PDA

View Full Version : eddie george

EddyMac87
07-19-2004, 09:49 AM
Hope Hines - Sports Director of NewsChannel 5 is reporting that Eddie George has declined the contract offer and will ask for his release Monday.

titanfan24
07-19-2004, 01:54 PM
He and Neil O'Donnell work together on the Titans beat for WTVF and Neil obviously has plenty of connections inside the organization.

The Dark Knight
07-19-2004, 03:31 PM
He's gonna go play with the Eagles

NZrichy
07-20-2004, 05:27 AM
I think the Cowboys would be a good place for him, with Julius Jones the only realy contender I think George would be a good veteran pick up.

ReleaseTheBeast7
07-20-2004, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by The Dark Knight
He's gonna go play with the Eagles

??? Ummm.... No? He's gonna play for the Raiders or Cowboys

EddyMac87
07-20-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
??? Ummm.... No? He's gonna play for the Raiders or Cowboys or eagles

The Dark Knight
07-22-2004, 01:50 AM
??? Ummm.... No? He's gonna play for the Raiders or Cowboys

He went to McNabbs wedding and McNabb talked him into going to Philly.

ozzy_osbourne
07-23-2004, 09:49 AM
Eddie George has agreed to a one-year contract with the Cowboys for a base salary of $660,000 with a signing bonus of $1.54 million, sources have told ESPN's Ed Werder.

ESPN.COM (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1844735)

TXBRONC
07-23-2004, 10:11 AM
I heard that on ESPN this morning.

Javalon
07-23-2004, 10:14 AM
So, why the minimum base salary and the big signing bonus? If it's only for one year, they can't spread the signing bonus over two seasons, can they? Or did George just want the money up front?

ReleaseTheBeast7
07-23-2004, 10:38 AM
Cowboys=NFC Champions

The Dark Knight
07-23-2004, 10:50 AM
Cowboys=NFC Champions

Not this year.
They'll be lucky to win their division.

ReleaseTheBeast7
07-23-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by The Dark Knight
Not this year.
They'll be lucky to win their division.

T.O. is gonna be a bust, and so is Joe Gibbs.... OVER RATED! Cowboys=NFC Champs.

KK1522
07-23-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Javalon
So, why the minimum base salary and the big signing bonus? If it's only for one year, they can't spread the signing bonus over two seasons, can they? Or did George just want the money up front?

The signing bonus is guaranteed...so maybe they just played a bit to Eddie to get him (i.e. to keep away from the Eagles)?

Broncos28
07-23-2004, 11:57 AM
T.O. is gonna be a bust, and so is Joe Gibbs.... OVER RATED! Cowboys=NFC Champs.Terrell Owens a bust and Joe Gibbs over rated? You are straight up drinkin' that Haterade. The Dallas Cowboys will not win their Division and the Philadelphia Eagles will. Why? Because the Philadelphia Eagles have Donovan McNabb and the Dallas Cowboys have average Quarterbacks.

I wish Eddie George signed with his hometown team the Philadelphia Eagles, because he had a better shot at goin' to the Super Bowl than the Dallas Cowboys. I would love to see the Philadelphia Eagles in the Super Bowl but only if the Atlanta Falcons don't make it to represent the NFC.

Hypnotic
07-23-2004, 12:42 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Broncos28
[B][B]Terrell Owens a bust and Joe Gibbs over rated? You are straight up drinkin' that Haterade. The Dallas Cowboys will not win their Division and the Philadelphia Eagles will. Why? Because the Philadelphia Eagles have Donovan McNabb and the Dallas Cowboys have average Quarterbacks.

I don't know... Philly isn't that deep. Plus the fact they lost key players on the defense side of the ball. Granted Mcnabb is one of the best in the NFL right now but they built that team for a 3 to 4 year run and that time has come and gone. Cowboys have loaded up and Parcells has his team ready to win now.

ReleaseTheBeast7
07-23-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Broncos28
Terrell Owens a bust and Joe Gibbs over rated? You are straight up drinkin' that Haterade. The Dallas Cowboys will not win their Division and the Philadelphia Eagles will. Why? Because the Philadelphia Eagles have Donovan McNabb and the Dallas Cowboys have average Quarterbacks.

I wish Eddie George signed with his hometown team the Philadelphia Eagles, because he had a better shot at goin' to the Super Bowl than the Dallas Cowboys. I would love to see the Philadelphia Eagles in the Super Bowl but only if the Atlanta Falcons don't make it to represent the NFC.

No T.O. is injury prone, and Donovan will be settled it to throwing to him, T.O. will hurt his shoulder, and Donovan will just throw balls to Pinkston and all and it will be INT after INT. I hate Donovan, did you see the one game where he did the crypt walk after a 7 yard scramble? What a loser.

Joe Gibbs is over rated, he has a totally different team now, he has talent but it won't settle in til' another 2 years. They will prolly got around 10-6 or something this year

Giants..... wait who are we talking about again?

Cowboys now have a back. They have Carter coming into his second year and Keyshawn with his goto guy. And last years #1 D. Hmmm... I smell NFC East Champs. I ain't a Cowboy fan, I don't even like them, I just see a really great team.

chickennob2
07-23-2004, 01:00 PM
I hate Donovan, did you see the one game where he did the crypt walk after a 7 yard scramble? What a loser.

wow, *cough*rush limbaugh *cough*, sorry, excuse me i had somethin in my throat.

chickennob2
07-23-2004, 01:03 PM
wtf, 27 left the Titans, the team he was the icon for bcuz of money. ten offered him a 1.5 mil salary and some kind of signing bonus. He left the team he made and moved to texas all for a gain of maybe 100,000 dollars. wut is this guy on?

chickennob2
07-23-2004, 01:06 PM
well, hes in dallas

ReleaseTheBeast7
07-23-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by chickennob2
wow, *cough*rush limbaugh *cough*, sorry, excuse me i had somethin in my throat.

Nope, Cuz I like Vick, Culpepper, and Brooks. I would like McNabb 2, but he's an eagle.