PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs fans asking for Brady Quinn

Javalon
09-17-2008, 04:04 PM
http://www.getbradynow.com/

I wasn't sure if I should put this in Smack or not... :D

DawgFanatic
09-17-2008, 04:08 PM
Quinn needs to start right now, help salvage the rest of the season.

Javalon
09-17-2008, 04:09 PM
Quinn needs to start right now, help salvage the rest of the season.

Start for who? Chiefs or Browns? :D

Seriously, has the team really given up on Anderson already?

DawgFanatic
09-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Start for who? Chiefs or Browns? :D

Seriously, has the team really given up on Anderson already?

I'll tell ya, if the browns start out 0-3, dont' be surprised to see Quinn get the start week 4. The Quinn-Anderson situation is alot like it was here with plummer-cutler. Anderson played much better against the steelers. Stats probably would of been better if braylon learned how to catch a football. But he did have a INT in the redzone before the half that cost the Browns points. Overall the defense played well enough to win. Holding Pittsburgh to 10 points? I think anyone in the NFL would take that.

oh and the Chiefs would have to give ALOT to get quinn...back off chiefs

stnzed
09-17-2008, 04:29 PM
The Chefs just need to sit tight and waste that No1 overall pick on Tim "The Pretender" Tebow......

NinjaPirateFunk
09-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Quinn won't make a difference until they beef up that offensive line. They fell apart in a big hurry.

And hire a new coach.

Ravage!!!
09-17-2008, 08:00 PM
The Chiefs don't know WHAT the hell is going on over there.

WHY would you not give the ball more to Larry Johnson? wow.

The Chiefs might be smart to give up their first round pick to the Browns for Quinn..... they absolutely MUST draft a Qb now.. since they are two years too late.

Sanchez from USC?

BroncoKazuki
09-17-2008, 11:22 PM

The Chiefs might be smart to give up their first round pick to the Browns for Quinn..... they absolutely MUST draft a Qb now.. since they are two years too late.

Sanchez from USC?

Sanchez wont last in the NFL, he would have to take a year off to fully recover that knee before heading to the NFL.

Right now for the Trojans he's literally walking on borrowed time.

LbloodOjunkieG
09-18-2008, 12:06 AM
I don't know a whole lot about Sanchez. Is he a good prospect as far as the NFL go's? Is he considered a potential first round pick?

xX-Bronco-Xx
09-18-2008, 05:36 AM
Sanchez is the definition of a system quarterback. I have not seen anything special from him at all. Plus I really hate anything about USC. :D

GridironChamp
09-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Sanchez has looked great as far as an NFL prospect. The 20 yard outs that
are thrown with enough force to meet the WR at the sideline under the corner.
Looking a saftey off, finding the open guy, throwing on the run ect...

He doesnt have GREAT WRs either.

But he isnt a top 5 pick. No QBs are top 5 picks this year, IMO, other than Stafford
who I is not impressive. Daniels, Bradford, Tebow, Harrell, and most of the other
top QB prospects play from a spread/shotgun formation which can make them struggle
in the NFL. I like how Todd Reesing and Josh Freeman looks actually as far
as NFL QBs. Bradford and Daniels though seem to be able to make all the throws
just they play outta more spread formations and Daniels doesnt have the ideal
QB body.

I guess I gotta wait until the pro's scout all these guys because as of right now
I say go with the best OL and snag a Reesing, Daniels, Sanchez, Painter,
Boeckman, ect... in the second round or later.

I'd love to see Quinn here FYI.

VenomousDB
09-19-2008, 04:04 PM
The Chiefs shouldve taken advantage of the availability of Daunte Cullpepper before he retired.

Ravage!!!
09-19-2008, 04:09 PM
Stafford.. at least from the rivals rankings... is looking like a QB that could be worth that first pick.

There WILL be a QB worth that top five pick... because there is no other position the Chiefs can afford to spend that pick on. It HAS to be a QB.

str8jacket
09-19-2008, 11:34 PM
Stafford.. at least from the rivals rankings... is looking like a QB that could be worth that first pick.

There WILL be a QB worth that top five pick... because there is no other position the Chiefs can afford to spend that pick on. It HAS to be a QB.

There really isn't (in my opinion) that one quarterback in this class that really just stands out to me.

Daniel and Harrell are great, but just a product of a system that dominates the NCAA these days.

Boeckman...no comment.

