PDA

View Full Version : Domenik Hixon is Impressive

mx_stiles13
10-05-2008, 10:19 AM
Anyone just see his move for a TD against the Seahawks?

BTW he is replacing Plaxico Burress.

I hated that we got rid of him when there was so much potential. He may have struggled on kickoff returns in Denver but he was showing some great things as a receiver, Champ knew it, too bad the coaches didn't.

Eddie Royal is amazing, but Hixon could have fit in somewhere. You just don't let go of talented players.

He's been lighting it up ever since he became a Giant.

Bigplayshay84
10-05-2008, 10:21 AM
his move was crap, he didn't use his head at all he looked into the CB's eyes the whole time. if im playing CB i see that coming all day.

Chidoze
10-05-2008, 10:23 AM

I hated that we got rid of him when there was so much potential. He may have struggled on kickoff returns in Denver but he was showing some great things as a receiver, Champ knew it, too bad the coaches didn't.

Eddie Royal is amazing, but Hixon could have fit in somewhere. You just don't let go of talented players.

Let it go :salute:

mx_stiles13
10-05-2008, 10:24 AM
his move was crap, he didn't use his head at all he looked into the CB's eyes the whole time. if im playing CB i see that coming all day.

Obviously it worked if the professional CB defending him fell for it.

ChrisSimpy
10-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Yea I said this in another thread and Ravage went message board bully on my ass :goofy: :P

mx_stiles13
10-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Yea I said this in another thread and Ravage went message board bully on my ass :goofy: :P

Who cares what Ravage thinks? The coaches aren't gods like he thinks they are, they made an awful mistake by releasing Hixon for nothing, IMO.

-Rod-
10-05-2008, 10:42 AM
The only relief is that he is an WR and we are doing fine with our WR depth.

Javalon
10-05-2008, 11:01 AM

Come on. I was a little disappointed we let him go just because I hoped he'd get better. But he was pretty underwhelming before we released him.

Please don't act like he was looking like anything special. I'm glad he's having some success now and obviously wish he'd shown something earlier. But ALL teams cut guys that go on to various degrees of success elsewhere. That's the nature of the biz.

saltybuggah
10-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Come on. I was a little disappointed we let him go just because I hoped he'd get better. But he was pretty underwhelming before we released him.

Please don't act like he was looking like anything special. I'm glad he's having some success now and obviously wish he'd shown something earlier. But ALL teams cut guys that go on to various degrees of success elsewhere. That's the nature of the biz.

ding ding ding ding

we have a winner

hixon was nothing special while he played here... the giants special teams helped him out in his career and once plaxico comes back hixon will take his place again on the bench and as a limited role...

wow one td and the guy is a great WR and the broncos coaching staff are fools for letting him go :rolleyes:

SBboundBRONCOS
10-05-2008, 11:42 AM

the thing that angers me about this the most is we really didnt see any more production from anybody else

the coaches always try for the quick fix and that was changing returners, its obvious to most people that its not the returners on our ST it is the blockers, i really dont know why this is STILL not fixed

i mean sure a returner better than hixon may have been able to make a few more moves, but nothing considerably better happened when they did,

silkamilkamonic
10-05-2008, 11:52 AM
It isn't Hixon, it's Manning.

He has quietly become a top 5 QB in the NFL.

4th Amigo
10-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Unfortunately he really wasn't given very much of a chance to succeed. His window of opportunity was very small, and I do think that he was cut too quickly.

But he's gone now, I wish him luck. It's just too bad that things didn't work for him here.

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
10-05-2008, 09:20 PM
im eating a little crow right now because i smacked on hixon in your thread mx stiles.
he did fine today.

anyway

in denvers defense
we did put him on the practice squad so we didnt completley give up on him. I guess the giants were either injured at WR or saw something that we didnt and snatched him up immedietly.

i will say this though.
i rather have hixon right now instead of martinez or cliff russell. and yes i know russell is on IR

Maharishineo
10-05-2008, 09:32 PM
It isn't Hixon, it's Manning.

He has quietly become a top 5 QB in the NFL.

Surely this has something to do with it, but he's still turned into a quality player, albeit, he's no star.

Look at it this way: it's karma for getting Eddie Mac, we get a 'dud' who goes to 'stud' from SF and the Giants get the same from us.