PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody else get ESPN NFL 2K5?



sportsgeist
07-22-2004, 09:57 AM
You need to pick this game up if you haven't yet. It's only $19.99 and Madden won't be out for a couple weeks. Everybody is giving it really good reviews too. This game is the best football game to date. I've had it for a day and a half and already put 20 hours on it.

Team Xbox gave it a 9.5
Team Xbox ESPN NFL 2K5 review (http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/766/ESPN-NFL-2005/p1)

Operation Sports gave it a 5 out of 5
OS's review of ESPN NFL 2K5 (http://www.operationsports.com/reviews.asp?game=espnnfl2005xbox)

IGN gave it a 9.4
IGN's review of ESPN NFL 2K5 (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/530/530939p1.html)

Gamespot gave it a 9.2
Gamespot's review of ESPN NFL 2K5 (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/sports/espnnflfootball2005/review.html)

ReleaseTheBeast7
07-22-2004, 09:58 AM
Got it yesterday :D! BEST FOOTBALL GAME YET!

sportsgeist
07-22-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
Got it yesterday :D! BEST FOOTBALL GAME YET!

Yeah. Just about everything that people didn't like about 2K4 was fixed and then some. If you're a Madden fan and read through all the reviews and still don't want this game then you don't want to read what they call you in the reviews if you don't pick it up.

Madden fans are converting right and left. So it just goes to show you the $20 price tag and releasing it early worked.

sportsgeist
07-22-2004, 10:13 AM
Oh yeah at EB you can trade-in 2 non-sports games and get it for free.

Booher
07-22-2004, 10:32 AM
but of couse I did

Qistheman
07-22-2004, 10:38 AM
who did they have as our starting RB and what were each of their ratings?

hombre_399
07-22-2004, 11:14 AM
They had Garrison Hearst as our starter, QG as our back up, and Bell third string.

I think Hearst's rating was an 78
Q's was a 76
Bells was a 72

bleedbluorange
07-22-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by hombre_399
They had Garrison Hearst as our starter, QG as our back up, and Bell third string.

I think Hearst's rating was an 78
Q's was a 76
Bells was a 72 In a post started yesterday someone posted denvers overall/offense/defense ratings. Along with player ratings and denver got a raw deal. They have the faiders as a far superior team. I was set to get it until I found this out. I would not spend a buck, and forget about a dub($20) on this piece of crap. All I keep hearing is that the presentation is great, but the game play and player models are the same. I wish madden had a better presentation, but I can go without it if the gameplay is tight. I cant believe Hearst is the starter, I knew they would screw up(releasing the game before training camp). I dont knock you guys who got it, but madden is the game.

bleedbluorange
07-22-2004, 11:44 AM
I dont know what happened to the thread from yesterday, but Espn was getting ripped. Those who like espn werent to convincing. There should be a gamer section on this board.

EMCF
07-22-2004, 11:48 AM
ESPN is a poorly done game, not very realistic. Madden looks to be great this year.

Return of Lava
07-22-2004, 11:57 AM
As far as gameplay madden has the edge, everything else goes to espn, a great game for $20.00

The run motion needs to be revamped in espn, then it will be perect and way better than madden. When you run in espn, its too chpyy and not a fluid motion, it takes away from runs, also when you try to turn ever s sligthly just to head for a hole, the RB makes a cut and loses all momentum and waste time, most of the time the hols has closed. I like everything else but the running, the comraderie is awesome and the stats and info is all that also. 2k6 should already be focused on imporving the smothness of the gameplay itself.

Madden101
07-22-2004, 12:12 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13821

MADDEN RULES!..4Get NFL 2k5!...THE DEFENSE IS WEAK! MADDEN IS FOR TRUE BALLERS!

Broncos28
07-22-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by bleedbluorange
I dont know what happened to the thread from yesterday, but Espn was getting ripped. Those who like espn werent to convincing. There should be a gamer section on this board.It's in the Non-Broncos Forum which I am mad about them putting it there. Now we can't have great arguments about it because nobody knows where it is.
:fight:

Madden101
07-22-2004, 12:22 PM
nice sig!..Kennedy kills!

bleedbluorange
07-22-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Return of Lava
As far as gameplay madden has the edge, everything else goes to espn, a great game for $20.00

The run motion needs to be revamped in espn, then it will be perect and way better than madden. When you run in espn, its too chpyy and not a fluid motion, it takes away from runs, also when you try to turn ever s sligthly just to head for a hole, the RB makes a cut and loses all momentum and waste time, most of the time the hols has closed. I like everything else but the running, the comraderie is awesome and the stats and info is all that also. 2k6 should already be focused on imporving the smothness of the gameplay itself. It's almost like you are saying running is an after thought to creating a great game. Running is what the NFL is all about. If players cant run, then the game sucks. I like to RUN the ball, I like to catch the ball and RUN, I like to bootleg Plummer and RUN, I like to RUN Al Wilson to a big hit. Im glad a person who likes espn, pointed out why it sucks. THX

Madden101
07-22-2004, 12:23 PM
Madden's running is outstanding! The feel is great!