Tebow...meh. Great college QB...doubt it translates to the NFL, same with Groethe and that guy from Central Michigan (Lefevour? SP?)

Stafford (in the opinion of a couple UGA fans as well as various fans from SEC schools) is too erratic, I haven't seen him much so I can't say I know a whole lot.

Sanchez, as of right now is probably the safe pick at QB. Maybe it's just me.

Tonyshucraft
09-20-2008, 02:30 AM
The Chefs just need to sit tight and waste that No1 overall pick on Tim "The Pretender" Tebow......

Maybe they can cook up a tasty QB........for defenses to eat up!

LarryDean
09-20-2008, 04:47 AM
Sanchez has looked great as far as an NFL prospect. The 20 yard outs that
are thrown with enough force to meet the WR at the sideline under the corner.
Looking a saftey off, finding the open guy, throwing on the run ect...

He doesnt have GREAT WRs either.

But he isnt a top 5 pick. No QBs are top 5 picks this year, IMO, other than Stafford
who is not impressive. Daniels, Bradford, Tebow, Harrell, and most of the other
top QB prospects play from a spread/shotgun formation which can make them struggle
in the NFL. I like how Todd Reesing and Josh Freeman looks actually as far
as NFL QBs. Bradford and Daniels though seem to be able to make all the throws
just they play outta more spread formations and Daniels doesnt have the ideal
QB body.

I guess I gotta wait until the pro's scout all these guys because as of right now
I say go with the best OL and snag a Reesing, Daniels, Sanchez, Painter,
Boeckman, ect... in the second round or later.

I'd love to see Quinn here FYI.

There really isn't (in my opinion) that one quarterback in this class that really just stands out to me.

Daniel and Harrell are great, but just a product of a system that dominates the NCAA these days.

Boeckman...no comment.

Tebow...meh. Great college QB...doubt it translates to the NFL, same with Groethe and that guy from Central Michigan (Lefevour? SP?)

Stafford (in the opinion of a couple UGA fans as well as various fans from SEC schools) is too erratic, I haven't seen him much so I can't say I know a whole lot.

Sanchez, as of right now is probably the safe pick at QB. Maybe it's just me.

What both these guys posted is pretty much my opinion as well...As of now I dont see any QB as top 1-10 talent..I'm not off base in saying that.Just looking at the draft history only 1 or 2 from each draft class has been able to rise to the top if any....excluding '04 where all three teams did really with the QB they drafted in the first round....So narrowing it down to the 1 or 2 players who will make it the NFL in the '09 draft class as first round talent is hard enough for NFL teams to do...Much less fans of the NFL and the draft....What Gridiron was saying..Seemed on point without knowing how the college season will turn out and the combine after...Roll the Dice in the first ...Draft a QB later in the draft .....

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/draft/QB-1980-now.htm

Just looking at where some of these QB's was drafted last year and comparing them to this years first round prospects I dont think that is a bad move at all...Brian Brohm 2/56,Chad Henne 2/57,John David Booty 5/137,Erik Ainge 5/162

There are players that are not so well known from this years draft class that could very well turn out to be the best...That do not carry the 1st round label at this time Cullen Harper,Curtis Painter,Rudy Carpenter

Watching college ball... Some years you can just tell that QB is going make it in the NFL and as fan would draft that player #1 overall if you had that pick and needed a QB but them years are few and far between...The opinion of the player could widely vary as well...Like last year with Matt Ryan...

Looking at the some of top prospects from this years class....

Tim Tebow ---I'm not a big fan of not as a 1st round prospect no way..I find him to be woefully in accurate...A spread QB..That has one more games using his legs in college then his arm...How long do think that would fly for him in the NFL...I will say this I think he is a work out warrior and has had a lot of training poured into for him to make it to the next level...I dont see him being anywhere near as gifted with his legs as the other QB's that have been drafted that had that same style of play......

Sam Bradford --- Great size,Great arm...But very raw ...Right now I view him as 1 of the players most likely to rise to the top...That also depends on how the season play's out (Big Games and Oklahoma) and the combine.....

Matt Stafford --- Has a great great arm imo...But as S8 pointed out has been erratic and inconsistent and looks unpolished in the pocket...I see NFL potential in him just needs time to develop his mechanics to go along with his arm....

