PDA

View Full Version : Official Game Day Thread: Week 17 2008 Broncos vs Chargers

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Elway
12-27-2008, 08:57 PM
Official Game Day Thread: Broncos vs Chargers

Well here we are again, how the hell did it come to this? 3 game lead, and we can't seal the deal yet? Now the pieces have fell in place for the Dolts. A revenge game on their home turf. A win by us would be twice as sweet, becuase we would have swept them, knocked them from playoff contention and grab us out 4 seed.

Will that happen? Who knows? At this point everyone is writing our team off saying we were playing over our heads to begin with. So why not go out with a bang and instead of thinking we need to win for the playoffs, lets think we need to be spoilers for the Chargers making the playoffs. The effect is the same, the game mentality is different. You get less conservative and make take chances that could pay off. You get too conservative and you have the reason the Chiefs blew their game against the dolts in amazing fashion.

We know their is a rivalry here, and we dislike this team and many if not all of their annoying posters here. So lets hope for a Broncos Win and a week of peace and quiet and where we don;t have a bazillion repetitious threads stating the same thing over and over ad naseum (hint hint)

Win or lose let us hope for a good game with no injuries. We are doing better with our posters behavior, but some still needed a warning. We ask that ALL posters follow the COC and be respectful of the other posters here. If we have to we will ban repeat offenders. Having the profanity filter does not make it ok to post it, you can be banned for trying to use vulgarity, regardless of it it catches, because the INTENT was there.

IF YOU ARE COMMITING MULTIPLE COC VIOLATIONS, YOU WILL BE BANNED.
ESPECIALLY THIS WEEK!
If anyone has questions they can contact me or any of the other mods.

Go Broncos! Looking for 9-7: Lets do this thing finally!:fight:

hardcorebronco
12-27-2008, 08:59 PM
1st lol, hope we win! GO BRONCOS! :salute!:

cadencesdad
12-27-2008, 09:06 PM
Oh ya!!!!! Now I am really pumped. You know it's getting close when the "Official gameday" thread goes up.:rockon:

I just hope I'm not all rocked out by gametime.:laugh:

Skywalker
12-27-2008, 09:11 PM
I think I'm going to puke. :sick:

chilei
12-27-2008, 09:26 PM
Not game day yet, unless you are on the real East Coast of the USA (Alaska is actually east and west coast due to a couple islands), but what the hell is a half hour between friends?

Give 'em Hell Broncos! Give me a reason to throw that flag out another week!!!!!!!

Execute, Execute, Execute!!!!!

BroncosRockdaRockies
12-27-2008, 09:46 PM
First of all I promise to behave!:P I agree Elway if they play like they can spoil the Chargers chances then I think they will play more focused. There is alot to be excited about regardless what some might say. We are 4-3 on the road they are 4-3 at home.

Alot of new faces in this matchup so it will be whole different game in some ways but not all. I think our Defense is really going to be a factor. I think this will be the week where it is just an Explosion that has been waiting to happen. We got Bailey back, We have DJ back, Dre Bly playing good in Baileys abscense. All players healthy for the most part and playing is a great thing to be able to hear after all we have been through this year.

Although some of the same concerns still exist for this game as they have all year such as, turnovers have got to be nill, passes need to be completed, O-line will have to keep up the great work,Tackles have to be made instantaneously, and everyone needs to stay in their lanes and not overpursue,Jay needs to check down his recievers and not try to force it into double coverage, if it isn't there throw it away. Now I am just rambling on like I do every week but this is going to be the game that has a chance to show the rest of the world we are for real and the Chargers are who they are 2nd in the division like they have been all year!

They have a new Defensive Coordinator which could work to our advantage since he wasn't involved in the first game so all he has to go off of is game film so there will be things overlooked and we will make some plays. I am so pumped!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOOOOOOOOOS!!!!!!!!:salute!:

Shadow7ax
12-27-2008, 11:10 PM
I rather be in the underdog side than the favorite. I hope for a great game.

Even the earth is nervous, we just had an earthquake here in south CA.

Papa-pwn
12-28-2008, 12:54 AM
We're gonna piss pound 'em

Around 600yds total O

tightline
12-28-2008, 01:27 AM
Good luck Broncos. Don't be a disappointment again please.

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
12-28-2008, 01:59 AM
We should do an over/under of how many people get banned this week :laugh:

Do you think more people will get banned if we win? or if we lose though?
Probably if we lose people will cuss each other out :laugh:

oh well..... I gotta keep on praying. :salute:

Mr. Gold
12-28-2008, 04:40 AM
I am a Charger fan, but I wish you guys luck at wishing your team luck...

It should be a fun game, I hope.

I think we'll win, but I think it'll be great fun.

AZ Snake Fan
12-28-2008, 05:48 AM

--- GO BRONCOS !!! ---

--- STOMP the doltz !!! ---

Go Broncos !

First possession drive to the end zone shuts up Qualcom !

Jump Rhillip Pivers' telegraphs and return a few INTs !
Rattle him and he will implode !

Guard the ball, win the turnover battle.
Concentrate and focus. Hold down the unnecessary penalties.

Eat up the clock with 6-7 yd tosses and runs.
Try to keep the SD offense off the field as much as possible.

Spank 'em Broncos !!!

TheComeBackKid
12-28-2008, 05:51 AM
December 28th, 2008...A day which will live in infamy!

BiteMeDenver
12-28-2008, 06:46 AM
Gay Jay is going down ! Who is you back up QB ?

BroncoManiac_69
12-28-2008, 06:51 AM
Let's Do This! :rockon:

Broncofan1990
12-28-2008, 08:59 AM
Like every Sunday this season I will be decked out in my broncos gear.... but this Sunday I am not really seeing a win :sad:

tdnmecudawon3
12-28-2008, 09:01 AM
I'm excited to see what Boyd can do. Hopefully the line opens some big holes for our backs today.

elevation INC
12-28-2008, 09:11 AM
boyd, and the TE's will be the gamechangers tonight. tatum will run okay, but boyd will finally break one for us, just watch and see.....

hopefully they are smart enough to keep pounding the ball this game, run bell on tosses and sweeps, and use boyd up the gut. the chargers wont know what hit them. then use royal in Man and let cutler dump to his backs or use his TE's if they follow this gameplan and bates doesnt try to become a showoff and get fancy with dman bubble screens on 3rd and 2 all the time...we will win this game....

