PDA

View Full Version : Tim Brown-Bronco?

ReleaseTheBeast7
08-05-2004, 08:03 AM
Both are intrested in Brown but which one shall he choose besides the money factor... Broncos or Bucs? It can go against the Broncos because he has been a rival for so many years, but then again he knows how they play, and that he would be welcome. Then he's got the Bucs- Moving futher away from his family, and moving to a different conference too... I say he chooses the Broncos, we just have to give him the money

muse
08-05-2004, 08:04 AM
Money we don't have.

ReleaseTheBeast7
08-05-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by muse
Money we don't have.

We have 3 or 4 million after cutting Mobley, and soon cutting Quinn.

muse
08-05-2004, 08:08 AM
I still think it's better to develop younger talent. We've got Rod and Willie Jackson...that's sufficient in terms of leadership.

LDB
08-05-2004, 08:11 AM
Please. I would take Brown over Willie Jackson any day.

Bronczilla
08-05-2004, 08:15 AM
If he isn't good enough for a lousy Raiders team, why do we need him?

And he this all came about because he was being forced into reduced playing time, possibly not even making #3 WR. He'd have to come in and have a monster camp to do better than that, here.

The only positive is that now he has reason to play like a beast, just to prove that the Raiders made a mistake. That doesn't mean that he will, or even that he has enough left in his body for the fact that he's playing pissed off to matter.

He wouldn't be a bad pick up, but I doubt he can contribute enough that he'll make a difference. He isn't that "final piece", he doesn't bring us to another level.

I'm betting he finds his way to Tampa, where he has a shot at some real playing time.

TXBRONC
08-05-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Bronczilla
If he isn't good enough for a lousy Raiders team, why do we need him?

And he this all came about because he was being forced into reduced playing time, possibly not even making #3 WR. He'd have to come in and have a monster camp to do better than that, here.

The only positive is that now he has reason to play like a beast, just to prove that the Raiders made a mistake. That doesn't mean that he will, or even that he has enough left in his body for the fact that he's playing pissed off to matter.

He wouldn't be a bad pick up, but I doubt he can contribute enough that he'll make a difference. He isn't that "final piece", he doesn't bring us to another level.

I'm betting he finds his way to Tampa, where he has a shot at some real playing time.

That's exactly what I think. Besides the Broncos expressing interest is the same as making him an offer. And yes Brown has expressed an interest in coming to Denver, but if wants to get significant playing time TB seems to be the best option.

PutzierChic06
08-05-2004, 09:09 AM
We don't need him.. I think our young recievers desearve a chance first.

Helderht_
08-05-2004, 09:09 AM
Brown HELL NO... We dont need another VET WR we have rod that is able do produtc much more than brown....

dr0p
08-05-2004, 09:12 AM
I would gladly take him w/ vet min like we did Hearst. Any more than that I wouldnt like. It would be nice if we could get him cheap............

Krugan
08-05-2004, 09:12 AM
Why would it kill us to allow the guy to come here and compete for a job?? If he cant maek the grade then no harm no foul. Its not like we have to release a player right now if he comes here.

thehoot79
08-05-2004, 09:18 AM
Why would you not want Tim Brown on the Broncos? The guy is a leader and a veteran. Sure his talent has dropped considerably, but the fact is wide receiver is one of the weakest parts of our team right now. Just because our young guys play good in practice does not mean that they will play good in games. Having Tim Brown on our team would only make us better.

DDP32
08-05-2004, 09:22 AM
I think the Broncos are a more likely candidate than the Bucs. Why because I bet Tim Brown would like to win a SuperBowl and at this stage who is more likely to get to the Superbowl. The Bucs won because of defence and their defence has been picked apart.

I say let him come in and do. He's a great person to have on the bench because you know that he can go out and catch a ball. Plus he would get a chance to stick to his old team twice this year and that would be nice to see.

He's a good insurance policy should some injuries happen and he's always been one guy on the Raiders that I actually respected. He just goes out and does his job and you don't hear anything bad about him.

TXBRONC
08-05-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by DDP32
I say let him come in and do. He's a great person to have on the bench because you know that he can go out and catch a ball. Plus he would get a chance to stick to his old team twice this year and that would be nice to see.