Cullen Harper, Clemson --- I forgot about Clemson offense last year...At the start of this season when talking about draft prospects...I look for Kiper and Todd Mcshay to hype this guy up by the end of the season Size and Arm...This is depending on his body of work toward the end of the season...Again Raw..At times last year Clemson passing offense looked looked really really good .....So far this season Harper has very lack luster stats ..... 3TD 2 Int 142 Rating in college that is horrible ...

Both of the next two players again it really depends on how the season turns out ....This is really the first real time action they have had as a starting QB in the NCAA...

Hunter Cantwell,Mark Sanchez With Sanchez USC is just looking like it's going to roll over teams...I would say by the end of the season there will be plenty of good hype surrounding this guy...Look for him to to move up the draft boards as the season rolls on...Again another player with a limited body of work for me to base an opinion...The combine will show where this guy is as far as where he ends up imo...

What was the topic again :confused: :D

Chiefs fans asking for Brady Quinn

Do you blame them ...Me personally I was never big on Brady Quinn But as the Chiefs are clearly in the rebuilding stages of the franchise..I can understand them wanting a QB to rally behind..The Chiefs have only drafted 1QB in it seems in a gazillion years and of all things only spent a 3rd round draft pick on him..To me that is not a very good effort at trying to land a franchise QB...I know about Green and Huard....I know the Broncos was able to win games after Elway retired....But we as fans also seen how drafting a 3rd round QB and bringing a FA works as far as reaching the promise land...Is it coinscidence...That both teams during the best years after Elway got knocked out of the playoffs by the team that did spend a first round draft pick on their QB..Colts and Steelers and both teams was sure enough 13-3 going into the playoffs...:coffee:

Jared
09-20-2008, 07:46 AM
The Chiefs can want Quinn, but they won't get him.

And it won't matter.

Although unsexy and lacking name recgonition, they need an offesnive line, period.

Much like Oakland has, if you acquire skill position guys with no way to protect the QB who gets the ball to the skill guys, then you're wasting your money.

KC showed just 4 -5 years ago, that an elite OL with solid skill guys on offense can be potent. You don't need All-Pros at the WR, RB, and QB position. You need a good lines, and a good defense. Then, you can develop talent on the outside.

But Quinn will have the same problem Huard and co. have now.....no one to throw to, and no time to throw it. And Larry Johnson will struggle without better guys up front.

Chris Wade
09-20-2008, 09:52 AM
Look how Parcells is rebuilding Miami. The line . Number one pick and where does he go. The most unglamourest position on the whole football team. Smart. You listening K.C. ?

xX-Bronco-Xx
09-20-2008, 10:00 AM
Brady Quinn will be amazing once he starts for whatever team he's going to be on. From what I can tell Brady was THE man in Notre Dame and the team just doesn't have that presence now that he's gone.

GridironChamp
09-20-2008, 10:39 AM

I just dont see why we want to waste a pick on Stafford who cant even post
good numbers against directionaly schools. Stafford is the most overrated player
in college football. The arguement for him being good is that in practice he can
make all the NFL type throws. Well here, Bradford, Daniels, Harrell, ect... have
made all those throws in an real game against real schools.

Only QB in this draft I'd even consider drafting in round 1 is Sam Bradford, but
I think there will be pleny of talented QBs available in the second and third
round like Josh Freeman, Todd Reesing, Rudy Carpenter, ect.. I agree we need
a QB, but not QB we get will be able to move like Thigpin who is even struggling
staying off his back with our OL. THe right side of our OL is terrible, so taking
Oher or Monroe in the first round would allow Albert to slide to RG or RT, and Albert
has looked really good so far.

Javalon
09-20-2008, 02:03 PM
Look how Parcells is rebuilding Miami. The line . Number one pick and where does he go. The most unglamourest position on the whole football team. Smart. You listening K.C. ?

Well, in KC's defense, they did use one of their two first-round picks on OL. And nobody can blame them for using the #5 overall pick on Dorsey since they definitely needed D-line help as well.

Besides, many "experts" had the Chiefs taking Clady at #5. We should thank Al Davis for taking a glamour position instead of Dorsey so that the Chiefs could take Dorsey instead of Clady so that WE got our franchise LT. :beer:

GridironChamp
09-20-2008, 04:39 PM
Well, in KC's defense, they did use one of their two first-round picks on OL. And nobody can blame them for using the #5 overall pick on Dorsey since they definitely needed D-line help as well.

Besides, many "experts" had the Chiefs taking Clady at #5. We should thank Al Davis for taking a glamour position instead of Dorsey so that the Chiefs could take Dorsey instead of Clady so that WE got our franchise LT. :beer:

Im glad it happened to.