Boltheads
12-28-2008, 09:12 AM
Official Game Day Thread: Broncos vs Chargers

Well here we are again, how the hell did it come to this? 3 game lead, and we can't seal the deal yet?

I know that Broncos hate and/or won't admit this, but you're in this situation because of Culter. Looked at his performance over the last couple of games and you will see a QB that just makes too many CRUCIAL mistakes at the wrong time. Of course, there's never a good time for a turnover...but, Cutler seems to make a lot of bad decisions in the 4th quarter and in the Red Zone.

Here's to a great game without injuries!

elevation INC
12-28-2008, 09:20 AM
I know that Broncos hate and/or won't admit this, but you're in this situation because of Culter. Looked at his performance over the last couple of games and you will see a QB that just makes too many CRUCIAL mistakes at the wrong time. Of course, there's never a good time for a turnover...but, Cutler seems to make a lot of bad decisions in the 4th quarter and in the Red Zone.

Here's to a great game without injuries!

no we are here because of our defense just like you guys are. cutler made plays all year and mistakes. So did rivers. these teams are where they are because of the defensive ineptitude of both squads and there defensive gameplanning.......you guys made a change for the better possibly with rivera, we are still trying to figure out how we went from a untalented and horrible defense, to a more talented, but even more underperforming and bad defense.:confused:

Boltheads
12-28-2008, 09:26 AM
no we are here because of our defense just like you guys are. cutler made plays all year and mistakes. So did rivers. these teams are where they are because of the defensive ineptitude of both squads and there defensive gameplanning.......you guys made a change for the better possibly with rivera, we are still trying to figure out how we went from a untalented and horrible defense, to a more talented, but even more underperforming and bad defense.:confused:

I think the OP was refering to the "last 3 games" when he asked "how did we get here". So, my point was the Culter was the reason for the collapase. I understand that your D is horrible and you've caught a horrible break at RB. But, the team needed Jay to step in the last 3 or 4 weeks and he hasn't.

On the other hand, when the Chargers were all but out of it, Rivers has stepped up big time.

elevation INC
12-28-2008, 09:31 AM
I think the OP was refering to the "last 3 games" when he asked "how did we get here". So, my point was the Culter was the reason for the collapase. I understand that your D is horrible and you've caught a horrible break at RB. But, the team needed Jay to step in the last 3 or 4 weeks and he hasn't.

On the other hand, when the Chargers were all but out of it, Rivers has stepped up big time.

again it ws still the defense the last 3 games, cutler made some mistakes sure, but trying to win a game at the end is something rivers failed at at times this year as well. the point is had either of our teams defenses been respectable all season the load cutler and rivers were under wouldnt have been as bad. its no secret that when your defense improved so did the play of your team, and rivers. we havent had the luxury at any point except for maybe the atlanta and tampa games......and we might ned up paying for it.

cutler was asked to do to much this year and at times he rose above it and at times he didnt. he is a 2nd year qb asking him to do it all is just stupid, why not get a defense to help him out.

you guys fixed your defnese the last few games and your offense benefited we havent had that luxury...yet!

Boltheads
12-28-2008, 09:40 AM
again it ws still the defense the last 3 games, cutler made some mistakes sure, but trying to win a game at the end is something rivers failed at at times this year as well. the point is had either of our teams defenses been respectable all season the load cutler and rivers were under wouldnt have been as bad. its no secret that when your defense improved so did the play of your team, and rivers. we havent had the luxury at any point except for maybe the atlanta and tampa games......and we might ned up paying for it.

cutler was asked to do to much this year and at times he rose above it and at times he didnt. he is a 2nd year qb asking him to do it all is just stupid, why not get a defense to help him out.

you guys fixed your defnese the last few games and your offense benefited we havent had that luxury...yet!

Again, you're missing the point of the OP. This thead is about the Broncos collapase over the last couple of games....not the team's problems for the whole season. Cutler has only thrown 3 TDs and as many INTs in the last three games. That's just not going to get it done.

Also, this Cutler's third season. In fact, he only has 10 less starts then Rivers.

chazoe60
12-28-2008, 09:45 AM
Again, you're missing the point of the OP. This thead is about the Broncos collapase over the last couple of games....not the team's problems for the whole season. Cutler has only thrown 3 TDs and as many INTs in the last three games. That's just not going to get it done.

Also, this Cutler's third season. In fact, he only has 10 less starts then Rivers.

Take it to the smack forum troll.

And 10 less starts, but 2 more years of valuable experience.

Boltheads
12-28-2008, 09:55 AM
Take it to the smack forum troll.

And 10 less starts, but 2 more years of valuable experience.

Why should I take it to the Smack forum? I'm just trying to help the OP and others on this thread get to the heart of the question that was posted. Just trying to give an outside opinion using "facts"...not "smack".

If you can't handle that, maybe you should go hang out in the Orange Colored Glasses forum.

elevation INC
12-28-2008, 10:10 AM

wow okay stop being dense for crying out loud. this is a general thread not just a single topic thread, and the point is part of that reason for our coallpse is our piss poor defens that cant help cutler for crap.....if they hadnt allowed six consectuive scoring drives to the bills we wouldnt even be here thats less cutlers fault and more the defense. the same can be said about why you guys were where you were the first 13 games of the season......defense wins championships and both ours suck. the difference is yours decided to finally play at the right time, while ours hasnt played effectively as a whole all year. as a result cutler hasnt performed great and rivers has the last 2 games...this is a key factor in the difference between the 2 qb's the last few games.

there should be no excuse for either team as we shouldnt have had the collapse and you shoulnt have been 7-8 to begin with. but the big reason for this is less on the qb's that the defense

Boltheads
12-28-2008, 10:12 AM
wow okay stop being dense for crying out loud. this is a general thread not just a single topic thread

My bad....I'm in the wrong thread.