He doesn't to want ride the pine. He wants playing time. If he came he would only be in complimentary role which means he's not going to see alot of action. That's according to the article in today's DP.

The Dark Knight
08-05-2004, 09:36 AM
I wouldn't mind him coming in and competing for a job but if he's not up to snuff then I see no reason why we should keep him on the team. We do have a lot of good young talent and I'd hate to see them lose out on oppertunities cuz were throwing an old vet a bone. Signing him to do punt returns or just coach the other guys up might be worth it. I don't know I guess we'll see.

TXBRONC
08-05-2004, 11:05 AM
Here is article with a little different perspective.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/broncos/article/0,1299,DRMN_17,3088125,00.html

Once you get to this page click on the headline that says "News of Raiders releasing Brown intrigues Broncos"

ronzo
08-05-2004, 11:48 AM
Get Tim Brown, Get Tim Brown.:D

Helderht_
08-05-2004, 11:51 AM
Nope, we dont need him, Rod, Watts and Lelie would be a better job than him, I think that he is too old to play....

ReleaseTheBeast7
08-05-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Helderht_
Brown HELL NO... We dont need another VET WR we have rod that is able do produtc much more than brown....

And if we still had easy Ed you would be like screw Lelie- screw Watts, don't lie. I loved Brown- even as a Raider, same with Jerry Rice. I mean come on give him a shot, he brings something special to the locker room no doubt. So why don't you stop dissin' him and ask him to join the Broncos. Just cuz he was a Raider doesn't mean he sucks- or has a bad attitude.

BroncoManiac_69
08-05-2004, 11:53 AM
I said NO. We should spend our time bringing up the younger players. Brown is good and all but I really get a bad feeling with the thought of him coming here.

Lynch Bailey247
Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
Both are intrested in Brown but which one shall he choose besides the money factor... Broncos or Bucs? It can go against the Broncos because he has been a rival for so many years, but then again he knows how they play, and that he would be welcome. Then he's got the Bucs- Moving futher away from his family, and moving to a different conference too... I say he chooses the Broncos, we just have to give him the money
if personally i was in the NFL id wana be going to a succesful team

ReleaseTheBeast7
Originally posted by Helderht_
Nope, we dont need him, Rod, Watts and Lelie would be a better job than him, I think that he is too old to play....

He's 3 years older than Sharpe, give the guy a break. He brings back the leadership that we lost in Sharpe and Easy Ed. GET TIM BROWN!

The Dark Knight
08-05-2004, 11:57 AM
He's 3 years older than Sharpe, give the guy a break. He brings back the leadership that we lost in Sharpe and Easy Ed. GET TIM BROWN!

You make a good point.

I never thought I'd hear myself say that.

ReleaseTheBeast7
08-05-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by The Dark Knight
You make a good point.

I never thought I'd hear myself say that.

Lol, i'm not 13 any more man, i'm 14... 1 year of more expierence of knowledge for football.

GSRelyea
08-05-2004, 12:04 PM
We have way too many unproven comodoties at the WR position, we could use a Tim Brown on our roster no matter how old he is. I know that Watts has been looking great in camp and I am excited about it, but doesn't it seem like every year in camp we have some reciever that is looking great and then never pans out??? I know last year that Madise was the 2nd coming of Rod Smith but I didn't see him play too much last year. Come to the ORange and Blue Tim, and tell us what Norv Turner has up his sleeve this year!!!

BlueDamsel
08-05-2004, 12:08 PM

But we already picked up "leadership" with Hearst & Lynch...Then there's already Rod, Mike and Plummer to help lead the team...

Why bring in an overpaid ex-raider to eat up more salary cap room just for some leadership - we *do* need to expose our young guys to "the real world" at this point...

The Dark Knight
08-05-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by BlueDamsel
But we already picked up "leadership" with Hearst & Lynch...Then there's already Rod, Mike and Plummer to help lead the team...

Why bring in an overpaid ex-raider to eat up more salary cap room just for some leadership - we *do* need to expose our young guys to "the real world" at this point...

Well, if we gave him any money it would be league min. Otherwise yeah, he wouldn't be worth it.

GSRelyea
08-05-2004, 12:12 PM
Lets all be honest here and look and Shanahans track record with WR's...... pretty short list of pro-bowlers there. Tim Brown isn't gonna get a large amount of money and it can't hurt the team by signing him. I am excited by all the young talent but a little insurance never hurt anybody.

willynowei2
08-05-2004, 12:18 PM
why are you guys rejecting Brown?

