PDA

View Full Version : Who Replaces Carl Peterson In KC???

Overtime
10-26-2008, 10:12 PM
I think it's a safe assumption that this is Carl's final year in Kansas City. Next year is the final year of his contract, however Clark Hunt has been adamant that he will make changes if the Chiefs do not make the playoffs this season, to include the Head Coach, GM, and the QB.

Well with the Chiefs sitting at 1-6, it's pretty obvious what's about to transpire, it's just the waiting 9 more games for it to happen.

Who replaces Carl Peterson as GM?

Who replaces Herm Edwards at head coach, and who do the Chiefs go with at QB to replace the injury prone Croyle and the aging Damon Huard? Veteran Free Agent Acquisition or do they turn to a sparse draft class for help?

jdubv724
10-27-2008, 07:42 AM
They have a lot of cap space but I don't think they will sign many free agents. I also think Herm is gonna be there next season. I don't think the owner actually thinks the Chiefs would be in the playoffs this year. If Carl gets canned I hope they hire Matt Millen:salute:

GridironChamp
10-27-2008, 11:46 AM
I dont know yet, ppl keep sayinig Bill, but I doubt he would come down here.

I'm thinking Lane Kiffern as OC
Keep Gunthar as DC
HC should be anyone that likes the verticle pass more than Herm (anyone)

I want to sign Jeff Garcia in the offseason because this QB class will be bad
if most of the juniors go back to school like it is looking like they will do.

Overtime
10-27-2008, 12:07 PM
They have a lot of cap space but I don't think they will sign many free agents. I also think Herm is gonna be there next season. I don't think the owner actually thinks the Chiefs would be in the playoffs this year. If Carl gets canned I hope they hire Matt Millen:salute:

they are not going to hire Matt Millen. You'd have to be a completely incompetent moron, to hire Matt Millen.

I didn't ask who you "hoped" was hired, I asked who you thought "would be" hired.

I dont know yet, ppl keep sayinig Bill, but I doubt he would come down here.

I'm thinking Lane Kiffern as OC
Keep Gunthar as DC
HC should be anyone that likes the verticle pass more than Herm (anyone)

I want to sign Jeff Garcia in the offseason because this QB class will be bad
if most of the juniors go back to school like it is looking like they will do.

*** are you talking about?????

I asked who's gonna be the next GM of the team. I dont care about the HC or the OC, or the DC.

I asked who is going to run this clubs financial operations/marketing when Carl Peterson is fired?

Who replaces Carl Peterson...not who replaces Herm Edwards.

GridironChamp
10-27-2008, 12:21 PM
they are not going to hire Matt Millen. You'd have to be a completely incompetent moron, to hire Matt Millen.

I didn't ask who you "hoped" was hired, I asked who you thought "would be" hired.

*** are you talking about?????

I asked who's gonna be the next GM of the team. I dont care about the HC or the OC, or the DC.

I asked who is going to run this clubs financial operations/marketing when Carl Peterson is fired?

Who replaces Carl Peterson...not who replaces Herm Edwards.

When Peterson goes Herm Edwards goes... I dont know who will replace Peterson.

People talk about Cowher coming to do both, but I dont know why he would
come down here. (Both means GM and HC in case you didnt get that).

Ravage!!!
10-27-2008, 01:01 PM
Cowher won't be going to KC. Not when he COULD go to somewhere like SD or Dallas if he wanted. It wouldn't make sense for him to go to a team that is rebuilding from bottom up.

I personally think that Marty Schottenheimer would make a great GM. That man knows how to build teams, and knows how to pick talent.

I think hiring Lane Kiffin this early would be a mistake. I know he's a young talent, but I think he does need some more room in the NFL to groom.

**the chiefs would be making a BIG mistake to keep Gunther as the DC again. He hasn't done well since having Thomas and Smith on his team. Besides, the new HC would want to pick his own staff.**

jdubv724
10-27-2008, 01:09 PM

I probably only know the names of 10 GM's in the NFL. I have no clue who is available.

22cannon
10-27-2008, 01:14 PM
How about Brodie Croyle!

GridironChamp
10-27-2008, 01:18 PM
Cowher won't be going to KC. Not when he COULD go to somewhere like SD or Dallas if he wanted. It wouldn't make sense for him to go to a team that is rebuilding from bottom up.

I personally think that Marty Schottenheimer would make a great GM. That man knows how to build teams, and knows how to pick talent.

I think hiring Lane Kiffin this early would be a mistake. I know he's a young talent, but I think he does need some more room in the NFL to groom.

**the chiefs would be making a BIG mistake to keep Gunther as the DC again. He hasn't done well since having Thomas and Smith on his team. Besides, the new HC would want to pick his own staff.**

Marty would be ideal, but just like with Cowher I dont understand why he would
come here when he could most likely go to a better team if he wanted to.

The defense was respectable last year but the loss of Jared Allen and whatever
happened to Napolean Harris is what killed us this year. Im not attatched to
Gunther so he could stay or he could go...

LarryDean
10-27-2008, 02:16 PM
I dont know about Carl Peterson other then he needs to go ... First coach I would bring in for an interview would be Mike Nolan ...

I think he would be a fantastic fit for a young KC team...