PDA

View Full Version : MMA Thread.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Southstander
10-04-2008, 09:28 PM
For the first time since the 1990's I tuned in to see and MMA fight. I wanted to see how Kimbo would do against Shamrock. After I found out that Shamrock was scratched I thought that the guy they found to replace him would get rocked. Boy was I wrong!! Kimbo got his butt handeled to him on a silver platter in 14 seconds. You could tell the exact moment he got his lights dimmed.:rockon:

I think Kimbo has been exposed. After this he wont be able to get a game of jacks.

Fins4Life
10-04-2008, 09:36 PM
For the first time since the 1990's I tuned in to see and MMA fight. I wanted to see how Kimbo would do against Shamrock. After I found out that Shamrock was scratched I thought that the guy they found to replace him would get rocked. Boy was I wrong!! Kimbo got his butt handeled to him on a silver platter in 14 seconds. You could tell the exact moment he got his lights dimmed.:rockon:

I think Kimbo has been exposed. After this he wont be able to get a game of jacks.

Who beat him?

Southstander
10-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Seth Petruzelli
http://www.brawler.tv/images/seth_petruzelli.jpg

y2cragie
10-05-2008, 05:22 AM
Is anyone honestly surprised?
I think Shamrock would have done the same thing.
Kimbo's been given a bunch of scrubs with no real martial arts experience, just a bunch of no name brawlers like Kimbo. Put him up against someone with a proper MMA background, and martial arts experience and he didn't stand a chance.
His reaction afterwards was poor as well, to go after the ref? He's just lucky it wasn't Big John Mcarthey, otherwise we'd never hear of Kimbo again LOL.
Hopefully this will be the last we have to hear of this guy anyway. If not put him in the octogon with a huge hitter like Congo, Lesnar, Couture and put him away for good.

Chris Wade
10-05-2008, 06:07 AM
I always told the girls it's skill not muscles .

Nightwing
10-05-2008, 08:54 AM
Kimbo got beat by an extremely mediocre light heavyweight that couldn't cut it in the UFC...

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

This is too good to be true. EliteXC just saw their cash cow get exposed on TV.

But guys, really, Shamrock getting injured was the worst thing that could have happened to Kimbo. Ken Shamrock's age has caught up to him, in a way that Randy Couture's hasn't, and his chin has become weaker with the years. One punch and he would have taken a dive. And this is from a pretty big Shamrock fan, well, a Frank Shamrock fan at least.

On the bright side, Andrei Arlovsky looked great, punches were crisp and clean, looks like he'll get a shot at Fedor next.

CutlerEra06
10-06-2008, 10:30 PM
well im glad to see some of you(nightwing) know your mma.

FOR THE FIRST TIME WATCHERS:

The CBS fights that were on do not give mma the justice it deserves. Its much more than a brawling street thug fight, its has so much skill and technical mechanics that go into it. The UFC is what will show you what mma is all about. Their fighters are some of the best conditioned athletes in the world and maybe 1-3 guys from Elite xc CBS could actually do decent in the UFC. Comparing the two is like NFL football to Canadian football league. Sure they know what they are doing, but the level of skill is on a whole different level. That being said, I hope you enjoyed the fights and just please remember that mma is not about knocking some guys head off. I hate that CBS is putting on a card to show new watchers and skeptics what mma is. Watch a UFC payperview if you were completely turned off by the CBS fights and it will show you what a true mma is all about.

but still a great card, I enjoy anything mma and it being free was just amazing.

baphamet
10-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Is anyone honestly surprised?
I think Shamrock would have done the same thing.
Kimbo's been given a bunch of scrubs with no real martial arts experience, just a bunch of no name brawlers like Kimbo. Put him up against someone with a proper MMA background, and martial arts experience and he didn't stand a chance.
His reaction afterwards was poor as well, to go after the ref? He's just lucky it wasn't Big John Mcarthey, otherwise we'd never hear of Kimbo again LOL.
Hopefully this will be the last we have to hear of this guy anyway. If not put him in the octogon with a huge hitter like Congo, Lesnar, Couture and put him away for good.

agreed, put him in there against Houston Alexander, thats the only way the fight will be entertaining. :smug:

it would only be a under card though, can see it on ufc in demand.

baphamet
10-07-2008, 09:05 PM

watch UFC 89 for free on spike if you want to see top level MMA http://89.ufc.com/

if you seriously havent watched since the 90's then it has to be a huge shock to watch it now.

its actually a legitimate sport now where back then it more more of a spectacle.

Southstander
10-07-2008, 09:12 PM
watch UFC 89 for free on spike if you want to see top level MMA http://89.ufc.com/

if you seriously havent watched since the 90's then it has to be a huge shock to watch it now.

its actually a legitimate sport now where back then it more more of a spectacle.

I think the last one was UFC 8. Way back when there was only three rules No eye gouging, No Fish hooking, and I can't remember the other one.

CutlerEra06
10-07-2008, 11:47 PM
for those of you whom are interested in these match ups, pick the winners:

Brock lesnar vs Randy Couture

Joe Stevenson vs Kenny Florian

Chris Leben vs Micheal Bisping

Anderson silva vs Patrick cote

Thiago Alves vs Diego Sanchez

Urija Faber vs Mike Brown

Robbie lawler vs Joey Villasenor

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs Frank Mir

forrest Griffin vs Rashad evans

Quinten "rampage" jackson vs Wanderlei Silva

Rich Franklin vs Dan Henderson @ 205

Mauricio "shogun" Rua vs Marc Coleman

George St. Pierre vs Bj penn

Lyoto Machida vs Thiago Silva

my winners: Randy, Florian, Leben, Anderson Silva, Alves, Faber, Lawler, Nogueira, Griffin, Wanderlei Silva, Henderson, Shogun, BJ and Thiago Silva

y2cragie
10-08-2008, 01:30 AM
I'd only disagree with you on two picks.
I think Lesnar will hand it to Randy, I think with all the greatest respect in the world to Couture, he's getting older, slower, his time out of the octagon isnt going to help, and I think Lesnar has developed enough to take advantage of it.

Also, I can't see B.J. Penn beating GSP. St. Pierre is light years ahead of anyone else in that division right now. I think it'll be a long fight to a decision and could be fight of the night, but i'd give the nod right now to GSP.

baphamet
10-08-2008, 09:08 AM
I think the last one was UFC 8. Way back when there was only three rules No eye gouging, No Fish hooking, and I can't remember the other one.

no biting :D

CutlerEra06
10-08-2008, 10:36 AM
I'd only disagree with you on two picks.
I think Lesnar will hand it to Randy, I think with all the greatest respect in the world to Couture, he's getting older, slower, his time out of the octagon isnt going to help, and I think Lesnar has developed enough to take advantage of it.

Also, I can't see B.J. Penn beating GSP. St. Pierre is light years ahead of anyone else in that division right now. I think it'll be a long fight to a decision and could be fight of the night, but i'd give the nod right now to GSP.

well for that big of a list, and to only disagree with 2 is actually pretty crazy! MMA is so diverse, and often the huge favorite gets upset/beat just when everyone thinks he is unstoppable. Anyways, regarding the lesnar couture fight, its the worst possible match up for Randy. Randy does not do so well against bigger and stronger wrestlers, see the mike van arsdale fight. He does not do bad against them, he just struggles, although he won that fight anyways. The whole octagon main event thing is new to brock. Just like being at a new job you might not know how to handle certain things on the fly, but its just another day at the office for Randy. Hes so composed and is so experienced Its hard to bet against him. Do I see lesnar bullrushing Randy and totally dominating him? yeah I can, but ill take the cool and relaxed veteran over the green brock right now. Randy might have slowed, but hes still legit. The way he dominated Tim-slothlike-sylvia was amazing. He out stuck him all fight and showed he still has it. I just cant pick against Randy, not to mention he is one of the best gameplanners in the business next to marc delagrate(sp) and greg jackson.

As for bj vs GSP....Yeah GSP is dominant right now, very dominant, but bj has better stand up, better chin and a better jitz game. After their first fight, bj said "He spent the night in the hospital, I spent the night at a party" which was very true. Its kinda like pick your poison for GSP. Stand with bj when bj has better hands and chin, or take him down gsp style and risk being in the guard of bj. This will definitely be the hardest fight for both of them, but if bj has the cardio, I think he'll get it by submission in the 3rd or 4th round. Lets just hope for some great fights!

GridironChamp
10-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Kimbo lost a fight via an unlucky/lucky (depends on your stance) punch. It wasnt
even a hard punch, it just hit him int he right spot at the right time, at the
right angle, ect....

He was never really hurt, but the way he tried to keep fighting the ref he wasnt
all there in the head. I think he'll be back because he can/does make more money
in 1 UFC fight than all his street fights. He has lost a fight before, so I dont
think that will effect him. Sure, he will never be very good, he will be like a
better trained version of Tank Abbot... but who didnt like him?

GridironChamp
10-08-2008, 11:26 AM
Brock lesnar vs Randy Couture - Randy

Joe Stevenson vs Kenny Florian - Kenny, with his run n hide from Huerta gameplan.

Chris Leben vs Micheal Bisping - Bisping

Anderson silva vs Patrick cote - Sliva

Thiago Alves vs Diego Sanchez - Diego if he ever gets back to pre-staff infection form.

Urija Faber vs Mike Brown - Is this fair fight? Faber.

Robbie lawler vs Joey Villasenor - Lawler

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs Frank Mir - Nogueira

forrest Griffin vs Rashad evans - Rashad

Quinten "rampage" jackson vs Wanderlei Silva - Rampage if his bipolar condition is under control

Rich Franklin vs Dan Henderson @ 205 - Franklin

Mauricio "shogun" Rua vs Marc Coleman - Cole in the prime > all, but Shogun now

George St. Pierre vs Bj penn - GSP

Lyoto Machida vs Thiago Silva - Silva because I cant pick that ****** Machida... I hate him so much.

CutlerEra06
10-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Brock lesnar vs Randy Couture - Randy

Joe Stevenson vs Kenny Florian - Kenny, with his run n hide from Huerta gameplan.

Chris Leben vs Micheal Bisping - Bisping

Anderson silva vs Patrick cote - Sliva

Thiago Alves vs Diego Sanchez - Diego if he ever gets back to pre-staff infection form.

Urija Faber vs Mike Brown - Is this fair fight? Faber.

Robbie lawler vs Joey Villasenor - Lawler

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs Frank Mir - Nogueira

forrest Griffin vs Rashad evans - Rashad

Quinten "rampage" jackson vs Wanderlei Silva - Rampage if his bipolar condition is under control

Rich Franklin vs Dan Henderson @ 205 - Franklin

Mauricio "shogun" Rua vs Marc Coleman - Cole in the prime > all, but Shogun now

George St. Pierre vs Bj penn - GSP

Lyoto Machida vs Thiago Silva - Silva because I cant pick that ****** Machida... I hate him so much.

kenny played a smart game plan IMO and did alot more than machida does in his fights. I also think thiago is bad match up for diego, but its a pickem fight. Brown is ranked 6th in the world while faber is 1, but should still be an execution. Rashad over forrest? lol ill be taking forrest in that fight all day. Page over Wandy? it'll end up just like their 1st 2 fights;).....And hendo fights soo much better when he does not have to starve his body of nutrients, at 205, hendo will be a beat and most likely tko franklin IMO. I do agree with coleman in his prime, but shogun has not been impressive lately so that also IMO is a pick em fight. BJ PENN!!!!!!.........And yes, i hate lyoto too, WAR THIAGO SILVA

ebsoria
10-08-2008, 12:15 PM
That St. Pierre/Penn fight is gonna get put together... but the dream fight Id love to see, even though they are fighting for different groups is Faber vs. Penn. Right now.... unite the two belts.... it would be big.

Nightwing
10-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Brock lLesnar vs Randy Couture - Randy Couture by unanimous decision. Mir's win over Lesnar wasn't luck or a fluke, Lesnar lacks experience, and Randy is a master at coming up with a strategy for opponents. Lesnar dominate Heath Herring, who couldn't see for most of the fight, but lacked the experience to really know how to finish. He won't be able to treat Couture the same way.

Joe Stevenson vs Kenny Florian - Florian by whatever he wants. Stevenson is good, don't get me wrong, but I don't think there's anything that he does that Kenny doesn't do better. I think a lot of people really underrate Florian's ground game, he's a BJJ black belt, but more than that he's won pretty prestigious competitions. His muay thai is also very much improved so I think he has an edge wherever it goes.

Chris Leben vs Micheal Bisping - Bisping by unanimous decision. Leben has a puncher's chance, he always does, but Bisping is the more skilled and well rounded fighter. He might not have tons of power but his hand speed is way way faster than Leben's. He'll land more strikes more often and that'll lead to a decision in his favor.

Anderson Silva vs Patrick Cote - Patrick Cote. That's right, I'm going with the huge upset. Every one has off nights, and while there's no doubt Silva is the better fighter, I think he ends up losing. There's a few things going for Cote. He's very heavy handed and he's training with Silva's former trainer. I think he'll come in with a game plan and Anderson will have an off night.

Thiago Alves vs Diego Sanchez - Diego Sanchez via lay and pray. Thiago Alves isn't indestrictible, Jon Fitch showed that, and Sanchez has good enough wrestling that he can take Thiago down and lay his way to a decision.

Urija Faber vs Mike Brown - Urijah Faber. I think this match is a lot closer than people think but Faber is still going to take it. Not sure if it'll be GnP stoppage or if it'll go to decision.

Robbie Lawler vs Joey Villasenor - Lawler by third round knockout. Robbie Lawler has really changed his style from his UFC days. He's much more patient and less reckless now. Villasenor has a good chance of winning, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be surprised if he did, but I think Lawler lets his hands go in the third round and ends up with a knock out.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs Frank Mir - Frank Mir. I can't really justify this pick other than saying that Mir is my favorite fighter and he's training with a real camp now. His cardio will be improved for this fight, mark my words.

Forrest Griffin vs Rashad Evans - Forrest Griffin via unanimous decision. A lot of people are on the Evans bandwagon now but coiunt me out. Chuck Liddell hasn't been the same since Rampage beat him and I don't think a win over him is as impressive as others might. Forrest will execute his game plan and be able to win a decision. Evans may want to trade punches but Forrest will cut him down with kicks.

Quinten "Rampage" Jackson vs Wanderlei Silva - Wanderlei Silva via repeated knees to the face. Yes, Rampage has improved as a fighter since their last bout, but nothing leaves me to believe he can handle Silva any better than he did the first two times. His clinch work still isn't great and the Axe Murderer is going to destroy him with some vicious muay thai. Some people just have other people's numbers. That's the case with Wanderlei and Rampage.

Rich Franklin vs Dan Henderson @ 205 - Rich Franklin via third round TKO. It's a pretty tough fight to call especially since neither will have to make a hard cut, they should have tons of energy. Hendo is by far the better wrestler but Franklin has proven he's no slouch on the ground. I think this fight stays standing. Hendo has more power but Franklin is the better technical striker.

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs Marc Coleman - Shogun via KO. Coleman is a game opponent, but it's tough to tell how game at his age, especially when I haven't seen him fight recently. The Rua that lost to Forrest was pretty injured going into the fight, we'll see a different fighter this time, and I except him to unleash some good muay thai strikes. Coleman can take him down but Shogun has good BJJ too.

George St. Pierre vs BJ Penn - George St. Pierre. Anyone that thinks this version of GSP is the same one that fought BJ Penn last time is mistake. His boxing has definitely improved since their last fight, he'll be able to use his reach to his advantage this time, and throw some kicks in. If it goes to the ground, sure BJ has sick jits, but GSP has some nasty ground and pound. GSP is going to be the one dictating where the fight goes and if BJ were a natural WW it might have a different outcome this time, but that's not the case.

Lyoto Machida vs Thiago Silva - Lyoto by decision. I've learned not to pick against Machida, people might think he's boring, but the guy is just so technical. I don't see how he loses this fight.

GridironChamp
10-08-2008, 12:29 PM
kenny played a smart game plan IMO and did alot more than machida does in his fights. I also think thiago is bad match up for diego, but its a pickem fight. Brown is ranked 6th in the world while faber is 1, but should still be an execution. Rashad over forrest? lol ill be taking forrest in that fight all day. Page over Wandy? it'll end up just like their 1st 2 fights;).....And hendo fights soo much better when he does not have to starve his body of nutrients, at 205, hendo will be a beat and most likely tko franklin IMO. I do agree with coleman in his prime, but shogun has not been impressive lately so that also IMO is a pick em fight. BJ PENN!!!!!!.........And yes, i hate lyoto too, WAR THIAGO SILVA

He did play smart, but it was a joke. It was literally a run away gameplan for
80% of the fight. He did enough to get a decision, but every time Huerta was
getting his "beast" attitude Kenny just ran away for a minute.

I think a healthy and ready Diego is a bad matchup for anyone in that weight
class, but he hasnt looked the same since the Kos fight.

I've been on the Evans bandwagon since Ultimate Fighter 2, and he looks better
than Griffin IMHO.

Rampage looks alot better in the UFC than Wandy does, ALOT better. I'd be
surprised if Rampage shows up ready (in the head and physically) Ito see him
loose a fight to Wandy.

