PDA

View Full Version : The #1 Reason why Vick shouldn't never play again.

RxDx
11-14-2008, 11:33 PM
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2930&d=1226729446

p.s. that's my pug Maggie

Senses Fail
11-14-2008, 11:37 PM
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2930&d=1226729446

p.s. that's my pug Maggie

Pug, not Pitbull.

Your dogs safe... for now ;)

Twizlers
11-14-2008, 11:38 PM
The #1 reason Vick should not even be released from prison imo.

People say "well, he screwed up but everyone deserves a second chance."
But what he did was wrong in so many ways. We need the death penalty reinstated.

RxDx
11-14-2008, 11:47 PM
Pug, not Pitbull.

Your dogs safe... for now ;)

I don't know man... She seems to think shes a pitbull. Vick might be taking notes on: "If they act like a pitbull there a pitbull".

Bronco-24
11-14-2008, 11:57 PM
I don't know man... She seems to think shes a pitbull. Vick might be taking notes on: "If they act like a pitbull there a pitbull".

Cute Pug man. Got two myself. Mia and Cinder. 14 and 11 lol.
:salute!:

DEN7ER
11-15-2008, 12:57 AM
vick isn't some doggie-serial killer that has uncontrollable urges to taste canine blood or simply harm animals...

he got involved in an awful barbaric underground sport.
he's serving his debt to society, let the man play. :salute!:

your dogs are safe :rolleyes:

cute pug though, i really want a pug!

CutlerEra06
11-15-2008, 01:46 AM
I wish he would have gotten 5 years..If it was up to me though, he would get 10 because he was not sorry and would have kept doing it if he had not gotten caught..He's the worse type of human being on the planet, one who enjoys the abuse of others for their own personal satisfaction.

Here is champ:

http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t322/photo-bucket27/000_0285.jpg

http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t322/photo-bucket27/000_0289.jpg

and here is bailey:

http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t322/photo-bucket27/000_0251.jpg

http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t322/photo-bucket27/000_0263.jpg

Bronco_Hyde
11-15-2008, 02:20 AM
And how is any of this related to the Broncos??

CutlerEra06
11-15-2008, 02:42 AM
And how is any of this related to the Broncos??

Well I did name my 2 pups champ and bailey;):rockon::salute!:

chazoe60
11-15-2008, 02:49 AM

But what he did was wrong in so many ways. We need the death penalty reinstated.

Ummm....A couple of things, first they never got rid of the death penalty, so It does not need to be reinstated. Second, how can you compare a humans life to that of a dog? Yes what Vick did was disgusting and wrong in so many ways, however to say he deserves the death penalty is ridiculous.

slostenracing
11-15-2008, 03:20 AM
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/5373/lfe95b636a7713e1ebe8c91hi9.jpg

That would be my reason although if anyone has a schnauzer I am willing to pit this nutball dog against it

Kapaibro
11-15-2008, 04:51 AM
vick isn't some doggie-serial killer that has uncontrollable urges to taste canine blood or simply harm animals...

he got involved in an awful barbaric underground sport.
he's serving his debt to society, let the man play. :salute!:

your dogs are safe :rolleyes:

cute pug though, i really want a pug!

He is not paying his debt. He is serving 23 months of a minimum 10 year sentence, just for the federal dog fighting charges. He is not going to serve time in jail for the animal cruelty acts. He is a convicted felon who knowingly, and willingly, broke his NFL contract.

He does not deserve a second chance in the NFL. It is a priviledge to play in this league, and he screwed his chance royally.

Botan
11-15-2008, 05:12 AM
Even if he is reinstated, there would be only 1 franchise crazy enough to take him and that would be the Raiders. Al Davis has lost his mind, so there is vick's only chance. No other franchise would risk loosing fans, or respect for bringing in somebody so controversial. The raiders would be the only team I could see doing it since we all know how Al Davis gets enamored with play makers. The falcons certainly wont be taking him back now that they have Ryan and are trying to forget the Vick years.

If Vick did get reinstated, I can almost guarantee there would be a ton of protests and people vowing to never watch an NFL game again. There's just no way Goodell can do it, and if he does, its going to make him one of the more scrutinized persons in the US for quite awhile. So I guess the point of all this rambling is to say, I highly doubt we have to worry about Vick ever, but I suppose anything can happen.

sethro109
11-15-2008, 05:15 AM
Ummm....A couple of things, first they never got rid of the death penalty, so It does not need to be reinstated. Second, how can you compare a humans life to that of a dog? Yes what Vick did was disgusting and wrong in so many ways, however to say he deserves the death penalty is ridiculous.

Humans are evil only thinking of themselves. Animals are pure. Death should befall Vick in the same manner as the dogs. Forced to fight bitten and clawed to death.

Kapaibro
11-15-2008, 05:17 AM
Even if he is reinstated, there would be only 1 franchise crazy enough to take him and that would be the Raiders. Al Davis has lost his mind, so there is vick's only chance. No other franchise would risk loosing fans, or respect for bringing in somebody so controversial. The raiders would be the only team I could see doing it since we all know how Al Davis gets enamored with play makers. The falcons certainly wont be taking him back now that they have Ryan and are trying to forget the Vick years.

If Vick did get reinstated, I can almost guarantee there would be a ton of protests and people vowing to never watch an NFL game again. There's just no way Goodell can do it, and if he does, its going to make him one of the more scrutinized persons in the US for quite awhile. So I guess the point of all this rambling is to say, I highly doubt we have to worry about Vick ever, but I suppose anything can happen.

Good points. The Falcons owner was so hurt and betrayed by Vick's blatant lies to him that he will never take him back. Goodell would be under an immense amount of public pressure to never let him play again.
I'm not just looking at this from the animal cruelty angle (for which he will not serve time for), but he bets on 'sporting' events. That alone should give the NFL pause to wonder what else he might gamble on.

Botan
11-15-2008, 05:31 AM
Good points. The Falcons owner was so hurt and betrayed by Vick's blatant lies to him that he will never take him back. Goodell would be under an immense amount of public pressure to never let him play again.
I'm not just looking at this from the animal cruelty angle (for which he will not serve time for), but he bets on 'sporting' events. That alone should give the NFL pause to wonder what else he might gamble on.

I really had not ever taken that into account. I just really can't see how Vick gets reinstated. If he does, I'll be surprised, disappointed and impressed at the same time that Goodell could make such a decision.

slostenracing
11-15-2008, 05:51 AM

While I agree with all your points, this is a dog eat dog world. There are a number of a franchises that would take him now and no one can make speculation NOW about which ones would in a year or two when he is actually able to come back.

This is the NFL where season ticket lists go on for decades, not the NHL that just a couple years back had to get bought out by a group of investors just to survive for a few more. Any team could take him and not lose much of a fan base. Not to mention they acquire the Mike Vick fans (Don't care what you say there is still A LOT of them) in their place.