Madden101
07-22-2004, 12:39 PM
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/532/532060p1.html

bleedbluorange
07-22-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Madden101
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/532/532060p1.html Good article thx

Return of Lava
07-22-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by bleedbluorange
It's almost like you are saying running is an after thought to creating a great game. Running is what the NFL is all about. If players cant run, then the game sucks. I like to RUN the ball, I like to catch the ball and RUN, I like to bootleg Plummer and RUN, I like to RUN Al Wilson to a big hit. Im glad a person who likes espn, pointed out why it sucks. THX hey i am all about realism, you act liek maddne has no flaws, you ever played about 10 seasons of franchise in madden, and realized NOBODY has a face? Nodody knows which superbowl it is, nobody does anything special for the superbowl, its boring, yes the actualy game playing feel is great but it lacks the little things and im sick of it. ESPn isnt horrible at running, but just not as smooth as madden, but all the lttle things are in this game and its cheaper too so hell i made the switch from madden to espn this year.

want2bAbronco
07-22-2004, 12:49 PM
Garrison Hearst as starting RB isn't a problem. I think 3-4 times during the year you can go online and update the roster, so they will have all the starters etc.... i wonder if they will update the player ratings?

Return of Lava
07-22-2004, 12:53 PM
you can edit players, i edited griffin last year in madden he was sorry, plummer was slow, foster had no face, pierce had no face, spragan walls herndon and sykes were super sorry, so its not that bad if espn got a few ratings wrong, just go fix them.

hendrixisgod
07-22-2004, 01:05 PM
I bought the game yesterday, the first time since the first Dreamcast version, and it isn't much different. The movements are herky-jerky and the player models are blocky. Madden might not be so much SHOW, but it is all GO, I buy the game to play it, not for what the presentation looks like... MADDEN is the game to get for REAL football fans, 4 million fans can't be wrong... If ESPN was a better game sales would reflect it... ESPN's presentation is cool but there's more to a game than presentation... and another thing Madden has on ESPN is exporting draft classes from NCAA...

bleedbluorange
07-22-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Return of Lava
hey i am all about realism, you act liek maddne has no flaws, you ever played about 10 seasons of franchise in madden, and realized NOBODY has a face? Nodody knows which superbowl it is, nobody does anything special for the superbowl, its boring, yes the actualy game playing feel is great but it lacks the little things and im sick of it. ESPn isnt horrible at running, but just not as smooth as madden, but all the lttle things are in this game and its cheaper too so hell i made the switch from madden to espn this year. No I havent played 10 seasons of franchise, Ive only played one. Yes the superbowl is weak. I have alot of ppl I play, so the extra stuff doesnt really do it for me. I prefer gameplay, cause after about a month, all the presentation stuff gets old. I know madden isnt perfect, but ppl are spoiled by madden and are overly critical. And those of you who say player ratings, player positions, and team ratings can just be updated on the internet, dont understand that a large percent of gamers dont have computers. Some ppl just cut on the console and go for what they know. I can update my roster, but I think that ESPN should do ratings and rankings more responsibly.

Broncos28
07-22-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Return of Lava
you can edit players, i edited griffin last year in madden he was sorry, plummer was slow, foster had no face, pierce had no face, spragan walls herndon and sykes were super sorry, so its not that bad if espn got a few ratings wrong, just go fix them.Yeah, but then you would have to Edit every other teams Player to make it fair.

Return of Lava
07-22-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by bleedbluorange
No I havent played 10 seasons of franchise, Ive only played one. Yes the superbowl is weak. I have alot of ppl I play, so the extra stuff doesnt really do it for me. I prefer gameplay, cause after about a month, all the presentation stuff gets old. I know madden isnt perfect, but ppl are spoiled by madden and are overly critical. And those of you who say player ratings, player positions, and team ratings can just be updated on the internet, dont understand that a large percent of gamers dont have computers. Some ppl just cut on the console and go for what they know. I can update my roster, but I think that ESPN should do ratings and rankings more responsibly. i agree with espn being way way off when it comes to ratings.

bleedbluorange
07-22-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by westflbroncostud
MADDEN '05 BABY!!!!! :rockon: I cant wait, Madden just scored a KNOCKOUT. Espn will bow down to Madden. Just like all the others that jumped up to get beat down. I cant believe I thought espn would be competition.

bleedbluorange
07-22-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by westflbroncostud
dont you mean easports will get bow downed to by 989 sports and sega? see we have 2 great games o wait madden hasnt came out yet....and so its easports..not just madden:) Agreed

bleedbluorange
07-22-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by westflbroncostud
NCAA IS THE POOP!!!! LOL:cheers: :rockon: Dont forget Fight Night and Live

hendrixisgod
07-22-2004, 01:38 PM
NCAA '05 is the cat's pajama's... ESPN 2K5 is the cat's litterbox...

bleedbluorange
07-22-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by westflbroncostud
hell no i didnt!!!!! LOL

hendrixisgod
07-22-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by westflbroncostud
the coverboy to fight night lives down the street from me!:)

He got knocked the F out! but I was going for him in that fight....

hendrixisgod
07-22-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by westflbroncostud
he didnt show his face in town for a while...ROY JONES RULES BABY! nice man

Roy is a bad man, but if he has hopes of fighting Tyson, he's crazy!!! Tyson would kick his ass inside of 2 rounds, if that. Roy needs to stay away from the heavyweights after what happened against Tarver...

bleedbluorange
07-22-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by hendrixisgod
Roy is a bad man, but if he has hopes of fighting Tyson, he's crazy!!! Tyson would kick his ass inside of 2 rounds, if that. Roy needs to stay away from the heavyweights after what happened against Tarver... I will loose respect for Jones if he doesnt fight Tarver again

mdog1764
07-22-2004, 03:35 PM
Here this thing for all of you ESPN fans out there. If the game wasn't only $20 would you have bout it if it came out the same time as madden and around the same price as Madden?