CutlerEra06
10-08-2008, 12:39 PM
you guys should check out mmaweekly.com ...best mma forum around

baphamet
10-10-2008, 04:30 PM
i just realized something......Southstander, you watch pro-wrestling but not MMA? bro...time to leave that redneck **** alone and watch an actual sport that features real wrestling.

it may not be as exiting or dramatic as that redneck soap opera but it is real, and it is a sport.....unlike pro-wrestling. :smug:

sorry, i just cant stand pro-wrestling, had to throw a little smack in there. :rockon:

Nightwing
10-11-2008, 10:28 AM
I noticed there's a few MMA fans here, so I was wondering, would any of you guys wanna play a fantasy MMA game on the message board?

Basically, everyone who agreed to play would have their own camp. We'd set a specific number of rounds and draft fighters, doesn't matter what organization they're from. Then say, every time your fighter gets a victory, that earns you X amount of points. Bonus points added if they win or defend a belt, if they get Fight of the Night, Submission of the Night, or Knockout of the Night. Stuff like that. I just thought I'd throw it out there see what you guys thought.

CutlerEra06
10-11-2008, 01:31 PM
I would be interested in mma fantasy, I just wonder if we could get enough people to join. I dont know how to do all the design stuff, but if you get it going, im in!

btw, lmao where did you get that gif of jean claud van dam?

Nightwing
10-11-2008, 02:28 PM
I would be interested in mma fantasy, I just wonder if we could get enough people to join. I dont know how to do all the design stuff, but if you get it going, im in!

btw, lmao where did you get that gif of jean claud van dam?

I think getting enough people to join is going to be the tricky part, but setting up how many points awarded, how the draft goes down, ect, shouldn't be too hard.

I got it from a GIF thread on another message board, it never ceases to amuse me.

baphamet
10-11-2008, 03:05 PM
I noticed there's a few MMA fans here, so I was wondering, would any of you guys wanna play a fantasy MMA game on the message board?

Basically, everyone who agreed to play would have their own camp. We'd set a specific number of rounds and draft fighters, doesn't matter what organization they're from. Then say, every time your fighter gets a victory, that earns you X amount of points. Bonus points added if they win or defend a belt, if they get Fight of the Night, Submission of the Night, or Knockout of the Night. Stuff like that. I just thought I'd throw it out there see what you guys thought.

defintly interested in that, figure out the details and let me know. :)

ebsoria
10-13-2008, 03:23 PM
i just realized something......Southstander, you watch pro-wrestling but not MMA? bro...time to leave that redneck **** alone and watch an actual sport that features real wrestling.

it may not be as exiting or dramatic as that redneck soap opera but it is real, and it is a sport.....unlike pro-wrestling. :smug:

sorry, i just cant stand pro-wrestling, had to throw a little smack in there. :rockon:

Dude... it's not "fake", it's "staged". There is a difference. :P

ebsoria
10-13-2008, 03:24 PM

Figure out the details and let me know too, I'd be interested... course... I get dibs on Carrano!!! :eek:

Nightwing
10-13-2008, 05:21 PM
All right, guys. I'm going to get all the details figured out some time tonight and then post a thread in the fantasy section. From there we can figure out what to keep, what to tweak, what to add, ect.

GridironChamp
10-19-2008, 08:58 AM
God Vera is a joke at 205... He has looked so bad in both of his fights there.

CutlerEra06
10-19-2008, 11:22 PM
God Vera is a joke at 205... He has looked so bad in both of his fights there.

yeah...he looked pathetic. Go back to hw, he actually fights at that weight...Bisping fought "not to lose" and irritated the piss out of me. Soko Had promise, but he is just not convincing enough to make me think he can be a contender at 205, good job cain. Davis,taylor,lytle and laudlin are freaking warriors, without those guys on the card, ufc 89 would have been a bust.
88 was not much better...All these top dogs are fighting "not to lose" instead of trying to finish a fight and the lower tier guys are busting their balls to put it all on the line...I hope this does not become a trend or it'll start looking like boxing..(not trying to rag on boxing)

GridironChamp
10-20-2008, 08:48 PM
I cant stand these **** that fight not to loose... Bisbing and Florian are the best
recent examples. Unfortunatly it works though.. that is until they fight someone
really good or fight the same person again.

baphamet
10-21-2008, 07:03 AM
I cant stand these **** that fight not to loose... Bisbing and Florian are the best
recent examples. Unfortunatly it works though.. that is until they fight someone
really good or fight the same person again.

oh i disagree about bisping, that was a very smart strategy, he just couldn't put him away. i would have fought leben the same way, everyone knows how aggressive he is, that was very smart of bisping imo.

fighting not to lose is annoying though, tim sylvia is a good example of that. i still think bisping was aggressive, he was just technical and waited for leben to go on the offensive which was 100% certain.

i was more annoyed with the way vera fought....what the hell happened to that guy, he used to be awesome, now he just looks lost out there.

GridironChamp
10-21-2008, 12:04 PM
oh i disagree about bisping, that was a very smart strategy, he just couldn't put him away. i would have fought leben the same way, everyone knows how aggressive he is, that was very smart of bisping imo.

fighting not to lose is annoying though, tim sylvia is a good example of that. i still think bisping was aggressive, he was just technical and waited for leben to go on the offensive which was 100% certain.

i was more annoyed with the way vera fought....what the hell happened to that guy, he used to be awesome, now he just looks lost out there.

Really?

Leban put his hands down (3 or 4 times in the fight) and stood right in front
of Bisping daring him to hit him.. Bisping jabbed and circled. That is the ultimate
sign of being passive in a fight.

Did you hear his lil interview with Rogan afterwards? Bisping said "My plan was
to win a decision" <- That makes me hate him more than I already do for being
apart of the EPIC screw over of Matt Hammil in England a ways back.

Nightwing
10-21-2008, 06:40 PM
I don't think it's really fair to say Florian fights not to lose. The one match with Roger Huerta isn't a good example of what he's been doing recently. He executed a good game plan and used Huerta's reckless style against him. But before that Florian had finished at least three opponents in a row, with one more unable to continue due to injury. I know you're probably referring to just that single fight with Huerta, but Florian is a gamer, he always tries to put on an exciting fight and guarantee a win.

CutlerEra06
10-21-2008, 08:56 PM
Really?

Leban put his hands down (3 or 4 times in the fight) and stood right in front
of Bisping daring him to hit him.. Bisping jabbed and circled. That is the ultimate
sign of being passive in a fight.

Did you hear his lil interview with Rogan afterwards? Bisping said "My plan was
to win a decision" <- That makes me hate him more than I already do for being
apart of the EPIC screw over of Matt Hammil in England a ways back.

totally agree, i hate bisping. And his in prefight interview, he said im going to finish him in the 2nd round....I sure hope the guy I fight next puts his hands down and lets me get a free swing on him cause he'll be put to the ground. Bisping was a scared running fool.

CutlerEra06
10-21-2008, 08:58 PM
I don't think it's really fair to say Florian fights not to lose. The one match with Roger Huerta isn't a good example of what he's been doing recently. He executed a good game plan and used Huerta's reckless style against him. But before that Florian had finished at least three opponents in a row, with one more unable to continue due to injury. I know you're probably referring to just that single fight with Huerta, but Florian is a gamer, he always tries to put on an exciting fight and guarantee a win.

totally agree also.Florian is an amazing fighter and even though it looked like he might have been running, be still engaged and gave robert plenty of opportunities to get the better of him. Kenny is a finisher, while bisping has only finished the scrub josh hanes and...I think thats it!, i cant remember if he finished elvis senosic....Anways, the ufc needs more fighters like florian.

GridironChamp
10-22-2008, 12:55 PM

Yeah I was referring just to the Huerta fight. I liked Florian cuz he was fun to
watch and good.. but when someone does that it really irks me. :smug:

Nightwing
10-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Patrick Cote is about to shock the world.

Nightwing
10-25-2008, 09:39 PM
I feel horrible for Patrick Cote. He takes Anderson Silva into the third round, which no one else in the UFC has done, doesn't take any significant damage as far as strikes go, and then he blows his knee out. It's a feeling that's fifty times worse than being KOed. The fight was still wide open at that point, and the fans at the show that were booing really piss me off. Cote gave it his all, the injury was a freak occurance, if he could have continued, he would have.

jcdavey
10-25-2008, 10:52 PM
i feel especially bad for cote having met the guy up here in quebec

the place i work for sponsors him (MMA Fight Shop)

proud of how he took silva to the 3rd, but i feel real bad about the way it ended, i know silva was winning the fight, he had landed better shots, but damn, cote was taking it all no problem, that's probably the toughest chin silva's faced in a long time

jcdavey
10-25-2008, 10:52 PM
oh and also, holy crap , josh koshchek was amazing in his loss, i still can't believe alves couldn't knock him out

baphamet
10-26-2008, 07:42 AM
I feel horrible for Patrick Cote. He takes Anderson Silva into the third round, which no one else in the UFC has done, doesn't take any significant damage as far as strikes go, and then he blows his knee out. It's a feeling that's fifty times worse than being KOed. The fight was still wide open at that point, and the fans at the show that were booing really piss me off. Cote gave it his all, the injury was a freak occurance, if he could have continued, he would have.

question....is it only "fighting not to lose" when it is bisping? that was a great gameplan by cote and it was working, pretty much the same gameplan bisping had against leban, seems like a double standard to me.

baphamet
10-26-2008, 07:45 AM
i feel especially bad for cote having met the guy up here in quebec

the place i work for sponsors him (MMA Fight Shop)

proud of how he took silva to the 3rd, but i feel real bad about the way it ended, i know silva was winning the fight, he had landed better shots, but damn, cote was taking it all no problem, that's probably the toughest chin silva's faced in a long time

yeah i agree, that is not the way you want a fight to end, hopefully he gets another shot at the title.

that said, i think cote exposed a decent gameplan for fighting silva, at least as far as striking goes. make silva be the aggressor.....or as some other people call it "fight not to lose" lol ;)

Nightwing
10-26-2008, 09:25 AM
question....is it only "fighting not to lose" when it is bisping? that was a great gameplan by cote and it was working, pretty much the same gameplan bisping had against leban, seems like a double standard to me.

I don't have a problem with the way that Bisping fought Lebien, Cote fought Silva, or Lyoto Machida fights. When you get down to it, I love watching the technical aspect of any style, I just realize that not everyone is going to enjoy it the same way that I do. Cote was executing a game plan, Delegrotti is very game when it comes to that, so it didn't come as much of a surprise to me. The thing that Cote seemed to have over any of Silva's other opponents so far is the guy really does have an iron jaw. He took a kick to the chin and never even flinched.

CutlerEra06
11-04-2008, 01:52 AM
just a heads up:

Wednesday night at 7:00 ish on channel Versus, WEC(owned by UFC) is showing an awesome card for free. Urijah Faber defends his title against Mike brown, Paulo Filho defends his title once again against Chael Sonnen to put an end to the speculation over their controversial first fight. Also, former ufc LW champion Jens Pulver takes on Lenard Garcia at 145lbs. This card is top notch mma and its free, so if you have "Versus" channel, you should watch it for sure:rockon:

CutlerEra06
11-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Randy keeps the HW title this weekend via Rear Naked Choke.

ebsoria
11-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Randy keeps the HW title this weekend via Rear Naked Choke.

I dunno... it's gonna be fun to see this fight.

baphamet
11-13-2008, 08:05 AM
I dunno... it's gonna be fun to see this fight.

agreed, i think randy gets stomped in this one. it comes down to this.....can randy prevent that beast from taking him down?

randy wont be able to take BL down, his only chance is to either keep it standing and win a decision via dirty boxing.

or get taken down by BL and somehow pull off a sub off his back? :laugh:

randy is screwed, i will never count him totally out but the odds have never been this bad for him, he has very little chance to win this fight imo.

baphamet
11-13-2008, 08:09 AM
i just realized something....there are two mma thread's lol i forgot all about that one.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=117927

xX-Bronco-Xx
11-14-2008, 05:44 PM
I cannot wait for this fight! :fight:

ebsoria
11-14-2008, 06:02 PM
agreed, i think randy gets stomped in this one. it comes down to this.....can randy prevent that beast from taking him down?

randy wont be able to take BL down, his only chance is to either keep it standing and win a decision via dirty boxing.

or get taken down by BL and somehow pull off a sub off his back? :laugh:

randy is screwed, i will never count him totally out but the odds have never been this bad for him, he has very little chance to win this fight imo.

Randy does seem to have the cards stacked against him... but this one is gonna be fun! 22 more hours til the card starts. I can't wait to see how it goes down! I can't wait to see if Brock is as clse to "legit" as a lot are saying. I'd have LOVED to see him take Kimbo apart.... *sigh*... but that'll never happen.....

CutlerEra06
11-14-2008, 09:29 PM
how many of you are hardcore fans? As in do not miss a payperview, now the vast majority of the fight game and cant go without watching an event?

baphamet
11-15-2008, 06:09 PM
how many of you are hardcore fans? As in do not miss a payperview, now the vast majority of the fight game and cant go without watching an event?

i watch every event either via ppv or on the internet, the ufc that is. i watch the other mma events too if they have quality fights but that is rare anymore aside from affliction or the WEC.

that said, enjoy the fights tonight....go randy! :cheers:

CutlerEra06
11-15-2008, 06:14 PM
i watch every event either via ppv or on the internet, the ufc that is. i watch the other mma events too if they have quality fights but that is rare anymore aside from affliction or the WEC.

that said, enjoy the fights tonight....go randy! :cheers:

Yeah! Cheers to a good card! and WAR Randy!:rockon::fight::cheers:

randy by RNC.

baphamet
11-15-2008, 06:24 PM
Yeah! Cheers to a good card! and WAR Randy!:rockon::fight::cheers:

randy by RNC.

i want randy to win but it isnt gonna happen i dont think.

CUTemupLER
11-15-2008, 07:00 PM
I think Brock has a better chance winning the fight if he does so early on. Randy has had a lot of fights in his career and a lot of experience so the longer the fight goes on especially if Brock uses a lot of energy trying to shoot and running at Randy than the upper hand goes to Randy. I hope this fight stands up to all of the hype that it's going to be the biggest UFC fight ever.

GridironChamp
11-16-2008, 10:25 AM
Randy was winning before Brock landed a good shot then finished Randy off
on the ground.

I think what we saw in this fight is that Brock isnt near as dominant as we thought.
Herring couldnt get out from under Brock once in 3 rounds, Randy did it 3 times
in the first round. Randy was killing Brock in the clinch and coming out of the
clinch, he just got caught after ducking a left.

I hope Brock has to fight another good oppenent cuz I know his hype train is
setting to take off.

Nightwing
11-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Randy was winning before Brock landed a good shot then finished Randy off
on the ground.

I think what we saw in this fight is that Brock isnt near as dominant as we thought.
Herring couldnt get out from under Brock once in 3 rounds, Randy did it 3 times
in the first round. Randy was killing Brock in the clinch and coming out of the
clinch, he just got caught after ducking a left.

I hope Brock has to fight another good oppenent cuz I know his hype train is
setting to take off.

Agreed. I give Lesnar credit, he showed up for the fight, did what he needed to do, and came away with the belt. Not taking anything away from him.

With that being said, there is no way that Brock could have gone five rounds had it come to that. It appeared to me that he was starting to gas pretty bad, which I think was part of Couture's strategy, unfortunately he was caught with a shot that ended the fight. Crap happens. In reference to the Herring fight, Heath couldn't see out of one eye after the first punch, which I think had a lot to do with the outcome of the fight. Not saying that Herring would have made a better showing but the visibility was definitely an issue.

I think Lesnar will have a tough challenge with the winner of the Big Nog/Mir fight. Mir is one of my favorite fighters but since the manjority believe that Big Nog will take it (rightfully so) let's say he faces Brock sometime early next year. It's a terrible match up from Lesnar, he won't be able to develop good enough submission defense to keep Nog off for very long. I see some kind of submission in the third. Nog won't be knocked out, I'll say that much, so I don't see how Lesnar beats him outside of a lay and pray decision.

But talking about saturday's card...how about Kenny Florian? I think he showed up big time. His next fight must be for the lightweight title. If BJ Penn doesn't believe he has any competiton at LW he needs to watch Kenny Florian's last fights or so. I'm not saying that KenFlo will beat Penn, but I do believe he poses a larger threat than Sherk does. It'll be a good match and one I'm looking forward to. Of course this all depends on what happens with the Penn/GSP fight.

ebsoria
11-17-2008, 05:24 PM
But talking about saturday's card...how about Kenny Florian? I think he showed up big time. His next fight must be for the lightweight title. If BJ Penn doesn't believe he has any competiton at LW he needs to watch Kenny Florian's last fights or so. I'm not saying that KenFlo will beat Penn, but I do believe he poses a larger threat than Sherk does. It'll be a good match and one I'm looking forward to. Of course this all depends on what happens with the Penn/GSP fight.

Florian did look good. I was very impressed. But Penn and GSP? That's one of those ones where you see both names and the first thought you have is - "Aww... DAY-UM!!" They hit it again.

baphamet
12-11-2008, 12:43 PM
those were some bad ass fights last night, most brutal arm break and knockout i have seen in a long time, was awesome! :dance:

baphamet
12-11-2008, 12:44 PM
oh and dont forget ben Saunders, he turned that other dudes face into the elephant man, man was that a sweet night of fights!