If the broncos pick him up it would be an amazing pick

He has more NFL catches than the entire Denver receiving core combined.... plus the tightends and the halfbacks....

(thats mostly cause he has more than Rod who has about 90% of all catches on the team)

Aside from Smith and Lelie, the rest of the receivers have minimal experience

there is no guarantee that any Denver receiver will be even half-way reliable aside from Rod Smith. Tim would be a dependable receiver able to contribute up to 40+ catches from the slot receiver position. Tampa has Mcardell and Galloway why would they want another old guy? Denver has too much youth, is too thin in depth and lacks leadership and locker room presence at the receiving position with the departure of two great veterans.

I'd be really disappointed if Denver passes up on Brown, hes going to have atleast a 40 catch season next year presuming he stays healthy, you add that to the 70+ catches Rod produces, and That takes alot of pressure off of Lelie and the rookies to produce...

As of right now there is no 3rd receiver, Watts is developing and thats about it....

26C.Portis
08-05-2004, 12:26 PM
what about possibly picking up brown and playing him at tight end hes a good blocker and slower then he used to be but faster then the normal tight ends

PokeysLittleDog
08-05-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by luvdembroncs
Please. I would take Brown over Willie Jackson any day.

I concur...as long as he knows his role as a potential #3 and is paid accordingly

PokeysLittleDog
08-05-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by GSRelyea
Lets all be honest here and look and Shanahans track record with WR's...... pretty short list of pro-bowlers there. Tim Brown isn't gonna get a large amount of money and it can't hurt the team by signing him. I am excited by all the young talent but a little insurance never hurt anybody.

Absolutely...and a little competition never hurt anyone. If we sign Brown and Darius continues to kick ass, then Darius will play, Brown will sit and vice-versa.

OrangeCrush5280
08-05-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by 26C.Portis
what about possibly picking up brown and playing him at tight end hes a good blocker and slower then he used to be but faster then the normal tight ends
That would definitely not happen. Tim has played WR for 17 years and I don't think he's about to change positions... I think he is a great pickup people!!! Whenever someone says no they say we have Smith, Lelie, & Watts. That is true but why can't he be the fourth name? Then we could say that we have Smith, Lelie, Watts, & Brown!!! Sounds unstoppable to me...

LCA534
08-05-2004, 01:26 PM
I think we should go out and and get Tim Brown, As someone posted for insurance purposes alone. Watts has looked very good in practice but hasn't played a down and we all know there is a big difference between practice and game speed.Plus what if something unforseen happens such as injury.

LONG LIVE STEVE WATSON!

muse
08-05-2004, 01:34 PM
Nah, leave him be.

a) He wants to play #3. But at this rate he'll be #4 and he won't want that

b) He won't be high priced but money is money if we want any mid-season FAs

c) 1 more old receiver means one fewer young receiver who has potential to be good. I'd prefer to develop young talent now for the future

d) We have enough leadership on O IMO.

e) The Raiders will start branding us as an old team, thus rendering my avatar useless.

LiquidBlue
08-05-2004, 01:36 PM
I heard today on the hot list that Shannhan or somebody from the Broncos met with Tim Brown today. Do you guys think we are gonna sign him?

ReleaseTheBeast7
08-05-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by BlueDamsel

Well thats one more leader, plus he still has a little gas in the tank.

ReleaseTheBeast7
08-05-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by muse
Nah, leave him be.

a) He wants to play #3. But at this rate he'll be #4 and he won't want that

b) He won't be high priced but money is money if we want any mid-season FAs

c) 1 more old receiver means one fewer young receiver who has potential to be good. I'd prefer to develop young talent now for the future

d) We have enough leadership on O IMO.

e) The Raiders will start branding us as an old team, thus rendering my avatar useless.

Have have a few people that are 10 years or older starting.
Rod
Nalen
Lynch
Elliss
Pryce
And thats it.

Peerless
08-17-2004, 05:56 AM
Have have a few people that are 10 years or older starting.
Rod
Nalen
Lynch
Elliss
Pryce
And thats it.

Actually Pryce has 8 years as a pro.