PDA

View Full Version : Espn Nfl 2k5

Broncos28
07-21-2004, 12:48 PM
I just picked up ESPN NFL 2K5 at EB Games for $21.54 about 30 minutes ago. The game looks like last years game. Even for $21.54 cents I still feel upset about it.

The graphics still does suck. It's just horrible looking and still the players have the wrong Facemask on and they don't even have pictures of Tatum Bell, D.J. Williams, and I think most of the Denver Broncos Rookies. How pathetic.

I played for a lil' bit and it's kind of boring just like last years game. I have to learn the buttons first because I'm so used to Madden NFL and NCAA Football. Sucks they don't have a tutorial or something on the game where it shows you video of how to play the game like Madden NFL and NCAA Football.

The only thing I have liked about it so far is the Presentation and the ESPN NFL Prime Time music. Wish it came with an ESPN NFL Prime Time CD so I can listen to it while I play games.

Anyway, so far I'm disappointed even for $21.54 and I'm about to just take the game out and put back in a great game called NCAA Football 2005. I don't know what y'all really see in this ESPN NFL 2K5 but I'm still trying to give it a chance but right now it sucks like the graphics. Thank God I didn't blow $54 on this game, I would have been mad pissed off.
:coffee:

elof
07-21-2004, 01:06 PM
hmmm. that's not what the so called experts are saying.

ign gave it a 9.0 and users are giving it a 9.3. anything over a 8.5 or so should be a really good game.

ign says that there are a lot of improvements over last years version.

at the very worst it's a game you can play for three weeks until madden comes out.

theshiverman
07-21-2004, 01:49 PM
Cool, i hope its like last years, couse that game was cool on the xbox! ill be picking up this bad boy in about an hour, i like EA for the college game, in my opinon NCAA college football by EA is the best out there, but for the pro's i like espn 2k better, probly couse i like varity, and madden is just a carbon copy of NCAA with pro teams, the game play is the same, only madden sux as an anouncer, and the college anounce crew makes me feel like im at home on saturday watching a real college game.

want2bAbronco
07-21-2004, 01:51 PM
"Sucks they don't have a tutorial or something on the game where it shows you video of how to play the game like Madden NFL and NCAA Football."

friend said they have a Defense and Offensive trainning thing. I am going to go buy it tonight! havent really cared for Madden, so hopefully this will be great.

elof
07-21-2004, 02:01 PM
one thing that really caught my eye was the vip profile.

after you play a while it espn saves your playing tendencies. if you have a friend that you have a hard time beating, you can play against his vip profile when he is not around to learn how to beat him.

i would think that this would be real fun because beating your friends is almost always tougher than beating the computer.

Perry1977
07-21-2004, 02:07 PM
:rolleyes:

This is like Michael Moore saying "Well this whole Republican thing really isn't as great as everyone says, I think I will stick with the Democrats."

LOL.

Broncos28
07-21-2004, 03:19 PM
Well, when I talked about the graphics I was talking about the Player Models. They look ugly and very cartoonish. Other than that, everything is fine with the graphics. I'm still trying to get used to the game. Haven't been impressed with it yet. I'll keep you guys updated and tell you if I'm starting to like the game or not. So far it's still a thumbs down.

Anyway, I can't wait for August 12, 2004 when Madden NFL 2005. When I get it, ESPN NFL 2K5 will be collecting dust.

elof
07-21-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Broncos28
Well, when I talked about the graphics I was talking about the Player Models. They look ugly and very cartoonish. Other than that, everything is fine with the graphics. I'm still trying to get used to the game. Haven't been impressed with it yet. I'll keep you guys updated and tell you if I'm starting to like the game or not. So far it's still a thumbs down.

Anyway, I can't wait for August 12, 2004 when Madden NFL 2005. When I get it, ESPN NFL 2K5 will be collecting dust.

i'll give you 5 bucks for espn on august 12th.

Trumpett
07-21-2004, 04:14 PM
What version did you buy? Was it the PS2 or Xbox? The Xbox version is suppose to have the best graphics for any NFL title this year. The PS2 version has lower graphics to fit the console. I just ordered the Xbox version and hope to get it soon.

TCBroncos
07-21-2004, 04:32 PM
wats denver def and O and overall rateing ?

willynowei2
07-21-2004, 05:42 PM
Plz tell us the overall team ratings of the AFC west....

I heard only good things about this game except that the ratings were the worst of any football game ever.....

