PDA

View Full Version : Lakers!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

miguel_fdz92
12-08-2008, 12:47 AM
I'm a huge lakers fan and I think Kobe is a beast and I was wondering who else on here is a lakers fan :salute:

miguel_fdz92
12-08-2008, 12:50 AM
and I think we have the best bench in the NBA

Bronco_Armada
12-08-2008, 04:26 PM
I think the Lakers suck. :coffee:

Hope I see them lose in the finals again to the Celtics. Will be most delightful to watch Kobe cry and watch "The Machine" have another fit.

Grey Skies. :salute!:

licence_to_kill
12-25-2008, 10:28 PM
Whoo! :smug:

miguel_fdz92
12-25-2008, 11:50 PM
Whoo! :smug:

:salute: ....... :salute:

miguel_fdz92
12-25-2008, 11:55 PM
Lakers beat the celtics today 92 - 83 It was a very exciting game that was close until the very end when the best team in the NBA (the Lakers!!!!) pulled away to win it. The lakers showed they aren't soft and they are a physical team that can play great defense like they did today by holding the celtics to 83 points. NBA championship here we come :salute:

licence_to_kill
12-26-2008, 12:40 AM
This win felt so good.

Protected our record too. :cheers:

Gr3yStreet
12-26-2008, 09:55 AM
Oh boy....

Guess What? It's December.

Celtics are still a MUCH better team.

No way anyone stops them from repeating.

miguel_fdz92
12-26-2008, 11:59 AM
Oh boy....

....... :coffee:

Bronco_Armada
12-26-2008, 03:44 PM
You can see the lakers desperation.
Scattering like cockroaches when the lights turn on, media questioning if they are a championship caliber team, they get 1 win against Boston in L.A. and think they are now the Number 1 team in the NBA.

Sad. :coffee:

:laugh:

darrent/hero
12-26-2008, 04:40 PM
You can see the lakers desperation.
Scattering like cockroaches when the lights turn on, media questioning if they are a championship caliber team, they get 1 win against Boston in L.A. and think they are now the Number 1 team in the NBA.

Sad. :coffee:

:laugh:

what?

the only thing i saw was kobe & pau take over last night.

not to mention machine going off against the hated celtics.

CELTICS SUCK.

LAKERS RULE.

ebsoria
12-26-2008, 05:08 PM
For some reason when I read your posts I get an image of a little guy with a high pitched monotone but very rapid speech pattern, like you're juiced by Red Bull........

OH.... and BEAT L-A!!!

BEAT L-A!!!!

:P

miguel_fdz92
12-26-2008, 11:36 PM
what?

the only thing i saw was kobe & pau take over last night.

not to mention machine going off against the hated celtics.

CELTICS SUCK.

LAKERS RULE.

that's exactly what I saw :rockon:

CELTICS SUCK :coffee:

Overtime
12-27-2008, 02:11 PM
I love the Lakers, have since the days of Magic Johnson.

But as a KU fan, I was really happy that Paul Pierce won a Championship, even if it was with the Celtics.

Kobe is hands down the best player in the NBA right now, but I dont think he's as good as Michael Jordan or Wilt Chamberlain, but he's the 3rd best player in NBA History.

licence_to_kill
12-28-2008, 09:55 PM
I love the Lakers, have since the days of Magic Johnson.

But as a KU fan, I was really happy that Paul Pierce won a Championship, even if it was with the Celtics.

Kobe is hands down the best player in the NBA right now, but I dont think he's as good as Michael Jordan or Wilt Chamberlain, but he's the 3rd best player in NBA History.

What about Magic and Kareem?

miguel_fdz92
12-31-2008, 02:12 AM
What about Magic and Kareem?

They have to be in the top 5 while kobe is the best ever :rockon:

miguel_fdz92
12-31-2008, 02:37 AM
:laugh: the celtics lost to the Portland trail blazer even with the blazers missing their best player brandon roy :laugh:

nbaballer913
01-02-2009, 10:37 PM
Big Lakers AND Nuggets fan here!

Kobe is my all-time favorite player! :rockon:

miguel_fdz92
01-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Big Lakers AND Nuggets fan here!

Kobe is my all-time favorite player! :rockon:

Kobe is my all time favorite player also :rockon:

miguel_fdz92
01-12-2009, 11:34 PM
:rockon: go LAKERS and keep the wins coming

Spice 1
01-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Start prayin boys...

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/We-are-all-witnesses--lebron-james-546522_1024_768.jpg

miguel_fdz92
01-20-2009, 12:08 AM
Start prayin boys...

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/We-are-all-witnesses--lebron-james-546522_1024_768.jpg

yea we are all witnesses to lebron getting killed by Kobe and the lakers!!!! whoooo go LAKERS!!!!!

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
01-20-2009, 12:29 AM
lakers = suck

Spice 1
01-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Lakers did what they had to do last night. Cavs have no size with Z out, and Jackson took advantage of it. Offense hasn't been the same w/o Z either. Z forces guys like Bynum and Gasol to leave the paint. Not having West takes away scoring, and hurts perimeter defense. If it wasn't for Sasha, the Cavs would have gotten massacered last night. LA is a better team than I thought. Hopefully the Cavs can get healthy next time they play. Question for you Laker fans. Does Gasol ever miss a ten-thirteen foot jumper? Damn.

miguel_fdz92
01-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Lakers did what they had to do last night. Cavs have no size with Z out, and Jackson took advantage of it. Offense hasn't been the same w/o Z either. Z forces guys like Bynum and Gasol to leave the paint. Not having West takes away scoring, and hurts perimeter defense. If it wasn't for Sasha, the Cavs would have gotten massacered last night. LA is a better team than I thought. Hopefully the Cavs can get healthy next time they play. Question for you Laker fans. Does Gasol ever miss a ten-thirteen foot jumper? Damn.

Nice to see a classy cavs fan :salute: it was a good game and the cavs are a good team but I think they were missing Z I hope the next time we play Z is back to and then we can see who comes out on top. Z is not bad at a ten-thirteen foot jumper himself

armedequation
01-26-2009, 06:39 PM
kurt rambis = enough said
:rockon:

even with z back, i dont think it will help you now that bynum is returning to form. One thing about AB that ticked me off is people questioning whether or not he will return to form. COME ON! Do they even think about the seriousness of his injury? I seem to remember talk from various physicians saying it could quite possibly end his career. I think his play as of late answers that

I also think its funny how the celts beat us last year without bynums presence and called it a beating. This year I hope we face you again healthy is all i have to say.

getlynched47
01-26-2009, 06:57 PM
I'm a huge lakers fan and I think Kobe is a beast and I was wondering who else on here is a lakers fan :salute:

sorry bro, but its all about Chauncey, Melo, and the Nuggets :rockon:

miguel_fdz92
01-27-2009, 06:52 PM
kurt rambis = enough said
:rockon:

even with z back, i dont think it will help you now that bynum is returning to form. One thing about AB that ticked me off is people questioning whether or not he will return to form. COME ON! Do they even think about the seriousness of his injury? I seem to remember talk from various physicians saying it could quite possibly end his career. I think his play as of late answers that

I also think its funny how the celts beat us last year without bynums presence and called it a beating. This year I hope we face you again healthy is all i have to say.

....:salute:

armedequation
01-31-2009, 01:25 PM
nice win over the wolves (which previous to xmas you couldnt say that). Saw AJ get more than preferred but thats to be expected as he's an offensive force.

Next up for all your laker needs is a matchup of brotherly love when marc and pau shake hands:peace:

Strimpel
01-31-2009, 11:29 PM
No no no. Nuggets all the way.

Spice 1
02-02-2009, 02:12 PM

It's starting to look like you're going to have to get used to seeing the Lakers w/o Bynum.

miguel_fdz92
02-04-2009, 12:34 PM
No no no. Nuggets all the way.

Nuggets all the way until they meet the lakers again in the playoffs and the lakers sweep them :rockon:

miguel_fdz92
02-04-2009, 12:36 PM
It's starting to look like you're going to have to get used to seeing the Lakers w/o Bynum.

sadly you are right at least until the playoffs come around

miguel_fdz92
02-08-2009, 12:46 AM
Oh boy....

now it's February and we still beat the celtics at Boston and with out bynum :rockon:

nbaballer913
02-08-2009, 01:08 AM
The Charlotte Bobcats traded managing partner Michael Jordan's first draft pick on Saturday, sending struggling forward Adam Morrison and reserve guard Shannon Brown to the Los Angeles Lakers for forward Vladimir Radmanovic.

Morrison
Jordan's first major decision after becoming part owner with the final say on all basketball decisions was taking Morrison with the third overall pick in the 2006 draft over Brandon Roy, Rudy Gay and others.

The former Gonzaga star known in college for his shaggy hair and thin mustache never lived up to expectations and had fallen out of favor with first-year coach Larry Brown. He was jettisoned for the 6-foot-10 Radmanovic, who was averaging 5.9 points and 2.5 rebounds a game with the Lakers.

The move is a sign of another failed decision by Jordan, who was widely criticized for selecting Kwame Brown with the No. 1 overall pick in 2001 when he ran the Washington Wizards.

"We definitely wish him well," Bobcats general manager Rod Higgins said of Morrison. "He's a good kid and hopefully he gets an opportunity to play. You never know, he might get a chance to win a [championship] ring."

The move is the third trade the Bobcats have made this season in a roster shakeup under Brown, who is trying to get the fifth-year Bobcats to the playoffs for the first time. Radmanovic will become the 22nd player to suit up for Charlotte this season, an NBA high.

Morrison and Brown were never a good fit. Morrison's defensive deficiencies didn't mesh with Brown's style, and Morrison had failed to hit shots consistently, struggling in a starting role the past four games after small forward Gerald Wallace suffered a partially collapsed lung and a broken rib against the Lakers on Jan. 27.

Morrison, who cut his trademark hair short before this season, will get a chance to crack the Lakers' rotation and become an outside scoring threat. Morrison, who averaged a national-best 28.1 points for Gonzaga in 2005-06, missed all of last season after tearing a knee ligament in a preseason game.

Morrison, due about $5.3 million next season in the final year of his rookie contract, was averaging just 4.5 points while shooting 36 percent from the field and 34 percent from 3-point range.

The deal also gives the Lakers some salary-cap relief. Radmanovic is owed $6.5 million next season and $6.9 million a year later in a player option.

He gives the Bobcats more depth up front. Higgins said Radmanovic will likely play both small and power forward.

"Being a 6-10 guy, obviously he brings some height as well as some athleticism," Higgins said. "He's guy that can make some shots. I think he will fit in with our current roster well."

Shannon Brown was signed in the offseason and had played sparingly until Friday night, when he committed a turnover and had a shot blocked in the closing seconds of a 102-97 loss to Atlanta. A groin injury to starting shooting guard Raja Bell put Brown into the lineup.

Higgins said they were arranging for Radmanovic to fly from Cleveland, where the Lakers play the Cavaliers on Sunday, to Miami. The Bobcats play the Heat Sunday night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Good trade imo though I liked Vlady

armedequation
02-08-2009, 04:23 PM
even without bynum, your seeing a much different team from last year. Im glad we got rid of radmanovic, for being 6'10 he lacked D especially when tagged on smaller guys. Im not saying adam will step in and be all he can be either, but im hopeful.

While ariza played in the playoffs last year, he was out all season and never got into his niche (didnt really have time to either).

Odom is finally playing up to his potential for the past several games. His physical play has also helped gasol play physical as well, kind of a "well if you can do it, i can too" type of thing.

anyhoo i do have to say the lakers are well deserving of the title of best team in the league after a fantastic 6-0 roadtrip:salute!:

Spice 1
02-10-2009, 02:38 PM
Odom is finally playing up to his potential for the past several games. His physical play has also helped gasol play physical as well, kind of a "well if you can do it, i can too" type of thing.

anyhoo i do have to say the lakers are well deserving of the title of best team in the league after a fantastic 6-0 roadtrip:salute!:

Odom turned into James Worthy Sunday Night. If he was consistent, he'd still be a Clipper, and they'd be in the playoffs every year. Lakers are playing with intensity, and no one is matching that intensity right now. They are the best team in the league right now. It's not even close.

armedequation
02-10-2009, 11:30 PM
He gives the Bobcats more depth up front. Higgins said Radmanovic will likely play both small and power forward.

