PDA

View Full Version : Brady has more procedures for infection; Pats upset with situation

Ravage!!!
10-23-2008, 09:13 AM
Brady has more procedures for infection; Pats upset with situation

Doctors are aggressively fighting an infection in Tom Brady's surgically repaired left knee.

Brady recently acknowledged on his Web site that doctors went in "to clean and to test the wound" on Oct. 15 because of the infection. The New England Patriots quarterback has had two more similar procedures since then.

The story was first reported by the Boston Herald and confirmed by ESPN's Wendi Nix.

The Patriots, as an organization, are upset with the situation because they were clear that they wanted Brady's surgery done under the direction of doctors of their choosing in Boston, sources told ESPN.

Instead, Brady opted to have the surgery in California by a doctor his family preferred, and now there are major problems. Brady was supposed to be back in New England by now, but a timeline for his return remains unclear.

According to the Herald, Brady is on a six-week course of intravenously administered antibiotics, and is still having follow-up exams at the Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic in Los Angeles, where the surgery took place.

If the infection is not brought under control, the patellar tendon graft used to replace Brady's anterior cruciate ligament could become compromised, according to the Herald's report. If that happens, he will have to undergo another surgery on the ACL. That would reset the clock on his rehabilitation.

Brady had surgery on Oct. 6 -- 29 days after he was injured in the Patriots' season opener -- on a hit by Kansas City Chiefs safety Bernard Pollard. Brady reportedly tore the anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments in the knee.
-----------------------------------

LISTEN to this as well: http://insider.espn.go.com/proxy/Proxy.dll/insider/espnradio/player?context=insider&id=3659350&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fpro xy%2fProxy.dll%2finsider%2fespnradio%2fplayer%3fco ntext%3dinsider%26id%3d3659350

saltybuggah
10-23-2008, 09:25 AM
this does not look good for brady...

when i saw this on espn the 1st thing that came to my mind was one of your posts ravage!!! about this being one of those nagging injuries that could be the start to an end of brady's career... they were talking to Stink on espn and he said he had about 20 knee operation and after his he just never was the same type of player and he had to readjust to the way his knee would feel...

i do wish brady a quick recovery but it doesnt look good when the docs need to continue to re-operate on the knee time and time again...

if brady's docs in cali screwed up the procedure and he needs to have another surgery on the ACL, where will he get it done??? will the team force him to have the procedure done in boston rather than cali.??? he is their investment and if he is not back for the begining of next season healthy they might just get his replacement ready

will the pats now look at a new qb in the upcoming draft????

will they make a splash in the market this offseason with a possible trade for a qb???

Ravage!!!
10-23-2008, 09:29 AM
when i saw this on espn the 1st thing that came to my mind was one of your posts ravage!!! about this being one of those nagging injuries that could be the start to an end of brady's career...

I know. I was thinking the same thing. He was already having problems with cracks in his foot.... the injury that I felt would continue to be bothersome, and just one of "those" injuries that start to degrade a QB that is getting older. Now you add the ACL tear. That takes roughly 7 months to heal on its own, and we have see QBs like McNabb and Palmer.. and how that's effected their career and how long it takes to come back from it.

they were talking to Stink on espn and he said he had about 20 knee operation and after his he just never was the same type of player and he had to readjust to the way his knee would feel...

Here is the statements by Mark Schlereth on ESPN radio with Mike and Mike in the morning.
http://insider.espn.go.com/proxy/proxy.dll/insider/espnradio/player?context=insider&id=3659364&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fpro xy%2fproxy.dll%2finsider%2fespnradio%2fplayer%3fco ntext%3dinsider%26id%3d3659364

Ravage!!!
10-23-2008, 09:32 AM
if brady's docs in cali screwed up the procedure and he needs to have another surgery on the ACL, where will he get it done??? will the team force him to have the procedure done in boston rather than cali.??? he is their investment and if he is not back for the begining of next season healthy they might just get his replacement ready
Thats a good question. The guy that actually DID the surgery is considered to be one of the best surgeons in the country. So I don't know if they actually CAN force him to do anything like that... its his choice.. its HIS body. But you would see that they are certainly concerned and would like to be a bit involved.