I like Albert alot more than Clady.

Javalon
09-20-2008, 05:32 PM
Im glad it happened to.

I like Albert alot more than Clady.

That's good, I guess. But I don't think you'd find a single Bronco fan who'd agree. And Clady has already been mentioned as a ROY candidate and is definitely viewed better than Albert. So I guess you must be thinking Albert will look better in the future since he doesn't so far.

getlynched47
09-20-2008, 05:40 PM
I'll tell ya, if the browns start out 0-3, dont' be surprised to see Quinn get the start week 4. The Quinn-Anderson situation is alot like it was here with plummer-cutler. Anderson played much better against the steelers. Stats probably would of been better if braylon learned how to catch a football. But he did have a INT in the redzone before the half that cost the Browns points. Overall the defense played well enough to win. Holding Pittsburgh to 10 points? I think anyone in the NFL would take that.

oh and the Chiefs would have to give ALOT to get quinn...back off chiefs

hey....STOP WRITING IN BOLD!!!
we can see what the heck you're writing...you type in bold ALL THE FREAKIN TIME!!!

jeez....

Now to the topic....I've seen a bunch of mock drafts where Kansas City takes Tim Tebow (assuming he comes out one year early) in the first round

GridironChamp
09-20-2008, 06:57 PM
That's good, I guess. But I don't think you'd find a single Bronco fan who'd agree. And Clady has already been mentioned as a ROY candidate and is definitely viewed better than Albert. So I guess you must be thinking Albert will look better in the future since he doesn't so far.

Really?

I only see Bronco fans saying stuff like that. Albert has yet to be beaten for
a sack. When the Chiefs run left our YPC is 4.2 were as when we run right it
is only 2.6. Sure Brian Waters is better than Whoever Jones (the RG) but McIntosh
has also given up the majority of sacks I've seen Croyle, Huard, and Thigpin
take. I dont know who is better, all i know so far is that Albert has played
well for KC and I'm really happy we took him.

Skywalker
09-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Brady Quinn will be amazing once he starts for whatever team he's going to be on. From what I can tell Brady was THE man in Notre Dame and the team just doesn't have that presence now that he's gone.

I think ND should rehire Ty Willingham to recruit, and then Weis can go win with his players. :goofy:

Javalon
09-20-2008, 07:59 PM
Really?

I only see Bronco fans saying stuff like that. Albert has yet to be beaten for
a sack. When the Chiefs run left our YPC is 4.2 were as when we run right it
is only 2.6. Sure Brian Waters is better than Whoever Jones (the RG) but McIntosh
has also given up the majority of sacks I've seen Croyle, Huard, and Thigpin
take. I dont know who is better, all i know so far is that Albert has played
well for KC and I'm really happy we took him.

By no means am I saying you shouldn't be happy with Albert. I was just referring to your "I like Albert alot more than Clady" statement because it sounds like homerism (not that there's anything wrong with that ;)).

And for the record, it most definitely is not just Bronco fans talking up Clady:

#7 -- Ryan Clady

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory?contentId=8572910&MSNHPHMA#sport=NFL&photo=8571620

Denver's Jay Cutler has played like a league MVP the first two weeks of the 2008 season. He's been protected by an unsung offensive line. Clady, though significantly lighter than Buffalo's Pro Bowler Peters, is showing the potential to be the league's next great offensive tackle.

http://thesnapper.com/2008/09/17/nfl-rookies-making-a-big-impact-already-this-season/

Ryan Clady, OT, Broncos- Anyone who knows me knows that I am also a fan of the big uglies, offensive lineman. Left tackle is arguably the hardest position in football, and asking a rookie to start at left tackle can be very risky. But it seems to be paying off for the Broncos. Ryan Clady has done exceptionally well blocking for Cutler who has stepped back to pass 74 times this season, third most in the NFL. Clady was considered to be one of the most talented linemen in the 2008 Draft, and arguably the rawest. It is scary to think that he has a long way to go before reaching his maximum potential.

There's also been mention of his great play on NFL Total Access and NFL Live, although they tend to gloss over offensive linemen. Solomon Wilcots was predicting Clady as rookie of the year at the start of the season. Etc., etc.

While I haven't generally heard Albert mentioned, it obviously could be that it's because he's on a sucky team. But whatever the case, I certainly don't see even the slightest reason to put Albert over Clady right now.