"Being a 6-10 guy, obviously he brings some height as well as some athleticism," Higgins said. "He's guy that can make some shots. I think he will fit in with our current roster well."

....(looks around confused)

has he seen this guy play D against most small forwards? He gets eaten alive and dont get me started about him as PF. Ever wonder why his minutes were drastically reduced this year compared to last?

miguel_fdz92
02-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Odom turned into James Worthy Sunday Night. If he was consistent, he'd still be a Clipper, and they'd be in the playoffs every year. Lakers are playing with intensity, and no one is matching that intensity right now. They are the best team in the league right now. It's not even close.

when odom plays great were a lot better, now its nice to see odom playing consistent the last couple of games hopefully he stays consistent :D

Chris Wade
02-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Hopefully Lamar is measuring career years left vs championship rings. Tends to light a fire under veteranos.

armedequation
02-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Hopefully Lamar is measuring career years left vs championship rings. Tends to light a fire under veteranos.

so far it has but ive noticed a bad trend with the lakers since bynum has been out. Pau and Lamar have done a tremendous job inside (especially lamar). The trend im seeing is lack of play by the guards. Im not sure when the last time ive seen fisher score more than 15pts. Farmar hasnt been up to snuff but thats partially do to his injury earlier in the year.

More so is their defensive play (guards specifically). Ive seen numerous nights where the opposing guards have lit it up.......

I dont want to see kobe score more than 35 as that usually means someones not doing their job sufficiently

miguel_fdz92
02-19-2009, 12:00 AM
great back to back wins lakers keep em coming :rockon:

stnzed
02-19-2009, 12:23 AM
I think the Lakers suck. :coffee:

Hope I see them lose in the finals again to the Celtics. Will be most delightful to watch Kobe cry and watch "The Machine" have another fit.

Grey Skies. :salute!:

And to hear another "Kobe, tell me how my ass tastes" blast from Shaq-fu. :salute!:.......

armedequation
02-21-2009, 09:00 PM
quick stat for you:

odom has had 17+ rebounds in 6 out of the last 7 games.

russell westbrook for ROY

kio
02-21-2009, 10:32 PM
lakers all the way baby
broncos and lakers best teams ever

armedequation
02-22-2009, 07:37 PM
lakers barely get by the wolves. I hope for the wolves sake that mchale stays the coach. I liked the effort that love put up tonight but i think he needs just a few more minutes and it will be a double-double every night for him. Good to put it his naysayers faces...

the big 3 had a good night and walton surprisingly did contribute!

oh and heres the big numbers charlotte was hoping for when the traded for rad:

28 minutes
2-8 FG
2-2 FT
3 RB
2 AST
7 PTS
3 FLS

very similar to waltons numbers tonight

Peerless
02-22-2009, 09:45 PM
F the Fakers.

miguel_fdz92
02-22-2009, 10:50 PM
lakers all the way baby
broncos and lakers best teams ever

hell yeah :rockon:

armedequation
02-24-2009, 08:31 PM
F the Fakers.

*oh reginald........I disagree vrooooooom*

quite the argument you have there, cant say much to that:rolleyes:

licence_to_kill
02-24-2009, 11:40 PM
God I miss Bynum.

That kid has so much potential its scary. His ceiling is through the roof.

miguel_fdz92
02-25-2009, 06:48 PM
yea bynum is a great developing player that i know will become an all star and hopefully this time bynum's around once playoffs start

miguel_fdz92
02-27-2009, 09:40 PM
great win nuggets you guys deserved it :salute:

CodyRoark
02-27-2009, 09:47 PM
I was watching the game on Justin.tv and the fans of the Lakers were all saying that they were going to shoot the announcers and Birdman. Personally that pisses me off... Lakers played hard but The Nuggets played harder. They earned the win and it's something I thought the Fans should have respected seeing how the Lakers beat us 9 straight times. Many Many Many more battles to come between Nuggets/Lakers. I love my Nuggets and I thought we played our hearts out!

miguel_fdz92
02-27-2009, 09:51 PM
I was watching the game on Justin.tv and the fans of the Lakers were all saying that they were going to shoot the announcers and Birdman. Personally that pisses me off... Lakers played hard but The Nuggets played harder. They earned the win and it's something I thought the Fans should have respected seeing how the Lakers beat us 9 straight times. Many Many Many more battles to come between Nuggets/Lakers. I love my Nuggets and I thought we played our hearts out!

You guys did play your hearts out that's why you guys got the win ur right there's many more battles yet to come and hopefully my lakers can come out on top great job today nuggets :salute:

armedequation
03-01-2009, 06:13 PM

just know that not all lakers fans are like that, seems like others foget this :peace:

miguel_fdz92
03-02-2009, 06:31 PM
just know that not all lakers fans are like that, seems like others foget this :peace:

exactly, :salute:

miguel_fdz92
03-04-2009, 06:54 PM
great win yesterday LOS LAKERS that was cool how there jerseys were all in spanish :peace: hope they do that again

armedequation
03-07-2009, 12:49 PM
wont ever happen but i want the lakers to trade walton and morrison to the wolves for kevin love:smug:

Bronco_Armada
03-07-2009, 01:09 PM
great win yesterday LOS LAKERS that was cool how there jerseys were all in spanish :peace: hope they do that again

Spurs and Suns did that in a game last year.

2 other teams did that as well. Can't remember which ones.

licence_to_kill
03-07-2009, 10:25 PM
wont ever happen but i want the lakers to trade walton and morrison to the wolves for kevin love:smug:

The wolves have made some dumb trades in the past, wouldn't surprise me.

armedequation
03-08-2009, 06:42 PM
The wolves have made some dumb trades in the past, wouldn't surprise me.

mchale thinks the world of him and his rebounding ability so i doubt, can always dream though.

CodyRoark
03-08-2009, 07:15 PM
The Nuggs. are really pissing me off. Giving up 61 in the first half to the worst team in the NBA. I'm real close to converting to a Lakers fan.

licence_to_kill
03-09-2009, 05:30 PM
mchale thinks the world of him and his rebounding ability so i doubt, can always dream though.

I still can't believe they gave up OJ Mayo for him.

dumb, dumb, dumb

miguel_fdz92
03-10-2009, 05:40 PM
The Nuggs. are really pissing me off. Giving up 61 in the first half to the worst team in the NBA. I'm real close to converting to a Lakers fan.

make the switch cody :D

armedequation
03-14-2009, 09:48 AM
I still can't believe they gave up OJ Mayo for him.

dumb, dumb, dumb

not hardly. sorry still think love is better all the way especially when it comes to work ethic and the way he approaches the game. The guy has been averaging a double-double a night for a while now and he'll only get better.

armedequation
03-16-2009, 05:44 PM
cant believe someone actually tried to compare the kobe trade demand to cutlers.....

made me sick to my stomach that they were even compared.

Spice 1
03-17-2009, 01:15 PM
cant believe someone actually tried to compare the kobe trade demand to cutlers.....

made me sick to my stomach that they were even compared.

I know. Kobe wanted a trade, because he thought his teammates sucked and he couldn't win. Cutler wants a trade, because his new head coach basically told him that he doesn't want him around.

denfan07
03-17-2009, 01:16 PM
forget the lakers its all about the phoenix suns and the shaqtus not to mention they won last against the lakers

Bronco_Armada
03-17-2009, 01:24 PM
forget the lakers its all about the phoenix suns and the shaqtus not to mention they won last against the lakers

That is all the suns will have for the season.

They will not even make the playoffs.

:D

miguel_fdz92
03-17-2009, 05:35 PM

and not to mention that they are not going to make the playoffs :laugh:

miguel_fdz92
03-25-2009, 05:40 PM
great win yesterday lakers, nice to see a game that doesnt come down to the final shots :smug:

Bronco_Armada
03-27-2009, 09:58 AM
anyone see Kobe is being sued by his maid :laugh:

miguel_fdz92
04-13-2009, 03:58 PM
anyone see Kobe is being sued by his maid :laugh:

i dont know what to make out of that but anyways go lakers

CodyRoark
04-18-2009, 05:39 PM
I'd like to see Nuggets vs Lakers Semifinals, I'd bet money Lakers would win, but what the hell at least if it happens the Nuggets would have finally gotten out of the first round! Happy Hunting tomorrow when the Lakers kill the Jazz and hopefully My Nuggets beat the Hornets.

armedequation
05-01-2009, 03:35 PM
I'd like to see Nuggets vs Lakers Semifinals, I'd bet money Lakers would win, but what the hell at least if it happens the Nuggets would have finally gotten out of the first round! Happy Hunting tomorrow when the Lakers kill the Jazz and hopefully My Nuggets beat the Hornets.

took my girl to her first bball game for game 3 of the jazz versus lakers! Surprisingly good seats and nice fans the jazz have, we had an excellent time and she thought she was royally spoiled for her first game in attendance. She didnt watch the game until we started going out (a year ago) and now she knows all the players names.

it was awesome for my first laker game too as ive been a lifelong fan. I am very hopeful of a lakers/denver matchup as we'll go to that game too:peace:

DawgFanatic
05-04-2009, 10:41 PM
* crickets ... crickets *

Don't talk too fast laker fans......you too Nugget fans...

Maharishineo
05-04-2009, 11:12 PM

The Rockets surprised the Lakers, who were 4-0 against Houston in the regular season. This is the first time the Lakers faced the Rockets as a complete team, and weren't expecting Houston to bring this kind of physicality. I still think the Lakers (and the Nuggets) win their series. Orlando and Cleveland, too. Orlando and Denver will both have outside shots of bringing down their monstrous foes, but should fall short.

We'll still see that Cavaliers versus Lakers finals, I think. I'll make judgment as to who wins the title when we get to that point, because Orlando will be tough on Cleveland. Right now I'm leaning Lakers but LeBron has always been one to surprise and over-achieve his already boisterous expectations. This year James' focus seems intense. We'll find out through these next two series.

Sounds like fun to me 'dog'. Go Cavaliers. ;)

CoryWinget81
05-04-2009, 11:37 PM

I have nothing to say but GO ROCKETS!!! :D

Where are all of those crap talking Lakers fans that were predicting 4 blowouts in a sweep of Houston????

Gr3yStreet
05-05-2009, 07:13 AM
Solid game by the Rockets. They played good defense and proved a point.

L.A. is no Juggernaut. ..good...but beatable.

broncofan2415
05-05-2009, 07:40 AM

Where are all of those crap talking Lakers fans that were predicting 4 blowouts in a sweep of Houston????

Ditto

Go Nuggets

BroncoManiac_69
05-05-2009, 08:34 AM
I know it's only game one but.....

BuuuWahahahahahaha!!

CoryWinget81
05-05-2009, 08:37 AM
Rockets took one, Lakers will win the next, AND THEN

Houston will win both of its home games...

...what happens next :D

BroncoManiac_69
05-05-2009, 08:40 AM
Rockets took one, Lakers will win the next, AND THEN

Houston will win both of its home games...

...what happens next :D

Where amazing happens. ;)

armedequation
05-05-2009, 05:04 PM

hopefully your not talking about me. And you cheered for LA earlier in the season or at least was thinking of converting?

wow so the lakers have 1 (count it, just one game) off game shooting and people are talking crap? Most of it was the lakers just missing shots they usually make. I highly doubt they will give up this series to houston.....

armedequation
05-05-2009, 05:08 PM

i think your being overly confident especially after playing an easy oppenent in the first round

Peerless
05-05-2009, 05:13 PM
Go Spurs Go!

CoryWinget81
05-05-2009, 05:35 PM
hopefully your not talking about me. And you cheered for LA earlier in the season or at least was thinking of converting?

wow so the lakers have 1 (count it, just one game) off game shooting and people are talking crap? Most of it was the lakers just missing shots they usually make. I highly doubt they will give up this series to houston.....

-->I<-- cheered for LA? :laugh: You have me mistaken for someone else.

armedequation
05-05-2009, 05:41 PM
-->I<-- cheered for LA? :laugh: You have me mistaken for someone else.

it was after the nuggets lost by 60 some to the kings......

CoryWinget81
05-05-2009, 05:57 PM
it was after the nuggets lost by 60 some to the kings......

