PDA

View Full Version : are you routing for the Lions to go 0-16

saltybuggah
12-03-2008, 11:10 AM
will the lions actually win a game this year...

are you a fan that wants to see a team have zero wins all year long...

will you be pulling for the ultimate achievement of being bad...

or will they pull off a win like the dolphins of last year...

the rest of their sch has them playing

vrs. Vikings
@ Colts
vrs. Saints
@ Packers

i was cheering for the Dolphins to win last year... i dont want to see any team get beat every single game they play... it might not be the majority stance but i just like seeing teams win at least once...

ill be pulling for the Lions to win against the vikings this week and i think this is the week they need to win if they want to actually win once this year...

thoughts

Letdamansmoke
12-03-2008, 11:13 AM
I know I shouldn't, but I kinda want to see a team go O-Fer.

I think I'm still holding a grudge for what they did to us last year. :sad:

draco193
12-03-2008, 11:15 AM
The only way the Lions win this year is if the Vikings WIlliams Wall isgone because of suspension. If not, I fear they will go without a win.

CTM
12-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Idk if the thread was supposed to be rooting and that was a typo but routing would def sum up the Lions situ.

This would be a disaster. Simply for this reason. That means at the start of the season, I could have taken the most out of shape guys I could find jam a helmet on their heads and have them play the same schedule as those professional millionaires, and the result would be the same.

Maybe not statistically but we all know the WL record trumps all in terms of stats.

They need to win 1 game to avoid this dilemma.

saltybuggah
12-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Idk if the thread was supposed to be rooting and that was a typo but routing would def sum up the Lions situ.

yeah im just a horrible speller :D

slostenracing
12-03-2008, 11:38 AM
I chose who cares cause I am not like cheering for it to happen but I know it will. They had their chances and blew them.

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
12-03-2008, 12:38 PM
i hope they go 0-16

that would provide some much needed comedy in my life

Overtime
12-03-2008, 03:25 PM
im rooting for them to go 0-16, because any team that would be stupid enough to hire Matt Millen in the first place, deserves to go 0-16. So if they end up going 0-16, then the fruits of Detroits labor will have paid itself off quite handsomely, and we can be subjected to seeing the Lions piss another draft pick away on another Top 10 WR, that will be a bust in the NFL.

I still can't figure out why the idiots keep drafting all these receivers, but still haven't drafted an Elite QB to throw the ball to them. That makes absolutely no sense.

but hey it's a Detroit thing...the rest of the NFL just wouldn't understand :coffee:

12-03-2008, 09:36 PM
I don't want the Lions to go winless. Other teams, like Miami, I'd love it if they did, but not the Lions. Haven't those fans been through enough?

orangeblue72
12-04-2008, 06:36 AM
I wanted to see how bad the Lions really have been, and I was not surpized. 75 years of sub-par football, always being on TV for Thanksgiving and not deserving to be. I want them to go 0 for 28 just to let the ghosts of the Winnipeg Jets and the old Tampa Bay Buccaneers rest at 0 - 27.

Detroit Lions 1934 - 1965
* 1942 0-11

W-193 L-175 T-15

Championships 4 Appearances 5 last Champions 1957

Detroit Lions 1966 - present ( NFL - AFL Merger )
* 1979/2001 2-14

W-247 L-338 T-10

NO Championships NO Appearances

Hardly a team worth rooting for. The Broncos have been to more championships in the modern era than Detroit ever will attend. At one point Detroit had drafted three #1 QB's and none of them could survive that Black Hole in Michigan known as home field of the Detroit Lions. 1976 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 0 -14...1977 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 0 - 13 before first win at New Orleans finished 2 - 14 that year. Detroit Lions 2008 0 -12 new franchise record keep up the good work Detroit.

xX-Bronco-Xx
12-04-2008, 06:37 AM
At least they have the Wolverines. :smug:

orangeblue72
12-04-2008, 06:54 AM
Q: What is the worst thing about being a Detroit sports fan ?
A: There is nothing to watch between the end of the Tigers season and the start of the Red Wings and Piston's seasons.

Q: Did you hear about the new promotion at Ford Field ?
A: With every seat purchased, you get two bags one for your lunch when you lose it and one for your head to wear when the game starts. ( management not responsible for bag mix ups )

Q: How many Lions does it take to screw in a lightbulb ?
A: None, they prefer to stay in the dark.

I bet if the Lions were to play an arena football* team they would lose. Even if the two Williams' are suspended, the Vikings know Daunte and are not afraid of him. AP will run over the top of The Motor City Kitties and Allen, Greenway and the rest of the not suspended defense will destroy the Lions. The first meeting the Lions collapsed, now with the Vikings playing to maintain their lead in the NFC North and the suspension issues they will play mean and tough guess Detroit will go 13 straight without a win, and with ownership down without a clue.