Thanks.

theshiverman
07-21-2004, 06:06 PM
Broncos off 80 , def 85 , overall 85 - chiefs off 94 , def 78 , overall 89 - raiders off 84 , def 89 , overall 89 - chargers off 75 , def 71, overall 76

theshiverman
07-21-2004, 06:15 PM
some key player raitings on denvers team.....plummer 85 - griffin 75 - bell 71 - anderson 86 - R.smith 85 - A. lelie 81 - weaver 74 - elliss 75 - fatafehi 72 - pryce 80 - hayward 75 - mobley 79 - williams 75 - wilson 87 - bailey 93 - herndon 72 - walls 67 - lynch 88 - kennedy 73 - ferguson 75

Hartley
07-21-2004, 06:33 PM
Has anyone from colorado tried to pick up a copy yet? I tried today, but they said it would be in tomorrow. However i went to gameforce, not a major store. Just wondering, cause i want that game so bad lol, especially for $21.50 or whatever.

Broncos28
07-21-2004, 06:49 PM
Well, I just finished a whole game beating the Green Bay Packers 52-14 with the Atlanta Falcons at Lambeau Field, I picked off Brett Favre like seven times. Anyway, even though I won I had a very boring time playing it. Doesn't say a lot about the game now does it? And yes it's the PlayStation2 version of the game. The graphics are great except for the Player Model which is absolutely horrifying to look at. Players when movin' side to side turn their bodies like bike handle bars. That looks very Atari like. Anyway, I think the game is all right but not near close to the fun and excitement I had while playing NCAA Football 2005 and I expect Madden NFL 2005 to be way better than this game. Thank God I only paid $21.54 and believe me next year when ESPN NFL 2K6 comes out, it wont see a penny of my money knowing it's goin' to be $54.

AUGUST 12 NEEDS TO GET HERE SOON & SAVE ME FROM THIS GAME!

Broncos28
07-21-2004, 06:54 PM
Oh, and another thing, where the Hell are the big hits on this game? Played a whole game and haven't seen one big hit that made me go ouuu and ahhh and made me want to watch it on a replay. That's pathetic. Madden NFL 2005 will be King again.

I love the Definitive Jux "Clean Living" song on there by RJD2, very classic. Love his music.

ReleaseTheBeast7
07-21-2004, 06:55 PM
I just picked up ESPN NFL 2K5 at EB Games for $21.54 about 30 minutes ago. The game looks like last years game. Even for $21.54 cents I still feel upset about it.

The graphics still does suck. It's just horrible looking and still the players have the wrong Facemask on and they don't even have pictures of Tatum Bell, D.J. Williams, and I think most of the Denver Broncos Rookies. How pathetic.

I played for a lil' bit and it's kind of boring just like last years game. I have to learn the buttons first because I'm so used to Madden NFL and NCAA Football. Sucks they don't have a tutorial or something on the game where it shows you video of how to play the game like Madden NFL and NCAA Football.

The only thing I have liked about it so far is the Presentation and the ESPN NFL Prime Time music. Wish it came with an ESPN NFL Prime Time CD so I can listen to it while I play games.

Anyway, so far I'm disappointed even for $21.54 and I'm about to just take the game out and put back in a great game called NCAA Football 2005. I don't know what y'all really see in this ESPN NFL 2K5 but I'm still trying to give it a chance but right now it sucks like the graphics. Thank God I didn't blow $54 on this game, I would have been mad pissed off.

1. There is so a tutorial
2. Unless your playing on PS2 your fucing outta your mind! ESPNS GRAPHICS KILL!

Broncos28
07-21-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
1. There is so a tutorial
2. Unless your playing on PS2 your fucing outta your mind! ESPNS GRAPHICS KILL!Well, that is your opinion. Like I had said before, "The graphics are great except for the Player Model which is absolutely horrifying to look at." Anyway, this game is boring. When I played it all I can think about it just wanting to play NCAA Football 2005 instead. But I fought my urge to play NCAA Football 2005 and just try to give ESPN NFL 2K5 but damn the Player Model are just bugging the Hell out of me.

Oh, when I simulated a season they had the Denver Broncos losing to sucky teams and mostly losing at home. How real is that?

willynowei2
07-21-2004, 07:28 PM
I will admit it, the Denver Broncos are sadly underated in this video game, and it's ratings overall are horrible, but i guess atleast you could edit them, its definitely not cool but 20 bux, its worth it, especially since everything else is Madden X 10 fold.

MNBroncosFan
07-21-2004, 07:44 PM
Well I Just got done playing a game myself and it was nice for a change to not hear Madden talk about the same crap over and over. It was a nice change. I personally thought the graphics were great and the game was fun. More fun than Madden 2004. However I also noticed no big hits. Other than that I would highly recommend this game for $20! Nice Camera shots in this game as well.

bleedbluorange
07-21-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by theshiverman
some key player raitings on denvers team.....plummer 85 - griffin 75 - bell 71 - anderson 86 - R.smith 85 - A. lelie 81 - weaver 74 - elliss 75 - fatafehi 72 - pryce 80 - hayward 75 - mobley 79 - williams 75 - wilson 87 - bailey 93 - herndon 72 - walls 67 - lynch 88 - kennedy 73 - ferguson 75 Pryce an 80 and wilson an 87, but they got kennedy at 88(the second highest on the team). P L E A S E!!!!!!!!! I will not waste $1.00 on this crap. I was just about to pick it up too. THX for the heads up.

