PDA

View Full Version : Culter/Rivers/Rodgers(?) possibly the next Elway/Marino/Kelly

Tonyshucraft
09-15-2008, 12:14 AM
It might be too early to tell but could these be the next big three at QB. Yes there were a lot of talented QBs at the time of those three but Elway and company really were legends in their own rights. You couldn't think of one with out thinking of the other two. And not because they were in the same Draft.

We have had Manning/Brady/McNabb(when healthy) recently but there has not really been another combo that I can think of. Favre seems to be on his own on things. Most of the QBs drafted within a three year span of him are gone or haven't been anything near him.

Rodgers seems to be doing well with all that has gone on during all of histime in Green Bay, and seems like he could have a very bright future. He could very welll be better than the other QBs from his draft class, I think he is already there when it coems to being better than the QB drafted ahead of him.

Cutler is the kind of QB that the Broncos want. Before John Elway won, he lost and he kept going. That is the same with Cutler. If you want to compare the two, that is where you do it. Both of them seem to bring something with them

Rivers is probably a question mark. No doubt he has done well but he hasn't dealt with losing that much to know that if his team has a bad seasn, how he will react to it.A lot of great QBs have handled ba seasons, and tat is one thing we have to think about when it comes to River.

Obviously there are other players in the league that one could argue for. Romo is okay, but isn't somebody that oozes greatness. At times the team he has had his team lose faith in him on certain areas because of is actions. Eli Manning won a Super Bowl but he will have to do a lot more than that to be a great QB(Trent Dilfer won a super bowl, need I say more?)

bronc_fan23
09-15-2008, 03:30 AM
Give it about 4 years or so and I agree.

LightningBolt
09-15-2008, 08:00 AM
It might be too early to tell but could these be the next big three at QB. Yes there were a lot of talented QBs at the time of those three but Elway and company really were legends in their own rights. You couldn't think of one with out thinking of the other two. And not because they were in the same Draft.

We have had Manning/Brady/McNabb(when healthy) recently but there has not really been another combo that I can think of. Favre seems to be on his own on things. Most of the QBs drafted within a three year span of him are gone or haven't been anything near him.

Rodgers seems to be doing well with all that has gone on during all of histime in Green Bay, and seems like he could have a very bright future. He could very welll be better than the other QBs from his draft class, I think he is already there when it coems to being better than the QB drafted ahead of him.

Cutler is the kind of QB that the Broncos want. Before John Elway won, he lost and he kept going. That is the same with Cutler. If you want to compare the two, that is where you do it. Both of them seem to bring something with them

Rivers is probably a question mark. No doubt he has done well but he hasn't dealt with losing that much to know that if his team has a bad seasn, how he will react to it.A lot of great QBs have handled ba seasons, and tat is one thing we have to think about when it comes to River.

Obviously there are other players in the league that one could argue for. Romo is okay, but isn't somebody that oozes greatness. At times the team he has had his team lose faith in him on certain areas because of is actions. Eli Manning won a Super Bowl but he will have to do a lot more than that to be a great QB(Trent Dilfer won a super bowl, need I say more?)

I will say that Rivers and Cutler have arrived. It's too early to tell with Rodgers, but he definitely has the potential to be an elite QB. Tony Romo is good but he's more of a product of the players around him than his own talent. Dallas has the most talent of any team on offense with maybe the exception of the Patriots. However, the Dallas offensive line is better than the Patriots offensive line which gives Romo all day to dance around back there before he throws the ball to a wide open Terrell Owens. And, he doesn't handle pressure very well, as evidenced by the last two playoff losses he's had. I used to think that Carson Palmer would become an elite QB in the league but it seems that he's regressing. I can't put all the blame on him though considering that his whole team is disfunctional. So, I would say that for now, out of the young QBs, Cutler and Rivers are the best, followed by Romo, Rodgers, and Eli Manning, in that order.

Tonyshucraft
09-15-2008, 01:25 PM
A major reason why I mentioned Rogers was because of how he handled his situation. Yes, it has only been two weeks for him, but if it were just him coming and starting for any other team, I don't think we would see the same thing. But he has proved that he can play for a team where he will be looked at and compare to Brett Favre. His team really isn't the most talented, but they do seem to already believe in him.

If all the signs with this guy come to be a reality, he could be great.