Again this isn't like MLS or something. This is the NFL, with a money hungry man running it. He could care less about protests or people vowing never to watch a game again cause he knows someone else will take his place and everyone knows protests are just something that was made for the internet age to joke about.

anton...
11-15-2008, 06:38 AM
if a man, and that means any man, is found guilty he does not deserve a 'second chance' but rather an equal opportunity to regain ones life once the the issued sentence has been served...

if anyone does not believe in this, then it can only be my presumption that this 'anyone' does not believe in the penal system that governs your nation...

if you dont believe in your system...

why not go and kill vick yourself...

remember, you dont believe in the penal system...

it mustnt be real then...

yep...

easy to say 'bring the death penalty back'

if it came down to it, would you honestly be willing to pull that trigger on a man who has done his time??

Wolverine83
11-15-2008, 07:04 AM
He is not paying his debt. He is serving 23 months of a minimum 10 year sentence, just for the federal dog fighting charges. He is not going to serve time in jail for the animal cruelty acts. He is a convicted felon who knowingly, and willingly, broke his NFL contract.

He does not deserve a second chance in the NFL. It is a priviledge to play in this league, and he screwed his chance royally.

I couldn't agree more.
This isn't a case of someone not getting a harsh sentence because it was dogs and not people, it is a case of ANOTHER rich athlete getting out of a FAIR sentence, and trying to play the victim.
Justice won't be served unless a pack of wolves rips him to shreds. Stick him in Yellowstone - maybe a grizzly bear will go all "Michael Vick" on him and slam his head to the ground until he is dead.

The Doctor
11-15-2008, 07:39 AM
I agree that Vick should not be allowed back in the league as well. I work with convicted felons everyday, and its very rare that they find a job that pays more than minimum wage. Most employers are unwilling to forgive that felony record for insurance purposes i am assuming. Afraid they may go postal on em. The NFL should be the same, if they have proven they cant make it in society, then they dont deserve the PRIVELEGE of playing in the league and making the big money. He had his chance, thought he was untouchable as many of them do, and now he is KINDA OF paying the price.

If he is allowed back in and the raiders dont take em, i bet the cowboys would take em. :eek:

Zoneblock249
11-15-2008, 07:44 AM
I enjoy a nice big juicy steak every now and then. Dogs, cats, cows, sheep, snakes, shrimp, shark, monkeys, and any other animal all fall into the same category. Dogs arent any different than any other animal except "humans" choose whats acceptable to eat and whats not......so what makes a cow any less of an animal than a dog or cat? Who cares? Think about that "poor" cow next time you bite into that steak or angus beef burger. Whats even more sicker than what Vick did are the people who put the value of an animals life over human life. Lets talk about these killers, rapist, and sex offenders that live next door to us who got a "second chance".

Kapaibro
11-15-2008, 08:00 AM
I enjoy a nice big juicy steak every now and then. Dogs, cats, cows, sheep, snakes, shrimp, shark, monkeys, and any other animal all fall into the same category. Dogs arent any different than any other animal except "humans" choose whats acceptable to eat and whats not......so what makes a cow any less of an animal than a dog or cat? Who cares? Think about that "poor" cow next time you bite into that steak or angus beef burger. Whats even more sicker than what Vick did are the people who put the value of an animals life over human life. Lets talk about these killers, rapist, and sex offenders that live next door to us who got a "second chance".

Um, he is in prison for federal gambling offenses. He will not serve time for animal cruelty, he will have probation.
He did not kill these animals for food, he killed them, in the least humane way possible for not performing.
Kinda like if we decided to beat Brandon Marshall to death for dropping the ball in the endzone.

Vick got into trouble, not because people are soft fluffy vegetarians, but because dog fighting is ILLEGAL and so is gambling on the 'sport'.

saltybuggah
11-15-2008, 08:08 AM
Um, he is in prison for federal gambling offenses. He will not serve time for animal cruelty, he will have probation.
He did not kill these animals for food, he killed them, in the least humane way possible for not performing.
Kinda like if we decided to beat Brandon Marshall to death for dropping the ball in the endzone.

Vick got into trouble, not because people are soft fluffy vegetarians, but because dog fighting is ILLEGAL and so is gambling on the 'sport'.

i do believe that the commish already stated that if and when vick get out he will review the case... if he finds that vick was involved in the gambling, directly, he will no longer play... correct me if im wrong vick is in jail due to being the financial backer of the whole thing and not due to the gambling aspect directly...

if he is involved with the gambling, which one would assume easily cuz of the financial backing he would be out of the league for good...

Kapaibro
11-15-2008, 08:12 AM
i do believe that the commish already stated that if and when vick get out he will review the case... if he finds that vick was involved in the gambling, directly, he will no longer play... correct me if im wrong vick is in jail due to being the financial backer of the whole thing and not due to the gambling aspect directly...

if he is involved with the gambling, which one would assume easily cuz of the financial backing he would be out of the league for good...

Part of the charges were crossing state lines to participate in the gambling of an illegal sport.

Zoneblock249
11-15-2008, 08:17 AM

Thats the problem right there, comparing Brandon Marshall's life to that of an animal. Are you serious? We are talking about some dogs here, not humans. "Kinda like if we decided to beat Brandon Marshall to death for dropping the ball in the endzone." Seriously? Human Life > Animal Life....sorry it just is. Please come better than that.

saltybuggah
11-15-2008, 08:24 AM
Part of the charges were crossing state lines to participate in the gambling of an illegal sport.

then he's done for good probably...

its going to be interesting what the commish does thou... he could have a change of heart and just suspend him for a year which is what im "betting" on... i think the commish will probably allow a team to pick him up but having the same deal as he gave "pacman" kinda... its going to be a year or so suspension on top of when he gets out due to him now being an active member of society again, the commish will want to see that he doesnt get into trouble anymore, ala pacman... after that he will allow another team to sign him... cowboys and or the raiders being the more likely possibitities...

the animal rights activist, i hate them (peta), are going to try and destroy vicks chances at playing and its going to get ugly... REALLY UGLY... the nfl will have a huge decision to make...

i really dont want to see him play again, personally but in a betting stance i think he does play... yeah yeah 2nd chances blah blah blah... look 2nd chances doesnt mean that you should be allowed to play in the nfl again... its a 2nd chance at life and he will get that just not in the nfl anymore... there is always canadian football... thus his 2nd chance...

saltybuggah
11-15-2008, 08:35 AM

your right about the point that human do choose what is acceptable and what is not to eat... but was vick and co. eating the dogs after the fight... it would actually be acceptable from some religious standpoint, as crazy as it sounds but he was caught doing this illegal... there is a differece between being legal way to slaughter a cow for food and illegal for dogfighting... just cuz someone was raised in an area where illegal dogfighting is popular they still know that it is illegal to do it...

why do you think that vick was so eager to deny any part of being involved with dogfighting... cuz he thought that it was legal to do and he wouldnt get have any punishment handed to him??? he knew that if his name was linked to that of dogfighting his career and life would be ruined... if thats the punishment then thats what he's gotta deal with...

humans then have to choice to follow the law or break it and suffer the consequences... if people dont like the rules in which we live by then move to a place where its legal to do such...

ImaBroncosFan
11-15-2008, 08:38 AM
Even if he is reinstated, there would be only 1 franchise crazy enough to take him and that would be the Raiders.

Except maybe the Cowboys.