Nightwing
12-28-2008, 07:24 AM
How' bout that!?

AWESOME PPV. I was so pumped during the Big Nog/Mir fight. Frank Mir put on the performance of his career. To come out and dominate one of the greatest heavyweights of all time? That was a thing of beauty. He picked Big Nog apart with relative ease, landing shots whenever he wanted. I'm a huge Mir fan and I never expected him to knock out who had never been stopped before.

People might say Big Nog was off of his game but I think that's a big excuse. This is the Big Nog we've always seen. He takes punishment early on and comes on strong in the later rounds. He always throws looping punches, so Mir worked inside the pocket and used uppercuts and hooks to deal some damages. And unlike most people when they knock Big Nog down, Mir had the skill to avoid being submitted. It was a perfect gameplan exectued with an awesome display of skill.

Brock Lesnar needs to be scared right now. If that Frank Mir shows up for the rematch, Lesnar once again isn't going to make it out of the first round.

ebsoria
12-30-2008, 07:01 PM
How' bout that!?

AWESOME PPV. I was so pumped during the Big Nog/Mir fight. Frank Mir put on the performance of his career. To come out and dominate one of the greatest heavyweights of all time? That was a thing of beauty. He picked Big Nog apart with relative ease, landing shots whenever he wanted. I'm a huge Mir fan and I never expected him to knock out who had never been stopped before.

People might say Big Nog was off of his game but I think that's a big excuse. This is the Big Nog we've always seen. He takes punishment early on and comes on strong in the later rounds. He always throws looping punches, so Mir worked inside the pocket and used uppercuts and hooks to deal some damages. And unlike most people when they knock Big Nog down, Mir had the skill to avoid being submitted. It was a perfect gameplan exectued with an awesome display of skill.

Brock Lesnar needs to be scared right now. If that Frank Mir shows up for the rematch, Lesnar once again isn't going to make it out of the first round.

Mir looked damn good. I was excited to see Mir back and call Brock out like that. And Forrest? I didn't see him winning even if I was pulling for him. /sigh Oh well.... but that shot from Rampage?!?! "Boop"!!! LMAO!!! That was a clean ko shot in the right spot. I dunno why... but I'm kind apullin for Cheike(or whatever it is) to get better and make some noise too.

baphamet
01-01-2009, 08:27 AM
How' bout that!?

agreed and if mir cant stop lesnar i don't think anyone can, unless nog makes a comeback or fedor steps in the octagon.

baphamet
01-01-2009, 08:31 AM
Mir looked damn good. I was excited to see Mir back and call Brock out like that. And Forrest? I didn't see him winning even if I was pulling for him. /sigh Oh well.... but that shot from Rampage?!?! "Boop"!!! LMAO!!! That was a clean ko shot in the right spot. I dunno why... but I'm kind apullin for Cheike(or whatever it is) to get better and make some noise too.

i hate rashad but that dude is a straight bad ass now, i think he can be beat but it wont be easy, dude is a beast.

rampage could challenge him soon perhaps, that would be a pretty good fight.

xX-Bronco-Xx
01-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Frank Mir won't look that confident once he sees Lesnar in the octagon again guaranteed.

Only way he's going to beat Brock is by submission and I think Brock will be more then ready for that.

Nightwing
01-02-2009, 06:22 AM
Frank Mir won't look that confident once he sees Lesnar in the octagon again guaranteed.

Only way he's going to beat Brock is by submission and I think Brock will be more then ready for that.

I have to disagree. Brock looked more nervous than anyone when Mir called him out after the fight. A lot of the fight game is psychological. While Brock Lesnar has never been short on confidence, he's well aware of the fact that Mir beat him before, and in less than two minutes.

I also think Mir has more ways to win than just submission.

If you re-watch the Couture/Lesnar fight, Brock wasn't winning the wrestling battle like he should have, especially with an opponent he outweighted by a considerable amount. His wrestling advantage usually comes from size and athleticism.

Mir came in at 251 pounds, I believe, which is a lot more than Couture came in at. The size will be a little more even this time around. Frank Mir also didn't look remotely winded after the fight with Nog, so his cardio is up, where as Lesnar was looking fatigued towards the end of his fight with Couture.

Lesnar's striking has never been crisp, he just happens to have a considerable amount of power in his hands. Mir, on the other hand, showed some beautiful combos and ability to work the 'pocket' during his fight with Nog.

Basically, Mir could out point him on his feet, definitely within the realn of possibility, and take a decision.

I expect Mir to come out and land a lot of leg kicks, send Lesnar into wrestler mode, where the fight will be taken to the ground.

Lesnar won't finish Mir on the ground. Herring, who doesn't have near the ground game of Mir (and had severe damage to one eye) was able to with stand Brock's top game.

I think Mir will end up catching him in a triangle or something to that effect.

Also, just to take into consideration, Mir has the power in his hands to stop Lesnar too. Mir has never been knocked out.

baphamet
01-02-2009, 08:59 AM
I have to disagree. Brock looked more nervous than anyone when Mir called him out after the fight. A lot of the fight game is psychological. While Brock Lesnar has never been short on confidence, he's well aware of the fact that Mir beat him before, and in less than two minutes.

I also think Mir has more ways to win than just submission.

If you re-watch the Couture/Lesnar fight, Brock wasn't winning the wrestling battle like he should have, especially with an opponent he outweighted by a considerable amount. His wrestling advantage usually comes from size and athleticism.

Mir came in at 251 pounds, I believe, which is a lot more than Couture came in at. The size will be a little more even this time around. Frank Mir also didn't look remotely winded after the fight with Nog, so his cardio is up, where as Lesnar was looking fatigued towards the end of his fight with Couture.

Lesnar's striking has never been crisp, he just happens to have a considerable amount of power in his hands. Mir, on the other hand, showed some beautiful combos and ability to work the 'pocket' during his fight with Nog.

Basically, Mir could out point him on his feet, definitely within the realn of possibility, and take a decision.

I expect Mir to come out and land a lot of leg kicks, send Lesnar into wrestler mode, where the fight will be taken to the ground.

Lesnar won't finish Mir on the ground. Herring, who doesn't have near the ground game of Mir (and had severe damage to one eye) was able to with stand Brock's top game.

I think Mir will end up catching him in a triangle or something to that effect.

Also, just to take into consideration, Mir has the power in his hands to stop Lesnar too. Mir has never been knocked out.

lesnar already completely dominated mir the first time (before the submission), i don't think mir has a chance other than a submission.

nobody has a chance against this guy on the feet unless lesnar choses not to take it to the ground.

he can take anybody down and control them on the ground, i really don't see how you thought randy got the better end of the wrestling in that fight to be quite honest.

in the first fight lesnar took mir down with absolute easy, he dominated him on the ground until he made the mistake of getting caught with a submission.

i don't think anybody has a chance against lesnar unless they get a submission on him or he decides not to take it to the ground, even then lesnar is dangerous with his freakish power.

ebsoria
01-02-2009, 09:42 AM
lesnar already completely dominated mir the first time (before the submission), i don't think mir has a chance other than a submission.

nobody has a chance against this guy on the feet unless lesnar choses not to take it to the ground.

he can take anybody down and control them on the ground, i really don't see how you thought randy got the better end of the wrestling in that fight to be quite honest.

in the first fight lesnar took mir down with absolute easy, he dominated him on the ground until he made the mistake of getting caught with a submission.

i don't think anybody has a chance against lesnar unless they get a submission on him or he decides not to take it to the ground, even then lesnar is dangerous with his freakish power.

I dunno baph... Mir this past weekend was a different and confident Mir then I've seen in a few years. Nightwing made a good point... Lesnar didn't look all that excited when Mir called him out. Mir just might be back. That makes me happy.

I agree about Evans though... I don't like him. I especially didn't like that little kiss and nut tap he did. Right then I was hoping he'd get his lights turned out. But sadly.... it didn't. He is a bad-ass right now and I don't think he's giving up that belt anytime soon.

Nightwing
01-02-2009, 10:21 AM

I don't think Brock Lesnar dominated Mir the first time around. While Lesnar was able to score a quick take down, he also landed some rabbit punches to the back of Mir's head, which does have an effect on the fight.

It wasn't luck that Mir beat him. Brock was flailing around in an over aggressive state trying to finish off someone that had a far superior ground game. He made a rookie mistake and he paid for it.

I also think it's an exaggeration to say that Lesnar can take anyone down. It didn't come so easily to him with Couture and even then he had a difficult time keeping him on the ground. And the ground is one place that Lesnar absolutely does not want to go to with Mir.

The thing about Frank Mir is his guard game isn't your typical heavyweight guard game. He's very agile on his back and can transition to some pretty sick submissions. Brock isn't going to want any of that but Mir will leg kick him enough that he has no choice.

On the feet? Technique clearly goes to Mir. He's superior over Lesnar at everything when it comes to striking outside of power. Mir displayed a good feet and head movement in his fight with Big Nog, better than Couture did with Lesnar.

If it were simply a striking match, Mir could out point him, or even stop him. We really have no idea how good Brock's chin is yet.

I phrased it wrong when describing the wrestling aspect of the Couture/Lesnar match. Lesnar, having a significant weight advtange, was not able to push Couture around like one might have expected. And when he did take him to the ground he wasn't able to hold him or land any significant amounts of damage.

Mir is a worse match up for Lesnar than Couture was. I'd break it down like this.

Striking: Advantage Mir, though Lesnar always has a puncher's chance.
BJJ: Mir, by a long shot.
Wrestling: Lesnar
Cardio: Judging by each fighter's last performance, Mir looked to have much better cardio, which is a big surprise.

Mir has the tools to beat Lesnar and I think he'll do it. Brock is going to have to get in the cage with man that has already beat him, and I think it'll play a big role mentally.

I also believe there are several heavyweights that could give Lesnar a great fight, if not beat him.

Cheick Kongo (Much better striker than Brock, has improved his take down defense)
Fabricio Werdum (High Level BJJ)
Fedor (Easily the best heavyweight)
Alistair Overeem (Sick, sick striking)
Josh Barnett
Andrei Arlovsky

Nightwing
02-02-2009, 10:50 AM
UFC 94 was everything that I had expected it to be. While a large majority of the fights went to decision I didn't think that made them any less entertaining.

Nate Diaz vs Clay Guida
I'll start by saying that I personally dislike Diaz for the way that he conducts himself in and outside of the ring. The same goes for his brother. I try (whether successful or not) to keep my bias in check. While this fight might not be considered the most exciting I thought it provided plenty of action and was thoroughly watchable.

Diaz, notorious for his slick transitions and ground game, was really unable to deal with the relentlessness that is Clay Guida. Once Guida had a hold on Diaz he wasn't going to let go. Nate proved to be better on the feet (which is understandable considering his huge reach advantage). His punches lacked power but that's the way that he always fights. A volume puncher compared to a KO artist. The decision went to the right person but I think Guida will struggle with the top ecchelon on fighters. Kenny Florian, Diego Sanchez, Sherk, and Penn should all give him fits.

Karo Parisyan vs. Dong Hyun Kim
Awesome match between two accomplished jūdōkas. It was nice to see The Heat back in the octagon after numerous injuries and personal problems. I think the fight went as expected with the two engaging in a grappling match. Kim has some beautiful sweeps and was able to get Karo's back almost at will. Stand up definitely favored Parisyan with his hard right hook. I don't agree with the judge's decision, however. Outside of one beautiful judo toss Dong Hyun Kim was getting the better of the grappling and the striking aspect didn't play too big of a part in the match. I think Kim did enough to earn a victory.

Stephan Bonnar vs. Jon Jones
Stephan 'The American Psycho' Bonnar has been one of my favorite fighters since watching the first season of The Ultimate Fighter. Ultimately I think fighting someone as athletic and explosive as Jon Jones after a fifteen month layoff was a little too soon. Jones is a force to be reckoned with. His striking is unorthodox and wild but his wrestling is awe inspiring. He was able to toss Bonnar around like he was a lightweight. I do question the spinning elbow that dropped Stephan. To me it looked as if it hit him in the back of the head which is a no-no. It doesn't take anything away from Jones' victory though.

Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva
Outside of the main event this was the fight that I was really looking forward to the most. Lyoto gets a lot of slack for the way that he fights which I don't think is warranted. Most people that dislike him (not all) believe in fighting to get hit in the face or something.

Lyoto controlled the fight right from the get go. He was able to come it at angles while remaining elusive. Silva followed him which was a mistake that most of his opponents make. Machida would step in and deliver devistating shots without ever getting touched. The knock out was brutal. After landing a beautiful foot sweep which left Thiago on the ground, the punch that followed put an end to the stop. Awesome KO to see happen and I hope it silenced some of Lyoto's critics.

Georges St. Pierre vs. B.J. Penn
The match up that everyone had been waiting for after GSP's controversial victory in 2006. Primetime did a good job of building up to the event and showed each fighter in their own light.

I want to say that I realize a lot of the talk was hype but I truly believed that Penn crossed the line with some of his comments. There's a difference between trash talking to sell the fight and just disrespecting your opponent and everyone associated with him. I think BJ Penn did the latter. And what is it that they say about karma? :D

The fight itself? Complete and utter domination by Georges St. Pierre. The first round was spent mainly grappling with GSP landing the harder shots in the clinch. The second round was more of the same though the fight did hit the ground.

What happened in the third and fourth rounds was one of the worst one-sided beatdowns that I've ever seen. BJ Penn was utterly dismantled and dominated in every aspect of mixed martial arts. He had no answer for Georges' jab or his take downs. Hammerfists and elbows were landed on Penn without any break and his guard with passed at will. In a lot of ways I thought this was even worse than what GSP did to Jon Fitch.

Personally I think that BJ Penn dug him own grave with all the talk before the fight. Calling Georges St. Pierre a quitter and other various insults. As it turns out it was Penn who ended up quitting that night. I think after the second round BJ was shattered mentally and physically. Which really makes me question if his head will be in the right place when he fights the ever improving Kenny Florian.

Raiderfan76
03-09-2009, 11:51 AM
You guys should check out the link in my sig, it's a great MMA site!

www.mmaspot.net

Chillez
03-17-2009, 06:04 AM
I don't think Brock Lesnar dominated Mir the first time around. While Lesnar was able to score a quick take down, he also landed some rabbit punches to the back of Mir's head, which does have an effect on the fight.

It wasn't luck that Mir beat him. Brock was flailing around in an over aggressive state trying to finish off someone that had a far superior ground game. He made a rookie mistake and he paid for it.

I also think it's an exaggeration to say that Lesnar can take anyone down. It didn't come so easily to him with Couture and even then he had a difficult time keeping him on the ground. And the ground is one place that Lesnar absolutely does not want to go to with Mir.

The thing about Frank Mir is his guard game isn't your typical heavyweight guard game. He's very agile on his back and can transition to some pretty sick submissions. Brock isn't going to want any of that but Mir will leg kick him enough that he has no choice.

On the feet? Technique clearly goes to Mir. He's superior over Lesnar at everything when it comes to striking outside of power. Mir displayed a good feet and head movement in his fight with Big Nog, better than Couture did with Lesnar.

If it were simply a striking match, Mir could out point him, or even stop him. We really have no idea how good Brock's chin is yet.

I phrased it wrong when describing the wrestling aspect of the Couture/Lesnar match. Lesnar, having a significant weight advtange, was not able to push Couture around like one might have expected. And when he did take him to the ground he wasn't able to hold him or land any significant amounts of damage.

Mir is a worse match up for Lesnar than Couture was. I'd break it down like this.

Striking: Advantage Mir, though Lesnar always has a puncher's chance.
BJJ: Mir, by a long shot.
Wrestling: Lesnar
Cardio: Judging by each fighter's last performance, Mir looked to have much better cardio, which is a big surprise.

Mir has the tools to beat Lesnar and I think he'll do it. Brock is going to have to get in the cage with man that has already beat him, and I think it'll play a big role mentally.

I also believe there are several heavyweights that could give Lesnar a great fight, if not beat him.