Broncos28
07-21-2004, 07:58 PM
Well, on the hardest level of this game I am whoopin' up on the San Diego Chargers 31-7 with the Denver Broncos and it ain't even Half Time. By the way I am a Rookie new to this ESPN NFL thing. Garrison Hearst already has scored four TD's. This vide game is very Offensive Game. Hardly any Defense. It don't seem real to me and the way the Players run look like they got somethin' up they booty.

This game is nothing but great Presentation, other than that I'm not havin' too much fun playin' it.

Broncos28
07-21-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by bleedbluorange
Pryce an 80 and wilson an 87, but they got kennedy at 88(the second highest on the team). P L E A S E!!!!!!!!! I will not waste $1.00 on this crap. I was just about to pick it up too. THX for the heads up.No problem, just save your money for Madden NFL 2005 but if you haven't picked up NCAA Football 2005, it is a must have. That game is really kickin' ESPN NFL 2K5's ass right now.
:fight:

theshiverman
07-21-2004, 08:21 PM
lynch is 88, kennedy is 73

bleedbluorange
07-21-2004, 08:23 PM
No problem, just save your money for Madden NFL 2005 but if you haven't picked up NCAA Football 2005, it is a must have. That game is really kickin' ESPN NFL 2K5's ass right now.
:fight: I cant believe Espn was hyped up so much on this board. They really talked me into buying it, but I knew it was weak when they dropped the price. Good games are gonna sell(like NCAA and Madden), without cutting prices. It almost worked. I thought it was strange that they released it before training camp starts.

theshiverman
07-21-2004, 08:26 PM
Raiders will always get a boost, broncos will always get the shaft, all the programers live in california. hehe

BroncoAvsFan
07-21-2004, 08:39 PM
Wow. You all have got to be kidding me. This game is increadible. Yes Ill admit that Some teams are too overrated or underrated, but that seems to be the only flaw. The graphics are simply stunning along with great sounds and the best football commentary Ive heard. The gameplay is great and very realistic. Not to mention all the extra features including a huge crib, the ESPN 25th Anniversary mode, and the VIP which is awsome. I dont understand how you can think that this game isnt worth $20, when IMO defiantly worth $50.

Here are some reviews of the game from proffesionals.
http://www.operationsports.com/reviews.asp?game=espnnfl2005xbox
http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/766/ESPN-NFL-2005/p1
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/530/530939p1.html
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/sports/espnnflfootball2005/review.html

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=404504

EDIT: oh ya, for the Xbox, Xbox live is also awsome. You can even play a tournoment or an entire season with other people. The presentation is also great.

Chaji
07-21-2004, 08:41 PM
I got the game for free, so I'll play it. :) But I wouldn't have spent even 20 dollars on it.

Javalon
07-21-2004, 08:58 PM
Geez. Some of you are way too defensive about your favorite football games. Football games are fine but if you want some real entertainment, just wait. On August 3rd comes...

DOOM 3!!! (http://www.doom3.com/)

(Don't get your feathers ruffled, I'm not really ripping on football games.)

TCBroncos
07-21-2004, 09:01 PM
Well, on the hardest level of this game I am whoopin' up on the San Diego Chargers 31-7 with the Denver Broncos and it ain't even Half Time. By the way I am a Rookie new to this ESPN NFL thing. Garrison Hearst already has scored four TD's. This vide game is very Offensive Game. Hardly any Defense. It don't seem real to me and the way the Players run look like they got somethin' up they booty.

This game is nothing but great Presentation, other than that I'm not havin' too much fun playin' it.

dude are u talking about espn 2k4 lol :fight:

Broncos28
07-21-2004, 09:02 PM
No Problem My Peoples!

I ain't saying the game sucks but it ain't great like all these sites and People have been saying about it. I mean I don't see what they are seeing. I had a feeling that I was in for a disappointment when I bought it but was hoping that I would be wrong. But they didn't prove me wrong.

The worst thing about this game is the Player Models, the way the Playbook is design (can't really tell what it is running when you look at the picture), and the way the Players run. They run like 1980s Atari.

The best thing about this game is it's Presentation of everything. This is one thing I wish the Madden NFL series had. The Presentation is flawless in ESPN NFL 2K5.

Oh, and another thing I just had happen was Champ Bailey get burn on a slant patter for a first down by the San Diego Chargers second year Wide Receiver Sammy Parker. Unbelievable!

