PDA

View Full Version : Possible new Raiders Coaches

DenverBlood
10-09-2008, 01:16 PM
HAHA. I will love it if Al Davis signs one of these two idiots. They will be gauranteed to still suck for years.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&page=hotread4/clayton

knoxman36and2
10-09-2008, 01:45 PM
HAHA. I will love it if Al Davis signs one of these two idiots. They will be gauranteed to still suck for years.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&page=hotread4/clayton

It doesnt matter who he hires as a "head" coach the Faiders will continue to suck until Al Davis is put in a nursing home or a casket. We all know that regardless of who he hires their title should be "head scapegoat" for when things don't happen the way Davis wants them to. Sure he has found a lot of talented coaches over the years but he has wound up alienating them within a season or two of them starting to show potential.
I think John Madden is one of the few coaches that would still speak well of Al Davis in private and not just in the public ears. Having said that I will honestly admit I have thought Madden was a bag of wind for over a decade anyway..lol.
I realize Al Davis did a lot for this game back in the 70's etc but he has done more to harm his own franchise over the last 10 years or so than he has done to help it. Like most of you I'm fine with that since the Silver and Black are usually number one on my rivalry/hate list anyways.

GreasyQtip
10-09-2008, 01:55 PM
The only coach id be worried about them getting is Bill Cowher, he has the resume to get atleast most of the control, I think Al will keep anyone else as a puppet, but again i dont think most people would take that job as it is right now, I remember when i went to Fresno State, It was rumored Al wanted to talk to Pat Hill, and Hills response was, is he gonna give me the ability to do what i want, of course no, Hill turned down even the visit to Oakland!

Ravage!!!
10-09-2008, 02:00 PM
The only coach id be worried about them getting is Bill Cowher, he has the resume to get atleast most of the control, I think Al will keep anyone else as a puppet, but again i dont think most people would take that job as it is right now, I remember when i went to Fresno State, It was rumored Al wanted to talk to Pat Hill, and Hills response was, is he gonna give me the ability to do what i want, of course no, Hill turned down even the visit to Oakland!

I wouldn't worry about Cowher at Oakland. Pittsburgh is fantastic at drafting... Oakland is NOT.

DiegoBRONCOFAN
10-09-2008, 02:52 PM
I could see Cowher in SanDiego long before Oakland! Oakland got turned down by the first two coaches that they pursued last time...this time will be worse. I can almost guarantee you that Cowher will want the GM title as well. Look no farther than the Cleveland Browns! Talk about restoring an old rivalry! :fight:

trp82070
10-09-2008, 02:53 PM
I hear that Al Davis hired a new Chinese Football Coach....Win One Soon....LMAO