DenFanNPckrLand
12-28-2008, 10:14 AM
December 28th, 2008...A day which will live in infamy!

This is going to be like a 15 round heavyweight championship fight. Blood, sweat and tears, baby! May the team who leaves it all on the field win! GO BRONCOS!!!!!:salute!:

jongotti
12-28-2008, 11:01 AM
do you think we will go after chromartie (or how ever you spell his name) again

bronco30
12-28-2008, 11:02 AM
IMO its gunna take a near perfect game by the offense to win...no turnovers, td's in the red zone, very few penaltys, no drop passes n score 35 or more but thats askin alot...

defensively well hope and pray we get 2 or 3 stops n a turnover....ST's oh my when we kick n punt it just close your eyes n hopefully dont hear sproles breaks it yet again...

SuperCaliBronco
12-28-2008, 11:26 AM
I wish I didn't have to feel so nervous going into this game. Let's just hope that our Broncos bring their "A" game to the Q tonight.

BroncosRockdaRockies
12-28-2008, 11:43 AM
I wish I didn't have to feel so nervous going into this game. Let's just hope that our Broncos bring their "A" game to the Q tonight.

Don't be nervous there is nothing to be nervous about! San Diego is the same team they were in week 2 except they have a new defensive coordinator. They are a 7-8 team nothing more! If they were then they wouldv'e passed us somewhere along the way but the fact remains they choked when they were put in the spotlight to go all the way and where was Denver in those picks> No where and look where we are with all the RB on IR , Key defensive players out majority of the season.Bronco are going to show the world what is up tonight!!!!!!!!!! I SMELL A TRAP GAME GOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOOOOOOOOOOS! They will be calling us the Denver Upsetters hahahahahahahhahahahahaa:rockon::rockon::rockon::r ockon::rockon:

Boltheads
12-28-2008, 11:49 AM
Don't be nervous there is nothing to be nervous about! San Diego is the same team they were in week 2 except they have a new defensive coordinator. They are a 7-8 team nothing more! If they were then they wouldv'e passed us somewhere along the way but the fact remains they choked when they were put in the spotlight to go all the way and where was Denver in those picks> No where and look where we are with all the RB on IR , Key defensive players out majority of the season.Bronco are going to show the world what is up tonight!!!!!!!!!! I SMELL A TRAP GAME GOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOOOOOOOOOOS! They will be calling us the Denver Upsetters hahahahahahahhahahahahaa:rockon::rockon::rockon::r ockon::rockon:

WOW...there is so much wrong with this post, I don't even know where to start.

CrushCali
12-28-2008, 11:58 AM
As a native of Denver, I'd like to report to everyone at home from San Diego that this city is truly beautiful; however, their sports, and especially football, are veryyyy lame.

The fans are so jittery and unpredictable that they are mostly jilting their team all the time unless the chargers are winning, then yeah of course, the stadium is sold out, such as in today's game.
I have honestly never seen a lame crowd of fans than the one here in San Diego. Since my first day in the Marine Base here, and since observing the profound disparities in sports attitude between Denver and San Diego, I realized that Denver is the best sports turf the one can dream of.

I am going to the game today, proudly showing my orange JERSEY, and rooting against the 'bastards': the bolts.

Go Broncos!!!!

A true Broncos FAN!!!

stargazer
12-28-2008, 12:00 PM
I guess it's finally here. Win and the Broncos are in.

Before the season started I never expected Denver to be in this position to make the playoffs. Hope there's free football next week.:D

saltybuggah
12-28-2008, 01:29 PM
Man I'm tried and true orange and blue but I'm getting a really bad feeling about this. I know i should trust Elway Jr. with his powers but were going to have to chopblock all day long.

point proven your a chargers fan :rolleyes:

Boltheads
12-28-2008, 01:35 PM
Man I'm tried and true orange and blue but I'm getting a really bad feeling about this. I know i should trust Elway Jr. with his powers but were going to have to chopblock all day long.

Hey, do us all a favor....if you're a Charger fan, then post like one. Don't hide behind a Bronco ID and bash their team. It's childish and makes the rest of us Charger supporters look bad.

Babe
12-28-2008, 01:54 PM
i am channeling jay as we speak.....
what time is today's game........

saltybuggah
12-28-2008, 01:59 PM
i am channeling jay as we speak.....
what time is today's game........

its now the sunday night game 8:15 :salute!:

Andyy_47
12-28-2008, 02:18 PM
I'm so nervous I'm not watching it. Plus it starts at 1am in Britain and I'm in at work at 7am.

All I can say is this season has been alot of fun. Been on this board since week one of the season and enjoyed the talk on these boards (though the idiot charger fans really have given me a low opinion of them, and are often so stupid its infuriating.)

Thanks for the season! Long may it continue into february!

saltybuggah
12-28-2008, 02:35 PM
Arr i agree. Cutler in the boys will be swabbing the poop decks in feb. I've said it before and i'll say it again, me having bad feeling about this game maties :salute!:

arrrrrrrr yeah charger boy still trying to act as a bronco fan...

arrrr you can take your poop deck and the rest of your charger boys/girls n ship out

arrrrr

Elway
12-28-2008, 02:46 PM
Still have a few hours to go.

Anticipation is a pain in the arse. The Broncos have been relatively quiet, let's hope they are saving all their talking for on the field.

Babe
12-28-2008, 02:46 PM
thank you......

so i have approx 2 hours left......before game time....

time to pray........:coffee:

saltybuggah
12-28-2008, 02:49 PM
thank you......

so i have approx 2 hours left......before game time....

time to pray........:coffee:

uhhh unless where you live where time goes faster you have over 3 hours before game time ;)

chilei
12-28-2008, 02:49 PM
Denver is in a win and in situation, we have been pretty good with that, there is something to play for. Lets take it to them!

Babe
12-28-2008, 02:53 PM
i'm in arizona.....

it's 3pm here now.........