Not me buddy...sorry.

I did once joke on here about being a yankees fan.......

I think you are talking about CodyRoark

armedequation
05-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Not me buddy...sorry.

I did once joke on here about being a yankees fan.......

I think you are talking about CodyRoark

my bad good memory though :high five:

so is it personal against the lakers or that you dont want the nugs to face them next round if it works out that way?

CoryWinget81
05-05-2009, 06:02 PM
my bad good memory though :high five:

so is it personal against the lakers or that you dont want the nugs to face them next round if it works out that way?

I think we can beat em if we play our style of basketball, but I'd rather not have to take that chance :laugh:

Plus, I can't stand Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol.

armedequation
05-05-2009, 06:04 PM
I think we can beat em if we play our style of basketball, but I'd rather not have to take that chance :laugh:

Plus, I can't stand Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol.

well i know pau is a little wierd looking but dont judge him on that. Im used to people hating kobe. If your a lakers fan you love him, and if your not a lakers fan....
well you get the picture

CodyRoark
05-05-2009, 06:30 PM
I'm a diehard Nuggets fan, I live and breath everything Nuggets. Kobe is amazing! Anyone that is a fan of a diff. team in the NBA would also agree. But I hope it's Denver vs LA in the Western Conference Finals! It would be a good series because I think we can stay in the run with them.

armedequation
05-06-2009, 06:58 PM
I'm a diehard Nuggets fan, I live and breath everything Nuggets. Kobe is amazing! Anyone that is a fan of a diff. team in the NBA would also agree. But I hope it's Denver vs LA in the Western Conference Finals! It would be a good series because I think we can stay in the run with them.

i am hoping so! While ive always been a diehard lakers fan, ive also cheered for the nugs. Plus i would be able to take my significant other to her second playoff nba game! our first was game 4 in utah which was awesome not only for me but for her too

CoryWinget81
05-07-2009, 11:25 AM
After what happened last night, I'm fully convinced Kobe could show up on the floor with a 9mm and start cappin people, and wouldn't get called.

That game was a joke.

Silent-Assassin
05-07-2009, 12:44 PM
After what happened last night, I'm fully convinced Kobe could show up on the floor with a 9mm and start cappin people, and wouldn't get called.

That game was a joke.

That game was in L.A. so what do you expect?

I'm just really looking forward to a suspension on Kobe.:td::peace:

Spice 1
05-07-2009, 12:51 PM

That game was a joke.

Kobe is nothing compared to Gasol hooking every time he turns to the hoop. He's been doing this for two years now, and I can't figure out why NBA officials don't call it. It's not like they can't see it, the guys arms are five feet long.

GridironChamp
05-07-2009, 02:42 PM

That game was a joke.

What do you expect?

Kobe, for years, has landed solid elbows on defenders that "harass" him around
the league and nothing ever comes of it. He knows he is a superstar and he
knows that all LA columnists, LA based newscaster, and LA writers will defend
everything he does till death. He clearly should be suspended but won't be.

I will have to say I was dissatisfied with his reaction to Ron Artest coming over
though. No, it wasn't as lame, wussy, *****, and panzee like as Melo a couple
years ago running the length of the court after throwing a girlie right handed
hook at 5'9" Nate Robinson but he looked away and raised his hands up because
he knew 1) that he did it and 2) that Ron Ron isn't the one to do it too.

GridironChamp
05-07-2009, 02:45 PM
Kobe is nothing compared to Gasol hooking every time he turns to the hoop. He's been doing this for two years now, and I can't figure out why NBA officials don't call it. It's not like they can't see it, the guys arms are five feet long.

I think it's that Pau is soooo much faster than the other 5's when they get on him
that when he spins on him his hook looks worse than it really is.

* Also, watching PTI they just re-showed Kobe elbowing Battier in game one after
the whistle on the ground... I wonder who else he can elbow and have nothing
happen.

CoryWinget81
05-07-2009, 03:55 PM
IF the Lakers start to pull away from the Rockets and they start acting cocky about it, I fully expect to see Kobe dumped on his head by Artest.

You heard it here first.

Also, I don't think the Fisher thing is over with. He may have gotten suspended, but up and down the Rockets roster are some scrappy, hard-nosed players that don't let things go.

armedequation
05-07-2009, 05:01 PM
lol knew this would happen. Do you guys not remember who artest is? Guess everyone thinks he's an angel on the court.....

how can anyone justify a suspension over that when rondo's foul wasn't even a flagrant? Rondo hit him in the face and wasn't even close to the ball. Kobe wings an elbow to get artest off his back and everyone's screaming for a suspension. If they were face to face or kobe aims for him then i would say definitely.

That being said i do think the refs shouldnt have ejected artest for a the throat movement.

Its about time the playoffs have a real physical battle. I grew up watching the lakers and pistons battle it out. Seems like the nba went more towards finesse

Spyder
05-07-2009, 08:18 PM
lol knew this would happen. Do you guys not remember who artest is? Guess everyone thinks he's an angel on the court.....

how can anyone justify a suspension over that when rondo's foul wasn't even a flagrant? Rondo hit him in the face and wasn't even close to the ball. Kobe wings an elbow to get artest off his back and everyone's screaming for a suspension. If they were face to face or kobe aims for him then i would say definitely.

That being said i do think the refs shouldnt have ejected artest for a the throat movement.

Its about time the playoffs have a real physical battle. I grew up watching the lakers and pistons battle it out. Seems like the nba went more towards finesse

It really makes you miss the days of the Bad Boy Pistons, eh? I hated them at the time, but hahaha.. I miss them now.

Spyder
05-07-2009, 08:22 PM
IF the Lakers start to pull away from the Rockets and they start acting cocky about it, I fully expect to see Kobe dumped on his head by Artest.

You heard it here first.

That would be about as low class as anyone could get.. but hey Ron Ron did punch out a fan and ask for a month off to promote his female R&B group, so anything he does at this point isn't surprising.

Ron didn't deserve to get ejected last night and I hang that on the referees for making a bad judgement call. Kobe has always been a physical player and I honestly wouldn't expect any less out of him.

Welcome to the playoffs.

Ask Phoenix and San Antonio just how physical they can get at times.

CoryWinget81
05-07-2009, 08:28 PM
That would be about as low class as anyone could get.. but hey Ron Ron did punch out a fan and ask for a month off to promote his female R&B group, so anything he does at this point isn't surprising.

Ron didn't deserve to get ejected last night and I hang that referees for making a bad judgement call. Kobe has always been a physical player and I honestly wouldn't expect any less out of him.

Welcome to the playoffs.

Ask Phoenix and San Antonio just how physical they can get at times.

So throwin bows at people, even when they are on the floor, is high class?

I love how Lakers fans are quick to say that every player in the NBA is dirty, but when Kobe does the same thing, you guys turn your head.

Spyder
05-07-2009, 08:33 PM
So throwin bows at people, even when they are on the floor, is high class?

I love how Lakers fans are quick to say that every player in the NBA is dirty, but when Kobe does the same thing, you guys turn your head.

When did I ever say that? People just don't like the fact that one of the best players on the planet, a guard, not a center or forward, can actually get physical and isn't afraid of bigger players.

I love how Nuggets fans are quick to attack the Lakers for anything they do, yet are the first ones to complain about how much of a flopper Chris Paul is, or how Dirk Nowitzki flopped when Kenyon Martin throws an elbow with an intention of putting him in the first row. Or how the Nuggets play the opposing team, the referees and David Stern everytime they take the court.

It's the playoffs.
I know this is the first time you guys have been able to watch it past round one in like 50 years, but try to get used to it.

CoryWinget81
05-07-2009, 08:41 PM
When did I ever say that? People just don't like the fact that one of the best players on the planet, a guard, not a center or forward, can actually get physical and isn't afraid of bigger players.

I love how Nuggets fans are quick to attack the Lakers for anything they do, yet are the first ones to complain about how much of a flopper Chris Paul is, or how Dirk Nowitzki flopped when Kenyon Martin throws an elbow with an intention of putting him in the first row. Or how the Nuggets play the opposing team, the referees and David Stern everytime they take the court.

It's the playoffs.
I know this is the first time you guys have been able to watch it past round one in like 50 years, but try to get used to it.

No, I don't like it that the NBA has an OBVIOUS east/west coast bias. Especially with the Lakers, and with good reason, because they've been pretty good for awhile.

My problem is this: If Ron Artest had thrown his elbow into Kobe that way, he would have been ejected from the game. End of story.

If Ron Artest was caught purposely throwing elbows at people on the floor, he'd be suspended 5 games.

Chris Paul is a flopbag. Everybody in the NBA knows this, players, coaches, commentators, fans...everyone.

K-Mart deserved that foul, but there is no way that he hit Dirk hard enough to send him flying back like he got hit by a car.

The Lakers are spoiled brats, and they proved it last night...

Case in point...why would the bench even get involved in ANY PART of what happened on the floor? Why would Fish all of the sudden decide to blindside someone?

I can say this about Kobe...he's got Ron Artest right where he wants him. Batty may not bite on Kobe's bs, but he knows Artest will.

Spyder
05-07-2009, 08:46 PM
No, I don't like it that the NBA has an OBVIOUS east/west coast bias. Especially with the Lakers, and with good reason, because they've been pretty good for awhile.

My problem is this: If Ron Artest had thrown his elbow into Kobe that way, he would have been ejected from the game. End of story.

If Ron Artest was caught purposely throwing elbows at people on the floor, he'd be suspended 5 games.

Chris Paul is a flopbag. Everybody in the NBA knows this, players, coaches, commentators, fans...everyone.

K-Mart deserved that foul, but there is no way that he hit Dirk hard enough to send him flying back like he got hit by a car.

Case in point...why would the bench even get involved in ANY PART of what happened on the floor? Why would Fish all of the sudden decide to blindside someone?

I can say this about Kobe...he's got Ron Artest right where he wants him. Batty may not bite on Kobe's bs, but he knows Artest will.

Every major sporting league has a bias towards East/West Coast, it's always been that way and it will likely never change.
That's just obvious. I'll admit it sucks when you're a Broncos fan and whatnot.

That's just one of the many attributes that makes Kobe such an awesome player. There's guys who can do a decent job defending him one on one (even though Koba usually wins those battles anyway), but he usually takes extra steps to get under their skin and that's what happened with Artest.

Ronny boy won the battle in game one, because even though Kobe had quite a few points, he jacked the ball up way too many times. Game two easily belonged to Kobe though and honestly, if the Lakers continue winning, I expect Ron to start something. It's not like he doesn't have the history.

Derek is an idiot for ever doing something like that. I'll be the first one to admit I was cursing up a storm when he nailed Scola, it was cheap and retarded.

GridironChamp
05-08-2009, 04:48 PM
That's just one of the many attributes that makes Kobe such an awesome player. There's guys who can do a decent job defending him one on one (even though Koba usually wins those battles anyway), but he usually takes extra steps to get under their skin and that's what happened with Artest.

Ronny boy won the battle in game one, because even though Kobe had quite a few points, he jacked the ball up way too many times. Game two easily belonged to Kobe though and honestly, if the Lakers continue winning, I expect Ron to start something. It's not like he doesn't have the history.

Kobe got under his skin by elbowing him in the throat, on purpose? Come on
now... We all know Kobe has a history of elbowing guys that frustrate him, Raja
Bell, Battier, Artest, Ginobli, ect... He usually doesn't get in trouble because of
two things, 1) He is smart and does it in the "act" of a play, despite loading up
the elbows first and 2) He is still the NBA's Golden Boy.

I don't think Kobe is under Artest's skin at all. I think if anything we saw Kobe
realizing what he got himself into after elbowing Artest in the throat. He wanted
nothing to do with Artest afterwards, even though Artest was only talking to him.
I also disagree that on Artest "doing" something. Did you not see game 2? He
ran over to Kobe, "manned up" on him, and just told him "You know who I am?
Don't start this with me, I'm Ron Artest." Even after being ejected he yelled some,
and who can blame him?, then left. He acted perfectly fine.

