PDA

View Full Version : Official Gameday Thread: Cardinals @ Broncos (Preseason Week 4)

Pages : [1] 2

IHSD
09-03-2009, 06:58 AM
http://broncotalk.net/images/helmets/broncos.gifhttp://broncotalk.net/images/helmets/cardinals.gif

It's the final week preseason everbody!

Tommy B will make the start with the first teamers and many players will be fighting for a roster spot.

Discuss the game here while obeying the CoC and enjoy the game! :salute!:

NOTE: The game is not going to be live on NFLN so if you want to watch the game, you may want to pay a visit, HERE. (http://watchthedenverbroncos.wordpress.com/)

CommandQ
09-03-2009, 07:04 AM
it's not worth watch when u could almost know what the outcome going to be.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-03-2009, 07:10 AM

Then don't post here. This is a game day thread. It's not a whine thread.

floridabroncos
09-03-2009, 07:10 AM
I for one am really really really hoping we play well tonight. I would especially like to see some performance from the offense. How many points have we scored thus far this preseason? I haven't tallied it up yet, but I know it's not a lot.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-03-2009, 07:11 AM
I for one am really really really hoping we play well tonight. I would especially like to see some performance from the offense. How many points have we scored thus far this preseason? I haven't tallied it up yet, but I know it's not a lot.

You are correct sir. It seems as though we have seen alot of what we have grown accustomed to over the last 3 years. Move the ball up and down the field without any points. I am hoping that it's just the kinks being worked out.

Freyaka
09-03-2009, 07:15 AM

http://lineout.thestranger.com/files/2007/11/crybaby.jpg

quit your crying this is a gameday thread...

Back on topic I can't wait for the game and to see brandstater get some more action but I just wish I didn't have to wait to watch it... I know I could always watch it online but I'd rather watch it in HD on nfl network.

Freyaka
09-03-2009, 07:16 AM
You are correct sir. It seems as though we have seen alot of what we have grown accustomed to over the last 3 years. Move the ball up and down the field without any points. I am hoping that it's just the kinks being worked out.

yea but on the flipside of that we've seen something we havn't seen a lot of the last 3 years. Solid play on D though I would like to see some turnovers tonight.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-03-2009, 07:22 AM
yea but on the flipside of that we've seen something we havn't seen a lot of the last 3 years. Solid play on D though I would like to see some turnovers tonight.

I am very encouraged by the play of the D. The front seven is much, much more physical than they have been for the last few years.

The fact that we are an average of 10 pounds heavier per player in the front seven doesn't hurt.

:helmet:

Freyaka
09-03-2009, 07:25 AM
I am very encouraged by the play of the D. The front seven is much, much more physical than they have been for the last few years.

The fact that we are an average of 10 pounds heavier per player in the front seven doesn't hurt.

:helmet:

Yea people seem to just want to blame McD for all the bad he's done on the O but honestly it's a lot easier to build a decent offense than it is a solid defense and I think we're 1-2 years away from having the #1 defense something that McD is at least partially responsible for. (I realize nolan deserves a lot of the credit but you can't tell me McD didn't have a say in the process) What I see a lot of is building and giving us a chance of winning now but building so that 2-3 years from now we won't win we'll dominate. I think brandstater once he gets some more experience will have us saying. Jay who!

Which is exactly why I'm so eager for tonight I want to see tom in action and from what McD was saying the other day he's going to be playing "a lot"

Broncbeat
09-03-2009, 07:29 AM
I'm just hopeing we play well on all sides of the game. D, O, ST and that its a great game. Go Broncos!:td:

Freyaka
09-03-2009, 07:39 AM
I'm just hopeing we play well on all sides of the game. D, O, ST and that its a great game. Go Broncos!:td:

I'd like to see a solid run game tonight since that's one thing I've been completely unimpressed with. The passing game shows signs of a pulse but the run game IMO has been dead on arrival.

Looks like you still haven't gotten that 6th bar! Still hope for me to win this race yet :D

floridabroncos
09-03-2009, 07:42 AM
I'd like to see a solid run game tonight since that's one thing I've been completely unimpressed with. The passing game shows signs of a pulse but the run game IMO has been dead on arrival.

Looks like you still haven't gotten that 6th bar! Still hope for me to win this race yet :D

Or, it showed signs of a pulse once Brandstater came in.:D

Broncbeat
09-03-2009, 07:50 AM

I agree! I hope it shows up tonight and we run much better than we have been!

Still need 8pt. Its been hard with the last few days to get any. :sad:

Freyaka
09-03-2009, 07:56 AM
I agree! I hope it shows up tonight and we run much better than we have been!

Still need 8pt. Its been hard with the last few days to get any. :sad:

wow...well you win! I need 32 still...it's been a slow week.

Broncbeat
09-03-2009, 07:59 AM
wow...well you win! I need 32 still...it's been a slow week.

Do not give up! I've needed 8 for 2 days now. You just never know. I was going to cp you but I'm under the 24hr rule right now. Its never over till its over.

Freyaka
09-03-2009, 08:01 AM
Do not give up! I've needed 8 for 2 days now. You just never know. I was going to cp you but I'm under the 24hr rule right now. Its never over till its over.

Same...I guess I just give it out too often :)

Broncbeat
09-03-2009, 08:06 AM
Same...I guess I just give it out too often

:laugh: They go quickly.

Are You Ready For Some Football! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjoHoKtZ850):td::go::logo::D

Freyaka
09-03-2009, 08:16 AM
:laugh: They go quickly.

