something special. I guess at some point, the odds tend to catch up.
Unlike the NFL, these kids also have to juggle the school work around and be able to succeed in the classroom.
Not to mention, the dreaded injury bug.
I think its silly to talk about 9/10 games.....there are too many variables involved. But I would be interested in a 2/3!;)

Elway4King
07-03-2004, 06:03 PM
I agree with everything you said pretty much. These kids are extremely impressive, however, being a student myself, I know some don't really juggle school, they don't have to if you get my drift. That's just big time college sports. Your right, eventually you have to lose. By the way, how about 2/5 for your Sooners.:D

Cody

qfan
07-05-2004, 12:27 PM
I'll make two excuses.

any team that has the distraction of loosing its defensive coordinator the week before a big game against an equal team will likely loose.

Any team whose starting QB recieves a liking early in the game like Jason did, will likely loose.

Combine the two and they loose bad.

Conversely, in the Sugar bowl, I think OU had some chances to win the game, but didn't make the plays. Not to mention LSU coached a heck of a game! Only 7 point game! Great game!

rcsodak
07-05-2004, 12:43 PM
I agree with everything you said pretty much. These kids are extremely impressive, however, being a student myself, I know some don't really juggle school, they don't have to if you get my drift. That's just big time college sports. Your right, eventually you have to lose. By the way, how about 2/5 for your Sooners.:D

Cody

Careful, or I'll swing the other way....;)

Elway4King
07-05-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by qfan
I'll make two excuses.

any team that has the distraction of loosing its defensive coordinator the week before a big game against an equal team will likely loose.

Any team whose starting QB recieves a liking early in the game like Jason did, will likely loose.

Combine the two and they loose bad.

Conversely, in the Sugar bowl, I think OU had some chances to win the game, but didn't make the plays. Not to mention LSU coached a heck of a game! Only 7 point game! Great game!

I'll make another excuse for you. If an overrated team plays a good team like Kansas State when they are playing well, you will likely lose.

Combine that with the fact that Sproles is the best running back in the Nation and you will lose BAD!!!!!!

OU did have chances to win but they didn't, thats why LSU has the crystal.

Cody