Cheick Kongo (Much better striker than Brock, has improved his take down defense)
Fabricio Werdum (High Level BJJ)
Fedor (Easily the best heavyweight)
Alistair Overeem (Sick, sick striking)
Josh Barnett
Andrei Arlovsky

HAHA you make me laugh :laugh: Mir just had surgery which kinda sucks he just postpone the fight with Brock... I have a gut feeling and watching Frank Mir fight all these years IF He comes in fight over confident and decide "Hey I KO Nog why not Brock" So just going decide to stand and bang with Brock going get TKO in 2RD right it down... FACT: Lesnar knocked down each of his 4 opponets so far in his fight career. Brock has Striking Advantage man. You can't be serious about Mir haveing better striking game :O

Brock Lesnar favorite fighter for number of reason 1) hes one most gifted athletics I've ever seen for his size and strength the guy moves like a light heavyweight 2) He almost made the NFL for not playing College Football for god sake, Still got invited to NFL Europa 3) Watched him wrestle University of Minnesota meet him few times great guy :)

Frank Mir got lucky as hell 1st fight against Brock. I give Mir 25% chance of winning the fight. I did not think going KO Nog so anything possible especially in MMA.. We shall see it wont go all 5 rounds count on that. :thumb:

BROCK "THE NEXT BIG THING" LESNAR!!! :salute!:

Nightwing
03-27-2009, 11:44 AM
HAHA you make me laugh :laugh: Mir just had surgery which kinda sucks he just postpone the fight with Brock... I have a gut feeling and watching Frank Mir fight all these years IF He comes in fight over confident and decide "Hey I KO Nog why not Brock" So just going decide to stand and bang with Brock going get TKO in 2RD right it down... FACT: Lesnar knocked down each of his 4 opponets so far in his fight career. Brock has Striking Advantage man. You can't be serious about Mir haveing better striking game :O

Brock Lesnar favorite fighter for number of reason 1) hes one most gifted athletics I've ever seen for his size and strength the guy moves like a light heavyweight 2) He almost made the NFL for not playing College Football for god sake, Still got invited to NFL Europa 3) Watched him wrestle University of Minnesota meet him few times great guy :)

Frank Mir got lucky as hell 1st fight against Brock. I give Mir 25% chance of winning the fight. I did not think going KO Nog so anything possible especially in MMA.. We shall see it wont go all 5 rounds count on that. :thumb:

BROCK "THE NEXT BIG THING" LESNAR!!! :salute!:

Frank Mir got lucky the first time? Lucky? There's no such thing as a lucky submission. It happened because Brock became a spaz and thought the fight was all but finished. He made a rookie mistake and he paid for it. There's nothing remotely lucky about that. Frank Mir has put the time and effort into refining his BJJ, what's lucky about that? Mir is by far the better fighter when the fight hits the ground. I can't begin to fathom how you can call a submission victory lucky.

And do you care to explain to me how Brock Lesnar's striking is superior? Go back and watch every single one of his fights, look closely, and pinpoint somewhere in them that Lesnar shows the technical precision in striking that Mir did against Big Nog. Does Lesnar have power? Sure he does, that much is evident. Is his striking crisp and clean? Far from it. Brock has the power advantage but Mir is the much better technician. He has good footwork, moves his head, works the angles. He displayed fundamental boxing that Lesnar ever has. So, again, explain to me how Brock has the advantage? He has a puncher's chance, of course.

Brock Lesnar is an amazing athlete, I'm not going to argue against that, but Mir is re-dedicated and I wouldn't underestimate his athletic ability. The ground is where Lesnar doesn't want this fight to go. If he starts to spaz with those rabbit punches then Mir is going to take his arm home with him.

Feel free to tell me otherwise.

MightyHorse
03-31-2009, 04:38 PM
UFC Fight night live tomorrow 6pm WOOHOO fights for free. I get most of the pay per views but man gets a lil spendy. Nice to get some for free.

kmcgough25
04-04-2009, 04:31 AM
I was a little disapointed in Carlos Condit. He moves over to the UFC and loses his 1st fight. Looks to me he needs to work a little harder in the gym and build the strength up if he wants to compete.

UFC170 lbs> Carlos (so far).

MightyHorse
04-18-2009, 02:26 PM
Denver guy fighting tonight. Should be a good night for MMA fans tonight.
http://eliotmarshall.com/index.html

jcdavey
04-18-2009, 02:47 PM
i got leites and liddell tonight

the shop i work for ( www.mmafightshop.ca ) has 4 guys on the undercard, David Loiseau, Denis Kang, TJ Grant and Elliot Marshall.

i'm hoping for some quick knockouts on the main card so some of our guys fights get on tv after the silva/leites fight.

i gotta watch it at home, i didn't bone out any cash for a ticket

jcdavey
04-18-2009, 02:52 PM
Denver guy fighting tonight. Should be a good night for MMA fans tonight.
http://eliotmarshall.com/index.htmlwow he's from denver? cool, and one of the guys my employers are sponsoring tonight

so he'll have this ------> http://www.mmafightshop.ca/shop/images/mmafsMENS.jpg

or this ---------------> http://www.mmafightshop.ca/shop/images/tavsponufc94shorts.jpg

on

jcdavey
04-18-2009, 05:31 PM
Eliot Marshall! winner!

my boss is 1 for 1 so far haha

jcdavey
04-18-2009, 05:44 PM
TJ Grant follows with a win

the fight shop is 2 for 2!

MightyHorse
04-18-2009, 06:24 PM
wow he's from denver? cool, and one of the guys my employers are sponsoring tonight

Yeah he lives here now but he was raised in New Jersey somewhere he teaches BJJ at a school in boulder. Elliot made it to the semi finals on the Ultimate Fighter reality show. Man his BJJ is off the charts im really hopin he pulls it off tonight gotta root for the denver guy:fight:

Nightwing
04-18-2009, 10:05 PM
That had to have been one of the worst titles fights in recent history.

jcdavey
04-18-2009, 10:15 PM
well my bosses fighters went 3 for 4, loiseau got owned , lost all 3 rounds, damn

that title fight was fn horrible, but overall i liked the card and how it played out up until that last crappy fight

MightyHorse
04-18-2009, 11:15 PM
That had to have been one of the worst titles fights in recent history.

I wouldnt know my stupid comcast cable PPV was just a pixelated mess coulkdn watch the main event.

jc congrats on yer guys goin 3-4. i glanced at yer shops site pretty sweet.

jcdavey
04-19-2009, 09:43 AM
I wouldnt know my stupid comcast cable PPV was just a pixelated mess coulkdn watch the main event.

jc congrats on yer guys goin 3-4. i glanced at yer shops site pretty sweet.thanks man, if you're ever in montreal drop on by, maybe there will be some fighters there to say hi to

Raiderfan76
04-19-2009, 10:31 AM
i got leites and liddell tonight

How did that work out for ya.....:P

MightyHorse
04-19-2009, 10:45 AM
thanks man, if you're ever in montreal drop on by, maybe there will be some fighters there to say hi to

If i ever make it up there i will definately drop by

jcdavey
04-19-2009, 01:01 PM
How did that work out for ya.....:P
pretty badly lol, never pick with your heart haha

Chillez
07-06-2009, 02:39 AM
UFC 100 is 5 days away let's make are picks. This is huge MMA event if

anyone that follows MMA or is a fan. ESPN is giving it alot of coverage :)

My Picks Main card ONLY:

Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir - Brock 100% my favorite fighter.

Georges St-Pierre vs. Thiago Alves - GSP

Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago - Fitch

Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher - Akiyama

Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping - Hendo

jcdavey
07-06-2009, 02:48 AM
Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir - Brock

i got same picks as you but i hope lesnar gets humbled by mir yet again

cause it would be hilarious , and i still think he's too cocky for UFC

Chillez
07-06-2009, 03:01 AM
Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir - Brock

i got same picks as you but i hope lesnar gets humbled by mir yet again

cause it would be hilarious , and i still think he's too cocky for UFC

Nice you cant be serious about Mir??? He so damn cocky latest interviews thinks he's best HW in the world above Fedor. He believes he best thing since slice bread! Can't stand the guy during TUF said "I am 10 times the athlete Nogueria is" I lost alot of respect for the guy. :2cents:

Nightwing
07-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir - Mir via second round submission

Georges St. Pierre vs Thiago Alves - GSP via third round domination

Jon Fitch vs Paulo Thiago - Fitch via Unanimous Decision

Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher - Akiyama via first round armbar

Dan Henderson vs Michael Bisping - Hendo via first round KO

I think the card should prove to be pretty entertaining.

The Georges St. Pierre vs Thiago Alves fight has me pretty intrigued. I have doubts that Alves will make weight but even if he does he'll be facing a considerable disadvantage. GSP has (I think) seven or eight inches of reach on Alves. I think he'll use his jab and kicks to keep him at bay before taking Alves down and ending the fight with some ground and pound.

I also don't see any way that Michael Bisping can win unless it's by decision. He lacks the power to knock Hendo out and he won't submit him. On the other hand if Hendo lands one big right hand then it's lights out for Bisping.

xX-Bronco-Xx
07-06-2009, 11:25 AM
Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir - I have a feeling Brock's going to TKO Mir based on the fact that Mir did embarrass him with that submission in his first UFC match and because I think Brock will never let that happen against Mir again.

Georges St. Pierre vs Thiago Alves - GSP

Jon Fitch vs Paulo Thiago - Jon Fitch

Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher - Akiyama. This dude is Korean but he's raised Japanese. He's been promoting himself in Korea lately and I have unfavorable bias towards Mr. Chu or as some fans might call him Sexyama :laugh:

Dan Henderson vs Michael Bisping - I pick Bisping to win this.

jcdavey
07-06-2009, 11:26 AM
Nice you cant be serious about Mir??? He so damn cocky latest interviews thinks he's best HW in the world above Fedor. He believes he best thing since slice bread! Can't stand the guy during TUF said "I am 10 times the athlete Nogueria is" I lost alot of respect for the guy. :2cents:i saw an interview where he was very gracious, and he said he wants to be punched by fedor at least once before he retires , so he knows what it feels like

he was giving respect to fedor

now lesnar on the other hand acts like a complete jackass inside and outside the octagon

i'd love to see him humbled again, cause he thinks his **** doesn't stink

thank god he's already at least lost once in the ufc

hey i loved wwf, but that attitude will kill ufc as a sport, ufc and mma is about respect, brock isn't.......

somebody needs to beat him severely and teach him another lesson

xX-Bronco-Xx
07-06-2009, 11:30 AM
i saw an interview where he was very gracious, and he said he wants to be punched by fedor at least once before he retires , so he knows what it feels like

now lesnar on the other hand acts like a complete jackass inside and outside the octagon

hey i loved wwf, but that attitude will kill ufc as a sport, ufc and mma is about respect, brock isn't.......

I like how Frank handles himself in interviews. He's blunt and to the point, he knows his limits but he doesn't sound too much like a cocky bastard :goofy:

I actually heard Brock is a nice guy outside of the ring but maybe it's just his old WWF antics he pulls of in interiews and stuff.

Nightwing
07-06-2009, 11:41 AM
i saw an interview where he was very gracious, and he said he wants to be punched by fedor at least once before he retires , so he knows what it feels like

I agree, completely.

The way I see it, and this is just my opinion, is like this.

Mir comes off as the way he does in interviews on purpose. He's able to give respect when respect is due and he's confident in himself. When he says something, in general, it's to hype a fight.

Brock Lesnar comes off the way he does in interviews because he truly believes he's better than everyone else.

I could be completely wrong but that's just the way it seems to me.

OaklandxxRaider
07-06-2009, 11:55 AM
Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir - Im taking mir. Its gonna be another submission.

Georges St-Pierre vs. Thiago Alves - GSP all the way

Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago - Thiago

Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping - Bisping

OaklandxxRaider
07-06-2009, 11:59 AM
I honestly dont even know why lesnar is champ right now. He's only fought 4 times in the UFC. Doesnt seem right, and honestly, id love to see mir get him in a rear naked choke or a nice arm bar, and make him tap like a punk... not a fan of lesnar at all.

ebsoria
07-06-2009, 12:00 PM
[FONT="Arial"]

Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir - Mir

[FONT="Arial"]Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping - Hendo, and I want him to make Misbing bleed... a lot.

I really, really dont like Bisbing after seeing this past season of TUF. I didnt mind him before... but I want to see Hendo hurt him. Not bad and not seriously... but a few tears and some blood would suffice.

// / yardo
07-06-2009, 12:41 PM
I can't stand Brock Lesnar.

xX-Bronco-Xx
07-06-2009, 01:24 PM
I honestly dont even know why lesnar is champ right now. He's only fought 4 times in the UFC. Doesnt seem right, and honestly, id love to see mir get him in a rear naked choke or a nice arm bar, and make him tap like a punk... not a fan of lesnar at all.

He's the biggest hype for the UFC right now and that's the only reason. I agree though that he should have had more fights to even get a title shot.

Speaking of hype you guys remember Kimbo Slice? Well he's going to be on the Ultimate Fighter Heavyweights.

ebsoria
07-06-2009, 01:27 PM
He's the biggest hype for the UFC right now and that's the only reason. I agree though that he should have had more fights to even get a title shot.

Speaking of hype you guys remember Kimbo Slice? Well he's going to be on the Ultimate Fighter Heavyweights.

And he's gonna get his ass handed to him by someone with more technical ability. Then he's gonna pop off and Dana is gonna ban him from the UFC.

GridironChamp
07-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Lesnar vs Mir - Mir via out technically boxing Lesnar long enough to the point
Lesnar resorts to what he does best, wrestling. In an attempt to pass Mir's
guard, he will get caught in an armbar. Mir via snapped arm!!!

GSP vs Alves - GSP. Ok, i've been very timid about saying this because of how
dangerous Alves is, but it's my belief that GSP will stifle Alves with his ever
improving boxing/kickboxing. He will win the stand up fight up until mid round
two where he will take down Alves and finish him via domination. GSP is always
improving and I think we see his best striking performance to date.

Fitch vs Thiago - Fitch via superior everything. UD.

Akiyama vs Belchar - Akiyama via UD.

Hendo vs Bisping - Hendo via catching Bisping while trying to run away. Then
smashing his face in via GnP.

GridironChamp
07-06-2009, 02:13 PM
And he's gonna get his ass handed to him by someone with more technical ability. Then he's gonna pop off and Dana is gonna ban him from the UFC.

Nelson will win it all.

His only pro losses are to Monson, Arlovski, and um **** i forgot but someone
else really good.

ebsoria
07-06-2009, 02:55 PM
Nelson will win it all.

His only pro losses are to Monson, Arlovski, and um **** i forgot but someone
else really good.

I cant agree or disagree with you... yet. I've not looked over the roster of the next TUF yet.

But... how can anyone possibly loose to this guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DsN36mz_PA)??? :doh:

Chillez
07-06-2009, 04:01 PM
I honestly dont even know why lesnar is champ right now. He's only fought 4 times in the UFC. Doesn't seem right, and honestly, id love to see mir get him in a rear naked choke or a nice arm bar, and make him tap like a punk... not a fan of lesnar at all.

He beat a former 5 time UFC champion and MMA pioneer in Randy Couture in his 4th fight don't not blame Brock for title fight Randy requested to fight Brock and Dana White made the fight happen. For crying out loud Brock did not deserve the title fight put he took advantage of it and won fair and square. People are just sore losers and are jealous he's champ so fast. Randy got a title fight after a loss LOL. :coffee:

jcdavey
07-06-2009, 04:15 PM
He beat a former 5 time UFC champion and MMA pioneer in Randy Couture in his 4th fight don't not blame Brock for title fight Randy requested to fight Brock and Dana White made the fight happen. For crying out loud Brock did not deserve the title fight put he took advantage of it and won fair and square. People are just sore losers and are jealous he's champ so fast. Randy got a title fight after a loss LOL. :coffee:he's only champ because of his name

face it

if it was cain velasquez he'd still be waiting for his shot....like cain is lol

just admit it, he got a quick trip to the front of the line, because of who he is, and his fame

do yourself a favor, be honest lol

Chillez
07-06-2009, 04:26 PM

I want Mir to get his ass humbled he said in interview Brock punches like a

little girl and didn't even hurt me. Put when we see at UFC 81 Mir was

getting ass handed to him until he pulled the sub. Yeah Brock not a honest

and humble guy from this interview. I don't dislike Frank in any way other

than he's got a win over me," Lesnar said on a call to promote UFC 100. "This

is a sport. I consider myself a gentleman, and sportsmanlike conduct takes

precedence in this." source:

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/07/06/frank-mir-brock-lesnar-say-they-dont-

dislike-each-other/ (http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/07/06

/frank-mir-brock-lesnar-say-they-don't-dislike-each-other/)

Mir is so jealous of Brock because maken more money than him so he

complains no stop to Dana White.

I cant wait until Saturday night when Brock TKO/KO Mir 2nd RD. :salute:

jcdavey
07-06-2009, 04:28 PM
I want Mir to get his ass humbled he said in interview Brock punches like a

little girl and didn't even hurt me. Put when we see at UFC 81 Mir was

getting ass handed to him until he pulled the sub. Yeah Brock not a honest

and humble guy from this interview. I don't dislike Frank in any way other

than he's got a win over me," Lesnar said on a call to promote UFC 100. "This

is a sport. I consider myself a gentleman, and sportsmanlike conduct takes

precedence in this." source:

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/07/06/frank-mir-brock-lesnar-say-they-dont-

dislike-each-other/ (http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/07/06

/frank-mir-brock-lesnar-say-they-don't-dislike-each-other/)

Mir is so jealous of Brock because maken more money than him so he

complains no stop to Dana White.

