PDA

View Full Version : what happened to chad ocho cinco?

DrunkPanda
09-21-2008, 12:36 PM
how come he's chad johnson again?

Skywalker
09-21-2008, 12:37 PM

Well, I'm not sure if his name legally is still Ocho Cinco or if he changed it back to Johnson. Because the NFL wouldn't let Chad put Ocho Cinco on his jersey unless he bought out all the "Chad Johnson" jerseys from Reebok. I bet he thought it was too expensive just for a name.

Kapaibro
09-21-2008, 12:39 PM

Goodell said he can start wearing his 'legal' name once the marketing issues with Reebok have been resolved.

GridironChamp
09-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Reebok is trying to make him buy all of the Chad Johnson jerseys, but he is
planning on taking them court and everyone says he will win.

So for now, until its settled, he has to have Johnson.

BarkdogRX7
09-22-2008, 01:57 PM
I luv Chad but he is now in that Randy Moss Raiders slump where he is wasting prime years of his career there, as far as his jersey issue goes, people are just hating on a dude and making him jump through hoops...this is bogus. He will win this legal battle but by then will anyone really care about this still?

thatkidhunt
09-22-2008, 02:04 PM
Forget his name, the guy hasnt done a SINGLE thing on the football field all year, he is absolutley killing my fantasy squad, its really quite sad.

Bronco51
09-22-2008, 02:15 PM
He might as well go by the name 'incomplete' because I haven't heard his name called all season!!!!!! At least then he can hear his name plenty.

Bronco Texan
09-22-2008, 08:23 PM
I think it is stupid that they are making him buy out the rest of his old Jerseys. Did they make Favre buy out the rest of his GB jerseys? Or any player that basically forces a trade or release from a team? No I bet they don't. What does Rebok do then? If I was Ochocinco I'd sue both Rebok and the League.

GridironChamp
09-23-2008, 10:20 AM
He might as well go by the name 'incomplete' because I haven't heard his name called all season!!!!!! At least then he can hear his name plenty.

It's not like Carson Palmer is lighting it up....

The Bengals offense is struggling, and yes being a WR you depend on your OL
to give your QB time to get you the ball. You depend on your RB to make some
plays so your not facing 7 DBs each play. A WR is a depending position, and
Cincy has no help.