Are You Ready For Some Football! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjoHoKtZ850):td::go::logo::D

I know it has nothing to do with tonights game at all but my favorite EVER MNF intro was this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7lAbpj3kxg

"I like your teeth, especially the ones scattered around the 20 yard line"

BroncoManiac_69
09-03-2009, 08:16 AM
I for one am really really really hoping we play well tonight.

We're probably going to play very well since nobody will be able to watch it. :laugh:

And hang in there Broncbeat. The IOU should push you over. :thumb:

Freyaka
09-03-2009, 08:30 AM
We're probably going to play very well since nobody will be able to watch it. :laugh:

Congrats to broncobeat the winner of the race to 6 bars! I'll catch back up in a week or two

Broncbeat
09-03-2009, 08:34 AM

Congrats to broncobeat the winner of the race to 6 bars! I'll catch back up in a week or two

Thanks! Now if the Broncos win tonight, YaHooo it's a good day!:td:

We are both winners. We are Bronco fans! All of us!

Freyaka
09-03-2009, 08:49 AM
I'm just mad that I have to wait until tomorrow to watch the game. I guess the obvious advantage will be I can check the game stats on nfl.com and decide if I even want to decide to watch it. I don't think I can take another night of brutal football especially since IF I watch the game tomorrow I'll have to watch it with my sisters boyfriend who is a huge dolts fan....

NAUbroncofan
09-03-2009, 12:16 PM
I hope that brandy goes 24 for 25 245 yards 3 touchdowns.
moreno if he plays has like 15 rushes for 134 yards 2 tds
our defense gives up like 50 yards totall offense and has 6 turnovers.
7 sacks and 2 forced fumbles
thats how i hope it turns out
:logo::logo::logo::logo::logo:

HurricaneDovs
09-03-2009, 12:26 PM
Ahhh this is going to be a fun weekend in football for me and my mom.

My mom's a Cards fan and obviously Im a Bronco fan. And she doesnt care about preseason or not. She wants AZ to win. So she'll talk smack.

And then next monday its Miami vs FSU. But THAT one will mean something and it will be war.

Fun indeed. Ha.

Good thing is I live in Phx and their broadcasting tonights game on ABC. Woot! :rockon:

IbarHarry
09-03-2009, 12:35 PM
A store down the street has some CHOICE tritips for $2.46/lb. Guess I will have to go down there and buy some and throw some potatoes in the oven near game time. Then I can relax and see if I can find the game somehow. I was hoping that a Fresno station might carry the game, because of the local interest. Oh, well, we will just have to wait and see what happens.

I hope Tom can continue to show what he did against the Bears. It would really be fun and I would like to see him lead the team to a win. It would be good for all concerned. Actually it would make my day.

IbarHarry
09-03-2009, 12:46 PM
I can't believe it the game will be on in 4 hours. I had better get moving if I'm going to get those tritips. If anything exciting happens please leave a post. See you guys later.

BroncFanIN
09-03-2009, 01:17 PM
Thread stuck, as is the custom around here ;)

I won't be able to watch the game tonight. Being south of Chicago, you can guess whats going to be on TV tonight :sick:

Anyway, I have a FF draft tonight. I'll watch whatever is on NFLN instead of...that.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
09-03-2009, 01:26 PM
I will probably switch back and forth between the Broncos and the BSU vs Oregon game, if I get my way.

Go Broncos!!!!!

Sjanlju
09-03-2009, 01:56 PM
I will probably switch back and forth between the Broncos and the BSU vs Oregon game, if I get my way.

Go Broncos!!!!!

I'll prolly have to settle for the Smurf Turf Broncos game too! Go Ducks~

:td:

BroncoManiac_69
09-03-2009, 02:14 PM
I'll prolly have to settle for the Smurf Turf Broncos game too! Go Ducks~

:td:

We get the Smurf Turf game here too.

NFLN is showing the Patriots and Giants.

Good Luck Broncos!! A victory might calm things down around here a little bit. :huh:

thatkidhunt
09-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Yea people seem to just want to blame McD for all the bad he's done on the O but honestly it's a lot easier to build a decent offense than it is a solid defense and I think we're 1-2 years away from having the #1 defense something that McD is at least partially responsible for. (I realize nolan deserves a lot of the credit but you can't tell me McD didn't have a say in the process) What I see a lot of is building and giving us a chance of winning now but building so that 2-3 years from now we won't win we'll dominate. I think brandstater once he gets some more experience will have us saying. Jay who!

Which is exactly why I'm so eager for tonight I want to see tom in action and from what McD was saying the other day he's going to be playing "a lot"

That my friend is a STRETCH, the #1 Defense? In what? The West? Maybe. The AFC? No. The NFL? Not a chance.

Lets be realistic, Im pretty happy with the improvements the D seems to be making, we will get a better assessment of that in weeks 4-13, but we are WAY MORE then 1-2 yrs away from having the #1 defense, teams like Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Chicago, New York (Giants) and as much as I hate to say it San Diego would have to quit playing football for us to even be close in the next 1-2 yrs.

I do like what I see from Nolan so far, I hope we continue to progress.

Downboy
09-03-2009, 03:04 PM
Hi everybody. I've never posted on here but I've been popping in from time to time for years now. I'm in my second year of season tickets and what a crazy first few years haha. Just wanna show my support for the Orange and Blue. Will be wearing my Knowshon jersey tonight :D Good luck fellas. I know tonight is about as pointless of a preseason game as you can get but a win sure would feel good going into the regular season.