I'm going to go out on a limb now, Artest and Battier will do a good job on Kobe
tonight, and a solid job the rest of the series.

licence_to_kill
05-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Am I the only one who thinks his elbow hit his chest and not his throat?

armedequation
05-09-2009, 08:54 AM
Am I the only one who thinks his elbow hit his chest and not his throat?

he did get him in the chest. Gridiron please....why dont you go take a few more glances at that replay. Not only did artest have his forearm on kobe's neck but he also was trying to drive his knee up kobe's you know what.

I will defend fisher because it always seems the guard has no option on high pick and rolls but to get smacked around. I find it funny how fish knocked a what 6-8 guy to the floor....

artest shouldnt have been given a flagrant. If you look at his eyes and where he's going you can tell there's no intent. He's looking at the ball and both arms are going to it.

its a physical game and like i said...its about time.

armedequation
05-09-2009, 08:56 AM

....sigh

it never ends. Its okay though because i'd rather listen to people getting pissed because the lakers are that good then having to be pissed that my team will face them in the next round....

Spyder
05-09-2009, 11:31 AM
Kobe got under his skin by elbowing him in the throat, on purpose? Come on
now... We all know Kobe has a history of elbowing guys that frustrate him, Raja
Bell, Battier, Artest, Ginobli, ect... He usually doesn't get in trouble because of
two things, 1) He is smart and does it in the "act" of a play, despite loading up
the elbows first and 2) He is still the NBA's Golden Boy.

I don't think Kobe is under Artest's skin at all. I think if anything we saw Kobe
realizing what he got himself into after elbowing Artest in the throat. He wanted
nothing to do with Artest afterwards, even though Artest was only talking to him.
I also disagree that on Artest "doing" something. Did you not see game 2? He
ran over to Kobe, "manned up" on him, and just told him "You know who I am?
Don't start this with me, I'm Ron Artest." Even after being ejected he yelled some,
and who can blame him?, then left. He acted perfectly fine.

I'm going to go out on a limb now, Artest and Battier will do a good job on Kobe
tonight, and a solid job the rest of the series.

Most of those guys you mentioned Kobe having history with aren't any better. They play dirty and flop (especially Ginobili) and try just as many tactics themselves to get under others' skin. Come on, you haven't been watching basketball just since whenever LeBron James came into the league, have you? Besides, Kobe didn't catch him in the throat, it was in the chest and if you watch the replay and aren't blind or bias, you'll be able to see that.

As for your prediction.... Kobe dropped 33 and we regained home court fairly easily.... so uh, I guess we'll wait until the next game to see if your Nostradamus work holds up to anything.

Spice 1
05-09-2009, 11:50 AM
I will defend fisher because it always seems the guard has no option on high pick and rolls but to get smacked around. I find it funny how fish knocked a what 6-8 guy to the floor....

I can feel for a guard constantly getting blindsided w/screens, but Fisher saw this one coming. He looked right at Scola, and decided he was going to send a message. That's fine on blacktop, but in the league you can't shrug a guy after looking at him. Fisher is one of the most physical guards in the league, and despite their win the other night, they will still need him in the game to win down the road. Farmar or Pharmor, or whatever, isn't going to get it done over an extended period. People will expose him.

GridironChamp
05-09-2009, 01:17 PM
he did get him in the chest. Gridiron please....why dont you go take a few more glances at that replay. Not only did artest have his forearm on kobe's neck but he also was trying to drive his knee up kobe's you know what.

artest shouldnt have been given a flagrant. If you look at his eyes and where he's going you can tell there's no intent. He's looking at the ball and both arms are going to it.

its a physical game and like i said...its about time.

I've watched the replay plenty to see it was right in the throat. He was trying to
drive his knee? So he put his knee under Kobe to try and move him? That never
happens in basketball, ever. Their arms were locked, Kobe didn't like it, and
chucked and elbow that he knew he wouldn't get in trouble for.

There is no defense for Fisher, he loaded up and drilled Scola.

GridironChamp
05-09-2009, 01:19 PM
....sigh

it never ends. Its okay though because i'd rather listen to people getting pissed because the lakers are that good then having to be pissed that my team will face them in the next round....

Everyone knows the Lakers are good, and they are better when Artest is getting
ejected, twice, for doing nothing close to deserving and ejection.

GridironChamp
05-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Most of those guys you mentioned Kobe having history with aren't any better. They play dirty and flop (especially Ginobili) and try just as many tactics themselves to get under others' skin. Come on, you haven't been watching basketball just since whenever LeBron James came into the league, have you? Besides, Kobe didn't catch him in the throat, it was in the chest and if you watch the replay and aren't blind or bias, you'll be able to see that.

As for your prediction.... Kobe dropped 33 and we regained home court fairly easily.... so uh, I guess we'll wait until the next game to see if your Nostradamus work holds up to anything.

So, it's ok for Kobe to elbow whoever he feels plays dirty? So you do think just
like Stu Jackson then?

Yes they try to get under other people's skin, besides Battier. And it clearly works
when you have "the best" (not anymore) player in the league launched obvious
elbows at you.

It was in the throat, just the Lakers glasses don't let you see that. I don't think
I'm biased here seeming I like Kobe more than anyone on the Lakers or Rockets?
Just because I don't have purple and yellow glasses or contacts doesn't make me
biased.

Kobe shot 11-28 from the field... That's not good, at all. Artest and Battier did
do a good job on him you fool. One would think if you were going to argue something
like this you would have watched the game. Kobe shot 39% and had a stretch
where he was 1 for 9. I guess we can see well my predictions hold, seeming I
was already right once.

Spyder
05-09-2009, 01:46 PM
So, it's ok for Kobe to elbow whoever he feels plays dirty? So you do think just
like Stu Jackson then?

Yes they try to get under other people's skin, besides Battier. And it clearly works
when you have "the best" (not anymore) player in the league launched obvious
elbows at you.

It was in the throat, just the Lakers glasses don't let you see that. I don't think
I'm biased here seeming I like Kobe more than anyone on the Lakers or Rockets?
Just because I don't have purple and yellow glasses or contacts doesn't make me
biased.

Kobe shot 11-28 from the field... That's not good, at all. Artest and Battier did
do a good job on him you fool. One would think if you were going to argue something
like this you would have watched the game. Kobe shot 39% and had a stretch
where he was 1 for 9. I guess we can see well my predictions hold, seeming I
was already right once.

I don't see why it's such a bad thing for Kobe to play a similar brand of basketball that others are known for playing against him. People have always played dirty with Kobe and that much is obvious. He's going to play similar to those who play him, I'm sorry he isn't soft and doesn't just lay down for anyone.

It wasn't in the throat. Plenty of commentators have even said so, it was clearly in the chest, the upper chest area yes, but it wasn't in the throat. There's no contacts or glasses or whatever. You obviously need to get your eyes checked if you honestly think it was the throat.

Kobe's still the best. LeBron has won nothing yet, nothing at all and until he actually does, he's no better than Carmelo Anthony. Atleast Wade has won something, LeBron? Nothing yet....

Kobe struggled at times, but that's every player in the league. You act as if LBJ goes 25/25 nightly. Your prediction didn't amount to anything because we actually won the game. You know that's what matters right? I don't know if you do, because you're only a LBJ fan, not a Cavs fan, a bandwagon LBJ fan who probably started watching basketball in like 05 lol.

As for the fool comment... hahaha, that shows what you're all about there, can't even debate something without getting all chippy.

Typical angry little boy.

Gr3yStreet
05-09-2009, 08:34 PM
See you soon lakers "fans". See you soon.

armedequation
05-09-2009, 08:55 PM
See you soon lakers "fans". See you soon.

what is this "fan" business.....might not want to be so stereotypical

Gr3yStreet
05-10-2009, 08:03 AM
what is this "fan" business.....might not want to be so stereotypical

Yeah...wouldn't want to stereotype lakers "fans"....

licence_to_kill
05-10-2009, 08:30 AM
Yeah...wouldn't want to stereotype lakers "fans"....

All aboard the Nuggets bandwagon!

MNBroncs85
05-10-2009, 08:46 AM
F*** the lakers that's all I have to say. :salute:

CodyRoark
05-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Hey, why are us Nuggets fans coming over here attacking the Lakers? Only a few of the Lakers fan come over to our thread and attack us but they are newbies or trolls. Save it for the Western Conference Finals.

licence_to_kill
05-10-2009, 11:17 AM
Hey, why are us Nuggets fans coming over here attacking the Lakers? Only a few of the Lakers fan come over to our thread and attack us but they are newbies or trolls. Save it for the Western Conference Finals.

Because the Nuggets had an easy time with the Dallas Jumpshooter and the New Orleans Chris Paul's so now they think their team is God's gift to humanity.

GridironChamp
05-10-2009, 11:17 AM
I don't see why it's such a bad thing for Kobe to play a similar brand of basketball that others are known for playing against him. People have always played dirty with Kobe and that much is obvious. He's going to play similar to those who play him, I'm sorry he isn't soft and doesn't just lay down for anyone.
Show me where Battier elbowed or Kobe and then show me where Artest elbowed
him. While your at it, get the clip of Ginobli elbowing him and Raja Bell (not the
clothesline because that was after Kobe elbowed him).

Again, your trying to defend Kobe elbowing people because they play him physically?
That's not an excuse, that's just Kobe doing what he does. I admire him for it,
you don't see James or Wade throwing elbows into guys faces because they
bumped them. I wish they would, I wish James would get pissed when guys mug
him on his way to the basket, I wish Wade would get upset when he is thrown to
his back for the 4th time that game... They don't, Kobe does. But unlike the rest
of the NBA, Kobe isn't called for his bull****.

It wasn't in the throat. Plenty of commentators have even said so, it was clearly in the chest, the upper chest area yes, but it wasn't in the throat. There's no contacts or glasses or whatever. You obviously need to get your eyes checked if you honestly think it was the throat.

Kobe's still the best. LeBron has won nothing yet, nothing at all and until he actually does, he's no better than Carmelo Anthony. Atleast Wade has won something, LeBron? Nothing yet....

See, you tell me to watch games, yet I don't think you do. 1) Kobe has never
been the best player on his team and won a championship. He was carried by
Shaq, and every non Laker homers admits that. 2) All Kobe does anymore is
pull up and shoot, and he is the best at it. If the game is on the line you know he is
going to cross, step back, and shoot. James can do that as well, not as good yet,
but he can also drive when the game is on the line. You have to worry about both
parts of his game whereas Kobe as shown time and time again this year he is not
as explosive driving as he was in his younger years. 3) James is outperforming
Kobe with a worse team. 4) The biggest reason: Kobe after a hard first half, "I
was trying to get the rest of my teamates involved, and they just weren't hitting
the shots. James after a tuff first half, "We just struggled all first half, we didn't
rotate defensivly, we didn't hit shots, or play good team ball."

Kobe struggled at times, but that's every player in the league. You act as if LBJ goes 25/25 nightly. Your prediction didn't amount to anything because we actually won the game. You know that's what matters right? I don't know if you do, because you're only a LBJ fan, not a Cavs fan, a bandwagon LBJ fan who probably started watching basketball in like 05 lol.

Talk about someone getting bent out of shape. I wonder how we got on the topic
of the Cavs? :confused: So now my prediction doesn't account for anything because
it was right, but when you thought it was wrong it meant something? Are you
going to try an argue this way forever? If you noticed, I didn't pick a winner in
the prediction, I just said they would defend Kobe well, which they did.

I do like this though, because I don't have an unnatural biased to a team for whatever
reason, you try to say that means something. Well here, when a team moves back
to Kansas City, I'll root for them, until then, I'll root for whoever I want to win.

As for the fool comment... hahaha, that shows what you're all about there, can't even debate something without getting all chippy.

Typical angry little boy.

I think your one that is upset, seeming you keep going off topic to attempt to insult
me. I'm sorry you are too foolish to watch the game and see Kobe struggle. The
box score doesn't tell the whole story.

licence_to_kill
05-10-2009, 11:20 AM
pull up and shoot, and he is the best at it. If the game is on the line you know he is
going to cross, step back, and shoot. James can do that as well, not as good yet,
but he can also drive when the game is on the line. You have to worry about both
was trying to get the rest of my teamates involved, and they just weren't hitting
the shots. James after a tuff first half, "We just struggled all first half, we didn't
rotate defensivly, we didn't hit shots, or play good team ball."

Lebron has referred to Cavs as his team plenty of times.

