PDA

View Full Version : Say Bye to Champ...

BlueDamsel
07-03-2004, 02:56 PM
Heh...The curse of the jersey may strike again...

I was talking to my dad yesterday on the phone & he said that he found a good deal on some Broncos jerseys..They had Plummer & Bailey...He was going to talk to my mom about getting me the Bailey one...

Now, that might seem innocent enough, but let's consider this -

Jerseys currently own:

-Terrel Davis - purchased the December before he "officially retired".

-Clinton Portis - purchased his rookie season, right after the 2nd home pre-season game (Seahawks) when I got to see him play for the first time. (traded)

-Eddie Mac - purchased during the Steelers game this past season...(retired)

-Ville Niemenen (Former Avs player - was traded 2 seasons ago to the Penguins with Berry for Kasperaitus) - given to me for Christmas that same year.

-Martin Skoula (Former Avs player, traded this past year - thankfully) was given to me for my birthday, unique jersey though, as it was made with an error - they put #4 (Rob Blake) on it instead of 41 (Skoula's #) I call it my Skoulake jersey...I just hope that Blake doesn't get gone from the jersey-anti-mojo.

I also, when I started dating my other half, "inherited" a Romo jersey...We started dating Jan 2002 - If I recall, he went to the Raiders starting in 2002...

I threatened to get a Griese jersey a few years ago to be rid of him & I also thought about getting an O'Neal jersey as well..But my just thinking about getting their jersey-mojo helped to rid ourselves of them...

So folks, there ya have it - enjoy Bailey this year...Who knows how much longer he'll be around, with my anti-mojo-jersey effect!

JoRo
07-03-2004, 03:10 PM
Well if thats the case, dont get baileys! get bradys...or even better mannings!

BlueDamsel
07-03-2004, 03:21 PM
I don't know if it works on other teams though mo-jo...

Besides, ain't gonna put other colors on me, TYVM! :cheeky:

BlueDamsel
07-03-2004, 03:21 PM
Oh but for all you Lelie Bashers/doubters out there, we also have a Lelie jersey on order...

The Dark Knight
07-03-2004, 03:46 PM
Don't do it Blue! We need Bailey this year.

BlueDamsel
07-03-2004, 05:09 PM
But *I* need a new jersey...

So unless you're going to find me a good jersey (preferably one similar to my Eddie Jersey) of a player that you don't wanna see around anymore...Bailey it is...

EddyMac87
07-03-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by BlueDamsel
But *I* need a new jersey...

So unless you're going to find me a good jersey (preferably one similar to my Eddie Jersey) of a player that you don't wanna see around anymore...Bailey it is... how bout like....danny kanel or somethin

JoRo
07-03-2004, 06:12 PM
I wouldnt mind if you took donnie spragans or jashan sykes, cuz we have the other one to take his place, or terry peirce too.... so if its ok you should take one of those.

ReleaseTheBeast7
07-03-2004, 08:30 PM
I don't believe in superstition..

bronx_2003
07-04-2004, 05:11 PM
love the pic! :D

MtRushmore
07-05-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Cursive
Anything less than a Super Bowl appearance will be all your God damn fault!

Teenagers taking the Lord's name in vain is SO UNCOOL! Can't you try to expand your vocabulary?

BlueDamsel
07-05-2004, 12:31 PM
Well, it's official...I've got the jersey...

Now I just need to make some modifications to it - it needs to be shrunk down a bit & orange added to it...

Booher
07-05-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by MtRushmore
Teenagers taking the Lord's name in vain is SO UNCOOL! Can't you try to expand your vocabulary?

good post

Tatortot
07-06-2004, 10:40 AM
This isnt a post for religious limitations, so go post that somewhere else.

JED Bronco
07-06-2004, 12:22 PM
Wear it inside out!!!

BlueDamsel
07-06-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by JED Bronco
Wear it inside out!!!
LMFAO...
I don't think so...I'll alter it up a little to make it look more like my style (think pt's sig pic ;)) but, inside out? noo...

dandaman23
07-07-2004, 02:28 AM
So folks, there ya have it - enjoy Bailey this year...Who knows how much longer he'll be around, with my anti-mojo-jersey effect!