:go:

JakeNbake
09-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Hi everybody. I've never posted on here but I've been popping in from time to time for years now. I'm in my second year of season tickets and what a crazy first few years haha. Just wanna show my support for the Orange and Blue. Will be wearing my Knowshon jersey tonight :D Good luck fellas. I know tonight is about as pointless of a preseason game as you can get but a win sure would feel good going into the regular season.

:go:

Don't be so quick to say that. McD has said the starters will play well into the 2nd half. So look for some good things tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :logo:

thatkidhunt
09-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Don't be so quick to say that. McD has said the starters will play well into the 2nd half. So look for some good things tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :logo:

Dont be so quick to say that, McDaniels has said a LOT of things that ended up not being true, and even though we havent done anything real impressive so far in the preseason, if he does play the starters into the 2nd half in the 4th preseason game (which if he does it will more then likely be to boost fan morale considering weve had nothing to be happy about since he took over as coach) it will be just another STUPID move by McDaniels.

Of course I would like to see the starters as much as the next guy, but if Royal or Hillis or Dawkins etc etc goes down with a serious injury late in the 2nd Qtr or 2nd half we are ALL going to be PISSED OFF and quite frankly there is no reason for it.

4th game is for making your final cuts, you play the 2nd and 3rd string guys (most teams for the whole game) in order to make a decision on whos gonna make the final roster.

Lets Go Broncs.

JakeNbake
09-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Dont be so quick to say that, McDaniels has said a LOT of things that ended up not being true, and even though we havent done anything real impressive so far in the preseason, if he does play the starters into the 2nd half in the 4th preseason game (which if he does it will more then likely to boost fan morale considering weve had nothing to be happy about since he took over as coach) it will be just another STUPID move by McDaniels.

Of course I would like to see the starters as much as the next guy, but if Royal or Hillis or Dawkins etc etc goes down with a serious injury late in the 2nd Qtr or 2nd half we are ALL going to be PISSED OFF and quite frankly there is no reason for it.

4th game is for making your final cuts, you play the 2nd and 3rd string guys (most teams for the whole game) in order to make a decision on whos gonna make the final roster.

Lets Go Broncs.

I don't agree with what you say, we are implementing a new system and the more time they spend in it the better they will be come season. Sure someone could get hurt. But the same players could get hurt on the first game of the season, and we'd be in the same position. These guys are professional football players they can handle some hits.

thatkidhunt
09-03-2009, 03:41 PM
I don't agree with what you say, we are implementing a new system and the more time they spend in it the better they will be come season. Sure someone could get hurt. But the same players could get hurt on the first game of the season, and we'd be in the same position. These guys are professional football players they can handle some hits.

Yea, and this is what practice and studying game film is for. Do you believe that McDaniels is going to start Brandstater all year? Though I think just based on what I have seen hes better then Orton the answer to that question is no, so what good is playing the starters with him into the 3rd quarter?? You think that playing our starters against Arizona's 2nd and 3rd string defense is any different then practicing verse our scout team D in practice? You think that playing our starters into the 3rd Qtr is gonna make a signifcant difference in the outcome of our upcoming season?? :coffee: I dont.

There are teams implementing new systems every year in the Preseason, they still dont play their starters into the 2nd half of the 4th preseason game, this must be another reason why McDaniels is such a genius :rolleyes:, hes the only coach playing his starters into the 2nd half (or claiming that he will as you say) of the 4th preseason game.

If he does, he better pray nobody signifcant gets injured, hes catching enough heat as it is based on the bonehead decisions hes made.

JakeNbake
09-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Yea, and this is what practice and studying game film is for. Do you believe that McDaniels is going to start Brandstater all year? Though I think just based on what I have seen hes better then Orton the answer to that question is no, so what good is playing the starters with him into the 3rd quarter?? You think that playing our starters against Arizona's 2nd and 3rd string defense is any different then practicing verse our scout team D in practice? You think that playing our starters into the 3rd Qtr is gonna make a signifcant difference in the outcome of our upcoming season?? :coffee: I dont.

There are teams implementing new systems every year in the Preseason, they still dont play their starters into the 2nd half of the 4th preseason game, this must be another reason why McDaniels is such a genius :rolleyes:, hes the only coach playing his starters into the 2nd half (or claiming that he will as you say) of the 4th preseason game.

If he does, he better pray nobody signifcant gets injured, hes catching enough heat as it is based on the bonehead decisions hes made.

I'm just telling you, the more time these guys get on the field together the better. THey can be injured just as easy in practice as they are in these pre-season games. I know what the 4th pre-season game is meant for. But I also know that this team needs as much practice as they can get. So yes I'm all for them playing as much time as they can. You don't have to agree with me. But it seems all you really want to do is disagree with McD,if he said he liked Taco Bell you'd probably never eat there again.

thatkidhunt
09-03-2009, 03:58 PM
I'm just telling you, the more time these guys get on the field together the better. THey can be injured just as easy in practice as they are in these pre-season games. I know what the 4th pre-season game is meant for. But I also know that this team needs as much practice as they can get. So yes I'm all for them playing as much time as they can. You don't have to agree with me. But it seems all you really want to do is disagree with McD,if he said he liked Taco Bell you'd probably never eat there again.

No my friend, not true at all.

Trading a franchise Pro Bowl Top 5 QB for a statue who cant throw the ball 50 yards down the field......I disagree with that.