Ravage!!!
09-20-2008, 08:24 PM
While I haven't generally heard Albert mentioned, it obviously could be that it's because he's on a sucky team. But whatever the case, I certainly don't see even the slightest reason to put Albert over Clady right now.

not the SLIGHTEST of slights to even CONSIDER putting Albert over CLady.... not a hint of a reason.....

GridironChamp
09-20-2008, 08:53 PM
By no means am I saying you shouldn't be happy with Albert. I was just referring to your "I like Albert alot more than Clady" statement because it sounds like homerism (not that there's anything wrong with that ;)).

And for the record, it most definitely is not just Bronco fans talking up Clady:

There's also been mention of his great play on NFL Total Access and NFL Live, although they tend to gloss over offensive linemen. Solomon Wilcots was predicting Clady as rookie of the year at the start of the season. Etc., etc.

Thats fine, but in all honesty how much have you watched Albert play? I've
watched Clady, and I cant say he did anything bad or wrong, and maybe I pay
more attention to Albert when I watch KC play.

I definatly dont put either in same breat at Joe Thomas who failed to get ROY,
now that was due Peterson being a beast. I dont see any OL getting the ROY
unless they end up being a starter in the Pro Bowl.

Maybe Clady has played better and I just haven't noticed, the only time i watched
him was in the Texan game in which he struggled in run blocking. Havnt payed
much attention to him then, so that probably shapes my opinion.

But ROY so far is easily Royal.

GridironChamp
09-20-2008, 08:55 PM
not the SLIGHTEST of slights to even CONSIDER putting Albert over CLady.... not a hint of a reason.....

Again, how much have you actually watched the two play? To say there is no
hint at it would insist that Albert has played bad. Which I dont see a rookie LT
giving up 0 sacks and having the rushing YPC on his side about 2 yards higher
can be sucking. I guess Clady could be outperorming him, as I said I dont pay
as much attention to him. Last real watching of Clady was against Houstan in
the pre-season when he struggled against the run.

Ravage!!!
09-20-2008, 09:00 PM
Again, how much have you actually watched the two play? To say there is no
hint at it would insist that Albert has played bad. Which I dont see a rookie LT
giving up 0 sacks and having the rushing YPC on his side about 2 yards higher
can be sucking. I guess Clady could be outperorming him, as I said I dont pay
as much attention to him. Last real watching of Clady was against Houstan in
the pre-season when he struggled against the run.

you mean that ONE preseason game, his first ever NFL game, in which he was going against one of the TOP DEs in the league?

I'm not saying Albert is bad. I'm saying there is NOOOOOO reason to believe Albert is better than what Clady has shown to be. There isn't a slightest suggestion to believe that Albert is better.... but that doesn't mean I believe Albert is bad. I've watched both teams a LOT considering I'm in KC territory.

GridironChamp
09-20-2008, 09:18 PM
you mean that ONE preseason game, his first ever NFL game, in which he was going against one of the TOP DEs in the league?

I'm not saying Albert is bad. I'm saying there is NOOOOOO reason to believe Albert is better than what Clady has shown to be. There isn't a slightest suggestion to believe that Albert is better.... but that doesn't mean I believe Albert is bad. I've watched both teams a LOT considering I'm in KC territory.

If there is no way, then you havnt been watching very well.

Albert did play Burgess (as did Clady) and he played Seymour/Vrable/Thomas.
THey aren't slouches either. Im not gonna say Albert is better but I dont understand
how there is no chance. Last time I checked niether have given up a sack and
both are the best OT on their team. (not a hard task for either team though).
IDK how Clady has done against the run since that Texans game because Den.
always throws, but thanks to a newspaper article I'm confident that Albert can
be a good OT in the NFL, at both pass and run blocking.

I actually never understand how you can rate two OTs better than one another
when they have similar stats so far. Only difference is that Royal and Marshall
have been better than Bowe and Darling ( :laugh: ) and Cutler has outperformed
(everyone) especially Thigpin and Croyle. It also doesnt help Albert's case that
Jones and McIntosh (the right side) have accounted for all but one of the sacks
agaisnt Kansas City given up by the OL. (other sack was over the center). So
the KC OL looks pathetic while Denvers looks good, but the left side of our line
has been strong so far.

