PDA

View Full Version : My Jay Cutler Drawing (- The Head...Work In Progress)

Bronco-24
02-02-2009, 02:28 PM
I posted my Eddie Royal and Bailey drawings on here a bit back, both without the heads as this one lol, but I think i'm getting better and this is a good start. Let me know what you think...
Edit:It is a cell phone pic so it's a bit blurry.
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g142/chel619316/362530514_1248602839_0.jpg

ebsoria
02-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Dood! That's pretty good. Especially compared ot the one I did. Looked like someone had just lost hangman.

Bronco-24
02-02-2009, 02:38 PM
Dood! That's pretty good. Especially compared to the one I did. Looked like someone had just lost hangman.

lol I am terrible at drawing faces, hence the blank spot.

ging
02-02-2009, 02:48 PM
its coming along nicely. take a closer look at the hands. His Right isn't reading properly just yet. Its kind of complicated because of the foreshortening, so maybe look at the value change in there. Don't be afraid of the head man. They are just shapes, like in the jersey etc...keep it up

Bronco-24
02-02-2009, 02:50 PM
its coming along nicely. take a closer look at the hands. His Right isn't reading properly just yet. Its kind of complicated because of the foreshortening, so maybe look at the value change in there. Don't be afraid of the head man. They are just shapes, like in the jersey etc...keep it up

Thanks for the advice:salute!:

ging
02-02-2009, 02:57 PM
no problem. Do you mind posting the origional drawing?

Legendary30
02-02-2009, 03:00 PM
I think that picture is perfect!!!!! Jay isn't really known for the choices he makes, he is known for his athletic ability.

Thus Cutler pic with no head is perfect. :td:

Bronco-24
02-02-2009, 03:01 PM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g142/chel619316/wsdfasd.jpg

Bronco-24
02-02-2009, 03:02 PM
I think that picture is perfect!!!!! Jay isn't really known for the choices he makes, he is known for his athletic ability.

Thus Cutler pic with no head is perfect. :td:

:laugh: very true.

ging
02-02-2009, 03:48 PM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g142/chel619316/wsdfasd.jpg

thanks. I hope you don't mind me trying to help a bit here.

I think you are seeing the overall shapes nicely. the over all gesture is good and you have improved alot with the actual structure. (the anatomy is alot better then the first royal drawing)

You are in charge of this drawing. You can create anything you want. Your are the god of the drawing. so what does god do first, he seperates light from dark. You can describe form well with very little shading. Start off with 2 values. Light and dark. orginize your drawing like this. Squint and look at the light and dark patterns and literally draw those patterns. then use a general dark tone for the shadow area and let the paper shine through for the light.

Twizlers
02-02-2009, 03:52 PM
That is amazing. Nice work.

Buckin' Bronco
02-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Nice drawing dude. You may not remember me but I commented on your Eddie Royal drawing. Did I mention that's a sweet drawing of Jay BTW!:cutler:

UberBroncoMan
02-02-2009, 06:28 PM

I'LL HELP YOU!

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/4213/jaycutler2mx9.jpg

cairin72432
02-02-2009, 06:34 PM
You can just use this picture as your muse..It is my son, he is a little better looking than Cutler.. And he also has a better arm than Elway and Favre.

VenomousDB
02-02-2009, 06:37 PM
whoa! its Sleepy Hollow

cairin72432
02-02-2009, 06:39 PM
As you can see I didnt know how to properly put a photo on here... Not sure if u can even see it.. Very nice drawing i wish i could draw.. Take care Bronco country... And lets hope to have a great New year and new beginnings with our new staff.

IDI I3R0NC0 IBI
02-02-2009, 07:42 PM
You can just use this picture as your muse..It is my son, he is a little better looking than Cutler.. And he also has a better arm than Elway and Favre.

Dude if your son has a better arm then Elway and Favre you need to come to New York and sign a deal with the Jets. They need a new QB since Favre might retire.

:D

Strimpel
02-02-2009, 07:58 PM
very good, better than anything I could draw that's for sure.

Bronco-24
02-02-2009, 08:12 PM

:laugh: if I draw him he wont have a head:P

Bronco-24
02-02-2009, 08:12 PM
thanks. I hope you don't mind me trying to help a bit here.