Trading a 1st round pick that we just got from the Bears in the mistake listed above for a 2nd round pick............I disagree with that.

Picking up 3 running backs before drafting 1 with our first pick in the 1st round.........I disagree with that.

Passing on Orakpo............I disagree with that.

McDaniels wants to eat at Taco Bell??? Hey, I think thats the best decision hes made since becoming head coach of our team.

L.I. BroncosFan
09-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Im hoping Mcdaniels opens up the play book tonight make Tom look good and make the fans feel good with a W. Lets go Broncos!

Brakshow
09-03-2009, 04:43 PM
Im hoping just to see Brandstater step into his own. I want to see a lot of confidence and our D continue to pressure the passer and stop the run. And lets get a freaking turnover!

lancane
09-03-2009, 04:46 PM
No my friend, not true at all.

Trading a franchise Pro Bowl Top 5 QB for a statue who cant throw the ball 50 yards down the field......I disagree with that.

Trading a 1st round pick that we just got from the Bears in the mistake listed above for a 2nd round pick............I disagree with that.

Picking up 3 running backs before drafting 1 with our first pick in the 1st round.........I disagree with that.

Passing on Orakpo............I disagree with that.

McDaniels wants to eat at Taco Bell??? Hey, I think thats the best decision hes made since becoming head coach of our team.

OMG...Classic Post TKH...hahahaha...

thatkidhunt
09-03-2009, 04:55 PM
OMG...Classic Post TKH...hahahaha...

thanks, I think?:confused:

Not sure if your being sarcastic or not due to the enourmous amount of blind faith homers on these boards who seem to believe based on NOTHING that McDaniels is a GENIUS and all these bonehead moves hes made will somehow magically pan out.

speardog
09-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Denver always ALWAYS ALWAYS!!! beats the Cardinals.... This year should be no different...... Unless Leinart torches them.....:go:

BuckYou
09-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Is Brandstater playing the whole game?

thatkidhunt
09-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Is Brandstater playing the whole game?

Im not sure, but forget the whole game, let him play the whole season, based on what I have seen from him he looks a thousand times better then Orton, but then again, thats not sayin much.

Brakshow
09-03-2009, 05:14 PM
why am i only getting packers titans and philly jets on that video link?

Brakshow
09-03-2009, 05:17 PM
why am i only getting packers titans and philly jets on that video link?

nm im stupid

-Rod-
09-03-2009, 05:58 PM
Brandstater Bowl about to start

JakeNbake
09-03-2009, 05:59 PM
If anyone has a link of this game PM me, all the ones I see are playing the titans. game

-Rod-
09-03-2009, 06:00 PM
If anyone has a link of this game PM me, all the ones I see are playing the titans. game

use link 1 jonnytv

JakeNbake
09-03-2009, 06:01 PM
use link 1 jonnytv

Thank ya, yeah it wasn't working before but it just started to :D I'm stoked, anyone in the chat?

chazoe60
09-03-2009, 06:02 PM

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="295" width="353" id="jtv_flash" data="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/live_embed_player.swf?start_volume=0.5&backgroundImage=&channel=cardinals101010101bah&hostname=www.justin.tv&auto_play=false" bgcolor="#000000"> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /> <param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.justin.tv/widgets/live_embed_player.swf" /> <param name="flashvars" value="start_volume=0.5&backgroundImage=&channel=cardinals101010101bah&hostname=www.justin.tv&auto_play=false" /> </object><br /> <a href="http://www.justin.tv/cardinals101010101bah" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:353; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px; text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from cardinals101010101bah on Justin.tv</a>

I think this may be of help, but not totally sure.

CinnaMunMun
09-03-2009, 06:08 PM
So empty in chat.....

AdamantiumBronco
09-03-2009, 06:10 PM
Chad jackson!!!

Snarfalicious
09-03-2009, 06:10 PM
Clutch 3rd down throw. Good start. 2 catchable balls.

AtwaterHITS27
09-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Great throw Brandstater! Finally..we see some down field throws!

d-bronx42
Way to start off strong Tommy B!!

thatkidhunt
That ah boy Brandstater!!!!! Looks good early!

Bronkster
09-03-2009, 06:12 PM
offense lookin good!

d-bronx42
09-03-2009, 06:12 PM
Lamont Jordan sucks.

broooks77
09-03-2009, 06:13 PM
:laugh: Nfl.com think Orton is playing

Anikai
09-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Yeah Tommy B!
Now lets see how good our D looks.

AtwaterHITS27
09-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Is that dude in the Bud Light commercial trying to sound like Billy Mays?

NAUbroncofan
09-03-2009, 06:15 PM
dang lamant jordan still sucks..

elecshoc
That looked great. zone plays and man blocking interated. I like what I saw.

getlynched47
Lamont Jordan sucks.

I agree.

I hope Darius Walker makes the team over Lamont Jordan.

Jordan is washed up.

Snarfalicious
dang lamant jordan still sucks..

hope they don't think twice about cutting him.

HurricaneDovs
09-03-2009, 06:16 PM
Good lookin first drive I think. Wouldve liked to have seen them throw into the endzone instead of that little pass but we got some points out of it so good drive.

Lets see how the D does.

Broncoslifer78
lamont jordan sucks.

yes he does!!!!

-Rod-
Brandstater is loosing that arm, nice improvements since his debut.

d-bronx42
Time for our new and improved defense. :helmet:

Upperkut
09-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Tom looked good that drive. He needs work on the timing of his outs...that's the first score against the Cardinal's starters.