will the pats now look at a new qb in the upcoming draft????
They should. Probably not a #1 pick (although that would be interesting)... but they will draft a QB for sure. They have to. It would be negligent not to at this point.

saltybuggah
10-23-2008, 10:38 AM
I know. I was thinking the same thing. He was already having problems with cracks in his foot.... the injury that I felt would continue to be bothersome, and just one of "those" injuries that start to degrade a QB that is getting older. Now you add the ACL tear. That takes roughly 7 months to heal on its own, and we have see QBs like McNabb and Palmer.. and how that's effected their career and how long it takes to come back from it.

Here is the statements by Mark Schlereth on ESPN radio with Mike and Mike in the morning.
http://insider.espn.go.com/proxy/proxy.dll/insider/espnradio/player?context=insider&id=3659364&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fpro xy%2fproxy.dll%2finsider%2fespnradio%2fplayer%3fco ntext%3dinsider%26id%3d3659364
yeah i live in pa and the people here are always shaky when mcnabb runs now :laugh:

Thats a good question. The guy that actually DID the surgery is considered to be one of the best surgeons in the country. So I don't know if they actually CAN force him to do anything like that... its his choice.. its HIS body. But you would see that they are certainly concerned and would like to be a bit involved.

They should. Probably not a #1 pick (although that would be interesting)... but they will draft a QB for sure. They have to. It would be negligent not to at this point.
i would hope that the guy that did the surgery would be one of the best in the industry... it would of been funny to see brady tell the pats that he doesnt want the guy they picked out to do the surgery but he wants a doc in cali that just got outta school and its his 1st procedure... :laugh:

i dont think they an organization can force anything when it comes down to a players own body... they can talk to brady and basically put fear into him by saying something along the lines of... "if you choose your doc and your not healthy by, such and such, a time we are going to have to look for your replacement"... this has to be a thought thou in the organization or are they just thinking that cassel is the answer for next year too..

i think they do draft someone in the draft if brady is looking good for the start of next season.... if brady is still looking shaky i think they wont draft but rather pickup someone playing to start next year..

its going to be very interesting to see how long they think he will be out and if he will recover completely

thehorsesmouth
10-23-2008, 01:55 PM
tomlinsons probably in the opperating room with a surgical mask on, sneezing in his wound :cheers:

Ravage!!!
10-23-2008, 02:58 PM
i dont think they an organization can force anything when it comes down to a players own body... they can talk to brady and basically put fear into him by saying something along the lines of... "if you choose your doc and your not healthy by, such and such, a time we are going to have to look for your replacement"... this has to be a thought thou in the organization or are they just thinking that cassel is the answer for next year too..
Honestly, do you really think that would put the fear into Brady? No. If they gave him that ultimatum, he could simply say "who do you think is losing with that, you or me?" He would call their bluff, and they would lose. They wouldn't be stupid enough to say something like that to the very face of their franchise.

i think they do draft someone in the draft if brady is looking good for the start of next season.... if brady is still looking shaky i think they wont draft but rather pickup someone playing to start next year..
Uhmmmm.. this doesn't really make sense. If Brady is looking good, you DO draft a QB. If he's looking bad... you don't draft and pick up a vet??? :confused:

They won't know if he's looking good for another 7 months down the road.. thats AFTER the draft. So they can't simply 'wait' to see how he's doing before they make that decision. I think they draft a QB somewhere in there for sure. It may not be a top pick, but I won't be shocked at all if they draft someone around the 3rd-4th round. This is a deep class for QBs.

Eiher way, they find themselves a vet. That vet can either back up Brady if he is able to play again.. or... he competes for the starting job with Cassle and the new drafted rookie.

RunYouOver
10-23-2008, 03:08 PM
I really dislike Tom Brady, but the more and more I read and see, the more it's looking like he'll never be close to the same.

It's a shame.

I'm not pissed off about it, but I can't say I'm happy. It sucks to see people get injured like that and have it ruin their career.

The only person I haven't minded seeing injured is Harrison, and that's because he's spent his career trying to hurt people.