PDA

View Full Version : ripping manning and titan fans turn on mcnair!!!

bronx_2003
07-09-2004, 02:23 PM
MANNING - http://www.titansonline.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=8;t=19691

MCNAIR - http://www.titansonline.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=8;t=19657

i really don't get the qb debate, i don't like manning (asked for too much in contract) but its soooooo obvious he is the best QB in the NFL today.

i was surprised by mcnairs remark 'don't arrest me, im a football player' but even more surprised to see some titan fans turn on him.

any1 want to throw in their $0.2???

Peerless
07-09-2004, 02:25 PM
I like Mcnair better then Manning. Mcnair is a tough son of a gun and i respect that.

bronx_2003
07-09-2004, 02:31 PM
same as but i was talking about a better QB, not person.

Peerless
07-09-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by bronx_2003
same as but i was talking about a better QB, not person.

O well then manning.

bronx_2003
07-09-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by B4Bronco16
O well then manning.

LOL - im a mcnair fan too bro

Elway4King
07-09-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Zack Morris
manning = best qb in the nfl

mcnairs WRs make him look a hell of alot better than he really is.

McNair's receivers. Are you kidding me? Manning has much better receivers than McNair how do you feel about them? And the Three Amigos made Elway look better then he was.

Cody

Peerless
07-09-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Elway4King
McNair's receivers. Are you kidding me? Manning has much better receivers than McNair how do you feel about them? And the Three Amigos made Elway look better then he was.

Cody

Good point Cody

The Dark Knight
07-09-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by B4Bronco16
I like Mcnair better then Manning. Mcnair is a tough son of a gun and i respect that.

He gets hurt WAY too much though.

bronx_2003
07-09-2004, 03:19 PM

Cody

elway was gr8 - don't be disrespectful!

Elway4King
07-09-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by bronx_2003
elway was gr8 - don't be disrespectful!

Notice my name dude. Obviously being facetious.

Cody

bronx_2003
07-09-2004, 03:27 PM
Notice my name dude. Obviously being facetious.

Cody

lol, fair enough, i just don't like ppl bad-mouthing the greatest ever QB!!!

ReleaseTheBeast7
07-09-2004, 03:29 PM
Manning, my Uncle went to school with him and they still keep in touch every once and awhile... I met him before and he is very nice. We all went to dinner one time he was very professinal and proper.

plummerdaman
07-09-2004, 03:30 PM
Manning bugs me first of all cuz he destroyed us but second cuz he is a brat the only one from their family who wasnt was their dad and he helped eli become one....And i respect McNair for how he plays with hearty and through pain but he doesnt have much time left he gets hurt to much....

Elway4King
07-09-2004, 04:08 PM
lmao--sorry, i just gotta laugh when people speak so matter-of-factly when they obviously know **** about the situation

the titans have arguably the best receiving core in the nfl. all 4 of last seasons top guys could be starters on other teams.

there's mason. i doubt there has to be a debate on his status.

justin mccareins was sought after as a starter after last season and with good reason. he was amazing when he actually got his chance (something few guys on that team did with the way they spread the ball around). hell, he's a starter on the jets now.

drew bennett was just as amazing looking when he was thrown to. he's been a starter before in his career and he was their third guy. that's awesome depth and he's set to become a starter again this season. calico practically played like a king when they actually threw him the ball and will gie bennett competition. 4 touchdowns for a 4th stringer is nothing to scoff at. the 4th liner is going for a starting job this season..and the titans receivers AREN'T stacked?

don't assume they're bad because you're not educated about them...and trust me, the titans, next to the chiefs are my most hated nfl team...but unless you're delusion and/or childish, there's no point in denying the obvious. o'donnell and volek waltzed in and did just as good as mcnair.

i mean c'mon..if there's one thing the titans should be known for, it's an all-star receiving core.

Don't ever question how much I know about the situation. Now let's question you.

As far as one of the best receiving corps give me a break. Mason I will agree is a good receiver but compared to Moss, Harrison, Owens, and others he is lacking. By the way Manning has Harrison. Now lets look at The Sporting News. Last year they ranked the Titans receiving corp at #25 (pg. 16) and this year they rank it as the #15 (pg. 8) hardly one of the top in the NFL. McCarreins is good but not great (I'd rather have Reggie Wayne) and let Drew Bennet do something first. Don't just go on speculation. Compare the Titans WR corp to the Vikings, Colts, Seahawks, Rams, Redskins, Falcons, Panthers, Eagles, Saints, and Steelers and tell me where the Titans stand. Hell I'd rather have the Cardinals receiving staff.

By the way guess who TSN ranks as the #1 receiving corp. The COLTS. Now don't say Manning is great and McNair isn't becasue we all know Manning has better receivers.