I cant wait until Saturday night when Brock TKO/KO Mir 2nd RD. :salute:at least mir had to pay his dues, unlike your guy who needed a hand-out from the boss

that's a fact, son

Chillez
07-06-2009, 04:36 PM
he's only champ because of his name

face it

if it was cain velasquez he'd still be waiting for his shot....like cain is lol

just admit it, he got a quick trip to the front of the line, because of who he is, and his fame

do yourself a favor, be honest lol

He beat HH who was a top 20 HW at the time. Randy was top 5 at the time everyone wanted him to fight Fedor until Brock beat him than everyone was saying Randy is washed up and a old man go figure. Cain Valasquez!?!? He got rocked 3 times against Cheick Kongo if had no wrestling he would of got owned completely. Shane Carwin going tool Cain just wacth and see. I will admit Fedor, Josh Barnett and Carwin are only fighters atm that I can see who can defeat Brock. :coffee:

ebsoria
07-06-2009, 04:38 PM
at least mir had to pay his dues, unlike your guy who needed a hand-out from the boss

that's a fact, son

Not only did Mir pay his dues he came back from a helluva motorcycle accident that stripped him of his belt to begin with. Now, to be competing to put it back on... and not just interim!?!? Dood has my respect.

ebsoria
07-06-2009, 04:39 PM
He beat HH who was a top 20 HW at the time. Randy was top 5 at the time everyone wanted him to fight Fedor until Brock beat him than everyone was saying Randy is washed up and a old man go figure. Cain Valasquez!?!? He got rocked 3 times against Cheick Kongo if had no wrestling he would of got owned completely. Shane Carwin going tool Cain just wacth and see. I will admit Fedor, Josh Barnett and Carwin are only fighters atm that I can see who can defeat Brock. :coffee:

You mean, outside of Mir who did beat him....? :coffee:

Chillez
07-06-2009, 04:52 PM
at least mir had to pay his dues, unlike your guy who needed a hand-out from the boss

that's a fact, son

So your saying if Dana White offered you a title fight you would turn it down?

BTW, Name me 1 fighter that has had tuffer competition in there first 4 fights

than Brock?

Fact = Brock Lesnar UFC Heavyweight Champion!!! :smug:

Chillez
07-06-2009, 05:01 PM
You mean, outside of Mir who did beat him....? :coffee:

He got lucky and that damn ref Steve Mazzagatti screwed Brock. Frank Mir

beat a washed up Nog. Nogueria chain is gone which was so famous for, He

just been in too many battles and wars for so many years. :coffee:

ebsoria
07-06-2009, 05:14 PM
He got lucky and that damn ref Steve Mazzagatti screwed Brock. Frank Mir

beat a washed up Nog. Nogueria chain is gone which was so famous for, He

just been in too many battles and wars for so many years. :coffee:

"Got lucky" is a matter of perception. He took a few good shot sand was getting his ass handed to him but his experience is what won the fight. Brock left his foot out there so Mir took it. What? Did you expect him to look at his foot and not take it htinking- "Naw... that's just too lucky"?

Fact- Mir beat Brock.

And furthermore... you were the one who was defending Brock against his win over Randy yet you contradict yourself by then calling Nog "washed up" when Mir beat him... can't have it both ways.

Fact- Mir, the better MMA fighter, beat Brock, the better WWE entertainer.

Nightwing
07-06-2009, 05:38 PM
To start off, let's go over someone who will have his first four fights at the very least equivalent to Lesnar's as far as difficulty goes. (This is comparing only fights held within the UFC)

Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua

First fight: Forrest Griffin. Very comparable to Lesnar getting drawn up against Mir in his UFC debut. Mir was a former champ and Forrest would become a future champ. Both opponents are considered top ten within their weight divisions.

Second Fight: Mark Coleman. Again, very comparable to Brock having to fight Heath Herring. Actually, as far as accolades go, Coleman was the more accomplished fighter. Coleman was older, so that's one drawback, but still I wouldn't say one was more difficult than the other.

Third Fight: Chuck Liddell. Chuck, a former light heavyweight champion, possessing KO power in each hand. He was in the twilight of his career, yes, but we have to remember Brock was fighting Randy. Couture was in his mid 40s and suffered a HUGE weight disadvantage to Lesnar. Weight was pretty much even between Shogun and Liddell.

Fourth Fight: Lyoto 'The Dragon' Machida. There's no argument here. As good as Mir is (I'm a huge fan) Machida is one of the most elite mixed martial artists in the world. He's undefeated and the scary thing is he keeps improving. Lyoto is by far the toughest competition that has been mentioned.

So, there you are, one fighter that has what I believe a more difficult path than Brock.

As for the rest, you can't discredit Mir's victory over Nog and try to give Brock merit for beating Randy. It doesn't work that way. If you want to call Big Nog washed up then you have to call Couture washed up. The real truth is they both lost to the better man that night.

Edit: If you want another person, I can even offer that. Just look at the competition Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson faced upon his debut in the UFC. Or Dan Henderson upon his return to the UFC.

ebsoria
07-06-2009, 05:53 PM
As for the rest, you can't discredit Mir's victory over Nog and try to give Brock merit for beating Randy. It doesn't work that way. If you want to call Big Nog washed up then you have to call Couture washed up. The real truth is they both lost to the better man that night.

Quoted to further show my point.

Chillez
07-06-2009, 06:01 PM
"Got lucky" is a matter of perception. He took a few good shot sand was getting his ass handed to him but his experience is what won the fight. Brock left his foot out there so Mir took it. What? Did you expect him to look at his foot and not take it htinking- "Naw... that's just too lucky"?

Fact- Mir beat Brock.

And furthermore... you were the one who was defending Brock against his win over Randy yet you contradict yourself by then calling Nog "washed up" when Mir beat him... can't have it both ways.

Fact- Mir, the better MMA fighter, beat Brock, the better WWE entertainer.

Nog looked "washed up in that fight. That is by far worst fight ever seen Nog fight and I'm fan of his. I agree Mir won due to experience and it was only Brock 2nd MMA fight. Brock has not done WWE in 5 years and he HATED it watch some interviews he had no money coming from a small town in Webster South Dakota. Brock is a former 2000 Division 1-A National Champion in wrestling and runner up in 1999 lost to Stephen Neal 3 time Super Bowl Champion with New England Patriots and still starts today. Brock by far is best athlete in MMA after he defeats Mir people will say Mir sucks.

Brock Lesnar has passed every NCAA, WWE, NFL and NSAC steroid test. HGH? Being ****in' huge since college, where would a poor Minnesota farm boy find the funds for HGH?

Chillez
07-06-2009, 06:15 PM
To start off, let's go over someone who will have his first four fights at the very least equivalent to Lesnar's as far as difficulty goes. (This is comparing only fights held within the UFC)

Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua

First fight: Forrest Griffin. Very comparable to Lesnar getting drawn up against Mir in his UFC debut. Mir was a former champ and Forrest would become a future champ. Both opponents are considered top ten within their weight divisions.

Second Fight: Mark Coleman. Again, very comparable to Brock having to fight Heath Herring. Actually, as far as accolades go, Coleman was the more accomplished fighter. Coleman was older, so that's one drawback, but still I wouldn't say one was more difficult than the other.

Third Fight: Chuck Liddell. Chuck, a former light heavyweight champion, possessing KO power in each hand. He was in the twilight of his career, yes, but we have to remember Brock was fighting Randy. Couture was in his mid 40s and suffered a HUGE weight disadvantage to Lesnar. Weight was pretty much even between Shogun and Liddell.

Fourth Fight: Lyoto 'The Dragon' Machida. There's no argument here. As good as Mir is (I'm a huge fan) Machida is one of the most elite mixed martial artists in the world. He's undefeated and the scary thing is he keeps improving. Lyoto is by far the toughest competition that has been mentioned.

So, there you are, one fighter that has what I believe a more difficult path than Brock.

Edit: If you want another person, I can even offer that. Just look at the competition Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson faced upon his debut in the UFC. Or Dan Henderson upon his return to the UFC.

I said first 4 fights meaning the beginning not when Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua joined the UFC. Brock faced 2 former UFC champions in 4 fights...

Lyoto 'The Dragon' Machida has yet to have a title defense hes not above Randy yet put he's on his way.

P4P best fighters in the world today:
Fedor
GSP
Silva
Machida

Nightwing
07-06-2009, 06:25 PM
I said first 4 fights meaning the beginning not when Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua joined the UFC. Brock faced 2 former UFC champions in 4 fights...

If you want to go that route then there is absolutely no way to make a fair comparison. The only reason Lesnar was able to secure any of the fights that he did was because of his name.

Though, like it is for most fighters, his first match up was what could be considered a 'can'.

I can still contribute someone to having a more difficult path. Lyoto Machida, I would say, faced just as stiff competition.

Also, while it's very debatable, I wouldn't consider Lesnar the best athlete to compete in mixed martial arts.

I would give that honor to Georges St. Pierre.

Edit: Okay...no, just no. It's not even a comparison when we're talking about Lesnar fighting Randy Couture when he's in his mid 40s and at a huge weight disadvantage and Shogun Rua fighting Lyoto Machida during his prime. I'm a big of fan of the Natural as anyone else but he's 3-3 in his last six fights. Let's not pretend that he's been unstoppable.

Chillez
07-06-2009, 06:42 PM
If you want to go that route then there is absolutely no way to make a fair comparison. The only reason Lesnar was able to secure any of the fights that he did was because of his name.

Though, like it is for most fighters, his first match up was what could be considered a 'can'.

I can still contribute someone to having a more difficult path. Lyoto Machida, I would say, faced just as stiff competition.

Also, while it's very debatable, I wouldn't consider Lesnar the best athlete to compete in mixed martial arts.

I would give that honor to Georges St. Pierre.

Edit: Okay...no, just no. It's not even a comparison when we're talking about Lesnar fighting Randy Couture when he's in his mid 40s and at a huge weight disadvantage and Shogun Rua fighting Lyoto Machida during his prime. I'm a big of fan of the Natural as anyone else but he's 3-3 in his last six fights. Let's not pretend that he's been unstoppable.

Than I was right and you lost. I said champions and first 4 FIGHTS.

GSP not even Brock league for being a better athlete. Brock had a contract with Minnesota Vikings and made practice squad without playing college football. They offered to play overseas He declined an invitation to play as a representative of the Vikings in NFL Europa because he wanted to be closer to home with his family. Also Brock combine numbers when tryed out where 750 pound squat, benched 225 42 times, 35 inch vert, 40 yard dash 4.6 Let me know if GSP can do that?

You are huge Brock hater get over yourself I've followed Lesnar career since 2000. I consider Brock top 5 athlete in world today for his size strength speed and endurance... :coffee:

Chillez
07-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Also like to add Brock has a 81 inch reach. Brock has 2nd biggest MMA gloves

with size 4XL.

LarryDean
07-06-2009, 06:54 PM
I cant believe some of your guys opinions on Brock Lesnar...

I think not liking the story of the person and the person himself has clouded your vision...

Brock Lesnar beat Randy Couture for the UFC heavyweight championship....:confused:

Brock Lesnar worked his butt off to get where he is today.....Nothing was giving to him...Anytime you step into the ring,octagon,field,court etc...the other person or team can beat you ...That does mean the person that lost is chopped liver and did not belong there and did not work very very hard to get where they was .....

His career in MMA is still relativeley young....For some during his career...He mite earn your respect....But in doing so he will have to fight and win and work to stay on top of the frenzied heap....Both Mir and Lesnar have alot to gain in this fight but even more to lose and both are very good at what they do regardless of outcome....Which ever one you think will win does not make your opinion of the loser less or more valid .....If Lesnar should win he beat a very good fighter...Vice Versa .....

We can go back and analyze who beat who on what night and judge each opponents worth as if we was Cus D'Amato but each fight is different and the outcome could have changed for either fighter with just one strike ...

Nightwing
07-06-2009, 07:02 PM
Than I was right and you lost. I said champions and first 4 FIGHTS.

GSP not even Brock league for being a better athlete. Brock had a contract with Minnesota Vikings and made practice squad without playing college football. They offered to play overseas He declined an invitation to play as a representative of the Vikings in NFL Europa because he wanted to be closer to home with his family. Also Brock combine numbers when tryed out where 750 pound squat, benched 225 42 times, 35 inch vert, 40 yard dash 4.6 Let me know if GSP can do that?

You are huge Brock hater get over yourself I've followed Lesnar career since 2000. I consider Brock top 5 athlete in world today for his size strength speed and endurance... :coffee:

You can flash all of the combine statistics that you want. I'd like you to counter this since you seem to think that nothing can be proven to discredit Brock Lesnar. Why, if Lesnar is such a superior athlete, is Georges St. Pierre the better wrestler? Care to explain that one? And don't try to feed me Lesnar's college record.

Georges St. Pierre, as far as mixed martial arts goes, is the superior wrestler. Let that sink in for a minute before you try to come up with anything else.

And I guess that's really the difference between us, isn't it? You've been following Lesnar's career since 2000. I follow mixed martial arts.

Chillez
07-06-2009, 07:03 PM
I cant believe some of your guys opinions on Brock Lesnar...

I think not liking the story of the person and the person himself has clouded your vision...

Brock Lesnar beat Randy Couture for the UFC heavyweight championship....:confused:

Brock Lesnar worked his butt off to get where he is today.....Nothing was giving to him...Anytime you step into the ring,octagon,field,court etc...the other person or team can beat you ...That does mean the person that lost is chopped liver and did not belong there and did not work very very hard to get where they was .....

His career in MMA is still relativeley young....For some during his career...He mite earn your respect....But in doing so he will have to fight and win and work to stay on top of the frenzied heap....Both Mir and Lesnar have alot to gain in this fight but even more to lose and both are very good at what they do regardless of outcome....Which ever one you think will win does not make your opinion of the loser less or more valid .....If Lesnar should win he beat a very good fighter...Vice Versa .....

We can go back and analyze who beat who on what night and judge each opponents worth as if we was Cus D'Amato but each fight is different and the outcome could have changed for either fighter with just one strike ...

Thank You LarryDean! Brock is a monster can not wait until July 11 expect fireworks. My odds are 60/40 for Brock. He's my athlete after Jay Cutler left Denver. He will always have my respect!!! :salute!:

He turned 130 million dollar contract from Vince to pursue a sport that he loves can't hate a man for that can you?

Chillez
07-06-2009, 07:15 PM
You can flash all of the combine statistics that you want. I'd like you to counter this since you seem to think that nothing can be proven to discredit Brock Lesnar. Why, if Lesnar is such a superior athlete, is Georges St. Pierre the better wrestler? Care to explain that one? And don't try to feed me Lesnar's college record.

Georges St. Pierre, as far as mixed martial arts goes, is the superior wrestler. Let that sink in for a minute before you try to come up with anything else.

And I guess that's really the difference between us, isn't it? You've been following Lesnar's career since 2000. I follow mixed martial arts.

I will admit GSP better at MMA know. Brock still better athlete if Brock trained

harder for NFL like MMA he easily would made it. GSP would NEVER make NFL

or any other professional sports sorry bud! :nono:

I bet I can name more MMA fighters than you. I've watched UFC since 71

and still order EVERY UFC ppv along with Affliction add strickforce and

Dream...

xX-Bronco-Xx
07-06-2009, 07:21 PM
I have nothing against Brock but I still think he got a title shot way to early.

Nightwing
07-06-2009, 07:22 PM
I will admit GSP better at MMA know. Brock still better athlete if Brock trained

harder for NFL like MMA he easily would made it. GSP would NEVER make NFL

or any other professional sports sorry bud! :nono:

I bet I can name more MMA fighters than you. I've watched UFC since 71

and still order EVERY UFC ppv along with affliction add strickforce and

Deam...

I didn't say Georges St. Pierre was the better fighter, that much anyone can see, I said that Georges St. Pierre is the better wrestler. If you want to admit that's the truth than how can you possibly claim that Lesnar is the better athlete?

You're caught up in numbers. For instance relying on Brock Lesnar's combine statistics. I'm going by what has actually been shown. Brock Lesnar had been wrestling since a very young age and GSP has surpassed him in that discipline within a couple of years. Why? Because Lesnar relies soley on his size where as GSP implements technique.

Georges St. Pierre is the better athlete. He learns at an astonishing rate and is able to put all of that into his overall game. Georges St. Pierre also played hockey when he was younger. I could easily say if 'he trained harder like he did for MMA' he would be a professional hockey player. Know why I don't? Because it's speculation and isn't remotely credible.

Furthermore, you have NO IDEA if Georges St. Pierre would have been able to compete on a professional level in another sport. All of these assumptions and speculations really do very little. We have no idea what kind of numbers GSP would be able to produce in a combine setting and I'm not going to attempt to guess. You can look at his workout videos and that should give you some idea.

I'm sure you can name plenty of mixed martial artists. Wikipedia is a great source for that, isn't it? I don't care what number PPV you started watching at or what shows you watch.

If you want to compare knowledge about it, then by all means. We can break it down into grappling and striking, if you prefer. I'm not a bad ass, nor do I think you need to compete in order to be a true fan, but I do train on a regular basis. I do it because I love it.

Chillez
07-06-2009, 07:34 PM
I have nothing against Brock but I still think he got a title shot way to early.

I agree 100% blame the promoters and Dana White.

jcdavey
07-06-2009, 07:45 PM
So your saying if Dana White offered you a title fight you would turn it down?

BTW, Name me 1 fighter that has had tuffer competition in there first 4 fights

than Brock?

Fact = Brock Lesnar UFC Heavyweight Champion!!! :smug:if you have honor, you pay your dues

simple as that my little friend

jcdavey
07-06-2009, 07:47 PM

Lyoto 'The Dragon' Machida has yet to have a title defense hes not above Randy yet put he's on his way.