I think you are seeing the overall shapes nicely. the over all gesture is good and you have improved alot with the actual structure. (the anatomy is alot better then the first royal drawing)

You are in charge of this drawing. You can create anything you want. Your are the god of the drawing. so what does god do first, he seperates light from dark. You can describe form well with very little shading. Start off with 2 values. Light and dark. orginize your drawing like this. Squint and look at the light and dark patterns and literally draw those patterns. then use a general dark tone for the shadow area and let the paper shine through for the light.

Thanks for the advice a lot. I will continue to work on it.

Bronco-24
02-02-2009, 08:13 PM
I'LL HELP YOU!

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/4213/jaycutler2mx9.jpg

:laugh: that looks pretty good:D

Bronco-24
02-02-2009, 08:13 PM
That is amazing. Nice work.

Nice drawing dude. You may not remember me but I commented on your Eddie Royal drawing. Did I mention that's a sweet drawing of Jay BTW!:cutler:
Thanks guys:salute!:

getlynched47
02-02-2009, 08:15 PM
:( I wish I could draw.............

However, I can draw a Jay Cutler stick figure :smug:

Nice job.......cp for u

Cutler4tw
02-02-2009, 09:50 PM
Looks sick bro i didnt get the chance to see your other drawings

nbaballer913
02-03-2009, 01:11 AM
wow...thats called talent. I wish I could draw...

Odendahl
02-03-2009, 01:15 AM
You should draw Sam Cassel as practice for faces he is so damn ugly if you mess up no one would be able to tell.

Bronco-24
02-03-2009, 05:40 AM
:( I wish I could draw.............

However, I can draw a Jay Cutler stick figure :smug:

Nice job.......cp for u

wow...thats called talent. I wish I could draw...

Thanks. It's not what I can draw really, It's more of what I can see.:salute!:

Looks sick bro i didnt get the chance to see your other drawings
lol they aren't as good as this one so I'm not sure if you want to:D
If you do, just PM me and I will send them to you.

Bronco-24
02-03-2009, 05:41 AM
You should draw Sam Cassel as practice for faces he is so damn ugly if you mess up no one would be able to tell.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Northern Lights
02-03-2009, 04:00 PM
You should draw Jay Cutler as Captain Planet saving the world from global warming caused by excessive hot air coming out of Philip Rivers' mouth

Broncofan1990
02-03-2009, 04:04 PM
I think he needs to be more orange like this :cutler:.... good drawing bro

rockrules40
02-03-2009, 07:19 PM
Here is my picture...

http://www.emblibrary.com/el/product_images/F1506_small.jpg

Not really mine though. I found it online for the sake of a joke...

getlynched47
02-03-2009, 07:20 PM
Here is my picture...

http://www.emblibrary.com/el/product_images/F1506_small.jpg

Not really mine though. I found it online for the sake of a joke...

made me lol........i'll give u CP once I reload :salute!:

Ravage!!!
02-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Ok... *smiles*.. here we go, right bro?

first... I think that you have a tendency to want to "outline" everything. Thats ok.. thats normal... but remember that wrinkles.. hands...fabricks...flesh.. dont' have lines. THey have shadows. The contrast between the lights and darks create the 'lines'. So instead of your wrinkles in the shirt having lines.. let the lights, moving to the darks.. then moving back to the lights.. create the 'lines' of the wrinkles rather than drawing lines. The shadows and shades create the lines...not the other way around.

Two. Look at the difference in the darks of under his arm, in the shadows... compared to the darks of the stripe in the shirt and collar, and the dark outline around the number. Your perception that the 'dark' of the jersey should be sooo dark, that you drew it that way.. but didn't compare that shade and compare it to the darks of the dark places throughout the rest.

you have a great base going. I would have much preferred that you drew the helmet/face in instead of leaving it out because its harder. But the helmet is just a ball. Drawing a ball is easy. The MAIN thing... is sizing. Put everything in its place, and if its in scale and perspective that fits the rest.

YOu are showing progress... but don't be scared of those faces. Think about it. The nose, the eye sockets.. lips.. cheek bones... are NOOO different than wrinkles. They are shaded the same. let the shades, draw the lines. Let the shape of the shadows, form the face.

Great work.. keep it going.....

