PDA

View Full Version : Kiffin fired

Cutler623
09-30-2008, 10:13 AM
I actually feel sorry for the guy, I hated him cause he was the coach of the Raiders, but I kind of liked him at the same time, like I did with Jon Gruden. We should hire Kiffin and than he and Shannahan could kick the Raider's ass together lol(Just a thought). It is funny Kiffin was the head coach in Oakland the exact same amount of time Shanny was.

GO BRONCOS:salute:

mx_stiles13
09-30-2008, 10:15 AM
What would we hire him as?

Southstander
09-30-2008, 10:15 AM
I wonder who the next Raider coach to be hired then quickly fired will be?:confused:

Cutler623
09-30-2008, 10:17 AM
I dont know hire him as an assistant coach for offense like we did with Heimerdinger.

Southstander
09-30-2008, 10:17 AM
Nothing is offical yet.

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/adam-schefter/

Cutler623
09-30-2008, 10:19 AM
True, but I dont have trouble believing it.

mx_stiles13
09-30-2008, 10:19 AM
I dont know hire him as an assistant coach for offense like we did with Heimerdinger.

Isn't that Bates' position?

Acidburn05
09-30-2008, 10:20 AM
What would we hire him as?

Easy answer Defencive coordinator. He will be spunk and agressiveness to a mediocre D

Cutler623
09-30-2008, 10:22 AM
No Bates is just "QB" coach even though he calls the plays that is his title. And Kiffin is an O guy so he would not coach D.

Raiderfan76
09-30-2008, 10:25 AM
Great job Al :fight:

muse
09-30-2008, 10:28 AM
I think Kiffin's first interview after this is going to go something along the lines of:

WOOOOOOOOOO! I'm FREE! I'M FINALLY FREE!!!!

Followed by spraying champagne at the reporters and running around the street in a state of undress (doing cartwheels).

LordTrychon
09-30-2008, 10:30 AM
I heard this on the radio.

It was pretty funny... radio announcer... "Lane Kiffin was fired by Al Davis over the phone. Stay classy. The Raiders will not honor the rest of the contract. Stay classy."

:laugh:

He kept going though...

Acidburn05
09-30-2008, 10:30 AM
No Bates is just "QB" coach even though he calls the plays that is his title. And Kiffin is an O guy so he would not coach D.

Well his going to be a college coach anyways. But i think many coaches switch from one possition to another in order to keep a job.

Cutler623
09-30-2008, 10:47 AM
In reality I expect him to go back too college as well.

Mount-n-Groan
09-30-2008, 10:56 AM
Kiffin's more of an offensive mind. He does have some experience coaching DB's, but that's it on that side of the ball I think. If he had a defense-oriented resume I'd say 'bring him in', but I don't know. He does have some Colorado ties so I guess it wouldn't be completely out of the ordinary.

Mount-n-Groan
09-30-2008, 11:13 AM
I don't know what happened to your post, Fins4life, but I agree with you. This isn't so much about the system - it's about not having the players, but right now, I'd take any help that anyone can give us, and that would include coaches. I still don't see it happening though.

Fins4Life
09-30-2008, 11:29 AM
I don't know what happened to your post, Fins4life, but I agree with you. This isn't so much about the system - it's about not having the players, but right now, I'd take any help that anyone can give us, and that would include coaches. I still don't see it happening though.

I thought I quoted the wrong post so I deleted it. I think you guys need to bring in a DC and give him a chance to build what he wants with his types of players. I dont discount the importance but at some point you have to hold the players accountable.

I can remember last year the media tryed to blame our scheme and the coach. The players ended up saying how do we know if its the coach when we never execute it correctly. I thought that was pretty classy of them to hold themselves accountable.

SnaPs27
09-30-2008, 12:48 PM
I had a feeling since last season that Kiffin and the Raiders were not a good fit... I just couldn't despise Kiffin for some reason. Maybe it was the "Shanahan" in him. While I highly doubt it would ever happen, it would be pretty funny to have both Shanahan and Kiffin paired up.

LbloodOjunkieG
09-30-2008, 01:17 PM
Al Davis is fricken nuts. For the sake of Raider fans, Al cannot die fast enough.

newbetterbucs05
09-30-2008, 03:42 PM
I feel bad and good for Lane. I feel good for him because at least he doesn't have to deal with Al anymore, but I feel bad because he lost his job when he shouldn't have. Al Davis is a disgrace.

Raiderfan76
09-30-2008, 04:45 PM
After hearing AL Davis speak I have changed my mind.
Screw Lane and his next college gig........
HAHA Bobby Petrino beat you to it.........

And I was wondering about that 75 yard fg attempt, sticking to the big man :coffee:

omahaBroncoFan
09-30-2008, 05:11 PM
When you consider all the turmoil the Raiders were going through before Kiffin, and during Kiffin's tenure. It says a lot that the players still wanted to play for him. They wanted him to be the guy still. I'd be happy if he joined our coaching squad.

HuskerBronco7
09-30-2008, 06:35 PM
Best quote I've heard from Al Davis in a long time.

Talking about the firing of Kiffen:

"I couldn't stand the lies that had been going on for days...for weeks..for months...for years...for time." :laugh::laugh::laugh:

lol he seriously said that in his press conference.:D

SnaPs27
09-30-2008, 06:54 PM
Out of curiousity, was it this ugly when Shanahan was fired? It sounds like Davis and Kiffin HATE each other!

Hardcore Bronco Babe
10-01-2008, 06:56 PM
I feel bad for him in a way but anybody that would take a job from Al Davis in this day and age would have to be either desperate or crazy. I just hope that Kiffin finds another job somewhere. He has a baby due to arrive fairly soon.