Think then post. In that order.

licence_to_kill
05-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Jesus.

The Rockets just can't miss a jumpshot right now.

Atwnbroncfan
05-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Jesus.

The Rockets just can't miss a jumpshot right now.

And the Lakers dont feel like giving an effort to stop penetration or getting a hand in the jump shooters face.

Lakers need to step it up, they figured that the Rockets would be laying down bc of Yao.

Spyder
05-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Show me where Battier elbowed or Kobe and then show me where Artest elbowed
him. While your at it, get the clip of Ginobli elbowing him and Raja Bell (not the
clothesline because that was after Kobe elbowed him).

Again, your trying to defend Kobe elbowing people because they play him physically?
That's not an excuse, that's just Kobe doing what he does. I admire him for it,
you don't see James or Wade throwing elbows into guys faces because they
bumped them. I wish they would, I wish James would get pissed when guys mug
him on his way to the basket, I wish Wade would get upset when he is thrown to
his back for the 4th time that game... They don't, Kobe does. But unlike the rest
of the NBA, Kobe isn't called for his bull****.

You'd be lucky to find a clip on anything unless ESPN decided to show it on every one of their broadcasts over and over again. TV cameras aren't always going to catch every thing going on during the course of a game. I'm not saying these guys are throwing hooks into Kobe's grill or anything, I'm just saying things get chippy between players in the playoffs and I can already gurantee if the Cavs and Lakers happen to meet in the Finals, blood will start boiling after a certain point. It's not like Kobe is out there throwing blows every time he has the ball, people just see what they want to see, see one elbow a game and equate it into something worse.

Don't worry, Lebron could do it if he wanted to, he's not going to get called for anything. The NBA needs him in the finals the same way everyone outside of LA says they need the Lakers in the finals. It's all about who the NBA "needs" and "wants" right?

rotate defensivly, we didn't hit shots, or play good team ball.

1. We can debate all night long about who was actually the best player during the Championship years, but it's not going to change anything. It's easy to look back 7-8 years later and say oh yeah Shaq was no doubt the ENTIRE reason for those runs. The same way he was the ENTIRE reason for the 06 Miami Heat Championship run, right? Oh wait, I seem to remember Dwayne Wade having a pretty large impact. Hmm.. maybe they just worked extremely well together? 2. Lebron can drive because he pretty much knows by now he's protected by the league in the same way that Kobe, the Spurs (who were for years) and a few other select super stars are. That should be obvious by now. You breath on him and he's going to the line. Kobe isn't the only one getting special treatment these days. 3. Lebron has won nothing yet and until he does, I won't even really waste time comparing the two. 4. Yeah, lets go cherry picking a bunch of quotes now to determine who's the better player.

Talk about someone getting bent out of shape. I wonder how we got on the topic
of the Cavs? :confused: So now my prediction doesn't account for anything because
it was right, but when you thought it was wrong it meant something? Are you
going to try an argue this way forever? If you noticed, I didn't pick a winner in
the prediction, I just said they would defend Kobe well, which they did.

We got on the topic of the Cavs the same way this thread turned into a Kobe bashing party. People seem to get a little sidetracked sometimes, don't you agree? It didn't mean anything either way and I can't remember ever acting as if it did. I said the Lakers won the game at the end of the day and that's really all that matters. All these predictions about what a player will or will not do is moot at the end of the game. Remember, as you were quoting Lebron James, it's a team game.

I do like this though, because I don't have an unnatural biased to a team for whatever
reason, you try to say that means something. Well here, when a team moves back
to Kansas City, I'll root for them, until then, I'll root for whoever I want to win.

I think your one that is upset, seeming you keep going off topic to attempt to insult
me. I'm sorry you are too foolish to watch the game and see Kobe struggle. The
box score doesn't tell the whole story.

I called you a bandwagon fan. That's what you are and I don't see the problem with that. Do you? You're obviously fine with it. You've only been watching basketball since 04 or 05 anyway, so what does it really matter?

No, I'm not insulting you. I don't know why you'd take it as such. I'm purely stating the facts. You've admitted in several threads in the past that you weren't much of a basketball fan until LBJ came into the league. Didn't you also say half your family were Sacramento Kings fans or something when they were a good team and now don't really follow the sport? See, I'm just more or less restating what you said yourself, if its such an insulting gesture to admit you're on a bandwagon because of one player, don't.. admit such things?

licence_to_kill
05-10-2009, 01:48 PM
And the Lakers dont feel like giving an effort to stop penetration or getting a hand in the jump shooters face.

Lakers need to step it up, they figured that the Rockets would be laying down bc of Yao.

For the most part they did stop penetration. Nearly all of Houstons points came from outside the paint.

Spyder
05-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Back on topic..

God, we're playing like garbage. We're expecting these guys to just lay down.

licence_to_kill
05-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Kind of hard when the Rockets refuse to miss a jumpshot.

Nice elbow Artest.

Atwnbroncfan
05-10-2009, 02:03 PM
Back on topic..

God, we're playing like garbage. We're expecting these guys to just lay down.

Yea if you guys dont get a run here i dont think its close enough to where kobe can take over. But i still fully expect this series to be done in 6. No way Rockets can beat you 2 more times out of 3 without Yao.

Spyder
05-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Kind of hard when the Rockets refuse to miss a jumpshot.

Nice elbow Artest.

Oh no.. you didn't just go there! lolol.

It's too bad most of the haters around here don't realize how physicality actually swings back ways.

Spyder
05-10-2009, 02:07 PM
Yea if you guys dont get a run here i dont think its close enough to where kobe can take over. But i still fully expect this series to be done in 6. No way Rockets can beat you 2 more times out of 3 without Yao.

What upsets me the most is that I didn't want to have to come back to Houston. We're going to need a few days off, if we win this series. It's too frustrating to think of facing a hot Nuggets team with little to no time for rest.

We keep giving up too many damn uncontested shots.

broncofan2415
05-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Gotta love the Lakers embarrassing themselves.

Why is there even a Laker thread here. Stupid.

Go Nuggs!!!!

Dirk and the rest of the Mavs better stay home.......you cant beat us

GridironChamp
05-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Lebron has referred to Cavs as his team plenty of times.

Think then post. In that order.

Those were rough quotes of what Kobe and LeBron both said after the first half
of their game 3's. (Friday then last night).

GridironChamp
05-10-2009, 05:05 PM
You'd be lucky to find a clip on anything unless ESPN decided to show it on every one of their broadcasts over and over again. TV cameras aren't always going to catch every thing going on during the course of a game. I'm not saying these guys are throwing hooks into Kobe's grill or anything, I'm just saying things get chippy between players in the playoffs and I can already gurantee if the Cavs and Lakers happen to meet in the Finals, blood will start boiling after a certain point. It's not like Kobe is out there throwing blows every time he has the ball, people just see what they want to see, see one elbow a game and equate it into something worse.

He doesn't every play, nor does anyone, but we all know he has a history of
specifically elbowing players that frustrate him. It actually happens with everyone
Rondo, K-mart, Howard, ect all this year, but Kobe is never going to get in trouble
for it.

Don't worry, Lebron could do it if he wanted to, he's not going to get called for anything. The NBA needs him in the finals the same way everyone outside of LA says they need the Lakers in the finals. It's all about who the NBA "needs" and "wants" right?

Yeah LeBron could, as could Wade. I don't buy into the NBA needing anyone or
any team in the finals. That went out the window when the most popular team
was the Suns and they got royally screwed by the STAT suspension a couple
years ago.

1. We can debate all night long about who was actually the best player during the Championship years, but it's not going to change anything. It's easy to look back 7-8 years later and say oh yeah Shaq was no doubt the ENTIRE reason for those runs. The same way he was the ENTIRE reason for the 06 Miami Heat Championship run, right? Oh wait, I seem to remember Dwayne Wade having a pretty large impact. Hmm.. maybe they just worked extremely well together? 2. Lebron can drive because he pretty much knows by now he's protected by the league in the same way that Kobe, the Spurs (who were for years) and a few other select super stars are. That should be obvious by now. You breath on him and he's going to the line. Kobe isn't the only one getting special treatment these days. 3. Lebron has won nothing yet and until he does, I won't even really waste time comparing the two. 4. Yeah, lets go cherry picking a bunch of quotes now to determine who's the better player.

No one said Shaq was the entire team, he was the best player on the team. He
was the focal point of opposing defenses, he made Kobe a better player. Kobe is
still clearly great without him, but he also hasn't won without him either.

LeBron is protected like all superstars are, but he is still the best player in the NBA
at driving. His size, speed, and body control are unmatchable by anyone.

That is the stupidest argument one can make, IMO. By that, you are saying guys
like Brian Scalabrine are better than the likes of LeBron James.

The quotes are a symbol for James being a better teamate and leader than Kobe.
For already being a more mature player yet only being 24 years old.

We got on the topic of the Cavs the same way this thread turned into a Kobe bashing party. People seem to get a little sidetracked sometimes, don't you agree? It didn't mean anything either way and I can't remember ever acting as if it did. I said the Lakers won the game at the end of the day and that's really all that matters. All these predictions about what a player will or will not do is moot at the end of the game. Remember, as you were quoting Lebron James, it's a team game.
The predictions mean absolutely nothing, your right. That doesn't mean they weren't
right though. Your first post was about my prediction, saying it was wrong then
claiming we will see how well the rest of them turn out. (BTW they did a decent
job on him tonight, as well).

I think the Lakers will win the next two games, but that doesn't I still can't be
right about Kobe having a slightly difficult time against Battier and Ron Ron.

I called you a bandwagon fan. That's what you are and I don't see the problem with that. Do you? You're obviously fine with it. You've only been watching basketball since 04 or 05 anyway, so what does it really matter?

No, I'm not insulting you. I don't know why you'd take it as such. I'm purely stating the facts. You've admitted in several threads in the past that you weren't much of a basketball fan until LBJ came into the league. Didn't you also say half your family were Sacramento Kings fans or something when they were a good team and now don't really follow the sport? See, I'm just more or less restating what you said yourself, if its such an insulting gesture to admit you're on a bandwagon because of one player, don't.. admit such things?

A bandwagon fan likes a team because of their performance. How Cleveland does
means nothing to me, I like to watch LeBron play. Bandwagon isn't the right term
in this situatioin.

I would like to know where you found out that I only started watching basketball
in 05. I watched Michael Jordan win Championships, I think that was before 05.

Your facts aren't anywhere close to true, so maybe thats why the come off as insults?
Dad and Granpda Kings fans while they were in KC.
Bulls fans with MJ.
Once he retired, they quit paying much attention, I however did not. Didn't root
for any specific team but more for Garnett and Iverson. Since LeBron has been
drafted I have been a James fan, and he happens to play on the Cavs.

Spyder
05-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Okay GridironChamp, I said the predictions you made about Kobe wouldn't matter much if the Lakers continued winning games, as that's all I'm really concerned about. We didn't win today and Artest/Battier did do a good job.

I still believe we'll wrap this series up in 6 and that's all I'm worried about.

armedequation
05-12-2009, 04:42 PM
Gotta love the Lakers embarrassing themselves.

Why is there even a Laker thread here. Stupid.

Go Nuggs!!!!

Dirk and the rest of the Mavs better stay home.......you cant beat us

yeah the lakers played like crap last game but theres plenty of other threads for you to troll around in. Just because im a bronco fan and live in colorado doesnt mean i HAVE to cheer for the nuggets which i do when my fav team isnt playing.

PS having a cocky attitude doesnt make the nuggets any better. You should be humble in the fact that they are past the first still playing very well, other than that be thankful they are where they are

licence_to_kill
05-12-2009, 09:14 PM
Those were rough quotes of what Kobe and LeBron both said after the first half
of their game 3's. (Friday then last night).

Don't backpedal too fast now.

armedequation
05-12-2009, 09:49 PM
id like to see ANYONE come in here and talk trash about the lakers after tonights game. This is what they are capable of when they play up to their potential.

MileHighStud
05-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Yep! Lakers SMOKED 'EM!!!

Maharishineo
05-12-2009, 10:18 PM
id like to see ANYONE come in here and talk trash about the lakers after tonights game. This is what they are capable of when they play up to their potential.