Bronco-24
02-04-2009, 01:29 PM
Ok... *smiles*.. here we go, right bro?

first... I think that you have a tendency to want to "outline" everything. Thats ok.. thats normal... but remember that wrinkles.. hands...fabricks...flesh.. dont' have lines. THey have shadows. The contrast between the lights and darks create the 'lines'. So instead of your wrinkles in the shirt having lines.. let the lights, moving to the darks.. then moving back to the lights.. create the 'lines' of the wrinkles rather than drawing lines. The shadows and shades create the lines...not the other way around.

Two. Look at the difference in the darks of under his arm, in the shadows... compared to the darks of the stripe in the shirt and collar, and the dark outline around the number. Your perception that the 'dark' of the jersey should be sooo dark, that you drew it that way.. but didn't compare that shade and compare it to the darks of the dark places throughout the rest.

you have a great base going. I would have much preferred that you drew the helmet/face in instead of leaving it out because its harder. But the helmet is just a ball. Drawing a ball is easy. The MAIN thing... is sizing. Put everything in its place, and if its in scale and perspective that fits the rest.

YOu are showing progress... but don't be scared of those faces. Think about it. The nose, the eye sockets.. lips.. cheek bones... are NOOO different than wrinkles. They are shaded the same. let the shades, draw the lines. Let the shape of the shadows, form the face.

Great work.. keep it going.....

I was waiting for your post:D

Thanks for the advice and I will work on it but the reason I think I am so scared of the head is because the rest of the drawing is NOTHING if it doesn't look like Jay.

Guitarman
02-04-2009, 03:48 PM

I think you have a good start!!!

One thing you might try is to do practice drawings of the specific areas you have problems with. Try drawing JUST the head. Do it quickly wiht just shapes, then fill in detail while erasing the parts you don't need.

That's the way I was taught in my drawing classes in college anyway...

Bronco-24
02-04-2009, 08:55 PM
I think you have a good start!!!

One thing you might try is to do practice drawings of the specific areas you have problems with. Try drawing JUST the head. Do it quickly wiht just shapes, then fill in detail while erasing the parts you don't need.

That's the way I was taught in my drawing classes in college anyway...

Sounds good, will try:salute!:

Bronco-24
03-19-2009, 03:38 PM
Good thing I didn't finish this:td:

CinnaMunMun
03-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Good thing I didn't finish this:td:

Maybe the whole thing is BECAUSE you didn't finish this. :eek:

Bronco-24
03-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Maybe the whole thing is BECAUSE you didn't finish this. :eek:

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Back to the "drawing" board.

Kavu
03-19-2009, 05:52 PM
awesome.ness

Anikai
03-19-2009, 06:01 PM
:go: nice drawing ....i find it ironic that you didn't put a head on there..

Mr.Ray Dehaiter
03-19-2009, 06:12 PM
make his head bigger for a more accurate and true to form drawing. Your obviously very talented.

Bronco-24
03-19-2009, 06:17 PM
:go: nice drawing ....i find it ironic that you didn't put a head on there..

Thanks. It started out as me not being able to draw heads but I think it makes sense now:)

Bronco-24
03-19-2009, 06:23 PM
make his head bigger for a more accurate and true to form drawing. Your obviously very talented.

Him not having a head also works:D

Thanks. I appreciate that. CP to you:)

floridabroncos
03-19-2009, 06:39 PM
Good drawing thus far. If you get any negative feedback, it's probably just people who wish they could draw. I give props to anyone who shows their stuff on a public site, as it takes a little courage knowing you might get negative feedback. Good job.

Bronco-24
03-19-2009, 06:44 PM
Good drawing thus far. If you get any negative feedback, it's probably just people who wish they could draw. I give props to anyone who shows their stuff on a public site, as it takes a little courage knowing you might get negative feedback. Good job.

Thanks a lot:salute!:

+1 CP

P.S.: Love your Office sig:laugh:

7=Heaven
03-19-2009, 06:58 PM
sweet work. good thing its in pencil so you can change the uniform pretty soon.

Bronco-24
03-19-2009, 07:00 PM
sweet work. good thing its in pencil so you can change the uniform pretty soon.

Thanks.

And you would think all I would have to do is change the number but that left hand sticking out like it is, is an unmistakable trait of Cutler's.