PDA

View Full Version : Why would anyone take the H.C. job in JOakland?

blue diamond
09-30-2008, 07:06 PM
Hello!!!!

Mike Shanahan never got paid.

Davis fires Art Shell after a winning season!!!

Now Lane Kiffin gets the inevitable axe that we all saw the day he took the job. As soon as he was hired the clock was ticking...

Moving forward...

Why in the hell would anyone subject themselves to that absolute JOKE of an (and I use the term very loosely) organization.

Al Davis needs to stay there, and keep it going for all I care. LMAO at Lane Kiffin being embarassed for being associated with the Raiders.

I hope Al Davis finds the fountain of youth, drinks from the holy grail, or has his head cryogenically frozen and attached to a robot body so long it keeps that senile kook running that absolute fraud of pro football team!

Peerless
09-30-2008, 07:07 PM
Money.....

Bronco-24
09-30-2008, 07:18 PM
Money.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Your posts are always short, sweet, and to the point.:salute:

jhildebrand
09-30-2008, 07:18 PM
I can think of between 3 and 4 million reasons per year: CASH.

hardcorebronco
09-30-2008, 07:41 PM
Hire me Davis! I couldn't do any worse, and I could use the cash. ;)

CanDB
09-30-2008, 07:48 PM
Some will point out that he knew what he was getting into, but that's really unfair, because he was a young and talented coach who should have made a positive mark in the Raider's future. But to be undermined and disrespected must be so deflating, and borders on being "abused". I really do feel for this guy. And it's a shame that Oakland continues to squander talent and opportunity the way it has for so long now.

And if there was any room in our organization, I'd love to have Kiffin join us, not that he'd be interested. But surely Shanny must know that there can't be 2 other people in football that have such a common bond.

CanDB
09-30-2008, 07:55 PM
As long as the Raiders are managed by the same people, well..... call it the same person, we will only have 2 teams to ever worry about in the West.

ojcrush
10-01-2008, 05:36 PM
I think all the decisions being made by Al are fantastic, especially the Hall deal. keep up the good work! Hey AL give head coaching a shot, @ least until the raiders win the superbowl.

Snapping Turtle
10-01-2008, 05:41 PM
I totally would.

Hardcore Bronco Babe
10-01-2008, 06:52 PM
Beats me other than the lure of money.

Southstander
10-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Ignorance and Irrogance.

Bronco_Armada
10-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Money.....

That is why I would do it. :D

Jared
10-02-2008, 02:19 PM
I have never coached anything.

Ever.

But I just sent my resume in

Seriously.

I'm curious to see if I get ignored (which I should be), a letter of rejection (also acceptable), or one of those form letters that says they will keep my resume on file for (insert time here). Cause if I get one of those, I will die laughing. That will say so much about the FO of the Raiders......

I'll post it of course, if that actually happens