I'll give it to you, as far as ROY goes Clady is ahead of Albert. Also, dont forget
that you run a zone blocking scheme that allows the less physical Clady to
maximize his skills where as KC runs a power scheme that requires physical
play. Thus still making Albert > Clady for us, a very real possibilty.

Javalon
09-20-2008, 11:55 PM
Thats fine, but in all honesty how much have you watched Albert play? I've
watched Clady, and I cant say he did anything bad or wrong, and maybe I pay
more attention to Albert when I watch KC play.

I definatly dont put either in same breat at Joe Thomas who failed to get ROY,
now that was due Peterson being a beast. I dont see any OL getting the ROY
unless they end up being a starter in the Pro Bowl.

Maybe Clady has played better and I just haven't noticed, the only time i watched
him was in the Texan game in which he struggled in run blocking. Havnt payed
much attention to him then, so that probably shapes my opinion.

But ROY so far is easily Royal.
I don't expect Clady to win the ROY. I was only bringing up how he's been mentioned for it, which is about all an OL can expect when that award is dominated by "skill" players.

As for Albert, it sounds like I've seen more of him than you have of Clady, enough to not notice hearing his name which is a good thing for OL. But that's why I was bringing up all the acclaim (from non-Denver sources) he's been getting compared to none for Albert that I've heard. Although I did admit that might be because the Chiefs are struggling as a whole.

And if you've only seen Clady in the Texans game then you've seen the only time he has struggled. The very first drive of his professional career, Mario Williams schooled him on 2 or 3 running plays, although he couldn't do a thing to get by Clady to get after Cutler. But after that first drive of the first preseason game, Clady has been great. I was really worried about a rookie starting at LT, no matter his "potential", but so far he has completely laid my worries to rest.

I'll say it again, I'm not ripping on Albert but was just ripping on your comment that implied Albert was better than Clady, which I found completely bogus.

pipes
09-21-2008, 05:55 AM
I don't think that the Chiefs should just focus on ONE former first round QB.

After all, there might be plenty available in the offseason.....

Alex Smith, Joey Harrington, Duante Culpepper (I still think he wants to play-wants a team to kiss his a$$), Byron Leftwich, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, etc.....

Alex Smith, imo, was a wasted pick and hated the selection when it happened. The 49ers seemed to panic because they wanted a face for their franchise and needed a quarterback, Smith however was and is neither!

I would think that the Chiefs would definitely learn from the 49ers' misfortune and not merely select a QB high, because they don't seem to have an NFL caliber QB at the moment.

However, KC also waited till later in the draft and selected Croyle-who has basically failed.

So its a catch-22 really.

xX-Bronco-Xx
09-21-2008, 06:41 AM
I think ND should rehire Ty Willingham to recruit, and then Weis can go win with his players. :goofy:

No thanks. Weis has two more years to actually build up his team with his recruits all of them are play makers for our team now remind you.. Well on the offensive side at least.

GridironChamp
09-21-2008, 12:32 PM
I don't expect Clady to win the ROY. I was only bringing up how he's been mentioned for it, which is about all an OL can expect when that award is dominated by "skill" players.

As for Albert, it sounds like I've seen more of him than you have of Clady, enough to not notice hearing his name which is a good thing for OL. But that's why I was bringing up all the acclaim (from non-Denver sources) he's been getting compared to none for Albert that I've heard. Although I did admit that might be because the Chiefs are struggling as a whole.

And if you've only seen Clady in the Texans game then you've seen the only time he has struggled. The very first drive of his professional career, Mario Williams schooled him on 2 or 3 running plays, although he couldn't do a thing to get by Clady to get after Cutler. But after that first drive of the first preseason game, Clady has been great. I was really worried about a rookie starting at LT, no matter his "potential", but so far he has completely laid my worries to rest.

I'll say it again, I'm not ripping on Albert but was just ripping on your comment that implied Albert was better than Clady, which I found completely bogus.

If you find it bogus, then i sense alot of homerism. To be bogus Clayd would
have to have easily out performed Clady in which its hard to get better than
0 sacks allowed and the YPC on your side being 2 yards higher compared to
the other side.

You think you've seen more of Albert than I have Clady? I've watched every
Denver game so far this year (although I only really payed attention to Clady
back in the pre season game). He hasnt done anything bad, he has been
good. To say there is no way Albert is better is beyond a homer statement due
to the fact that Albert has been excellent for Kansas City. So unless Clady has
somehow outperformed giving up 0 sacks and the YPC on his side being more
than 2 yards higher than the right I say there is a very good chance to say
Albert is as good as Clady.