SimonSteele
11-15-2008, 08:49 AM
"The number 1 reason Vick shouldn't never play again."

A dog? He SHOULD play again because of a dog? Or are you saying he should never play again? The same rules apply to English that apply to math--two negatives equal a positive.

Break your sentence down: Vick should NOT never play again.

You're saying he should play again in that sentence in an overly complex way. I'm assuming you meant the opposite.

saltybuggah
11-15-2008, 08:52 AM

A dog? He SHOULD play again because of a dog? Or are you saying he should never play again? The same rules apply to English that apply to math--two negatives equal a positive.

You're saying he should play again in that sentence in an overly complex way. I'm assuming you meant the opposite.

rotfl...

i missed that but your right... cp for making me laugh... :salute!:

ebsoria
11-15-2008, 08:56 AM

Whoa Sparky!!! Too much coffee??? You make a point... and you sidetracked the conversation pretty well... but let he who has no sin cast the first stone... :coffee:

Kapaibro
11-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Thats the problem right there, comparing Brandon Marshall's life to that of an animal. Are you serious? We are talking about some dogs here, not humans. "Kinda like if we decided to beat Brandon Marshall to death for dropping the ball in the endzone." Seriously? Human Life > Animal Life....sorry it just is. Please come better than that.

He KNOWINGLY BROKE THE LAW!!!!!

HE LIED ABOUT IT!!!

HE LIED TO HIS TEAM AND BROKE HIS CONTRACT!

He killed animals that were raised to fight(much like an athlete) for not performing. You obviously don't get that to a lot of people dogs are part of their family, and are on a par with humans. They are a damned sight more intelligent than some people I have met in my life.

If it's okay to kill dogs, then why is it a crime to do so with malice and cruelty?

Regardless of whether or not you agree on just how important dogs are to people, or whether dogs should be treated with any respect, you can not deny the fact that Vick and his accomplices KNOWINGLY and WILLINGLY broke not one law, but MULTIPLE State AND Federal laws.

That alone should make you think that perhaps he is not all sunshine and roses. He is a criminal on multiple fronts, and has not been punished to the full extent of the law.

Today's society is all to quick to be too lenient with those with money or power. Goodell should at least ban him for life at least to show the fans that whilst NFL players get paid more than most will make in a lifetime, they are NOT above the law.

MFCLOCK
11-15-2008, 09:43 AM

Are you serious - a man should stay in prison for the rest of his life for DOG FIGHTING?!?!!?! Get the :fight:outta here! I love my dogs too but DOG FIGHTING, puh-leeze! I think the punishment he has received was wayyyyy too extreme. And now some fool is making money off of it by putting the dogs pics on wine bottles :rolleyes:

MFCLOCK
11-15-2008, 09:45 AM
He KNOWINGLY BROKE THE LAW!!!!!

Today's society is all to quick to be too lenient with those with money or power. Goodell should at least ban him for life at least to show the fans that whilst NFL players get paid more than most will make in a lifetime, they are NOT above the law.

If Joe the Plumber had done it, the punishment would not have been as extreme

broncolee
11-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Of course Vick should get a second chance, from the commissioner anyway. If there's a team willing to sign him, Goodell shouldn't stand in the way of that, except perhaps adding an official one year suspension. I don't think that's necessary, but it would be understandable.

SlyBronco
11-15-2008, 10:10 AM

If you did to a cow what you have to do to a dog for and during dogfights. You would go to jail for animal cruelty!!.

I wanted to say that first before I say this. You people need to understand, humans do pretty screwed up things to animals all over the planet, most of the time its acceptable and nobody thinks any differently. Unfortunately its human nature. Should he know better, well don't be so quick to say yes. Obviously the people he was around didn't.

As despicable as it is to you and I. Not everyone see's the world as we do. So lets not go and hate someone because its popular, no I don't want Vick on my team. I don't like what he did, But I've gotten past hating the guy.

Did you know most of those dogs have been rehabilitated and a lot of them are living with loving families now. Shouldn't that be the focus, not hate.

SlyBronco
11-15-2008, 10:14 AM
If Joe the Plumber had done it, the punishment would not have been as extreme

BULL CRAP!, if Joe the Plumber did it. He would have probably gotten far worse. In my eyes celebrities get it easier when it comes to punishments.

He could have been charged with far far more, not to mention that county and city that were obviously corrupt. Hell the investigator had to call the feds in just to continue the investigation, then he got fired. But it was to late, Feds got involved thanks to that investigator that layed his job on the line for what was right.

Senses Fail
11-15-2008, 10:20 AM
Are you serious - a man should stay in prison for the rest of his life for DOG FIGHTING?!?!!?! Get the :fight:outta here! I love my dogs too but DOG FIGHTING, puh-leeze! I think the punishment he has received was wayyyyy too extreme. And now some fool is making money off of it by putting the dogs pics on wine bottles :rolleyes:

Do you think its fair how long he has served?

The guy had so much money & shouldnt even of thought about doing that. Not even for pure entertainment.

But if you were caught doing what he was, you would be sentenced to the fullest. Just because he is a celebrity, does not let him off the hook. :coffee:

emac87
11-15-2008, 10:21 AM
Some people say he "made a mistake", and "he's learned his lesson", or "he's paid his debt to society". And I am not going to argue those opinions. Some people think what he did wasn't that big of a deal because it was only dogs, and not humans.

But the way alot of those dogs were killed is what sickens me. Dogs that underperformed were hanged, electrocuted, drowned and beaten. That's a little more than just watching some pitbulls scrap it out to the death.

Do I want to see him back in the NFL? No, but if he comes back it wouldn't really affect me too much.
Do I think he's sorry for what he did? No
Do I think he deserved what he got? Yes, and he probably deserved a little more punishment, but who am I to say?
Do I wish harm to the man? No. Kharma is a beotch and will take care of that. Hopefully he really does learn from this though and becomes better for it

saltybuggah
11-15-2008, 10:26 AM
If you did to a cow what you have to do to a dog for and during dogfights. You would go to jail for animal cruelty!!.

I wanted to say that first before I say this. You people need to understand, humans do pretty screwed up things to animals all over the planet, most of the time its acceptable and nobody thinks any differently. Unfortunately its human nature. Should he know better, well don't be so quick to say yes. Obviously the people he was around didn't.

As despicable as it is to you and I. Not everyone see's the world as we do. So lets not go and hate someone because its popular, no I don't want Vick on my team. I don't like what he did, But I've gotten past hating the guy.

Did you know most of those dogs have been rehabilitated and a lot of them are living with loving families now. Shouldn't that be the focus, not hate.
for me its not about hate against vick... this is going to be about what position the nfl wants to make a stance on... do they want the heat that the vick case already brought on the nfl to be twice as much if they allow vick to play again...

he is getting what he deserves and he should in reality get more but he wont...

the highlighted portion i cant agree with... the people he was around and vick himself all knew what they were doing was illegal that's why they were covering it all up... i do agree with the fact that people do have different lifestyles and beliefs thou... heck go oversea's and people are eating dogs and its the normal... its all about being legal and illegal thou... they knew it was illegal and they still had the choice to either obey the law or not...

i knew about the dogs being rehabilitated and placed into homes but sometimes you just cant forget about those other dogs that never had the chance to be rehabilitated... its a double edge sword and some people are going to lean towards the negative aspect while others are going to try and make it positive.. **shrugs**

BULL CRAP!, if Joe the Plumber did it. He would have probably gotten far worse. In my eyes celebrities get it easier when it comes to punishments.