TCBroncos
07-21-2004, 09:08 PM
dude are u talking about espn 2k4 lol

Broncos28
07-21-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by TCBroncos
dude are u talking about espn 2k4 lolWhat is the tittle of the thread? ESPN NFL 2K5, yes the one with Terrell Owens on the cover. I know what I am talking about. Anyway, this game is all right but not great.
:duh:

ReleaseTheBeast7
07-21-2004, 10:00 PM
Well, that is your opinion. Like I had said before, "The graphics are great except for the Player Model which is absolutely horrifying to look at." Anyway, this game is boring. When I played it all I can think about it just wanting to play NCAA Football 2005 instead. But I fought my urge to play NCAA Football 2005 and just try to give ESPN NFL 2K5 but damn the Player Model are just bugging the Hell out of me.

Oh, when I simulated a season they had the Denver Broncos losing to sucky teams and mostly losing at home. How real is that?

Last years Madden I simulated it and the Broncos went 0-16... Hmm...

bleedbluorange
07-21-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by BroncoAvsFan
Wow. You all have got to be kidding me. This game is increadible. Yes Ill admit that Some teams are too overrated or underrated, but that seems to be the only flaw. The graphics are simply stunning along with great sounds and the best football commentary Ive heard. The gameplay is great and very realistic. Not to mention all the extra features including a huge crib, the ESPN 25th Anniversary mode, and the VIP which is awsome. I dont understand how you can think that this game isnt worth $20, when IMO defiantly worth $50.

Here are some reviews of the game from proffesionals.
http://www.operationsports.com/reviews.asp?game=espnnfl2005xbox
http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/766/ESPN-NFL-2005/p1
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/530/530939p1.html
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/sports/espnnflfootball2005/review.html

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=404504

EDIT: oh ya, for the Xbox, Xbox live is also awsome. You can even play a tournoment or an entire season with other people. The presentation is also great. fifty is the going rate on all good games. I dont think you can by madden 2004 used for a dub(20 dollars).

ReleaseTheBeast7
07-21-2004, 10:03 PM
No Problem My Peoples!

I ain't saying the game sucks but it ain't great like all these sites and People have been saying about it. I mean I don't see what they are seeing. I had a feeling that I was in for a disappointment when I bought it but was hoping that I would be wrong. But they didn't prove me wrong.

The worst thing about this game is the Player Models, the way the Playbook is design (can't really tell what it is running when you look at the picture), and the way the Players run. They run like 1980s Atari.

The best thing about this game is it's Presentation of everything. This is one thing I wish the Madden NFL series had. The Presentation is flawless in ESPN NFL 2K5.

Oh, and another thing I just had happen was Champ Bailey get burn on a slant patter for a first down by the San Diego Chargers second year Wide Receiver Sammy Parker. Unbelievable!

The players models are great! It's not like Madden where you can barely see the numbers cuz their so small.

Broncos28
07-21-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
The players models are great! It's not like Madden where you can barely see the numbers cuz their so small.You have your opinion and I have mine. Madden NFL 2005 and NCAA Football 2005 Player Models look way better to ME than ESPN NFL 2K5. All the Players look all square. Just square every where on their body. The helmet design look ugly. Anyway if you love this game so much I'll trade you this for Madden NFL 2005 stright up. I had more fun playing Super Tecmo Bowl than this.

chickennob2
07-21-2004, 10:11 PM
ok number one DBfan wutever. The UT vols? THEY SUCK UT SUCKS EVEN MORE THAN THE RAIDERS!

anyways, i have a gamecube, and this stuff really pisses me off. Im POd, if i cant say pissed

Perry1977
07-21-2004, 10:29 PM
Madden is just going to be Madden 2001 released for the 5th year in a row. Instead of fixing all the stupid crap in the game, they make your players throw fits and refuse to play. Grreeeaaat. As far as the ESPN reviews are going, the only two people talking crap about it are the two biggest mouths that were against it before the release, too. Take it with a grain of salt.

Madden has a lot of problems that they never fix, and you guys just keep hitting the feeder bar like trained rats going for a treat. It's no wonder they never fix anything. They don't have to, you keep buying it.

I'm with Jav, Doom 3!! rofl!

daredevil25
07-21-2004, 10:33 PM
I have it, but I haven't played much.

BroncoAvsFan
07-21-2004, 10:38 PM
WHen did you get it Daredevil. And Broncos28, Im seriously starting to doubt that you even have the game considering what you are saying about it, none of which is really even true. How about all you Madden lovers try a different game to compare Madden to. Who knows, maybe you'll like it more.;)

ReleaseTheBeast7
07-21-2004, 10:38 PM
You have your opinion and I have mine. Madden NFL 2005 and NCAA Football 2005 Player Models look way better to ME than ESPN NFL 2K5. All the Players look all square. Just square every where on their body. The helmet design look ugly. Anyway if you love this game so much I'll trade you this for Madden NFL 2005 stright up. I had more fun playing Super Tecmo Bowl than this.
Alright fine i'll drop it. But you don't tell West to lay off the ESPN crap.