Not to mention the fact that Clady is a zone blocking linemen who is anti physical
and more athletic. That would not fly for Kansas City at all. We have a power
run scheme. We were rumored to be going to a zone blocking scheme but so
far we have had the man on man power blocking idea. I dont think Clady would
be as good as Albert in our system (that im 100% sure of) as Im sure Albert
would not be as good as Clady at your scheme.

You have mentioned it, but I dont know if your thinking about it. Clady is getting
the coverage becuase of how good the Broncos have been. Last year Joe Thomas
got alot of coverage because the Browns were spurisingly good. The year before
Ferguson (Jets) didnt get as much because the team wasnt very good. Yet, he
is a good LT and will be for years. Does that mean he isnt in the same league
as Joe Thomas? No, I think Thomas is a bit better because he is nasty, but
Ferguson is a mammoth and has faired just fine at LT for the Jets despite the
lack of coverage.

I like Albert better for us, and yes I think he is in the same league as Clady. I'm glad
we didnt end up with Clady because I think our power run game would struggle even
more. Not that Clady hasnt been good, he just isnt the best fit outta the two for us
and his skills havnt skyscraped over Albert, although that woudl be difficult to do.

GridironChamp
09-21-2008, 12:35 PM
I don't think that the Chiefs should just focus on ONE former first round QB.

After all, there might be plenty available in the offseason.....

Alex Smith, Joey Harrington, Duante Culpepper (I still think he wants to play-wants a team to kiss his a$$), Byron Leftwich, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, etc.....

Alex Smith, imo, was a wasted pick and hated the selection when it happened. The 49ers seemed to panic because they wanted a face for their franchise and needed a quarterback, Smith however was and is neither!

I would think that the Chiefs would definitely learn from the 49ers' misfortune and not merely select a QB high, because they don't seem to have an NFL caliber QB at the moment.

However, KC also waited till later in the draft and selected Croyle-who has basically failed.

So its a catch-22 really.

Well when there is a clear cut number one NFL caliber QB to take, you take
him. Problem is I dont see one. Last night I did finally see why people like Stafford
but the problem is that for every good play/throw he makes he will make a bad
throw or play. He didnt have great numbers, but I saw this arm stength and
his accuracy downfield. Its there, but Is it #1 or #2 pick worthy? I dont think so.

Give me Freemen or Daniels or Carpenter later in the draft while nabbing Oher
or Smith in round uno.

Javalon
09-22-2008, 01:52 AM
If you find it bogus, then i sense alot of homerism. To be bogus Clayd would
have to have easily out performed Clady in which its hard to get better than
0 sacks allowed and the YPC on your side being 2 yards higher compared to
the other side.
No, it's homerism on your part to imply Albert is better than Clady. It's ridiculous for you to say that Clady would "have to have easily out performed" Albert in order for me to dispute your statement that Albert was better. Really, all I have to do is show that they are at least on a par.

So tell me, how did Albert do today? Give up any sacks or pressures? ;)

You think you've seen more of Albert than I have Clady? I've watched every
Denver game so far this year (although I only really payed attention to Clady
back in the pre season game). He hasnt done anything bad, he has been
good. To say there is no way Albert is better is beyond a homer statement due
to the fact that Albert has been excellent for Kansas City. So unless Clady has
somehow outperformed giving up 0 sacks and the YPC on his side being more
than 2 yards higher than the right I say there is a very good chance to say
Albert is as good as Clady.
You just said the only time you even paid attention to Clady was on his first preseason drive. Therefore, you apparently haven't seen jack. :coffee:

By the way, the Broncos STILL have not given up a sack, which obviously includes Clady.

Not to mention the fact that Clady is a zone blocking linemen who is anti physical
and more athletic. That would not fly for Kansas City at all. We have a power
run scheme. We were rumored to be going to a zone blocking scheme but so
far we have had the man on man power blocking idea. I dont think Clady would
be as good as Albert in our system (that im 100% sure of) as Im sure Albert
would not be as good as Clady at your scheme.
Saying you think Albert better fits your scheme is about the only thing you've said that sounds like a rational argument.

You have mentioned it, but I dont know if your thinking about it. Clady is getting
the coverage becuase of how good the Broncos have been.

While I haven't generally heard Albert mentioned, it obviously could be that it's because he's on a sucky team.
You're right, I did mention it because I'm fully cognizant of that possibility.