He could have been charged with far far more, not to mention that county and city that were obviously corrupt. Hell the investigator had to call the feds in just to continue the investigation, then he got fired. But it was to late, Feds got involved thanks to that investigator that layed his job on the line for what was right.

absolutely... and if you think any different your not being realistic... average joe wouldnt have the legal representation that someone like Vick's status does... you put ave. joe up against the feds and he doesnt stand a chance...

SimonSteele
11-15-2008, 10:35 AM
rotfl...

i missed that but your right... cp for making me laugh... :salute!:

Thanks--my goal in life is to make us all laugh!

And I think, though I deplore the man, if Vick serves his time and can still play the game then he should get a second chance. Hopefully on the Raiders.

And Ebsoria--I know correcting grammatical issues on a message board is a slippery slope, we all make mistakes, but I suppose I want to help people understand why we can't use double negatives. English teachers never tell us the why behind the rules, they only expect us to follow them.

MFCLOCK
11-15-2008, 10:44 AM
anyway...GO BRONCOS!

:salute!:

draco193
11-15-2008, 10:54 AM
if a man, and that means any man, is found guilty he does not deserve a 'second chance' but rather an equal opportunity to regain ones life once the the issued sentence has been served...

if anyone does not believe in this, then it can only be my presumption that this 'anyone' does not believe in the penal system that governs your nation...

if you dont believe in your system...

why not go and kill vick yourself...

remember, you dont believe in the penal system...

it mustnt be real then...

yep...

easy to say 'bring the death penalty back'

if it came down to it, would you honestly be willing to pull that trigger on a man who has done his time??

I dont believe in our penal system. Its a revolving door.

Fat Joe
11-15-2008, 11:07 AM

We all love animals, but thats ****in ridiculous. They were dogs that were bred to fight and die. Was it something I would participate in? Absolutely not, is it worth anything more then he's getting? **** no. They're dogs, not humans. People make such a big deal about this like its some horrific crime, theres worse things going on that people care less about and get less time for then dog fighting. Everyone gets all up in arms like they're out there recruiting cute little puppies to fight and die, these dogs are bred to fight and kill. The same way cattle, chicken, and other millions of animals that we chose to dine on are killed every day but I dont see you guys punishing farmers with questionable ways of killing their animals with the death sentence. Get a grip. Go watch whale wars and join peta or something if your so pissed off.

Well I did name my 2 pups champ and bailey;):rockon::salute!:

I named my yorkie Bailey. Shes adorable, and she will have a Champ jersey once I get a ******* job again.

RunYouOver
11-15-2008, 11:14 AM

To suggest the death penalty in Vick's case is absolutely absurd.

I don't condone his actions whatsoever, but to say that the death penalty should be involved here is just ridiculous.

And to the OP: If you're suggesting Vick shouldn't never play again, does that mean you want him back in the league? ;)

orangeblue72
11-15-2008, 11:31 AM
That is a big no no. If he was willing to bet on animals getting killed, who knows if he has bet on NFL games, maybe his games. Craig Morton most likely threw the first Super Bowl for the Broncos so there might be some games where Vick came oh so close but couldn't win. Paid his debt to society ? Please, only if you count his lost income and endorsement deals. Thanks for bring up the gambling angle. Makes me remember when Plummer flipped off a Bronco fan, which was stupid but Vick topped that he almost got into a fist fight with a Falcons fan and shouted obscenities at the fan while children attended. I have two English Bull Terriers and they think Vick is a scumbag as well.2937 Dollé and Roxy...LB's of the dog world.

broncolee
11-15-2008, 02:30 PM
That is a big no no. If he was willing to bet on animals getting killed, who knows if he has bet on NFL games, maybe his games. Craig Morton most likely threw the first Super Bowl for the Broncos so there might be some games where Vick came oh so close but couldn't win. Paid his debt to society ? Please, only if you count his lost income and endorsement deals. Thanks for bring up the gambling angle. Makes me remember when Plummer flipped off a Bronco fan, which was stupid but Vick topped that he almost got into a fist fight with a Falcons fan and shouted obscenities at the fan while children attended. I have two English Bull Terriers and they think Vick is a scumbag as well.2937 Dollé and Roxy...LB's of the dog world.

So now you want to ding for unfounded speculation that he gambled on NFL games? Whatever....:rolleyes:

Fat Joe
11-15-2008, 02:39 PM
So now you want to ding for unfounded speculation that he gambled on NFL games? Whatever....:rolleyes:

Yea...what? Fixed superbowl? *** are you babbling about?

orangeblue72
11-15-2008, 02:57 PM
It is speculation, not an accusation. If he was willing to engage in dog fighting and use whatever means neccessary to protect his interests in that, waging bets on illegal activities. He has shown no remorse except for what is needed to make it look like he is sorry for doing this for ten years. Vick is a scumbag, not just for killing dogs but for bribery, tax evasion, laundering money, wasting our tax money ( Federal investigation 10 years ), and having a real ****** attitude about having to leave the NFL. He lied to the Falcons, he lied to the NFL. Before the charges stuck, and the backroom deals were plea bargained how many were in denial saying he couldn't be involved in illegal dog fighting ? The answer way too many, obviously. If he was willing to cross the line break federal, state, and many other laws for his personal gain, as well as try to fight fans who yelled at him in Atlanta then why not. He might be like so many before him, give them a little but not all the information. As for Craig Morton look at the box score on the Super Bowl, the Cowboys had 2 turnovers that should have kept the Broncos in but Morton threw 4 INT's to a team he used to play on and knew their defense inside and out. So if you want to believe Vick only was guilty of participating in illegal dog fighting go ahead, the evidence shows a man who thinks he is above everyone else and has no morals or ethics.

SBboundBRONCOS
11-15-2008, 03:15 PM
RxDx . . . . im impressed that your pup has that much in with the comish :salute!:

cadencesdad
11-15-2008, 03:31 PM
I really don't think Goodell has any choice. He can't let Vick play. His whole agenda since he's been commish is to clean up the league. Look at the suspension of Adam Jones, and he's never even been convicted.

Not only that, but the animal rights activists number in the millions, and are powerful lobbyists. Goodel and whatever team may consider taking Vick could not withstand the picket/protests that would undoubtedly reside at every game Vick played.

The protesters would make it to uncomfortable for the fans, and owners would not even think about subjecting paying customers to any unessesary
discomfort. They do not invest millions of dollars on comfort and fun so they can subject them to protesters.

Goodel isn't dumb.

jojo187
11-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Humans are evil only thinking of themselves. Animals are pure. Death should befall Vick in the same manner as the dogs. Forced to fight bitten and clawed to death.

animals are not human beings, associating ideas of purity with animals in ridiculous.