Boltheads
12-28-2008, 02:59 PM
Denver is in a win and in situation, we have been pretty good with that, there is something to play for. Lets take it to them!
The Broncos have been in a "win and your in" situation for the last two weeks. You call that "pretty good with that"? No. They CHOKED.

Tonights game won't be close after mid way through the 3rd Quarter.

Chargers = 34
Broncos = 17

CodyRoark
12-28-2008, 02:59 PM
Arrr I can count better than you and i am stupider than an eel :eek: Thee game starts at 6:00 and its 3:00, 3 plus 2 equals 5 :confused: Dont worry me lassy no one cares if you cant count here on the ship :salute!: Welcome aboard

Dude, Elway please ban this dude. And all of the negative bronco fans. Us true fans are tired of these idiots coming onto the site bashing our team. It is ridiculous and we are all tired of it. This guy I quoted is not a true Denver fan, he's already throwing in the towel. He's flaming our members for telling him that he's ridiculous and not a true fan.

Boltheads
12-28-2008, 03:08 PM
Dude, Elway please ban this dude. And all of the negative bronco fans. Us true fans are tired of these idiots coming onto the site bashing our team. It is ridiculous and we are all tired of it. This guy I quoted is not a true Denver fan, he's already throwing in the towel. He's flaming our members for telling him that he's ridiculous and not a true fan.

He is definitely not a Bronco fan. He is either Charger or Raider fan hiding behind a Bronco ID just to get fan in a frenzy.

Just ignore his posts and ship will sail off.

saltybuggah
12-28-2008, 03:11 PM
Arrr Cody when i'm watching the game with yerr mother later i'm telling on you arrr :salute!:

arrrrrrrrr the same lame joke in now two threads.......

arrrrrrrrr your ship is sinking fast and this is the best you got......

you must truely be a raider fan

DarrentCB27
12-28-2008, 03:30 PM
Nothing will make me turn the TV off. That would be as stupid as turning off a playoff game because this game practically is one. Even if we get blown out, I will still love my Broncos until the day I die.

Of course, I am very nervous about this game for several reasons. However, I am not "writing off" the Broncos like most "experts" are because there is a rule everyone knows about called "any given Sunday" and we are still a good team with the ability to win.

These are the reasons I am scared about tonight:

1. Selvin Young and Michael Pittman were our running backs in Week 2.
2. LT does not have a toe injury, so only our defense can limit his yards.
3. We needed an equipment malfunction to beat San Diego in Week 2.

I do not know if playing at night will affect us or not because Oakland is awful and New England is better than us, so the mixed results were to be expected. However, there is no proof kickoff time does not affect us to an extent. What are your thoughts about that idea?

My prediction: Whoever wins will earn it, not benefit from John Parry's whistle. The Broncos will be very fired up, especially Cutler, because of Matt Wilhelm's comments and the reminders of the Phillip Rivers/Jay Cutler rivalry. The winner will be the team that plays better on defense.

2 Minute Warning
12-28-2008, 03:57 PM
Arrrrr this is going to be a lonnnng day.:laugh::paper:

Papa-pwn
12-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Oh dear lord i'm so excited/nervous::

But seeing us start the 3rd ahead by 35 will ease my nerves

:salute: Heres to our first shutout of 09 :salute:

56-0

Babe
12-28-2008, 04:01 PM
LET'S GO BRONKS !!!!

WE WILL THIS GAME !!

Stay focused.

bronco30
12-28-2008, 04:03 PM
The Broncos have been in a "win and your in" situation for the last two weeks. You call that "pretty good with that"? No. They CHOKED.

Tonights game won't be close after mid way through the 3rd Quarter.

Chargers = 34
Broncos = 17

not often i agree w/ SD fan but we did choke the chicken...n im also afraid youll be right bout the score unless were near perfect on offense all night...

Babe
12-28-2008, 04:05 PM
((( hearty smiles ))
sorry, forgot the word WIN...
damn, i hope that isn't an omen.

I am puttin' a little ditty together for the game today.
Will post a poem shortly

Meanwhile, I am putting on my Jay Cutler jersey on (got it for Xmas)
and the bottoms to my NEW Bronco pajamas on..
I have the nerf footballs ready to throw.
I have the Bronco troll on top of the refrigerator.
I am drinking coffee out of my Bronco coffee cup.
If I get cold downstairs, I have my Bronco throw to cover me up with.

:coffee:

BiteMeDenver
12-28-2008, 04:12 PM
It will be loud that is for sure !

Tremendous45th
12-28-2008, 04:14 PM
here we go baby here we go!!!!!!!!!:salute!:

Babe
12-28-2008, 04:18 PM
i still must hang my bronco flag outside.

countdown to nervousness........:eek:

AtwaterHITS27
12-28-2008, 04:21 PM
Wearing my away Cutler jersey tonight. Here we go guys!

BTW, does anyone know what Spencer Larsen and AJ Pinnock's roles will be tonight?

Elway
12-28-2008, 04:24 PM
Well getting closer and closer.... time for nerves to get ramped up.

Let's hope the Broncos bounce back, and this time they are crackin' skulls!

BroncosRockdaRockies
12-28-2008, 04:27 PM
Well getting closer and closer.... time for nerves to get ramped up.

Let's hope the Broncos bounce back, and this time they are crackin' skulls!

Yes it is time to put in the Heaviest Rock CD I got into my player!!!!!!!

It's also nice to not see any streaming links today!:P

SwedeBronco
12-28-2008, 04:27 PM
Here's my take:

We have no chance of winning tonight for the following reasons.
1. The game is in SD.
2. Our Defense has not stopped anyone all year from week 1 to week 15.
3. The Chargers are arguablly one of the hottest teams in the NFL.
4. Counter we are one of the worst teams in the NFL the last few weeks.
5. LT and Sproles will run all over us, and none of our guys will be able to cover Gates.
6. We are down to 1 healthy RB and even he is a recycled guy who we already ditched.
7. Rivers is playing some of his best football ever.
8. We got "lucky" back in week 2.
9. Oh yeah, all we had to do was win one of our last 3 games and we were in.
10. Defensive Coordinator.