Great...job

AtwaterHITS27
09-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Layin' the Wood!

thatkidhunt
What a hit woodyard!!! That ah boy wesley!!!!

HurricaneDovs
Darcel McBath is the starter? And who in the world is McBean?

d-bronx42
God our defense is sexy...:salute:

thatkidhunt
09-03-2009, 06:19 PM
Defense lookin impressive early, I likes.

Anikai
damnit fitz.

AdamantiumBronco
Yikes, there's the big play............

thatkidhunt
09-03-2009, 06:20 PM
aaaaaaaaaand then Larry gets the ball in his hands, crap.

Anikai
I smell a turnover coming up.

HurricaneDovs
Well Fitzy is still a monster.

d-bronx42
09-03-2009, 06:21 PM
Good job Alphonso!!

AtwaterHITS27
Good coverage Alphonso! He needs to redeem himself from last game!

getlynched47
Please lets get an Interception tonight.

I don't want to go through 4 preseason games without an Interception.

Our defense against the run is unbelievable...what a turnaround.

AdamantiumBronco
annnnnnnnnnnndddd......we still take early timeouts.....

Xtreme Bronco
09-03-2009, 06:22 PM
This would be a nice stop here, after giving up the big play...show's composure if we can stop em

HurricaneDovs
09-03-2009, 06:25 PM
Good job on the stop. Now lets see them move that ball again.

d-bronx42
09-03-2009, 06:25 PM
Is it just me or is Kurt Warner acting like a baby?

P.S...

Mike Nolan for president!

NAUbroncofan
09-03-2009, 06:26 PM
did the announcer call elvis doom ELMIS??!??! haha

Upperkut
09-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Great Stop Defense!!!

I'm loving the pocket disruption :D

Phonso should have let that punt bounce....oh well.

Come on Tom!
Hopefully a Hillis sighting.

NAUbroncofan
09-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Brandy is sure locked on chad jackson...has he thrown to anyone else?

grouch27
09-03-2009, 06:29 PM
heads up play by brandy to get a few yards for the kicker

-Rod-
09-03-2009, 06:29 PM
The commentators are doped. They insist we are running the ZBS and they did not notice we put the backup OL on the field.

grouch27
09-03-2009, 06:30 PM
Great play by JMFW

skate_d3
Jack mf williams

HurricaneDovs
I know Arizona is not exactly a running team but its good to see that were being able to stop them in the backfield.

Keep it up boys.

Anikai
09-03-2009, 06:31 PM
hell yeah ive seen more 3&outs this preseason than i did all last year

Justblaze2729
09-03-2009, 06:32 PM
this is starting to look like the plummer era all over again ...a qb away from being a legit superbowl contender.

broncosgal24
Anybody else notice no hoody for Josh tonight? Maybe we can get him to burn that thing. I'm loving our d tonight! Go Broncos and thanks for the link so I can see this game!

kylehyden
hell yeah ive seen more 3&outs this preseason than i did all last year

thats for sure

-Rod-
this is starting to look like the plummer era all over again ...a qb away from being a legit superbowl contender.

Does that mean we will at least make the playoffs again?

dman444
I guarantee even if Brandstater does terribly people will still call for him to start.

dman444
09-03-2009, 06:33 PM

And a legit defense.

Upperkut
3 and out.

....nice defense.

Hoserman117
Where did this defense come from? I like that we're doing good and most of our 2nd teamers are on the field already.

Anikai
this commercial makes it seem like the cards are a respeceted franchise....

ARIZONA CARDINALS...

(cue dramatic music)

We Finally won our Division.

xxbeanstaxx
09-03-2009, 06:34 PM
our d looks good. seems like that pass break up by askew was the first one by our dline in forever

NAUbroncofan
09-03-2009, 06:34 PM
im glad this game is going in our favor for once

grouch27
09-03-2009, 06:35 PM
The D is putting the pressure on the Cards. I like what i am seeing so far. Thank you Nolan!

Justblaze2729

Its starting to look like we are headed back to our 04 05 06 defense days good running game with a lacklister qb this year being orton...now if only we can find another cutler ..

Dejavu

lvbronx

I think it means we'll make the playoffs three straight years, then as soon as we replace the QB, we won't make the playoffs for three more..

JakeNbake
09-03-2009, 06:36 PM
Booh the guy streaming it changed the channel :(

Hoserman117
Its starting to look like we are headed back to our 04 05 06 defense days good running game with a lacklister qb this year being orton...now if only we can find another cutler ..

Dejavu

Better than the worst D in the NFL and a handbag full of 7th round draft picks at RB.

Anikai
what the hell happened to the game, I got the news. formaldahyde in a school. damn, then a body hanging from a tree, man people are messed up in AZ

MileHighMagic15
09-03-2009, 06:37 PM
Great catch and throw!

thatkidhunt
09-03-2009, 06:37 PM
What upsets me is as good as Brandstater looks right now, McDaniels will still more then likely start Orton even though he cant throw the ball 50 yards down the field to save his life, Tom looks good!!!!!!!

ORTON CANT MAKE THESE THROWS!!!!!

martz11
09-03-2009, 06:38 PM
what the hell happened to the game, I got the news. formaldahyde in a school. damn, then a body hanging from a tree, man people are messed up in AZ

Must be that dry heat.

HurricaneDovs
Heckuva play by Lloyd.