I like Albert better for us, and yes I think he is in the same league as Clady. I'm glad
we didnt end up with Clady because I think our power run game would struggle even
more. Not that Clady hasnt been good, he just isnt the best fit outta the two for us
and his skills havnt skyscraped over Albert, although that woudl be difficult to do.
And I never once said "Clady >> Albert" or any smack like that. Once again, I was only replying to your errant implication that Albert is the better offensive lineman. If you want to claim he's a better fit for your offense, great.

I'm done with this silly discussion. Maybe we can get back to the original topic of the Chiefs fans crying themselves to sleep at night over the lack of a real quarterback. :D

GridironChamp
09-22-2008, 12:49 PM
No, it's homerism on your part to imply Albert is better than Clady. It's ridiculous for you to say that Clady would "have to have easily out performed" Albert in order for me to dispute your statement that Albert was better. Really, all I have to do is show that they are at least on a par.

So tell me, how did Albert do today? Give up any sacks or pressures? ;)

He did give up a sack to John Abraham, who had 5 sacks before beating Albert.
But it is in question as the announcers mentioned. Albert pushed Abraham outside
and then turned back inside to hit the next guy. It seemed as if he thought he had Charles to pick him up, but actually Charles was on the other side of
Thigpin not picking up anyone yet. Could be Albert's fault or Charles, dont know
without asking Herm Edwards. Usually Charles is good in blitz pick up so I cant
make the call.

Actually I think you have it backwards... Your the one saying there is no way
Albert could be better. If they were to be even, then I'd be correct in saying
that I like that we got Albert instead of Clady because 1) It would be a crapshoot
and 2) one is better for us.

You just said the only time you even paid attention to Clady was on his first preseason drive. Therefore, you apparently haven't seen jack. :coffee:
Yet I've watched him play, not closely, thats more than I can say about you and Albert.

By the way, the Broncos STILL have not given up a sack, which obviously includes Clady.

Saying you think Albert better fits your scheme is about the only thing you've said that sounds like a rational argument.

I think that has been the whole point. Clady has not outperformed Albert by
that much, if any, but the fact that Albert can play the power game makes me
happy we got him instead of Clady.

You're right, I did mention it because I'm fully cognizant of that possibility.

And I never once said "Clady >> Albert" or any smack like that. Once again, I was only replying to your errant implication that Albert is the better offensive lineman. If you want to claim he's a better fit for your offense, great.

When saying there is no way you can see Albert better than Clady that is
how it comes out. Calling it bogus that someone would rather take Albert over
Clady creates the whole Clady >> Albert idea.

I'm done with this silly discussion. Maybe we can get back to the original topic of the Chiefs fans crying themselves to sleep at night over the lack of a real quarterback. :D

Why? Its been the same for the last 3 years, I think we are used to it by now.

Bowlensbest3233
09-23-2008, 04:00 PM

Sanchez from USC?

Nothing will fix this team this season, but if you think giving LJ the ball more is the answer, you haven't watched him this year. He is tiptoeing to the line and falling down 95% of the time. He had 3 good runs against Atlanta. That team is bad. I love Carl Peterson. Almost as much as I love Al Davis.

BroncoManiac_69
09-23-2008, 09:54 PM
It's kinda funny, me and a friend were discussing Quinn earlier today.

Why did the Browns even draft him if he's gonna ride the pine this long?

IMO, Brady should have been in the starting position last year. He's basically turning into rust. Wasting his career.

If another team wants him, Chiefs or not, then so be it. This guy still has commercials in our face and he is doing absolutely nothing in Cleveland. The last two pages of this thread didn't even include his name. :coffee:

Javalon
09-24-2008, 12:10 AM
It's kinda funny, me and a friend were discussing Quinn earlier today.

Why did the Browns even draft him if he's gonna ride the pine this long?

IMO, Brady should have been in the starting position last year. He's basically turning into rust. Wasting his career.

If another team wants him, Chiefs or not, then so be it. This guy still has commercials in our face and he is doing absolutely nothing in Cleveland. The last two pages of this thread didn't even include his name. :coffee:

Riding the bench for a couple years won't kill his career. Just look at guys like Phillip Rivers and Aaron Rodgers.

As for last season, it's hard to question their decision to let Quinn sit and learn considering Anderson went to the Pro Bowl. But the way he's playing this year, Quinn could be starting soon. Highly doubtful the Browns would trade him now.