PDA

View Full Version : Marty going back to Browns

Beagle
12-07-2008, 11:03 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3752018

I actually called this earlier this year in the smack section while praising Marty to some Discharger fans.

WinFirst
12-07-2008, 11:05 AM
I just saw this too. Marty is a good coach but after the Chargers fiasco, retirement is his future.

How bad do the Chargers miss this guy? :)

ArchAngel
12-07-2008, 11:10 AM
I've always respected Marty. He and the Browns go together like oreos and milk. Now, if they can only talk Bernie Kozar out of retirement!

Peerless
12-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Good move by the Browns.

WinFirst
12-07-2008, 11:13 AM
Good move by the Browns.

talkin to Bernie or Marty? :D

xX-Bronco-Xx
12-07-2008, 11:15 AM
Brady just got an early Christmas present. :rockon:

rainmaker
12-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Marty is the kind of coach that really disciplines his team to execution and excellence. However this same discipline trait causes him to be conservative when he should go for the throat.

"Schottenheimer was the Browns' defensive coordinator under Sam Rutigliano in 1980 but took over as head coach when Rutigliano was fired midway through the 1984 season. Schottenheimer had a 44-27 record with the Browns, won three divisional titles, had four playoff appearances and two AFC Championship Game appearances before he was fired by owner Art Modell."
(Both AFC Championship losses to John Elways Broncos heh heh)

CutlerNFLFilms
12-07-2008, 12:10 PM
I've always respected Marty. He and the Browns go together like oreos and milk. Now, if they can only talk Bernie Kozar out of retirement!

Here's the thing: I think the Browns have found Kosar II in Quinn. I really think that kid is gonna be a great QB in the league.

It would be very nostalgic for Schottenheimer to go back to Cleveland with his 'new Kosar' and make another run. Good for the game IMO.

I think that we have our new Elway..... here's to the Broncos and Browns doing it again for the big prize at stake.... I wish the Browns the best when they aren't playing us. Great fans.

BarkdogRX7
12-07-2008, 12:18 PM
This is nothing but good for the Browns if they make a serious push for it. I think Cower needs to be coaching somewhere too

CutlerNFLFilms
12-07-2008, 12:20 PM
This is nothing but good for the Browns if they make a serious push for it. I think Cower needs to be coaching somewhere too

I think either Cowher or Marty would be great choices. I think they want Cowher from what I've heard but he is unsure about returning.

rst08tierney
12-07-2008, 12:27 PM
its all speculation at this point, but i would not be surprised if it happens

Darth Tyger
12-07-2008, 12:53 PM
All I can say is two things:

Over the decades, as a Bronco fan, I ALWAYS hated it when we played a Schottenheimer team.....he had a knack coming up with good damn teams.

Over the decades, as a Bronco fan, I ALWAYS LOVED IT when we played a Norv Turner team....he has a knack for destroying decent teams.

Congratulations Cleveland Browns, and BWAHAHAHAHA!!! to the San Diego Suckers.....there's one born every minute.

;)

6cbryan
12-07-2008, 12:59 PM
I really hope that Schottenheimer returns to the Browns. Hopefully Cutler could terrorize him in the playoffs like Elway did. It would be like the 80's all over again. There's a gleam men, a gleam!!!:D

HORSEPOWER 56
12-07-2008, 01:08 PM
I hope that the Browns hire Cowher. Hear me out -

There's no way Marty goes back to SD. If the Browns get Marty, that leaves Cowher (assuming he comes back) as available. If anyone thinks for one second that Norv won't be out on his a$$ in a heartbeat if the Chargers can get Cowher, you're crazy. I just don't want Cowher in our division, period.

Maharishineo
12-07-2008, 01:14 PM
I hope that the Browns hire Cowher. Hear me out -

There's no way Marty goes back to SD. If the Browns get Marty, that leaves Cowher (assuming he comes back) as available. If anyone thinks for one second that Norv won't be out on his a$$ in a heartbeat if the Chargers can get Cowher, you're crazy. I just don't want Cowher in our division, period.

The Chargers would have to fire AJ Smith, too--because he sure as heck wouldn't hire somebody as Cowher commanding, and Cowher wouldn't work for somebody that would be as controlling as Smith. Of course, Smith also said Turner would be back, too. That makes two reasons both Smith and Turner would have to go for the Chargers to hire Cowher. Of course, if they did go after Cowher--either the Browns or the Chargers--both already have the 3-4 system in place...

12-07-2008, 01:28 PM
To hell with the Browns and Schottenheimer. Both are longtime Bronco rivals, I wish nothing but losing for them both.

Crennel dug his own grave with those postgame press conferences like "what are you guys lookin' at me for?"