You have a messed up sense of justice if you think vick deserve to die for what he did.

More dogs die everyday because they are given up, then Vick ever killed. You people need a reality check our society does not value dog life. Go to your local Animal Care and Control/pound and ask them how man cages they have and how many dogs they get in every day, then ask them how many dogs get rescued everyday, do the math.

Kapaibro
11-15-2008, 05:47 PM
animals are not human beings, associating ideas of purity with animals in ridiculous.

You have a messed up sense of justice if you think vick deserve to die for what he did.

More dogs die everyday because they are given up, then Vick ever killed. You people need a reality check our society does not value dog life. Go to your local Animal Care and Control/pound and ask them how man cages they have and how many dogs they get in every day, then ask them how many dogs get rescued everyday, do the math.

Teeny wee difference between not being able to care for your dog, and giving them up to be humanely destroyed, and raising dogs for illegal fighting, and killing the bad performers in very inhumane methods. Electrocution, drowning, strangulation and my personal fav, slamming their heads into concrete.

Also, in dog fighting, the pet dogs (such as pugs, yorkies etc) that get stolen to use as bait are innocent.

Yes, dogs can be perceived as innocent. They are instincual creatures, and do not have free choice as people do.

Yes, some people have crappy attitudes to animals, yes, there is cruelty everywhere (Hey, I live in Spain, and trust me, bull-fighting is NOT nice), but the MAJORITY of people who do have animals treat them well.

For those animals raised for food, they are killed humanely, and their killings are NOT ILLEGAL.

I do not think the death sentence is appropriate for Vick, but I do not think he has served sufficient time for his crimes. I also do not think he is remorseful, only sorry that he got caught, and lost the funding for this ILLEGAL enterprise.

cadencesdad
11-15-2008, 05:54 PM

Only semi-true. Man does value dog life. Most states have passed laws making animal abuse a felony, including Georgia. Also, unlike animal shelters (which promote animal rights) Vick took animal lives in inhumane ways, such as drowning, electrocution, and blunt force trauma.

I agree that animal life is not viewed as important as human life, and shouldn't be. However, if only 6 states still consider pet abuse (such as electrocution, blunt force trauma etc;) a misdemeanor, then considering they found eight slain dogs buried in Vicks back yard, he got off easy.

CutlerEra06
11-15-2008, 06:10 PM
A dogs life does not have as much value as a humans. However, a Dog feels just as much pain. Vick was putting those dogs through the worst type of punishment some sick person could conjure up. He did it for his own personal satisfaction and was not sorry and would have continued had he not gotten caught. He's sorry now cause he was facing charges, if he never got caught he would still be doing it. He has millions of dollars and still found it necessary, which only shows he was doing as a sport, which means he got enjoyment out of watching them compete..that sick.

Vick, I wish bad things upon you for the rest of your life and I hope no team is willing to give you another chance..good luck in your comeback, I hope both of your legs are broken if you do ever make another start in the nfl.

LordTrychon
11-15-2008, 06:45 PM
I see two arguments here.

A) He didn't get enough time... or would've gotten more or should've gotten more... All the claims that he would've gotten more if he wasn't a celebrity... what about the people that were more involved in the same enterprise and were let off without penalty so that they could go after Vick? In this case, it's arguable that he got it worse because they wanted to make an example of him. I don't know how often these sorts of things are busted... and what the penalty often runs on them. He was given a ruling by our legal system and served it. I don't really care what others think he 'should' have gotten. If you don't like the way certain punishments are given out, you need to lobby to have those laws changed. Vick's punishment was based on current laws.

B) It was illegal and therefor he shouldn't be allowed back in the NFL. YES what he did was illegal and YES it was wrong. Simply breaking a law is not enough to bar someone from playing in the NFL. I know that it's not comparable... but a DUI, which is illegal because you risk human lives, is not allowable to even suspend a player on one offense.

falconidae
11-15-2008, 09:29 PM
Hello,
I'm a falcon's fan, and have obviously been very interested in the Vick case.
The falcon's messageboard had to set up a separate vick forum for awhile.
It broke my sportsfan's heart to see him waste his talent like that. I've gone through a whole bunch of emotions and come out the other side, I don't care anymore- he'll be someone else's problem from now on.

Couple of points,
Vick is on the roster only because he's suspended and suspended player's salaries don't count against the salary cap. His prorated bonuses end in 2009, so there won't be any salary cap repercussions if he's released then. If he'd been released earlier, the bonuses would have accelerated and snarled up the salary cap for the Falcons.

Earliest possible playing date for Vick is 2009, his salary for 2009 is 15 million, 2010 is 11 mil. Any team that trades for him has to take that salary. I don't think even Al Davis is that crazy.

I've read posts about vick on many different messageboards, and there's alot of feelings both ways. There's violent hatred on the raider's board for example.

Blank has said repeatedly that vick isn't coming back to the falcons. I can't imagine anyone trading for him, he'll be released as soon as it makes financial sense.

I don't know what will happen with Goddell. If he reinstates him, someone will sign him. I think he might let him play again simply because if Vick rehabs his image, makes it all the way back and plays well; its a great feel good story.
If he screws up again, he can say" I gave him another chance" Goddell would look good either way.

LordTrychon
11-15-2008, 09:31 PM
Hello,
I'm a falcon's fan, and have obviously been very interested in the Vick case.
The falcon's messageboard had to set up a separate vick forum for awhile.
It broke my sportsfan's heart to see him waste his talent like that. I've gone through a whole bunch of emotions and come out the other side, I don't care anymore- he'll be someone else's problem from now on.

Couple of points,
Vick is on the roster only because he's suspended and suspended player's salaries don't count against the salary cap. His prorated bonuses end in 2009, so there won't be any salary cap repercussions if he's released then. If he'd been released earlier, the bonuses would have accelerated and snarled up the salary cap for the Falcons.

Earliest possible playing date for Vick is 2009, his salary for 2009 is 15 million, 2010 is 11 mil. Any team that trades for him has to take that salary. I don't think even Al Davis is that crazy.

I've read posts about vick on many different messageboards, and there's alot of feelings both ways. There's violent hatred on the raider's board for example.

Blank has said repeatedly that vick isn't coming back to the falcons. I can't imagine anyone trading for him, he'll be released as soon as it makes financial sense.

I don't know what will happen with Goddell. If he reinstates him, someone will sign him. I think he might let him play again simply because if Vick rehabs his image, makes it all the way back and plays well; its a great feel good story.
If he screws up again, he can say" I gave him another chance" Goddell would look good either way.

Did you see what Davis paid Walker for 15 catches? :laugh:

falconidae
11-15-2008, 09:39 PM
Did you see what Davis paid Walker for 15 catches? :laugh:

Yeah, but even Davis is smart enough to wait til the falcons release him............ I think.

RxDx
11-15-2008, 11:46 PM
Zoneblock249- A taste of reality for your clearly ignorant mind.

http://www.usanimalprotection.org/gypsy100.jpg
http://www.pbrc.net/pictures9/mystic4051.jpg
http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/sadreality/photos/triumph0605.jpg
http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/sadreality/photos/brooklynn0105_2.jpg

http://www.criminalswanted.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/michael-vick.jpg

WHAT A GREAT PERSON.

