PDA

View Full Version : Pcaman is coming back!

ebsoria
11-19-2008, 06:01 PM
And Roger has just made himself a joke for allowing him back in!!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8818942/NFL-reinstates-Adam-'Pacman'-Jones?MSNHPHMA

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) - The NFL is giving Adam "Pacman" Jones another chance.

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Wednesday the suspended cornerback has been reinstated by league commissioner Roger Goodell, but he must miss two more games - this Sunday and the following game on Thanksgiving. He'll be back Dec. 7 at Pittsburgh.

"He much appreciates the Cowboys and Jerry Jones for standing behind him and encouraging him, and he's grateful to the commissioner," said Worrick Robinson, Adam Jones' Nashville-based attorney.

Jerry Jones would not reveal any conditions the commissioner may have imposed and the league office said it would not have any immediate comment. However, Robinson, said, "He knows what he has to do. It's very clear."

"He's a long way, a long way from having clear sailing," Jerry Jones said.

Adam Jones was suspended from the entire 2007 season because of multiple incidents while with the Tennessee Titans. Over the offseason, he was traded to Dallas and then given another chance by Goodell. The Cowboys gave him a security team to help keep him in line, but on Oct. 7, Jones got into an alcohol-related scuffle with one of the bodyguards during a private party at a Dallas hotel.

Jones spent part of his time away undergoing alcohol rehabilitation.

He has demonstrated something very important to all of us," Jerry Jones said.

It also will be up to Pacman to police himself. The Cowboys will no longer be providing bodyguards.

"It all starts with him and his decision-making," Robinson said. "He's comfortable making decisions for himself."

Robinson said the alcohol therapy was "something he needed to do."

"The real issue was more than allegations of an incident at a Dallas hotel," Robinson said. "There were personal issues that, until addressed, there was a likelihood of another incident occurring."

Jerry Jones said Adam Jones can have "limited participation" this week, but would not be part of full-squad practices or conditioning. He can return to practice Monday.

Goodell suspended Adam Jones indefinitely on Oct. 14, saying he'd put a timeframe on it after the cornerback missed at least four games. This decision means it will be a six-game suspension. Jones also missed the entire 2007 season. By the time he returns, he will have been suspended from 22 of a possible 28 games.

A few hours before the announcement, teammates said they would welcome him back.

Tank Johnson, who has the locker next to Jones and also has been through an NFL suspension for off-field troubles, said he's spoken frequently with Adam Jones.

"He's just chomping at the bit to get back and come back and be successful," Johnson said. "He knows we're all with him and we're never going to turn our back on him and as soon as he gets back it will be business as usual. I can't wait to have 21 next to me in the locker."

Added quarterback Tony Romo: "When he was here he worked very hard and he helped us. He's a good football player and I don't see why you wouldn't welcome a guy back that works hard on the practice field."

Jones still leads the club with 11 passes defensed; nobody else had more than five. His 27 tackles are second-best among defensive backs. He also forced a fumble and recovered one.

Jones was Dallas' main punter returner, averaging 5 yards per return on 16 attempts. He had a long of only 18 yards after leading the league in punt returns in 2006. He also had an NFL-best three touchdowns on punt returns that season.

-Rod-
11-19-2008, 09:08 PM
More receivers getting open! :dance:

jdubv724
11-19-2008, 10:18 PM
This should be his last chance. Should be 3 strikes and your out for Pacman.:coffee:

saltybuggah
11-20-2008, 08:50 AM
but he must miss two more games - this Sunday and the following game on Thanksgiving. He'll be back Dec. 7 at Pittsburgh.
i dotn think that the cowboys really care when he'll be back as long as its back before the playoff's... if they make it into the playoff's

Jerry Jones would not reveal any conditions the commissioner may have imposed and the league office said it would not have any immediate comment. However, Robinson, said, "He knows what he has to do. It's very clear."

"He's a long way, a long way from having clear sailing," Jerry Jones said.

He has demonstrated something very important to all of us," Jerry Jones said.
guaranteed that the conditions are pacman needs to take care of himself and himself alone... if all those hired "bodyguards" keep watching over pacman what does that prove about pacman's character and self responsibilities... if he needs babysitters to keep him from trouble does the league need that kind of person representing them... what about pacman being a man and being about to account for his own actions

It also will be up to Pacman to police himself. The Cowboys will no longer be providing bodyguards.
this has to be some of the goodell conditions... why have babysitters watching over a grown man... if pacman wants to be apart of the NFL he needs to do the right things in life and he knows right from wrong...

