PDA

View Full Version : Deangelo Hall released (Merged)

dman444
11-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Just heard on Sirius radio that the Raiders waived D. Hall. Kind of surprising, but at the same time he was burnt continuously this year. Sucks for him.

The Dyna$ty
11-04-2008, 06:19 PM
sign him we need cb depth

TRUEBRONCOFAN24
11-04-2008, 06:20 PM
My friend just called me to tell me this... he heard this from Schefter on NFL network. Definitely true.

getlynched47
11-04-2008, 06:22 PM
I'm calling BS.......this isn't on any major thing like ESPN or NFL Network

cadencesdad
11-04-2008, 06:23 PM
He's definately not as good as people said he was a few years ago. Probably deserves at least a nickle job though.

From Al Davis' comments, he was a Lane Kiffen pickup anyway.

Atwnbroncfan
11-04-2008, 06:25 PM
sign him we need cb depth

UM NO NO NO NO we get burned enough already

getlynched47
11-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Your headline is misleading.....b/c it hasn't been confirmed that he's been released. It says that the Raiders are "on the verge" of releasing him

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/adam-schefter/

Oakland captured the NFL’s attention when it fired Lane Kiffin and hired Tom Cable. Now it is about to do it again — in a far more stunning fashion.

The Raiders are on the verge of releasing Pro Bowl cornerback DeAngelo Hall on Wednesday, according to multiple NFL sources.

If they do — and the team was planning on doing it Tuesday before it held off — Oakland will have paid Hall $8 million for eight games and Atlanta a second-round pick for the cornerback’s services

I'm calling rumor on this

-Rod-
11-04-2008, 06:26 PM
Hahahaha now my sig just found a greater meaning. But seriously, I think he is a better CB than Bly but I believe his character issues bury the chances of Shanahan taking a look at him. Plus, he demands lots of $$$$ and is not delivering properly on the field (just like Bly).

IPICKEDYOUOFF
11-04-2008, 06:26 PM
Due to be relased......
Tomorrow

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/adam-schefter/

Raiders to release CB Hall
Posted: November 4th, 2008 | Adam Schefter | Tags: DeAngelo Hall, Oakland Raiders

Oakland captured the NFL’s attention when it fired Lane Kiffin and hired Tom Cable. Now it is about to do it again — in a far more stunning fashion.

The Raiders are on the verge of releasing Pro Bowl cornerback DeAngelo Hall on Wednesday, according to multiple NFL sources.

If they do — and the team was planning on doing it Tuesday before it held off — Oakland will have paid Hall $8 million for eight games and Atlanta a second-round pick for the cornerback’s services.

Oakland is planning to waive him now so as to avoid paying Hall the $16 million worth of injury-guaranteed bonuses in his contract. It is too much of a risk for a Raiders team that still needs to do more rebuilding.

If Oakland follows through, Hall would be placed on waivers, leaving playoff contenders with the question of whether they should put in a claim for him. If Hall goes unclaimed, he would be free to sign with any team.

Last off-season, when the Falcons shopped Hall, the teams most interested in the cornerback were the Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants and Washington Redskins. The New England Patriots also have been in search of cornerback help.

Any one of those teams could put in a waiver claim for Hall, but it would be obligated to pick up his contract. If no one claims Hall, he could sign with the team of his choosing.

But this much is known: Hall’s time in Oakland has been brief and looks to be coming to a close. The curtain could drop Wednesday, if not Tuesday night.

-Rod-
11-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Damn, it just came to my mind... If he hadn't paved his way out of Atlanta, I guess he would be a much happier person now huh? Being part of a renewed, competitive 5-3 team with a young, promising QB and a strong running game... Hall, Hall, what have you done? He was a young star in Atlanta and now he is about to become free agent trash.

dman444
11-04-2008, 06:34 PM
I'm calling BS.......this isn't on any major thing like ESPN or NFL Network

Pretty quick to call b.s. Why would I make this up?

getlynched47
11-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Pretty quick to call b.s. Why would I make this up?

no, I mean BS on the Raiders part.......

dman444
11-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Maybe, who the hell knows what Al Davis is thinking.

jc13
11-04-2008, 06:59 PM
should the broncos go after him i think they should

getlynched47
11-04-2008, 07:02 PM
:rolleyes: NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :coffee:

-Rod-
11-04-2008, 07:26 PM
He is an expen$ive player and brings a negative attitude. Considering our salary cap, we would have to decide between Hall or Bly. And honestly, the best answer is none of them. Bly is not worth the salary anymore and we should consider trading him. I think we will be alright with Bailey and Paymah if we draft good DL, LB and S.

Champ>NFL
11-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Getting D-hall around chmap would be HUGE!!! Darrent Willams was a bit of troublemaker b4 going to the broncos. Champ can teach him how 2 play with smarts b.c d-hall wants 2 be the best/

getlynched47
11-04-2008, 07:29 PM
He is an expen$ive player and brings a negative attitude. Considering our salary cap, we would have to decide between Hall or Bly. And honestly, the best answer is none of them. Bly is not worth the salary anymore and we should consider trading him. I think we will be alright with Bailey and Paymah if we draft good DL, LB and S.

I hope Paymah can develop into a solid #2 Cornerback. He has all the physical tools to do so (a big corner, and extremely fast) but he needs to get his head IN THE ZONE.......