That's the problem, isn't it? They're not always playing up to their best. We all know what they're capable of. Through this series it has become apparent to me that they lack the mental toughness in order to pull through and win the championship. I'll put the ball in Chauncey's or LeBron's hands and say the Nuggets or Cavaliers will knock them off.

Oh. And don't get too ahead of yourself, the Rockets are without McGrady and Yao---this is what they're supposed to be doing.

'Trash' talked. :)

licence_to_kill
05-12-2009, 10:25 PM
That's the problem, isn't it? They're not always playing up to their best. We all know what they're capable of. Through this series it has become apparent to me that they lack the mental toughness in order to pull through and win the championship. I'll put the ball in Chauncey's or LeBron's hands and say the Nuggets or Cavaliers will knock them off.

Oh. And don't get too ahead of yourself, the Rockets are without McGrady and Yao---this is what they're supposed to be doing.

'Trash' talked. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

GridironChamp
05-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Don't backpedal too fast now.

So you agree then?

Atwnbroncfan
05-13-2009, 08:47 PM
Lakers fans i would like to apologize to all of you guys first for all the nuggs fans who gonna come here and talk ****. Even tho we have the most pathetic history in the nba and havent been as good as the Lakers all year. I apologize for all the bandwagon fans who gonna come over to this thread and talk ****.

But good luck when you wrap up. :salute!:

Spyder
05-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Lakers fans i would like to apologize to all of you guys first for all the nuggs fans who gonna come here and talk ****. Even tho we have the most pathetic history in the nba and havent been as good as the Lakers all year. I apologize for all the bandwagon fans who gonna come over to this thread and talk ****.

But good luck when you wrap up. :salute!:

It's going to be a long and fun series.

I can't wait.

licence_to_kill
05-13-2009, 09:22 PM
Does anybody else notice how the they only light up the court at Staples?

I've always liked that. It reflects the whole "Show Time" mentality thats always been a part of the Lakers.

Bronco_Armada
05-13-2009, 10:16 PM
If it does end up Nuggs vs Lakers I am thinking Lakers in 5 maybe 6.

When games come down to the wire Lakers have Kobe as a finisher, Nuggs do not have that "x" factor.

Lakers "paint crew" is better than the Nuggs which I always felt where championships are made.

Nuggs could change that around if they can get the big guys in foul trouble but doubt it.

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
05-13-2009, 11:26 PM
If it does end up Nuggs vs Lakers I am thinking Lakers in 5 maybe 6.

When games come down to the wire Lakers have Kobe as a finisher, Nuggs do not have that "x" factor.

Lakers "paint crew" is better than the Nuggs which I always felt where championships are made.

Nuggs could change that around if they can get the big guys in foul trouble but doubt it.

:laugh: @ Nuggs do not have that X Factor.

Your Boy Melo is 14-28 in the last 5 years on the GW Shot.

Kobe is 14-56 however.

Melo is that X Factor. :rockon:

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
05-13-2009, 11:44 PM
doesnt matter since the both the lakers and nuggets suck.

the wizards are winning it all

Spice 1
05-14-2009, 09:42 AM
Watching Denver, there are 2 glaring things you have to do defensively in order to slow them down. I don't see LA doing either consistently. The Lakers are going to have to outscore the Nuggets too. The problem is, the Nuggets can defend the paint. LA better hurry up and get rid of Houston.

GridironChamp
05-14-2009, 01:19 PM

Kobe is 14-56 however.

That doesn't matter when Kobe scores 16 in the 4th quarter and hold Melo to

Max Power
05-14-2009, 02:43 PM
doesnt matter since the both the lakers and nuggets suck.

the wizards are winning it all

If by winning it all you mean winning the draft lottery, then yeah, possibly. But Saunders can flip that team around, he's a good coach.

Bronco_Armada
05-14-2009, 03:17 PM

Kobe is 14-56 however.

Do you not know what reverse Karma is? Or what ever it is called... yeah I really don't know.

Go look up an old thread Pats vs Giants

I'm only rooting for the lakers because if I do they will lose.

If I cheer for them to loose they will win.

But I will say Kobe is better than Melo but I like Melo a zillion-trillion times more :peace: :laugh:

Max Power
05-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Lakers will beat the Nuggets, not only because they're better, but because the NBA wants Kobe vs. LeBron in the finals, so the Lakers will get the benefit of the doubt on most calls that could go either way in this series.

CoryWinget81
05-14-2009, 03:36 PM
That doesn't matter when Kobe scores 16 in the 4th quarter and hold Melo to

I don't think anyone on the Lakers will be holding Melo to 4 points in the 4th...

...unless he's on the bench because the Nuggets are blowing them out.

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
05-14-2009, 03:38 PM
Do you not know what reverse Karma is? Or what ever it is called... yeah I really don't know.

Go look up an old thread Pats vs Giants

I'm only rooting for the lakers because if I do they will lose.

If I cheer for them to loose they will win.

But I will say Kobe is better than Melo but I like Melo a zillion-trillion times more :peace: :laugh:

:laugh: I do the same thing. I've been thinking the Hornets and Mavs would win. Even when the Nugs were up 3-0. I was still scared the Mavs would win.
Keep doing your reverse Mojo. :smug:

GridironChamp
05-14-2009, 04:54 PM
I don't think anyone on the Lakers will be holding Melo to 4 points in the 4th...

...unless he's on the bench because the Nuggets are blowing them out.

Well there is a reason that Kobe is considered one of the best defenders in the
league...

CoryWinget81
05-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Well there is a reason that Kobe is considered one of the best defenders in the
league...

Yeah there is, he gets away with murder.

GridironChamp
05-14-2009, 04:56 PM

So, he will murder Melo then.

I'm glad we are on the same page? :confused:

Max Power
05-14-2009, 04:59 PM

Kobe might not be guarding Melo that much, Trevor Ariza will probably be guarding Melo more often than Kobe will.

GridironChamp
05-14-2009, 05:12 PM
Kobe might not be guarding Melo that much, Trevor Ariza will probably be guarding Melo more often than Kobe will.

To start a game he will, but in the 4th quarter the Lakers will put whoever is the
best defender on him, and that will be Kobe. I actually think Ariza will see the
bench late in games when Denver has in Billups and JR Smith. I think Farmar and
Fisher will be the guards and Kobe will slide to SF to take Melo, but we'll see.

Max Power
05-14-2009, 05:28 PM
just popping in again to say GO ROCKETS! Here's to a big game from Aaron Brooks and an off night for Kobe. :beer:

CoryWinget81
05-14-2009, 05:45 PM

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/unknown_exception/gaf/fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg?t=1242348311

Max Power
05-14-2009, 06:00 PM
To start a game he will, but in the 4th quarter the Lakers will put whoever is the
best defender on him, and that will be Kobe. I actually think Ariza will see the
bench late in games when Denver has in Billups and JR Smith. I think Farmar and
Fisher will be the guards and Kobe will slide to SF to take Melo, but we'll see.

In last year's series, Kobe guarded JR Smith when he came off the bench, which worked well for them. Smith is probably Denver's most explosive athlete driving the ball and he can also hit the 3, but Kobe has the speed and the length to match up. I would do that again if I was Phil Jackson. Kobe does not match up as well with Melo because Melo has a slight height advantage and can shoot over him easier.

Spice 1
05-14-2009, 06:54 PM
In last year's series, Kobe guarded JR Smith when he came off the bench, which worked well for them. Smith is probably Denver's most explosive athlete driving the ball and he can also hit the 3, but Kobe has the speed and the length to match up. I would do that again if I was Phil Jackson. Kobe does not match up as well with Melo because Melo has a slight height advantage and can shoot over him easier.

That's cool. WHO IS GOING TO GUARD BULLUPS?

Max Power
05-14-2009, 06:56 PM
That's cool. WHO IS GOING TO GUARD BULLUPS?

Derek Fisher mostly, that's a tough matchup for him.

Max Power
05-14-2009, 07:04 PM
Nice start for the Rockets

Max Power
05-14-2009, 07:09 PM
Scola is abusing the Lakers inside.

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
05-14-2009, 07:31 PM

He gets away with Rape also :laugh:

White Dragon
05-14-2009, 07:33 PM
He gets away with Rape also :laugh:

As much as I absolutely HATE Kobe, that woman was a money grubbing biotch and got what she was after, unfortunately... Doesn't make Kobe any better, cheating on his wife, WTH!

CoryWinget81
05-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Scola is beating Gasol like he stole something :laugh:

Good game so far, Lakers will close the gap though.

Wonder how Kobe likes the phanton T being on him for once??

CoryWinget81
05-14-2009, 08:05 PM
The game announcers are about to literally crap themselves. Kobe gets a T and they think the ref's are handing the game to the Rockets on a silver platter :laugh:

It REALLY cracked me up that they talked about it for 4 minutes straight, but no one had anything to say about all of the other crap Kobe did that never got called, hilarious. :laugh:

If they can't keep their hard-on for Kobe in their pants, they don't need to be calling a national game.

armedequation
05-14-2009, 08:05 PM
i am pissed right now. Too many outside shots especially when your have a hard time sinking anything. Odom hurt and all was the only inside man who played with enthusiam. Im not giving bynum a pass even though i think he rush back too soon.

Keep farmar in.....

i do agree the gap will close

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-14-2009, 08:08 PM
Derek Fisher mostly, that's a tough matchup for him.

Don't be surprised if you see Kobe matched up on him on a fair amount of Denver's offensive sets. Billups is too strong for the Laker's to man up on him with their point guards.

Atleast that's what I would assume since he spent a fair amount of time guarding him when he played in Detroit. He does a good job on Billups, but it might limit his offensive productivity.

licence_to_kill
05-14-2009, 08:54 PM
Fisher has been absolutely useless this postseason.

Atwnbroncfan
05-14-2009, 09:02 PM
Ive seen enough in the 2nd half that even if the rockets hang on tonight they will be absolutely raped on sunday by the lakers.

VenomousDB
05-14-2009, 09:33 PM
Ive seen enough in the 2nd half that even if the rockets hang on tonight they will be absolutely raped on sunday by the lakers.

I dont think theres any reason to believe that. The series is tied 3-3 and both teams have been very inconsistent. Anything can happen in game 7.

The announcer made me laugh just now though. Hes super butt hurt about how the Lakers have played and he just said hes done picking the Lakers and hes picking the Nuggets to go to the finals now. :D

licence_to_kill
05-14-2009, 09:33 PM
I swear, even when LA plays great defense Houston gets bailed out by some miracle jumpshot.

CoryWinget81
05-14-2009, 09:34 PM
I swear, even when LA plays great defense Houston gets bailed out by some miracle jumpshot.

Miracle jumpshot??? Lake Show didn't lead for one second in the game, and got beat by 15...

Maybe you meant jumpSHOTS??

licence_to_kill
05-14-2009, 09:36 PM
Miracle jumpshot??? Lake Show didn't lead for one second in the game, and got beat by 15...

Maybe you meant jumpSHOTS??

Thats what I...

MEANT!!

Southstander
05-14-2009, 09:39 PM

If a team loses by 15 how is that great Defense?

licence_to_kill
05-14-2009, 09:44 PM
If a team loses by 15 how is that great Defense?

The Lakers defense wan't bad, it was their offense.

Southstander
05-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Once again if you are a GREAT defence, you can't get beat by 15.

CoryWinget81
05-14-2009, 09:50 PM

Your Charger logic is showing :laugh:

Atwnbroncfan
05-14-2009, 09:52 PM

You guys need to be scared, Kobe turning into old Kobe, not trusting his team and being a ball hog.

I aint trying to talk trash, but just seemed that way. And if kobe fires 30 + shots ur screwed

-Scar-
05-14-2009, 09:57 PM
If We Get Knocked Out The Playoffs, We More Than Deserved It....

