PDA

View Full Version : Seam Head Thread.

Pages : [1] 2

Southstander
01-04-2009, 09:24 PM
After talking with Snap, KB and others we need a thread that is for Baseball that is smack free, and bais free. Leave that for the other threads.

REPEAT THIS IS A SMACKFREE ZONE!!!

Let the Baseball talk begin.:salute!:

Snapping Turtle
01-04-2009, 10:01 PM
OH

HOLY

CRAP!!!

Best thread ever!! :rockon:

I_Only_Like_Jay
01-04-2009, 10:22 PM
This should be fun. Thank you South and Snap and so on and so forth.

How much longer until baseball Snap?

Snapping Turtle
01-04-2009, 10:29 PM
This should be fun. Thank you South and Snap and so on and so forth.

How much longer until baseball Snap?

91 until opening day. :D

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
01-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Boston Sucks.

:laugh: Just messin with ya South
kinda :P

But thats my only jab in this thread then.
Nice thread :salute: .. And unique thread title.

Baseball season is almost here. :rockon:

Which means were closer to draft day and training camp. :rockon:

Snapping Turtle
01-04-2009, 10:35 PM
Boston Sucks.

:laugh: Just messin with ya South
kinda

But thats my only jab in this thread then.
Nice thread :salute: .. And unique thread title.

Baseball season is almost here. :rockon:

Which means were closer to draft day and training camp. :rockon:

:laugh:Only you BJ...only you. lol

I'm looking forward to a good season of baseball in 2009. It will be hard not seeing Holliday on left field, but it will be interesting to see who we send out there.

I_Only_Like_Jay
01-04-2009, 10:37 PM
91 until opening day. :D

91 days too long... :(

How long until Training Camp? How long before pitchers and catchers report?

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
01-04-2009, 10:40 PM
:laugh: .. yea... I get fiesty late at night. :dance:

But yea.. I'm excited for baseball season as well. I'll probably get more excited once February rolls around. But Damn.. I cant believe how fast this whole year went by.

Hopefully I get to the check out the new Yankee stadium this year. :rockon:

And I'll be at opening day vs the Phillies at Coors. Damn.. I havn't went to an opening day Rockies game in ages it seems. Baseball season is almost here. :rockon:

btw does anyone watch MLB Network? I actually like it. Its becoming one of my new favorite channels lol.

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
01-04-2009, 10:42 PM
91 days too long... :(

How long until Training Camp? How long before pitchers and catchers report?

Broncos training camp usually starts at the end of July ;)
Unless your talking about "spring training" :P

But pitchers and Catchers report on Feb 14th I think.
And then everyone reports around the end of February. Like the 20th or something. :dance:

Not sure how many days. I was never good at math.

I might also go to Arizona this year for Spring training. Though I'm hoping for Florida instead :laugh:

I_Only_Like_Jay
01-04-2009, 10:46 PM
Broncos training camp usually starts at the end of July ;)
Unless your talking about "spring training" :P

But pitchers and Catchers report on Feb 14th I think.
And then everyone reports around the end of February. Like the 20th or something. :dance:

Not sure how many days. I was never good at math.

I might also go to Arizona this year for Spring training. Though I'm hoping for Florida instead :laugh:

Can Spring Training Camp work? But that's why I said catchers and pitchers. They lead off spring training, right?
Be patient, still learning, still trying to not get the terms mixed up.

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
01-04-2009, 10:47 PM
Can Spring Training Camp work? But that's why I said catchers and pitchers. They lead off spring training, right?
Be patient, still learning, still trying to not get the terms mixed up.

Yea.. quarterbacks and centers are the first to report. :salute:

errrr.. Pitchers and catchers :dance:

But yea, your learning. Thats why Snap has willingly decided to take you under her wing. :smug:

keithbishop
01-04-2009, 10:48 PM

But yea.. I'm excited for baseball season as well. I'll probably get more excited once February rolls around. But Damn.. I cant believe how fast this whole year went by.

And I'll be at opening day vs the Phillies at Coors. Damn.. I havn't went to an opening day Rockies game in ages it seems. Baseball season is almost here. :rockon:

btw does anyone watch MLB Network? I actually like it. Its becoming one of my new favorite channels lol.

I don't have it, but that will probably change soon.

They showed Larsen's perfect World Series game last week.... did you see it? It would be heaven to watch a game like that. I would have been jumping up and down watching Yogi Berra, Mickey Mantle, Billy Martin, and Jackie Robinson play in that game.

Snapping Turtle
01-04-2009, 10:48 PM
You have mlb network!!

I AM SOOO JEALOUS! I want it!

And by the way...right now...before ST begins...I predict Brad Hawpe will be the MVP of the Rockies this season. :smug:

I_Only_Like_Jay
01-04-2009, 10:51 PM
Yea.. quarterbacks and centers are the first to report. :salute:

errrr.. Pitchers and catchers :dance:

But yea, your learning. Thats why Snap has willingly decided to take you under her wing. :smug:
Yeah and because I am such a willing student. Go Rockies!

You have mlb network!!

I AM SOOO JEALOUS! I want it!

And by the way...right now...before ST begins...I predict Brad Hawpe will be the MVP of the Rockies this season. :smug:
I say Chris Iannetta. But then again, I've had problems with things like this, so MVB (Most Valuable Brad :) )

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
01-04-2009, 10:52 PM
I don't have it, but that will probably change soon.

They showed Larsen's perfect World Series game last week.... did you see it? It would be heaven to watch a game like that. I would have been jumping up and down watching Yogi Berra, Mickey Mantle, Billy Martin, and Jackie Robinson play in that game.

Naw, I missed it. :sad:
It sucks because the TV guide for it still says "program unavailable"
So I have no idea whats on and when its on.
I guess I could just go to thier website.

Unlike all the other channels that says whats on and what not.
That would have been sweet to see it though.

I saw the other day when they were showing Jackie Robinson stealing home plate and Yogi claimed he tagged him out. :laugh:

Its a pretty sweet show though. I'm definatly looking forward to watching more of it.
Shocked you don't have it yet KB. :eek: lol

Snapping Turtle
01-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Yeah and because I am such a willing student. Go Rockies!

I say Chris Iannetta. But then again, I've had problems with things like this, so MVB (Most Valuable Brad :) )

I wouldn't count Chris out. But I see something special in Hawpe. He has been in Holliday's shadow for a few years now, and I feel like this is his season to step up and shine. He has impressing me more and more the past couple of seasons. :D

keithbishop
01-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Naw, I missed it. :sad:
It sucks because the TV guide for it still says "program unavailable"
So I have no idea whats on and when its on.
I guess I could just go to thier website.

Unlike all the other channels that says whats on and what not.
That would have been sweet to see it though.

I saw the other day when they were showing Jackie Robinson stealing home plate and Yogi claimed he tagged him out. :laugh:

Its a pretty sweet show though. I'm definatly looking forward to watching more of it.
Shocked you don't have it yet KB. :eek: lol

I'm sure I'll get it soon. Baseball offseason is my movie regular season. I watched Mantle (documentary), 61, and The Natural in the last couple of weeks, so it's still kind of baseball season. ;)

Snapping Turtle
01-04-2009, 10:59 PM
I'm sure I'll get it soon. Baseball offseason is my movie regular season. I watched Mantle (documentary), 61, and The Natural in the last couple of weeks, so it's still kind of baseball season. ;)

61 is one of my favorite movies of all time. :rockon:

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
01-04-2009, 11:05 PM

:laugh: Very Nice KB. I've seen those movies a while ago. I have random baseball DVD's that I have still yet to watch. :fight:

But yea.. MLB Network seems pretty sweet. Its like baseball heaven. :dance:

Southstander
01-04-2009, 11:10 PM
For Boston pitchers and Cathcers report in Feb 12th. So that makes it 39 days. Or...

3,369,600 seconds
56,160 minutes
936 hours
5 weeks (rounded down)

Snapping Turtle
01-04-2009, 11:55 PM
For Boston pitchers and Cathcers report in Feb 12th. So that makes it 39 days. Or...

3,369,600 seconds
56,160 minutes
936 hours
5 weeks (rounded down)

:rockon: Awesome!

CTM
01-05-2009, 12:07 AM
I actually cant wait for baseball season. Usually I'm like bleh, symptom of being an Os fan I guess, but yeah, ever since we got eliminated from the postseason, the Wizards having no shot at making the playoffs, I'd say the only thing I have to look forward to is the NFL Draft and going to Camden Yards over the Summer.

Buying bargain seat tickets at like 8 bucks and then enjoying the view from the right field porch is pretty sweet and cost efficient if youre tall enough and dont mind standing.

LETS GO O'S!!! WWWWHHHHOOOOOOOOOoooooooo.....

Nothing? Nobody?

Damn.

Southstander
01-05-2009, 12:15 AM
It's tough for the O's to have a good season. They have to grind on the Sox, Yankees and now the Rays for so many games in a single season. I don't envy that at all. On the bright side, it can help to make you better out of shear necessity.

Snapping Turtle
01-05-2009, 10:48 AM
I think the Orioles are a great team to be a fan of. :salute!:

I just found the MLB TV on my digital cable! YES!!! Im going to watch as much of it as I can before I have to go back to school on Sunday where I will not have it.

Nightwing
01-05-2009, 10:59 AM
MLB network is awesome.

This is going to be the year of Ian Kinsler.:D

I think I'll have to order the extra inning package if I wanna watch any Ranger games though.

Snapping Turtle
01-05-2009, 11:09 AM
MLB network is awesome.

This is going to be the year of Ian Kinsler.:D

I think I'll have to order the extra inning package if I wanna watch any Ranger games though.

I'm almost sick from watching it...because it is making me even MORE anxious for the season to start. :eek:

jetrazor74
01-05-2009, 03:39 PM
http://www.popartuk.com/g/l/lgsp0357+smack-down-superstars-wwe-world-wrestling-entertainment-poster.jpg

I couldn't find any free smack, but here's some free smack DOWN....

wait... you did say you wanted smack for free, right?

Southstander
01-05-2009, 04:42 PM
I think the Orioles are a great team to be a fan of. :salute!:

I just found the MLB TV on my digital cable! YES!!! Im going to watch as much of it as I can before I have to go back to school on Sunday where I will not have it.

I wish I had it.:sad::sad: They had two days of Red Sox highlights.

I_Only_Like_Jay
01-05-2009, 08:21 PM
I don't think I have MLB tv, darn it. I could've started a network about me and named it the same thing because I share initials with Major League Baseball :P.

I do have a few Rockies games recorded from last season though that I could watch...

Southstander
01-05-2009, 08:30 PM
I have to ask you, what is the "Pants controversary"

Snapping Turtle
01-06-2009, 03:33 PM
I have to ask you, what is the "Pants controversary"

It is the fact that Tulo wears pants that are obviously too tight for him. It is not nice. :P

Southstander
01-06-2009, 04:17 PM
I think I was better of not knowing. http://userimages01.imvu.com/productdata/images_2332362a3e4d32e8d4861ed998e21d77.gif

Snapping Turtle
01-07-2009, 12:50 PM
89 days until opening day!

We are getting closer by the second seam heads!! :rockon:

Southstander
01-07-2009, 12:57 PM
And Pitchers and Cathcer report even sooner!!!:salute!::salute!:

Here is a list of who is left on the FA Market.

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Graphic/2009/01/04/marketewatch__1231069489_6153-1.jpg

Snapping Turtle
01-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Jason Giambi was signed by the A's wasn't he? :confused:

The Rockies really need to resign Podsednik. He gels well with our club.

February is sooo close!! :rockon:

CTM
01-07-2009, 01:07 PM
And Pitchers and Cathcer report even sooner!!!:salute!::salute!:

Here is a list of who is left on the FA Market.

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Graphic/2009/01/04/marketewatch__1231069489_6153-1.jpg

O's desperatley need to sign a pitcher.

Maybe we could get Sidney another shot :rolleyes:

Southstander
01-07-2009, 01:16 PM
I'm suprised the Sox have not tried to get Abreu. If I remember correctly the wanted to trade for him, but the Yanks beat us to the punch.

CTM
01-07-2009, 02:06 PM
I'm suprised the Sox have not tried to get Abreu. If I remember correctly the wanted to trade for him, but the Yanks beat us to the punch.

I personally think Abreu is way overhyped, but I imagine he could be a nice fit in RF for the Sox.

Southstander
01-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Look at the stats posted above, how is her overatesd.