* arena football not a real sport.

IPICKEDYOUOFF
12-04-2008, 06:59 AM
The lions would be a very far away second fav team for me.
I live in michigan so when i was all about Elway and TD, Rod and Sharpe.. my buddies were loven on Barry and Hermen and Brown, cant help but be embrassed if they go o'fer..

Been to 2 bronco games (New Orleans and Cleveland)AWESOME GAMES and 3 lions (BEARS, JAGS, and TITIANS)DISAPOINTMENTS

Like said above i see minnensota being Detroits only chance for a straight up win, however if the williams brothers play not looking so good for the second D-town in my life.....

Eat'em LIONS eat'em up

BarkdogRX7
12-08-2008, 04:51 PM
I think Culpepper and and some decent draft picks this coming off season would help. But I agree, they had all those receivers...Roy Williams, Mike Williams, Charles Rodgers, Calvin Johnson and no one to toss the rock or to protect the guy tossing the rock.

Time will tell..

RealBronco
12-08-2008, 04:56 PM
i'd laugh so hard if they won out... hahhahaha.

Broncosojia
12-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Yes I am! This team is special, they have the talent, they have the schedule, this is a team of destiny. I'm rooting for ya Detroit. :rockon: :rockon:

Southstander
12-08-2008, 05:19 PM
I have been wanting a team to go 0-16 for years. But much like Rome I hate to see it happen to Coach Marranelli, I like that guy.

Overtime
12-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Like Chris Berman says, it looks like

The Lions Could Go All The Way!!!!!!!

to 0-16 that is. :D

Ravage!!!
12-08-2008, 06:06 PM
No. I don't have anything against the Lions. The only time I would be ROOTING for somthing like that is if it were the Chiefs or the Raiders.

getlynched47
12-08-2008, 06:07 PM
thats effed up.

didnt ur mom ever teach u not to pick on the retarded kid at school :coffee:

Alcaeus15
12-08-2008, 06:20 PM
I have been wanting a team to go 0-16 for years. But much like Rome I hate to see it happen to Coach Marranelli, I like that guy.

Yeah he has a really good attitude about the situation, about how he would never want to give up on the team.

saltybuggah
12-08-2008, 06:28 PM
i wonder how many broncos fans would actually cheer for the broncos to lose the rest of the games if we ever went 0-13... :confused:

this is why i didnt want to see the dolphins or now the lions accomplish this feat...

slostenracing
12-08-2008, 07:17 PM
i'd laugh so hard if they won out... hahhahaha.

They could almost take over third place in their division if they did and Packers lost out :rolleyes: NFL this year is full of sub-par teams.

AznBroncoFan
12-08-2008, 11:41 PM

Yeah he has a really good attitude about the situation, about how he would never want to give up on the team.

Trust me you guys just haven't seen his arrogant side. Rod MORONelli is nothing but a D-line coach from Tampa. He has no headcoaching experience whatsoever and they hired him....what a joke! The guy will never admit his team lacks talent and always says the same ol' cliche moronelli things over and over. He brings in these used up former buccaneers and think they will be the real deal...lol too bad they all suck. He refused to play the young QB's last season even when the season was pretty much over...he insisted on letting that bum Kitna play the whole season! He hires his son-in-law to be the D-coordinator and look how that's turned out lmao! And he refuses to fire him too. What a joke this guy is! Stupid lions need a whole new uniform style and some CHEERLEADERS!!! Get rid of that stupid helmet logo...change it all!!! I'm just glad I'm not a lions fan. I just laugh at them.

Javalon
12-09-2008, 01:36 AM
At first I was kind of wanting to see them lose every game. But then I started thinking about their long-suffering fans... Since they aren't Raiders, Chiefs, or Chargers fans I can't really wish this on them.

So I hope they pull off an upset somewhere. It certainly doesn't look like an easy remaining schedule for them to do it. But best of luck to them!

saltybuggah
12-16-2008, 08:08 AM
well well well

the lions almost came up with a victory against the colts...

tied game at 21-21 into the 4th quarter but then the colts took over the game...

its going to be an interesting game this week with the saints coming into town...

saints won one game this year on the road and are coming off of a loss to the bears...

the lions are playing as competitive as they can these last few weeks...

im thinking the lions pull out a victory at home this week :salute:

AznBroncoFan
12-16-2008, 12:03 PM
^ Believe it or not, the lions are much worse at home lol. I predict a blow-out by halftime.

Nomad Broncofan
12-16-2008, 01:44 PM
I don't care what the Lions do!

CretorFrigg
12-16-2008, 03:18 PM
I don't want to admit it but I do want to see a team go 0-16; I don't want to wait much longer! So with that said, Detroit Lions 0-16!