PDA

View Full Version : Ram's Benching Bulger...

RedRaptor
09-23-2008, 09:59 AM
I guess this is what they meant by "shaking things up" if they keep losing...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3604491

Pressured to shake up an offense that ranked 31st in the league, Rams coach Scott Linehan benched Marc Bulger on Tuesday and has given the starting job to Trent Green.

NFC West blog

ESPN.com's Mike Sando writes about all things NFC West in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation
Linehan made the announcement with a one-sentence statement Tuesday. He won't comment until his normal press conference Tuesday afternoon.

Bulger completed only 52 of 89 attempts for 519 yards in this first three games, but pass protection has been the big problem. He's been sacked 11 times. Bulger is only 19 games into a six-year, $65.1 million contract signed in the summer of 2007.

Green, 38, is in his second tour of duty with the Rams. He was with the Rams in 1999 and 2000 before making stops in Kansas City and Miami.

With his longtime offensive coordinator Al Saunders running the Rams offense, Green decided to sign on to be the Rams backup. Now, heading into Sunday's game against the Bills, Green will be the starter.

Maybe I just don't know enough about the situation, but as anemic as the offense has been this seems very surprising IMO...

str8jacket
09-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Bench Linehan! (sp)

LordTrychon
09-23-2008, 10:06 AM
Green's still in the NFL! :laugh:

gaberox
09-23-2008, 03:40 PM
They're probably benching him to avoid getting the franchise qb seriously injured.I wouldnt be surprised if Bulger asked to be benched:smug:Really though Bulger is a good qb when given a little time in the pocket and decent recievers.Drew Bennett has been injured and Bruce is gone.I dont see how benching him is going to help any other than preserving him for next year.What a disaster they have made of that franchise.

RedRaptor
09-23-2008, 04:04 PM
Bench Linehan! (sp)

That's kind of what I was thinking would happen...

Green's still in the NFL! :laugh:

:laugh: I know...maybe it'll be like old times and when Green goes down the 3rd-string guy becomes the next Kurt Warner!

They're probably benching him to avoid getting the franchise qb seriously injured.I wouldnt be surprised if Bulger asked to be benched:smug:Really though Bulger is a good qb when given a little time in the pocket and decent recievers.Drew Bennett has been injured and Bruce is gone.I dont see how benching him is going to help any other than preserving him for next year.What a disaster they have made of that franchise.

Exactly...they really haven't done a lot to build up depth ANYWHERE, and aren't doing anything at all to help protect what little talent they have still. How will they keep Jackson around, especially with how frustrated he gets sometimes?? I'm a little scared that something bad might happen to Green...I mean, he HAS had some bad concussions...

Wolverine83
09-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Didn't Bulger just get a big contract extension?

What a mess MISSOURI is right now.

Rams + Chefs = :sick::sick::sick:

Skywalker
09-25-2008, 06:50 PM
Didn't Bulger just get a big contract extension?

What a mess MISSOURI is right now.

Rams + Chefs = :sick::sick::sick:

At least they have the Missouri Tigers. :laugh:

saltybuggah
09-26-2008, 01:14 PM
wow the rams are in serious trouble (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AuI3GkbEjoM_y21ZZIx0Wdr.uLYF?slug=rotowi re-arculgerotappyithine&prov=rotowire&type=fantasy)

Marc Bulger: Not Happy With Linehan

Buzz Up PrintUpdate: Bulger reportedly does not want to play for head coach Scott Linehan any longer, the Post-Dispatch reports.

Recommendation: Unidentified team sources gave P-D that information but it could be the water boy for all we know. Clearly the relationship between the embattled coach and Bulger took a turn for the worse this week when a healthy Bulger was benched in favor of Trent Green. Bulger has refused to comment publicly but his star running back Steven Jackson has saying, “He’s our general. You don’t pay someone $60-something million and then sit him on the bench” (Bulger was signed to a $65 million contract extension prior to the 2007 season.) Jackson went on to add that “I’m not the only one who feels this way”, obviously referencing other teammates who feel Bulger is getting the short end of the stick. It is starting to appear that Linehan has lost almost all his players and his ouster from the head coaching position may be only days away.

the highlighted statement was also just on espn.... this does not look good for the rams organization...

stink was talking about it and basically said that the players already have turned on coach Linehan... if the vets turn against the coach then the rest of the team will follow and right now its looking that way...

so which team is in worse shape right now rams, raiders, or the chiefs :confused:

beastlymarsh15
09-26-2008, 01:16 PM
i think you should bench all of the st. louis rams team!! they're a disgrace when on the field

rockreptile
09-26-2008, 02:04 PM
I haven't watched much of the rams,, so i dont know how Buldger has been playing... I know he used to be very good.... but he did have that shoulder surgery within the past year i think....

RedFalcon
09-28-2008, 03:34 AM
Benching Bulger at Rams it's not the answer. Bulger is a good QB, his offensive line doesn't help him much. That's where the changes should be. Because when you got a RB like Steven Jackson, and he can't find lanes to go through, then of course, Bulger will not have time to pass, since the line is unable to protect. Plus, the Rams need WRs...
;)

anton...
09-28-2008, 07:23 AM
so which team is in worse shape right now rams, raiders, or the chiefs :confused:

rams...

they are straight up not nearly at an nfl level this season...

the raiders can play sometimes (nearly beating the 3-0 bills last week)

and the chiefs are at least rebuilding...

but the rams are getting older, and they straight up suck...

they have been out of every game this season by the end of the 1st quarter...

something needs to change...

and i dont think that benching bulger is the way to go...

i think we all know he can play...

Chris Wade
10-04-2008, 01:20 PM
Haslett's starting bulger from what I heard.