Snarfalicious
Brandstater looking redunkulous. He's been very smart with the ball. I like what I'm seeing, I like it a lot.

Hoserman117
Dang Tom.

:salute!:

The Experience
09-03-2009, 06:39 PM
Lloyd and Walker need to make this team.:logo:

d-bronx42
brandstater will be starting by week 8.

AdamantiumBronco
Brandstater for starter?

RunYouOver
Jeez...Darius Walker looks good...and Brandstater doesn't look bad!

-Rod-
ORTON CANT MAKE THESE THROWS!!!!!

We are learning that the hard way. By the way, Orton might not start week 1 because of his finger.

martz11
Let the "Bradstrater should be the starter" threads come alive...

HurricaneDovs
Must be that dry heat.

An average of 10,000 degrees a day will do things to you.

anything
what happened? the guy switched the channel.

getlynched47
09-03-2009, 06:40 PM
I LOVE the fact that Brandstater isn't scared to toss it down field once in a while and let his receivers make a play.

I haven't seen that from Kyle Orton. Have you? I didn't think so...

Hoserman117
Can we at least all agree McDaniels is a hell of a QB coach?

Justblaze2729
Better than the worst D in the NFL and a handbag full of 7th round draft picks at RB.

Im not saying its bad thing but if only the whole cutler ordeal had never happened wed be looking real good all together

Atwnbroncfan

Lets not forget this is the 2nd string defense now. And the 2nd string defense of the Cardinals at that.

But no doubt Brandstater shows promise

Tonyshucraft
09-03-2009, 06:41 PM
well....McDaniels couldn't get Matt Cassel but he sure as hell could get himself a Tom B.

kylehyden
how did they get down the field...the video stream went out and it only came back on for the TD

NAUbroncofan

they been going all week

grouch27

Seriously man. I think in my heated "***! where did the game go" i lost touch with humanity. Firemen falling off 20' cliffs, bodies in trees. reminder to never visit Phoenix, AZ

-Rod-
09-03-2009, 06:42 PM
what happened? the guy switched the channel.

Someone must be pissed off with the Broncos good performance there

Snarfalicious
The RB and WR situation is going to be a tough decision for that last spot....

Hoserman117
Im not saying its bad thing but if only the whole cutler ordeal had never happened wed be looking real good all together

Well lets not try to act that Ayers and Smith aren't a part of the team.

BroncoABQ
This Brandstater kid is kinda good.

Hoserman117
09-03-2009, 06:43 PM
That's dumb.... the Cardinals penalty should count since it occurred before the snap.

martz11

That depends on how you look at it. The way I see it, if Cutler was still here we lose all those picks, I don't believe we would have drafted Moreno at 12 with only 1 pick in the first.

I think we'll be just fine.

d-bronx42
Almost our first interception!!

Atwnbroncfan
Do any of notice how much Burton looks like Davis on the field. Its like TD playing saftey lol

HurricaneDovs
Seriously man. I think in my heated "***! where did the game go" i lost touch with humanity. Firemen falling off 20' cliffs, bodies in trees. reminder to never visit Phoenix, AZ

Phoenix aint that bad. Its the rest of the state that can be a little screwy at times.

lostknight
Tom Brandstater is just looking awesome. But would someone remind McDaniels that he is the coach for the whole team, not just the QBs?

Look, we are taking a huge gamble this season. Doesn't it make sense to develop a quarterback for the future?

Snarfalicious
Bruton has really struggled over the past couple games, and dropping a pick doesn't help his case either. He's lucky to play at a weak (depth wise) position, though. He is still a special teams stud though.

Justblaze2729
09-03-2009, 06:45 PM
Well lets not try to act that Ayers and Smith aren't a part of the team.

Very true ...maybe tom b can take that spot at qb

martz11
they been going all week

I should go start one just for the sake of it...

MileHighMagic15
Wooooooo!!!! Int!!!!!!!!!

Hoserman117
Woohoo finally a turnover!!!

AdamantiumBronco
Pick!!!!!!!!!!!! Reid!!!!!!!!!!!

Snarfalicious
Yessss an INT!!!!!!!!! We've done it!!!

thatkidhunt
Great interception!!!!

skate_d3
Int int int!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kylehyden
Finally! Pick

broooks77
Yeeeesssss!

HurricaneDovs
My goodness!! I do believe we has an interception!

757BroncoFanatic
holy cow! an interception! wooooo

grouch27
OMG was that a turnover, or am i drunk

Anikai
The drought is over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah pick whoo yeah hell yea oooh yeah baby picked it off!

Snarfalicious
Helluva play too.

The Experience
09-03-2009, 06:46 PM
The RB and WR situation is going to be a tough decision for that last spot....

Cut Jordan and Jackson. Keep Walker and Lloyd.

broncosgal24
Finally a turnover! Go Broncos!

Peerless
Finally a turnover.

Snarfalicious
Cut Jordan and Jackson. Keep Walker and Lloyd.

Agree completely. I think McKinley needs a spot too.

Hoserman117
09-03-2009, 06:47 PM
I like that this is all with pretty much the 2nd teamers.

Snarfalicious
09-03-2009, 06:47 PM
And another good 3rd down throw. Lloyd for a roster spot!

Hoserman117
09-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Lloyd definitely deserves a spot on this team. If Marshall sticks around and actually plays we have easily a top 5 WR group in the NFL.