P4P best fighters in the world today:
Fedor
GSP
Silva
Machida
there's a reason fedor won't sign to fight in the ufc

he's got honor, he knows dana is dirtying the sport lately

jcdavey
07-06-2009, 07:49 PM
I agree 100% blame the promoters and Dana White.you're right about that, i do blame dana more than brock

but still , ya gotta pay your dues to gain respect

right now he's mostly respected by the noob mma fan, and the wwe fans

Chillez
07-06-2009, 07:52 PM
I didn't say Georges St. Pierre was the better fighter, that much anyone can see, I said that Georges St. Pierre is the better wrestler. If you want to admit that's the truth than how can you possibly claim that Lesnar is the better athlete?

You're caught up in numbers. For instance relying on Brock Lesnar's combine statistics. I'm going by what has actually been shown. Brock Lesnar had been wrestling since a very young age and GSP has surpassed him in that discipline within a couple of years. Why? Because Lesnar relies soley on his size where as GSP implements technique.

Georges St. Pierre is the better athlete. He learns at an astonishing rate and is able to put all of that into his overall game. Georges St. Pierre also played hockey when he was younger. I could easily say if 'he trained harder like he did for MMA' he would be a professional hockey player. Know why I don't? Because it's speculation and isn't remotely credible.

Furthermore, you have NO IDEA if Georges St. Pierre would have been able to compete on a professional level in another sport. All of these assumptions and speculations really do very little. We have no idea what kind of numbers GSP would be able to produce in a combine setting and I'm not going to attempt to guess. You can look at his workout videos and that should give you some idea.

I'm sure you can name plenty of mixed martial artists. Wikipedia is a great source for that, isn't it? I don't care what number PPV you started watching at or what shows you watch.

If you want to compare knowledge about it, then by all means. We can break it down into grappling and striking, if you prefer. I'm not a bad ass, nor do I think you need to compete in order to be a true fan, but I do train on a regular basis. I do it because I love it.

I believe GSP is by far better at MMA right know. And I dont use wikipedia to

research fighters I use Sherdog daily. I am pretty sure can't see GSP in NFL,

NBA,NHL etc. Like to add on the show "Inside MMA" GSP said "Brock is by far

best athlete in MMA, He's a genetic freak and is great champion for the sport"

I do not believe GSP would put up as good stats as Brock for his weight. GSP

just a little better at wrestling than Brock put that is it. Just my :2cents:

Nightwing
07-06-2009, 07:58 PM
I believe GSP is by far better at MMA right know. And I dont use wikipedia to

research fighters I use Sherdog daily. I am pretty sure can't see GSP in NFL,

NBA,NHL etc. Like to add on the show "Inside MMA" GSP said "Brock is by far

best athlete in MMA, He's a genetic freak and is great champion for the sport"

I do not believe GSP would put up as good stats as Brock for his weight. GSP

just a little better at wrestling than Brock put that is it. Just my :2cents:

Of course Georges St. Pierre is going to say Brock Lesar is the best athlete in MMA. GSP is a very humble person, he isn't going to claim to be the best, even if it's the truth.

It's also not fair to say you can't see GSP in the NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, ect. Can you honestly see Brock Lesnar playing professional basketball? Hockey? Baseball? I can't. Football, yes, as he has already proven in the past.

As far as the stats, we'l never know, and at best we can speculate. The only judgment I make is from what he's shown while competing. And that is amazing speed, strength, and endurance, much the same as you see with Lesnar.

When it comes down to it, it's just our opinions, and neither of us are truly 'right'. That's what's so exiting about mixed martial arts, being able to discuss it like this.

And I don't hate Brock Lesnar. I respect anyone that steps into the cage/ring/octagon. I don't agree with the way that I've seen him conduct himself, but I still respect him as a fighter. And I, too, blame Dana White as far as Brock getting an early shot. Very few would turn down the offer.

Chillez
07-06-2009, 07:59 PM
you're right about that, i do blame dana more than brock

right now he's mostly respected by the noob mma fan, and the wwe fans

Calling me a noob? I been watching MMA for 6 years.... And haven't watched

WWE for 4 years. I have other favorite fighters such as Fedor, Bablu, Andrei

Arlovksi, Rampage Jackson, Forrest Griffin, Sean Sherk, Vitor Belfort just to

add a few nice try there jcdavey. :duh:

Chillez
07-06-2009, 08:07 PM
Of course Georges St. Pierre is going to say Brock Lesar is the best athlete in MMA. GSP is a very humble person, he isn't going to claim to be the best, even if it's the truth.

It's also not fair to say you can't see GSP in the NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, ect. Can you honestly see Brock Lesnar playing professional basketball? Hockey? Baseball? I can't. Football, yes, as he has already proven in the past.

As far as the stats, we'l never know, and at best we can speculate. The only judgment I make is from what he's shown while competing. And that is amazing speed, strength, and endurance, much the same as you see with Lesnar.

When it comes down to it, it's just our opinions, and neither of us are truly 'right'. That's what's so exiting about mixed martial arts, being able to discuss it like this.

And I don't hate Brock Lesnar. I respect anyone that steps into the cage/ring/octagon. I don't agree with the way that I've seen him conduct himself, but I still respect him as a fighter. And I, too, blame Dana White as far as Brock getting an early shot. Very few would turn down the offer.

Alright man it's all good thanks for the post you made. First time in a while

have to type alot trying to prove a point on Broncomaina!

Just look at my sig.

I defend Brock to the end!!!! :salute!:

LarryDean
07-06-2009, 08:30 PM

In actuality you should very much have respect for anybody that steps in the octagon ....

None of these fighters owe us anything ....

Sure with more wins the fighters fanbase will grow......Is that what you mean by gain respect ....?

Is there some magic number of wins needed to gain respect will it be the next fight,will it take the nxt 10 fights .....

Wht your saying is pretty clear but to me it seems more like a cop out for not liking the fighter more then anything else ....

Chillez
07-06-2009, 08:53 PM
In actuality you should very much have respect for anybody that steps in the octagon ....

Sure with more wins the fighters fanbase will grow......Is that what you mean by gain respect ....?

Is there some magic number of wins needed to gain respect will it be the next fight,will it take the nxt 10 fights .....

Wht your saying is pretty clear but to me it seems more like a cop out for not liking the fighter more then anything else ....

You going make your picks LarryDean? I made a post of it on 1st page. :)

jcdavey
07-06-2009, 09:07 PM

add a few nice try there jcdavey. :duh:i don't understand how you can like fedor and lesnar at the same time, they're just so different in the way they pay respect to their opponents

jcdavey
07-06-2009, 09:09 PM

Wht your saying is pretty clear but to me it seems more like a cop out for not liking the fighter more then anything else ....it's not really about wins

it's about respecting your opponent

there's alot of fighters who don't respect lesnar for the ***** way he acts

again....alot of newer fans love this wwe style that lesnar is sullying a great sport like MMA with

society in general is going downhill, lesnar's just part of that

LarryDean
07-06-2009, 09:17 PM
You going make your picks LarryDean? I made a post of it on 1st page. :)

No because I have no favorites in the sport and I really dont know who will win...

I just entered into the mix when I seen post about "dont deserve" and "Pay your Dues" "Honor"....

When anyone that has watched any type of fighting ....Knows the rise to the top and fall to the bottom greatly varies .....When they get there shot if they are rdy they take it ..... Dana thought Brock was rdy ....Brock thought Brock was rdy...People pay to see for a different reasons ....To my knowledge I think there is maybe 20 or so MMA heavyweight figthers and the majority of the fans alrdy got a good grasp of what they can do and 90% of them fighters would not be supported as the best fighter even if they beat the current best .....Sure fighter A and B mite be more deserving then fighter C ....Fighter C got his chance and won ...Very good chance its not fighter A,B,C last fight and a even better chance that fighters A,B,C will soon meet and the debate will continue...

jcdavey
07-06-2009, 09:18 PM
No because I have no favorites in the sport and I really dont know who will win...

I just entered into the mix when I seen post about "dont deserve" and "Pay your Dues" "Honor"....

When anyone that has watched any type of fighting ....Knows the rise to the top and fall to the bottom greatly varies .....When they get there shot if there rdy they take it ..... Dana thought Brock was rdy ....Brock thought Brock was rdy...People pay to see for a different reasons ....To my knowledge I think there is maybe 20 or so MMA heavyweight figthers and the majority of the fans alrdy got a good grasp of what they can do and 90% of them fighters would not be supported as the best fighter even if they beat the current best .....Sure fighter A and B mite be more deserving then fighter C ....Fighter C got his chance and won ...Very good chance its not fighter A,B,C last fight and a even better chance that fighters A,B,C will soon meet and the debate will continue...yeah and actual fighters feel the same way about the respect and the dues

i'd wager about 95% have no respect for lesnar because of the clownish way he's gone about the early part of his mma career

Chillez
07-06-2009, 09:32 PM
i don't understand how you can like fedor and lesnar at the same time, they're just so different in the way they pay respect to their opponents

So in your mind it's bad IF I like Lesnar and Fedor at the same time WOW. :incomplete:

Only time Brock disrespected his opponent was HH when his camp was saying before the fight saying to Brock this is for real and your fake Herring got what he deserved. After the Frank Mir fight said he's great fighter and he's better than me. And after he beat Randy showed him alot of respect. Sounds to me like your a sore loser!!

LarryDean
07-06-2009, 09:33 PM
it's not really about wins

it's about respecting your opponent

there's alot of fighters who don't respect lesnar for the ***** way he acts

again....alot of newer fans love this wwe style that lesnar is sullying a great sport like MMA with

society in general is going downhill, lesnar's just part of that

I dont understand the wwe part of it ... I see Greco-Roman maybe but not wwe and I just dont see Lesnar's 4 fights as the decline of MMA and civilazition as we know it .....If anything the sport needed fresh faces for fans to love to hate and to pay to see lose ....

Chillez
07-06-2009, 09:36 PM
So jcdavey it's bad in your mind if I am fan more then 1 fighter?

GridironChamp
07-07-2009, 08:40 AM
So jcdavey it's bad in your mind if I am fan more then 1 fighter?

He's saying it's strange that you like Fedor and Lesnar because they are complete
opposites. They don't act the same at all, there is no mold you could thing of
that would have both of them fit into it.

Chillez
07-07-2009, 03:28 PM
He's saying it's strange that you like Fedor and Lesnar because they are complete
opposites. They don't act the same at all, there is no mold you could thing of
that would have both of them fit into it.

Why does it matter? I like fighters the way they fight not the way they act....

GridironChamp
07-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Why does it matter? I like fighters the way they fight not the way they act....

And they don't fight the same either...

One could say the only possible reason for liking both of them is that they are
both champions and winning fights. Kind of like bandwagon fans.

ebsoria
07-07-2009, 05:47 PM

*gulp*

Someone pass the popcorn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chillez
07-07-2009, 06:53 PM

I've been fan of Brock since back in 2000 when he was at Minnesota!! On

Fedor been following his back in Pride days when he was beating everyone!!

Alot of fighters don't fight the same way bud. I am fan of many styles so

**** :hammer:

Chillez
07-07-2009, 06:58 PM
*gulp*

Someone pass the popcorn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone likes talking out of you know what.....

GridironChamp
07-07-2009, 08:38 PM
I've been fan of Brock since back in 2000 when he was at Minnesota!! On

Fedor been following his back in Pride days when he was beating everyone!!

Alot of fighters don't fight the same way bud. I am fan of many styles so

**** :hammer:

Your a fan of many styles, yet all your favs just happen to be studs or once
upon a time studs... Besides Babalu.

The old saying: Looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, acts like a duck...

jaycuthroat
07-07-2009, 10:47 PM
I really do not like the way Brock carrys himself...just watched the ufc countdown on spike and I'm pretty sure he just said he doesn't respect any of his opponents...and I will respect his fighting skills when he fights someone his size.

ebsoria
07-08-2009, 09:34 AM
Someone likes talking out of you know what.....

No, I don't know what?

Talking out of turn?

Talking out of my ass(the irony in pot calling the kettle names)?

I'm lost... I don't get it. :coffee:

SheerCold
07-08-2009, 12:15 PM
I'm an MMA fan, i'll most likely order this. My predictions are:

Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir - Brock Lesnar, I think he has a lot going for him, he gets the victory.

Georges St-Pierre vs. Thiago Alves - George St-Pierre

Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago - Paulo Thiago

Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher - Yoshihiro Akiyama. He's one of my favorites right now, so i'll give him the upper-hand.

Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping - I think Bisping will win, but I want Henderson to win.

Chillez
07-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Your a fan of many styles, yet all your favs just happen to be studs or once
upon a time studs... Besides Babalu.

The old saying: Looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, acts like a duck...

And that matters to you why...?

Your a Chiefs fan they are laughing stock of NFL they can't win anything

anymore and usual place last in AFCW. :incomplete:

Chillez
07-08-2009, 09:24 PM
No, I don't know what?

Talking out of turn?

Talking out of my ass(the irony in pot calling the kettle names)?

I'm lost... I don't get it. :coffee:

3rd choice you listed there!!

I know you probley would not understand that... :smug:

GridironChamp
07-08-2009, 10:23 PM
And that matters to you why...?

Your a Chiefs fan they are laughing stock of NFL they can't win anything

anymore and usual place last in AFCW. :incomplete:

Uh oh, someone is getting defensive... :smug:

BTW, how'd that game at Arrowhead go last year :confused:

Chillez
07-08-2009, 11:30 PM
Uh oh, someone is getting defensive... :smug:

BTW, how'd that game at Arrowhead go last year :confused:

Ok so we went 1-1 against Chiefs last year. I just hate fact you say I only like good fighters which is complete crap.You can more than likely say same thing for most MMA fans.

Put for Brock Lesnar could lose rest of MMA fights and still will be a fan for life. May I ask you why think that?

jcdavey
07-09-2009, 05:43 PM
hilarious - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ7pBfSe9eU

Chillez
07-09-2009, 07:08 PM

That was pretty funny. I hope your here after UFC 100 and Lesnar becomes UFC

Undisputed Heavyweight Champion!!! :beer:

OaklandxxRaider
07-10-2009, 01:21 PM

add a few nice try there jcdavey. :duh:

This is the 2nd time ive sen you mention how long you've been watching MMA. Uhhh... so what?!?! Ive literally been watching since the very first UFC event. Not sure what your point is, other than " I know more about MMA than you!!!"... but whatever. And by the way, brock will lose to mir yet again. :)

ebsoria
07-10-2009, 01:40 PM

That was great! Brock looked like he had been sittin in the fake 'n bake too long... and then he knocked down a door that was propped up?!?! LMAO! Let's see that temper come out in the fight and leave something open for Mir to twist off again!!!

jcdavey
07-10-2009, 01:45 PM
That was pretty funny. I hope your here after UFC 100 and Lesnar becomes UFC

Undisputed Heavyweight Champion!!! :beer:i'll be here either way

remember i picked lesnar

i just hope i'm wrong! lol

he needs alot more humbling! and a tougher road to climb than having things handed to him

OaklandxxRaider
07-10-2009, 02:04 PM
I just got done watching a video of lesnar training for this fight tomorrow.... and i will say, it APPEARS that brock's striking has improved from what it used to be, and his ground game has improved also. Of course, im just goin by what i saw in the video, which doesnt necessarily translate to the octagon.

Chillez
07-10-2009, 02:11 PM
I just got done watching a video of lesnar training for this fight tomorrow.... and i will say, it APPEARS that brock's striking has improved from what it used to be, and his ground game has improved also. Of course, im just goin by what i saw in the video, which doesnt necessarily translate to the octagon.

He is improving little by little in striking he got some great trainers at his

camp he brings in.

I will make a Sig bet with you?

OaklandxxRaider
07-10-2009, 02:13 PM
He is improving little by little in striking he got some great trainers at his

camp he brings in.

I will make a Sig bet with you?

Ok, ill take a sig bet with ya. Let me know what kind of bet you want to have.

Chillez
07-10-2009, 02:18 PM
Ok, ill take a sig bet with ya. Let me know what kind of bet you want to have.

Alright PM me for one want me to use IF I lose. I'll do the same

OaklandxxRaider
07-10-2009, 02:20 PM
Alright PM me for one want me to use IF I lose. I'll do the same

I just replied to your PM. I dont really have a sig for you to use, but im sure i can find one... if you lose the bet that is.

jcdavey
07-10-2009, 04:41 PM
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/926/tjgrantufc100.jpg

UFC 100 Weigh-ins

Brock Lesnar = 265
Frank Mir = 245

GSP = 170
Thiago Alves = 170

Dan Henderson = 185
Michael Bisping = 186

Yoshihiro Akiyama = 185
Alan Belcher = 206

Jon Fitch = 170
Paulo Thiago = 170

Mark Coleman = 205
Stephan Bonnar = 205

Mac Danzig = 154
Jim Miller = 155

Jon Jones = 206
Jake O'Brien = 206

Dong Hyun Kim = 171
TJ Grant = 170

Dollaway = 186
Lawlor = 184

grice = 155
gugerty = 156

Nightwing
07-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Just watched the UFC 100 Weight-In special, just a few thoughts:

I wasn't sure that Thiago Alves was going to make weight. Given that it's a title fight he can't even come in an ounce over pretty much. He did though, spot on.

Georges St. Pierre's elbow had some pretty bad inflammation. Literally looked like a golf ball was sewn under his skin. Word is that it's bursitis, I'm no medical expert, just going by what I've geard. People with far better knowledge than me are saying it shouldn't make a difference on the fight.

