PDA

View Full Version : Raiders players would put salaries up as collateral to sign Vick

jdubv724
11-04-2008, 12:43 AM
Raiders players would put salaries up as collateral to sign Vick
Buzz up!
Like this story? Share it with Yahoo! Buzz

Michael Vick in the silver and the black?

It's premature for the Raiders to be measuring the former Falcons starting QB for a uniform, but some Oakland players are openly lobbying for the team to sign Vick after he's released from jail.

"You can just imagine what it would be like," Raiders fullback Justin Griffith, a former teammate in Atlanta, told the Contra Costa Times. "But until he gets out, and we actually get him up in here, and we see how he is as a player, it's all up to Mike, and it's all up to (Raiders owner Al Davis).

"Would we like to see it? Yes. Would it add a whole lot to your offense? Yes, it would, man, but until it happens, you just imagine how it (would be)."

Said former teammate Ashley Lelie, "You have to sign him, if you're the Raiders. Trust me, I've played against him before. You don't want him on the other team. I've seen what he can do."

Vick, in jail after pleading guilty to federal charges for his role in a dogfighting operation, is scheduled to be released in July 2009. He is currently suspended from the NFL and would have to apply for reinstatement.

Another former Falcons teammate now with the Raiders, CB DeAngelo Hall, joined Griffith and Lelie saying they'd put some of their salaries up as collateral if the Raiders would take a chance on Vick.

"Oh, yeah, definitely," Hall said. "I wouldn't have any second thought about doing it. I'll put in my contract the same stipulations or whatever, man. I know anytime something like that happens, you wake up and you smell the roses.

"After talking to Mike, he definitely knows what's happening. He has a family, kids, fiancée. He definitely wised up and got those riff-raffs away from him. He knows who his true friends are. He'll move on and go from there."
http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/2008/11/raiders-players.html
Wow. Did the players forget they just drafted Jamarcus number 1 overall last year? :laugh:

Things are not bad in Denver look at Oakland.:cheers:

-Rod-
11-04-2008, 03:32 AM
http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-raiders-forum-message-board/142095-raiders-players-would-put-salaries-up-collateral-sign-vick.html

For entertainment :D

Legendary30
11-04-2008, 08:17 AM
Hell yeah I would sign Mike Vick. That guy was amazing to watch. His image has a black eye, but you cant question his ability. I would be thrilled if the Broncos got him.

str8jacket
11-04-2008, 08:33 AM
Hell yeah I would sign Mike Vick. That guy was amazing to watch. His image has a black eye, but you cant question his ability. I would be thrilled if the Broncos got him.

As long as he isn't playing Quarterback :laugh:

Kapaibro
11-04-2008, 08:48 AM
Anyone willing to waste money on this creep is an idiot

ebsoria
11-04-2008, 09:15 AM
From a strictly FOOTBALL point of view and in the interest of winning games, I'd take him. He'd be very cheap with an incentive laden contract. I'd turn him into a very talented return man. You think Hester is dangerous? But... factor in personal feelings and it's a different outlook.

y2cragie
11-04-2008, 09:18 AM
of course they forget the fact that the comish has yet to hand down his ban, thats waiting till he's out of prison, and he's said before it could be a lifetime ban. I'd imagine the CFL or something like that is where Vick will end up.

Legendary30
11-04-2008, 09:20 AM
If Michael Vick gets a lifetime Ban, that would suck.

ebsoria
11-04-2008, 09:44 AM
If Michael Vick gets a lifetime Ban, that would suck.

