PDA

View Full Version : Titans will lose and be exposed

Wolverine83
11-16-2008, 03:24 PM
How do you beat the Titans? The same way they beat other teams.
Run the ball with physicality and control line of scrimmage/time of possession.
Jacksonville is providing the blueprint right now.
Kind of weird, the Jags of last year are very similar to the Titans this year.

Titans will still win the South, but I think the old 2000 Ravens blueprint for a Superbowl doesn't work in today's NFL.

Kerry Collins can't manage his way through a shootout once the Playoffs roll around.

Wolverine83
11-16-2008, 03:38 PM
14-3.
you know all those old farts from the '72 phins have the champagne ready...

Overtime
11-16-2008, 03:38 PM
doubtful.

Tennessee is a good team, and they won't be "exposed" just because they lose one game.

they are playing some good ball, and I think they'll beat Jax today.

Wolverine83
11-16-2008, 03:41 PM
doubtful.

Tennessee is a good team, and they won't be "exposed" just because they lose one game.

they are playing some good ball, and I think they'll beat Jax today.

If a team beats TEN, odds are they will expose the fact that Collins isn't anything more than a game manager.

Overtime
11-16-2008, 03:50 PM
If a team beats TEN, odds are they will expose the fact that Collins isn't anything more than a game manager.

not necessarily. but even if that's the case, so what? They're going to the playoffs, they'll win the division, and most likely get a bye week.

they're still going to be the team to beat.

Overtime
11-16-2008, 04:31 PM
funny you call him a game manager, he just went deep on Jacksonville's secondary, and torched them for a big score. 51 yd TD to Justin McCareins.

Collins can throw the deep ball, he's always had a strong arm.

Titans 17
Jags 14

Wolverine83
11-16-2008, 05:11 PM
......................... or not ...

Overtime
11-16-2008, 06:11 PM
......................... or not ...

Tennessee just seems to find ways to win football games.

I hope they do lose a game, so they can take the pressure off, and go into the playoffs on a good run, and smear the NY G-string women all over the field in the Super Bowl.

im so sick of hearing about the damn NY G-String Women I could puke.

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
11-16-2008, 06:17 PM
I'm actually hoping they go undefeated and we face them in the AFC Championship game. :laugh:
And somehow pull it off.
Though I'm dreaming.
1st I'd like to beat Oakland this week. :salute:

Ravage!!!
11-16-2008, 06:17 PM
How do you beat the Titans? The same way they beat other teams.
Run the ball with physicality and control line of scrimmage/time of possession.
Jacksonville is providing the blueprint right now.
Kind of weird, the Jags of last year are very similar to the Titans this year.

Titans will still win the South, but I think the old 2000 Ravens blueprint for a Superbowl doesn't work in today's NFL.

Kerry Collins can't manage his way through a shootout once the Playoffs roll around.

The game of football is football. It hasn't changed so much that GOOD defense and a solid running game doesn't take you far.. don't fool yourself. You do NOT need a 300 yrd passing game to win in the NFL. Looks great for the stat book, but that doesn't win you games.

So.. I'll have to disagree with you VERY much if you think that a 'blueprint' of great defense, running the ball, and control offense that proved to win a Super Bowl just 7-8 years ago is somehow "out of date" for today.

Overtime
11-16-2008, 06:21 PM
The game of football is football. It hasn't changed so much that GOOD defense and a solid running game doesn't take you far.. don't fool yourself. You do NOT need a 300 yrd passing game to win in the NFL. Looks great for the stat book, but that doesn't win you games.

So.. I'll have to disagree with you VERY much if you think that a 'blueprint' of great defense, running the ball, and control offense that proved to win a Super Bowl just 7-8 years ago is somehow "out of date" for today.

agreed. defense wins championships. without defense, you have nothing. it doesnt have to be the best defense, but it does need to be Top 15.

even the Patriots had to have Defense when it counted.

the Broncos which had a superior offense, had to rely on a key 4th down stop against the packers in Super Bowl 32, to secure the win.

nice post Ravage.

TNTitan
11-16-2008, 07:39 PM
gotta give my titans some props.

10-0

enough said

good luck to the Broncs, go Cutler!

orangeblue72
11-17-2008, 09:07 AM
How will they be exposed ? Fisher is the same coach that took them to the Super Bowl against the Rams. By benching Vince Dumb, he has sent a message that he wants to win. If Vince wants to play he had better start learning the playbook, watching defenses, and of course learning how to pass the ball. Fisher is a great coach, even if they lose ( which is highly unlikely ) they will bounce back. The next two games are at home to the joke Jets, and the Tryptiphan Special at Detroit for Turkey Day. Indianapolis, and Pittsburgh are good tests and could upset them, especially with Manning coming back into form again.:rockon:

Ravage!!!
11-17-2008, 09:11 AM
They WILL lose a game.... there is no doubt about that. They aren't a team that is going to go undefeated. We have this discussion each and every year with some team, and everyone says "who's going to beat them?" Who knows... but someone WILL win a game against them.

Either way.... doesn't take away from the fact that their defense is solid for certain, and thats really giving their team the edge by always being close.

sean669
11-17-2008, 09:32 AM
Undefeated teams most always loose that game that knowone thought they would. My buddies and I talked about this yesterday. I have them going down to Cleveland, just a hunch...

Stampede82
11-17-2008, 04:41 PM
It would make my day if the game they drop is to the Lions in a couple weeks.

TNTitan
11-17-2008, 04:52 PM
man, alot of hate toward my Titans and there is really no rivalry. Chill people!

xX-Bronco-Xx
11-17-2008, 05:51 PM
man, alot of hate toward my Titans and there is really no rivalry. Chill people!

To be honest I am rooting hard for the Titans this year. Your guy's team is full of great stories that could be made if you guys win the Superbowl.

Old veteran quarterback given a second chance to redeem his Superbowl loss from past.

Fisher almost getting fired in the past now showing off his team.

Albert getting a chance to redeem himself from that stomping incident with amazing play.

Hell I love your guy's defense and your running game is pretty damn good too.

Edit: And the fact you guys are kicking the Colt's asses :rockon:

TNTitan
11-17-2008, 07:56 PM
To be honest I am rooting hard for the Titans this year. Your guy's team is full of great stories that could be made if you guys win the Superbowl.

Old veteran quarterback given a second chance to redeem his Superbowl loss from past.

Fisher almost getting fired in the past now showing off his team.

Albert getting a chance to redeem himself from that stomping incident with amazing play.

Hell I love your guy's defense and your running game is pretty damn good too.

Edit: And the fact you guys are kicking the Colt's asses :rockon:

Fisher was never close to getting fired. There was just 1 moron who started some website. Thats it.

xX-Bronco-Xx
11-17-2008, 08:04 PM
Fisher was never close to getting fired. There was just 1 moron who started some website. Thats it.

I remember a while ago they were talking about this if I'm not mistaken.

Meh I maybe wrong.

CutlerIsBetter
11-17-2008, 11:45 PM
gotta give my titans some props.

10-0

enough said

good luck to the Broncs, go Cutler!

Man, you guys got nothing but respect from me. You are a damn good team. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool.