PDA

View Full Version : Tony Gonzales Wants Out?

Orange_Nut
09-25-2008, 06:44 AM
I guess Tony is looking for a way out to a good team. Where do you think he might go? I don't think we need him, I'm just worried San Diego picks him up with their ailing Gates. But I doubt KC is dumb enough to trade him to a division rival.

str8jacket
09-25-2008, 06:49 AM
Link? I've heard no such thing.

Orange_Nut
09-25-2008, 06:52 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80b18600

str8jacket
09-25-2008, 06:57 AM
Thanks.......

I cant see him going anywhere but the NFC really.

Orange_Nut
09-25-2008, 06:59 AM
Yeah... you're probably right. But you gotta bet that there are a lot of AFC teams licking their chops..

str8jacket
09-25-2008, 07:01 AM
Yeah... you're probably right. But you gotta bet that there are a lot of AFC teams licking their chops..

Either way AFC teams are licking their chops if they have the Chiefs on their schedule :laugh:

Passepartout
09-25-2008, 03:25 PM
Surprised he wants out, as long as he has been with that team.

BarkdogRX7
09-25-2008, 03:35 PM
I could see someone in the NFC looking to add him like right now, does MIN have anymore money for the cap? Philly might need someone with their injuries, Seattle is always looking for targets, just get em out of the AFC West haha

Wolverine83
09-25-2008, 04:06 PM
Either way AFC teams are licking their chops if they have the Chiefs on their schedule :laugh:

LOL

I'm not surprised Gonzo wants out, the guy wants a ring and it is very obvious KC is more years away from that than "The Gonz" has left.
I could see him going to the Eagles.

SarahKay14
09-26-2008, 10:16 AM
Even Tony doesn't want to be a Cheif anymore.. sad day in KC.

Makes me feel good about Sunday though!

Ravage!!!
09-26-2008, 10:27 AM
Doesn't surprise me at all.

He's always been all about the money... now he's taking the opportunity to pull what a lot of older players do... go and 'search out the ring'.... which I find to be absolutely lame.

I personally HATE that junk. Joining another team that may be going to the playoffs/sb... doesn't mean you EARNED that. You didn't help build that team. You didn't help fight through the lean years and EARN that SB. You jumped on the ship and collected a piece of jewelry. Lame.

BroncoManiac_69
09-26-2008, 11:40 AM
Surprised he wants out, as long as he has been with that team.

KCLadyFan is NOT going to like this at all. :huh:

BroncFanInPA
09-26-2008, 11:40 AM
Eagles need a decent TE, but they're probably too cheap to pay Gonzo what he'd be able to get elsewhere

beastlymarsh15
09-26-2008, 11:44 AM
I guess Tony is looking for a way out to a good team. Where do you think he might go? I don't think we need him, I'm just worried San Diego picks him up with their ailing Gates. But I doubt KC is dumb enough to trade him to a division rival.

i herd that one 2...he said he wouldn't mind goign to a contendin team bc the chiefs stink and won't go to the super bowl anytime soon

saltybuggah
09-26-2008, 12:27 PM
Doesn't surprise me at all.

He's always been all about the money... now he's taking the opportunity to pull what a lot of older players do... go and 'search out the ring'.... which I find to be absolutely lame.

I personally HATE that junk. Joining another team that may be going to the playoffs/sb... doesn't mean you EARNED that. You didn't help build that team. You didn't help fight through the lean years and EARN that SB. You jumped on the ship and collected a piece of jewelry. Lame.

i look at it this way... i understand that the "search out the ring" is always going to be thrown out at players that do this...

but look at the chiefs and what they have done with the franchise... why would a older player want to stick around there... same goes for maimi and taylor... those teams are years away from rebuilding into a superbowl contender... years that some players dont have/arent willing to give...

gonzalez gave kc 12 years to rebuild into a contender... has kc done anything to keep a player that just might want to win the big game or show up on the dance floor at least...

i can see both sides of the arguements but some cases its more of an issue that players just get frustrated about an organization... i dont know if this is the case just throwing it out there.

DawgFanatic
09-26-2008, 01:42 PM
Pretty surprised....i wouldn't doubt to see him in a Giants, Cardinals or Eagles uniform soon.

ebsoria
09-26-2008, 02:25 PM
Im not a fan of seeing guys like him leave the team. Or as an example.. seeing Shannon leave Denver. Favre leave GB... but I guess you get to a point where you really want that ring you start to chase it. :rolleyes:

GridironChamp
09-26-2008, 03:38 PM
How can you blame him...?

