PDA

View Full Version : The Official Bowling Thread

Broncoholic JS
11-19-2009, 10:33 PM
Hey Broncos Country,
Have a passion for the game/sport of bowling? Do you bowl in a league or competitively? Post your scores and talk about bowling here!

Have a pattern you are struggling on or dominating talk about it here!

Gloat about awesome games and series here!

Whatever it is bowling related, lets hear it!

Broncoholic JS
12-04-2009, 02:28 AM
Ok so first off, I know I am weird with the way I put things together but tonight something happened in my bowling league that was crazy to me.

I bowl well the first game...190, then my second game I get a 247, then I had a not so hot third game. Series was 584.

What was crazy about my second game is 3 things....
1. 6 strikes in a row (Broncos started the season 6 wins in a row).
2. My score 247 (Champ Baileys number + 7 which means he could pick for 6 this weekend).
3. My team was on lane 14 (Brandon Stokleys number).

Am I crazy in thinking we will finish 12-4 with a 6 game winning streak based on tonight's bowling?

Oh and 12, that is the most amount of strikes a person can get in one game. It was done tonight, someone bowled a 300. They were on lane 12 as well. Weird I know right? LOL

Heat Seeker
12-28-2009, 12:33 PM
I'm a league bowler. Average is about 127 right now, but things are generally looking up.

xX-Bronco-Xx
12-28-2009, 01:15 PM
I freakin love bowling with friends. I'm dead terrible at it but it's so fun!

I remember I didn't bowl for a while and then a couple of months ago we decided to go bowling... Got a 65 while my best friend got a 214 :laugh:

Thank goodness no girls were there or else I'd have to endure even more crap.

I really am terrible at it since I don't bowl a lot so I usually get between the 80-110 range. Yeah pretty bad oh well it's a blast though especially if you go during midnight where they put on those crazy lights and everything is all blue and green.

Peanut
12-28-2009, 02:34 PM
We used to bowl a lot. Loved the scratch leagues, going up against the guys. :D I averaged about 150-160. Not great, but not bad.

Had a friend who picked up the 7-10 split. She didn't see it, turned her back on it. In fact, I was the only one who witnessed it. It was league play, so she got a patch for it.

Hubby bowled a 300 game. It was during practice, so no official acknowledgement. But, we saw it.

2 Minute Warning
12-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Hubby and I used to Bowl all the time, did leagues and just for fun days. I always did great :td: during warm-ups, often got too nervous when the real game started. :mad: Sadly our local Bowling alley closed years ago. They also always had great food and drinks at reasonable prices.

I play this sometimes to get my bowling fix.
http://www.bigmoneyarcade.com/index.php?action=playgame&gameid=382

BroncoSexyDaddy
01-05-2010, 10:36 AM
Hubby and I used to Bowl all the time, did leagues and just for fun days. I always did great :td: during warm-ups, often got too nervous when the real game started. :mad: Sadly our local Bowling alley closed years ago. They also always had great food and drinks at reasonable prices.

I play this sometimes to get my bowling fix.
http://www.bigmoneyarcade.com/index.php?action=playgame&gameid=382I used to go bowling alot and were pretty good at it.I wonder how good i will be if i started back.:confused:

2 Minute Warning
02-11-2010, 05:09 PM
I finally got up to 290 here.
Username summerz.

http://www.bigmoneyarcade.com/index.php?action=viewhighscores&scoreid=1067968&gameid=382

#5 summerz 290 11 Feb 2010 06:58pm

Actually it's kinda nice, it's FREEZING out and I can just stay home.:P

http://www.bigmoneyarcade.com/index.php?action=playgame&gameid=382

Steph_24
02-18-2010, 02:56 PM
Thats all me and my family do!
I took state my senior year on our bowling team now I am different leagues throughout the week.
I average around 142 but it slowly keeps getting higher!

Broncoholic JS
11-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Can I get a bump?

LOL

Broncoholic JS
02-15-2013, 04:34 PM
Shameless bumpage....

58_VONDOOM_92
02-15-2013, 05:24 PM
We have a bowling thread? lol thats awesome

theMileHighGuy
02-15-2013, 06:50 PM
Wow a bowling thread, I never saw it.

My family are all bowlers, more or less. I got out of the game quite a while ago, and it's probably been 3 or 4 years since I've been on the lanes. I was never that great, I bowled a few games in the 240s in my day.

My dad however at one time was one of the best bowlers in the state of PA. In his safe I bet there are a dozen or better rings that he's gotten for 300 games, and he has a PBS plaque for his 800 series on the wall in his den. Quite a few years ago now he had back surgery and he's never really been the same. He lost his ability to throw 16 lb and I think it took a lot of the love of the game out of it for him. Recently he's been playing again after my mother talked him into going to 14 lb but I think that hurt his pride a bit. I don't think he sees the game like he used to just something to get out of the house.

I've been meaning to go with him one of these nights but I can never find the time. I'd really like to get back into it and play in a league.