Snapping Turtle
01-07-2009, 02:51 PM
So my little brother just called me a traitor for liking players on other teams who have never played for the Rockies...

I don't think its a crime to be a fan of other players....but who knows. :confused:

Snapping Turtle
01-07-2009, 03:30 PM
I hate to double post, but I just saw that Marcus Giles signed a minor league contract with the Phillies.

That made me happy. I felt bad about how things played out for him here. Well, about as bad as I could feel for him considering him leaving meant Barmes had a spot.

But anyway, he is a good player. I would like to see him leave the sport with some glory...despite his Padres affiliation. :laugh:

Southstander
01-07-2009, 05:16 PM
So my little brother just called me a traitor for liking players on other teams who have never played for the Rockies...

I don't think its a crime to be a fan of other players....but who knows. :confused:

You are fine Snap. I like Tulo, Josh Hamilton, Haliday, Holiday, ETC.....

Snapping Turtle
01-07-2009, 05:25 PM
You are fine Snap. I like Tulo, Josh Hamilton, Haliday, Holiday, ETC.....

Good. I was talking about James Loney...I think you already knew I was a fan of his.

Plus I like Teixiera, Yunel Escobar, Joe Mauer, Grady Sizemore, JJ Hardy....and the list goes on forever.

If they play good ball, I can like them :D

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
01-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Good. I was talking about James Loney...I think you already knew I was a fan of his.

Plus I like Teixiera, Yunel Escobar, Joe Mauer, Grady Sizemore, JJ Hardy....and the list goes on forever.

If they play good ball, I can like them :D

That last part sounds very "bandwagonish". :P

:laugh:

Snapping Turtle
01-07-2009, 06:09 PM

I have two words I would like to say to you...but I think it would break the CoC. :laugh:

And you KNOW I'm not bandwagon fan....I would assume that most bandwagon fans would have no idea who half those players are. :laugh:

Southstander
01-07-2009, 06:09 PM

If it is a team yes, if it is players no. I think what she means is she is a fan of good players reguardless of where they play.

Southstander
01-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Hey Snap, SOTO, IOLJC and the rest of, what do you say to all of us "Seam Heads" getting to gether and going to a Rockies game?

Snapping Turtle
01-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Hey Snap, SOTO, IOLJC and the rest of, what do you say to all of us "Seam Heads" getting to gether and going to a Rockies game?

That would be cool. :)

Southstander
01-09-2009, 08:36 PM
That would be cool. :)

SWEET!:salute!:

Snapping Turtle
01-09-2009, 08:38 PM
SWEET!:salute!:

It will probably be difficult to get Smithy there, he is a busy guy...but Misty(IOLJ) and I caught a couple games last year so I'm sure she is up for it.

Southstander
01-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Oh no, that means I'll be the only guy hanging out with two goodlooking women. What ever will I do?:rockon::rockon:

;)

Snapping Turtle
01-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Oh no, that means I'll be the only guy hanging out with two goodlooking women. What ever will I do?:rockon::rockon:

;)

You will probably want to throw up after all our talk of Tulo's pants controversy, my love over Barmie's bald head and yelling at Taylor Buchholz. :laugh:

Southstander
01-09-2009, 08:56 PM
You will probably want to throw up after all our talk of Tulo's pants controversy, my love over Barmie's bald head and yelling at Taylor Buchholz. :laugh:

That's what http://www.collegebeing.com/uploads/2007/07/killians-irish-red.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/ledjar/Peroni20bottle20mikro.jpghttp://www.40ozmaltliquor.com/40/coorseg.jpg Is for.

Snapping Turtle
01-09-2009, 08:58 PM
That's what http://www.collegebeing.com/uploads/2007/07/killians-irish-red.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/ledjar/Peroni20bottle20mikro.jpghttp://www.40ozmaltliquor.com/40/coorseg.jpg Is for.

Poor South. :sad:

I_Only_Like_Jay
01-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Hecks YEAH!

You forgot about commenting on Iannetta's bald spot... Oh wait, that was me with my friend Spencer.

Snap, what's the Rockies' schedule on the 8th, 9th and 10th of July? We should try to go for our birthday, if they're here. If not, we still need to celebrate our birthdays somehow. Bring Nurse with us.

Southstander
01-09-2009, 09:03 PM
July 2nd is my birthday, so if we go around then we might get Fireworks.:D

Southstander
01-09-2009, 09:04 PM

Poor South. :sad:

LOL......................

Snapping Turtle
01-09-2009, 09:05 PM
Hecks YEAH!

You forgot about commenting on Iannetta's bald spot... Oh wait, that was me with my friend Spencer.

Snap, what's the Rockies' schedule on the 8th, 9th and 10th of July? We should try to go for our birthday, if they're here. If not, we still need to celebrate our birthdays somehow. Bring Nurse with us.

OOOh good idea Misty! Maybe hit the cheesecake factory??

We're home all of those days...
July 8th: 1:10 pm against the Nats
July 9th: 6:40 pm against Atlanta
July10th: 7:10 pm against Atlanta

We're on a home stand from July 3rd-July 12th....so we should try and go sometime that home stand for birthday :D I have a feeling on my bday itself I may be busy though....who knows. :D When it gets closer we can figure it out!

I'm sure Tiff would be totally in!

Southstander
01-09-2009, 09:18 PM
The 10th is a great idea, since it is a night game.

Snapping Turtle
01-09-2009, 09:24 PM
The 10th is a great idea, since it is a night game.

The 10th is my actual birthday....so I can't commit to anything just yet.

I have a feeling my best friend and I will be hitting Coors, I would say we could meet up with you all then, but the internet thing weirds her out a bit. :(

Southstander
01-09-2009, 09:30 PM
The 10th is my actual birthday....so I can't commit to anything just yet.

I have a feeling my best friend and I will be hitting Coors, I would say we could meet up with you all then, but the internet thing weirds her out a bit. :(

That makes since. If we pick another day, that means you get more Baseball.:rockon:

Snapping Turtle
01-09-2009, 09:36 PM
That makes since. If we pick another day, that means you get more Baseball.:rockon:

True :D We can figure it out when the season starts and things are closer....I hope I can find a morning job so I can go to evening games. :D

I_Only_Like_Jay
01-09-2009, 09:46 PM
The 3rd and the 9th. 3rd: fireworks and to celebrate for South
9th: perfectly between mine and Snap's birthdays. If we plan now, we can get seats and the days off and so on and so forth. It'll be fun.

Southstander
01-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Is there anything better then baseball on a cool summers night.

Snapping Turtle
01-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Is there anything better then baseball on a cool summers night.

Is there anything better than baseball in general? :laugh:

The 9th should be okay for me....I will try and keep that day open from now on if that works for the rest of you. We can get rockpile seats since they're cheap, but if you would rather sit somewhere else that's fine with me. Ant seat is a good seat at Coors. :D

Misty...woiuld you be interested in getting autographs with me? Let me know!!

South...you can't wear Red Sox stuff. :P

*Atwater*
01-09-2009, 10:03 PM

MLB network is the shizz. :rockon:

I_Only_Like_Jay
01-09-2009, 10:58 PM
You know Snap, there's a reason why we love baseball, that's because we are baseball season babies.

Southstander
01-09-2009, 11:01 PM

The 9th should be okay for me....I will try and keep that day open from now on if that works for the rest of you. We can get rockpile seats since they're cheap, but if you would rather sit somewhere else that's fine with me. Ant seat is a good seat at Coors. :D

I'll get autographs with you.

Also as long as I'm cheering for the Rox, does it matter what team I wear?:confused:

;)

Southstander
01-09-2009, 11:02 PM
You know Snap, there's a reason why we love baseball, that's because we are baseball season babies.

He me too. I'm a July baby.

Snapping Turtle
01-10-2009, 11:05 AM
I'll get autographs with you.

Also as long as I'm cheering for the Rox, does it matter what team I wear?:confused:

;)

Yes it matters! :sad:

Especially if you try and get autographs with me...you will scare them away from me! Although Clint Barmes totally knows who I am. :laugh: He doesn't know my name but he recognizes me....but still I don't want him to think bad about me! :P

I_Only_Like_Jay
01-10-2009, 03:19 PM

Of course. But I get shy around pro sports guys. And I may not be tough enough to get to them...
And if you guys want, I could buy the tickets (I get a Military discount) and you guys could pay me back when we meet up. Anyway, I'm going to try to get the days off.

Southstander
01-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Yes it matters! :sad:

Especially if you try and get autographs with me...you will scare them away from me! Although Clint Barmes totally knows who I am. :laugh: He doesn't know my name but he recognizes me....but still I don't want him to think bad about me! :P

I'll try to get a Team USA Pedroia Jersey before then. Is that a fair comprimise?

I_Only_Like_Jay
01-10-2009, 03:55 PM
I'll try to get a Team USA Pedroia Jersey before then. Is that a fair comprimise?

I think so, since there is at least one Rockie on that team (Go Iannetta!). But it's up to Snap...

Southstander
01-10-2009, 03:58 PM
I WONT wear my 2007 World Champions hat.

By the way what branch of the service are you in?

Snapping Turtle
01-10-2009, 04:04 PM

Thats fine I guess.......:coffee:

Misty....I can show you how to get autographs...but its best to get there like WAAAY early. Its kinda tedious until they actual sign...but its fun for me at least. Do you still have the Chris autograph I got you? lol

I_Only_Like_Jay
01-10-2009, 04:04 PM
I WONT wear my 2007 World Champions hat.

By the way what branch of the service are you in?

I'm not in the services, I work at the base exchange. But since I'm a military ID holder, I get the discount too. I'm a civilian working on the base.

Southstander
01-10-2009, 04:05 PM
I'm not in the services, I work at the base exchange. But since I'm a military ID holder, I get the discount too. I'm a civilian working on the base.

Sweet:salute!:.

I_Only_Like_Jay
01-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Sweet:salute!:.

It is. I don't use the ID much, but baseball is that important.

keithbishop
01-10-2009, 06:02 PM
still available in FA, per Buster Olney's blog

Lineup
SS Orlando Cabrera
2B Orlando Hudson
RF Bobby Abreu
DH Manny Ramirez
LF Adam Dunn
3B Joe Crede
CF Jim Edmonds
1B Sean Casey
C Jason Varitek

Rotation: Ben Sheets, Derek Lowe, Oliver Perez, Jon Garland, Paul Byrd, Randy Wolf, Mark Mulder

Bullpen: Brandon Lyon, Juan Cruz, Dennys Reyes, Will Ohman

Bench: Garret Anderson, OF; Brad Ausmus, C; Eric Hinske, 1B/3B; Kevin Millar, 1B

Extra Hall of Famers, just in case: Ken Griffey Jr., Frank Thomas, Tom Glavine, Pedro Martinez

Southstander
01-10-2009, 06:14 PM
still available in FA, per Buster Olney's blog

Lineup
SS Orlando Cabrera
2B Orlando Hudson
RF Bobby Abreu
DH Manny Ramirez
LF Adam Dunn
3B Joe Crede
CF Jim Edmonds
1B Sean Casey
C Jason Varitek

Rotation: Ben Sheets, Derek Lowe, Oliver Perez, Jon Garland, Paul Byrd, Randy Wolf, Mark Mulder

Bullpen: Brandon Lyon, Juan Cruz, Dennys Reyes, Will Ohman

Bench: Garret Anderson, OF; Brad Ausmus, C; Eric Hinske, 1B/3B; Kevin Millar, 1B
Extra Hall of Famers, just in case: Ken Griffey Jr., Frank Thomas, Tom Glavine, Pedro Martinez

Thanks KB I bolded the ones I would love come to Boston. Can you Imagine a Glavine/Smoltz Reunion:salute!:!!

Also how funny would it be if Manny came back.

Snapping Turtle
01-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Tom Glavine is so cool. I hope he gets to pitch some more. :D

Southstander
01-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Hey Snap, would a Pedrioa Team USA jersey be ok?

Snapping Turtle
01-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Hey Snap, would a Pedrioa Team USA jersey be ok?

I think I already answered that...:P

Southstander
01-11-2009, 04:00 PM
I'm sorry I did not see it.:sad:

Southstander
01-11-2009, 04:01 PM

Misty....I can show you how to get autographs...but its best to get there like WAAAY early. Its kinda tedious until they actual sign...but its fun for me at least. Do you still have the Chris autograph I got you? lol

Found it.:cheers:

Snapping Turtle
01-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Found it.:cheers:

Glad you did :D

Southstander
01-11-2009, 10:31 PM
Man I would have loved to be at these games. Can you imagine have those greats on the same field at the same time, on the same team.:rockon:

On July 12, 1943, a team of Armed Forces all-stars managed by Babe Ruth and featuring Joe DiMaggio and Ted Williams played the Boston Braves in a fund-raising effort. Babe Ruth, 48 years old, pinch-hit in the 7th inning and flied out to right, but the all-stars won 9-8 on a Ted Williams home run.

