PDA

View Full Version : Eli Manning cost them the game.

Shanahanigans
10-13-2008, 09:03 PM
Too many throws to Plaxico. Too many critical turnovers. All that against a 1-3 team. What do you think they should do at quarterback?

DenverBlood
10-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Too many throws to Plaxico. Too many critical turnovers. All that against a 1-3 team. What do you think they should do at quarterback?

Stick with the super bowl champion Eli Manning. Until tonight he has been very efficient this year. So he had an off night on the road. No biggie. Cutler has had several offgames and his mistakes have helped cost us our 2 losses. But I'm not wondering what we should do at qb. Eli will bounce back from this

stargazer
10-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Trade him! He's not a good fit for their organization!:D

garzjoe
10-13-2008, 09:06 PM
[/B]

Stick with the super bowl champion Eli Manning. Until tonight he has been very efficient this year. So he had an off night on the road. No biggie. Cutler has had several offgames and his mistakes have helped cost us our 2 losses. But I'm not wondering what we should do at qb. Eli will bounce back from this

Good points...but I think the OP was being sarcastic, or at least I hope he was.

Thx,
Joe

Lomax
10-13-2008, 09:07 PM
Did anybody say to trade Cutler? Because I don't remember anyone saying that.

DenverBlood
10-13-2008, 09:09 PM

Not but apparantly the poster was being sarcastic. I couldnt tell either

Maharishineo
10-13-2008, 09:11 PM

Kind of like Cutler with Brandon Marshall? Hm.

Anyway, this is why I have been so frustrated by the "Eli is better than Peyton now" comments. What? Because Eli has had a better team this season and coasted to wins while Peyton has had to personally eek out a couple of close ones? Well, let's hope that this week everybody's minds are once again set right.

10-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Lets trade Eli for Cutler! :cheers:

Shanahanigans
10-13-2008, 09:49 PM
Lol, yeah that was sarcasm like some of the panic that hits the boards after our loss :D I guess I am more patient and tolerant with our young qb but I find it kind of funny that some people are so quick to point fingers at Jay when he has also done so much to win our 4 games this season.

Anyway yeah, Eli is no Peyton but he has played really well this season (and obviously the last part of last season).

Orange_Nut
10-13-2008, 09:54 PM

Yeah... there have been a couple d-bags that called for Cutlers head. Oddly enough, there are probably some d-bags on the Giants forums saying the same thing.

These boards remind me of that commercial where the guy is playing tennis, then all of a sudden everyone runs out of the stands like a bunch of tards and trying to play tennis running around bumping into each other and falling down. That's what the Broncos organization would look like if we let the posters from this board run it.

silkamilkamonic
10-13-2008, 10:20 PM
Eli's true colors were exposed tonight. The guy sucks.

Derek Anderson on the other hand, is easily a top 5 QB. Maybe even top 3 behind Peyton Manning and Kurt Warner.

/sarcasm

Maharishineo
10-13-2008, 10:24 PM
Eli's true colors were exposed tonight. The guy sucks.

Derek Anderson on the other hand, is easily a top 5 QB. Maybe even top 3 behind Peyton Manning and Kurt Warner.

/sarcasm

omg! You're overreacting sooo much!! One game does not make a QB "suck" or make him a "top 3" quarterback. :fight:

lol...nice

Shanahanigans
10-13-2008, 10:30 PM
Yeah... there have been a couple d-bags that called for Cutlers head. Oddly enough, there are probably some d-bags on the Giants forums saying the same thing.

It's like a parrallel universe :

http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/989922.aspx
http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/989984.aspx
http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/989946.aspx

These boards remind me of that commercial where the guy is playing tennis, then all of a sudden everyone runs out of the stands like a bunch of tards and trying to play tennis running around bumping into each other and falling down. That's what the Broncos organization would look like if we let the posters from this board run it.

Perfect analogy :salute:

-Rod-
10-13-2008, 11:43 PM
Eli had a bad game for sure. And what a huge night for Derek Anderson.

DawgFanatic
10-14-2008, 07:13 PM
yea........ the browns didn't do anything.....eli gave the browns the win..... :rolleyes:

see you in november :coffee:

Ravage!!!
10-14-2008, 07:16 PM
yea........ the browns didn't do anything.....eli gave the browns the win..... :rolleyes:

see you in november :coffee:

well... you have to admit that considering the Browns have looked So bad.. and the Giants have looked pretty good...... its more likely the Giants played badly compared to the Browns playing well.

I'm curious. Most people think that Anderson may have kept his job for another week because of the win, but didn't really do anything to "keep" the job other than get the win on his record. What do you think? How long do you think before Quinn gets the call.. or.. how long do you think it should be before he SHOULD get the call?