WHAT A GREAT ROLE MODEL FOR KIDS.

Dogs are mans best friend and will give unconditional love to human beings how dare someone miss treat them like this. Vick is a subhuman and I wish he had to serve that full 10 year sentence.

I Apologize for the graphic pictures but this is the reality of what Michael Vick did.

Thanatos
11-16-2008, 02:42 AM
As I said on another thread, if you believe in our system of justice and payment of one's debt to society based on what a court rules, then, when the day comes that Vick steps out of that jail, he has paid his debt to society in full. He has every right to resume his normal life and earn a living in his career field.

People are such hyprocrites when it comes to the idea of justice being served. It's time people just get over it. He did a bad thing. He was punished for it. He's serving the punishment right now. When that punishment is over, his slate is clean as far as ANYBODY should be concerned...

Kapaibro
11-16-2008, 03:19 AM
As I said on another thread, if you believe in our system of justice and payment of one's debt to society based on what a court rules, then, when the day comes that Vick steps out of that jail, he has paid his debt to society in full. He has every right to resume his normal life and earn a living in his career field.

People are such hyprocrites when it comes to the idea of justice being served. It's time people just get over it. He did a bad thing. He was punished for it. He's serving the punishment right now. When that punishment is over, his slate is clean as far as ANYBODY should be concerned...

So the NFL should ignore his convictions and time served and say "Welcome back Michael!", despite him wilfully breaking the conduct policy for 10 years, and violating his contract?

Chris Wade
11-16-2008, 07:56 AM

Everybody but his parole officer.

sean669
11-16-2008, 08:12 AM

Thank you. :salute:I was about to post something out of anger, but read your post and think you covered it.

My last take:
I wish people cared about human life the same way they cared about animal life. I care about all animals. I remember being young and stepping on ants that ran across the sidewalk, and felt so guilty for it. I remember those feelings. Dont think anyone has the right to take away someone elses life. I had a friend who is single and said they wouldnt mind cleaning up after a dogs vomit over a humans or even a family member. To me there is just something wrong with that! Knowone will condone Vicks behaivor. Its tragic that people want to kill him though. However this is America, and people have the right to be nasty and ignorant to other people with their opinions, even if they are hypocrites!

Kapaibro
11-16-2008, 09:41 AM
Thank you. :salute:I was about to post something out of anger, but read your post and think you covered it.

My last take:
I wish people cared about human life the same way they cared about animal life. I care about all animals. I remember being young and stepping on ants that ran across the sidewalk, and felt so guilty for it. I remember those feelings. Dont think anyone has the right to take away someone elses life. I had a friend who is single and said they wouldnt mind cleaning up after a dogs vomit over a humans or even a family member. To me there is just something wrong with that! Knowone will condone Vicks behaivor. Its tragic that people want to kill him though. However this is America, and people have the right to be nasty and ignorant to other people with their opinions, even if they are hypocrites!

How do you suggest a dog clean up their vomit as opposed to an able bodied human being?

I don't wish death upon Vick, I just don't think that such a criminal, regardless of time served, should be permitted to play again, in a league that he so openly mocked with his crimes.

Ravage!!!
11-16-2008, 09:44 AM
He served his time in prison. He did his time. People have.. HAVE... to learn to accept that a person served their time for doing their crime, you MUST allow them back into society and let them live their lives.

There is no reason why Mike Vick should not be allowed to play in the NFL if he is able to play and compete.

sean669
11-16-2008, 09:49 AM
How do you suggest a dog clean up their vomit as opposed to an able bodied human being?

I don't wish death upon Vick, I just don't think that such a criminal, regardless of time served, should be permitted to play again, in a league that he so openly mocked with his crimes.

Really:confused:
Its a generalization. The comment made from this woman was that she would feel better about picking up dog vomit than human vomit...I.e. if both are sick.

Ex:...Lets say your spouse is sick, and throws up.... Lets say your dog is sick and throws up. She said she would feel better about picking up after the ladder.....

Im glad you dont wish death apon Vick. However some people advocated the death penalty for him. I think that a bit extreem thats all.....

As for crimes being mocked....
I say this with all honesty and hope you, and people like you try to understand, if not, so be it. Dog fighting in the south as ignorant as it is, is apart of that culture. We are all products of our environment. Sometimes people dont appreciate things until they are stripped from them. Sometimes people get punished and learn something. Its called rehabilitation. The only people I think that can't be rehabed are, sexual child abusers, and sometimes child murderers......Im sorry you feel that Vick should not ever have a chance at redemption, but your entitled.

Kapaibro
11-16-2008, 09:59 AM
Really:confused:
Its a generalization. The comment made from this woman was that she would feel better about picking up dog vomit than human vomit...I.e. if both are sick.

Ex:...Lets say your spouse is sick, and throws up.... Lets say your dog is sick and throws up. She said she would feel better about picking up after the ladder.....

Im glad you dont wish death apon Vick. However some people advocated the death penalty for him. I think that a bit extreem thats all.....

As for crimes being mocked....
I say this with all honesty and hope you, and people like you try to understand, if not, so be it. Dog fighting in the south as ignorant as it is, is apart of that culture. We are all products of our environment. Sometimes people dont appreciated things until they are stripped from them. Sometimes people get punished and learn something. Its called rehabilitation. The only people I think that can't be rehabed are, sexual child abusers, and sometimes child murderers......Im sorry you feel that Vick should not ever have a chance at redemption, but your entitled.

Don't you dare feel sorry for me.

I think that there are laws that Vick broke, and yes he is serving some time for those crimes, but not what an average person would serve.
I think that the NFL has conduct policies, which Vick knowingly broke for 10 years.
I think that such wilful disobedience should be punished appropriately.
He has not been punished by the NFL yet, so I think Goodell should stand behind his zero-tolerance policy, and show Vick that such flagrant criminal activity is not acceptable.

Vick is not rehabilitated. He is not sorry for the crimes he has committed, and the BS about dogfighting being cultural is just that, BS. Vck is only sorry he got caught.
We're not talking about something like Bull-fighting which actually has a long historical and cultural history in Spain. We are talking about people who know better, know they are breaking the law (that's why there are laws, because it is NOT acceptable), and do it anyway.

sean669
11-16-2008, 10:12 AM
Don't you dare feel sorry for me.

ummm...:confused:
I said "I feel sorry you feel that way"....
That would mean I feel sorry for Vick, not you..:coffee:

I think that such wilful disobedience should be punished appropriately.
He has not been punished by the NFL yet, so I think Goodell should stand behind his zero-tolerance policy, and show Vick that such flagrant criminal activity is not acceptable.

He was judged by a jury of his "so called peers". Everyone loves that line, until it backfires on them. We agree that its a Goodell decision, I however am not willing to make that for him. As an outside observer I feel he should relax that zero tolerance policy. Lately, so does Goodell if you take a deeper look.

Vick is not rehabilitated. He is not sorry for the crimes he has committed, and the BS about dogfighting being cultural is just that, BS. Vck is only sorry he got caught.