Then, on July 28, 1943, in a charity game for the Red Cross at Yankee Stadium‚ Babe Ruth lead a team of former Yankees against the Cloudbusters. Johnny Sain walked the Babe in his one plate appearance‚ as the old time Yankees lost‚ 8-5.
From September to December 1943, Cadet Williams took primary training at NAS Bunker Hill, Indiana. He then went to NAS Pensacola in Florida for intermediate training where he set records in aerial gunnery. Williams received his pilot’s wings and commission as a second lieutenant in the Marine Corps on May 2, 1944

I_Only_Like_Jay
01-11-2009, 11:11 PM

It's still in my wallet. I look at it often...

By the way, I turned in my leave request for the 9th of July. I'm so glad that July 4th is on a Saturday. Since I'm regular part-time, I get holidays off and then I have to have my normal days off. So holiday weeks, I get three days off. So I asked for the 4th, the 8th and the 9th. My supervisor will probably give them to me without me having to use leave. :rockon:

Southstander
01-12-2009, 12:40 PM
The Hall of Fame class is announced and it is to former Red Sox

Jim Rice
http://images-cdn01.associatedcontent.com/image/A1928/192813/300_192813.jpg

Rickey Henderson

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/22/96810043_7177a1d356.jpg?v=0

keithbishop
01-13-2009, 10:37 AM
The Braves have agreed to terms with Derek Lowe: 4 years/ $60 mil.

Southstander
01-13-2009, 05:52 PM
The Braves have agreed to terms with Derek Lowe: 4 years/ $60 mil.

That stinks, I was hoping he would return to Boston.

Southstander
01-15-2009, 07:23 PM
I was very suprised that Donny Baseball is not in the Hall of Fame.

Snapping Turtle
01-15-2009, 07:31 PM
I was very suprised that Donny Baseball is not in the Hall of Fame.

Its because of the hair. :laugh:

David Eckstein signed with the Padres...and I wanted to cry. :(

Southstander
01-15-2009, 07:35 PM
LOL Snap.:salute!:

Sorry about your.:sad:

Snapping Turtle
01-15-2009, 07:39 PM
LOL Snap.:salute!:

Sorry about your.:sad:

I always liked Eckstein and I hate the Padres so it makes me sad. Oh well. :D

Is Spring Training going to be interesting for the BoSox?

Southstander
01-15-2009, 07:56 PM
It think it should be. With the signing of Youk today, that will take away some possbable tention and bad blood. Then there are the questions on the health of Lowell, and Beckett. Less then a month till pitchers and catchers start showing up in Fort Myers, Florida. That means Grapefruit league action.:salute!::rockon:

Snapping Turtle
01-15-2009, 07:59 PM
It think it should be. With the signing of Youk today, that will take away some possbable tention and bad blood. Then there are the questions on the health of Lowell, and Beckett. Less then a month till pitchers and catchers start showing up in Fort Myers, Florida. That means Grapefruit league action.:salute!::rockon:

The Rockies are in for a really interesting Spring. Great pitching competition and outfield. The only OF position we have locked up is Hawpe in right, the other two are still undecided. Plus they're going to try Ian Stewart in the OF and see how he does...and as usual there will be some competition for second. I feel it in my gut that Barmes will easily win the opening day position over Jeff Baker.

When I saw about Youk I thought of you :P

Southstander
01-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Thank you.:salute!::D

Snapping Turtle
01-15-2009, 08:28 PM
Thank you.:salute!::D

You're welcome :P

Southstander
01-15-2009, 08:31 PM
:P (Right back at you)

I_Only_Like_Jay
01-15-2009, 11:04 PM
The Rockies are in for a really interesting Spring. Great pitching competition and outfield. The only OF position we have locked up is Hawpe in right, the other two are still undecided. Plus they're going to try Ian Stewart in the OF and see how he does...and as usual there will be some competition for second. I feel it in my gut that Barmes will easily win the opening day position over Jeff Baker.

When I saw about Youk I thought of you :P

I am requesting for our blog to change my boys from Baker, Tulo and Iannetta to Jimenez, Tulo and Iannetta. I still like Jeff, but something tells me you're right. Unless, some weird injury happens to Barmes again. And I promise Snap, I do not own a Clint Barmes voodoo doll. :D:P

Southstander
01-20-2009, 07:30 PM
KB, I just found out the DiMaggio and Yogi were NOT first rounder HOF :brick:

They need to find a way to fix the HOF voting.

Southstander
01-22-2009, 01:01 PM
Mark McGwire's brother is saying he got him hooked on roids, and is writting a book about it.

Snapping Turtle
01-22-2009, 01:22 PM
I am requesting for our blog to change my boys from Baker, Tulo and Iannetta to Jimenez, Tulo and Iannetta. I still like Jeff, but something tells me you're right. Unless, some weird injury happens to Barmes again. And I promise Snap, I do not own a Clint Barmes voodoo doll. :D:P

That's fine Misty, :D I might change mine too...but who knows. Well I will obviously be keeping Barmie and Buchhy, but I dunno about Greg Reynolds, lets not finalize anything until the opening day roster is set. How is that? ST we can talk about whoever. :D

South -- I saw that....he said he started in 1994. Crazy!

I_Only_Like_Jay
01-22-2009, 05:00 PM
That's fine Misty, :D I might change mine too...but who knows. Well I will obviously be keeping Barmie and Buchhy, but I dunno about Greg Reynolds, lets not finalize anything until the opening day roster is set. How is that? ST we can talk about whoever. :D

South -- I saw that....he said he started in 1994. Crazy!

Groove-tacular.

Southstander
01-22-2009, 05:26 PM
It breaks my heart about Big Mac, the first game I ever went to was the A's vs O's. My brother was a huge fan and had alot of his cards.

I_Only_Like_Jay
01-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Snap & South, we should have cupcakes for our B-day get together. :salute!: (If it happens, of course.)

Southstander
01-24-2009, 05:13 PM
I am down with that.

saltybuggah
01-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Mark McGwire's brother is saying he got him hooked on roids, and is writting a book about it.

that pisses me off...

being a cards fan or not.. his brother shouldnt rat him out like that...that is the lowest of the low...

his brother says that its "outta love" for mark but its not its the almighty dollar that has him talking about it...

almost every baseball player / fan knows that mark used something... he didnt want to talk about and has suffered the concequences for it...

id hate to be at a family reunion with the McGwire's anytime soon

Southstander
01-24-2009, 06:12 PM
Sad thing is they have not talked in years. I do not think this will bring them closer.

Southstander
01-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Roughly two weeks to go untill Pitchers and Catcher start to show up.:salute!:

Southstander
01-28-2009, 11:10 PM
13 days.:peace:

Snapping Turtle
01-29-2009, 09:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiOihB3tphw

Just something funny for us baseball fans. I'm sure you have all seen it before, but it is one of my favorites. I just love the part about the bleacher skanks. lol Sorry the quality is bad lol.

Southstander
01-29-2009, 11:48 AM
That is AWSOME!!!!!:salute!::salute!:

Southstander
02-03-2009, 12:26 AM
Please forgive me for reposting this. It deserves to be seen by all Seam heads.

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200901283779524

Southstander
02-03-2009, 12:55 AM
By Sean McAdam | Tuesday, February 3, 2009 | http://www.bostonherald.com | Boston Red Sox

The talk surfaced in December, first as a murmur, then, as the month went on, it escalated in volume.

While the vast majority of teams, mindful of the plummeting economy and warned by economists that the worst was still to come, passed out offseason money carefully, the New York Yankees spent freely. Oblivious to the constraints of their rivals, the Yankees handed out $423.5 million in the span of two weeks.

In signing pitchers CC Sabathia and A.J. Burnett and first baseman Mark Teixeira, the Yankees unwittingly set in motion a debate that some thought had long been settled: the need for a salary cap in baseball.

Baseball owners tried to secure their own cap several times, most recently resulting in the disastrous strike in 1994, which forced the cancellation of the World Series and carried over into the next season.

As attendance ballooned and revenues soared - MLB was a $6.5 billion business in 2008 - talk of the salary cap quieted, and indeed, with three more years remaining on the current collective bargaining agreement, talk of radical changes are moot for now. But the severe downturn in the economy, coupled with the Yankees’ unchecked spending spree, has some owners wondering if the time hasn’t come - again.

“I would ask, if it’s such a bad idea, what sport doesn’t have a salary cap other than us?” Milwaukee Brewers owner Mark Attanasio said.

The answer, of course, is none.

Something doesn’t add up

Baseball remains the only major team sport that does not impose a salary cap on its teams. The NBA pioneered the concept, introducing the first (modern era) cap in 1984. The NFL followed in 1993 and the NHL joined the club following the lockout of 2004-05.

As such, no sport has such great disparity in team payrolls. In 2008, for example, while the Yankees payroll was a record $209 million, the Florida Marlins spent a mere $21.8 million, or less than New York paid third baseman Alex Rodriguez. When the Yankees gobbled up their trio of stars this winter, it served as ammunition for those who suggest that some teams can simply buy their way to a title.

The notion that one team spent almost 10 times more than another strikes some as particularly absurd, especially against the backdrop of the other sports, where payrolls are, relatively speaking, nearly identical from one franchise to the next.

And the disparity between the two extremes, the free-spending Yankees and the cost-conscious Marlins, was further illustrated this offseason. While the Yankees handed out the three biggest free agent deals, the Marlins non-tendered reliever Joe Nelson - ostensibly because he was due a raise to $900,000 - and dumped salary arbitration-eligible players in pitcher Scott Olsen and outfielder Josh Willingham by sending them to the Washington Nationals.

But what troubles some is that franchises like the Marlins refuse to sufficiently reinvest in their product.

Though baseball lacks a salary cap, it does attempt to put a drag on excessive spending with a luxury tax and revenue sharing. The Marlins would have received more than $30 million as a result of redistribution of wealth, yet have spent considerably less on salaries. Factor in additional income from national TV rights (another $20 million, industry sources report), new media and other revenues and the Marlins made far more than they spent, even before local revenue such as ticket sales, corporate sponsorships and local media rights are included.

Further, there’s little to suggest that baseball doesn’t enjoy competitive balance (see chart), especially in relation to the other three major sports and that despite the public perception, the system doesn’t need fixing.

“After the strike and again in 2006 (when the last collective bargaining agreement was ratified) we’ve worked very hard with Major League Baseball to develop a system that preserves entrepreneurial incentive and provides revenue to clubs, and we’ve done so in a fashion that the players approveI think the results we’ve seen over the last decade or so would certainly suggest that (it’s working),” Players Association executive director Donald Fehr said. “A whole lot of teams seem to be able to compete extraordinarily well.”

While the Yankees spend without inhibition, they haven’t won a World Series since 2000 and have advanced past the first round of the playoffs just once since ’03.

At the same time, teams from small- and medium-sized markets have regularly made appearances in the World Series, including the Tampa Bay Rays last October and the Colorado Rockies the year before.

In fact, in the last 20 years, 10-of-14 American League teams have reached the World Series at least once; in the National League, 11-of-16 have qualified. It’s worth noting, too, that among the teams absent from the World Series in that span are the Chicago Cubs and Los Angeles Dodgers, suggesting that success isn’t so much linked to market size as much as it is smart management.

Results are in

The Red Sox [team stats], who have been in the top five in payroll for at least the last five seasons, like to complain that they can’t compete economically with the Yankees, especially with the scheduled opening of the new Yankee Stadium in two months. But while the Yankees may outspend their rivals, the Sox can do the same to the vast majority of other franchises.

It’s not as if the Yankees spending advantage has translated into greater success on the field, either. Since 2003, the Red Sox have made the postseason four times, as have the Yankees. But while the Sox have won seven postseason series, two pennants and two World Series, the Yankees have just one postseason series victory (a Division Series win against Minnesota in 2004) in that span.

(Red Sox officials declined to comment for the story, though industry sources maintain that ownership is steadfastly opposed to a salary cap).

Beyond the philosophical merits of a cap, there are also issues about practicality. By definition, implementation of a cap would also require a corresponding floor, or a minimum amount that teams would be forced to spend. If a salary cap of, say, $100 million were to be put in place, a floor would require $80 million.