Now lets look at sports writers around the US. They voted McNair the MVP not any of his recievers. McNair does not have a great ground game and adequate receivers. AP writers noticed it and I bet they know more then you.

Don't ever question me becuase I'll back my **** up. Give me some stats (not fake ones) and don't just give me your opinion.

Cody

OrangeShadow
07-09-2004, 04:13 PM
McNair>Manning

thehoot79
07-09-2004, 05:31 PM

Cody

With the exception of Marvin Harrison, the Titans and Colts receivers are pretty much on par with each other. Drew Bennett and Tyrone Calico are big, talented targets. Reggie Wayne and Brandon Stokely are great targets too. Honestly, I'd rather have Bennett and Calico though. Harrison gets double teamed, so much that Wayne and Stokely get single coverage on every play. They don't have any excuse to not excel.

thehoot79
07-09-2004, 05:32 PM
I'm sorry, I forgot to mention Derrick Mason in there too. He's not anywhere near Harrison, but the guy is good.

Elway4King
07-09-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by thehoot79
With the exception of Marvin Harrison, the Titans and Colts receivers are pretty much on par with each other. Drew Bennett and Tyrone Calico are big, talented targets. Reggie Wayne and Brandon Stokely are great targets too. Honestly, I'd rather have Bennett and Calico though. Harrison gets double teamed, so much that Wayne and Stokely get single coverage on every play. They don't have any excuse to not excel.

But with Harrison what receiving corp would you rather have? Mason is a good receiver I give him that but the verdict is out on Bennett, McCareins, and Calico. Personally I would take Wayne over any of them. And really with teams playing so much zone any more no one is truely double teamed. So in my mind the double team argument is completely out. Especially with the Colts. They love to use 3 and 4 WR sets to free up Harrison so please don't give me the double team excuse.

My main point earlier was that Zach Morris said Peyton was the best and McNair was good only because his receivers make him look good. They are both great quarterbacks but INCLUDING HARRISON most people would agree the Colts WR corp is better then the Titans. So why wouldn't someone say Manning is only good because of his WRs. They wouldn't, I hope.

Cody

chickennob2
07-09-2004, 06:18 PM
There should be no debate. mcNair is a great passer, a great scrambler, and the toughest guy ive ever seen. I know it sounds sacreligious on this site, but i would say McNAir is tougher than EddieMac. McNair is by far better than whiny boy Peyton

chickennob2
07-09-2004, 06:28 PM
lmao--sorry, i just gotta laugh when people speak so matter-of-factly when they obviously know **** about the situation

the titans have arguably the best receiving core in the nfl. all 4 of last seasons top guys could be starters on other teams.

justin mccareins was sought after as a starter after last season and with good reason. he was amazing when he actually got his chance (something few guys on that team did with the way they spread the ball around). hell, he's a starter on the jets now.

drew bennett was just as amazing looking when he was thrown to. he's been a starter before in his career and he was their third guy. that's awesome depth and he's set to become a starter again this season. calico practically played like a king when they actually threw him the ball and will gie bennett competition. 4 touchdowns for a 4th stringer is nothing to scoff at. the 4th liner is going for a starting job this season..and the titans receivers AREN'T stacked?

don't assume they're bad because you're not educated about them...and trust me, the titans, next to the chiefs are my most hated nfl team...but unless you're delusion and/or childish, there's no point in denying the obvious. o'donnell and volek waltzed in and did just as good as mcnair.

i mean c'mon..if there's one thing the titans should be known for, it's an all-star receiving core.

ARE U ****ING KIDDING!

I LIVE IN MEMPHIS FIRST OF ALL, SO I KNOW THE TITANS

MAson = a good, reliabe starter
Bennett = played QUARTERBACK in college. He's pretty athletic, but thats it.
McCairens = Career Total of 9 touchdowns in 3 years with the Titans
NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235117)
Calico = a younger, less mature Ashley Lelie. He's athletic... but thats about it

Elway4King
07-09-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by chickennob2
ARE U ****ING KIDDING!

I LIVE IN MEMPHIS FIRST OF ALL, SO I KNOW THE TITANS

MAson = a good, reliabe starter
Bennett = played QUARTERBACK in college. He's pretty athletic, but thats it.
McCairens = Career Total of 9 touchdowns in 3 years with the Titans
NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235117)
Calico = a younger, less mature Ashley Lelie. He's athletic... but thats about it

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Cody

rcsodak
07-09-2004, 09:57 PM
manning = best qb in the nfl

So a quarterback can't be considered good if he has good receivers?
They must not be too good, if he has to scramble for positive yards all the time.

But by your logic, montana wasn't any good because he had rice, right? And aikman wasn't any good because he had irvin?

:confused: I don't get your point, other than you don't like mcnair. Just say that, instead of silly reasoning.