The Experience
09-03-2009, 06:48 PM

Absolutely, McKinnley has great potential.

assassin216
09-03-2009, 06:49 PM
defense is doing better than I thought

Upperkut
Dangit!

The channel was switched and I missed the scoring drive....Tom's looking great.

NAUbroncofan
yeah!!! turnover and good offense again. loving it

Snarfalicious
Lloyd definitely deserves a spot on this team. If Marshall sticks around and actually plays we have easily a top 5 WR group in the NFL.

Agreed. We might be able to actually keep an extra WR because a.) Hillis can serve as a RB/FB and b.) Any of our TE's can lineup as a FB. Should open up at least 1 roster spot to carry an extra WR for our WR heavy offense. At least I hope. The only one I wouldn't mind see leave (Besides Jordan) is Jackson.

lostknight
09-03-2009, 06:50 PM
Good poise in the pocket, can't make every throw Cutler can, but certainly has the talent to match a Brady in arm strength.

Anyone else really hoping that Orton is out the first week? I sure do, if only to see what this team can do.

That being said, Brandstater's has had Cutler's first year problems with squirrellyness on the hand off to the RB.

Justblaze2729
09-03-2009, 06:52 PM
ware just rocked himself

Hoserman117
Where was the pass interference?

Oh well good practice for Prater.

Snarfalicious
And he can take a hit! Okay okay, now I'm getting out of hand. And Prater is actually making mid-range kicks.

Hoserman117
09-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Something that I think has gone unnoticed this pre season is that Prater has gone a perfect 5/5 so far drilling multiple short yardage field goals he had problems with last year and nailing a 53 yarder in Seattle.

AtwaterHITS27
Yessss an INT!!!!!!!!! We've done it!!!

Wow, I go on a beer run and we finally get a pick, haha. What happened?

BTW, Prater's been getting a lot of leg into his kickoffs. I really want Walker and Baker to make the team this year too.

Justblaze2729
Good poise in the pocket, can't make every throw Cutler can, but certainly has the talent to match a Brady in arm strength.

Anyone else really hoping that Orton is out the first week? I sure do, if only to see what this team can do.

That being said, Brandstater's has had Cutler's first year problems with squirrellyness on the hand off to the RB.

When i saw on sportcenter that orton said he would be ready for the opening game of the season i was like "noooooooo its fine orton no need to be the big man lol"

Delta110
Sure hope Tom gets the start week 1. He has more potential, Orton has....well Orton is Orton.

HurricaneDovs
09-03-2009, 06:55 PM
Is that Prater doing the kickoffs? Dang. Where the heck was that at the end of last year?

martz11
And he can take a hit! Okay okay, now I'm getting out of hand. And Prater is actually making mid-range kicks.

Bradstrater > Brady...

Now that's getting out of hand!!! I think your still ok.

getlynched47

This could get tough.

I really hoped Chad Jackson would make the team, but he's been highly inconsistent.

I'd say our Wide Receivers will shake up like this:

Marshall
Royal
Gaffney
Stokley

Those four are locks. I'm hesitant to say McKinley is a lock, but he basically is. So then it comes down to Lloyd and Jackson, and Lloyd has done much better.

Lloyd has never lacked talent, only consistency and he's had injury concerns.

Snarfalicious
Wow, I go on a beer run and we finally get a pick, haha. What happened?

BTW, Prater's been getting a lot of leg into his kickoffs. I really want Walker and Baker to make the team this year.

Darrell Reid jumped up and snared a pick. It was a pretty athletic play, actually.

Hoserman117
BAH the dude changed the Channel again :(

Hoserman117
09-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Ayers with the SACK!!! :salute!:

lostknight
Good job Ayers sacking Leinart.

MileHighMagic15
I am digging this defense. This a great offensive team we are doing this against, with our secondary for the most part.

AtwaterHITS27
09-03-2009, 06:57 PM
Darrell Reid jumped up and snared a pick. It was a pretty athletic play, actually.

Thanks man! That's awesome. Our D is looking light years ahead of last year's travesty.

Hoserman117
09-03-2009, 06:57 PM
Oh boohoo the Cardinals announcers are complaining about offsides

getlynched47
09-03-2009, 06:58 PM
LOL at some of you who were in favor of that rumored Leinart for Marshall trade. :laugh:

Leinart Sucks.

Broncoslifer78
Oh boohoo the Cardinals announcers are complaining about offsides

No kidding the idiot just said it was Doom offsides...I guess if Moss changes his uniform and shrinks about 5 inches he is Doom...

Hoserman117
I think Walker should make the team before Jordan.

I'd love to see

Knowshon, Hillis, Buckhalter, and Walter as our RB's

Hoserman117
09-03-2009, 07:00 PM
Maybe McDaniels wearing his hoody just jinxed us all those previous games :P

Snarfalicious
Tommy B is making all the right decisions so far. Very impressed.

AtwaterHITS27
You know what I'm liking the most about Brandstater so far? He's taking the pressure well and it looks like he's got TONS of more confidence than in his first game.

Hoserman117
09-03-2009, 07:01 PM
If Walker doesn't make this team I will be highly confused.

getlynched47
09-03-2009, 07:01 PM
I LOVE this version of offense as opposed to the offense that is in when Orton is the Quarterback. Anybody else agree?

Hoserman117
09-03-2009, 07:02 PM
You know what I'm liking the most about Brandstater so far? He's taking the pressure well and it looks like he's got TONS of more confidence than in his first game.