Hopefully, when you get a Baily jersey, it will work and we can trade for Portis again!...Uhh, well maybe not..But it could happen...Hmmm...I wish Portis was still a Bronco...:(

Pryce4Prez
07-07-2004, 11:56 AM
i have the same problem with jerseys

I recently got a Rob Blake jersey right before he broke his leg.

Also got a Portis jersey thinking he would be the one player on the roster who would be around for a while:confused:

I got a TD jersey before the season Griese got him hurt

btw how bout a Sam Brandon jersey, being behind Lynch, Kennedy and Ferguson he shouldn't see too much time anyway

frenchfan
07-16-2004, 03:57 AM
Blue, Westflie !

Just send me the jerseys, I know how to exorcist !!! :D
I've got only Elway's jersey ... So I could wear Bailey's one ... LMFAO...

BlueDamsel
07-18-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by PrimeTime2479
Please blue: Honey listen to him Please lol!

Hehe PT sweets - no way... I like my new jersey! :cheeky:

Elway
07-18-2004, 01:02 PM
I like my New Jersey too!! Just got back last night silly! :D

frenchfan
07-19-2004, 12:44 AM
Hehe PT sweets - no way... I like my new jersey! :cheeky: LOL... But I'm really sure you will be cutest WITHOUT the jersey ;) .... ROFL

BlueDamsel
07-19-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by frenchfan
LOL... But I'm really sure you will be cutest WITHOUT the jersey ;) .... ROFL

Hey now...The Jersey stays on... ;) heh.

frenchfan
07-20-2004, 05:55 AM
Hey now...The Jersey stays on... ;) heh. :sad: ... LMFAO... too bad... I made the good play, but the defense is good... But I will go on ;)...
Keep holding your jersey babe, I can go anywhere !
ROFL

TDandElwayfan
08-05-2004, 12:56 PM
its not a curse, its just the way of the business, it happens to everyone, for example

John Elway(old school orange)-retired
Terrell Davis(the season before 2008 yards)-injury leading to retirement
Brian Griese(rookie season)total bust-went to miami, now tampa
Eddie George-Now in dallas
Michael jordan(23 in chicago)-retired and came back but to the wizards
grant hill-traded to magic, then never heard about again
ken griffey jr.-traded to cincy
larry johnson(#2 for charlotte hornets)-who knows what happened to him
deion sanders dallas jersey-traded to washington redskins

and trust me theres plenty more

so its not a curse its just the way the industry works, if you buy a jersey dont expect them to srick around there whole career because that doesnt happen too much anymore, just hope that they stay there for a few seasons, and even if that happens your lucky

BlueDamsel
08-05-2004, 12:59 PM
It's still a curse...Regardless...

Just let me have my superstitions, k?

Do I try to debunk your "lucky boxer" claims or tell an Avs guy to shave during the playoffs? *noooo*

:cheeky:

GriffinRB22
08-06-2004, 04:17 PM
ne1 no wer i can get a QG jersey

LCA534
08-16-2004, 03:00 PM
I've seen Q Jerseys in the NFL shop.

kdog_2010
09-11-2004, 10:43 AM
Can you gets watts jerseys yet? Is he going to be #17 for the season or did he get a new #?:confused:

BlueDamsel
09-11-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by kdog_2010
Can you gets watts jerseys yet? Is he going to be #17 for the season or did he get a new #?:confused:

He's keeping #17...This year they approved 11-19 or something for WRs too.

I think you probably can get one somewhere -- they might have even had them in the Broncos store...I'm not sure though...I'll check tmrw...

Lynch Bailey247
09-11-2004, 11:09 AM

I was talking to my dad yesterday on the phone & he said that he found a good deal on some Broncos jerseys..They had Plummer & Bailey...He was going to talk to my mom about getting me the Bailey one...

Jerseys currently own:

-Clinton Portis - purchased his rookie season, right after the 2nd home pre-season game (Seahawks) when I got to see him play for the first time. (traded)

-Ville Niemenen (Former Avs player - was traded 2 seasons ago to the Penguins with Berry for Kasperaitus) - given to me for Christmas that same year.

