PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Clark's hit on Wes Welker

Snapping Turtle
12-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Did anyone else think this was....well awesome? I love good hard hits...yea it was probably cheap...but Welker is a Patriot so he had it coming. (Please understand that I don't truly wish injury on any player aside from Phillip Rivers...still joking)

In case you didn't see it: click (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShbtuyXZbFk)

I guess a lot of people are arguing if it was a cheap shot or not...not really sure I care.

getlynched47
12-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Did anyone else think this was....well awesome? I love good hard hits...yea it was probably cheap...but Welker is a Patriot so he had it coming. (Please understand that I don't truly wish injury on any player aside from Phillip Rivers...still joking)

In case you didn't see it: click (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShbtuyXZbFk)

I guess a lot of people are arguing if it was a cheap shot or not...not really sure I care.

I'm sure that he's gonna get fined for that....it was a HUGE hit....almost like John Lynch used to do it :(

At first, I thought that this might've been a Rick Roll link :laugh:..........:salute!:

RealBronco
12-01-2008, 07:59 PM
well it sure as hell wasn't a dirty hit or a cheap shot. it was a well placed, clean hit, hard hit.

it's the freakin' no fun league that made it illegal to actually tackle a player now.

if you can't handle getting rocked like a step child then don't play pro football? eh?

Welker's a big boy, he should be able to take it and the Patr*ts are in no position to talk about cheap tricks and cheating.

Nice hit Clark!!! yeah!!!

we need more actual tackling in the game...i'm tired of this: "oh i touched you, you're down!"

"nuh uh you have to touch me with both hands or i'm not down... i didn't feel it... you only got one hand on me"

"no sir! i totally two handed you..."

"that's what she said"

"what? :confused:"

"don't touch me there Ty!!!"

"I was only trying to get the ball Brandon!"

"ew"

Peerless
12-01-2008, 08:23 PM
Ouch. :eek:

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
12-01-2008, 08:25 PM
Ouch. :eek:

:laugh: Nice avatar :eek:

and nice hit :salute:

Ravage!!!
12-01-2008, 08:29 PM
I saw that hit. That was awsome. THAT is the kind of thing I miss seeing on the highlights. BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wes was JACKED UP!!! (I miss the Jacked Up)

Snapping Turtle
12-01-2008, 08:29 PM
:laugh: Nice avatar :eek:

and nice hit :salute:

Yeah...the avatar is interesting. I hope you don't mind me saying, but it looks like you've gained some weight. You carry it well of course. :D

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
12-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Yeah...the avatar is interesting. I hope you don't mind me saying, but it looks like you've gained some weight. You carry it well of course. :D

:laugh: ^
So random.

And I think I have gained weight probably.

I havn't done much of anything this past year. :fight:

Snapping Turtle
12-01-2008, 08:45 PM
:laugh: ^
So random.

And I think I have gained weight probably.

I havn't done much of anything this past year. :fight:

Random is what I do best.

And talk about random. :rolleyes:

RealBronco
12-01-2008, 08:47 PM
I saw that hit. That was awsome. THAT is the kind of thing I miss seeing on the highlights. BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wes was JACKED UP!!! (I miss the Jacked Up)

me too dude. i loved that reel.

broooks77
12-01-2008, 08:54 PM
well it sure as hell wasn't a dirty hit or a cheap shot. it was a well placed, clean hit, hard hit.

it's the freakin' no fun league that made it illegal to actually tackle a player now.

if you can't handle getting rocked like a step child then don't play pro football? eh?

Welker's a big boy, he should be able to take it and the Patr*ts are in no position to talk about cheap tricks and cheating.

Nice hit Clark!!! yeah!!!

we need more actual tackling in the game...i'm tired of this: "oh i touched you, you're down!"

"nuh uh you have to touch me with both hands or i'm not down... i didn't feel it... you only got one hand on me"

"no sir! i totally two handed you..."

"that's what she said"

"what? :confused:"

"don't touch me there Ty!!!"

"I was only trying to get the ball Brandon!"

"ew"

LMAO!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
12-01-2008, 09:06 PM
Random is what I do best.

And talk about random. :rolleyes:

:laugh: .. what made you bring it up though?
Youtube? :confused:

Funny stuff though.

Ask Broncofan1990 about me :eek:

He acts like I'm a midget or something. I think I am taller then him though. :confused:

slostenracing
12-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Clean hit but it was late and the ball wasn't catchable by him so it SHOULD draw a fine. I know if one of our players did that he'd get fined.

draco193
12-01-2008, 11:39 PM
It was a cheap shot. He deserves to be fined.

orangeblue72
12-02-2008, 03:08 AM
The idea was good to send a message but he wouldn't have hit him so hard if he had been watching the play. Since when does anyone find it acceptable to hit like that downfield wouldn't it be better to maybe cover the pass and not need to give up huge yards like that ? I just wish that defenses would hit that hard at the line of scrimmage...like they used to.

Mr. Roper
12-02-2008, 05:56 AM
It was a cheap shot. He deserves to be fined.

Agreed.

Also, Vince Wilfork was on WEEI yesterday talking about the cheap hit on Wes Welker by Ryan Clark. He said that leading up to the game Belichick showed the team tape of Clark laying guys out like this over and over again, but only when they were defenseless. And then when he's head up on a guy, he'll turtle or go after their legs.

That's what the Steelers do. They hit after the play is over all day long. Bunch of cheaters!!!

A couple weeks ago the Patriots played the Colts and Indy got away with several illegal picks that changed the game. The Colts are cheaters too!

As a Patriots fan I just want to play a team on a level playing surface. I'm tired of all the cheating!!