PDA

View Full Version : brock signs!

elof
07-27-2004, 11:00 AM
the vikings signed brock lesnar today. we are going to the superbowl for sure now baby!

man, i don't know what to think of this. i hope this doesn't turn out to be a distraction. i can't even imagine how many WWF geeks will be at training camp.

Vikings sign former pro wrestler Lesner
By BOB SANSEVERE

Pioneer Press

Vikings coach Mike Tice said the team will sign former NCAA champion and pro wrestler Brock Lesnar to a contract and bring him to training camp, which begins Friday in Mankato, Minn.

Tice made the decision after putting Lesnar through strenuous 45-minute workout this morning. Tice said Lesnar, who hasn't played football since high school, would play the same defensive tackle position as veteran Chris Hovan.

"I'm excited. All I ask for is the opportunity, and he's given me that," said Lesnar, 6-foot-3, 286 pounds.

Tice said Lesnar will sign a contract after taking a physical later today.

Javalon
07-27-2004, 11:03 AM
Who?

AsianOrange
07-27-2004, 11:16 AM
I guess fake tackling will catapult any team to the super bowl.

elof
07-27-2004, 11:29 AM
do you think they will allow him to pile drive qb's?

i wonder how effective the claw is when your opponent is wearing a helmet.

elof
07-27-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Javalon
Who?

i guess he went by the moniker, The Next Big Thing as a wrestler.

he was a pro wrestler that gave up around 7 million per year to try his hand at football. he will more than likely end up on the pratice squad.

he was almost unstopable as a college wrestler. that might help him in playing on the d-line.

sorry, i thought everyone had heard about him.

ReleaseTheBeast7
07-27-2004, 12:29 PM
What a loser. A loser as a wrestler and a loser on a loser team.

Javalon
07-27-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by elof
i guess he went by the moniker, The Next Big Thing as a wrestler.

he was a pro wrestler that gave up around 7 million per year to try his hand at football. he will more than likely end up on the pratice squad.

he was almost unstopable as a college wrestler. that might help him in playing on the d-line.

sorry, i thought everyone had heard about him.
Sorry, I'm not into wrestling. I know who The Rock is because of his movies but that's about all I know of the current crop.