“How do teams like Pittsburgh ($48.6 million payroll last year) and Kansas City ($58.2 million) come up with the money?” one mid-market general manager said. “It’s fine to say, ‘You have to spend at least this much.’ But in some cases, you’d be asking teams to double what they’re spending now. I just don’t know how that would work.”

Still others suggest that resumption of a salary cap debate is something of a red herring. One baseball executive said the real forthcoming battle will be between small- and big-market teams tussling over digital media rights for distribution of online game broadcasts. Large market teams want to retain control of their local broadcast rights, while small-market teams want the revenues split evenly.

“I’m proud of the system we have,” said commissioner Bud Selig, noting that the current CBA has three seasons still to run. “I think we’ve had more competitive balance than we’ve ever had. . . . (But) I’ll continue to watch what happens and make my judgments at the appropriate time.”

Article URL: http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/baseball/red_sox/view.bg?articleid=1149656

Southstander
02-05-2009, 10:46 PM
Today is Hammering Hank's Birthday, and tomorrow's is Ruth's.:salute!:

keithbishop
02-06-2009, 06:07 AM
http://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/article/61475

How about $25 mil. for 2009? I heart Blameless Bud Selig.

Southstander
02-06-2009, 11:22 AM
http://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/article/61475

How about $25 mil. for 2009? I heart Blameless Bud Selig.

Nice work if you can get it.

Snapping Turtle
02-07-2009, 09:00 PM
You guys have all seen Fever Pitch right? Despite it being all about the Red Sox I adore this movie.

I am watching it right now and I can't help but feel the need for baseball ASAP!

And I also can't help but believe that I am the female version of Jimmy Fallon's character. :laugh:

Southstander
02-08-2009, 12:45 AM
You guys have all seen Fever Pitch right? Despite it being all about the Red Sox I adore this movie.

I am watching it right now and I can't help but feel the need for baseball ASAP!

And I also can't help but believe that I am the female version of Jimmy Fallon's character. :laugh:

I love that movie. Some day I hope to find a "Lindsey" to my "Ben the School Teacher"

Snapping Turtle
02-08-2009, 10:27 AM
I love that movie. Some day I hope to find a "Lindsey" to my "Ben the School Teacher"

The best part is that I'm Katie the (soon to be) school teacher who is obsessed with baseball. :laugh:

Snapping Turtle
02-08-2009, 06:16 PM
This is very random, but am I the only baseball fan who finds the following link completely offensive?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUdqna8wd6k

If I ever saw ballplayers leaping from base to base like that, I don't know what I would do. Cut probably. lol

Southstander
02-08-2009, 06:22 PM
The best part is that I'm Katie the (soon to be) school teacher who is obsessed with baseball. :laugh:

I was thinking about that last night.

nbaballer913
02-08-2009, 06:59 PM
This is very random, but am I the only baseball fan who finds the following link completely offensive?

If I ever saw ballplayers leaping from base to base like that, I don't know what I would do. Cut probably. lol

If saw the batter and pitcher dancing like that, I'd storm the field...

Southstander
02-08-2009, 07:38 PM

Baseball and dance are as alike as marshmellow and a cenderblock.

Snapping Turtle
02-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Baseball and dance are as alike as marshmellow and a cenderblock.

That video is just proof that High School Musical is corrupting the youth of our nation. :coffee:

Southstander
02-08-2009, 08:10 PM
That video is just proof that High School Musical is corrupting the youth of our nation. :coffee:

Besides who names their kid Sharpay?

Snapping Turtle
02-08-2009, 09:00 PM

Haha I mostly hate that main girl Gabby.:sad:

I_Only_Like_Jay
02-08-2009, 09:02 PM

Snooty moms.

And if you all think about it, baseball players do dance, sort of. Troy pirouettes beautifully.

Southstander
02-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Snooty moms.

And if you all think about it, baseball players do dance, sort of. Troy pirouettes beautifully.

Pardon me while I poke out my minds eye.

Southstander
02-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Haha I mostly hate that main girl Gabby.:sad:

She was stupid enough to trust a "friend" to take nude pictures of her.

I think all the "Guys" in it are a little light in the loafers so to speak.

Snapping Turtle
02-09-2009, 07:41 AM
Pardon me while I poke out my minds eye.

Oh my God. I had the same reaction when I read that post. I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit. :sick:

And I like Zac Efron in Hairspray...but HSM is just stupid.

kmcgough25
02-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Ah going in to Spring Training and all fans are optimistic..man I love this time of year. I am intriqued on how the AL East shakes out this year.

Here are my questions for the season:
1. Will the Rays become a perrenial contender this year or will they take a step back?
2. Will the Yankees and Red Sox battle it out with all 19 games head to head coming down to the wire and who wins the east?
3. Will the Sox staff be able to fend off that Yankee line up?
4. Will the Sox lineup have more pop in the lineup?

Alright, now I'm excited!!!

Southstander
02-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Three more days till Pitcher and Catcher Report, 5 days till Spring Training.

Your Questions

1. Step back
2. All season battle, Sox take the AL East
3. Yes
4. Yes

Snapping Turtle
02-09-2009, 04:48 PM
My question is, how bad will the NL West really be? Will they be the "NL Worst" like last season, or do you think they'll pull an '07?

I'm thinking its tougher than people are predicting.

Southstander
02-09-2009, 04:58 PM
I do not know since I do not follow the NL, but I think the toughest division will be the AL East.

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
02-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Its almost here. :rockon:

Time to celebrate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc_lInPzDdo&feature=PlayList&p=33BB929A2737D423&index=24

:dance:

Southstander
02-09-2009, 11:10 PM
In 1991 Commissioner Fay Vincent sent a memo to all teams and the Union explaining that steroids were a banned substance in baseball. The fact that Selig did not enforce the rule does not mean that it was legal to do steroids in MLB in '03. Take a look at the memo below.

http://static.sawxheads.com/1/uc/8/39/1977735163774.jpg

Thanks to www.fenwaywest.com:salute:

keithbishop
02-10-2009, 12:27 AM
Vincent's last act as commish was to tell Selig something had to be done about the problem.

Vincent wasn't perfect, but I believe he would have solved the problem.... or at least tried his very best. The owners couldn't stand him, so he was essentially booted from his position.

Crazy stuff, Mac: I read that the 1st baseball investigation into steroids was in 1973. :eek:

More about Selig, the player's union, and how they encouraged this mess: http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/29102174/

One hell of an article.

Southstander
02-10-2009, 12:49 AM
Great find.

Snapping Turtle
02-10-2009, 09:33 AM
Vincent's last act as commish was to tell Selig something had to be done about the problem.

Vincent wasn't perfect, but I believe he would have solved the problem.... or at least tried his very best. The owners couldn't stand him, so he was essentially booted from his position.

Crazy stuff, Mac: I read that the 1st baseball investigation into steroids was in 1973. :eek:

More about Selig, the player's union, and how they encouraged this mess: http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/29102174/

One hell of an article.

Great article Keith. Thank you so much for sharing it. I still feel sad about this ARod thing though, but I guess every baseball fan goes through this phase eventually. When they realize that baseball isn't completely innocent. I mean, I obviously knew about steroids before but I guess it never really HIT me before. Its just a bummer.

But at the same time I couldn't help but agree with a lot of that article. What did Selig think would happen once the Mitchell Report was released? Did he expect these players to be released from their teams and ran out of town? Highly doubtful when many of these players are elite, well-known athletes who are key to a team's success. Besides that, fans are rather forgiving and I don't think a lot of the smaller name players are really all that affected by having their names associated with steroids. Like Matt Herges for example, he said he was sorry and we got over it. The media only makes steroids a "bad thing" when it involves a big name or a record.

Like the article said though, we are naive if we think that baseball has only been tainted in the recent decades. Obviously players have been experimenting with ways to improve themselves since baseball became competitive. Like his example with Mantle and Maris...I think we've all seen 61* okay. LOL. And even in small ways, like the article said...tampering with a baseball by running your fingers through your hair *cough Brad Penny* or the spit ball etc. Its part of the game. How can we outsmart the other team, how can we bend the rules, how can we win.

The point that I agree with most is about the level playing field. Yeah, I wish when it came to money teams were more even, but how can you level talent? With or without steroids, some teams just won't have a good player while another team might. And besides that, don't all players, at least in a way, have the option to do steroids? No, I'm not encouraging them to take them, but I'm pretty sure any single player has them available to him and he could take them. They chose not to, and that is their choice, and in my opinion the right one. But I think the future consequences that come with taking them are enough reason for players to steer clear.

I can't help but feel like A-Rod is getting all this negative media just because he is A-Rod. If it was Clint Barmes (heaven forbid Clint Barmes is ever associated with steroids) no one would care. And that makes me feel bad for A-Rod, because like Celizic said...he still is one of the greatest players ever. Steroids or no steroids. I think it would be fair to release the other names, just because it was supposed to be secret. Now that one name is out, they might as well tell us the rest. I'm not sure I really WANT to know, but at the same time I am curious. But I have a feeling many of the same names will surface again.

Anyway... in a perfect world everyone would be clean and steroids wouldn't exist in baseball...but this is the real world and they're there. We just have to hope that players chose not to use them, because in the end there isn't much we can do about it. Rules get broken, that's just how it is. I agree that it is an issue that needs to be dealt with, but I can't say the best way for it to be done...but that isn't really my job.

keithbishop
02-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Wonderful post, Snap.

I have to stop looking into the past on cheating issues. The more I learn, the more I regret having learned.

As for "Clueless Bud", as the article referred to him ("Blameless Bud" works better ).... he just has to go. Now. The commissioner can't simply look the other way during years and years of steroid use in the sport. The media is no better. Allowing Selig to get away with claims of having no idea steroid use was rampant, then not only diving deeply into witch hunts for selected players, but grading the confession of one of the very few who came clean is embarrassing. Everyone in the sport is guilty: players, agents, coaches, trainers, union heads, and the commissioner. Without new leadership, little will change. If the commish won't lead, give us a new one.

Southstander
02-10-2009, 09:59 PM
http://multimedia.boston.com/m/21847771/tony_massarotti_talks_about_the_al_east.htm?pageid =16

Southstander
02-11-2009, 09:57 PM
As some of you know I write a blog on the daily history of the Red Sox, here is one of the facts for tomorrow, I think all of you will be intrested in it.

2007: The Major League Baseball Players Association asks the 9th U.S. Circuit of Appeals to reconsider its 2-1 ruling that allows the names and urine samples of 104 players who tested positive for performance enhancing drugs to be made available to authorities investigating the use of steroids in baseball. The 1993 samples were collected by Major League Baseball in an effort to gauge the level of steroid use with players and owners agreeing the results would remain confidential.
On February 7, 2009 Sports Illustrated broke the story that while with the Alex Rodriguez was one of the players that tested positive. Rodriguez later confirmed the report with ESPN Peter Gammons.

HurricaneDovs
02-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Yay!

Its almost time for another season of disappointment, heartbreak, overachieving, massive underachieving, and a complete and utter let down of an entire fan base.

Yeah, its good to be a Cubs fan. :rolleyes:

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
02-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Does anyone here play fantasy baseball?
I've played fantasy football for like 10 years now :laugh:
But never baseball.

And I'm gonna join a league for 30 bucks and have never done it before.
So I'm scareeeeeeeeed.

Should be fun though I guess. :dance:

Southstander
02-11-2009, 10:17 PM
Does anyone here play fantasy baseball?
I've played fantasy football for like 10 years now :laugh:
But never baseball.

And I'm gonna join a league for 30 bucks and have never done it before.
So I'm scareeeeeeeeed.

Should be fun though I guess. :dance:

I like girls so no, I do not do fantasy sports.

Southstander
02-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Yay!

Its almost time for another season of disappointment, heartbreak, overachieving, massive underachieving, and a complete and utter let down of an entire fan base.

Yeah, its good to be a Cubs fan. :rolleyes:

As Red Sox fan I know what that was like for to many years. Good luck to the Cubbies.

BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
02-11-2009, 10:21 PM
I like girls so no, I do not do fantasy sports.

:laugh: ... What South?

HurricaneDovs
02-11-2009, 11:15 PM
As Red Sox fan I know what that was like for to many years. Good luck to the Cubbies.

Thanks.