Bronco_Armada
05-14-2009, 11:36 PM
one of the best images from the game

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/9776/artest.jpg

Legendary30
05-15-2009, 06:29 AM
No Yao? No McGrady? No Problem. :laugh:

Spice 1
05-15-2009, 09:12 AM
The game announcers are about to literally crap themselves. Kobe gets a T and they think the ref's are handing the game to the Rockets on a silver platter :laugh:

The announcer made me laugh just now though. Hes super butt hurt about how the Lakers have played and he just said hes done picking the Lakers and hes picking the Nuggets to go to the finals now. :D

http://hoopedia.nba.com/images/thumb/a/a6/Jackson1.jpg/265px-Jackson1.jpg
Mark Jackson

broncofan2415
05-15-2009, 09:35 AM
Nuggets Baby!!!!

licence_to_kill
05-15-2009, 12:11 PM
Once again if you are a GREAT defence, you can't get beat by 15.

ok? I don't know why you posted that. I never said the Lakers have an overall "GREAT defence." I was saying that even when the Lakers play a good defensive series Houston was still knocking down shots.

Your Charger logic is showing :laugh:

Nice.

Instead of posting something of relevance and value you just insult me. But hey, its not like you have anything useful to contribute anyways.

CoryWinget81
05-15-2009, 12:15 PM
Nice.

Instead of posting something of relevance and value you just insult me. But hey, its not like you have anything useful to contribute anyways.

I thought maybe you embraced the Charger Logic...lol guess not. :laugh:

licence_to_kill
05-15-2009, 12:27 PM
I thought maybe you embraced the Charger Logic...lol guess not. :laugh:

Im just bitter that the Lakers are the same soft team from last season.

CoryWinget81
05-15-2009, 12:44 PM
Im just bitter that the Lakers are the same soft team from last season.

I feel you dog. Felt that way for about 10 years now. :laugh:

GridironChamp
05-15-2009, 01:35 PM

For most of the game I expect to see Kobe on JR or someone not as foul-able as
Melo... But in the 4th I would expect to see him on Melo. I agree, I think Melo could
post him up and shoot over him, but Kobe has success against LeBron who is
more physical and larger than Melo.

-Scar-
05-15-2009, 01:40 PM
At This Point...If We get Bounced Out By The Rox...I Wouldnt Be Surprised Or Care....We Are Playing Way Too Soft...

GridironChamp
05-15-2009, 02:59 PM
At This Point...If We get Bounced Out By The Rox...I Wouldnt Be Surprised Or Care....We Are Playing Way Too Soft...

It doesn't matter how soft you are, if your clearly the more talented team you will
not lose at home in a game 7. I think everyone agrees LA is more talented, they
just aren't playing the right style against the Rockets. They need to push the
Rockets into running, even if that means giving up some easy lay-ups, if they
can get the Rockets to run the Lakers can win easily. They are trying to prove
their toughness by playing a half court game, and it's not how you play Houston.

Especially when your guards can't keep up with theirs.

armedequation
05-15-2009, 05:50 PM
its not that farmar cant guard brooks. Its the help D on the high pick n rolls that really take a toll on our guards.

Shot selection at the beginning of the game ticked me off. Ariza is the only one that consistantly goes to the hoop and usually draws a foul. In game 5 they were cutting and slashing the lane, which you hardly saw in last nights game. Kobe needs to stop taking so many off balance outside shots when he should be driving to the basket.

I thought phil should have played farmar more to start the game then he did. I love fish but this should be his last year....at least starting that is.

gasol needs to be more aggresive towards shots on the defensive side. Bynum has been hesistant and Im wondering if he still isnt healthy.

Its pretty frustrating as a fan when you know your team should have gone 4-1 or 4-2 and its game 7.

licence_to_kill
05-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Odoms post defense has been horrendous.

CodyRoark
05-17-2009, 02:52 PM
Congrats Lakers! You guys win!

Can't Wait for the Nuggets/Lakers series... Hopefully it isn't a blowout for any side and it's competitive.

GridironChamp
05-17-2009, 04:30 PM
Congrats Lakers! You guys win!

Can't Wait for the Nuggets/Lakers series... Hopefully it isn't a blowout for any side and it's competitive.

It should be...

I don't see any unbelievabley lopsided matchups at any position... Billups clearly
has the edge both offensively and defensively at point but Kobe clearly does at
the other guard spot.

Nene has been a beast this year, and could give Pau trouble with physical play.

Yet Odom is a lot like Scola only twice as athletic.

It's give in take down the whole rosters, but with the way Bynum has played the
bench edge might go to the Nugs.

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
05-17-2009, 09:48 PM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f83/mattstocking/kobepredator.jpg

:dance:

Spyder
05-19-2009, 08:57 PM
Great win.

We played a bit sloppy in the 1st Q and a lot of that looked like fatigue.

Nonetheless we got the job done when it counted.

MileHighStud
05-19-2009, 09:59 PM
Yep, Lakers could have played much better ball. Nevertheless, they took care of business!! They did for a little while make the Nuggets look better than they are though.

rst08tierney
05-20-2009, 08:06 AM
Not a bad 5 on 8 victory for the Lakers

HuskerBronco7
05-20-2009, 08:14 AM
Good game last night guys....This is going to be a great series...

Good luck the rest of the way...your gonna need it :D

:go:

Loyal2Royal
05-20-2009, 09:09 AM
Not a bad 5 on 8 victory for the Lakers

Exactly the refs in last night's game were awful, they did everything in their power to help the Denver Thuggets, to bad they couldn't make their free throws....ha.

CoryWinget81
05-20-2009, 09:30 AM
Exactly the refs in last night's game were awful, they did everything in their power to help the Denver Thuggets, to bad they couldn't make their free throws....ha.

The officiating was amazing. The game was called both ways.

Kobe got away with alot of elbows and shoulders, and his defenders grabbed some phantom calls as well, but so did the Nuggets.

rst08tierney
05-20-2009, 10:26 AM
The officiating was amazing. The game was called both ways.

Kobe got away with alot of elbows and shoulders, and his defenders grabbed some phantom calls as well, but so did the Nuggets.

I still think it was a horrible officiated game. Lakers got zero calls until the last 5 mins of the 4th where it looked like the refs tried to make up for the entire game. Game needs to be called down the middle ALL GAME.

CoryWinget81
05-20-2009, 11:34 AM
I still think it was a horrible officiated game. Lakers got zero calls until the last 5 mins of the 4th where it looked like the refs tried to make up for the entire game. Game needs to be called down the middle ALL GAME.

I will agree with you about the last 5 minutes. 6 fouls on the Nuggets to 1 on the Lakers in the last five minutes of the game.

Spyder
05-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Can no one OTHER than Kobe be counted on? ***?! Seriously, everyone else vanished in the last 5 minutes and can do NOTHING but stand around and look like idiots.

Coldbrew
05-21-2009, 09:01 PM
Gasol started out so amazing, you need to give him credit... as far as the end. You can't expect others to make much of anything when you're gameplan is get the ball in Kobe's hands and make shots.

CoryWinget81
05-21-2009, 09:04 PM
Great series so far. I think the game was called bad, but even...if that makes sense.

Back to Denver!

Atwnbroncfan
05-21-2009, 09:15 PM

Um...Nuggs got 2 more fouls than Lakers did, thats pretty even. Im sorrry that you didnt get the call when kobe got breathed on, but seriously dude, blaming the refs just stupid. If you just woulda finished the 2nd with out letting us back in you woulda blown us out of the building in the 2nd half

CoryWinget81
05-21-2009, 09:17 PM
Um...Nuggs got 2 more fouls than Lakers did, thats pretty even. Im sorrry that you didnt get the call when kobe got breathed on, but seriously dude, blaming the refs just stupid. If you just woulda finished the 2nd with out letting us back in you woulda blown us out of the building in the 2nd half

Agree with this.

Lakers had us on our heels, backing us out of the building, and then they let up.

Good for us, I guess!

Coldbrew
05-21-2009, 10:28 PM

You're quoting a post that was posted yesterday, do you think he's talking about tonights game? lol...

Atwnbroncfan
05-21-2009, 10:41 PM
You're quoting a post that was posted yesterday, do you think he's talking about tonights game? lol...

Yea i just noticed that lol o well, most lakers are blaming refs on this game anyways so the post is still some what relevant lol

MileHighStud
05-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Wow that was a close one. Yeah I agree totally on the refs missing some calls. Now the Lakers have got to go win one over there!! Hopefully both of em.

rst08tierney
05-22-2009, 08:49 AM
Yea i just noticed that lol o well, most lakers are blaming refs on this game anyways so the post is still some what relevant lol

Yep....he's right

Talk to me about the tip and the kick ball? Those two plays were game changers for the Nuggets.

Do Nugget fans think Pau is Charmin soft like I do? What a let down. Its off to Denver. If you guys win both games its all over.

In the LA Times Kobe promised a win in the Mile High City but he needs to under stand other people need to show up and contribute for that to happen. I just hope Nugget fans understand the "Lakers" we have known all season have not showed up yet in this series. This could change if the bench shows some effort and Fisher stays off the court.

I am happy that both the Rockets and the Nuggets have exposed Fisher for what he has become. Old,slow and a major liability on the defensive end of the court.

CoryWinget81
05-22-2009, 10:48 AM
Yep....he's right

Talk to me about the tip and the kick ball? Those two plays were game changers for the Nuggets.

Do Nugget fans think Pau is Charmin soft like I do? What a let down. Its off to Denver. If you guys win both games its all over.

In the LA Times Kobe promised a win in the Mile High City but he needs to under stand other people need to show up and contribute for that to happen. I just hope Nugget fans understand the "Lakers" we have known all season have not showed up yet in this series. This could change if the bench shows some effort and Fisher stays off the court.

I am happy that both the Rockets and the Nuggets have exposed Fisher for what he has become. Old,slow and a major liability on the defensive end of the court.

I was screaming last night, "COME ON NENE! YOU ARE LETTING THE SOFTEST CENTER/FORWARD IN THE NBA TAKE YOU TO THE RACK! GET TOUGH MAN, GOD @#@$!^!!!"

Spyder
05-22-2009, 11:27 AM
Yep....he's right

Gasol is soft and lazy. Everyone kept talking about how we stole him and yet it has brought us absolutely nothing to this point. He missed three key FTs last night. What a major, major let down. I'm not giving up, it's still only 1-1, but someone is going to have to realize Kobe isn't the only one on this team. Someone needs to start knocking down shots.

I read that guarantee by Kobe and it makes me wonder if this team is starting to question themselves. I know he may feel we can win a game there, but its always as if the city and papers are already writing us off. I don't know, it's weird, I don't feel so good about this series, Denver is beastly at home and the home crowd is surely to make a major difference, that's usually when Birdman and JR Smith play their best. We gotta win atleast one, no doubt about it now.

Fisher.. man what can I say, I thought Utah did a decent job exposing him, Houston and Denver have only added insult to injury.

CoryWinget81
05-22-2009, 11:30 AM
Gasol is soft and lazy. Everyone kept talking about how we stole him and yet it has brought us absolutely nothing to this point. He missed three key FTs last night. What a major, major let down. I'm not giving up, it's still only 1-1, but someone is going to have to realize Kobe isn't the only one on this team. Someone needs to start knocking down shots.

I read that guarantee by Kobe and it makes me wonder if this team is starting to question themselves. I know he may feel we can win a game there, but its always as if the city and papers are already writing us off. I don't know, it's weird, I don't feel so good about this series, Denver is beastly at home and the home crowd is surely to make a major difference, that's usually when Birdman and JR Smith play their best. We gotta win atleast one, no doubt about it now.

Fisher.. man what can I say, I thought Utah did a decent job exposing him, Houston and Denver have only added insult to injury.

The major problem I have with Gasol is that everytime someone breathes on him, and he doesn't get a call, he whines for the next 3-4 minutes. Someone get that baby a pacifier, sheesh.

Poor Fish. I don't see him being a Laker much longer.

Coldbrew
05-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Gasol is soft and lazy. Everyone kept talking about how we stole him and yet it has brought us absolutely nothing to this point.

I have to disagree with you on this one. Do you realize how important this guy has been to your offensive/defensive rebounding? 17 total rebounds, 5 of which were offensive that he kept the drive going this game alone. Pau has dominated the boards against us for the most part.

DawgFanatic
05-22-2009, 11:53 AM
Pau Gasol in the Regular season= All-Star (even though he isn't)

Pau Gasol in the Playoffs= Some guy who gets in the way

licence_to_kill
05-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Its painful watching fish try to finish at the basket.