ReleaseTheBeast7
07-21-2004, 10:39 PM
WHen did you get it Daredevil. And Broncos28, Im seriously starting to doubt that you even have the game considering what you are saying about it, none of which is really even true. How about all you Madden lovers try a different game to compare Madden to. Who knows, maybe you'll like it more.;)

I had a hard time giving up Madden for ESPN last year but I liked it more.

EMCF
07-21-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by theshiverman
Broncos off 80 , def 85 , overall 85 - chiefs off 94 , def 78 , overall 89 - raiders off 84 , def 89 , overall 89 - chargers off 75 , def 71, overall 76

Ummm, broncos D should be much higher considering how they did last year and all the additions they have this year. Maybe a little higher on the O. The chiefs have good numbers, wicked O terrible D. Raiders are not that high the broncos easily have a better offence and thier D never produces the way it should.

Broncos28
07-21-2004, 11:09 PM
WHen did you get it Daredevil. And Broncos28, Im seriously starting to doubt that you even have the game considering what you are saying about it, none of which is really even true. How about all you Madden lovers try a different game to compare Madden to. Who knows, maybe you'll like it more.;)Why do I need to prove anything to you about if I have the game or not? What you want me to do, ring your door bell with the game in my hand? I have the game, I got it at 11 in the morning. Besides I got more credibility than you on this Board than you with your two total post. Anyway, nice to have you here. Anyway, I didn't say it sucked but it's not as great as everybody else was saying. Basically is just what you prefer and I ain't feeling it as much as you guys. It's just my opinion.

My Boy Parry1977 over here bashing Madden NFL 2005 when the game hasn't even came out yet. Anyway, go to MaddenNation.com and read what the People who went EA Sports Headquarters and read what they had to say about it. They was givin' it a 9/10. They redid everything with the game play. They said it's all about Defense this year.

ANYWAY IT IS WHAT YOU PREFER PEOPLE & I JUST AIN'T FEELIN' ESPN NFL 2K5 LIKE THAT!

GIVEME6
07-21-2004, 11:23 PM
I tried to convince alot of you to get this game. I am sorry if you plunked down $20 for this crappy game. Websites and magazines overhyped this game and I believed it. No way in hell will ESPN2K6 get any of my time or money. I'll stick with Madden and NCAA thank you. ESPN2K5=Disappointment

Broncos28
07-21-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
I tried to convince alot of you to get this game. I am sorry if you plunked down $20 for this crappy game. Websites and magazines overhyped this game and I believed it. No way in hell will ESPN2K6 get any of my time or money. I'll stick with Madden and NCAA thank you. ESPN2K5=DisappointmentIt's all right, the $20 price tag was the reason it made me buy the game. See I told you guys that I wasn't the only one who didn't like it. My Boy PLUMMERFAN16 wasn't even feelin' it eitha. I mean I'm really trying my best to give this game a chance but it just feels like this game came out in 2000 instead of 2004. It's just what you prefer and we decided that we gonna stick with NCAA Football and Madden NFL for now on.

broncofan303
07-21-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by westflbroncostud
STICK TO EA SPORTS MY BROTHER!!!! :ROCKON: NCAA KICKS SERIOUS ASS!!!!!! but seriously the experts are nothing but nut sucking espn like dudes like dbfan4lyfe LOL

20 bucks or 50 bucks...ESPN is worth a chance.. and I was impressed with the presentation if this game, something Madden needs to work on..things like the halftime show, the fans, etc.

daredevil25
07-22-2004, 12:21 AM
I bought it today, SOLELY off it was only 20 bucks. After the first 10 minutes I wanted to take it back, not off gameplay but depth charts. Keith Brooking has been listed as WOLB since March...in the game he's a MLB and I can't change his position. Several cuts we made back in June aren't in this game and Visual Concepts had MORE than enough time to do this. Player pictures that I've been able to see on the Falcons website since April (rookies especially) aren't on here either. Only one....get this ONE! of our rookies has a picture!

So far, the playbooks seems nothing like what the Falcons are running. They should be running a WCO but I have a hard time seeing it, we have very few multiple WR sets and it looks eerily similar to the Dan Reeves R2P2 playbook. As for running the ball, it is still a workout in hell right now, but atleast passing the ball is somewhat easier. Guys can actually take hits and catch the ball, but open drops is still a problem and unlike NCAA (which has been an emotional roller coaster, one moment I love it, the next I hate it, then love it) if a ball is tipped its picked off, none of your guys even try to get back to it. Anyway's I'll play some more over the week and do a review, either daily or once I complete a season.

Plummerfan, I don't mind paying the money just to play some football and I had to know because the three football games this season brought more hype than possibly ever. However, if my experience so far continues I highly reccomend not buying ESPN and if you did, it makes a great coaster.

