PDA

View Full Version : Roy Williams is a Cowboy ...

Jermz79
10-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Roy Williams-WR-Cowboys Oct. 14 - 4:03 pm et

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that the Cowboys have acquired Roy Williams from the Lions for "at least" one first-round pick.

Because the one thing they are missing is a diva wide receiver with an expiring contract.

:confused:

rockrules40
10-14-2008, 01:22 PM
Ya...I know Roy Williams is the safety for the Cowboys... duh!:goofy:

I heard it is going to be for two 2nd rounders. Roy can be a heck of a WR, him and TO should tear it up when Romo gets back. The question is if hes worth two 2nd rounders.

rockrules40
10-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Just heard it is a 1st a 3rd and a 6th

Ohio Broncos
10-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Actually I heard it's gonnna be for a 1st, 3rd, and 6th. Waaaaaaaaaay too steep of a price to pay. Aren't they loaded at receiver anyway?

This deal makes no sense to me. :coffee:

rockrules40
10-14-2008, 01:37 PM
Actually I heard it's gonnna be for a 1st, 3rd, and 6th. Waaaaaaaaaay too steep of a price to pay. Aren't they loaded at receiver anyway?

This deal makes no sense to me. :coffee:

Not exactly loaded, Crayton is a good WR, but is more of a 2.5 WR instead of a #2. Miles Austin is a good WR, but probably a better fit as a #4. The thing is Witten has been their #2 or even their #1 how will this affect his role.

ebsoria
10-14-2008, 01:39 PM
Wow! Awesome move for Roy!!!

broncos9697
10-14-2008, 01:42 PM

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that the Cowboys have acquired Roy Williams from the Lions for "at least" one first-round pick.

Because the one thing they are missing is a diva wide receiver with an expiring contract.

this is what it is cowboys get roy and the lions 7th pick..
lions get cowboys 1st,3rd and 6th....

-Rod-
10-14-2008, 01:44 PM
I wonder how T.O. and his ego will handle this trade.

Drunk Bronco
10-14-2008, 02:20 PM
I wonder how T.O. and his ego will handle this trade.ape****..lol

RaiderHater9899
10-14-2008, 03:16 PM

Oh wow. I bet TO is thrilled...
:rolleyes:

BarkdogRX7
10-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Who cares if TO is crying, he wants to win a SB!

Roy gives them a huge threat now, I think with Felix being hurt, Romo being hurt, Pacman being suspended, they needed this NOW!

This is a huge deal, good for Roy, good for Detroit too, altho Calvin and Roy were a sick tandum

Bronco_Armada
10-14-2008, 05:24 PM
I hate him now. :coffee:

Shanahanigans
10-14-2008, 06:56 PM
I wonder how T.O. and his ego will handle this trade.
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gNjJglhH6ar_MCYqqmGYJgOGgSTQD93QJBM00
--------------------------------------------------------
Williams said the first phone call he received after the trade was from Owens, who has complained recently about not getting enough catches in an offense that lost quarterback Tony Romo this week for perhaps a month with a broken finger in his throwing hand.

Jerry Jones said Owens was "elated and beside himself" upon hearing the trade. Williams said he and T.O. talked about winning.
---------------------------------------------------------

Do think it hasn't sunk in yet that he'll be getting less passes or is he fantasizing about Decoy Roy and single coverage? :laugh:

The Cowboys may not make the playoffs this year since they will probably be 5-4 in three weeks but they have him for 5 more years. That is a pretty scary duo.