-Martin Skoula (Former Avs player, traded this past year - thankfully) was given to me for my birthday, unique jersey though, as it was made with an error - they put #4 (Rob Blake) on it instead of 41 (Skoula's #) I call it my Skoulake jersey...I just hope that Blake doesn't get gone from the jersey-anti-mojo.

I also, when I started dating my other half, "inherited" a Romo jersey...We started dating Jan 2002 - If I recall, he went to the Raiders starting in 2002...

I threatened to get a Griese jersey a few years ago to be rid of him & I also thought about getting an O'Neal jersey as well..But my just thinking about getting their jersey-mojo helped to rid ourselves of them...

if anything happens to bailey its your ass!

GriffinRB22
09-11-2004, 08:09 PM
theres no such things as hexes

Elway
09-11-2004, 08:44 PM
Just for that we are putting a hex on you!! :eek:

Peerless
09-17-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by GriffinRB22
theres no such things as hexes :coffee:

Uula Bear
09-28-2004, 04:34 AM

Jerseys currently own:

I'm glad nobody bought you an Elway Jersey when you were a little girl, hehe

BlueDamsel
09-28-2004, 05:20 PM
Ah hell, I haven't worn it - too scared to...
I've been wearing my eddy jersey & this past week I wore an Elway tanktop with a skirt...I looked sexaaay ;) LOL

JoRo
09-28-2004, 07:56 PM
um.......all week?

BlueDamsel
09-28-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
um.......all week?

Ummm no.
To the game you dipwad.

GriffinRB22
09-30-2004, 06:10 PM
your curse didnt happen this time

Broncosinindy
10-02-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Booher
good post

Not all of us are christians

BlueDamsel
10-03-2004, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by GriffinRB22
your curse didnt happen this time

Don't be so quick...it took a year for my portis one to set in...

And like I said - I haven't been wearing it...I've been wearing my other outfits.

Booher
10-03-2004, 07:43 AM
you do not post here anymore do you blue?.......at least not as frequent as you used to, with some of the new members I don't blame you.:cool:

BlueDamsel
10-03-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Booher
you do not post here anymore do you blue?.......at least not as frequent as you used to, with some of the new members I don't blame you.:cool:

Thanks for noticin'...
I lurk mostly. A few things have been done & said that pissed me off...The general feel of the board has gone down the toilet. I'm busy - I have 3 other boards that I have to deal with -- 1 that I run, 1 that I assist with modding duties and another that I just visit for fun, unfootball related.

Hell, I haven't even really updated my FFL teams in 2 weeks...Last Saturday I was "working" all day & barely got in to waive a few bye-week/injured players on Sunday morning as we were headed to the stadium.

I'm just...Exhausted. I've been emailing privately with several of the members here...PM me if you want th contact info.

Booher
10-03-2004, 07:44 PM
Yea blue send me the info I too am growing very tired of this board...The longtime members are being pushed away.

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
10-04-2004, 07:39 PM
buy the jersey and i will buy your jersey and you will be out for the year :mad:

BlueDamsel
10-04-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16
buy the jersey and i will buy your jersey and you will be out for the year :mad:

HUH?

chickennob2
10-13-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by MtRushmore

get ur fanatical jesus worship out of here. This is not just a board for people who pray all day to a 2000 year old carpenter. Dont bring this back

chickennob2
10-13-2004, 02:18 PM
I don't know if it works on other teams though mo-jo...

Besides, ain't gonna put other colors on me, TYVM! :cheeky:

Well could you do the Your Name and Your Number personalized broncos jersey and just pick ur name and number to be Manning and 18? That way u would be getting rid of the freak and still wear the orange and blue

BlueDamsel
10-13-2004, 02:22 PM
If I get any personalized jerseys & spend that much money on them, it will be my current last name, which happens to be the same as the kicker of my favorite college team....and the number, well, I'll decide that when it comes up - there is no way that, if he became a Bronco in 2 years, he would be allowed 16.

DarKliger
10-19-2004, 06:19 PM
I recieved a Portis jersey the Christmas before he was traded.Although i dont think one Jersey would constitute a full blown curse.