Broncos28
07-22-2004, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by broncofan303
20 bucks or 50 bucks...ESPN is worth a chance.. and I was impressed with the presentation if this game, something Madden needs to work on..things like the halftime show, the fans, etc.Well, the great Presentation is not why I bought the game. It's just there to make it look nice. I bought the game to play it and as far as the gameplay goes, it's not real fun.

I had more fun when it was Joe Montana NFL Football than now being it ESPN NFL 2K5._ I used to hate all the_Madden NFL games and always preferred the Sega Football games back in the days._ But ever since the first Madden NFL 2001 came out for the PlayStation2 I've been hooked to it.

THE REAL FOOTBALL SEASON STARTS AUGUST 12, MADDEN NFL 2005!:duh:

Broncos28
07-22-2004, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by daredevil25
I bought it today, SOLELY off it was only 20 bucks. After the first 10 minutes I wanted to take it back, not off gameplay but depth charts. Keith Brooking has been listed as WOLB since March...in the game he's a MLB and I can't change his position. Several cuts we made back in June aren't in this game and Visual Concepts had MORE than enough time to do this. Player pictures that I've been able to see on the Falcons website since April (rookies especially) aren't on here either. Only one....get this ONE! of our rookies has a picture!

So far, the playbooks seems nothing like what the Falcons are running. They should be running a WCO but I have a hard time seeing it, we have very few multiple WR sets and it looks eerily similar to the Dan Reeves R2P2 playbook. As for running the ball, it is still a workout in hell right now, but atleast passing the ball is somewhat easier. Guys can actually take hits and catch the ball, but open drops is still a problem and unlike NCAA (which has been an emotional roller coaster, one moment I love it, the next I hate it, then love it) if a ball is tipped its picked off, none of your guys even try to get back to it. Anyway's I'll play some more over the week and do a review, either daily or once I complete a season.

Plummerfan, I don't mind paying the money just to play some football and I had to know because the three football games this season brought more hype than possibly ever. However, if my experience so far continues I highly reccomend not buying ESPN and if you did, it makes a great coaster.Yeah, I was wondering all this too while I was whoopin' up on the Green Bay Packers with the Atlanta Falcons 52-14. It's funny how they have John Mobley starting on this game when he is on the Injured Reserve List and how they have Kelly Herndon playing opposite of Champ Bailey at Corner Back.

I think having them moving up the release date to August 21 really hurt them with this and I figure this would happen. They didn't have a picture of D.J. Williams on here.
:confused:

Broncos28
07-22-2004, 03:13 AM
Here is one some guy had to say about it on MaddenNation.Com when talking about ESPN NFL 2K5.
Originally posted by SublimeLBC
ESPN 2K5 blows a big one. Yeah, the gameplay and graphics are OK. That's where it ends.

The rosters and ratings are so messed up. They have free agents who never got released by their teams, top rookies rated in the 40's and 50's. The rosters are terribly inaccurate and that's what pissed me off first. But no biggy, I made a few changes.

Then I keep getting these annoying "phone calls" from Carmen Electra telling me to come to the Crib and play against her "Electra Shock" team. What the hell?

Then I go into franchise mode. DEAR GOD. I was so psyched up about all the stuff in here. Like the presentation, SportsCenter, Mel Kiper Jr., rookies having faces formed by fusing real NFL players' pictures.. It's all crap. Plus the computer GMs are retarded.

The presentation gets old after about 3 SportsCenters. Mel Kiper Jr. gives no help and just kind of picks a guy out of the blue to talk about. There are about 10 of the same face in each draft class.

Now about the computer GMs. There are about 3 player-for-player trades a week in the game (there are maybe 3 big player-for-player trades a year in the NFL). And I'm not talking about small stuff. Warren Sapp for Shaun Ellis ... And then I get to the combine. I always love the draft in Madden. But I was thinking ESPN was gonna blow it out of the water. OK, at the combine when you scout, you don't know anything about each guy. You could be scouting the top guy in the country or the worst guy. All it does is give you their combine numbers and it's up to you to figure out the rest. LAME. At least give a projection like in Madden. So I decide to simulate the draft because I have no idea what the hell is going on. I go to sign my rookies and I'm puzzled as hell. The Saints, who have a top 3 RB, drafted RBs with their first two picks?! And one has an overall rating of 33? WOW! Then I look at the draft review. 8 of the top 10 picks were QBs. The Cowboys, Texans, Colts, and Lions took QBs. The Saints and Jags took RBs. There was a series of 12 (yes, 12) picks that were all OT's.

I'm infuriated that I wasted $20 on this bull****. And yall seem to love it. I guess the people who are lovin it haven't quite gone into Franchise...And this is what I had to say about it, "LMAO! I ain't gone that far with it yet but ESPN NFL 2K5, I am not feeling it all. Worst move ever in gaming history is them moving up the release date. It's all wacked out in my opinion. They actually had the Oakland Raiders ranked higher than my Denver Broncos. I didn't understand also why the computer was going no huddle on Offense with like five minutes left in the First Quarter. Pathetic!"