He has said and done all the right stuff for the last 12 years and Carl Peterson
just isnt giving him a chance to be on a good team anymore. He has been a class
act. He wasnt like LJ, sure he got paid but team's woulda payed more. He wanted
to stay and build a team. Peterson kinda has kinda ruined that plan.

I hope he does go to Philly or somewhere and help them get a ring.

saltybuggah
09-26-2008, 03:46 PM

He has said and done all the right stuff for the last 12 years and Carl Peterson

awwww hell no

i dont need to sit and listen to these phili fans winning a superbowl

anywhere but the eagles please..... but now that westbrook is possibly out and mcnabb hurting it could be another long season for the birds...

not phili

GridironChamp
09-26-2008, 08:37 PM
awwww hell no

i dont need to sit and listen to these phili fans winning a superbowl

anywhere but the eagles please..... but now that westbrook is possibly out and mcnabb hurting it could be another long season for the birds...

not phili

K, um to the Vikes?

Drunk Bronco
09-26-2008, 08:44 PM
NO...god ..goddamnit...Why the hell did you even POST THIS CRAP???who cares dude...

NinjaPirateFunk
09-26-2008, 11:33 PM
Maybe he's getting a little tired of not having anyone to throw him a decent ball. I mean, it's like I've always said-when the o-line breaks down, the team goes with it. And now Tony has no one to give him the ball. I know he had kind of a comeback year last year in the Chief's desperation holycrapwe'relosingbyalot passing attack but this year, it looks bleak. I doubt that happens twice, and when the team's turning to Thigpen, things are getting uglier. Add in his line is even worse than last year and he's hitting around 32 years old. I think his internal football clock is telling him to do this.

GridironChamp
09-27-2008, 03:55 PM
Maybe he's getting a little tired of not having anyone to throw him a decent ball. I mean, it's like I've always said-when the o-line breaks down, the team goes with it. And now Tony has no one to give him the ball. I know he had kind of a comeback year last year in the Chief's desperation holycrapwe'relosingbyalot passing attack but this year, it looks bleak. I doubt that happens twice, and when the team's turning to Thigpen, things are getting uglier. Add in his line is even worse than last year and he's hitting around 32 years old. I think his internal football clock is telling him to do this.

The lines alot better than last year...

There isnt much pressure off the left, its all from the right or when the D blitzes.
We cant handle the blitz or we cant handle a decent rusher on the right.

Ravage!!!
09-27-2008, 04:54 PM

There isnt much pressure off the left, its all from the right or when the D blitzes.

This last week against the Falcons you got lots of pressure from the left.. I was sure to watch after reading your comments on how good Alberts was doing :D :smug:

Overtime
09-27-2008, 05:05 PM
It's a shame we can't get him to compliment Tony Scheffler, B-Marsh, and Eddie Royal.

Personally I feel sad T-Gonz doesn't have a ring yet. The guy is a phenomenal athlete, full of class, goes out there and plays his ass off game in and game out. If anyone deserves a ring it's him.

I remember when he held out of training camp a few years ago over a contract...he really didn't want the money, he wanted to play for a contender, and that was the issue with the contract...he didn't want to sign a new contract if the team was gonna lose, but sadly he allowed Carl Peterson to blow sunshine up his ass, and so he ended up signing.

I could see him going to the Giants, or New England, or maybe Carolina, or possibly the Saints.

but other than that I don't think there's a big demand on any winning teams rosters...

Ravage!!!
09-27-2008, 05:06 PM

I can disagree with that. I don't think he's been a class act. He was holding out for #1 WR money. Carl rightfully said no, and when they finally got him to sign a contract, he went 14 GAMES without a TD catch.

Just a couple years back, and he was demanding top money.... asked if he had signed a new deal yet and gives the "Do I have a smile on my face" reply as he gives a stern look to the reporter.

Tony thinks there should be a flag thrown each time a pass is defended against him with his trademark "throw flag" hand signal. Tony has complained MANY times throughout the years to the media about him not being used enough and is tired of the ball not being thrown to him.

Recently he stated that he was looking forward to helping the young talent and rookies develop. Now.. he wants to jump and land on a ship already heading to the playoffs and hope to jump on their ship.

NinjaPirateFunk
09-28-2008, 12:50 AM

I think they're in a position that they have more potential but they're playing at least just as badly as last year.