Elway4King
07-09-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by rcsodak
So a quarterback can't be considered good if he has good receivers?
They must not be too good, if he has to scramble for positive yards all the time.

But by your logic, montana wasn't any good because he had rice, right? And aikman wasn't any good because he had irvin?

:confused: I don't get your point, other than you don't like mcnair. Just say that, instead of silly reasoning.

You and I agree on this one RC.

Cody

Elway4King
07-10-2004, 09:53 AM
sorry, this is as far as i read. this is all i needed to see to realize you're clueless. you're obviously the combative type so nothing i say is going to change your mind.

and who said mcnair isn't good? it's just that his receivers make him look better than he is. it's always either black and white with people around here, no grey area. his accuracy i question sometimes, but hey, it's what impresses me about his wide outs. alot of the time all he has to do is get it within 10 yards of them and they'll come down with it, bennett and mccareins especially (well, back then).

You're pretty high on McCareins and Bennett!! Maybe you should read a little more of what I and others hae written before you call someone clueless. My only question to you is: Do you firmly believe that McNair is good only because of his receivers yet Manning makes Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne look good?

Cody

titanfan24
07-10-2004, 03:32 PM
that I went to college with Peyton and watch Steve every Sunday from my seat in section 101. Trust me, they are both great, great quarterbacks, but they are different. Peyton is the best pocket passer in the league, maybe ever. If I had a team with two really good receivers, a good RB, and a strong O-Line, I'd probably go with Peyton. Steve McNair, to me, is the closest thing we may ever see to John Elway. The guy has no glaring weakness (except for the nagging injuries). He has a better arm than Peyton, but not quite as accurate. He's a better decision maker with the ball than Manning (only threw 7 picks last year), while leading the league in yards per attempt and passer rating. Plus, we all know who the better athlete is. Really, you can't go wrong with either of them, but if your team may be deficient in some areas, give me McNair. He has some quality, underrated receivers, but McNair makes them more than they make McNair. He'll scramble around and give them time to create seperation from the DB's. I think Peyton Manning may be the best QB in the NFL, but McNair is the best football player.

Helderht_
07-10-2004, 04:05 PM
Manning and McNair are great I and Agree that both of them have good WR, But the is a difference, Manning Has The Arm, he is is the most accurate in the NFL, But McNair has a mobily that few QB's in the league have, and he has a great arm too so is hard to say who is the best

NameUsedBefore
07-10-2004, 10:35 PM
He wouldn't dominate at all, the Titans scheme isn't made for a QB like Manning, and I don't really think any of the Titan WR's are too good at route running, which Harrison is the best in the league at. Manning needs his WR's to be on the spot; McNair not so much, as McNair actually has the legs to scramble.

McNair makes the Titans offense look good, not the other way around. In fact, McNair IS the Titans offense, without him they'd be ****. He leads them; he's a playmaker that can make things happen. McNair builds confidence in his team to win, and that's his biggest attribute: leadership, not some tandem of receivers who range from above-average to unproven.

Manning, well damn, he's just freakishly accurate at putting the ball where it needs to be; this coupled with Harrison's great route-running, and you got one dangerous duo. Occasionally Manning will have those off days where a rush for some reason will get to him and cause him to make mistakes (on other days, he simply ignores the rushes and gets the ball away in time).

IMO, though, McNabb is the real deal. Good to see he finally got a damn receiver to throw to, even if he is an @$$.

(BTW, I could name probably ten or more teams with a better WR-core than the Titans; don't kid yourself, Morris)

Elway4King
07-11-2004, 04:50 AM
lmao i just had to laugh at the child talking to me like this

some people are just too stupid to address

For someone who is so ****y and sure of himself I just thought I'd let you know that the Sporting News, Lindy's, and Street and Smith's WR rankings all agree with NameUsedBefore. By the way, I'm lmao at how no one has taken your side on this one. Although maybe I'm starting to come around after looking at Drew Bennet's stats (in three years he has averaged 30 catches, 437 yards and 2.3 TDs a season). I shudder to think what Peyton would do with a WR of that caliber. He is a DEFINATE GAME BREAKER! Man, I could definately use that kind of output from my one or two fantasy receiver!

Cody

bklynbronco
07-11-2004, 11:35 AM
Zack Morris

what recievers? I didn't know he had pro bowl recievers. Imagine if he has st. louis recievers or carolina's recievers. he did a lot by himself. manning is the purer passing QB but manning will do anything to win. his recievers were never breakaway superstars.
remember eddie george hasn't exactly been all pro bowl calibur the last few years so he has been carry the load more than before.

bklynbronco
07-11-2004, 11:45 AM

if it's one thing the titans were known for was running the ball with eddie george and then tossing a TD to wycheck. mason is good but he's not better than harrison. you ACTUALLY beleive that the titans were known for thier recievers? guys like bennet and McCarenns are new to the game. you can't expect us to believe that the titans recievers are better than the colts recievers or is one of the best reciever corps in the NFL. They are good but the status you have them in is Your opinion, that's not a fact. that's fine if you don't like Mcnair but don't make everybody around him hall of famers just to discredit his abilities.