Well..... perspective, maybe? Goodell has kinda set the bar a little higher then most previous comishs. But, here's the conundrum he's gonna paint himself into; when Vick is released what sort of punishment does he hand out as opposed to "Pacman" and his recent issue? It shall be interesting! But... the water get's murkier..... what about Travis Henry? So he's walking an interesting tighrope over keeping the leagues image intact yet being fair in the degree of punishment. To me? Federal time is federal time= DONE as far as the NFL goes. It should be an honor to go out on sundays and display for the fan's your talents. Just like the military... would they take him now? How about a teaching job? Selling used cars? I once was told that- "There are a lot of 15 and 16 year olds making descisions for 40 year old men". At the time I didnt understand it..... but it applies here. Vick at 27(or however old he is) has made descisions over the last 10 years that will greatly effect the outcome of his life and it was him who made those descisions... not me, not Goodell... not those dogs.....

.... oy vey.... Ill step down off the soapbox now. :rolleyes:

Kapaibro
11-04-2008, 11:15 AM
Well..... perspective, maybe? Goodell has kinda set the bar a little higher then most previous comishs. But, here's the conundrum he's gonna paint himself into; when Vick is released what sort of punishment does he hand out as opposed to "Pacman" and his recent issue? It shall be interesting! But... the water get's murkier..... what about Travis Henry? So he's walking an interesting tighrope over keeping the leagues image intact yet being fair in the degree of punishment. To me? Federal time is federal time= DONE as far as the NFL goes. It should be an honor to go out on sundays and display for the fan's your talents. Just like the military... would they take him now? How about a teaching job? Selling used cars? I once was told that- "There are a lot of 15 and 16 year olds making descisions for 40 year old men". At the time I didnt understand it..... but it applies here. Vick at 27(or however old he is) has made descisions over the last 10 years that will greatly effect the outcome of his life and it was him who made those descisions... not me, not Goodell... not those dogs.....

.... oy vey.... Ill step down off the soapbox now. :rolleyes:

Excellent points!

An NFL QB is supposed to be a role model for the youth of today. Vick is a role model for animal abuse, lying, cheating, gambling and being an old around creep. Do the fans really want this 'person' (I use the term person very lightly as no decent human being would do what he has done) to be the one their kids beg them to pay $75 for a jersey for?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-04-2008, 12:09 PM
Raiders players would put salaries up as collateral to sign Vick
Buzz up!
Like this story? Share it with Yahoo! Buzz

Michael Vick in the silver and the black?

It's premature for the Raiders to be measuring the former Falcons starting QB for a uniform, but some Oakland players are openly lobbying for the team to sign Vick after he's released from jail.

"You can just imagine what it would be like," Raiders fullback Justin Griffith, a former teammate in Atlanta, told the Contra Costa Times. "But until he gets out, and we actually get him up in here, and we see how he is as a player, it's all up to Mike, and it's all up to (Raiders owner Al Davis).

"Would we like to see it? Yes. Would it add a whole lot to your offense? Yes, it would, man, but until it happens, you just imagine how it (would be)."

Said former teammate Ashley Lelie, "You have to sign him, if you're the Raiders. Trust me, I've played against him before. You don't want him on the other team. I've seen what he can do."

Vick, in jail after pleading guilty to federal charges for his role in a dogfighting operation, is scheduled to be released in July 2009. He is currently suspended from the NFL and would have to apply for reinstatement.

Another former Falcons teammate now with the Raiders, CB DeAngelo Hall, joined Griffith and Lelie saying they'd put some of their salaries up as collateral if the Raiders would take a chance on Vick.

"Oh, yeah, definitely," Hall said. "I wouldn't have any second thought about doing it. I'll put in my contract the same stipulations or whatever, man. I know anytime something like that happens, you wake up and you smell the roses.

"After talking to Mike, he definitely knows what's happening. He has a family, kids, fiancée. He definitely wised up and got those riff-raffs away from him. He knows who his true friends are. He'll move on and go from there."
http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/2008/11/raiders-players.html
Wow. Did the players forget they just drafted Jamarcus number 1 overall last year? :laugh:

Things are not bad in Denver look at Oakland.:cheers:

What great teammates! Look at how they are rallying behind their young quarterback Russel!

It's like poop that rolls down hill in that organization.