100 years!!! Why?! Whyyyyyyyyyyy?!!!!
Why couldnt the man stay in!? So the goat smelled funny. BIG DEAL! You see what you costed us fans of 1945? YOU SEE WHAT YOUVE DONE?!!!
At least Red Sox fans suffered a curse from an actual person. Ours is from a goat! Ill bet they call people that fail at something a "goat" for because of this whole incident!

:sad: :ugh: :(

Southstander
02-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Our "curse" was wrongly named. It should have been called "The curse of Harry Frazee"

Southstander
02-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Here is a question to all you "Seam Heads" out there. Who was the greatest hitter of All Time.

keithbishop
02-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Here is a question to all you "Seam Heads" out there. Who was the greatest hitter of All Time.

Bucky Dent. :rockon:

j/k, Mac. :D

Tough call. Greatest I've ever seen: George Brett. :salute!:

Southstander
02-12-2009, 02:37 PM
Bucky Dent. :rockon:

j/k, Mac. :D

Tough call. Greatest I've ever seen: George Brett. :salute!:

:fight: Bucky "Beeping Dent :fight:

LOL

I thinking of all time, my money is on....

I know you know who I will say KB.

Ted Williams.

keithbishop
02-12-2009, 02:42 PM
:fight: Bucky "Beeping Dent :fight:

LOL

I thinking of all time, my money is on....

I know you know who I will say KB.

Ted Williams.

Can't argue against Williams. Very tough call all time, so I stuck with the ones I've watched.

Great Bucky story:

When Don Zimmer joined the Yankees as a coach, he rented a house from Bucky. Every room in the house had a picture of the HR. Zimmer was getting more upset with each room he went through.... and ended up smashing the picture in the bath room. :D

Southstander
02-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Can't argue against Williams. Very tough call all time, so I stuck with the ones I've watched.

Great Bucky story:

When Don Zimmer joined the Yankees as a coach, he rented a house from Bucky. Every room in the house had a picture of the HR. Zimmer was getting more upset with each room he went through.... and ended up smashing the picture in the bath room. :D

Good for the Gerbil!!!

Southstander
02-12-2009, 09:39 PM
A good friend of mine wrote this on www.sawxheads.com I wanted to share it with all of you.

I think it is an outrage that Bud Selig is thinking about punishing Alex Rodriguez and other players that are brought to surface for using PED’s. Not only will this hinder other players from coming forward but he has no right to punish ANY OF THEM before he takes responsibility himself. This all stems back to the very beginning of his tenure as Commissioner of MLB. I know most are aware, but I will go through some of the incidents leading up to and through Selig’s role as commissioner:

Selig purchased the Seattle Pilots in 1970 then relocated and changed names to the Milwaukee Brewers. Selig and other owners were found to have committed collusion in the 85-87 seasons. The owners agreed to pay the players $280 million (due to the collusion), with the MLBPA deciding how to distribute the money to the damaged players. In 1990 Spring Training was canceled and Opening Day was pushed back due to the owners lock out. Fay Vincent was commissioner at the time. He held a vital role in bringing the 2 sides together and hashing out a plan that both could agree on. Later in that year Vincent issued a lifetime ban from baseball to George Steinbrenner for paying a small-time gambler to produce “dirt” on one of his ballplayers (Dave Winfield) in an effort to NOT pay part of his contract {I will get to the importance of this here in a second}. Baseball’s Drug Policy and Prevention Program was instituted by Commissioner Vincent in 1991 (banning steroids and all other illegal drugs from use by major league ball players). Vincent also issued a lifetime ban to Yankee pitcher Steve Howe in 1992 for repeatedly failing drug tests. Selig later headed the efforts to have Vincent removed as Commissioner. The biggest reason for the removal was the way Vincent intervened in the 1990 lockout and how he acted in a high-handed matter, especially in the Howe incident.

Okay so let me step in here. The owners ousted a Commissioner because he stepped in to mediate so the entire season did not have to be canceled. And also because he wanted to keep the game clean, huh, okay. Back to the facts:

After the owners gave Vincent an 18-9 no confidence vote in 1992, he resigned as Commissioner. Selig at that time was the chairman of Executive Council of Major League Baseball, and as such became acting commissioner. In 1992 (still his first year acting as Commissioner) Bud reinstated Mr. Steiniwhiny. In 1994, still with no official commissioner and one of their own in the acting role, the owners demanded a salary cap. The CBA had already run out and neither side would work with the other in compromise, as a result the MLBPA set a date for the players to strike. Unlike his predecessor, Selig would not act as the mediator and instead set a deadline for the players and owners to reach an agreement. On Sep 14, 1994 Major League Baseball became the first major US sport to lose an entire postseason due to a labor dispute when Commissioner Selig announced that the 1994 World Series was canceled. This matter drug out for months, again with out the acting Commissioner’s assistance, until President Bill Clinton stepped in and ordered both sides to resume negotiations. After an entire off season, still with no end in sight, Selig advised the public that, "We (MLB) are committed to playing the 1995 season and will do so with the best players willing to play." Thankfully the players voted to return to work on March 29th even though a CBA had not been agreed on. In 2005 Selig appointed George Mitchell as acting investigator to the use of steroids and performance enhancing drugs in Major League Baseball. Congressman Cliff Stearns said in December 2007 that Selig should resign because of use of performance enhancing drugs in baseball during his tenure.

Now ever since the ’94 players strike baseball has been living with a pretty bad black eye and a lot of fans have not been too accepting. In 1995 there were a few incidents of fans paying for airplanes to fly over stadiums with banners scrutinizing players and owners alike and other reports of people in attendance throwing dollar bills at players on the field. I honestly feel that the owners and Commissioners Office colluded to look the other way in regards to steroids and PED’s in efforts to “revive” baseball. They wanted a way to get fans back NOW so they could begin collecting the checks as they had in the past. If they would have simply allowed the game to save itself we would be no where near where we are today! Selig had every opportunity to set forth a drug testing and prevention policy, hell one was already set in place, but he CHOSE to do nothing about it. Does anyone else find it disconcerning that Steinbrenner was allowed back into baseball after his lifetime ban and then 22 of his players were listed in the Mitchell report.He allowed this problem to get to where it is today, and if Congress hadn’t stepped in he would still be doing so today. It is puzzling to me that he thinks he has any right to do anything but step down. He has cast such a horrendous shadow on this great game and has accepted none of the responsibility for its demise. I hope that each and every one of you that read this can join Johnny G, Chris and I in taking the time to write at least one letter or email in regards to Mr. Selig’s removal as MLB Commissioner.

The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball
Allan H. (Bud) Selig, Commissioner
245 Park Avenue, 31st Floor
New York, NY 10167

http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/story?storyId=1113601 (Mike and Mike, ESPN)

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/news/story?page=email_tirico (Tiriko and Van Pelt, ESPN)

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/news/story?page=email_erikkuselias (Erik Kuselias, ESPN)

http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/story?storyId=1360349 (The Baseball Show)

http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/story?page=mlbonespnradio (The MLB on ESPN radio)

keithbishop
02-13-2009, 08:51 AM
Exactly. It's sad to see Selig bluff (look at his history-- he isn't about to do anything) punishing A-Rod for confessing to the results of an anonymous test from 2003. The player's union would squish Blameless Bud like a bug should he attempt to do more than run his mouth about that one.

Think back about 10 years. A reporter runs a story about a bottle of andro in Mark McGwire's locker. The result: the reporter was blacklisted.
Media outrage at McGwire's blatant use: none
Selig's outrage: nonexistent.

All that mattered was that the stadiums were full as HR races allowed MLB to swiftly recover from the 1994 lockout. I'm still sickened by the ESPN The Magazine article of a few years back about Bonds. An FBI agent spent months trying to contact Selig about Bonds' steroid use. The agent's calls were never returned. Bud didn't care.

I'm sickened by A-Rod's story, but enough is enough. Change has to take place at the top of MLB : the commissioner's office, in order for the problem to vanish. Looking the other way for years and years doesn't get the job done.

The 2003 test results are going to be hard to deal with. I'm not sure it can be justified to release any more of the CONFIDENTIAL, COURT SEALED results. The man who leaked information on Bonds got a 2.5 year prison sentence. The same could certainly happen to the 4 sources on A-Rod's results.

Threatening to punish the first confession certainly isn't the way to encourage others to step forward. Asterisks in the record book (Bud suggests that for every record set from 1994 through ?? ) : not a bad idea, but the problem with that is that the innocent will be punished alongside with the guilty. Bud is bragging about the memo he sent out in 1997 stating that steroid use wouldn't be tolerated. Yeah, a memo. Not exactly cracking down, Bud.

After looking the other way for so long, there are no easy answers. The commissioner, player's union, agents, coaches/managers, trainers/medical staff, and players are guilty. There will be no change at the bottom until we see change at the top.

As for A-Rod, I don't want to see his name in the record books unless it is accompanied by an asterisk and I don't want to see him in the HOF. That being said, I've had more than enough of this witch hunt. It will only be worse when Selena Roberts book comes out in May. Among the highlights: she will accuse A-Rod of using drugs in high school and raise questions about his sexual preference. With those things in mind, I'm supposed to believe:
1. She has no agenda
2. She hasn't been stalking him for the past several years
3. Her 4 sources could only supply 1 name
4. The big story this week had nothing to do with book sales

Yeah........ and Blameless Bud has done everything humanly possible to stop steroid use in baseball.

I can't slam A-Rod any more, gang. I'll always be upset that he used PED's, but no one is willing to give me a believable answer of why steroid use has been widely accepted in the NFL ("everyone used something, so it's no big deal" "Football Player X was suspended for PED use?? When will his suspension end? WE NEED HIM ON THE TEAM!!" "WRs have to use something in order to block bigger, stronger defenders"), yet leads to a witch hunt in MLB. If a Barry Bonds or Roger Clemens refuses to confess, they deserve whatever they get. If someone admits to use, I don't have to accept his numbers, but I'm willing to forgive and move on, provided said player doesn't use PEDs in the future. Remaining angry at a player who confesses is understandable. Hating the player after his confession isn't something my morals and beliefs allow me to do.

I'm not going to grade someone's confession. Look at the real world. When was the last time a politician confessed to something before the media latched onto a story? Never. No, George Washington's cherry tree confession doesn't count.

I also have questions that are impossible to answer:
1. What was the extent of PED use in MLB in the 60's and 70's?
2. Amphetemine use is barred in MLB. How are amphetamine addicts from the 1940's and 50's viewed as "clean"? Are illegal amphetamines "better" than steroids? The same as steroids?

I don't want to know the answer to the 1st question. I have no idea on the 2nd.

Bronco51
02-13-2009, 09:31 AM
Bud is making himself look like an ass with implying he might punish A-Rod. If he does, he damn well better punish the other 103 players on that CONFIDENTIAL list!!! This guy is just killing the credibility of baseball. He shoudl really look at stepping down soon, and let a whole new regime clean up this crap.

keithbishop
02-14-2009, 09:03 AM
I can admit to being in denial over "clean" baseball in the 70's. Most
members of the media can't, but Rob Neyer and ShysterBall are exceptions:

Baseball, pure? Sacrifice the sanctimony

Friday, February 13, 2009 | Feedback | Print Entry

After quoting a silly column that argues that Alex Rodriguez has destroyed baseball's purity and sanctity, and that something must be done to restore those lofty attributes, ShysterBall applies the scalpel:

And now some definitional assistance:

Pure: (adjective) 1. free from what vitiates, weakens, or pollutes; 2. containing nothing that does not properly belong; 3. free from moral fault or guilt;

Sanctity: (noun) 1. holiness of life and character; 2. : the quality or state of being holy or sacred : inviolability

Restore: (transitive verb) 1. to give back; return; 2. to put or bring back into existence or use 3. to bring back to or put back into a former or original state

Someone please point me to a single time in the game's history where purity and sanctity existed, and if you can't, please explain to me how a state of affairs which never existed can possibly be "restored."

The steroid era has brought about enough problems which need to be fixed as it is. Why make the job harder by setting the goal so unreasonably and unprecedentedly high?

The key word here is "restore." Baseball writers tend to want to restore the game to the sanctified state of their youth. And if the baseball of their youth featured world-class athletes spending their entire careers as indentured servants? If the baseball of their youth was fueled by clubhouse jars loaded with amphetamines? If the baseball of their youth was populated by players snorting cocaine between innings?

No problem. The writers either didn't notice in the first place, or have selectively forgotten.

ShysterBall's Craig Calcaterra is dead solid right. Baseball, like every other human endeavor, has always found a place for ugliness and imperfection. For as long as baseball's been played, the writers have been predicting that today's ugliness might bring the game down … and yet here it is, 140 years later, still plugging along at a furious clip.