Perry1977
07-22-2004, 06:16 AM
My Boy Parry1977 over here bashing Madden NFL 2005 when the game hasn't even came out yet. Anyway, go to MaddenNation.com and read what the People who went EA Sports Headquarters and read what they had to say about it. They was givin' it a 9/10. They redid everything with the game play. They said it's all about Defense this year.

Uhm, no I have not. You need to brush up on your reading comprehension a bit. I am bashing Madden in general. I listed 51 things that I think suck about Madden, where were you on that post? The problem I have with Madden is they never fix anything. Say what you want, but the same rumors were floating around about Madden 2004. Improved AI, more realistic, etc etc. In reality the game was just the same damned thing as 2003 (which was 2002, which was 2001) with some new commentary, a few new animations, and the ability to design plays. Don't you understand that? I am not going to pay 50 bucks for a new roster, dude. If Madden can actually show me some actual improvements to the GAME ITSELF instead of just some added on fluff, I will buy it.

Based on Maddens *****ty track record of packaging the same game year after year, here is my prediction for Madden 2005:

It's going to be Madden 2004, but now your players are going to whine and refuse to play unless you keep them happy. That's just great. The defensive ends are still going to run around your tackles untouched, you still wont be able to lob passes over anybody, the 'AI' (which isn't even 'Aritificial intelligence, but I digress) is going to consist of defensive players making superhuman moves to get to the plays (to compensate for the lack of AI), etc etc.

The only way I am going to buy Madden 2005 is if they show me they actually are improving the game instead of slapping the same old crap in a new box for the 5th consecutive year. Maybe games would be forced to get better if people didn't keep buying the mindless drivel they keep pumping out.

Show me how Madden is a better game this year, and I'll buy it. But I won't until I have proof.

AsianOrange
07-22-2004, 06:44 AM
Not bad for a 20 bucks!

Booher
07-22-2004, 07:40 AM
After palying espn 2k5 all other football games pale in comparison.

ReleaseTheBeast7
07-22-2004, 10:18 AM
and the worst part is espn snaked all the customers with its features and franchise online to buy it...and it sucks...madden is going to blow them out of the water....ncaa is the best game so far...but madden hasnt come out YET!:D

Have you tried it yet? NO! So shut up. ESPN is better and was last year. Say whatever you want but in my opinion Madden can't touch it. It's like a geek tryin' to get puss from a hott broad.

Broncos28
07-22-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Perry1977
Uhm, no I have not. You need to brush up on your reading comprehension a bit. I am bashing Madden in general. I listed 51 things that I think suck about Madden, where were you on that post?I was too busy playing NCAA Football 2005 which is obviously a lot better than ESPN NFL 2K5. Why would I want to play ESPN NFL 2K5 that is all wacked out with it's ratings and having Players in their wrong Position like daredevil25 said? They should have just waited a little longer instead of moving up the release date. Maybe the game would be a lot better and more realistic. Anyway, it's not like I care if you buy Madden NFL 2005 or not. It looks like you haven't read up on anything about Madden NFL 2005 with what you have said so far. So I guess you'll be missing out.

broncofan303
07-22-2004, 04:43 PM
Well, the great Presentation is not why I bought the game. It's just there to make it look nice. I bought the game to play it and as far as the gameplay goes, it's not real fun.

I had more fun when it was Joe Montana NFL Football than now being it ESPN NFL 2K5._ I used to hate all the_Madden NFL games and always preferred the Sega Football games back in the days._ But ever since the first Madden NFL 2001 came out for the PlayStation2 I've been hooked to it.

THE REAL FOOTBALL SEASON STARTS AUGUST 12, MADDEN NFL 2005!:duh:

LOL, that's why i like it..it does remind me a lot like Joe Montanna football back in '94 for the sega, but all I'm saying is that the 20 bucks is worth it..and it's up to you if you like it or not, I'm not here to tell anybody to like it or dislike it, doesn't matter to me..but a deal is a deal and this is a deal...if all else fails, take it back to game-force, get 15 bucks trade in and throw in 35 more bucks to get Madden..

broncofan303
07-22-2004, 04:44 PM
NCAA!!!!!:rockon:

that game rules...better than Madden 2k5 IMO...you can actually play defense in that game instead of having a Madden game that is 45-38 even in Madden mode..

Broncos28
07-22-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by broncofan303
that game rules...better than Madden 2k5 IMO...you can actually play defense in that game instead of having a Madden game that is 45-38 even in Madden mode..Yeah, NCAA Football 2005 is sick with it. The game play got a lot better on Defense but the Receivers drop just a lil' bit too many pass for my liking. But other than that it's a great game.