KK1522
07-11-2004, 05:39 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by titanfan24
[. He's a better decision maker with the ball than Manning (only threw 7 picks last year), while leading the league in yards per attempt and passer rating. [quote]

Timeout there buddy. He threw less INT's because he didn't play for two games. (which is why this whole Co-MVP stuff irritates the hell out of me.)

And I'm a 'shoe fan, so of course I'm going with Peyton, but I can still concede that McNair is one of the best QB's out there...my only problem with him is this "tough" label. Yeah, he may be tough...but he seems to be fragile also.

bklynbronco
07-13-2004, 07:55 AM
And I'm a 'shoe fan, so of course I'm going with Peyton, but I can still concede that McNair is one of the best QB's out there...my only problem with him is this "tough" label. Yeah, he may be tough...but he seems to be fragile also.

it would be a sign of weakness if was getting hurt and not playing but he still plays with the injuries and tends to be just as productive as if he was healthy. that he gets hurt a lot is not because he's fragile, a lot of the time the play breaks down and he trying to give himself more time to find some one open and then if he can't find some one he runs and by then the defense is converging on him. his injuries are not ticky tack injuries.

dred
07-13-2004, 08:17 AM
Guys, this QB debate has been hashed out so many times on the Colts, Titans and Patriots boards that its not funny.

The best conclusions I have seen were:

Manning is the best "overall" QB....or pocket QB if you will
McNair is the best "scrambling" QB...since he is more maneuverable than the others mentioned.
Brady is the best "clutch" QB

bklynbronco
07-13-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by dred
Guys, this QB debate has been hashed out so many times on the Colts, Titans and Patriots boards that its not funny.

The best conclusions I have seen were:

Manning is the best "overall" QB....or pocket QB if you will
McNair is the best "scrambling" QB...since he is more maneuverable than the others mentioned.
Brady is the best "clutch" QB

agreed. that should be the end of it but it won't be.

dred
07-13-2004, 08:40 AM
Unfortunately your right, bklynbronco...

There will always be the bashers with their tags of "Manning is a choker", "McNair is always McHurt" and "Tom brady is...well, metrosexual".

:D

bklynbronco
07-13-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by dred
Unfortunately your right, bklynbronco...

There will always be the bashers with their tags of "Manning is a choker", "McNair is always McHurt" and "Tom brady is...well, metrosexual".

:D

metrosexual: you have been watching to much south park,"jesus crist"

seriously though manning might have taken that choker disclaimer off of him but now the pressure is on him to make the super bowl, that's not me but the media and other fans so he'll be on the hot seat again.
If mcnair could get a decent running game he probably wouldn't get as hurt as much as he does.
tom brady is a very clutch and he's getting that reputation as being a big game player.
as for his looks well your on your own with that ,lol.

KK1522
07-18-2004, 03:56 PM
Oh, I agree that McNair played through a lot of pain...it was just irritating to keep hearing about how this guy was tough, such a footballer to play through the pain, when there's other guys doing the same thing.

Does that make sense?

It was just so nauseating sometime to keep hearing about McNair's toughness after hearing about how he sustained another injury.

*sigh*

But as a QB, I'd take him, if I didn't already have Peyton. McNair does have the threat of running (or at least he did), but I like how Manning controls the clock, makes the defense play to his tempo. Oh, and watching him orchestrate the offense (like he did in Arrowhead) is just amazing.

JED Bronco
07-19-2004, 07:56 AM
Watch Plummer this year as he starts to come into his own with a good team. I'm totally pooking forward to it.

bklynbronco
07-20-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by KK1522
Oh, I agree that McNair played through a lot of pain...it was just irritating to keep hearing about how this guy was tough, such a footballer to play through the pain, when there's other guys doing the same thing.

Does that make sense?

It was just so nauseating sometime to keep hearing about McNair's toughness after hearing about how he sustained another injury.

*sigh*

But as a QB, I'd take him, if I didn't already have Peyton. McNair does have the threat of running (or at least he did), but I like how Manning controls the clock, makes the defense play to his tempo. Oh, and watching him orchestrate the offense (like he did in Arrowhead) is just amazing.

he keeps getting injured cause he doesn't let his injuries heal properly. you keep hearing about mcnair getting hurt because he doesn't rest. whether he's stubborn or tough, one thing he doesn't do is sit out for any ole injury.