PDA

View Full Version : It makes you wonder

Chris Wade
11-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Watching the Pitt SD game yesterday . End of game an obvious backwards pass (lateral) grabbed by Pitt and run into the end zone. Touchdown right ? Oh no here comes the official who is so nervous he can't hardly speak english much less explain why it's not a touchdown. Oh well says I it really makes no difference . And it didn't till I heard the sports guy on radio explain that Las Vegas stood to lose 200 million if the Steelers covered the spread. It was such an easy call just don't see how they can get away with it.

orangeblue72
11-18-2008, 07:42 PM
The people in Pittsburgh cannot spell it's S-T-E-A-L-E-R-S. The only other team that has refs falling out of it's pockets are the cowBOYS, who have been ripping off America's teams since 1975. Look at the scoreline on the 1978 Super Bowl when ex-cowBOY Morton threw 4 INT's so Dallass could win that one. The NFL is notorious for no-calls, missed calls, and fixed games. If you are in New England, Pittsburgh, Dallass, and now Green Bay, the refs will help you out. Yeah we cannot have Las Vegas face economic hard times like the rest of the USA that's just Un-American....:rolleyes:

broooks77
11-18-2008, 07:50 PM
The people in Pittsburgh cannot spell it's S-T-E-A-L-E-R-S. The only other team that has refs falling out of it's pockets are the cowBOYS, who have been ripping off America's teams since 1975. Look at the scoreline on the 1978 Super Bowl when ex-cowBOY Morton threw 4 INT's so Dallass could win that one. The NFL is notorious for no-calls, missed calls, and fixed games. If you are in New England, Pittsburgh, Dallass, and now Green Bay, the refs will help you out. Yeah we cannot have Las Vegas face economic hard times like the rest of the USA that's just Un-American....:rolleyes:

Wrong:coffee:

orangeblue72
11-18-2008, 08:05 PM
Really ? The defensive play for the Green Bay Packers to stop Adrian Peterson is a helmet to the knee, one of their famous offensive plays is the three step fumble called an incomplete pass by the officials. As for the Pats, even though they got caught cheating, any other team making comments about " bad officiating " gets fined they don't. When you slow down the replays you can almost see zebra stripes blanketing the " chosen ". You think I'm wrong fine, just watch and see yourself. After further review it was not an illegal forward pass but the field had been cleared so no TD, no PAT, no credibility. Yes, the Stealers won but they should have had that TD.

broooks77
11-18-2008, 08:38 PM
Really ? The defensive play for the Green Bay Packers to stop Adrian Peterson is a helmet to the knee, one of their famous offensive plays is the three step fumble called an incomplete pass by the officials. As for the Pats, even though they got caught cheating, any other team making comments about " bad officiating " gets fined they don't. When you slow down the replays you can almost see zebra stripes blanketing the " chosen ". You think I'm wrong fine, just watch and see yourself. After further review it was not an illegal forward pass but the field had been cleared so no TD, no PAT, no credibility. Yes, the Stealers won but they should have had that TD.

This is one of the dumbest set of posts i have read in a while. Your just being a homer.:rolleyes:

orangeblue72
11-18-2008, 09:03 PM
The BBC original version of " The Office " is better anyway. Have a nice day.:cheers:

thehorsesmouth
11-19-2008, 01:50 AM
The BBC original version of " The Office " is better anyway. Have a nice day.:cheers:

is that why it's still on? CHECK PLEASE.

orangeblue72
11-19-2008, 02:22 AM
is that why it's still on? CHECK PLEASE.

Usually I am watching better shows than that anyway. Send the check to my secretary please...Her name is Helen Wait...Thanks:coffee:

Chris Wade
11-19-2008, 09:18 AM
If the Steelers have the ref's in their pocket then why all the penalties against them during the game ? Just the opposite . Cost the Steeler fans millions of dollars by not covering the spread.

JBBronco1
11-27-2008, 06:04 AM
Why are we ripping on the Steelers for? We don't root for Seattle or Cleveland(my cousin is a Browns fan, and he still whines about SBXL). Now, I know that they have gotten more than their fair share of calls over the years, like the Renfro call in the 79 AFC Championship or the Benny Barnes interference call in the 78 SB(or the one that people forget in the 4th quarter of the 77 AFC Playoffs when Morton threw a TD pass to Moses that was disallowed because the officials thought it hit Jack Dolbin when the replays showed it didn't hit anyone, and the rule was still that the ball couldn't be caught by a player if it hit off of his teammate), but they aren't nearly as contemptible as the Cheatriots or the Faders or the Crygirls.

Chris Wade
11-27-2008, 08:27 AM
My original intention was to state that Steeler fans (those whom wagered in Las Vegas) got ripped to the tune of (latest estimate) fifty million dollars. Those refs aren't that stupid they knew the proper call. Maybe I just have less faith in the sanctity of officiating than most. Although you may have noticed how the calls against the Bronco's went after Ed's boo boo in the San Diego game. Officials bent over backwards to make sure they didn't favor Denver. They're trying to take the violence out of a violent game .