I was playing ESPN NFL 2K5 but I just got frustrated with it so I took it out and put in NCAA Football 2005 and had a great game with the Colorado Buffalos at Miami Hurricanes. I was CU of course. But I lost 27-24 because Bobby Purify did an Ernest Byner and fumbled it at the one before he went into the End Zone. I was pissed but it was a classic game. Had big plays both on Offense and on Defense. Big hits as well. It was just a grind and a struggle the whole game. That game is so much fun. Best Football game I've ever played thus far.

Broncos28
07-22-2004, 07:20 PM
they say this year in madden its all about D so maybe that will changeYeah, it's all about Defense this year but they didn't touch the Offense except for a few minor adjustment with the running game, the run blocking, as well as the pass have been improved I heard. I think they also added a few things as well but I can't think of 'em right now off the top of my head. But they improved the Defense so it would play more equal to the great Offensive Game that Madden NFL 2005 has. I can't wait.

Broncos28
07-22-2004, 07:43 PM
PUT IN CALHOUN!!!!! lol sounds good...i had a good game...i was kentucky in the swamp...it was 24-6 at halftime...got the ball after scored it was 24-12....then they fumbled on the kickoff and i recovered and then scored again 24-20....stopped them got the ball back drove the ball down the field scored and its 24-27....then they kicked a field goal on at the end of teh 3rd quarter and then final seconds of the game Leak threw up a bomb from the 50 and scored...damn bastard...it was like 3000 greatness score:) i was sweating so hard...GREAT GAME...Nah, I didn't want to put Brian Calhoun sell out ass in there because he's not on the team anymore. I don't even try to have him on Special Teams as well. That also goes for Defensive End Marques Harris and Corner Back Sammy Joseph. They sold out by transferring and I'm upset because they are the best Players in their respected Positions. Anyway, I don't have 'em playing in there because I want it to be real. You should do the same thing. Now all I got to do is fine someone who has all the names of the Players for every single School for NCAA Football 2005.

broncofan303
07-22-2004, 08:10 PM
Nah, I didn't want to put Brian Calhoun sell out ass in there because he's not on the team anymore. I don't even try to have him on Special Teams as well. That also goes for Defensive End Marques Harris and Corner Back Sammy Joseph. They sold out by transferring and I'm upset because they are the best Players in their respected Positions. Anyway, I don't have 'em playing in there because I want it to be real. You should do the same thing. Now all I got to do is fine someone who has all the names of the Players for every single School for NCAA Football 2005.

dang right...but I say, let them go..only guy we really lost was Marques Harris..other than that..Sammy "burnt every time" Joseph and Calhoun can go .. we're gonna have a great team this year...and obvious pick to win the Big 12 North but lose to OKU in the championship..

Perry1977
07-22-2004, 08:22 PM
I was too busy playing NCAA Football 2005 which is obviously a lot better than ESPN NFL 2K5. Why would I want to play ESPN NFL 2K5 that is all wacked out with it's ratings and having Players in their wrong Position like daredevil25 said? They should have just waited a little longer instead of moving up the release date. Maybe the game would be a lot better and more realistic. Anyway, it's not like I care if you buy Madden NFL 2005 or not. It looks like you haven't read up on anything about Madden NFL 2005 with what you have said so far. So I guess you'll be missing out.

Well, if you're so f*cking well read on the subject, why don't you answer my question instead of beating around the bush? What have they fixed? Just because I am a shrewd consumer with actual standards, and I don't buy into the marketing hype that Madden so fiendishly employs, doesn't mean I don't know what I am talking about.

Back your sh*t up instead of all the jaw flapping. What have they fixed?

Broncos28
07-22-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Perry1977
Well, if you're so f*cking well read on the subject, why don't you answer my question instead of beating around the bush? What have they fixed? Just because I am a shrewd consumer with actual standards, and I don't buy into the marketing hype that Madden so fiendishly employs, doesn't mean I don't know what I am talking about.

Back your sh*t up instead of all the jaw flapping. What have they fixed?
Yeah, it's all about Defense this year but they didn't touch the Offense except for a few minor adjustment with the running game, the run blocking, as well as the pass have been improved I heard. I think they also added a few things as well but I can't think of 'em right now off the top of my head. But they improved the Defense so it would play more equal to the great Offensive Game that Madden NFL 2005 has. I can't wait.Plus the game is a lot faster this year. Anyway, I don't know why you comin' all up in here with an attitude like you ready to fight. Calm yo ass down, it ain't that serious. Actin' like I got some beef with you. Squash All That Beef!

Perry1977
07-22-2004, 10:20 PM
I was drunk. Regardless, you still don't have proof. I will take all the Madden BS as jargon until proven otherwise. I am not getting ESPN this year, I will be spending many hours on games that they actually work to make better. =p