NOW WITH ALL THAT BEING SAID, WE HAVE ONE THING THOSE GUYS DON'T HAVE: THE ELEMENT OF SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO ONE OUTSIDE OF THE TEAM OR FAN BASE IS GIVING OUR BOYS ANY CHANCE OF WINNING!!!! THAT REASON AND THAT REASON ALONE WILL LEAD US TO VICTORY TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!:rockon::rockon::rockon:

AtwaterHITS27
12-28-2008, 04:28 PM
Oh dear lord i'm so excited/nervous::

But seeing us start the 3rd ahead by 35 will ease my nerves

:salute: Heres to our first shutout of 09 :salute:

56-0

Man, I'm going to limit myself from getting excited until the 3rd quarter. :)

gmjones2001
12-28-2008, 04:39 PM
I just want to see our boys HUNGRY for a win.

I want to see some urgency. I want to feel like they GET IT by watching how they play and how they're coached.

If I see that, win/lose/draw, I'll be happy.

If I see that we have a good shot at a win.

NOW LET'S KICK SOME BOLT BUTT!

elwayfan2k
12-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Its so wierd watching the afternoon games when they have nearly no effect on you at all. Im so nervouse its not even funny, ive got my Cutler jersey on, Champaigne in the fridge, and bean dip in the crock pot
Lets pull one out Broncos Win, Lose, or Tie....Broncos 4 life:salute!:

AtwaterHITS27
12-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Its so wierd watching the afternoon games when they have nearly no effect on you at all. Im so nervouse its not even funny, ive got my Cutler jersey on, Champaigne in the fridge, and bean dip in the crock pot
Lets pull one out Broncos Win, Lose, or Tie....Broncos 4 life:salute!:

Exactly. I watched We Are Marshall the other day and I started to think about our game. No matter what the score is at the end of the game, if our boys play with heart, I will have no complaints. What more can you ask for?

Babe
12-28-2008, 05:11 PM
In the beginning, God created football.
And the football was without form and void; and darkness was upon the face of the field.
And the Spirit of Competition moved upon the face of the artificial turf.
And God said, let there be a team, and there was a team.

And God saw the team, that it was good; and God divided the team into many teams within divisions.
And God called the team-Broncos, and the division-AFC West. And the evening and the morning was the first day.

And God said, Let there be a Divisional Playoff in the midst of all divisions, and let it divide the good from the best.
And God made the Divisional Playoff and divided the teams which were within the Playoff from the teams which were above the Playoffs; and it was so.
And God called the Divisional Playoffs- Championship Games. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

And God said, Let the teams under the Divisional Playoffs/Championship Games be gathered together unto one place, and let the turf appear; and it was so.
And God called the turf, field; and the gathering together of the teams called Divisional Champions; and God saw that it was good.
And God said, Let the field bring forth competition, readiness, focus, and lots of guys yielding skills , and the winner yielding Championship Titles after this kind; whose title is in itself, upon the field; and it was so.
And the field brought forth title games, and titles yielding seed after their kind, and the title yielding wins, whose win was in itself, after its kind, and God saw that it was good.
And the evening and the morning were the third day.
And God said, Let there be lights upon the field and turf so everyone could see.
And let the Broncos be the signs, and for seasons and years.
And God set the Broncos on the field to give light to all the world.
And to win the game.

Andyy_47
12-28-2008, 05:16 PM
Almost every real underdog team won today, lets hope it continues! :fight:

NobleBroncofan
12-28-2008, 05:17 PM
I think I'm going to puke. :sick:

HEY there, fellow Montana fan!! Reynolds had quite the year!!

I feel your pain...GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!! :fight::fight::fight:

codbra
12-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Can't wait to see us win this game. We will be ready, San Diego already thinks they are in. The entire nation thinks they are in, it is time to upset some Charger Fans!:rockon:

jhildebrand
12-28-2008, 05:21 PM
Oakland went into TB and spanked em today. I hope the coaching staff highlighted that (even though we lost to OAK :eek:)

Play mistake free football, stop the run, and get pressure on Rivers will result in a win and a trip to the playoffs!

GO BRONCOS! :salute!:

PS: I would be happy if Marshall has Cromartie calling himself straight trash again.

PPS: A tie would work to :laugh:

codbra
12-28-2008, 05:26 PM
We shouldn't be hoping for a tie. A health bottom line of Cutler to Marshall will do (Royal in the mix). Lets take it to the bank and cash in a big win in San Diego. Two W's against SD will be great!:fight:

ChadJacksonfan
12-28-2008, 05:31 PM
Does Chad Jackson get to play vs San Diego?

Stagnok
12-28-2008, 05:36 PM

That is an honest and an oh so true statement. However, I have to disagree with your score. I think the chargers have been in a MUST win situation for so long that the emotional roller coaster involved with it will come crashing down on them during this game.

I hope that the Broncos will come out very strong and take a quick big lead, and that will start the Chargers emotional fall. From that point on the Chargers will start to fall apart and the Broncos will come out with an impressive win.

Broncos 34
Chargers 21

mattcarter18
12-28-2008, 05:39 PM
I'm so pumped up for this game LETS GO BRONCOS

BroncosRockdaRockies
12-28-2008, 05:41 PM
In the beginning, God created football.
And the football was without form and void; and darkness was upon the face of the field.
And the Spirit of Competition moved upon the face of the artificial turf.
And God said, let there be a team, and there was a team.

And God saw the team, that it was good; and God divided the team into many teams within divisions.
And God called the team-Broncos, and the division-AFC West. And the evening and the morning was the first day.