"It all starts with him and his decision-making," Robinson said. "He's comfortable making decisions for himself."

Robinson said the alcohol therapy was "something he needed to do."

"The real issue was more than allegations of an incident at a Dallas hotel," Robinson said. "There were personal issues that, until addressed, there was a likelihood of another incident occurring."
with noone watching over pacman he is now in the spotlight to do jsut this.. make decisions for himself... knowing his past and the multiple times he screwed up he is bound to fall back again... maybe not this year but when the spotlight shines once again on him and he is the center of attention he will do this again...

how much more can pacman get away with ???

Overtime
11-20-2008, 12:03 PM
this video is befitting of this story....:D

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2008/pacman4.htm

McKeough
11-21-2008, 07:48 PM
Personally, I think it was stupid that he was ever suspended after being reinstated.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but did he not get in a verbal altercation with a bodyguard of his, outside of the team venue, at his hotel? Possibly even his home.

No one was fighting, threatening the other... I believe (and I'll dig up the article) they got into a little verbal fight after one of them took a joke the wrong way...

Yes, I know he's had his run ins, and no, I don't think he should be restriction-free now that he's back, but if the NFL suspended a player every time they got in an argument with someone...

saltybuggah
11-22-2008, 08:39 AM
Personally, I think it was stupid that he was ever suspended after being reinstated.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but did he not get in a verbal altercation with a bodyguard of his, outside of the team venue, at his hotel? Possibly even his home.

No one was fighting, threatening the other... I believe (and I'll dig up the article) they got into a little verbal fight after one of them took a joke the wrong way...

Yes, I know he's had his run ins, and no, I don't think he should be restriction-free now that he's back, but if the NFL suspended a player every time they got in an argument with someone...

the got into a verbal arguement in a hotel... the cops were called and it was reported...

as soon as that happened, yes his suspension was in the bag...

im sure pacman knew he would be suspended as soon as the cops were there... the commish probably reinstated him with a huge warning label (ANY ISSUES WITH THE COPS WILL GET YOU SUSPENDED AGAIN)...

this is not the rules for every NFL player... saying that if any player gets into an arguement with someone will be suspended is silly... thats not the case... its the case for pacman and he probably signed off on it with the commish while undergoing his reinstatement arguements with him...

his 4 game suspension in the long run might actually be the best thing for him.. being that he went into a rehab clinic but he may have only gone in because he was told to and not because he actually wanted to go and clean up himself... only time will tell thou

ebsoria
11-22-2008, 11:45 AM
I think saltybuggah put it pretty well in that for Adam and the fact that the cops did get contacted, then yes, the suspension was completely justified. If it were an argument and there was no outside involvement then it doesn't get out and he's clear and safe. But, that was not the case. With his track record over the last few years he has NO room for error... well, so I thought until Roger laid down and let him back. This opens up more discussion as far as Adam thinking that he can do as he wants. I also agree that this did appear to be te best thing to happen to him in that he did check into a alchohol abuse program. Maybe that makes him turn the corner, maybe not. But either way, my feelings remain the same in that he should be GONE.... DONE.... he got his chance and he still blew it.

Peerless
11-22-2008, 04:25 PM
I hope one day I can be a felon or a dumb ass like these players... and come back to my job just like that.

ebsoria
11-22-2008, 04:33 PM
I hope one day I can be a felon or a dumb ass like these players... and come back to my job just like that.

No ****!!!

Ravage!!!
11-22-2008, 06:26 PM

I'm with you on this.. and I think most people are with you on this. We know that Adam Jones has been suspended and has a short leash, but lets not expect the guy not to be human.

He didn't throw punches... he didn't assault... he didn't break any laws, or even get a citation. Its completely ridiculous that Adam was suspended this LAST time.

But that being said...... this is good for any team playing against the Cowboys. Since I root for anyone that plays the Cowboys, then this is a good thing. Adam has been completely SUCKING this season. Thats in coverage and in punt returns where he could very easily be considered the worst in the NFL. Good to see him back :salute!: