PDA

View Full Version : Giants Looking to Repeat?

RealBronco
10-19-2008, 08:10 PM
So the Giants remain atop the NFC and looked rather strong today (albeit they were playing a weak SF team).

But Dallas is is failing, and the Giants are probably the strongest team over there right now.

Even with Carolina playing well and Tamba Bay and Washington are playing well also.

But I think the Giants may have the best chance thus far.

Who knows. I know it's still pretty early.

Thoughts?

Ravage!!!
10-19-2008, 08:48 PM
I think they are the best team in the NFC right now. I don't know how thats going to play out. Last year the Giants weren't the best team in the NFC at this point at all.

Tampa is a LOT BETTER with Garcia in the lineup (and have been saying this all offseason, that kid is good).

Don't forget about Philly... they are injured up right now, but if they get into the playoffs, they could get healthy at the right time.

GB looked really good today as well.

But I do think the Giants are the best team in the NFC at the moment.. maybe in the NFL right now.

RealBronco
10-19-2008, 09:03 PM
I think they are the best team in the NFC right now. I don't know how thats going to play out. Last year the Giants weren't the best team in the NFC at this point at all.

Tampa is a LOT BETTER with Garcia in the lineup (and have been saying this all offseason, that kid is good).

Don't forget about Philly... they are injured up right now, but if they get into the playoffs, they could get healthy at the right time.

GB looked really good today as well.

But I do think the Giants are the best team in the NFC at the moment.. maybe in the NFL right now.

it's definitely difficult to tell this early. Tampa looks strong, and everyone thought Indy was going to try and bounce back, and then GB lights them up. GB is looking great, especially with Rodgers' first year as the starter.

i think it's funny when people say we have an easy schedule after the bye. they don't think teams like Atlanta and Carolina will be a problem, but those two teams are doing very well right now.

also, Arizona is just ridiculous. how they're even in the running, i don't know. that's a team to watch, i think.

then we've got the whole AFC situation with Tennessee undefeated still, and Pitt doing well, and Buffalo staying strong (thank you Buffalo for today!)

Heck, as far as sleeper teams who could pull a Washington from a few years ago and start out 0-5 and then win like 5 in a row and end up in the playoffs, maybe Miami is that team this year. but i think by now people have to start realizing that this wish-bone offense is their key to success.

if Denver studies that during the bye week, we should be able to wrap that up.

*shrugs* good ole NFL.

Overtime
10-21-2008, 04:49 PM
Peeli Manlover and the NY G-String Women, have yet to play any real competition in which to prove themselves.

so far they've played

Washington
St. Louis
Seattle
Cincy
Cleveland (who beat them down)
SF

their schedule which originally looked brutal, now appears very soft with the strange shift of power occuring in the NFL. But I don't think they'll repeat.

RealBronco
10-26-2008, 12:28 AM
Peeli Manlover and the NY G-String Women, have yet to play any real competition in which to prove themselves.

so far they've played

Washington
St. Louis
Seattle
Cincy
Cleveland (who beat them down)
SF

their schedule which originally looked brutal, now appears very soft with the strange shift of power occuring in the NFL. But I don't think they'll repeat.

i wouldn't call Washington "no one of real competition"