And God said, Let there be a Divisional Playoff in the midst of all divisions, and let it divide the good from the best.
And God made the Divisional Playoff and divided the teams which were within the Playoff from the teams which were above the Playoffs; and it was so.
And God called the Divisional Playoffs- Championship Games. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

And God said, Let the teams under the Divisional Playoffs/Championship Games be gathered together unto one place, and let the turf appear; and it was so.
And God called the turf, field; and the gathering together of the teams called Divisional Champions; and God saw that it was good.
And God said, Let the field bring forth competition, readiness, focus, and lots of guys yielding skills , and the winner yielding Championship Titles after this kind; whose title is in itself, upon the field; and it was so.
And the field brought forth title games, and titles yielding seed after their kind, and the title yielding wins, whose win was in itself, after its kind, and God saw that it was good.
And the evening and the morning were the third day.
And God said, Let there be lights upon the field and turf so everyone could see.
And let the Broncos be the signs, and for seasons and years.
And God set the Broncos on the field to give light to all the world.
And to win the game.

Definitely worth bumping and a CP great post!!!!!!!

odiesback
12-28-2008, 05:47 PM
Checking-in with all you Broncos fans.

Today's the day. I took a day off of my
vacation to get ready for this game.

Just few hours away to make the Bolts to
stay home and watch the games on TV.

Let's go BRONCOS. Let's win this thing and
"shock" the so-called experts, again.:fight::fight::fight:

2 Minute Warning
12-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Almost game time, put your seatbelts on, could be a bumpy ride.:eek::rockon:

chazoe60
12-28-2008, 05:53 PM
15 minutes.....................I feel :sick:

SwedeBronco
12-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Why not US???

The Fraiders whip the Bucs, Vikes beat G-men, Iggles whoop the Cowgirls. Those 3 teams were'nt supposed to beat their opponents, so again why not us.

REGARDLESS OF TONIGHT'S OUTCOME, I HOPE OUR D-BOYS PLANT RIVERS IN THE TURF LIKE THE PANSIE HE IS!!!!!!!!!!

ALSO, HOW SWEET WILL IT BE TO JAY GIVING IT TO PANSY-BOY LIKE HE DID TO JAY LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!!!! ONE MORE REASON TO BEAT SD.:fight::fight::fight:

Jaws
12-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Almost game time, put your seatbelts on, could be a bumpy ride.:eek::rockon:

Lol, I was just about to make exactly the same post!

Go Broncos!

mattcarter18
12-28-2008, 06:02 PM
If your not pumped up for this game nothing will pump you up. Almost game time!!!

qnred
12-28-2008, 06:02 PM
I dont know about the rest of you but i feel more nervous and sick to my stomach..then any game b4. This is like a superbowl game. GO BRONCOS..Go JAY..HOLD THE BALL BRANDON.... GET EM DRE AND CHAMP....

.....i feel ill.... we can do this....i know we can..!!!!

I will be yelling from NIAGARA FALLS CANADA.... :)

Justin Roberts
12-28-2008, 06:05 PM
And so its come to this lets see what we are made of the playoffs start tonight :salute!::fight:

Shanahan hope you got something up your sleeve

SwedeBronco
12-28-2008, 06:05 PM
NFL.com poll

Who will win tonight's game

Den - 32%
SD - 68%

Whatever!!!! C'mon on boys go out there and show the world what we got!!!!!!!!!:salute!:

RealBronco
12-28-2008, 06:06 PM
15 minutes.....................I feel :sick:

ten minutes to go ladies and gentlemen..!!!

chazoe i'm with you buddy... except i think i literally AM coming down with something.... i hope i don't get what my wife has....she was up all night throwing up etc...

getlynched47
Lets go Broncos :fight::fight::fight:......................:salute !:

HurricaneDovs
Ive been looking forward to this game all week and ive been psyched all day.

This is it boys. Lets get it done. No one is expecting anything from us so lets shock the world.

GO BRONCOS!!! :salute!::salute!:

getlynched47
12-28-2008, 06:07 PM
A little less than 15 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SNF games usually start at 6:20 MST

SwedeBronco
12-28-2008, 06:08 PM
I only wish they we could have gone and given the pre-game talk to the team!!!!!!!! Between all of us, we could fire up our boys to take on an entire probowl team and beat them.:rockon:

Mr. Gold
12-28-2008, 06:08 PM
Go Chargers Go.

You can do it, guys.

I believe in you

AtwaterHITS27
12-28-2008, 06:10 PM
I dont know about the rest of you but i feel more nervous and sick to my stomach..then any game b4. This is like a superbowl game. GO BRONCOS..Go JAY..HOLD THE BALL BRANDON.... GET EM DRE AND CHAMP....

.....i feel ill.... we can do this....i know we can..!!!!

I will be yelling from NIAGARA FALLS CANADA.... :)

My stomach's turning a bit but we're almost here. I think after kick off we'll all feel a little better. 5 minutes left!

BroncFanIN
12-28-2008, 06:10 PM
ten minutes to go ladies and gentlemen..!!!

chazoe i'm with you buddy... except i think i literally AM coming down with something.... i hope i don't get what my wife has....she was up all night throwing up etc...

It's been going around. Its a 24 hour thing. Granted, you feel like crud the whole time...but its short, anyways.

And stay close to a bathroom.

RealBronco
12-28-2008, 06:12 PM
It's been going around. Its a 24 hour thing. Granted, you feel like crud the whole time...but its short, anyways.

:eek:

that's weird how you know... lol

but i hope it's a straight up 24 hour bug. however if i'm to get it, i can't afford to miss work etc. ugh.

BroncFanIN
12-28-2008, 06:14 PM
:eek:

that's weird how you know... lol

but i hope it's a straight up 24 hour bug. however if i'm to get it, i can't afford to miss work etc. ugh.

I got it the day after Christmas. Hubby got it the next day.

5 people from the family Christmas Eve got it. They were all over it in 24 hours.
:sick:

I think my tummy is churning now...its almost game time!

AtwaterHITS27
12-28-2008, 06:15 PM
Why does this feel like a Super Bowl game?

broncs_22
holy cow!!!! i feEl nervous but yet pumped up ahhhhh.

LETS GO BRONCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fight::fight::fight:

racerzeke
Is anybodies NBC blacked out? Mine is blacked out and im about 2 hours north of san diego all other channels are fine :sad:

RealBronco
12-28-2008, 06:17 PM
and.................here........................we ....................

GO!