Frank Mir came in at 245, the lightest I've ever seen him, and he was absolutely shredded. I've never seen him in that kind of shape. I think the questions about his cardio will be answered. A dedicated and conditioned Mir is a threat to any heavyweight.

Brock came in exactly on weight, I think he said he was at 275 a week ago, so he probably only cut the ten pounds. He could be playing it up to hype the fight, either that or Mir really got under his skin. He pretty much left right after the weight ins and didn't want to interview. Understandable, he's like that most of the time. He also tried to leave the press conference twice yesterday with Dana having to tell him to sit back down.

ebsoria
07-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Wait a second... Belcher came in at 206? What class are they fighting in?

jcdavey
07-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Wait a second... Belcher came in at 206? What class are they fighting in?that was a little surprising yeah , unless the live ufc stream listed it wrong

jcdavey
07-10-2009, 05:28 PM
ah the video posted it wrong, it is indeed 186

ebsoria
07-10-2009, 05:31 PM
that was a little surprising yeah , unless the live ufc stream listed it wrong

ah the video posted it wrong, it is indeed 186

:laugh:

I was gonna say... one of them didn't realize what class they were fighting in!!

And I saw the clip of the Mir/Lesnar weight in... shyat Mir looked unlike I've ever seen him!!! Ripped and shredded like nightwing said. :eek:

jcdavey
07-10-2009, 06:09 PM
:laugh:

I was gonna say... one of them didn't realize what class they were fighting in!!

And I saw the clip of the Mir/Lesnar weight in... shyat Mir looked unlike I've ever seen him!!! Ripped and shredded like nightwing said. :eek:yes, mir indeed looks the best ever, and brock looks pissed

i hope that makes him screw up

Chillez
07-10-2009, 09:36 PM
I gotta admit Mir looks Ripped and shredded I just became a little more nervous for the fight. :sad:

Please win Brock!!!! :salute!:

GridironChamp
07-11-2009, 09:15 AM
It appears Mir is finally in shape, and for a HW he is quite ripped, and has what
apprears to be respectable stand up now. His kickboxing and boxing is very crisp
and technical, all his punches are straight which is tailor-made for beating a
stronger, bigger guys.

Nightwing
07-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Heading off to a friend's house to get ready to watch the PPV, see you guys once it's over. And if Mir and GSP both lose? I might be crying, haha. Anyways hope all of you come back to have a post-PPV discussion.:salute:

GridironChamp
07-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Heading off to a friend's house to get ready to watch the PPV, see you guys once it's over. And if Mir and GSP both lose? I might be crying, haha. Anyways hope all of you come back to have a post-PPV discussion.:salute:

I'll bumble on sometime tomorrow :laugh:

My full picks:

Gugerty
Dollaway
Kim
Jones
Danzig
Colemen
Akiyama
Henderson
Fitch
Pierre
Mir

jcdavey
07-11-2009, 06:16 PM
so far -

-Jon Jones def. Jake O'Brien by Submission (D'Arce Choke) at 2:43, R2
-Dong-Hyun Kim def. T.J. Grant by Unanimous Decision (30-26 3x)
-Tom Lawlor def. CB Dollaway by Submission (Guillotine Choke) at :55, R1
-Matt Grice def. Shannon Gugerty by Submission (Guillotine Choke) at 2:36, R1 (i think gugerty won this one and mmaweekly listed it wrong!)

lotsa subs

my boss's fighter lost (dammit!) but that kim guy is good, oh well

see you guys after the rest of the fights!

#1snake_fan
07-11-2009, 07:03 PM
i'm going with

GSP & Frank Mir (1-0 Vs. Lesnar)

Lesnar is the bigger and probably stronger of the two but he lost his first fight in the UFC to Frank Mir and Brock will try and show that it was a fluke and that's why he'll loose. he'll be to worried about not making the same mistakes twice and leave an opening and Bam your Winner and NEW UFC Heavyweight Champion of the world Frank Mir

Mir V. Lesnar - 5th round Mir wins by Submission

GSP V. Alves - 2nd round GSP wins by KO

jaycuthroat
07-11-2009, 09:45 PM
I gotta admit Mir looks Ripped and shredded I just became a little more nervous for the fight. :sad:

Please win Brock!!!! :salute!:

After watching that, how the f*ck can u like/respect brock?

DenverSpark
07-11-2009, 09:51 PM
After watching that, how the f*ck can u like/respect brock?

Honestly.

I mean, not touching gloves is pretty low, but did he have to talk **** like that afterwords?

Absolutely no respect for that guy. Pretty disgusting.

Nightwing
07-11-2009, 09:56 PM
I'm here after settling down a little from the after effects of UFC 100.

Let me start off by giving Lesnar props for the way that he handled the fight. He went in with a gameplan, stuck to it, didn't spaz out and fought a good fight. He won and he deserved the win.

With that said, I don't agree with his antics. Flipping the fans off was uncalled. Calling out bud light in that way will not sit well with Lorenzo or Dana as bud light is an official sponsor for the UFC.

I don't like the way Lesnar conducts himself in and out of the cage. I have no idea what he's like when the cameras are off. He could be a completely different person. My judgment is based off only what I see.

Lesnar will bring in more buyrates and viewers. People will pay to see him lose. In that way he's beneficial for MMA.

However, he isn't the kind of person that I would to represent mixed martial arts. I look to Georges St. Pierre and Fedor as examples for the way that a champion should conduct themselves.

jcdavey
07-11-2009, 09:58 PM
good job by lesnar but seriously

**** lesnar lol

i hope someone takes him out soon, that pushed-to-the-front-of-the-line baga******!

how about KO of the night with hendo? AWESOME shot

and GSP is GSP, too smart, and too good

jcdavey
07-11-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm here after settling down a little from the after effects of UFC 100.

Let me start off by giving Lesnar props for the way that he handled the fight. He went in with a gameplan, stuck to it, didn't spaz out and fought a good fight. He won and he deserved the win.

With that said, I don't agree with his antics. Flipping the fans off was uncalled. Calling out bud light in that way will not sit well with Lorenzo or Dana as bud light is an official sponsor for the UFC.

I don't like the way Lesnar conducts himself in and out of the cage. I have no idea what he's like when the cameras are off. He could be a completely different person. My judgment is based off only what I see.

Lesnar will bring in more buyrates and viewers. People will pay to see him lose. In that way he's beneficial for MMA.

However, he isn't the kind of person that I would to represent mixed martial arts. I look to Georges St. Pierre and Fedor as examples for the way that a champion should conduct themselves.dana wanted this, he wanted an attention whore as HW champ

maybe he's trying to lure fedor into ufc by presenting someone so disrespectful to the sport that fedor will want to personally slash the guy's throat.

that said, i will say i was impressed that brock didn't fight stupid this time

he's not technically sound in the octagon AT ALL, but he is at least getting smarter

jaycuthroat
07-11-2009, 10:03 PM
good job by lesnar but seriously

**** lesnar lol

i hope someone takes him out soon, that pushed-to-the-front-of-the-line baga******!

how about KO of the night with hendo? AWESOME shot

and GSP is GSP, too smart, and too good

Ya Hendos k.o was the highlight of my night...and gsp I dislike him bcuz I'm a bj penn fan but he is amazing

jcdavey
07-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Ya Hendos k.o was the highlight of my night...and gsp I dislike him bcuz I'm a bj penn fan but he is amazingdude same here, hendo shutting up bisping makes this ppv a highlight for me despite lesnar winning

what an awesome awesome ko by hendo

Nightwing
07-11-2009, 10:20 PM
dude same here, hendo shutting up bisping makes this ppv a highlight for me despite lesnar winning

what an awesome awesome ko by hendo

Seriously. Hendo just about decapitated him, it was one of the better KOs I've seen in awhile, if not the best.

Serious props to GSP for being able to finish the fight with a pulled groin or worse.

jcdavey
07-11-2009, 10:29 PM
i was pretty surprised that gsp was able to take alves down as easily as he did, i mean alves blocked a few and still ended up taken down, gsp is strong damn

and i was surprised alves didn't really get one good headkick or punch in , i expected him to rattle gsp at least once that fight, but nope

Chillez
07-12-2009, 01:24 AM
After watching that, how the f*ck can u like/respect Brock?

I doubt you wacth the countdown show for all **** Mir was saying he said Brock punched like a girl and doesn't belong in the sport and is a joke to MMA. Sorry put Mir need to be humbled and just got smashed and ate his words...

WAR BROCK!!!! :salute!:

jcdavey
07-12-2009, 01:31 AM
I doubt you wacth the countdown show for all **** Mir was saying he said Brock punched like a girl and doesn't belong in the sport and is a joke to MMA. Sorry put Mir need to be humbled and just got smashed and ate his words...

WAR BROCK!!!! :salute!:brock has no respect for anyone , it's not just mir

the guy is the worst thing for the ufc ever

thank goodness he can only pollute that one weight division

Chillez
07-12-2009, 01:47 AM
brock has no respect for anyone , it's not just mir

the guy is the worst thing for the ufc ever

thank goodness he can only pollute that one weight division

I guess you did not see the Randy fight or 1st Mir/Lesnar fight when Brock said after the loss hes better fighter than me and I lost.

y2cragie
07-12-2009, 05:00 AM
Ignoring the Lesnar subject, thats one of the you love him or hate him things and you cant change said persons opinion.

Is GSP the best fighter on the planet as it stands? I cant think of anyone who could take a fight to him in his class. I know he said moving up would be a challenge, but I dont think it would be as tough as he makes out. Never seen someone gut out a torn groin muscle and still be the guy on the attack. Absolutely incredible fighter.

jaycuthroat
07-12-2009, 08:06 AM

Idc what smack he said before the fight everyone talks a little...but that sh*t he pulled shows he's a classless peice of garbage

Nightwing
07-12-2009, 09:25 AM

For me personally it wasn't about the way that Brock acted towards Mir. I can understand his attitude towards that, they had a pretty heated rivalry. He could have handled himself better there but again, I'm not faulting him for that.

It's more about the other things that he did. Flipping off the fans was unnecessary. Yes, they were booing him, because that was the response he wanted. But I think about it like this. UFC 100 is/was suppose to be their greatest PPV, right? If that's true and even more people tuned in than usual, some of them might have been first time watchers. What kind of image is it going to leave them if they see a fighter who disrespects the fans, his opponent, and the company he works for? Mixed martial arts has been fighting to get away from that kind of stereotype for awhile. Personally, for me, it just isn't the image I want for new fans to have. Or for the public to have.

The sponsor thing, while a lot of people find it amusing and it might have been, was just out of line. Bud Light is one of the UFC's largest sponsors and it took awhile for Dana White and Lorenzo Fertitta to land that deal. Who knows how many hours they spent trying to get such a huge sponsor in place? So for Brock to come out and blast one of the companies main sponsors was immature and uncalled for. From what I understand Dana White had a talk with him in the lockerroom and he then apologized in a post-fight interview.

A lot of people still don't see MMA as being legitimate, especially some boxing purists, and I think that definitely didn't help. Still, Lesnar is going to sell more PPVs just because people want to see him get beat, so that's a positive.

I respect Lesnar as a fighter, I have no respect for the way he conducts himself in the cage. When he's not in the 'zone' and in his fighting mentality, he seems to be a respectful, intelligent, and humble guy.

y2cragie
07-12-2009, 09:39 AM
Nightwing I couldn't agree more.
The trash talking was more than fair enough, even after the fight. Its part of the game and sets the scene for a rematch down the line if it ever happens.
The middle fingers to the fans, that was completely unneeded. This isn't the WWE, fans wont pay to be treated like that and he needs to remember that. Nothing wrong with the hand waving and encouraging he did, as having a bad guy for champion will make for some interesting shows in the future.
The question is, is there anyone out there that can beat him? With every fight you can see the huge improvements in his abilities. Fedor might be signed soon to the UFC, maybe an end of year fight between the two? early new years.

Freestyle
07-12-2009, 11:07 AM
Mir landed a couple of those knees but for the most part Brock dominated and didn't make the same mistake twice.

That being said he's a ******. I don't mind trash talking to some degree but it's not hard to see why the crowd turned on him.

Henderson knockout was sweet. Bisping practically moved right into his right and ate it.

GSP showing why he's labeled best pound for pound. Despite pulling his groin in the third he kept taking Alves down. Alves got up a lot but he couldn't keep GSP standing.

Entertaining PPV. :beer:

xX-Bronco-Xx
07-12-2009, 11:10 AM
That knock out by Hendo might have been the best thing I have ever seen lmao. And to frost the cake the man does a flying elbow which was more like a flying arm right on the already unconscious Bisping's face lmao that sooo made my night.

The Brock Lesnar fight was viscous too where at the end he just kept punching faster and faster each hit wow did those look like it hurt.

jcdavey
07-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Nightwing I couldn't agree more.
The trash talking was more than fair enough, even after the fight. Its part of the game and sets the scene for a rematch down the line if it ever happens.
The middle fingers to the fans, that was completely unneeded. This isn't the WWE, fans wont pay to be treated like that and he needs to remember that. Nothing wrong with the hand waving and encouraging he did, as having a bad guy for champion will make for some interesting shows in the future.
The question is, is there anyone out there that can beat him? With every fight you can see the huge improvements in his abilities. Fedor might be signed soon to the UFC, maybe an end of year fight between the two? early new years.and that is why the HW div is now the wwe

people talking in terms of heels and faces lol

HuskerBronco7
07-12-2009, 11:44 AM
I hated Bisping from watching the ultimate Fighter, and the whole whining about training times, and squirting water in someones face like a baby, and Hendo's knockout was a complete payback. that was my fight of the night.

I like Lesnar, I was glad he won.

But I think its settled GSP is the greatest fighter in the UFC.....Man would I love to see Anderson Silva vs. GSP that would be a great fight.:salute:

GridironChamp
07-12-2009, 11:48 AM
I went 8 n 3 as far s picking the fights, so thats solid I suppose. I'm really upset
with Mir, because as I thought he could win the standup, but he kept
making stupid decesions and getting into bad spots on the ground. You have
to keep Lesnar in your full guard in the middle of the ring. The rolling heel hook
was just stupid IMHO and the flying knee by the cage was even dumber. I really
want to see Mir / Lesnar 3 because although it appeared Lesnar "dominated" Mir,
Mir was winning standing and wasn't a cake takedown for Lesnar.

GSP disappointed me by not being able to finish Alves, but he did look to be in
a lot of pain and discomfort after the fight. Again, as I called GSP was able
to out box Alves from outside and take Alves down when he got inside. I thought
it was going to be over when he knocked him down but I think GSP hurt his groin
in that sequence as well.

Hendo was loading that right all fight long, and if he hadn't have connect I think
Bisping could have outpointed him... Thankfully that didn't happen and he KTFO
Bisping then landed the flying forearm to "Make sure he keeps his mouth shut" :laugh:

I wished they would have shown Jon Jones fight :mad: or at least whichever
undercard fight was the one that left the whole damn ring splattered in blood.

Oh, and I'm not sure it was just lost in the language barrier, but to me GSP didn't
seem very excited or willing to move up to fight Anderson Silva. He said he
doesn't fight to be the Champion, because he is, but to be the best P4P but
when asked about moving up he gave a long beat-around-the-bush answer
that sounded to me like "Silva fights at 205, he is a ****ing animal, it's not
really worth it for me to go up and fight him".

y2cragie
07-12-2009, 11:59 AM
and that is why the HW div is now the wwe

people talking in terms of heels and faces lol

Lets face it. The HW division needs something to get the interest going. It's at its lowest point for interest as far as I'm concerned for a long time. Brock timed his entry quite well in the UFC, a lot of the big names are starting to get up their in terms of age and being past their best, the division is short on true contenders with no one really waiting in the wings if White cant sign Fedor. As someone who earned a blackbelt in judo I can see why people would perhaps be annoyed at the lack of respect displayed at times, especially in the octagon. But I also think to myself, Dana has pretty much given Brock the key to do whatever he wants most of the time, and he's a guy that perhaps is going to take advantage of that. I also cant help but think, privately White is loving it. Yeah he says he has had a word in Brocks ear, chewed him out whatever, but I bet he's also said, your bringing in the money keep it up.

LarryDean
07-12-2009, 12:13 PM
I like Brock Lesnar ... The way he carries himself does not bother me ....

I thought his after pc was well done and pretty explantory .... I like when he said me and Dana went and had a whip the dog session....

I think he is beatable because of the type of sport ..... However who and when that will be does not appear in sight ...

I think he is good for the sport .... No matter if you like him or hate'em ...

He is a legimate champion and that is the thrill of his defeat ....

Down goes Frazier (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9q7mvc6bsY&feature=fvw)

jcdavey
07-12-2009, 12:39 PM
With his clown-show antics, Brock Lesnar just became the greatest villain in modern fighting. From refusing to tap gloves prefight in a sportsmanlike ritual to this over-the-top rant that came right out of the silly wrestling circus.

“Straight WWE,” said a stunned Dana White, the president of the UFC. “Brock went so far over the top tonight I can’t even describe it. I don’t think in the history of the UFC we’ve ever done anything like that.”

Postfight, White pushed his way into Lesnar’s crowded locker room and took the big guy into the bathroom for a private “discussion.” Lesnar himself described it as “a whip-the-dog session.”