ReleaseTheBeast7
07-22-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by mdog1764
Here this thing for all of you ESPN fans out there. If the game wasn't only $20 would you have bout it if it came out the same time as madden and around the same price as Madden?

Probably.

Tony
07-22-2004, 03:44 PM
Are all our rookies on the roster this year in espn 05?

Broncos28
07-22-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by mdog1764
Here this thing for all of you ESPN fans out there. If the game wasn't only $20 would you have bout it if it came out the same time as madden and around the same price as Madden?HELL NAH!:fight:

bleedbluorange
07-22-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by westflbroncostud
my birthday is tomorrow and my lil sister who is 6 just gave me the damn game...i played my 2nd game and for the 2nd time i cant here the damn announcers...damn it...and i dont like how slow they run...drives me nuts....yes even me played it...so someone can you please help me here the announcers! This is like the twilight zone. LOL

sportsgeist
07-23-2004, 06:00 AM
I'm glad to see how all the immature Madden fans came out to trash my thread.

You need to go get the game. Its only $20 so you have no reason not to pick it up and make the decision yourself. A lot of you people just play Madden because thats all they know. I can understand that some what cause I used to be a Madden fan too.

All you have to do is try it. It's only $20. IMO some Madden fans are scared it might be better so they stay away from ESPN. They slam the game and never played it for themselves. It's sort of like being a racist. You hate on something or someone you don't even know or are totally ignorant of.

These guys who did these reviews play all the football franchises. I respect their opinion about a game before I would respect the opinion of someone whos never play the game they're blasting.

$20 and a whole week is all you need before Madden comes out to try ESPN2K5 out. VC and Take Two has given you no excuses not to buy their game. The reviews are good and the price is low. You need to see why Madden is forced to put new features in their game year after year. Because without VC on EA's heels Madden would be crap and you wouldn't be seeing new features all that much because nobody will be there to push EA. Think about it.

Here's even another good review for ESPN NFL 2K5

Next Level Gaming's Official ESPN NFL 2K5 Video Game Review (http://www.nlgaming.com/nl/asp/id_943/nl/reviewDisp.htm)

sportsgeist
07-23-2004, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by westflbroncostud
my birthday is tomorrow and my lil sister who is 6 just gave me the damn game...i played my 2nd game and for the 2nd time i cant here the damn announcers...damn it...and i dont like how slow they run...drives me nuts....yes even me played it...so someone can you please help me here the announcers!

While not playing a game from the main menu go to the options screen. Then go to Presentation. Go down to the "Audio Presentation" and set it to the "TV Broadcast" setting or you can set it on custom and set it how you want it. Remember to save your setting though or it will keep going back to the default setting.

As far as the game speed you can set that too. Go to the "options" menu then "Gameoptions" the default is normal but you can set it on fast to speed things up a bit. Again save your settings.

sportsgeist
07-23-2004, 06:23 AM
If anybody needs gameplay tips just let me know and I'll hook you up.

sportsgeist
07-23-2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Broncos28
HELL NAH!:fight:

I won't buy Madden for full price but if it was $20 like ESPN NFL 2K5 I'd be in line the day it released.

If EA didn't have to pay so much out for royalties I'm sure EA would've drop their price to $20 too.

EA knows ESPN is a good game why else would you see them advertise so hard and release it early every year. VC and Take-Two figured they beat EA at their own game and release theirs early. On top of that make it $20. You'd have to be retarded not to pick up a game that is rated as high as Madden. I'd like to know what the competition has that Madden don't. Believe me the folks at Tiburon have copies of ESPN to see what they can steel or make better.

Where do you think that create-a-fan crap came from. :laugh:

ReleaseTheBeast7
07-23-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by sportsgeist
I won't buy Madden for full price but if it was $20 like ESPN NFL 2K5 I'd be in line the day it released.

If EA didn't have to pay so much out for royalties I'm sure EA would've drop their price to $20 too.

EA knows ESPN is a good game why else would you see them advertise so hard and release it early every year. VC and Take-Two figured they beat EA at their own game and release theirs early. On top of that make it $20. You'd have to be retarded not to pick up a game that is rated as high as Madden. I'd like to know what the competition has that Madden don't. Believe me the folks at Tiburon have copies of ESPN to see what they can steel or make better.

Where do you think that create-a-fan crap came from. :laugh:

LOL GOOD POINT JEDI CRACKHEAD LMFAO!