Broncocrzygrl
10-24-2004, 05:42 PM
I got my brother a Portis jersey for Christmas... right before he was traded. My brother was soooooo mad!

JRWIZ
11-12-2004, 08:17 AM
Oh but for all you Lelie Bashers/doubters out there, we also have a Lelie jersey on order...

Praise God and pass the ammo. Finally gonna be rid of this waste of talent! Was wondering what it would take.

BlueDamsel
11-12-2004, 10:00 AM
Praise God and pass the ammo. Finally gonna be rid of this waste of talent! Was wondering what it would take.

Of course, don't hold your breath...Heh...It was supposed to be a Christmas gift 2 Christmases ago...and keeps getting stolen (we bought 10 authentics & they keep getting stolen...so we have yet to see them. They're all getting remade *yet again* *sigh*)

Oh...and get over it...He's getting pretty confident & it shows...Give the guy a little more of a chance before you crucify him...

Ben
11-14-2004, 09:24 AM
champ is a guy denver has needed for so long. If you do get his jersey pray to god he won't leave. anyway he has like a 7 year deal and alot of money. He's not going any where

BlueDamsel
11-14-2004, 11:27 AM
champ is a guy denver has needed for so long. If you do get his jersey pray to god he won't leave. anyway he has like a 7 year deal and alot of money. He's not going any where

Welcome noob...
It's already come out that I *DID* get his jersey...

But his 7-year contract does not mean that he won't get hurt or traded anyway...

Not that I wish that on anyone, but it could happen.

JRWIZ
11-14-2004, 04:01 PM
Of course, don't hold your breath...Heh...It was supposed to be a Christmas gift 2 Christmases ago...and keeps getting stolen (we bought 10 authentics & they keep getting stolen...so we have yet to see them. They're all getting remade *yet again* *sigh*)

Oh...and get over it...He's getting pretty confident & it shows...Give the guy a little more of a chance before you crucify him...

Wow how many more years will it take to get confident enough to become that all pro that everyone thinks a top twenty #1 DAFT choice should be. The number 2 WR taken that year.

Still on pace for a whooping 57 catches this year almost twice what he did last year. But if you go back and look at the stats and film I'd venture to guess he has had all most another 30-45 thrown to him that he did not catch.
His yard per catch is almost the same as it was last year he has already caught 2 more for T/D's than last year and his yardage is about the same as it was so far.

But if I remeber correctly he went into a mid season slump last year the same as he did in the rookie season.

Maybe it is plays that are being called or that he just can't get off the line. Or maybe he just does not catch the ball going over the middle very well.

With the talent he suposedly has he should be burning up the league at least the division

Perhaps y'all think he is doing great but I think we should be getting alot more out of our investments in our #1-2 daft choices than e have been over the years.

BlueDamsel
11-14-2004, 04:09 PM
Wow how many more years will it take to get confident enough to become that all pro that everyone thinks a top twenty #1 DAFT choice should be. The number 2 WR taken that year.

Still on pace for a whooping 57 catches this year almost twice what he did last year. But if you go back and look at the stats and film I'd venture to guess he has had all most another 30-45 thrown to him that he did not catch.
His yard per catch is almost the same as it was last year he has already caught 2 more for T/D's than last year and his yardage is about the same as it was so far.

But if I remeber correctly he went into a mid season slump last year the same as he did in the rookie season.

Maybe it is plays that are being called or that he just can't get off the line. Or maybe he just does not catch the ball going over the middle very well.

With the talent he suposedly has he should be burning up the league at least the division

Perhaps y'all think he is doing great but I think we should be getting alot more out of our investments in our #1-2 daft choices than e have been over the years.

Perhaps Jake should try throwing the ball to his recievers instead of over/under throwing it...

You can't put the bad rap all on Lelie - When he catches the ball, he holds onto it...Can't say the same for the other WRs & TEs we have...

JRWIZ
11-14-2004, 04:34 PM
Perhaps Jake should try throwing the ball to his recievers instead of over/under throwing it...

You can't put the bad rap all on Lelie - When he catches the ball, he holds onto it...Can't say the same for the other WRs & TEs we have...

