PDA

View Full Version : Roger Goodell Fires Al Davis

Raiderfan76
12-18-2008, 07:36 AM
Roger Goodell Fires Al Davis; Oakland Raiders to Convince Him It's 1983 Again

Roger Goodell declared his disappointment with Al Davis and the Oakland Raiders after watching their annihilation at the hands of the New England Patriots. Immediately after the game, Goodell boarded a plane to Oakland to hand-deliver Davis' pink slip.

In a statement issued by the NFL, Goodell stated, “This league has a commitment to excellence that Al Davis and his football club no longer represent. The reputation he's developing for the Oakland Raiders is counterproductive to the things we're trying to do on an international level.

“We cannot take our sport worldwide when [Al Davis] is clearly committed to running his team into the ground. Therefore, effective immediately Al Davis is relieved of all Oakland Raiders activities.”

The decision came as a shock to NFL owners as many wondered if Goodell had the authority to make such a move.

An anonymous source inside league offices told reporters that Goodell is counting on Davis' senility to make sure the firing sticks. “[Goodell] knows he can't do that, but he's convinced that he can manipulate Al given his advanced age.”

One coach within the Raiders' organization actually praised Goodell's efforts, and applauded him for his stance. He believes the transition to a new owner will be smooth and met with minimal resistance.

They need a consistent coach that can manipulate Davis. Not until Davis is gone. Players don't want to go there anymore. His name is Justin Miller. vote to see results In fact, the coach said the organization is currently developing a new plan to phase Davis out slowly.

"He's going to be like a ghost in here," said the coach.

Davis will still be allowed to access his office—but his phone will be disconnected, and he won't be given any current information on the organization.

In fact, the Raiders will be implementing an entirely new division dedicated to convincing Davis that the year is still 1983—complete with wardrobe, newspapers, and classic television-programming provided courtesy of multiple historical societies in the Bay Area.

The Raiders are currently meeting with comedian Frank Caliendo to see if he can do a convincing Tom Flores impression as well.

Goodell was reached before boarding a plane to Detroit when he insisted that the decision was personal.

“I hate his track suits,” began Goodell. “But the most important thing is that the NFL not be viewed as a league of sadists...We don't like punishing our fans.”

When prompted for further explanation, Goodell took a page out of Davis' book and said, “I didn't think it was any one thing, it was a cumulative thing,” smirked the commissioner. “The pattern just disturbed me.”

Al Davis was unavailable for comment as he was busy listening to his new copy of Motley Crue's latest album, “Shout at the Devil.”

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/93270-roger-goodell-fires-al-davis-oakland-raiders-to-convince-him-its-1983-again

:D

jdubv724
12-18-2008, 08:31 AM
:laugh: I almost believed it was true for a second.

Raiderfan76
12-18-2008, 08:41 AM
:laugh: I almost believed it was true for a second.

I wish it was......... :cheers:

jdubv724
12-18-2008, 08:56 AM
I wish it was......... :cheers:

I was kinda 50-50 on the article until I read Roger Goodell's quote “I hate his track suits,” :laugh:

LordTrychon
12-18-2008, 09:32 AM
Goodell is clearly overstepping his bounds here.

I'm no fan of Al Davis... but I don't mind the Raiders stinking for a bit either.

Goodell is turning into a tyrant. The line needs to be drawn somewhere.

This is ridiculous.

:coffee:

Overtime
12-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Goodell is turning into a tyrant. The line needs to be drawn somewhere.

Nonsense. Goodell is doing what has needed to be done for a long long time, and that's put a stop to the antics of the crybaby players who are out of control, the ridiculously overpaid rookie contracts (Which need a cap).

Goodell is good for the NFL, and I think he and NBA Commish David Stern are doing wonderful things for setting the standards of the code of conduct for professional sports.

now if only we could Bud Selig to conform and follow suit, there might be hope for Professional Sports.

war Roger "The Warden" Goodell continuing his crackdown on NFL punks! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

-Rod-
12-18-2008, 03:01 PM
Goodell should fire himself.

Overtime
12-18-2008, 03:29 PM
Goodell should fire himself.

why because he actually makes the players accountable for their actions? because he is setting a standard for acceptable behavior, and won't tolerate the players antics anymore?

he should be given a raise and a Boy Scout merit badge, it's high time someone stood up to these overpaid pretty boys who think they can just do whatever the hell it is they want without consequence.

LordTrychon
12-18-2008, 03:50 PM
Nonsense. Goodell is doing what has needed to be done for a long long time, and that's put a stop to the antics of the crybaby players who are out of control, the ridiculously overpaid rookie contracts (Which need a cap).

Goodell is good for the NFL, and I think he and NBA Commish David Stern are doing wonderful things for setting the standards of the code of conduct for professional sports.

now if only we could Bud Selig to conform and follow suit, there might be hope for Professional Sports.

war Roger "The Warden" Goodell continuing his crackdown on NFL punks! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

The thread's farcical... as was my response.

why because he actually makes the players accountable for their actions? because he is setting a standard for acceptable behavior, and won't tolerate the players antics anymore?

he should be given a raise and a Boy Scout merit badge, it's high time someone stood up to these overpaid pretty boys who think they can just do whatever the hell it is they want without consequence.

Alcaeus15
12-18-2008, 05:57 PM

because he's making Football a wimp sport. Hits on people that you usually can't help and you get fined for it

roushmartin6
12-19-2008, 11:43 PM
I hope Al Davis is immortal. I love how the Raiders suck every year. Keep up the good work Al:salute!:

12-20-2008, 12:35 AM
1983? Man oh man, is Davis gonna be pissed when he sees who Denver got at QB...

BroncoManiac_69
12-20-2008, 01:41 AM
The thread's farcical... as was my response.

ROFLMAO!!

You had to explain that. :laugh:

Another reason why some people should be denied internet access. That goes for 97svtinkc too. ;)

RF76! Way to keep the sense of humor my friend. Not much else you can do is there? You're always welcomed here until you actually start winning. :D

saltybuggah
12-20-2008, 07:28 AM
like ive said before....

i know that AL already died years ago... before he died he had a secret meeting with raiders management and he is now apart of a

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTY4OTUzOTUwMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzM5OTgyMQ@@._ V1._SX100_SY136_.jpg
routine...

someone there is pulling his strings and AL will live on forever :salute!:

Raiderfan76
12-20-2008, 08:00 AM
ROFLMAO!!

RF76! Way to keep the sense of humor my friend. Not much else you can do is there? You're always welcomed here until you actually start winning. :D

I hope I'm not welcomed here next year..... :D

DrunkPanda
12-20-2008, 10:43 AM
you will be.... you will be...

ImpeachAlNow
12-31-2008, 11:39 AM
HA - I betcha Broncos fans will support an Anti-Raider / Anti-Al Davis movement... seems like the perfect thread...

impeachaldavis dot com

happy new year