And yet I can promise you that in 10 years we'll be hearing the same tired lament about something else that's going to kill baseball. For sure this time.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3905658&name=Neyer_Rob

Again, I'm upset by last week's story and am not opposed to seeing asterisks in the record books. I have to admit to being stunned to see Hank Aaron doesn't share that opinion.

Aaron wouldn't change record ESPN.com news services

Hank Aaron told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Friday he believes the home run record belongs to Barry Bonds and it should stay that way.

The former career home run leader does not want MLB to change the record books because of the steroid era.

"In all fairness to everybody, I just don't see how you really can do a thing like that and just say somebody isn't the record holder anymore, and let's go back to the way that it was," Aaron told the Journal-Constitution Friday, referring to the controversy involving Bonds, Mark McGwire, Alex Rodriguez and other players who have been linked to performance enhancing drugs.

"If you did that, you'd have to go back and change all kinds of records, and the [home run] record was very important to me. It's probably the most hallowed record out there, as far as I'm concerned, but it's now in the hands of somebody else. It belongs to Barry."

Aaron said trying to decide which players should be held accountable is tough.

"Really, it's sort of a tricky call when you start going down that road of who is legitimate," Aaron told the Journal-Constitution. "I don't know if Barry would have hit as many home runs or hit them as far -- if that's the case that he did use steroids -- but I still don't think it has anything to do with him having the kind of baseball career that he had.

"He could have had an excellent career, regardless of what he did. So it would be something that I don't think the commissioner would like to get involved in, really. There are things out there besides worrying about a home run record that somebody now holds. Barry has the record, and I don't think anybody can change that."
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3906864

I want to see PED use vanish from MLB. We all do. I'm one of the crazy ones who admits the NFL has had the same problem for the last 40 years. Despite my anger at players in both sports, I just can't join the ranks of the holier than thou. For reasons I can't begin to understand, Bud Selig is at the front of the line.

keithbishop
02-15-2009, 01:43 PM
This blows:

5 days before A-Rod's story broke, ESP suspended Scott Van Pelt for his negative comments on Blameless Bud. http://deadspin.com/5148743/
The article has an audio link, which doesn't contain anything worse than what is said about players on a regular basis. Badmouth players = good. Badmouth Bud = suspension? Way to go, ESPN. :rolleyes:

Van Pelt criticized Selig's salary and role in steroid use in the sport.

Southstander
02-16-2009, 01:49 AM
That stinks he can not have has own opnion.

This reminds me of when ESPN cancled that one football show, because the NFL did not like it, and they where trying to get MNF.

Snapping Turtle
02-16-2009, 05:50 PM
Well, I must say that I've noticed a slight skip in my step now that spring training has started. :laugh:

Southstander
02-16-2009, 06:03 PM
The sun is shinning a little brighter.

Snapping Turtle
02-16-2009, 07:07 PM
The sun is shinning a little brighter.

I think I heard some birds chirping today!

keithbishop
02-17-2009, 11:22 AM
:halo: Blameless Bud speaks: :halo:

:halo:"I don't want to hear the commissioner turned a blind eye to this or he didn't care about it," Selig told Newsday in a Monday phone interview. "That annoys the you-know-what out of me. You bet I'm sensitive to the criticism.

"The reason I'm so frustrated is, if you look at our whole body of work, I think we've come farther than anyone ever dreamed possible," he said, adding, "I honestly don't know how anyone could have done more than we've already done.":halo:

More lies from the worst commissioner in pro sports. Bud claims to have pushed hard for PED testing in 1995, but fails to explain why he didn't take advantage of the perfect opportunity to force it: the 1994 lockout. If he desperately wanted testing, play would not have resumed until an agreement was in place. Everyone in the game is responsible for the mess : the players, owners, coaches/managers, trainers/team medical staffs, players union, and league executives. According to Blameless Bud, however, it's just the players and players union. Sure, Bud, you had nothing to do with it.

saltybuggah
02-17-2009, 11:30 AM
Blameless Bud speaks:

"I don't want to hear the commissioner turned a blind eye to this or he didn't care about it," Selig told Newsday in a Monday phone interview. "That annoys the you-know-what out of me. You bet I'm sensitive to the criticism.

"The reason I'm so frustrated is, if you look at our whole body of work, I think we've come farther than anyone ever dreamed possible," he said, adding, "I honestly don't know how anyone could have done more than we've already done."

what has bud done on his own to clean up this sport...:confused:

on espn 1st take, i forget who was on,but they made great points in saying that bud along with everyone else was pushed into acting upon these steroid allegations... they really didnt do anything about this because they wanted to "clean up" the game themselves... they were pushed into doing it by the government...

bud you can say you dont know how anyone could of done more ONLY if you were the one spearheading this operation to clean it up.... you are now just following orders and not the one in charge anymore...

keithbishop
02-17-2009, 11:35 AM
what has bud done on his own to clean up this sport...:confused:

on espn 1st take, i forget who was on,but they made great points in saying that bud along with everyone else was pushed into acting upon these steroid allegations... they really didnt do anything about this because they wanted to "clean up" the game themselves... they were pushed into doing it by the government...

bud you can say you dont know how anyone could of done more ONLY if you were the one spearheading this operation to clean it up.... you are now just following orders and not the one in charge anymore...

Exactly. Nothing happened until congress got involved. Why in the hell should congress be involved? MLB should have cleaned up its own mess.

keithbishop
02-17-2009, 11:37 AM
On a positive note: best of luck to Ken Griffey, Jr. with the Braves in 2009.
:salute:

Snapping Turtle
02-17-2009, 11:43 AM
On a positive note: best of luck to Ken Griffey, Jr. with the Braves in 2009.
:salute:

Way to go KB, positive is best. :) I'm happy for Griffey....it just sucks we have to play him. :laugh:

PS are you watching ARod's press conference??

keithbishop
02-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Way to go KB, positive is best. :) I'm happy for Griffey....it just sucks we have to play him. :laugh:

PS are you watching ARod's press conference??

Oops, that was a false rumor. Good luck with the Braves or Mariners, Jr. :salute!:

Yeah, I'm watching.

Snapping Turtle
02-17-2009, 12:08 PM
Oops, that was a false rumor. Good luck with the Braves or Mariners, Jr. :salute!:

Yeah, I'm watching.

Yeah, he is still deciding...but I'm pretty sure he will go to Atlanta.

Geez, this makes me feel bad for him. Poor guy...I don't agree with steroids, but I can't help but feel bad for him. I don't like how he has been singled out. :(

keithbishop
02-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Yeah, he is still deciding...but I'm pretty sure he will go to Atlanta.

Geez, this makes me feel bad for him. Poor guy...I don't agree with steroids, but I can't help but feel bad for him. I don't like how he has been singled out. :(

Hopefully today goes a long ways to slowing down the story, but I'm afraid it won't. He's going to answer a ton of questions, but none of his answers will be viewed as good enough by the media. His every word and expression will be graded by reporters, many of whom have already decided to bury him.

What I hate is the fact that Selena Roberts is moving her book release date up to April 14th, 2 days before the Yankees home opener. Among the lowlights: she will accuse him of using drugs in high school and question his sexual preferences. No one deserves that, specifically the latter. Tabloid journalism at its absolute worst. I'm sickened to see Buster Olney constantly applaud Roberts' writing.

Snapping Turtle
02-17-2009, 12:21 PM
Hopefully today goes a long ways to slowing down the story, but I'm afraid it won't. He's going to answer a ton of questions, but none of his answers will be viewed as good enough by the media. His every word and expression will be graded by reporters, many of whom have already decided to bury him.

What I hate is the fact that Selena Roberts is moving her book release date up to April 14th, 2 days before the Yankees home opener. Among the lowlights: she will accuse him of using drugs in high school and question his sexual preferences. No one deserves that, specifically the latter. Tabloid journalism at its absolute worst. I'm sickened to see Buster Olney constantly applaud Roberts' writing.

I believe him. I turned this on telling myself that he is going to try and make us forgive him...and dammit. I have. I can't help but feel despite his issues, he is being sincere.

And yeah. I can't believe that book. I honestly cannot believe it. I really hope it doesn't sell, but you know it will.

Southstander
02-17-2009, 05:58 PM
I hate to say it but I cannot shake the feeling that Mo Vaughn is one of the 103.

nbaballer913
02-17-2009, 11:01 PM
Saw these funny quotes from IT IS HIGH, IT IS FAR, IT IS... caught:

U.S. Economy: "I was juicing between 2001 and 2006."
Brian Cashman: "No, I didn't sign Pavano. My Dominican cousin did it."
Manny: "Test results? I never took no SAT, Papi. Did you? Let's ask Youk and Justin if they did!"

sorry about the last one Boston fans, not intended to be an insult to the Sox, and it's not as funny as the 1st two.

Snapping Turtle
02-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Here (http://lateshow.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/video_player/index/php/978689.phtml)

is something funny for the baseball fans. I hope the link works. If not let me know.

nbaballer913
02-18-2009, 07:53 PM
Thanks for that link snap...i havent been watching the late show recently show I've missed a lot of things but that pretty funny

Southstander
02-19-2009, 06:06 AM
Here (http://lateshow.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/video_player/index/php/978689.phtml)

is something funny for the baseball fans. I hope the link works. If not let me know.

Thanks.:salute:

Southstander
02-19-2009, 06:28 AM
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2009/02/19/ruling_in_favor_of_judgment/?page=1

Great article by Bob Ryan of the Boston Globe.

Southstander
02-19-2009, 06:50 AM
http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/BDD_AR_youthgame.jpg

keithbishop
02-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Best of luck to Ken Griffey, Jr. in his now official return to the Mariners. :salute:

Had to share this one:
The Royals claimed infielder Tug Hulett off waivers from the Mariners.
Love that name!! Go Tug!!

nbaballer913
02-19-2009, 04:22 PM
Best of luck to Ken Griffey, Jr. in his now official return to the Mariners. :salute:

Had to share this one:
The Royals claimed infielder Tug Hulett off waivers from the Mariners.
Love that name!! Go Tug!!

kinda wished the yanks had tried getting him...wouldn't be worse than Berroa/Ransom

Southstander
02-19-2009, 06:28 PM
kinda wished the yanks had tried getting him...wouldn't be worse than Berroa/Ransom

They tried once in the past, before he was a broken down shell. He told them NO!!! He was still mad that when his dad was in Strips, and he was not left allowed into the clubhouse to play.

nbaballer913
02-19-2009, 06:52 PM
They tried once in the past, before he was a broken down shell. He told them NO!!! He was still mad that when his dad was in Strips, and he was not left allowed into the clubhouse to play.

according to wiki, his dad was never in pinstripes...

Southstander
02-19-2009, 06:59 PM

Hmmm I heard Rome say that at one point.

Southstander
02-19-2009, 08:54 PM
Snap I figured you and the rest of us seamheads would get a kick out of this..

A few weeks back I was talking with a friend that to put it nicely is 2 strikes short of a out. I told her that I was looking forward to spring training. Her response was "What are you training for?"

Apoc13
02-20-2009, 09:54 AM

who? ken griffey sr? he definitely was a yankee...or am i not understanding

Southstander
02-20-2009, 12:19 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Griffey,_Sr.

He was with the Yankees from 1982-1986.

keithbishop
02-20-2009, 07:34 PM

So wiki wants to make me feel old? :sad:

Among the horde of players signed, traded for, or brought up from the minors in that period were:

Ken Griffey Sr.
Dave Collins
Bye Bye Balboni
Don Baylor
Dale Berra
Jay Buhner (Why in the hell did we trade him??)
Doug Drabek (Why in the hell did we trade him??)
Donnie Baseball
Bobby Meacham
Mike Pagliarulo
Butch Wynegar
Dave Winfield
Shane Rawley
Roy Smalley
Ed Whitson
Andre Robertson

Southstander
02-20-2009, 11:27 PM
So wiki wants to make me feel old? :sad:

Among the horde of players signed, traded for, or brought up from the minors in that period were:

Ken Griffey Sr.
Dave Collins
Bye Bye Balboni
Don Baylor
Dale Berra
Jay Buhner (Why in the hell did we trade him??)
Doug Drabek (Why in the hell did we trade him??)
Donnie Baseball
Bobby Meacham
Mike Pagliarulo
Butch Wynegar
Dave Winfield
Shane Rawley
Roy Smalley
Ed Whitson
Andre Robertson

Yet another player that played for both the Sox and the Yanks.

nbaballer913
02-20-2009, 11:52 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Griffey,_Sr.