TheJackal
11-04-2008, 07:31 PM
If we can get him for cheap sure. But Mr. Ego would probably want a good deal of money for his currently below average services.

Although I think if we did sign Hall and he got some mentoring from Champ he could finally use all that God-given talent and play up to his full potential.

Justblaze2729
11-04-2008, 07:33 PM
nah it will just screw things up even more

getlynched47
11-04-2008, 07:35 PM
nah it will just screw things up even more

that's what I believe also.....I agree with you. An already screwed up locker room chemistry will become that much worse.

Justblaze2729
11-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Getting D-hall around chmap would be HUGE!!! Darrent Willams was a bit of troublemaker b4 going to the broncos. Champ can teach him how 2 play with smarts b.c d-hall wants 2 be the best/

you really think hall would listen to bailey??? the guy already thinks he is superman .....its like trying to tell cutler not to stare down a receiver .no matter how many times he is told he will never learn

-Rod-
11-04-2008, 07:41 PM
Well, you have to keep in mind that DeAngelo Hall had a chance to learn about his position and how to be a classy guy with Nnamdi Asomugha, who is an excellent player and has a great character and behavior just like Champ Bailey. When I saw Hall making those personal fouls against Royal on week 1 and lobbying for Michael Vick over JaMarcus Russell in midseason, I had an impression that he was unable to learn anything positive to help his career.

getlynched47
11-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Well, you have to keep in mind that DeAngelo Hall had a chance to learn about his position and how to be a classy guy with Nnamdi Asomugha, who is an excellent player and has a great character and behavior just like Champ Bailey. When I saw Hall making those personal fouls against Royal on week 1 and lobbying for Michael Vick over JaMarcus Russell in midseason, I had an impression that he was unable to learn anything positive to help his career.

he's an idiot. I hate Deangelo Hall....he's a selfish bast*rd and that's why he's teammates with Javon Walker.

Lorcust
11-04-2008, 07:44 PM
We can sign him so eddie royal can build up his confidence in practice.

roushmartin6
11-04-2008, 07:45 PM
If we could get him cheap enough I'd be all for getting him, Champ, Dre, and Hall would be great. Won't happen though.

Champ>NFL
11-04-2008, 07:47 PM
you really think hall would listen to bailey??? the guy already thinks he is superman .....its like trying to tell cutler not to stare down a receiver .no matter how many times he is told he will never learn

Champ is Champ bro. Asmough is kind of a Quiet guy IMO. champ will get his respect and he wont have a problem calling D-hall out. You know why b.c Champ Played with

Deion Sanders
Darrell Green.

So if he says anything it would be fooish.

Justblaze2729
11-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Champ is Champ bro. Asmough is kind of a Quiet guy IMO. champ will get his respect and he wont have a problem calling D-hall out. You know why b.c Champ Played with

Deion Sanders
Darrell Green.

So if he says anything it would be fooish.

yeah but d hall doesnt seem like the type of guy that would take direction from anyone ...its not like he came to oakland and became a ****** hes been like that his whole career

cloud of dust
11-04-2008, 08:04 PM
If we could get him cheap enough I'd be all for getting him, Champ, Dre, and Hall would be great. Won't happen though.

It is interesting that Bly-Bailey and Hall-Asomogua were called maybe the two best CB tandems in the league before the season started. It all comes down to front four pressure, does'nt it.

-Rod-
11-04-2008, 08:12 PM
It is interesting that Bly-Bailey and Hall-Asomogua were called maybe the two best CB tandems in the league before the season started. It all comes down to front four pressure, does'nt it.

Yes, but when a CB allows 2 TDs because he slipped or misses an interception when the ball hits his chest, something is wrong with him too.

Champ>NFL
11-04-2008, 08:27 PM
yeah but d hall doesnt seem like the type of guy that would take direction from anyone ...its not like he came to oakland and became a ****** hes been like that his whole career

Randy Moss - Cris Carter.

Brett Favre-Mike holmgren.

Ceartin react diff in diff enviorments.

knoxman36and2
11-04-2008, 08:59 PM
If we can get him for cheap sure. But Mr. Ego would probably want a good deal of money for his currently below average services.

Although I think if we did sign Hall and he got some mentoring from Champ he could finally use all that God-given talent and play up to his full potential.

I'm in agreement with you. I don't think he will fall to us because he will want more money than what he is worth, however considering his drop in stock value this year because of performance he may not get the money he wants.
If by some chance we can get him for a reasonable price I would be all for picking him up. He would definitely benefit from Champs mentoring (if he will listen to it) and could be a much better CB and player overall, than he is now.

#24 Next Champ
11-04-2008, 10:52 PM
I think it'd be great to have Hall and Bailey on the same side and btw for everyone who's trippin' bout him not listenin' to Bailey...if you guys watched the pregame for Oakland he said he wants to be the best cornerback but he isn't Champ Bailey is...he said until he can be better than him he's not the best...so he'd deff listen to champ and i think he'd be alot happier in a winning atmosphere...I just want dre out and a good young fast talent in! and he's a ballhawk...damn good CB in my opinion

but if he won't sign for a reasonable price...let him walk, he ain't worth no Champ $$

Broncos505
11-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Picking up Hall would definetly help our D, and everyone knows we need help in our secondary!!! Bly needs help on his side 4 sure...........

Chris Wade
11-05-2008, 07:18 PM
He shined in Atlanta's D. Don't think he'd get along with Shanahan's