PDA

View Full Version : Jags Collier Paralyzed Permanently

beastlymarsh15
09-29-2008, 01:14 PM
http://cbs4denver.com/nationalsports/Richard.Collier.paralyzed.2.828437.html

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) ― Jacksonville Jaguars offensive tackle Richard Collier, who was shot earlier this month, is paralyzed below the waist and has had his left leg amputated, his doctors said Monday.

They said Collier, who had 14 bullet wounds, is now in stable condition after being previously listed in critical condition.

my prayers go to this guy....very similar situation to Darrent Williams (RIP)

Southstander
09-29-2008, 01:24 PM
My prayers go out to him and his family.

I_Only_Like_Jay
09-29-2008, 01:28 PM
Except for, paralyzed or not, he's still alive. Darrent wasn't as lucky.

But God bless him with strength and bless his family too.

2 Minute Warning
09-29-2008, 01:36 PM
Oh no, how tragic. My heart goes out to him and his family.

ebsoria
09-29-2008, 01:49 PM
That is sad. I'd like to think that he had nothing to do with it and did not bring this upon himself. Either way, regaqrdless of this act of violence I wish the best to him and his family.

muse
09-29-2008, 03:25 PM
From what I heard, there was nothing to suggest Collier provoked anything. It's such a sad story, especially considering that the guy had staked his claim on the roster spot from being an undrafted rookie.

And it's horrific that he's going to be paralysed too...I hope he can take things in his stride.

beastlymarsh15
09-29-2008, 03:31 PM
he is the 3rd shot player in 18 months from the NFL...tragic and horrible...RIP Darrent Williams and Sean Taylor

BroncoFan1812
09-29-2008, 03:49 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to this young man and his family. God Bless them and give them strength in this time.

sbutk
09-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Here's a slightly different article on the subject:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AnDRzUY8wqgMpJP1KIQzYSEazJV4?slug=ap-jaguars-collier&prov=ap&type=lgns

Unfortunately this really hits home, after what Broncos fans (and Redskins fans) have been through in the past couple years.

RIP, Richard Collier, and may the recognizance of your immeasurable sacrifice be a step in the right direction that somehow, someway human beings will someday wake up to reality and finally see how their foolish behavior and reckless disregard for each other can have such ruinous effects on the innocent lives of others.

STOP ALREADY!!!

:sad:

beastlymarsh15
09-29-2008, 06:16 PM
Here's a slightly different article on the subject:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AnDRzUY8wqgMpJP1KIQzYSEazJV4?slug=ap-jaguars-collier&prov=ap&type=lgns

Unfortunately this really hits home, after what Broncos fans (and Redskins fans) have been through in the past couple years.

RIP, Richard Collier, and may the recognizance of your immeasurable sacrifice be a step in the right direction that somehow, someway human beings will someday wake up to reality and finally see how their foolish behavior and reckless disregard for each other can have such ruinous effects on the innocent lives of others.

STOP ALREADY!!!

:sad:

he's not dead man...you dont need to put RIP, Richard Collier...somebody was watching out for him

troylightfoot
09-29-2008, 07:26 PM
he's not dead man...you dont need to put RIP, Richard Collier...somebody was watching out for him

watching out him for him? he's paralyzed for the rest of his life. if someone was looking out for him it never would have happened.

anyway, this really sucks.

I_Only_Like_Jay
09-29-2008, 07:44 PM
watching out him for him? he's paralyzed for the rest of his life. if someone was looking out for him it never would have happened.

anyway, this really sucks.

Paralyzed or not, the man is ALIVE! That is a lot more than Darrent has. It's a lot more than Sean Taylor has. He still gets to breathe and laugh and LIVE.

If he wouldn't have gone, he'd be fine. Or would he? He's got a rough road ahead of him, but he's still alive.

jdubv724
09-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Man he was shot 14 times and he is still alive:eek: Lucky guy. It sucks, I heard he didn't do anything, no fight no nothing. He was just sitting in his car and someone starts firing shots. At least he survived but man that is crazy.

eaglebronco
09-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Such a shame. For him and the NFL.

sbutk
09-29-2008, 09:33 PM

Y'know, it suddenly just dawned on me just 2 minutes ago that I had made such an egregious faux pas, and I came back as soon as I could to correct it (hoping, albeit to no avail, that no one else had read my embarrassing goof yet).

Anyway, duh. Major mental lapse on my part. Sorry to everyone, and sorry to Mr. Collier.

But the truth is, while I probably shouldn't have included those 3 letters that have become synonymous with expressing condolences for the departed, some other posters have already hit on the fact that, while not 'dead', there can be no denying that this guy's life has been nothing short of ruined. Every dream, every aspiration that he ever had... ruined.

Therefore the rest of my post was spot on, and a desire for him to Rest In Peace (albeit still here on Earth) really wasn't that far off the mark, afterall.

GridironChamp
09-30-2008, 12:15 PM
That is sad. I'd like to think that he had nothing to do with it and did not bring this upon himself. Either way, regaqrdless of this act of violence I wish the best to him and his family.

From what I've heard from people that knew Collier, and the owner of the club
he was outside of, Collier did nothing to provoke it. The club owner said he'd
been in a few times and never had any problems with anyone and didnt have
any problems that night.

It could be one of those cases where someone just recognized him, somehow,
and did what he did.