Tremendous45th
12-28-2008, 06:18 PM
shut up al shut up john kick the damn ball off NOW!!!!!!!!

Jaws

Most of my family have gone down with it too.
Though in my son's case, I think it's might just be a case of too much Christmas "celebratin"

BroncFanIN
GO Broncos!

:rockon:

RealBronco
12-28-2008, 06:19 PM
I got it the day after Christmas. Hubby got it the next day.

5 people from the family Christmas Eve got it. They were all over it in 24 hours.
:sick:

I think my tummy is churning now...its almost game time!

hmmm i hope i can avoid that.....

BoltNut
Blah, blah, blah...... Kick the darn ball!!!!!

Gooooo Bolts!

AtwaterHITS27
shut up al shut up john kick the damn ball off NOW!!!!!!!!

I was gonna say the same thing. Come on Boyd. You have to come up big!

BroncFanIN
12-28-2008, 06:20 PM
okay...Jay, protect the ball.

Somebody sack Rivers. PLEASE!

Joborule
We've screwed it up for three games straight.

Don't do it again. I can't stand to be this disappointed if we lose.

GO BRONCOS!

RealBronco
my wife says Cutler looks like Rob Thomas.

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

i think my sister has said the same thing at one point a while back.

Tremendous45th
12-28-2008, 06:21 PM
Forget Popcorn I Got Wing Dings Ready

TheComeBackKid
12-28-2008, 06:21 PM
I don't know about anyone else but I have had butterflies all week over this game.....COME ON BRONCS! Please God...pleaes!

Thrasher
12-28-2008, 06:22 PM
I'm so excited...
Can't wait but acutally kinda don't want to see it :D
Go Broncos!

Orange and Blue
12-28-2008, 06:22 PM
I think I'm more excited for this game then the AFC Championship Game in 05

GO BRONCOS!

Elway
12-28-2008, 06:23 PM
REMEMBER FOLLOW THE COC.

You get out of control, you will be banned.

bronco30
well here we go jay must be error free n have great night..

six
ive felt nervous all week too. sick to my stomach. i feel like im gonna have a panic attack.

CMON guys! pleeease!

SwedeBronco
12-28-2008, 06:24 PM

Hey, if your gonna puke make sure you got a poster of Rivers directly in front of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Tremendous45th
IN CUTLER SPEAK UMMM YOU KNOW WE GONNA WIN BECAUSE YOU KNOW WE'RE BETTER THEN THE CHARGERS YOU KNOW LETS GO AND GETT HIS GAME SUCKERS YOU KNOW.....:salute!: BRONCO NATION!!!!!!!!

AtwaterHITS27
We're kicking off! Good.

MFJ
Complete game, guys...Come on, COME ON! GO BRONCOS!

BroncFanIN
Rivers couldnt even meet Cutlers eyes.

Chargers get the ball.

We get 2nd half...

LETS GO!

bronco30
lets go def. get a stop boyssss

Tremendous45th
12-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Iight Defense Its On You Now Now Now!!!!!!!!!!!the Chips Are Downnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

DenBroFan22
12-28-2008, 06:25 PM
I hope someone injures Phillip Rivers tonight.

RealBronco
12-28-2008, 06:26 PM
nice block attempt Rivers.

:laugh:

Elway

Uncool, can want a win, but not injuries to anyone.

bronco30
gr8 start come on geez uss

BroncFanIN

not cool.

ever.

DenBroFan22
Champ! Damn!

RealBronco
12-28-2008, 06:27 PM
come on Champ... walk it off!

MFJ
Nice tackle, Hester....

Tremendous45th
Omg Champ
Get Better We Need Youuuuuuu

Orange and Blue
Please come back in Champ

AtwaterHITS27
Champ just went to the bench. :sad: Come on Josh Bell.

bronco30
bailey out already bell gunna get picked onn

RealBronco
12-28-2008, 06:28 PM
way to interfere guys.

Tremendous45th
My God I Hate Webster Take Him Out

Overtime
dammit...why is a LB covering down the field?????

getlynched47
no defense tonight guys :(

bronco30
soon to be 7-0 oh myyyy

MFJ
They just tackled D-Robertson in the backfield! BS!!!!!

Elway
Great way D to walk them down to the field, on 3rd and 20.

It is like they are programmed to self destruct on 3rd down.

%(%**^(*:fight: 52 yard penalty!!!

RealBronco
12-28-2008, 06:29 PM
bailey out already bell gunna get picked onn

let's hope he can step up!

yeah way to stuff LT in the backfield!

let's hold em to 3 at least!

bronco30
bell shut up n playyyy

mojo0730
I absolutely HATE seeing our players overreact to a stop on first down.

Act like you've been there before guys...

Tremendous45th
Alot Of Jawing Fellas

RealBronco
Down Goes Rivers!!!!

bronco30
hold to a fg plzzz

AtwaterHITS27
Ekuban! Good collapse on the pocket.

BroncFanIN
12-28-2008, 06:30 PM
sack! :rockon:

Overtime
way to sack that female dog!!!!!!!

Tremendous45th
Field Goal Lets Get Em Lets Get Em

DenBroFan22
D made a good stop.

Overtime
nice job D!!! way to hold these sparklers losers to 3!!!

bronco30
12-28-2008, 06:31 PM
ok offense answer back boyss lets goo

SwedeBronco
good held them to 3.

Yo Webster, stop trying to play DB.

BroncFanIN
Bailey's done.

Charger 3
Denver 0

ANSWER!

RealBronco
alright... held them to 3 fellas!!!

let's go Trinity!!!!!!

BroncoBill027
Amazing start...

Champ's hurt, Webster fails.

Good ish holding to a FG thar.

C'mon Broncos!

Elway
Well they drew first blood, but after the big penalty, at least we held them to 3.

Tremendous45th
OUR BALL OUR BALL LETS GET IT RIGHT HERE NOTHIN LESS THEN SEVEN I WANNA SEE CUTLER TORCH THEM ALL THE WAY DOWN THE FIELD I DONT CARE IF WE DONT RUN AT ALL AS LONG AS CUTLER DESTROYS THESE BUMS:fight::fight::fight::fight::fight:

MFJ
way to hold'em D!

shannhanfan77
12-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Nice job to hold them to 3, now lets go out there and score a TD.

