PDA

View Full Version : Burress suspended for season

CaptainBly
12-03-2008, 04:53 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80cfebf2&template=with-video&confirm=true

I suppose this could be interpeted as good news depending on his health and how much you believe in our team.

Chris Wade
12-03-2008, 07:29 AM
If you insist upon dancing you must pay the piper. Like a celeb with bodyguards needs to pack a piece. Ego, the downfall of many a good athlete.

ebsoria
12-03-2008, 09:30 AM
What a knucklehead. Hope it was worth it to him... :coffee:

CanDB
12-03-2008, 10:22 AM
This guy doesn't know how good he has it!!! He is his own worst enemy. And the funny part, the Giants will hardly miss him.....well they definitely won't miss his antics.

Many people are amazed at the Giants...I for one. They were the underdog going into the playoffs last year, and after their amazing SB run. Through the process they lost Shockey (who didn't matter in the end), their 2 outstanding Defensive Ends (Strahan and Osi), some standout FAs (Wilson, Mitchell), now Burress, and yet they appear to be getting better and better, and are the #1 team in the league....and deservedly so.

Speaks volumes about their management, and the chemistry of this squad. Also proves that one player can often mean squat in the big picture.

ebsoria
12-03-2008, 10:33 AM
This guy doesn't know how good he has it!!! He is his own worst enemy. And the funny part, the Giants will hardly miss him.....well they definitely won't miss his antics.

Many people are amazed at the Giants...I for one. They were the underdog going into the playoffs last year, and after their amazing SB run. Through the process they lost Shockey (who didn't matter in the end), their 2 outstanding Defensive Ends (Strahan and Osi), some standout FAs (Wilson, Mitchell), now Burress, and yet they appear to be getting better and better, and are the #1 team in the league....and deservedly so.

Speaks volumes about their management, and the chemistry of this squad. Also proves that one player can often mean squat in the big picture.

I wonder now, in light of how much he was not needed, is he now expendable? I mean... Oak could use another wr. :coffee:

Overtime
12-03-2008, 03:37 PM
we interrupt this broadcast to introduce you to the newest member of "Prison B*tch". Plexiglass Burress will now star in the show to air on Fox, broadcast live from the New York State Penitentiary. Parental discretion is advised, as there may be forced sexual violence against the young Plexiglass Buress, which may result in his screaming like a little b*tch, and crying out for his mama. Please be advised this is completely normal and reflective of the idiotic behavior of overpaid athletes who act like spoiled children.

KCLadyFan
12-05-2008, 10:32 PM
He's been suspended for the rest of the season LOL
Like he could play anyway with a gunshot wound and wasn't he injured
prior to that?

CaptainBly
12-06-2008, 04:21 PM
He's been suspended for the rest of the season LOL
Like he could play anyway with a gunshot wound and wasn't he injured
prior to that?

Well, that punter that got stabbed in the thigh recovered pretty quick.