He was with the Yankees from 1982-1986.

i see...this was all an misunderstanding. I was talking about we should have tried to get Tug Hulett as KB reported that he was claimed by the Royals. However, in that same post, KB also referred to Griffey Jr.. South thought I was talking about signing Junior and told me that little story. Unbeknownst to me, I thought he was talking about Hulett's dad.

Since we've got this cleared up now...yea, i heard a similar story about junior and his dad south.

Southstander
02-20-2009, 11:54 PM
The sign in your sig was taken by Jeter.

nbaballer913
02-21-2009, 12:23 AM
The sign in your sig was taken by Jeter.

yea i heard...lucky guy. I wanted that sign a lot but im going get a replica sign soon

Southstander
02-21-2009, 12:35 AM
I am suprised that Steinbrenner did not take it.

We are a little over 4 days till the first Spring Training game.

Bronco51
02-26-2009, 12:42 PM
It's real refreshing to see actual baseball highlights on tv again. I can't wait to head to Florida to see my beloved Phillies play some games this spring. Thank goodness baseball is back!!:rockon:

I_Only_Like_Jay
02-26-2009, 04:49 PM
BASEBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HurricaneDovs
02-26-2009, 04:53 PM
Dear Chicago Cubs,

WIN A FLIPPIN WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!

Signed,
Everyone that has ever been a Cubs fan.

saltybuggah
02-26-2009, 05:51 PM
Dear Chicago Cubs,

WIN A FLIPPIN WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!

Signed,
Everyone that has ever been a Cubs fan.
hey look even Steve Bartman signed this :laugh::laugh:

Southstander
02-26-2009, 07:41 PM
It is great to have Baseball back.

Southstander
02-26-2009, 10:01 PM
Manny and his agent must have their heads so far up their butts. They need to wake up and smell the coffee. After what he pulled in Boston for the defending World Champions, when they where one of the favorites to win the Series last year. NO ONE wants him. HE WILL NOT GET $100 Mill. Teams are wise to him.

To be honest it breaks my heart. I will always love and respect him for what he did to get us the 2 rings. I wish that BorAss did not taint him.

HurricaneDovs
02-27-2009, 12:16 AM
hey look even Steve Bartman signed this :laugh::laugh:

Bartman is praying for the day the Cubs win the WS. Cause then he can come out of that bunker he's been hiding in since 03 and walk amongst us again.

keithbishop
02-27-2009, 08:37 AM
Manny Ramirez Rumors: Friday
By Drew Silva [February 27 at 9:21am CST]
According to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times, deferred payments were the key issue in Manny Ramirez's rejection of the Dodgers' most recent offer. As Hernandez explains,

Under the terms of the contract that Ramirez was offered by the Dodgers on Wednesday, he would've received $10 million this year. And by exercising the option for the second year, he would've received $10 million in 2010.

Ramirez, who turns 37 in May, would've been paid the remaining $25 million over the next three years without any added interest. He would've received $10 million in 2011, $10 million in 2012 and $5 million in 2013 .

Scott Boras made a counter offer using the same basic language and numbers of the club's two-year, $45MM offer, but without the deferred payments. Boras told the Dodgers that they have until noon to strike a deal.
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Now the rejection makes sense. $10 mil. a year for 2 years plus $25 mil. deferred without interest isn't a good offer. The Dodgers can't cry poverty. It was a pathetic offer.

saltybuggah
02-27-2009, 08:44 AM
Manny Ramirez Rumors: Friday
By Drew Silva [February 27 at 9:21am CST]
According to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times, deferred payments were the key issue in Manny Ramirez's rejection of the Dodgers' most recent offer. As Hernandez explains,

Under the terms of the contract that Ramirez was offered by the Dodgers on Wednesday, he would've received $10 million this year. And by exercising the option for the second year, he would've received $10 million in 2010.

Ramirez, who turns 37 in May, would've been paid the remaining $25 million over the next three years without any added interest. He would've received $10 million in 2011, $10 million in 2012 and $5 million in 2013 .

Scott Boras made a counter offer using the same basic language and numbers of the club's two-year, $45MM offer, but without the deferred payments. Boras told the Dodgers that they have until noon to strike a deal.
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Now the rejection makes sense. $10 mil. a year for 2 years plus $25 mil. deferred without interest isn't a good offer. The Dodgers can't cry poverty. It was a pathetic offer.
yeah...

i also heard espn talking about this...

they are now spinning the story round and round... they said that people should be aware that Manny isnt the one always turning down the offers presented to him... his agent (as stated above) is counteroffering the dodgers and they are turning it down... now when it hits the media they always say that Manny turned the offer down and not the dodgers...

i guess Manny's agent probably contacted ESPN to get this out so Manny doenst look like the bad guy all the time..

that offer did stink.. everybody thought Manny was getting $25 mil the 1st year... making him the 2nd highest player in MLB today but the truth be told he wasnt going to be the 2nd the way the numbers worked over time...

I_Only_Like_Jay
02-27-2009, 10:34 AM
I prefer Manny Ramirez to be no where near the Rockies, so if he got the heck out of the Dodgers, I would be happy. The Rockies play the Dodgers too much and something about Manny just irks me. I think it has to do with his behavior on the field, his stupid batting helmet that won't stay on his head during base running and the fact that he was on the Red Sox when they beat the Rockies in the World Series.

Southstander
02-27-2009, 05:13 PM
I hate the 12 inches of pinetar he used to cover the Boston B.

nbaballer913
02-28-2009, 02:03 PM
"Free-agent pitcher Juan Cruz, caught in an unusual vise of rules and economy this offseason, has agreed to a two-year, $5.5 millon deal with the Kansas City Royals with a club option for a third, sources said Saturday.

Cruz will receive $2.25 million for 2009, $3.25 million for 2010, and a $4 million team option for 2011 in the deal, with a $500,000 buyout." - ESPN

kinda wished the Yanks could have gotten him later. Im surprised he even got that much money.

Southstander
03-02-2009, 11:00 PM
As most of you know I do a daily blog on the history of the Red Sox. Here is an odd fact for tomorrow I came across.

2008: Noah Lowry throws 24 pitches before a batter takes a swing in the Giants' 6-4 loss to Texas. The 28-year old right-hander, who goes through order once without an official at-bat being recorded, a combination of walks and sacrifice flies, issues nine base-on-balls to the first 12 Rangers he faces.

Southstander
01-20-2010, 05:57 PM
With pitchers and catchers reporting soon, I figured it was time to bump up this thread.

Snapping Turtle
01-20-2010, 08:12 PM
With pitchers and catchers reporting soon, I figured it was time to bump up this thread.

Great idea! I just ordered tickets to two Rockies games! One on the home opening Sunday and I am very excited. According to my little count down, 74 days until Opening Day!!

Are you excited for your boys to get swept at Coors South? :P

Southstander
01-21-2010, 04:35 PM
Great idea! I just ordered tickets to two Rockies games! One on the home opening Sunday and I am very excited. According to my little count down, 74 days until Opening Day!!

Are you excited for your boys to get swept at Coors South? :P

I am excited to see my team in person. Hopfully I can get tickets with my next check.

Bronco51
01-21-2010, 08:13 PM
I am excited to see my team in person. Hopfully I can get tickets with my next check.

I think the Red Sox series in Colorado sold out this morning.

Southstander
01-21-2010, 09:37 PM
I think the Red Sox series in Colorado sold out this morning.

Looks like I will have to use a scalper.

Southstander
03-24-2010, 05:11 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2010/03/mlb_condenses_p.html

Major League Baseball has condensed the scheduling format for the 2010 League Championship Series by eliminating the off-day in between Games Four and Five of each series, Baseball Commissioner Allan H. (Bud) Selig announced today. An off-day had preceded Game Five of both League Championship Series from 2007-2009.
The elimination of the off-day during the middle portion of the League Championship Series is the first implementation of change based on a recommendation from the Special Committee for On-Field Matters, which was formed by Commissioner Selig in December.

Since the parameters for the 2010 postseason schedule had already been established, the elimination of the off-day during the League Championship Series represents the first step that can be taken at this time. Additional suggestions from the Committee will be considered, beginning for the 2011 season, in an effort to make the postseason schedule more closely resemble the scheduling that takes place during the regular season.

“The Special Committee for On-Field Matters is examining a wide variety of topics and issues and additional announcements will be forthcoming,” said Commissioner Selig. “Scheduling is a key area in which the members have expressed many interesting ideas and opinions. The removal of the off-day during both League Championship Series marks the first step in a process that will ultimately result in an improved postseason format for our game.”

Major League Baseball’s 2010 postseason is scheduled to start with three Division Series games in play on Wednesday, October 6th. The League Championship Series will begin on Friday, October 15 with Game One of the ALCS, while Saturday, October 16 will feature Game One of the NLCS and Game Two of the ALCS. Game One of the 2010 World Series is slated to begin on Wednesday, October 27.

Personaly I think the "Fall Classic" sould not last into November.

Snapping Turtle
03-24-2010, 05:21 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2010/03/mlb_condenses_p.html

Personaly I think the "Fall Classic" sould not last into November.

You would rather baseball season end sooner?! Not me, extend it to January!!!

Southstander
03-24-2010, 05:23 PM
You would rather baseball season end sooner?! Not me, extend it to January!!!

Well, when you put it that way......

Season starts Jan 1st ends Dec 31st.:D

Snapping Turtle
03-24-2010, 05:25 PM
Well, when you put it that way......

Season starts Jan 1st ends Dec 31st.:D

Those poor players. :laugh:

I admit, I would miss spring training, there's something special about this time of year!:salute:

Southstander
03-24-2010, 05:34 PM
It's a time when hope springs. A time when teams like the Pirates can for a moment feel like this is their year.

Snapping Turtle
03-24-2010, 06:00 PM
It's a time when hope springs. A time when teams like the Pirates can for a moment feel like this is their year.

Aww poor Pirates. :(

Southstander
03-24-2010, 06:09 PM
Aww poor Pirates. :(

Untill recently the Phillys where horrid too. Poor Pennsylvina.

HurricaneDovs
03-24-2010, 09:50 PM

Haha. Pirates.

Oh wait....Im a Cubs fan.

:sad:

Southstander
03-31-2010, 05:46 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/gallery/2010/03_24_10_mazz_rankings?pg=2

By Tony Massarotti

National League

16. Pirates

Oh, the Pirates have some decent young pitchers and some talented young players, but get real. They've had 17 straight losing seasons. That isn't going to change. Isn't this the worst franchise in baseball?

15. Nationals

Last year, they lost as many games (103) as the Yankees won. So why aren't they ranked last? Because at least the Nationals have some promise, even with phenom Stephen Strasburg starting in Double A. There is now some good young talent there.

14. Padres

For as much ridicule as the Padres endured last season, they ended up with 75 wins, which isn't that bad. Over-under on the trading of Adrian Gonzalez: July 15. The leader in the clubhouse: the Red Sox.

13. Astros

Some of us have come to the conclusion that Houston is among the most anonymous teams in the major leagues. The older guys are getting old and the younger guys aren't getting a lot better. Not a good mix.

12. Diamondbacks

This assessment comes with the disclaimer that if Brandon Webb returns to form, all bets are off. The problem is that the NL West is competitive and the D'backs aren't as good as the Rockies, Dodgers or Giants.

11. Brewers

The fantasy geeks will love the Brewers because Prince Fielder, Ryan Braun, and Yovani Gallardo, among others, will put up some nice numbers. But know what? The Brewers won't win much more than they did a year ago, when they went 80-82.

10. Marlins

If it looks like a .500 team, smells like a .500 team and tastes like a .500 team ... it's a .500 team. Don't be fooled by the 87 wins last year. Wishful thinkers: start pining now for Hanley Ramirezs' return to Boston.

9. Mets

OK, so maybe the Mets won't win it all. But they're not as bad as everyone thinks, either. David Wright, Jason Bay, Carlos Beltran (when he returns), Jose Reyes, Johan Santana, Francisco Rodriguez. That's a lot of talent.

8. Reds

Surprised? Don't be. Reds have made some nice improvements and could be one of the surprise teams in the NL. Nobody is suggesting they'll win 95 games. But it doesn't take much to contend for the wild card in the NL, a.k.a. Quadruple A.

7. Cubs

Remember what the Red Sox were before they won the 2004 World Series? That is what the Cubs are now -- a collection of players more than they are a team. If it ever comes together, they could be good. But will it?

