PDA

View Full Version : Javon Walker Done...

BroncosFanInNJ
11-14-2008, 06:19 AM
Just read it on ESPN.com...so the article basically states that he's going to make 16 million dollars for 15 catches this year. God I love the Raiders...:D

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3701355

IDI I3R0NC0 IBI
11-14-2008, 07:04 AM
He wont be there long. Stupid duece deserves it.

PowderAddict
11-14-2008, 09:53 AM
Just read it on ESPN.com...so the article basically states that he's going to make 16 million dollars for 15 catches this year. God I love the Raiders...:D

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3701355

Dang, you guys are cold!

I can't believe you are reveling in someone else's misfortune!!!! :fight:

snicker chuckle laugh laugh

saltybuggah
11-14-2008, 10:05 AM
who didnt see this coming.... besides al davis

im not one for wanting any player to have any sort of injury but javon was bound to happen...

i didnt see the raiders play last week so i dont know how javon looked or if he got hurt during the game..

its suspicious thou that the raiders were talking about getting rid of players (ie hall) and not paying out their saleries but now javon will still get the remainder of this years money because its an injury...

conspiracy :confused:

ebsoria
11-14-2008, 10:08 AM
I.... errr..... just that I..... oh boy. /palmface ...... as a player, I feel for the guy. But for another plume in the fedora of Raider futility.... HA!!!

CanDB
11-14-2008, 10:08 AM
Cmon gang......the Raiders over achieve every year, by getting the least value for the most money. That takes a lot of skill. And they also strive (with excellence of some sort!!) to get the best player ouit of college each year, and you must admit, they always have a legit shot....

GreasyQtip
11-14-2008, 10:14 AM
Now Lelie can come in and do his part to help the Broncos after we got rid of him too.:rockon:

sean669
11-14-2008, 10:19 AM
I laugh at the Raiders stupidity...

At the same time, I feel bad for Walker. Most of this because he had a tissy fit in the Broncos locker room on camera. I get it, him showing his selfish side and telling the whole world on camera his troubles with the team is unforgivable. I still feel like he was dealing with some post tramatic stress from Darrent dying pretty much in his arms when he had that break down.

(also cudos in my opinion to Mike for flat out cutting him last year, and not being vendictive, he could have made walkers life miserable, so all Shanny haters suck on that)
:coffee:

Indianabroncoman
11-14-2008, 10:54 AM
The dysfuncutional team of the nfl with another setback. Players go to the raiders to end their careers anyway. Its not like he ever did anything in Dever but watch from the sidelines

CoryWinget81
11-14-2008, 11:08 AM
What a sad day.
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o247/terranace/javon.jpg

This is who and what we are making fun of. This man had his best friend die in his arms. How many of us could say we could hold it together after being bled all over by your best friend dying in your arms? I mean HONESTLY hold it together not the "I'm a big bad forum poster that could overcome anything because its what I want people to do" person.

Everyone that pokes fun at Javon or makes fun of him and his situation should be ashamed of themselves.

sean669
11-14-2008, 11:16 AM
I think I was trying to say what you said. Only thing though is, know what actually with the exception of "they should feel ashamed of themselves", I agree with everything you said, which is what again, I was tyring to say.
I just happen to think they are entitled to feel how they feel, even if (and I love how you put it, they are "BIG BAD" posters. See alot of that on alot of threads. I call um computer tough guys....lol...

I really think it was PTSD for him. I still laugh at the Raiders though, it's in my nature....:salute!:

PowderAddict
11-14-2008, 11:43 AM
Riiiight, because Walker wasn't known as a head case and "Me Me Me" guy at Green Bay.

It only happened in Denver after the tragedy.

I wanted him to do good in Denver, I really did, but his attitude is what lost him his job here. And that wasn't a new thing.

I feel very bad for what he went through. That doesn't excuse childish behavior though.

getlynched47
11-14-2008, 11:45 AM
I got it yesterday...you're welcome :thumb:

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?p=2418337&posted=1#post2418337

Bronco Axe
11-14-2008, 11:53 AM
What a sad day.

This is who and what we are making fun of. This man had his best friend die in his arms. How many of us could say we could hold it together after being bled all over by your best friend dying in your arms? I mean HONESTLY hold it together not the "I'm a big bad forum poster that could overcome anything because its what I want people to do" person.

Everyone that pokes fun at Javon or makes fun of him and his situation should be ashamed of themselves.

Is this a photo of what I think it is? Not cool if it is. And even more uncool of you who are ragging on Javon.

str8jacket
11-14-2008, 12:07 PM
Good luck at whatever you end up doing in life Javon :salute:

I appreciate what you gave us in your time, and don't fault you at all. You've been through more than I could ever imagine.

SlyBronco
11-14-2008, 12:50 PM
What a sad day.

You know what dude, I feel for Walker but thats just whinny, yes he had a tramatic experience.

But anyone you pick on might have had worse. So I guess maybe you should remember that.

But on the other hand, It wont stop my from laughing and picking on the guy. Its not like they are making fun of the fact he died in his arms. If Walker isn't about to commit suicide or anything serous like that. Then who cares if he gets picked on.

BR0NCOFANATIC
11-14-2008, 01:14 PM
He has the gift of the gab. He talked his way into the money he received throughout his career. Never lived up to any of it.

Ravage!!!
11-14-2008, 03:37 PM
A LOT of people go through tragedy.... that never excuses their behavior afterwards. Javon was a money mongor when coming to Denver.. and was a money mongor when leaving. I give him congrats on accumulating a lot of money for giving very little.

RocketArm006
11-14-2008, 03:46 PM
What a sad day.

If he would have said he couldn't get passed the tragedy and said that he wanted out of Denver because of the sad memory, that would be a different story.