Im glad you know that Vick is not rehabed. Funny how our assumptions become reality, or conventional think. Its easy to say that someone isnt sorry for things they did, because well of course rehab is just something to make people on the outside feel better. Its jus word speak, and knowone ever learns from a mistake they made......

Also, dog fighting in the south is not cultural....yeah, thats just B.S.:coffee:

Dude, Im sure you will get the last word, but I have said all I have to say...and again, Im sorry you feel that way, but your entitled!!!!

Wolverine83
11-16-2008, 02:52 PM
Vick is a scumbag thug.
Dogfighting isn't a cultural thing in the South in my opinion. I live in Texas and have never known anyone or heard of anyone that knew anything about dogfighting.
Maybe I don't hang out with cowards and criminals like Michael Vick though.
Anyone who would murder a dog by slamming it into the ground head first is literally PSYCHOTIC.
Vick is a monster.

Kapaibro
11-16-2008, 02:58 PM
ummm...:confused:
I said "I feel sorry you feel that way"....
That would mean I feel sorry for Vick, not you..:coffee:

He was judged by a jury of his "so called peers". Everyone loves that line, until it backfires on them. We agree that its a Goodell decision, I however am not willing to make that for him. As an outside observer I feel he should relax that zero tolerance policy. Lately, so does Goodell if you take a deeper look.

Im glad you know that Vick is not rehabed. Funny how our assumptions become reality, or conventional think. Its easy to say that someone isnt sorry for things they did, because well of course rehab is just something to make people on the outside feel better. Its jus word speak, and knowone ever learns from a mistake they made......

Also, dog fighting in the south is not cultural....yeah, thats just B.S.:coffee:

Dude, Im sure you will get the last word, but I have said all I have to say...and again, Im sorry you feel that way, but your entitled!!!!

I'm so glad you know for sure he IS rehabbed.

Vick has been convicted by a Federal court. He has not yet had judgement from the NFL.

And yes dogfighting is BS from a cultural POV. Seriously, I live in a country where Bullfighting really is a cultural and historical part of life, so I actually know what a cultural animal fighting thing is.

RxDx
11-16-2008, 11:16 PM
He served his time in prison. He did his time. People have.. HAVE... to learn to accept that a person served their time for doing their crime, you MUST allow them back into society and let them live their lives.

There is no reason why Mike Vick should not be allowed to play in the NFL if he is able to play and compete.

When I was 18 I committed a Class-3 Misdemeanor (false reporting to authorities) I did 40 hours of community service when I was convicted of the charge and because of that one mistake I can never be a Police Officer.

I served society with my 40 hours of community service and can still never be a police officer.

So tell me why again Michael Vick should be able to play in the NFL again?

Ravage!!!
11-16-2008, 11:33 PM
When I was 18 I committed a Class-3 Misdemeanor (false reporting to authorities) I did 40 hours of community service when I was convicted of the charge and because of that one mistake I can never be a Police Officer.

I served society with my 40 hours of community service and can still never be a police officer.

So tell me why again Michael Vick should be able to play in the NFL again?

Tell me again how many times you have felt that its fair that you don't get to be a police officer (a government job) or another job for this conviction?

You can believe that he shouldn't.. and I know so many of you think thats its a "privilege" to be employed by the NFL... when in reality its a profession that is earning MILLIONS of dollars for the OWNERS of the franchises.

Players, despite some feeling otherwise, are simply independent contractors hiring themselves out to perform a job under contract.

I personally don't believe that because a man has been convicted of a crime, that he doesn't have a right to pursue a profession he wishes to be employed, when he meets the qualifications to be employed by such company. These aren't government owned companies, they are privately owned organizations.

So why is it, that we as a society have MORE people jailed per capita than ANY other civilized society on EARTH... yet then continue to convict them every day of their lives despite the fact they have served their time of punishment??? Not ONLY do most people scream "throw the book at 'em" every time someone is accused of a crime, but then want that person to stay in prison, literally or figuratively, for the rest of their lives! WHEN is enough enough? When is the time served finally going to be 'time served?'

Mike Vick spent his time, that he was convicted to serve, in PRISON. He wasn't at a resort (because I know the prison he was sent to, its nearby where I live), it was PRISON. He served his time for the crime he committed, and I feel that he should be allowed to pursue his career once he is out.

The Commish may feel differently, but the commish, works for the owners (despite the fact that he feels he's above them). The owners and commish may not want him in. If the company as a whole decides that they don't want to employ him, then they have that right as well. THat doesn't mean I don't feel he should have the right to pursue that employment.

orangeblue72
11-18-2008, 10:02 AM
Are for the most part minority shareholders and help albeit in a small way to pay salaries even large ones like scumbag Vick. Please, oh please tell me how much tiime would you serve for the following since you do not Vick's money...money laundering, tax evasion, bribery, illegal commerce across state lines ? It's not even the fact that Vick did what he did, but he did it with full knowledge that it was illegal and that he did this for ten ( 10 ) years. He lied to the commissioner, who could have helped him out of that mess. If scumbag Vick had any sense of a conscience he would not go back to the NFL and work in another field. Vick wasn't even smart enough, or was too arrogant to believe he was under observation ( that we the taxpayers financed with our money ), to even do what some athletes have done and turn state's evidence. I hope he goes to the Raiders, the backlash in California will make the NFL's previous errors in P.R. look like accidents.

Wolverine83
11-18-2008, 10:29 AM
So why is it, that we as a society have MORE people jailed per capita than ANY other civilized society on EARTH... yet then continue to convict them every day of their lives despite the fact they have served their time of punishment??? Not ONLY do most people scream "throw the book at 'em" every time someone is accused of a crime, but then want that person to stay in prison, literally or figuratively, for the rest of their lives! WHEN is enough enough? When is the time served finally going to be 'time served?'

I really don't follow you here. There are several reasons which come to mind why the U.S. has the most crowded prisons (per capita)...
Most Cops Per Capita, Strict Laws, Poverty + Guns + Drugs, etc. etc.

BUT... what do crowded prisons have anything to do with Vick?

To your other claim, that society as a whole is too harsh on people who commit crimes, I think you are way off base.
It all depends on the crime, and in this case Michael Vick is a VIOLENT FELON. Most places won't hire VIOLENT FELONS, and for good reason.

So that being said, why should one of the best jobs on the planet hire a violent felon? Why should violent felons be paid a ridiculous amount of money to play a fun game as their job?

This isn't some kid mixed up with the wrong crowd serving 5 years on a bogus drug charge, this is someone who had everything he could ask for in his career and CHOSE to run this barbaric operation.

He murdered a dog by slamming its skull into the pavement, he deserves no sympathy, he is a sickening, psychotic monster.

GridironChamp
11-18-2008, 05:17 PM
Zoneblock249- A taste of reality for your clearly ignorant mind.

WHAT A GREAT PERSON.

WHAT A GREAT ROLE MODEL FOR KIDS.

Dogs are mans best friend and will give unconditional love to human beings how dare someone miss treat them like this. Vick is a subhuman and I wish he had to serve that full 10 year sentence.