That's what I've noticed. That first game he was so scared to make a throw that he just held it and got blasted every time. Now he actually has confidence and it looks like he's been well coached and knows the system. I'm liking what I'm seeing.

Speed19
What I like is that we're getting, it seems, at least 7 yards per pass play.

Justblaze2729
I LOVE this version of offense as opposed to the offense that is in when Orton is the Quarterback. Anybody else agree?

Its the NE offense the only thing missing was Tom B and now hes in there :D

jojo187
09-03-2009, 07:03 PM

brandster needs more experience but if the team starts slow I am all for playing the rookie.

Hoserman117
Come on McKinley you have to work on those hands.

AdamantiumBronco
McKinnley dropped it....

Snarfalicious
09-03-2009, 07:04 PM
What a throw. My God. It doesn't getter better than that...

Delta110
Good throw by Tom B. Too bad it was dropped. :sad:

jojo187
McKinnley dropped it....

it was a good defensive play CB knocked it out of his hands :incomplete:

stargazer
That should've been a TD

Hoserman117
Bah we should be up 20-0. Come on McKinley you really need to hold on to those.

I see no reason why Brandstater shouldn't be the starter for this team in 2-3 years.

HurricaneDovs
New coach. New philosophy. Still cant score TDs inside the 20.

Dang.

Hoserman117
09-03-2009, 07:05 PM
it was a good defensive play CB knocked it out of his hands :incomplete:

So? It was in his hands and he dropped it.

That still counts as a drop.

lostknight
09-03-2009, 07:05 PM
Brandstater is a man among boys out there right now.

For the first time since the whole Cutler fiasco, and the draft fiasco, I am getting excited about this team.

AtwaterHITS27
09-03-2009, 07:06 PM
McKinnley dropped it....

McKinley has been hot and cold this pre season, but I like what I've seen so far. He does need to work on his hands though.

I'm not going to jynx anything but Brandstater is looking good so far. Can't ask for a better throw on that play. :go:

Holy crap! Prater is definitely redeeming himself from last year. Good job Matt! Keep it up.

Zanataki
He is playing awesome, no mistakes so far. Looks great.

RunYouOver
What's the name of the song the Broncos play during the kickoff?

jojo187
So? It was in his hands and he dropped it.

That still counts as a drop.

I agree but it is not like he just dropped it straight up. The CB hit the ball... but those are the plays you have to make to beat good team in the regular season.

Hoserman117
09-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Prater is a beast out there tonight.

Upperkut
Wow! I didn't realize the defense has only given up 2 first downs midway through the 2nd.

Hoserman117
I agree but it is not like he just dropped it straight up. The CB hit the ball... but those are the plays you have to make to beat good team in the regular season.

McKinley has had issues all pre season with the dropsies. I wouldn't just throw that in there with a good play by the CB. If McKinley wants to be a legit player for this team he needs to make those plays.

jojo187
09-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Prater is a beast out there tonight.

got him on my fantasy team, this team will be able to move the ball just not sure about scoring touchdowns.

Justblaze2729
What's the name of the song the Broncos play during the kickoff?

Cant be touched by roy jones jr

Snarfalicious

That would have been Eddie Royal in the regular season, and I don't think he's dropping that. I know what you mean though. We can't have mistakes like that.

martz11

Your saying you don't like the run, run, 3 yard pass, punt offense?

serix5000
The thing i like about tom b is if the receiver is open he can get it to him, Great throw crappy drop. Tom B looks like a natural tonight

d-bronx42
I bet McDaniels is pretty happy right now seeing that he might have found himself a QB he can coach up the way he wants...

I am getting a man crush on Tommy B. :smug:

Speed19
09-03-2009, 07:09 PM
12 first downs, no penalites.

jojo187
09-03-2009, 07:10 PM
I bet McDaniels is pretty happy right now seeing that he might have found himself a QB he can coach up the way he wants...

I am getting a man crush on Tommy B. :smug:

Maybe he can only coach 6th and 7th round picks to be good/great QBs

Hoserman117
09-03-2009, 07:10 PM
Why do we get ZERO sideline interviews?

Justblaze2729
09-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Maybe he can only coach 6th and 7th round picks to be good/great QBs

Kinda like shanahan with rbs

broooks77
Twooooooooo!

Hoserman117
Pick number TWO!!!!!!!!

skate_d3
Bruton int!

Snarfalicious
And another pick!!

AdamantiumBronco
BRUTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:salute!::peace:

HurricaneDovs
O_O

Another one?
Wow.

MileHighMagic15
That is 2 INT's in one game. Something must be wrong! Im lovin this D

grouch27
BRUTON! nice work

Anikai
Yeah Pick Whoo! Yeah

Things just went from good to better.

jojo187
09-03-2009, 07:12 PM
at least we are getting picks now

d-bronx42
We actually have a defense everyone!! :peace::peace::peace:

Upperkut
David Bruton!!!!

Turnover 2

lostknight
Walker's is not looking as solid, but Brandstater still looking amazing.

assassin216
That is 2 INT's in one game. Something must be wrong! Im lovin this D

I agree if the defense can play like this during the regular season...We can go to the playoffs :peace:

Snarfalicious
09-03-2009, 07:13 PM
We actually have a defense everyone!! :peace::peace::peace:

And possibly a future at QB!

Hoserman117
Nice grab by McKinley

Hoserman117
Aw angry little broadcaster changed the channel again

jojo187
09-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Walker's is not looking as solid, but Brandstater still looking amazing.

i thought walker looked pretty good.