“With women in here you don’t want to know what I said,” White said. It worked, Brock showed up at the press conference smiling, supposedly contrite and even drinking a Bud Light.

“First and foremost I want to apologize,” Lesnar said. “I acted very unprofessionally after the fight. I screwed up and I apologize. I apologize to Bud Light. I’m not biased, I drink any beer.”

It was mostly a chance for laugh lines, but it was still an apology. Lesnar said the pent-up energy of avenging a loss to Mir caused him to go crazy. “I’m a sore loser,” he said. “I don’t like to get beat. I believe I gave that fight to him. So there was a lot of emotion in this fight for me.

“Man, I was so jacked up. I’m used to selling pay-per-view tickets. I come from a business that is purely the entertainment business.”

good to see dana white put that ahole in his place

now maybe brock will stop making the ufc a wwe circus!

see guys...dana agrees with me :D

takes a big man to apologize, good job brock

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=dw-lesnar071209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Senses Fail
07-12-2009, 08:48 PM
good to see dana white put that ahole in his place

now maybe brock will stop making the ufc a wwe circus!

see guys...dana agrees with me :D

takes a big man to apologize, good job brock

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=dw-lesnar071209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I'm glad Dana has already taken care of this.. Theres nothing wrong with a little smack talk or rivalry, but Brock took it to far. Even though I thought his after speech was funny.

But I agree the sport doesnt need to turn into the wwe.

jcdavey
07-12-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm glad Dana has already taken care of this.. Theres nothing wrong with a little smack talk or rivalry, but Brock took it to far. Even though I thought his after speech was funny.

But I agree the sport doesnt need to turn into the wwe.hopefully dana's nipped it in the bud and brock shows opponents respect from now on, that would be great

ya gotta tap gloves, at the least

sneakers
07-12-2009, 10:40 PM
http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/042909/ultimate-hugging-championship.gif

JakeNbake
07-12-2009, 10:44 PM
http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/042909/ultimate-hugging-championship.gif

You my friend, ARE THE WINNER

Senses Fail
07-13-2009, 01:15 AM
hopefully dana's nipped it in the bud and brock shows opponents respect from now on, that would be great

ya gotta tap gloves, at the least

Hopefully thats the way it goes, but I dont mind a little rivalry. A little disrespect is fine (its expected), but at the same time not taking it to far (brock did)..

I agree about the gloves part. :salute!:

OaklandxxRaider
07-13-2009, 05:13 AM
I was pretty impressed with the ppv as a whole. While i think it didnt quite live up to the hype, i also think there were some great fights. GSP is a beast in his weight class, and i think now all thats left for him is to move up to 205, and fight silva. Man what a fight that would be. I absolutely loved the henderson knock out... what a shot that was. Caught bisping right on the jaw, and put his loud mouth ass to sleep. That made the ppv for me. Then there was the lesnar fight. Brock has definitely tightened up his skills, especially the stand up. When he hit mir with those couple of leg kicks, i knew right away that he's slowly becoming better with his fighting skill. As for the trash talk to mir after the fight, i was actually not that upset with it. IMO, mir started the trash talk, and we all know lesnar is a hot head. IMHO, mir deserved just a little trash talk back... although, if you look at mir's face after brock walked away, mir looks PISSED. Thats why i know a 3rd fight is coming sooner or later. All in all, a good ppv. My question is now... who's left for brock to fight in the HW division? Id really love to see fedor get signed in the UFC, because fedor vs. brock would be one hell of a match.

OaklandxxRaider
07-13-2009, 05:22 AM
Also, about brock not touching gloves... thats actually not the first time ive seen that happen. Ive also seen tito ortiz do the same thing. While it is majorly disrespectful, its not mandatory that the fighters touch gloves. I respect brock as a fighter, but i really do think he needs a little more humble pie, and he should respect the tradition of MMA.

jcdavey
07-13-2009, 08:51 AM
Hopefully thats the way it goes, but I dont mind a little rivalry. A little disrespect is fine (its expected), but at the same time not taking it to far (brock did)..

I agree about the gloves part. :salute!:i just hope dana can knock that wwe mentality out of him over time

it's no good for a respectful sport like MMA

it may get the retarded fans there but it's just not good

Nightwing
07-13-2009, 12:56 PM
http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii326/MirJitsu/347fcpl.jpg

OaklandxxRaider
07-13-2009, 12:58 PM

Damn thats funny!!! :laugh:

jcdavey
07-13-2009, 01:02 PM

lmao

man i feel bad for bisping, it's within the rules, but that last shot, damn

OaklandxxRaider
07-13-2009, 01:09 PM
Ok, so i have a question for the rest of you MMA fans... if it ever happens, which i think it will... who wins... fedor? Or brock? I have mixed feelings about it, however, ive been on the fedor wagon ever since i found about him. The dude is a monster. Obviously, brock is a physical monster, and his skills just seems to get better with every fight... so, who wins?

Nightwing
07-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Ok, so i have a question for the rest of you MMA fans... if it ever happens, which i think it will... who wins... fedor? Or brock? I have mixed feelings about it, however, ive been on the fedor wagon ever since i found about him. The dude is a monster. Obviously, brock is a physical monster, and his skills just seems to get better with every fight... so, who wins?

Again, I'm not trying to hate on Brock, the guy is a legit fighter and has proven so. I don't think he can hang with Fedor. Brock admitted that a knee from Mir had him seeing stars for a second and Fedor has some of the heaviest hands I've ever seen. Standing I'd give the edge to Fedor. We've also seen how off the charts Fedor's ground game is. If Fedor was able to lock in any kind of choke it's over. I'd vote Fedor but give Lesnar a decent shot at winning too

jcdavey
07-13-2009, 01:26 PM
Ok, so i have a question for the rest of you MMA fans... if it ever happens, which i think it will... who wins... fedor? Or brock? I have mixed feelings about it, however, ive been on the fedor wagon ever since i found about him. The dude is a monster. Obviously, brock is a physical monster, and his skills just seems to get better with every fight... so, who wins?i think brock will lay on him and just punch till the ref stops the fight

unless fedor can somehow pop him or break his leg

OaklandxxRaider
07-13-2009, 01:47 PM
Again, I'm not trying to hate on Brock, the guy is a legit fighter and has proven so. I don't think he can hang with Fedor. Brock admitted that a knee from Mir had him seeing stars for a second and Fedor has some of the heaviest hands I've ever seen. Standing I'd give the edge to Fedor. We've also seen how off the charts Fedor's ground game is. If Fedor was able to lock in any kind of choke it's over. I'd vote Fedor but give Lesnar a decent shot at winning too

See, thats the thing. Fedor not only has heavy hands, but some of the most aggressive ground work ive ever seen. I would have to give it to fedor, mainly because i think he would give brock more than he could handle, either standing or on the ground.

OaklandxxRaider
07-13-2009, 01:50 PM
i think brock will lay on him and just punch till the ref stops the fight

unless fedor can somehow pop him or break his leg

I dont think brock would have it that easy. Fedor is good on the ground. Like when he fought that big dude canseco fought... cho i think his last name was... that dude also just tried to lay on top and punch away, which ended up in fedor putting him in an armbar, and winning the match. Honestly, brock hasnt faced a man like fedor yet.

Senses Fail
07-13-2009, 02:29 PM
I dont think brock would have it that easy. Fedor is good on the ground. Like when he fought that big dude canseco fought... cho i think his last name was... that dude also just tried to lay on top and punch away, which ended up in fedor putting him in an armbar, and winning the match. Honestly, brock hasnt faced a man like fedor yet.

It was this fight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3QzX1ZadJM) your talking about. :salute:

You said Fedor is good on the ground, but so is Frank Mir & Brock shut down his ground game. Thats also something to think about tho... IMO Fedor could take Brock just because he's a beast! :D

ebsoria
07-13-2009, 02:52 PM
It was this fight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3QzX1ZadJM) your talking about. :salute:

You said Fedor is good on the ground, but so is Frank Mir & Brock shut down his ground game. Thats also something to think about tho... IMO Fedor could take Brock just because he's a beast! :D

Man... Fedor looks like a child next to Cho. But, did you see how quick he gto both of those armbars??

Senses Fail
07-13-2009, 03:29 PM
Man... Fedor looks like a child next to Cho. But, did you see how quick he gto both of those armbars??

Of course, its shows technique over strength. If Fedor didnt have any ground game he would of just been gnp'd all day.

I'm not surprised he won with an armbar, Cho was being reckless swinging in Fedors guard.

xX-Bronco-Xx
07-13-2009, 03:35 PM

The thing is though Choi is not that good like at all.

I honestly don't know because I think Brock could overpower Fedor but Fedor is one tough son of a gun (that slam he got hit with and still managed to win wow) plus Fedor has ridiculous hands that just come at you from anywhere.

I honestly don't know and I would love to see it soon.

LarryDean
07-13-2009, 03:39 PM

Nasty ....

:rockon:

ebsoria
07-13-2009, 03:47 PM
I honestly don't know and I would love to see it soon.

Well, Fedor's last current contracted fight with Affliciton is August 01. Dana said he'll get him. If he does... 3 - 4 months out? Maybe as early as the first few weeks of November or they put him and Brock on the last card of the year for a big year end blowout.

We;ll know by about mid-August I'd suspect. Because if Dana does indeed get Fedor it's with the promise of his first fight being Brock.

xX-Bronco-Xx
07-13-2009, 03:50 PM
Well, Fedor's last current contracted fight with Affliciton is August 01. Dana said he'll get him. If he does... 3 - 4 months out? Maybe as early as the first few weeks of November or they put him and Brock on the last card of the year for a big year end blowout.

We;ll know by about mid-August I'd suspect. Because if Dana does indeed get Fedor it's with the promise of his first fight being Brock.

Damn I didn't think it would be that soon :laugh: I was thinking along the lines of a year or two but this is great news. :rockon:

jcdavey
07-13-2009, 04:01 PM

We;ll know by about mid-August I'd suspect. Because if Dana does indeed get Fedor it's with the promise of his first fight being Brock.i wouldn't be surprised if it's a one time special ppv event

ebsoria
07-13-2009, 04:04 PM
i wouldn't be surprised if it's a one time special ppv event

Huh? :confused: How would that work?

jcdavey
07-13-2009, 04:12 PM
Huh? :confused: How would that work?a ppv centered around that fight

just saying i wouldn't be surprised if fedor doesn't want to join ufc, but would sign for a 1 time fight, and i think dana would pimp it out as Lesnar vs Fedor rather than ufc xxx

not sure dana would agree to that but he seems intent on making the fight happen

non title fight of course, i don't think fedor would want to fight for a title he hasn't earned a shot at

ebsoria
07-13-2009, 05:15 PM
a ppv centered around that fight

just saying i wouldn't be surprised if fedor doesn't want to join ufc, but would sign for a 1 time fight, and i think dana would pimp it out as Lesnar vs Fedor rather than ufc xxx

not sure dana would agree to that but he seems intent on making the fight happen

non title fight of course, i don't think fedor would want to fight for a title he hasn't earned a shot at

Ah.... that's what you mean. So, to you, in Fedor's eyes, it would be like the original NFL/AFL championship. Best from each promotion fight to be called the best HW?

jcdavey
07-13-2009, 05:19 PM
Ah.... that's what you mean. So, to you, in Fedor's eyes, it would be like the original NFL/AFL championship. Best from each promotion fight to be called the best HW?i just have this feeling that fedor isn't going to want to be a ****** and cut to the front of the line, that's all

for enough money though, good guys have been known to abandon their beliefs lol

ebsoria
07-13-2009, 05:30 PM
i just have this feeling that fedor isn't going to want to be a ****** and cut to the front of the line, that's all

for enough money though, good guys have been known to abandon their beliefs lol

Is it really "cutting to the front of the line"? I mean... he's the #1 man in Affliction. He's beaten the best there is where he's at. Many in the know in the sport consider him the best HW at the moment... so why not take that shot if given? He has earned it. If not directly in the UFC then in MMA at the least.

jcdavey
07-13-2009, 05:56 PM
Is it really "cutting to the front of the line"? I mean... he's the #1 man in Affliction. He's beaten the best there is where he's at. Many in the know in the sport consider him the best HW at the moment... so why not take that shot if given? He has earned it. If not directly in the UFC then in MMA at the least.it's the definition of cutting to the front , it's even worse than what dana did for lesnar , alot worse

but for alot of money, i wouldn't doubt him doing it

jcdavey
07-13-2009, 06:00 PM
as good as fedor is, if he were to win the title in his first ufc fight, that's just wrong IMO

despite me liking fedor alot, after said fight i'd be like

"this guy , his first fight in the ufc being a title shot

that's just disrespecting every other guy who paid his dues in the ufc's HW division"

mma is about respect, you bring in a guy and give him an instant shot, it's dana doing what he says he hates, turning it into wwe

xX-Bronco-Xx
07-13-2009, 06:02 PM
as good as fedor is, if he were to win the title in his first ufc fight, that's just wrong IMO

despite me liking fedor alot, after said fight i'd be like

"this guy , his first fight in the ufc being a title shot

that's just disrespecting every other guy who paid his dues in the ufc's HW division"

mma is about respect, you bring in a guy and give him an instant shot, it's dana doing what he says he hates, turning it into wwe

This is completely different then the Brock Lesnar situation though. Fedor has paid his dues he's rated as the best HW fighter in the world unlike Brock who just came in as hype. Putting in Fedor would be totally different for me and I wouldn't be apposed to him getting a title shot on his first match.

jcdavey
07-13-2009, 06:04 PM
This is completely different then the Brock Lesnar situation though. Fedor has paid his dues he's rated as the best HW fighter in the world unlike Brock who just came in as hype. Putting in Fedor would be totally different for me and I wouldn't be apposed to him getting a title shot on his first match.you have a point, it is different BUT

he hasn't paid his dues in the ufc, and i believe he'd be taking a crap on those HWs

i'd love seeing the fight, i'd just feel it's crapping on the UFC HW's (at least the ones fedor HASN'T fought)

jcdavey
07-13-2009, 06:05 PM
another arguement against me of course would be the clock is ticking on both these guys

they ain't gettin any younger

xX-Bronco-Xx
07-13-2009, 06:09 PM
you have a point, it is different BUT

he hasn't paid his dues in the ufc, and i believe he'd be taking a crap on those HWs

i'd love seeing the fight, i'd just feel it's crapping on the UFC HW's (at least the ones fedor HASN'T fought)

Imo it wouldn't be a big deal. Rampage got a title shot against Liddelll in his second UFC fight, Dan Henderson got a title shot against Rampage in his debut. All I have to say though is that when the time does come oh boy will I be cheering hard.

jcdavey
07-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Imo it wouldn't be a big deal. Rampage got a title shot against Liddelll in his second UFC fight, Dan Henderson got a title shot against Rampage in his debut. All I have to say though is that when the time does come oh boy will I be cheering hard.well then there certainly is a precedant set i guess

OaklandxxRaider
07-14-2009, 04:27 AM
Id just be happy to see fedor in the HW division of the UFC. If it means fighting his way up, im all for it. I dont know a single heavyweight in the UFC, other than brock, that would give fedor a challenge.

ebsoria
07-14-2009, 07:22 AM
jc-

I understand where you're coming from in seeing Fedor work his way up. Brock didn't and there is huge mma fan backlash. However.... re-read that.... mma fan backlash. I think most mma fans would not mind seeing Fedor and Brock. They want to see th ebest compete with the best. Fedor has beaten some of the HW guys in UFC already. He's beaten the best of the best. He is considered the best. In his way would be Brock....

He's also respected as a true mma fighter, like Henderson is(who got a shot out of the gate). Sure... some of the HW fighters will feel disrespected if he get's a shot out of the gate... but that's part of the fight game. All fighters feel they deserve a shot. So, if fighter "A" feels disrespected, he can work that much harder and tell Dana he wants a shot at Fedor. But, I think Fedor has already earned that shot if he so choses to make the move to the UFC.

GridironChamp
07-14-2009, 10:45 AM
God I would hate to see Lesnar vs Fedor...

I would have no idea who to root for. It's the overrated vs the disrespectful
gorilla.

jcdavey
07-14-2009, 10:54 AM

gorilla.hopefully, going forward, brock starts to respect mma as a sport, and leave the wwe tactics in his past

jcdavey
07-14-2009, 10:55 AM
jc-

I understand where you're coming from in seeing Fedor work his way up. Brock didn't and there is huge mma fan backlash. However.... re-read that.... mma fan backlash. I think most mma fans would not mind seeing Fedor and Brock. They want to see th ebest compete with the best. Fedor has beaten some of the HW guys in UFC already. He's beaten the best of the best. He is considered the best. In his way would be Brock....

He's also respected as a true mma fighter, like Henderson is(who got a shot out of the gate). Sure... some of the HW fighters will feel disrespected if he get's a shot out of the gate... but that's part of the fight game. All fighters feel they deserve a shot. So, if fighter "A" feels disrespected, he can work that much harder and tell Dana he wants a shot at Fedor. But, I think Fedor has already earned that shot if he so choses to make the move to the UFC.you guys do have a good point about how fedor is respected by mma fans due to his large body of work in the sport

OaklandxxRaider
07-15-2009, 03:03 AM

gorilla.

So, you're saying fedor is overrated? How so?