Dogs are man's best friend, yet they are still animals. NFL players constantly
put HUMAN BEINGS in danger by doing stupid stuff, yet get to keep playing.
And your worried about dogs? :confused:

And this is a possible outcome of what many players in the NFL have been caught
doing, some multiple times, anda re still allowed to play in the NFL.

http://images.townnews.com/glendalenewspress.com/content/articles/2007/05/24/publicsafety/gnp-assembly24.jpg
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/5980/00su8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/337/79294330jv2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

You will never in your lifetime, or your childes lifetime, or your grand kids lifetime,
or your great grandkids lifetime, so on and so on, That Vick fighting dogs is worse than having multiple
DUIs, a hit and run, ect...

Matt Jones is cracked out and still playing, Pacman has had law trouble for 3
years running now and got to play, Marshawn Lynch has a hit n run on his
record and he is playing, Ray Lewis did witness someone get stabbed and
refuse to testify and is still playing... Vick fought dogs, had a far worse punishment
than a normal person would in his situation, and should be allowed to play again
if those guys are.

end of story

Kapaibro
11-18-2008, 06:14 PM
It's not just about the dogs.

Vick broke his Atlanta and NFL contract.
For 10 years he bankrolled and operated a dogfighting kennel (illegal in the state of Georgia)
He crosed state lines to gamble on this illegal sport, as well as gambling on dogfighting 'events' in Georgia.
He inhumanely killed those dogs not 'game' enough for the so called sport.

Please note that he is only serving 23 months for the gambling charges.

He will NOT serve any time WHATSOEVER for the dogfighting, or the animal cruelty.

Vick would have continued to do these crimes had he not been caught.

Ravage!!!
11-18-2008, 07:10 PM
Matt Jones is cracked out and still playing, Pacman has had law trouble for 3
years running now and got to play, Marshawn Lynch has a hit n run on his
record and he is playing, Ray Lewis did witness someone get stabbed and
refuse to testify and is still playing... Vick fought dogs, had a far worse punishment
than a normal person would in his situation, and should be allowed to play again
if those guys are.

I think this says it all.........

Bronco_Armada
11-18-2008, 07:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px_JS0OAP-w

this was funny. :D

Kapaibro
11-23-2008, 10:14 AM
Michael Vick put family pets in rings with pit bulls and thought it was funny watching the trained killers injure or kill the helpless dogs, a witness told federal investigators during the dogfighting investigation that brought Vick down.

In a 17-page report filed Aug. 28, 2008, by case agent James Knorr of the U.S. Department of Agriculture and released Friday under the Freedom of Information Act, a person identified as confidential witness No. 1 said Vick placed pets in the ring against pit bulls owned by “Bad Newz Kennels” at least twice and watched as the pit bulls “caused major injuries.”

The witness said Vick and co-defendants Purnell Peace and Quanis Phillips “thought it was funny to watch the pit bull dogs belonging to Bad Newz Kennels injure or kill the other dogs.”

Vick was sentenced to 23 months in prison in Dec. 2007, and is due to be released from the federal prison at Leavenworth, Kan., on July 20, 2009. He returned to Virginia on Thursday and is being held in Hopewell pending his appearance in Surry County Circuit Court on Tuesday, where he is expected to plead guilty to two felony charges but receive a suspended sentence.

The report, which has some names and other information redacted to protect some of the parties involved, also details the killing of several dogs at property Vick owned on Moonlight Road in Surry County in mid-April 2007, just days before the first search warrant was executed on the property, turning a drug investigation into the one that sent Vick to prison.

It says Vick was administered a polygraph test by the FBI in October 2007 and denied taking part in the killing of dogs in mid-April. When told he had failed that part of the test, Vick recanted his story and admitted to helping hang six to eight underperforming dogs.

The former Atlanta Falcons quarterback, once the highest paid player in the NFL, has been suspended indefinitely by the league and his football future is uncertain. He’s also in the midst of bankruptcy proceedings with $16 million in assets and $20.4 million in liabilities.

Peace, who also was convicted in the case, said there were times he suggested that dogs unwilling to fight be given away, but that Vick said “they got to go,” meaning be killed.

The dogs were killed by shooting, hanging, electrocution and drowning, and in at least one instance, according to one of the witnesses, when Vick and Phillips killed a red pit bull by “slamming it to the ground several times before it died, breaking the dog’s back or neck.”

When he finally admitted to his role in the dogfighting operation, Vick also said he purchased his first pull bull, named “Champagne,” while a student at Virginia Tech in 1999. The dog was never used in fights, but was bred with other dogs, according to the report.

Champagne was among the 53 pit bulls seized from the home in a raid in April 2007.

Yahoo link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=As7O2gAXg_sGtY8R463UoBFDubYF?slug=ap-vick-dogfightingreport&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Ravage!!!
11-23-2008, 10:18 AM
just wants to puke after reading that.......

Kapaibro
11-23-2008, 10:20 AM
just wants to puke after reading that.......

Imagine people who live in the area, and had family pets go missing. They must be wondering if their pet ended up being used to 'train' Vick's dogs.

Kapaibro
11-26-2008, 11:00 AM
http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/denver/drew/DREW1126.gif

Well done Drew

Charlie Brown
11-26-2008, 11:10 AM
Vick makes me absolutely sick.

Playing in the NFL is a privilege.

I sure am not making millions when I play football with the boys.

Vick and all the other trouble-makers in this league should learn firsthand what it is like to be a common man. That when those millions stop coming in - just what it really is like making a living. No posh contracts - no football. Just struggling to find work in an economy that keeps falling.

That's what they should all experience - what bothers me most about Vick is how he's in debt and yet he has the nerve to proclaim "I'll pay you back when I get out of jail - I'll have an NFL contract then"

He EXPECTS to come back into the NFL and things to be hunky-dory. Pacman and Vick are a disgrace to the human race. One doesn't give a darn about a man he put in a wheelchair and the other doesn't care about the dogs he, himself killed - and he didn't just kill them he laughed and thought it was funny watching them get torn to pieces by Pit Bulls

saltybuggah
11-26-2008, 11:26 AM
holy poop.....

a charlie brown sighting :eek:

welcome back charlie :salute!:

Charlie Brown
11-26-2008, 11:27 PM
holy poop.....

a charlie brown sighting :eek:

welcome back charlie :salute!:

Been on every once in a great while.

Been getting on a bit more this last month.

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
11-26-2008, 11:34 PM
Good ole Charlie Brown. :salute:

I've been thinking of you every day.
I missed you so much.

Nice to see ya. :dance:

thehorsesmouth
11-27-2008, 10:47 PM
can someone change the title.... makes NO SENSE. :eek:

GridironChamp
11-28-2008, 09:56 AM
Imagine people who live in the area, and had family pets go missing. They must be wondering if their pet ended up being used to 'train' Vick's dogs.

Imagine the family of the woman Leneord Little hit while driving drunk, yet he
still plays.

Imagine the families of all the people Pacman has had fights with, yet he is
coming back to play now.

Or maybe just consider all the people that have to drive around these cities
where NFL players constantly get DUI's, yet they all still play.

People, for some reason, value dog life higher than human life... That is disgusting.