Legendary30
05-22-2009, 12:45 PM
Its painful watching fish try to finish at the basket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssfZv4Hhs8g

Spyder
05-22-2009, 12:48 PM
I have to disagree with you on this one. Do you realize how important this guy has been to your offensive/defensive rebounding? 17 total rebounds, 5 of which were offensive that he kept the drive going this game alone. Pau has dominated the boards against us for the most part.

I mean it has brought us nothing as of yet in terms of a Championship.
Gasol plays really well during the first half and then gradually fades away as the game goes along. He had a perfect chance last night and misses three extremely critical FTs when we needed them. He's a good player, I'm not saying that, he's just not a finisher and that's what we need if we hope to beat Denver. He didn't finish against Boston last year and struggled to do so on a consistent basis against Houston. He's already struggling to do that in this series.

rst08tierney
05-22-2009, 02:07 PM
I mean it has brought us nothing as of yet in terms of a Championship.
Gasol plays really well during the first half and then gradually fades away as the game goes along. He had a perfect chance last night and misses three extremely critical FTs when we needed them. He's a good player, I'm not saying that, he's just not a finisher and that's what we need if we hope to beat Denver. He didn't finish against Boston last year and struggled to do so on a consistent basis against Houston. He's already struggling to do that in this series.

What do you think of bringing Shaq back? We have the ammo to make a trade happen with the Suns. It would make the Lakers a much more physical team inside and re-open up the lanes for Kobe.

The three major issue the Lakers will have to deal with in the off season is:

Payroll (How to keep Ariza/Brown/Odem)

A true point guard who can score on a nightly bacis to relive pressure on Kobe

Finding a true power center who can clean up after Pau

and the possible 4th

Unloading Sasha and Luke and entertaining trades for Drew. What is Drews Value right now?I cant stand the lack of effort from these three after getting paid.

Sasha's foot work is HORRIBLE and he does not let a shot come to him in the triangle, he forces the issue when last year he waited for the kick out early in the year which helped him to 43% from the 3. Maybe its the ankle and he made too quick of a return like Farmar and developed poor mechanics from it? Who knows but he is 7 mill on the pay roll that CAN NOT contribute at all this year.

Bronco_Armada
05-22-2009, 02:47 PM
luke Walton is the man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvKwajwCqSg

Every team has to have the goofy white guy. Luke Walton is it. :laugh:

Legendary30
05-22-2009, 04:04 PM
luke Walton is the man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvKwajwCqSg

Every team has to have the goofy white guy. Luke Walton is it. :laugh:

Our white guys are actually cool this year! (Birdman and kleiza.) I think George Karl is the Nuggets dorky white guy. :laugh:

jc13
05-22-2009, 05:10 PM
wow to think denver can possibly have a 3 - 1 lead on this series

thats unexpected

im not a nugget fan im a sac fan

i call this series ending 4 - 2 Nuggets:logo:

MileHighStud
05-22-2009, 06:09 PM
wow to think denver can possibly have a 3 - 1 lead on this series

thats unexpected

im not a nugget fan im a sac fan

i call this series ending 4 - 2 Nuggets:logo:

I see this thing going the distance. LAKERS 4-3

Papa-pwn
05-22-2009, 06:32 PM
I see this thing going the distance. LAKERS 4-3

Lol riiiiiight :rolleyes: that's not a stretch at alllll

We win next game and the Lakers will quit.

And mark my words, we will win tomorrow, by A LOT. You all have seen what we do at home in the playoffs right? Exactly

the lakers will be downtrodden and lose big again in game 4

After 3 disheartening losses the Lakers will all but give up and Denver will take a 4th consecutive W.

Nugs in 5

licence_to_kill
05-22-2009, 07:10 PM
What do you think of bringing Shaq back? We have the ammo to make a trade happen with the Suns. It would make the Lakers a much more physical team inside and re-open up the lanes for Kobe.

and the possible 4th

Unloading Sasha and Luke and entertaining trades for Drew. What is Drews Value right now?I cant stand the lack of effort from these three after getting paid.

Sasha's foot work is HORRIBLE and he does not let a shot come to him in the triangle, he forces the issue when last year he waited for the kick out early in the year which helped him to 43% from the 3. Maybe its the ankle and he made too quick of a return like Farmar and developed poor mechanics from it? Who knows but he is 7 mill on the pay roll that CAN NOT contribute at all this year.

Bynum's value is huge. He's one of the top prospects in the league right now. The only thing holding him back is his unfortunate injury's. If he can stay healthy he has a real shot of becoming the best center in the league.

Atwnbroncfan
05-22-2009, 07:49 PM
Bynum's value is huge. He's one of the top prospects in the league right now. The only thing holding him back is his unfortunate injury's. If he can stay healthy he has a real shot of becoming the best center in the league.

Thats what they say bout Amare too.

Bronco_Armada
05-22-2009, 08:05 PM

And the universe is hostile, so impersonal

jc13
05-22-2009, 08:52 PM
Lol riiiiiight :rolleyes: that's not a stretch at alllll

We win next game and the Lakers will quit.

And mark my words, we will win tomorrow, by A LOT. You all have seen what we do at home in the playoffs right? Exactly

the lakers will be downtrodden and lose big again in game 4

After 3 disheartening losses the Lakers will all but give up and Denver will take a 4th consecutive W.

Nugs in 5

you swear

that way denver is playing right now doubt it
especially at home
it will be 3 - 1
then they loose in LA
then LA looses in denver
you know the drill
loosing that game last night was big you guys are now going to fall into a hole

Spice 1
05-23-2009, 06:58 AM
Pau Gasol in the Regular season= All-Star (even though he isn't)

Pau Gasol in the Playoffs= Some guy who gets in the way

Pau Gasol = Finesse Power Forward. There isn't another true PF outside of Duncan who can score with him. The primary thing that separates the two, is that Gasol doesn't play good one on one or help defense. We don't know how clutch he is, because he never gets the ball at the end of games.

Atwnbroncfan
05-23-2009, 07:52 AM
Pau Gasol = Finesse Power Forward. There isn't another true PF outside of Duncan who can score with him. The primary thing that separates the two, is that Gasol doesn't play good one on one or help defense. We don't know how clutch he is, because he never gets the ball at the end of games.

Uh......KG?

licence_to_kill
05-23-2009, 10:00 AM
Thats what they say bout Amare too.

And the universe is hostile, so impersonal

You don't have to take my word for it.

2007-08 season: Can you imagine how badly they'd be skewered if they'd gone ahead and traded him for Jason Kidd? Bynum was in the midst of a huge breakout year at just 20 years old before a knee injury ended his season after just 35 games; nonetheless, he was so good prior to being hurt that it seems nearly certain that he'll be one of the game's top centers within a couple years.

Pre-injury, Bynum was among the best centers in basketball in nearly every category, but the lead item is how accurate a shooter he was from close range. Bynum shot 62.6 percent overall and 64.3 percent on inside shots (see chart); both figures were good for second in the league. And thanks to his sweet touch and solid foul shooting, he led the league in true shooting percent age at a sizzling 65.9.
Best TS%, 2007-08
Player Team TS%
Andrew Bynum LAL 65.9
Amare Stoudemire Phx 65.6
Brent Barry SA 65.5
Josh Childress Atl 64.7
Erick Dampier GS 64.5
Source: NBA.com/hotspots. Min. 100 shots

In addition, he ranked in the top 10 at his position in both blocks per minute and rebound rate; and he was a good enough passer to finish 12th among centers in pure point rating. About the only quibble was his low usage rate, which is another way of saying that he probably needs to get the ball more.

Scouting report: Bynum is a huge center with soft hands and a nice touch around the basket, and that combo is a killer in the post. He likes to set up on the left block and shoot a short jump hook with his right hand, and with his size he's able to get deep position easily. What makes it even more devastating is that he's a skilled and willing passer out of double teams who should only get better with more experience against doubles.

As a defender, Bynum is great around the basket because of his size -- he can block shots, controls the defensive glass and is difficult to post up against, though one would like to see him throw his weight around a bit more. However, he struggles to defend the screen-and-roll and opponents typically seek to attack him that way.

But the biggest concern going forward is with his knee and general conditioning. Bynum is listed at 275 pounds and is almost certainly much heavier in real life; it would help both his game and his knee if he was able to shed some of that baby fat. As for the knee, it was supposed to be a minor injury at first but kept him out of action for half a year, though he's reportedly back to full strength heading into training camp.

2008-09 outlook: If Bynum is healthy and in shape watch out, because those appear to be the only two things that can keep him from becoming an All-Star center. He'll have to figure out how to share space down low with Pau Gasol and he may see fewer touches than a year ago, but his rare size-skill combination will inevitably make him a tantalizing option in half-court settings

d-bronx42
05-23-2009, 10:11 AM

David West...? Carlos Boozer...?

Spice 1
05-23-2009, 11:37 AM
Uh......KG?
4 years ago?

David West...? Carlos Boozer...?
I'll give you West, even though he doesn't really have a post game.

You guys didn't even mention the two obvious ones that I forgot. Amare Stoudemire and Chris Bosh.

Imagine if the Lakers ran their offense through Gasol more often? You have to admit a 7' guy who is proficient w/his back to the basket, or facing up 10 feet from the hoop is a pretty prolific scorer. He's not like Boozer, in that he's not going to go ice cold on occasion, or throw a drop step hook at the hoop every time he posts up.

Atwnbroncfan
05-23-2009, 11:41 AM
4 years ago?

I'll give you West, even though he doesn't really have a post game.

You guys didn't even mention the two obvious ones that I forgot. Amare Stoudemire and Chris Bosh.

Imagine if the Lakers ran their offense through Gasol more often? You have to admit a 7' guy who is proficient w/his back to the basket, or facing up 10 feet from the hoop is a pretty prolific scorer. He's not like Boozer, in that he's not going to go ice cold on occasion, or throw a drop step hook at the hoop every time he posts up.

If you think West is more of a true PF over KG then u are dumb. West isnt a true PF. He cant rebound. Its KG and Duncan, and the rest of the league. Only Bosh has a chance to get into that group.

Spice 1
05-23-2009, 11:44 AM
If you think West is more of a true PF over KG then u are dumb. West isnt a true PF. He cant rebound. Its KG and Duncan, and the rest of the league. Only Bosh has a chance to get into that group.

I didn't bring West into the convo homie. Explain to me why KG is a better scorer than Gasol right now.

Atwnbroncfan
05-23-2009, 11:56 AM
I didn't bring West into the convo homie. Explain to me why KG is a better scorer than Gasol right now.

But you still said he was. And KG, defends rebounds and has better post work than Gasol. Yes im a nuggs fan but i aint gonna be a homer and say nene is the best or what ever. Gasol is soft. Gasol is ok but isnt that great.

Spice 1
05-23-2009, 12:05 PM
But you still said he was. And KG, defends rebounds and has better post work than Gasol. Yes im a nuggs fan but i aint gonna be a homer and say nene is the best or what ever. Gasol is soft. Gasol is ok but isnt that great.
Actually, I was going to mention that West's tendencies ultimately hurt his team playing the 4. They only get away with him at the 4, when Chandler plays well. I won't deny you that KG is overall vastly better than Gasol. Based on KG's last few years, I think Gasol is a better at scoring the ball in transition or half court.

I'm a Cavs fan actually, but I respect game. Don't sell Nene short. When he's playing hard, he's an incredible player.

Spyder
05-23-2009, 01:08 PM

and the possible 4th

Shaq wouldn't be a bad option if he's willing to play about 20-25 minutes a game. He's already stated he'd like to come back for one last run before his career is over, it's just a matter if Kobe would be up for it. I don't see why he wouldn't be at this point, it's clearly his team regardless of who we bring in.

I was just thinking, letting Fisher go, what about Andre Miller? He's a FA, I believe and he's already been in LA before with the lesser of the two teams (haha) and is pretty capable of putting up points. He had a solid year in Philly but Iguodala can be inconsistent at times and I don't think Miller would have to worry so much about handling the entire team here. He'd be good for dishing out 7-9 ASSTs a game and putting up about 15 a night. That's someone we should look into for sure.

Sasha.. I don't know what to say about him. He's always been a spot up shooter and I agree, his footwork is terrible. It's really best right now to keep the ball out of his hands until he can find some kind of rhythm. Luke Walton, he can crawl under a bridge and never come out for all I care. He used to be solid depth but has pretty much fallen off the face of the earth.