But Noooooo, he comes out and says (after an injury plagued season where he missed 12 games) the Broncos aren't involving me in the offense enough, they aren't using my talent enough, I want out.

Nobody is making fun of the tragedy he indured. He is ridiculed for his selfish behavior, big difference.

The Dark Knight
11-14-2008, 04:46 PM
A LOT of people go through tragedy.... that never excuses their behavior afterwards. Javon was a money mongor when coming to Denver.. and was a money mongor when leaving. I give him congrats on accumulating a lot of money for giving very little.

A very good agent apparently. Or at least good enough.

Broncofan1990
11-14-2008, 04:57 PM
I would rag on Javon.... but i'm not anymore.... you wont see him be a #1 wide out anymore..... and it really is not because of injuries or the death of d-will.... its because of his mouth and lack of skill...

Plummer#16
11-14-2008, 05:07 PM
Walker is a damn good receiver if you ask me. He was going through more of a hard time than anyone. I'm not saying that Williams death wasn't hard on the whole team, but when you are sitting in the same limousine as your friend, watching him get shot, and then watch him die in your arms bleeding all over you. He has a right to feel the way he does. I was sad to hear him say that he didn't want to stay in Denver. When Shanahan was the one who noticed he didn't get a lot of playing time in Green Bay so brought he was brought to Denver where he had a chance to shine and did. He will succeed where ever he goes.

ebsoria
11-14-2008, 05:45 PM
. He will succeed where ever he goes.

Ummm, yeah... because he has been so awesome in Oakland???

AznBroncoFan
11-14-2008, 06:03 PM
Ok enough whining about the guy. We all know the biggest whiner in the NFL is brett favre!!!!!!!

Dean
11-14-2008, 06:42 PM
Jovan, as far as I can tell, was no different after the murder of Darrent than he was before. He wanted more money in Green Bay. He trashed their organization and threw his team mates under the bus to get traded to Denver.

At the end of last year in Denver, he wanted to be the our Qbs number one receiver even though he was injured. It was rumored that he didn't want to change his contract though there was never any word that he had been asked to. In response to these issues, what did he do? He trashed his team mates and threw the head coach and the organization under the bus.

Do you see a trend here?

As a player, he has had two good years- one in Green Bay and one in Denver. The rest of the time he has been nothing special. Yet, he acts the role of a prima donna.

After the dire consequences of New Years, he was involved in a Champagne spraying incident at a club in Las Vegas just before the first day of preseason. The possible effects of his choices seems to have not been learned. He met two strangers after two o'clock in the morning on a street corner and was beaten and robbed. His multiple stories of the event did not match the police report. He told the media that he had been forcefully dragged out of his hotel room. He lied once again.

Once he returns to the Raider's Training Camp, he was playing poorly and wanted to quit- even if it meant giving up his huge contract. Al, the Crypt Keeper, talked him out of quitting but his play has been terrible. Now, he is being forced by injury to take the year off after less than twenty receptions.

I don't think much of his sorry excuse for loyalty and his me-me-me attitude. He has shown himself to be a liar and a slow learner. He doesn't seem to understand that night life can be hazzardous to one's health.

Money and being the #1 receiver are all that appears important to Jovan. My bet is before next season starts he makes an attempt to get released by the Raiders. If he does, my bet is that he will attack his team mates and the organization.

Plummer#16
11-14-2008, 06:59 PM
I honestly did not know that all Walker cared about was the money. I didn't see much playing time in Green Bay from what Shanahan had said when he brought Walker over, but now Walker says he isn't included in enough offense when he acts like that!?! I am ashamed.

KansasKrista
11-14-2008, 10:51 PM
Jovan, as far as I can tell, was no different after the murder of Darrent than he was before. He wanted more money in Green Bay. He trashed their organization and threw his team mates under the bus to get traded to Denver.

At the end of last year in Denver, he wanted to be the our Qbs number one receiver even though he was injured. It was rumored that he didn't want to change his contract though there was never any word that he had been asked to. In response to these issues, what did he do? He trashed his team mates and threw the head coach and the organization under the bus.

Do you see a trend here?

As a player, he has had two good years- one in Green Bay and one in Denver. The rest of the time he has been nothing special. Yet, he acts the role of a prima donna.

After the dire consequences of New Years, he was involved in a Champagne spraying incident at a club in Las Vegas just before the first day of preseason. The possible effects of his choices seems to have not been learned. He met two strangers after two o'clock in the morning on a street corner and was beaten and robbed. His multiple stories of the event did not match the police report. He told the media that he had been forcefully dragged out of his hotel room. He lied once again.

Once he returns to the Raider's Training Camp, he was playing poorly and wanted to quit- even if it meant giving up his huge contract. Al, the Crypt Keeper, talked him out of quitting but his play has been terrible. Now, he is being forced by injury to take the year off after less than twenty receptions.

I don't think much of his sorry excuse for loyalty and his me-me-me attitude. He has shown himself to be a liar and a slow learner. He doesn't seem to understand that night life can be hazzardous to one's health.

Money and being the #1 receiver are all that appears important to Jovan. My bet is before next season starts he makes an attempt to get released by the Raiders. If he does, my bet is that he will attack his team mates and the organization.

This is a good summary of Javon Walker. Now, what he went through in Denver must have been a nightmare... but, I recall in an interview he did on HBO that he didn't want any help... it was suggested to him that he seek some therapy for what he went through and he seemed completely closed off to that. Maybe, if the man got some therapy he would be in a better place today. I wish him the best but, it is true Javon was always one of those "diva" receivers.

Drunk Bronco
11-14-2008, 10:54 PM
Dang, you guys are cold!

I can't believe you are reveling in someone else's misfortune!!!! :fight:

snicker chuckle laugh laughwho cares...javon is a bum:Pi said b marsh was better from day 1