BarkdogRX7
11-04-2008, 02:13 PM
What great teammates! Look at how they are rallying behind their young quarterback Russel!

It's like poop that rolls down hill in that organization.

Yeah but to be honest, Russell is no leader, he seemed to take NOTHING away from Culpepper. Also, this is the same guy who put himself over the team last year before he ever put ON a Raiders jersey and held out for money, he has the money now....but where is the production he promised? Ha!

Vick, if in good shape would help ANY team, a dude can change, no one on these boards had been perfect forever, I am a big believer in redemtption, hopefully Vick will get a SHOT at changing

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Yeah but to be honest, Russell is no leader, he seemed to take NOTHING away from Culpepper. Also, this is the same guy who put himself over the team last year before he ever put ON a Raiders jersey and held out for money, he has the money now....but where is the production he promised? Ha!

Vick, if in good shape would help ANY team, a dude can change, no one on these boards had been perfect forever, I am a big believer in redemtption, hopefully Vick will get a SHOT at changing

Maybe you're right, but to publically show no confidence in a teammate like that is classless.

CTM
11-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Reason number 6589882342215 the Raiders will continue to be bottom feeders of the NFL.

Kapaibro
11-04-2008, 04:08 PM

Yet how many of us have been incarcerated for slaughtering dogs, and committing serious federal crimes?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Yet how many of us have been incarcerated for slaughtering dogs, and committing serious federal crimes?

Oh yeah sure! Play the felonious poor example card. :D

Kapaibro
11-04-2008, 04:21 PM
Oh yeah sure! Play the felonious poor example card. :D

Would you seriously fork out good cash for a Michael Vick jersey?

People wearing that ish down the street will probably get dogs sic'd on them.

-Rod-
11-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Brian Baldinger:
“The quarterback (JaMarcus Russell) can’t play. He’s a bust. Darren McFadden is a bust. He won’t stay healthy in this league. He’s had only one good game. They have drafted poorly. They are easily scouted. The defense plays schemes that don’t make sense. They play the ends out wide, and play the safeties too deep. Al Davis always believes that you have a deep safety, but Atlanta exploited that with Michael Turner. And to just see how bad Russell is, you have to look at what Matt Ryan did in that game. Russell just doesn’t know what he is doing.”

Man, I think he went too far. Way too early to label both Russell and McFadden as busts.

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/adam-schefter/

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Would you seriously fork out good cash for a Michael Vick jersey?

People wearing that ish down the street will probably get dogs sic'd on them.

I hope you know I'm kidding. I would only have one if I got it at the "Dollar Store" and was going to use it as a bed liner for my dog's travel carrier.

BarkdogRX7
11-04-2008, 06:20 PM
I HAD one, I bought it in 2004, when Vick was on top. I have tried selling it for CHEAP online and gotten some nasty responses...

orangeblue72
11-12-2008, 10:22 PM
Seriously people. The one and only highlight reel of Michael Vick's career is a 65 yard run for a touchdown against the Vikings. Which tells me this...
1. He couldn't find anyone open
2. He couldn't read the coverage
3. He relied on covered receivers to block for him as he scrambled
4. In a game that has become pass-oriented he is a running QB
The only current QB who like Vick is a running QB is currently benched in Tennesee. Michael Vick should be banned from any NFL team and any NFL function. This is a man that willfully and blatantly engaged in illegal activities and tortured and killed animals for money. Apart from just moments where he showed his athleticism it should not be the reason to bring him back. He is sorry alright, sorry he got caught with his custom T-shirts and hats for his illegal business that he told the Commissioner that he was not engaged in illegal dog-fighting. Judging from the way many QB's either dissapear from not being able to cut it, or get injured this is one overrated former QB who needs to do the right thing and go away. Don't forget, he has yet to serve time for the animal cruelty charges. He got off way too easy on the Federal charges he should do 10 years MINIMUM. :eek: