PDA

View Full Version : Jets' uniform change

sbutk
10-19-2008, 05:52 PM
I seem to have missed the memo.

Just what ARE the Jets wearing this season?

Is that some kind of throwback?

I have to be honest, personally, I don't really like it at all.

:2cents:

BroncoFan1812
10-19-2008, 06:43 PM
From what I understand those Uniforms are their "Titans" uniforms. Not sure what that means but that's what has been said since they started wearing them. I think it makes them look like a cheap rip off of the Steelers, but that's just my opinion.

BigMert
10-19-2008, 06:47 PM
I seem to have missed the memo.

Just what ARE the Jets wearing this season?

Is that some kind of throwback?

I have to be honest, personally, I don't really like it at all.

:2cents:

I was wondering the same thing when I saw some jets highlights on espn. There ugly to me.:laugh:

Southstander
10-19-2008, 06:47 PM
From what I understand those Uniforms are their "Titans" uniforms. Not sure what that means but that's what has been said since they started wearing them. I think it makes them look like a cheap rip off of the Steelers, but that's just my opinion.

The Jets where orignaly called the New York Titans, it only lasted for one year.

sbutk
10-19-2008, 07:18 PM

Well, I suppose I could kinda squint my eyes and say "OK" ...if we didn't already have a team named the Titans.

:rolleyes:

(Not calling you out, or anything. Just saying that's pretty stupid.)

BroncoFan1812
10-20-2008, 08:41 AM
Well, I suppose I could kinda squint my eyes and say "OK" ...if we didn't already have a team named the Titans.

:rolleyes:

(Not calling you out, or anything. Just saying that's pretty stupid.)

Why would I think you were calling me out? I didn't come up with the name, I was just trying to answer the OP's question. I think it's stupid as well.:D

BarkdogRX7
10-20-2008, 08:52 AM
The were paying homeage to the old school days when they were CALLED the New York Titans,Favre threw for 6 TD's so they thought it was some good luck so they wore them again, that is all..

I doubt wel'll see em again

sbutk
10-20-2008, 03:57 PM
Why would I think you were calling me out? I didn't come up with the name, I was just trying to answer the OP's question. I think it's stupid as well.:D

I know, I know. I have a tendency to worry that when I'm criticizing a piece of news/info, the poster of said information might think I'm expressing an opinion about them (i.e. "How could you post such rubbish?")

...That's obviously not the case, though. I'd never "shoot the messenger".

:halo:

Ravage!!!
10-20-2008, 04:12 PM
I think it looks like Brett Favre's Mississippi St. Uniform.

Either way... its FUGLY

Skywalker
10-20-2008, 07:46 PM
I actually think they're kinda cool looking. Guess I'm just weird. :laugh:

Overtime
10-20-2008, 08:13 PM
looks someone dippd their jerseys and pants in baby diarrhea. you know the kind that's green where the baby had too much grape juice????

Roger Goodell should fine the Jets for those uniforms, things are hideous.

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
10-20-2008, 08:28 PM
looks someone dippd their jerseys and pants in baby diarrhea. you know the kind that's green where the baby had too much grape juice????

Roger Goodell should fine the Jets for those uniforms, things are hideous.

http://http://www.iconsportsmedia.com/image_dir/album28076/md_50621082_Ken_OBrien.jpg
personally those were my fav jets jerseys idk why they had to change them

RxDx
10-20-2008, 08:48 PM
I liked the Green ones with just "JETS" written on the helmet.