6. Braves

Could be the White Sox of the National League. The Braves tweaked their roster to add some offense, and their pitching staff remains deep despite a relative overhaul. If they stay healthy, they could make a run.

5. Giants

We all love the pitching staff. If Aubrey Huff, Mark DeRosa and Freddy Sanchez (acquired late last season) help the offense at all, the Giants could win the West. Intriguing team here. Long live The Freak.

4. Dodgers

Moves or no moves, the Dodgers still have a very good roster. Here's the question: If the Dodgers tank, will divorcing owners Frank and Jamie McCourt fight for ownership? Or will they fight to dump the team?

3. Rockies

After opening the season 20-32, the Rockies went 72-36 in their next 108 games. That's a .667 winning percentage. Still, remember that we're talking about the National League here. It's a socialistic society beneath the Big 2.

2. Cardinals

Late last season, during a period that generally coincided with the arrival of Matt Holliday, the Cardinals went 31-9 over a span of 40 games. They're not as good as the Phils, but they're better than everyone else.

1. Phillies

With two straight World Series appearances, the Phils are now eligible for induction into the AL. On paper, no team beyond the Cardinals even comes close. If the Phils, with new ace Halladay, miss the playoffs, it will be a shock.

Southstander
03-31-2010, 05:56 PM
American League

14. Indians

How the mighty have fallen, eh? Slightly more than two years ago, the Indians held a 3-1 lead over the Red Sox in the AL Championship Series. Now they're dog food. Lots of eyes will be on LeBron James and the Cavs this spring.

13. Blue Jays

Now that Roy Halladay is gone, here's a question: Who is worth watching on this team? The Jays are going young, and you know what that means. The Red Sox better win every game they can against these guys.

12. Orioles

Oh, they're getting better, and the lineup actually isn't half-bad. The O's might actually climb out of the AL East basement this year, but their pitching is still years away. The Sox, Yanks, and Rays will slaughter them.

11. A's

Oakland just hasn't been the same since breaking up the Big Three of Tim Hudson, Mark Mulder and Barry Zito, though the A's do have some good young pitching. But take a good look at that lineup. Yeesh.

10. Royals

Incredible, isn't it? The Royals had the American League Cy Young Award winner last season (Zack Greinke) and they still won just 65 games. Since 1993, the Royals have one winning season. But at least they have Greinke.

9. Rangers

Can't you just see it now? After an encouraging 2009, the Rangers disappoint in 2010. When Rich Harden gets hurt, inquiring minds will ask manager Ron Washington the obvious question: "When you signed him, were you on drugs?"

8. Tigers

Do you realize that Johnny Damon has been to the postseason six times in the last seven years, the lone exception being 2008? Damon now plays for the Tigers, who seemed to run sideways this offseason. Sideways = mediocre.

7. White Sox

Now here's the team that many people may be overlooking. The White Sox have a deep and talented roster, and they play in a soft division. Don't be surprised if the wild card comes out of the AL Central this year.

6. Mariners

The flavor of the month has a fearsome 1-2 punch in Felix Hernandez and Cliff Lee at the head of the rotation, but the lineup is devoid of power. That may not matter at Safeco Field. But it will make a difference on the road.

5. Angels

So they lost John Lackey, Chone Figgins and Vladimir Guerrero. The Angels might not be as good as they have been in recent years, but they're still as good as anyone else in the division. Aren't they?

4. Twins

Before the Joe Nathan injury, they might very well have cracked the top three. Regardless, they are still very good. By the way, are any Bostonians still holding out hope that Joe Mauer will be in Boston next year?

3. Rays

Good rotation, good lineup, good defense, good bench. As for the bullpen, Tampa went out and acquired closer Rafael Soriano in hopes of stabilizing the bullpen. If everything clicks, it could be 2008 all over again.

2. Red Sox

Let's be clear: No one ever suggested they'd be bad. What we have said, from Day 1, is that it's questionable how much they have improved. They'll kill bad and mediocre competition. But what about the good teams?

1. Yankees

The reigning world champions won 103 games last season, then got a little younger in the lineup (Curtis Granderson) and deeper in the rotation (Javier Vazquez). Until further notice, they remain the team to beat.

HurricaneDovs
03-31-2010, 06:14 PM
Thats about as accurate an assessment of the Cubs as one could find. And until that changes we are going to keep seeing years go by with no title.

Thats been Chicago's problem for a couple years now.

Snapping Turtle
03-31-2010, 06:52 PM
I'm happy to say that this week's Sports Illustrated is full of baseball! Finally! Troy Tulowitzki is on the cover....well kinda. Mainly its Big Roy as the folks here in Arvada call him. :)

Southstander
03-31-2010, 07:11 PM
I'm happy to say that this week's Sports Illustrated is full of baseball! Finally! Troy Tulowitzki is on the cover....well kinda. Mainly its Big Roy as the folks here in Arvada call him. :)

Had he gone to the Sox, like I was hoping, I so would have got an A-West Jersey (and I went Arvada).

Snapping Turtle
03-31-2010, 07:13 PM
Had he gone to the Sox, like I was hoping, I so would have got an A-West Jersey (and I went Arvada).

My parents went to Arvada. :P My brothers are Awest boys. I however went to neither. :P

So...question to anyone who wants to answer it. Who is your favorite player NOT on your team? Or players...because I know I like a lot! :D

Southstander
03-31-2010, 07:21 PM
My parents went to Arvada. :P My brothers are Awest boys. I however went to neither. :P

So...question to anyone who wants to answer it. Who is your favorite player NOT on your team? Or players...because I know I like a lot! :D

Tulo
Helton (I one time told Jerry McMorris to his face if he trades him I will steal his dog).
Johnny Damon (Yes he is a former Sox, but the key word is former:D)
Holladay
I respect Jeter, but it is hard to like him if you are a Sox fan.
I liked Ripken when he played.

Snapping Turtle
03-31-2010, 07:35 PM
Tulo
Helton (I one time told Jerry McMorris to his face if he trades him I will steal his dog).
Johnny Damon (Yes he is a former Sox, but the key word is former:D)
Holladay
I respect Jeter, but it is hard to like him if you are a Sox fan.
I liked Ripken when he played.

Good list South! I can't say I agree with your Johnny Damon choice, but I bet you could have guessed that.

I'll root for Matt Holliday to do great things wherever he goes since he's from our farm...but I admit to cracking up when he missed that catch in the playoffs. :laugh: I'll root for Garrett Atkins in Baltimore as well, you'll be seeing a lot more of him...I hope he's a hard out for your team. :D

Aside from former Rockies these are the players I love to watch:

James Loney
Mark Teixeira
Grady Sizemore (:kiss:)
Roy Halladay (of course!)
Derek Jeter
Yunel Escobar

Okay the list is getting too long. I could add a bunch more.

Who are your LEAST favorite players??? :laugh:

Southstander
03-31-2010, 07:38 PM
A-Rod! For many reasons.
Jason Giambi (His Golden Thong)
Eric Byrnes
Gagne.
Are a few that come to mind

Snapping Turtle
03-31-2010, 07:41 PM
A-Rod! For many reasons.
Jason Giambi (His Golden Thong)
Eric Byrnes
Gagne.
Are a few that come to mind

I kinda love A-Rod. :sad:

And I honestly hated Jason Giambi until he became a member of my team. I've gotten to learn a lot more about him and I really adore him now. I would really love to meet him at photo day!

My dislike list:
Eric Byrnes
Big Papi :sick:
Eric Byrnes
Man Ram
Eric Byrnes
Chipper Jones

Southstander
03-31-2010, 07:44 PM
I kinda love A-Rod. :sad:

And I honestly hated Jason Giambi until he became a member of my team. I've gotten to learn a lot more about him and I really adore him now. I would really love to meet him at photo day!

My dislike list:
Eric Byrnes
Big Papi :sick:
Eric Byrnes
Man Ram
Eric Byrnes
Chipper Jones

Why do you not like Papi? Are there Sox players you like, Other then Clay?

Snapping Turtle
03-31-2010, 07:55 PM
Why do you not like Papi? Are there Sox players you like, Other then Clay?

There's something about Ortiz that has always bugged me. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe its the name Big Papi. :laugh:

I dunno about actually liking any guys on your team. I think Papelbon is a riot though. :laugh: A lot of people here don't like him, but we would have celebrated if we had won, so meh. I won't hold it against the guy. Mike Lowell always seemed like a nice guy...Youk's cool too. But I don't specifically cheer on anyone on that team.

I can think of more Yankees that I like than BoSox, but you probably knew that. :D

Oh...and I only want Clay for his last name. I want a set. :P

Southstander
03-31-2010, 08:06 PM
There's something about Ortiz that has always bugged me. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe its the name Big Papi. :laugh:

I dunno about actually liking any guys on your team. I think Papelbon is a riot though. :laugh: A lot of people here don't like him, but we would have celebrated if we had won, so meh. I won't hold it against the guy. Mike Lowell always seemed like a nice guy...Youk's cool too. But I don't specifically cheer on anyone on that team.

I can think of more Yankees that I like than BoSox, but you probably knew that. :D

Oh...and I only want Clay for his last name. I want a set. :P

Clay has the potental to be a great #3 pitcher, then again I can see him (mainly becasue I have) see him flaming out.

What about Pedroia. To me he has everything (excpept size) a team could want in a player. He busts his butt on every play.

Snapping Turtle
03-31-2010, 08:08 PM
Clay has the potental to be a great #3 pitcher, then again I can see him (mainly becasue I have) see him flaming out.

What about Pedroia. To me he has everything (excpept size) a team could want in a player. He busts his butt on every play.

He's okay. I don't hate him. :P

Southstander
03-31-2010, 08:12 PM
He's okay. I don't hate him. :P

If he where a Rockie I KNOW you would love him.

~~~
Three days, 21 Hours and 1 Min till Opening Night.

Snapping Turtle
03-31-2010, 08:22 PM
If he where a Rockie I KNOW you would love him.

~~~
Three days, 21 Hours and 1 Min till Opening Night.

But he isn't. And if he came to our team I would loathe every gut in his body. We've got a second baseman.

Southstander
03-31-2010, 08:27 PM
But he isn't. And if he came to our team I would loathe every gut in his body. We've got a second baseman.

Even if he where to move to third or replace Todd when he retires?

Snapping Turtle
03-31-2010, 08:34 PM
Even if he where to move to third or replace Todd when he retires?

I'd be more okay with him replacing Todd than playing third. Stew's solid at third.

Southstander
03-31-2010, 08:41 PM
I would love to see Tulo come to Boston. Even though I now it would give you yet another reason to hate on my Sox.

Snapping Turtle
03-31-2010, 08:43 PM
I would love to see Tulo come to Boston. Even though I now it would give you yet another reason to hate on my Sox.

I would be close to committing suicide.

Southstander
03-31-2010, 08:52 PM
I would be close to committing suicide.

Then I do not want him.

Snapping Turtle
03-31-2010, 08:54 PM
Then I do not want him.

Good! I would never do such a thing btw, but I would definitely cry if we traded him. :(

Southstander
03-31-2010, 08:57 PM
Good! I would never do such a thing btw, but I would definitely cry if we traded him. :(

I was heartbroken when Damon went to the "Empire".

Snapping Turtle
03-31-2010, 09:05 PM
I was heartbroken when Damon went to the "Empire".

I don't like him, no matter where he plays. But I understand your pain. Holliday on the Cards is a bit tough to swallow some days. But at least they aren't in our division.

Southstander
03-31-2010, 09:16 PM
I don't like him, no matter where he plays. But I understand your pain. Holliday on the Cards is a bit tough to swallow some days. But at least they aren't in our division.

Can you imagine if it was the D-Backs?

Snapping Turtle
03-31-2010, 09:26 PM
Can you imagine if it was the D-Backs?

Ick. I can. :(

Luckily Matthew was never my favorite player. Now, if Barmes ever goes anywhere...that's going to be a very bad day for me.

Southstander
03-31-2010, 09:29 PM
Ick. I can. :(

Luckily Matthew was never my favorite player. Now, if Barmes ever goes anywhere...that's going to be a very bad day for me.

Same with Pedroia. If Barmes does leave I will send you 1,000,000,000,000 mental hugs.

Snapping Turtle
03-31-2010, 09:32 PM
Same with Pedroia. If Barmes does leave I will send you 1,000,000,000,000 mental hugs.

Haha, thanks. I have a feeling it will happen someday. I still remember when The Cat left. Sad day. :(