Cutler666
12-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Lets go offense. This games on you.

SwedeBronco
12-28-2008, 06:33 PM
run it down their throats and use up a ton of time

BoltNut
Good stop on D. Darn it.

I'm just hoping that our Defense can stop somebody.

uh oh, commercial is over.

getlynched47
Chad Jackson is returning :eek:

aic
Red Zone Defense Will Win Us The Game Cmon Defense

AtwaterHITS27
Left elbow on Bailey. Return is questionable. Weird.

Tremendous45th
Left El;bow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????? Get Ur Ass Out There Now Champ

chilei
I hope the early stupid penalty thing is not a prelude to what is coming!

That move was WAY too dumb to make! Then he even acted like it was a wrong call.:rolleyes:

MFJ
chad jackson?

DenBroFan22
Chad Jackson got dreads?

BroncoBill027
Elbow? Really? I guess thats better than the ol groin

BANJOPICKER1
Champ out,,bad!!
:sad:

Tremendous45th
12-28-2008, 06:34 PM
Omg The Screen Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????

bronco30
freakin wr screen crap stupidddd

Elway
ok - that first place went no where fast.

bfan45
Bailey's injuries is Left Elbow not groin, status for return is questionable. We need you Champ :salute!:

BoltNut
Great stop by Phillips!!:D

mojo0730
GOD can the playcalling be any more ridiculous?

Just line up and play football for Pete's sake!

RealBronco
the idea is to get positive yardage.

okay there we go SCHEFF!!!!!

bronco30
12-28-2008, 06:35 PM
yes get the te early wtg

Tremendous45th
Get Rid Of That Piss Poor Ass Screen Now

Elway
Let's get it going Jay.

Move the chains.

six
yeah when the hell are they going to realize that that play does not work. ever.

SwedeBronco
we gottaa run it a little to keep them honest

Thrasher
Is there a word on Champ? Hope he'll return for second half...

mojo0730
12-28-2008, 06:36 PM
So we're not even going to try and pretend to run the ball...

AtwaterHITS27
There you go Tater. Get that yard! Jackson does have dreads, haha.

RealBronco
heck yeah. utilize your TE's Jay!!!

first down Tatum!!

bronco30
good tough run bell wtg o-line

shannhanfan77
12-28-2008, 06:37 PM
great job stokley.

van elmo
12-28-2008, 06:38 PM
great job by the line there leaving cutler some time

SwedeBronco
love stokley that short little guy

BroncFanIN
good catch by stokes!

DenBroFan22
Nice run Tatum!

Tremendous45th
Tatum Broke A Tackle!!!!!!!!!!! We Gonna Win

bronco30
wtg bell nice runn keep it movinn

SwedeBronco
gotta keep running like that Tatum

AtwaterHITS27
Bell..pitch for more than a yard. Am I seeing things? Haha, great play!

RealBronco
heck yes!!!

i think maybe Bell will have a breakout game tonight!!!!

Max Power
who says Tatum can't break tackles?

BroncFanIN
that was a good run by Bell. :eek:

getlynched47
12-28-2008, 06:39 PM
Cory Boyd watch is on

six
and that play again. :rolleyes:

Tremendous45th
Since We Insist I Hope That Screen Gets Us A Td

bronco30
bmarsh come on catch itt

RealBronco
why do we keep trying that screen?

BoltNut
We sure ain't stopping anybody right now... sheesh.:rolleyes:

MFJ
WR/TE screens = worn out

getlynched47
TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!1fdsa

DenBroFan22
YEAH BABY! Go Tatum!!!!!

van elmo
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tremendous45th
What What What What What What Tatum Bellllllllllllll

Elway
and that is a Denver Touchdown! :salute!:

Peerless
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fight::fight:

jay who ?
GET'UM TATER!:fight:

MarvinWillis
tatum bell:rockon:

bfan45
Status on Champ's injuries is Left Elbow, status for return is questionable.

assassin216
:rockon::rockon: TD Tatum

six
12-28-2008, 06:40 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

YEAH BRONCOS! Nice job. :D

shannhanfan77
TOUCHDOWN :salute:

BroncoBill027
It's TATER!!!!

WOOO!!!

bronco30
wtg boys gr8 drive...

saltybuggah
bell running like he stole it :rockon::rockon::rockon:

SwedeBronco
Eat It Sd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's What I'm Talking About!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Run Tatum Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BroncosRockdaRockies
YEAH DENVER !!!!!!!!!!

TAKE THAT DIEGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:salute!:

van elmo
tatum almost knocked that person out! lol

Tremendous45th
My God Prater Is Horrible

RealBronco
YES!!!! hell of a run Bell!!!!

touchdown DENVER!!!!

Overtime
Touchdown Tater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looks like Shanny "dialed" that one up just right...pun intended....:D

SwedeBronco
bell running like he stole it :rockon::rockon::rockon:

that's what he's good at

Twizlers
Wow i can't believe it, go Tatum!

AtwaterHITS27
Good cut midway through the run. Good run guys. This is what we need. We have a running game, we just have to get it going! Good play calling mixture.

six
12-28-2008, 06:41 PM
new kicker anyone? :fight:

saltybuggah
*** pratter

DenBroFan22
Wow....you gotta be kidding me Prater!

Stagnok
*** missed extra point!

MarvinWillis
prater is starting to get under my skin

getlynched47
Prater misses an XTRA POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Twizlers
Holy crap prater...

mattcarter18
missed extra point *** ILL TAKE THE LEAD THOUGH!!!

mojo0730
Starting to think Prater is finished in Denver...

AtwaterHITS27
Prater can't even get an extra point. Are you kidding me?!

bronco30
prater u freakin idiot moron thats gunna haunt usss

RealBronco
stupid false start....

cost us a P.A.T.

oh well we're up.

MFJ
effin prater!

shannhanfan77