You need to watch the tapes closer. assshley drops more than the others do he as a general rulles gets more passes to him than the otehrs do and if the ball is thrown to a spot where you are supposed to be that just might not be Jakes fault for under over or behind the reciver passes.

assshley has struggled this year getting off the LOS, which then, throws off the timing patterns. I've seen him short arm passes and just not catch them if they are over the middle.

My personal opinion is that asshley does not like getting hit. He seems to catch the sidelines and endzone passes pretty good since they are the ones that he will less likely get stuck real hard with a big hit. Getting shoved out of bounds is not as nasty as getting Lynched over the middle.

Now I might be wrong, but I can not remember but one over the middle catch he has made this year. Or for that matter during his career.

I think the guy is a pansy. Is afraid of taking a big hit. IMHO!!!!!

I expect my #1 choices to be big time players and do what is necessary to win.

BlueDamsel
11-14-2004, 04:39 PM
You need to watch the tapes closer. assshley drops more than the others do he as a general rulles gets more passes to him than the otehrs do and if the ball is thrown to a spot where you are supposed to be that just might not be Jakes fault for under over or behind the reciver passes.

assshley has struggled this year getting off the LOS, which then, throws off the timing patterns. I've seen him short arm passes and just not catch them if they are over the middle.

My personal opinion is that asshley does not like getting hit. He seems to catch the sidelines and endzone passes pretty good since they are the ones that he will less likely get stuck real hard with a big hit. Getting shoved out of bounds is not as nasty as getting Lynched over the middle.

Now I might be wrong, but I can not remember but one over the middle catch he has made this year. Or for that matter during his career.

I think the guy is a pansy. Is afraid of taking a big hit. IMHO!!!!!

I expect my #1 choices to be big time players and do what is necessary to win.

Good for you. Now off of my thread...This is about Champ not Ashley.

Besides the fact that you've been yelling about him being the wrong pick for 2.5 seasons now, and never gave him a chance to begin with. Now out of here. Seriously - I started this thread as a lighthearted gesture during a bunch of crap-slinging on the board. If I wanted to read your bullcrap biased opinions about Lelie, I would have started a thread about Lelie.

Now OFF YA GO.

JRWIZ
11-14-2004, 04:53 PM

This was the number 4 post on this thread.

I believe that you changed the subject on this one NOT me! :laugh:

He is still a wimp.

JRWIZ
11-14-2004, 04:58 PM
Good for you. Now off of my thread...This is about Champ not Ashley.

Besides the fact that you've been yelling about him being the wrong pick for 2.5 seasons now, and never gave him a chance to begin with. Now out of here. Seriously - I started this thread as a lighthearted gesture during a bunch of crap-slinging on the board. If I wanted to read your bullcrap biased opinions about Lelie, I would have started a thread about Lelie.

Now OFF YA GO.

I've only been on this forum since feb 2004, while it may seem like 2.5 years time does not quite go that fast. Now had I known about it I probably would have.

BlueDamsel
11-14-2004, 05:00 PM
I've only been on this forum since feb 2004, while it may seem like 2.5 years time does not quite go that fast. Now had I known about it I probably would have.

Again, who CARES?

I didn't say that you have only been yelling about it on the forum...I'm almost guaranteeing that you were upset about it the day he was drafted without giving the guy a chance.

Now get off of my thread.

JRWIZ
11-14-2004, 05:11 PM
Again, who CARES?

I didn't say that you have only been yelling about it on the forum...I'm almost guaranteeing that you were upset about it the day he was drafted without giving the guy a chance.

Now get off of my thread.

Actually you are wrong about that also, until after his dismal season last year I was a big supporter of him had him on my Fantasy team last year and he was one of my keepers onto this years team.

I've given the clown a chance for 2.5 years and so far, he's IMHO opinon not worth the the draft position he receieved and would have proabably not been drafted by me until a 3-4 choice, that he has so far earned.

marcy73
11-21-2004, 08:05 PM
I am not too worried. :coffee: This is the year that curses and superstitions have been broken. Look at the Boston Red Sox. Or how about the superstition with the Redskins and a republican not being elected to office of President? Now we have another four years of a republican President and The Red Sox are national champions. If a superstition will be broken, it will be this year!!! :rockon: