PDA

View Full Version : Official Game Day Thread: Week 11 2009 Chargers vs Broncos

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Elway
11-21-2009, 09:50 PM
Well here we are yet again.

A 6-0 start, down to a screeching halt.

Lost our last three games, the last one in a thoroughly humiliating fashion.
The last win we had was vs the Dolts. We have not won a game since that day and they haven't lost since then.

Now here we are a month later ready to play the Dolts again.

Our QB situation is up in the air, and the Defense has been slipping of late.
Not sure which Broncos team will show up, but I will be glued to the TV watching every minute Win or Lose or Draw.

Last month has sucked to be a fan. No one expected us to be 6-0, but once we were it has been hard to watch the on field performance, to see a team no capitalize on it's chances. Now it is all up in the air.

I hope for a good game, No more injuries and that we can end the day somehow with a "W" and get back to our winning ways.

It is a big game, tensions will be running high. We expect our members here to act responsible and follow the code of conduct. We will be cracking harder down on trolling, so report it, don't feed, encourage or flame it.

Go Broncos! :logo: (please)

KnoMo#27
11-21-2009, 09:58 PM
I,m officially the first one to post for the SD vs Den game-day thread!

GO BRONCOS

AZ Snake Fan
11-21-2009, 11:01 PM

--- Go Broncos !!! ---

megirb444
11-21-2009, 11:39 PM
I'm writing a post before going to bed. I'm so pumped for this game and VERY nervous. I thought last week was the worst week so far, but if we lose to the Chargers I will be really bummed. I have a good feeling though, I think Simms is going to surprise some people. I would be VERY surprised if he doesn't start and I expect the D to be very pumped up.

Keys to the game::

Return of the D: Our D players need to step it back up to where they were before the bye. This of course depends partially on how many minutes they are on the field by the time the 4th Q rolls around, but ultimately they need to play team D. BDawk is the heart & soul of this side of the ball, I know he'll be in top "Wolverine" form tomorrow.

Run the Ball: Whichever team can establish the run early, wins the game. Period. I have a sneaky feeling that Moreno and Buck have 200 rushing yards between the two of them.

Filling in for Orton The amount of success Simms has in the game will be a huge factor on which team build momentum throughout the game. We know Rivers is going to show up and play, question is can Simms hold up his side of the field? I have my doubts, like we all do, but my heart says he pulls it out tomorrow.

What can I say, I always have faith in my boys because I bleed orange and blue. Win or lose, I'll still be behind them.

Broncos win: 27-24

JoeyBee
11-21-2009, 11:40 PM
GO BRONCOS!!!! SWEEP THE CHARGERS!!! BLAM! BLAM!:helmet::helmet:

Broncoholic JS
11-21-2009, 11:45 PM
Guess I will post this here as nobody will post in my thread because it will get lost with no sticky. Even though my thread rocked the socks off this board and was posted first. No offense Elway. Maybe we can let others post gameday threads too, kinda like sharing.

San Diego Chargers (6-3) at Denver Broncos (6-3)
Invesco Field at Mile High
Sunday November 22, 2009, 2:15pm CBS

The Denver Broncos welcome division rival San Diego to Mile High. Both clubs are entering the game with a 6-3 mark. The winner of this game takes sole possession of the AFC West lead through 11 weeks of play in the 2009 season. The winner will also control their playoff destiny. If Denver wins they sweep the Chargers for the first time since 2005, that season was the last time the Broncos went to the playoffs. That season also ended with a Broncos win over the Chargers in San Diego in week 17. Can the Broncos end their 3 game losing streak? Will San Diego even the season series? If you aren't in attendance at Mile High, tune in to CBS to find out!

A quick look at the head to head matchup....

Chargers at Broncos
W-L PF PA HOME ROAD DIV CONF
SDG 6-3 237 202 3-2 3-1 3-1 4-3
DEN 6-3 167 151 3-1 3-2 2-0 5-2

Current AFC West standings through week 10

2009 AFC West Standings
TEAM W L T PF PA
Denver 6 3 0 167 151
San Diego 6 3 0 237 202
Kansas City 2 7 0 142 215
Oakland 2 7 0 88 217

This game also is the last one that Barrelman Tim Mckernan will attend in his lifetime. He has lung cancer and is only expected to live another 2-6 months. If you are going to the game, he will be giving a farewell speech either before the game or during halftime. So get there early to represent for Tim and the Broncos. Tune up your cheering voice tonight and don't go to work with it on Monday!

GO BRONCOS!!

Barrel man Thread...

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=155599

Other Chargers-Broncos threads...

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=156616

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=156647

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=156822

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=156812

DO WORK BRONCOS, DO WORK!!

I will be at the game tomorrow! Cant wait to cheer on our boys!

The Executioner
11-22-2009, 12:07 AM
Go Broncos!!! Support Broncos!!!! :orton:

Orange&Blue19
11-22-2009, 01:30 AM
:logo: GO BRONCOS!!! :logo:

ORANGE and BLUE all day, everyday!!

Age Of Orton
11-22-2009, 04:49 AM
:go:
I have not been so pumped up for a game in years!
This really has a big game feeling like none before. This is the defining moment for the McDenver Broncos. I pray to god (or Allah, Jesus, Budha, whoever's available to lend a hand) that Orton plays, that we show up to this game like we did in weeks 1-6, that everyone stays safe and healthy, that he-who-must-not-be-named eats a sufficiant amount of dirt, as the Barrel man wished him, and that mile high will work it's magic one more time for us.
SWEEP S.D!!!:logo:

Elway
11-22-2009, 08:05 AM
Guess I will post this here as nobody will post in my thread because it will get lost with no sticky. Even though my thread rocked the socks off this board and was posted first. No offense Elway. Maybe we can let others post gameday threads too, kinda like sharing.

I will be at the game tomorrow! Cant wait to cheer on our boys!

In effort to cut down on duplicate threads we try to have the one Official Game Day thread. So for over 5 years I have been setting that thread up just before midnight of game day and spending my Sundays here to moderate it. It is easier to watch the flow of the board and stay on top of reports by doing it that way.

We're wary of having too many stickies, the board was being over run with them. Feel free to add whatever stats or items you have each week into the thread like you did this week.

Thanks.

Hippie Guy
11-22-2009, 08:09 AM
The wait is killin me...have not been this pumped for a game in a long time.

Feels like a post season game.

GO BRONCOS !!!

:logo: :go: :logo:

Peerless
11-22-2009, 08:28 AM
Elway has lost his mojo with the game threads. He's on a terrible W/L streak right now.

C'mon big guy...

Orale Holmes
11-22-2009, 08:34 AM
what uni's are they wearing today?

Hippie Guy
11-22-2009, 08:36 AM
what uni's are they wearing today?

Should be the regular home uni's...not throwbacks.

biglenny
11-22-2009, 09:01 AM
Happy Game Day people!!!
:cheers:

2 Minute Warning
11-22-2009, 09:13 AM
Got my Nachos and refreshments for my Bronco sippy cup:D
Go Denver!:go::td::logo:

Andyy_47
11-22-2009, 09:17 AM
This is it people, from 19th October onwards we all looked forward to this day, our chance to sweep the Chargers and move closer to the playoffs.

I have no doubt in my mind that we can do this, its just gonna rely on alot of players having a big day. I can't wait to hear Dawkins' pre-game pep talk. Alot of inspiration is gonna be needed, and I think we'll win this by 6.

On a side note, another Broncos game televised in Britain! The second time this season. The last game? Just a little game where we shut up some analysts, against the Cowboys, last year our first game televising on a sunday night? Oh, just the 39-38 game against the Chargers at home. Hope the superstition keeps up and lets not embarass ourselves lol! Let's go denver!

Elway
11-22-2009, 09:29 AM
Per ESPN - SIMMS is Starting QB'

cross your fingers folks!

Elway
11-22-2009, 09:29 AM
Elway has lost his mojo with the game threads. He's on a terrible W/L streak right now.

C'mon big guy...

To Quote Austin Powers. "I lost me Mojo!" :jawdrop:

Andyy_47
11-22-2009, 09:44 AM
Chris Simms starts, but Orton is fit to play, he starts as no. 2 QB behind Simms, hopefully if things go bad we turn to him.

JimmyJm
11-22-2009, 09:45 AM
Per ESPN - SIMMS is Starting QB'

cross your fingers folks!

I think K. Orton could play and its Josh Mcdaniels that is keeping him out because he wants to show imms was a good pick and is capable of winning. I think Orton should play he would play better hurt then simms playing healthy and would give Denver a spark they need its time to keep your hand close to the panic button....If simms plays today and looks bad are there any more excuses left to give him?

SAFDbronco
11-22-2009, 09:48 AM
well here we go, lets all pray we dont have to rely on simms.... orton may not have the great long ball, but at least he can play quarterback... simms--underachiever at texas, and more disappointing in pros... well win or lose...GO BRONCOS!!!!:logo:

Broncoholic JS
11-22-2009, 10:27 AM
In effort to cut down on duplicate threads we try to have the one Official Game Day thread. So for over 5 years I have been setting that thread up just before midnight of game day and spending my Sundays here to moderate it. It is easier to watch the flow of the board and stay on top of reports by doing it that way.

We're wary of having too many stickies, the board was being over run with them. Feel free to add whatever stats or items you have each week into the thread like you did this week.

Thanks.

You are kinda contradicting yourself by saying multiple threads, my thread was posted first. Therefore, you made a multiple gameday thread post. Like I said in my thread I have posted the gameday thread in our Broncos myspace group every week, but that also does not mean I have to. If someone else posts the thread I will not post it and post in theirs. It is kinda like sharing, you know that thing we were taught as kids. Like the 2 people who posted in my thread said it was nice and yes I did put a lot of work in it. Maybe you can take some pointers and ideas on my thread and use them in yours. Like you said, I had some good things to add. As for having too many stickies, it is just that simple you dont post a thread and sticky mine. I dont want to get on peoples nerves as I just started posting more actively, but you can understand my argument. It isn't just about me, if someone else wants to post the gameday thread let them. I am not hurt, just had to say something about it.

Anyways, just eating breakfast and then heading down to tailgate and represent Broncos Country!

I plan on not having a voice tomorrow and rocking section 501!

I have made 4 signs...

D-(then the fence)
We Love You Tim Thank You! <<for the barrel man
Get Loud Mile High Go Broncos
and
Royal
Cant
Be
Stopped
by S.D. <<<CBS, get it? LOL

DO WORK BRONCOS, DO WORK!

bronco30
11-22-2009, 11:05 AM
were gunna need our best rushing attack of the year today for a variety of reasons most obvisous to help a QB whos been out of football for 3 years...

need defense n ST's to give us a few short fields n the barrel man to bring us some magic to pull out this win...

JimmyJm
11-22-2009, 11:09 AM
were gunna need our best rushing attack of the year today for a variety of reasons most obvisous to help a QB whos been out of football for 3 years...

need defense n ST's to give us a few short fields n the barrel man to bring us some magic to pull out this win...

We are going to need the offense to go a little easier on the defense by not going 3 and out all day.

http://gridironfans.com/forums/customavatars/avatar1695_48.gif

Peerless
11-22-2009, 11:35 AM
I actually don't work this Sunday. I can finally watch a Broncos game.

jgod654
11-22-2009, 11:42 AM
Haha! Amazing comment from Scott Hanson on NFL Redzone after the 40 yard TD to Chansi Stuckey:

"Who are these guys in the orange helmets - and what have they done to the Cleveland Browns offense?"

TimberHut
11-22-2009, 12:12 PM
The day has started well.

Saw a cracking 'comedy own goal' in the Bolton v Blackburn game.

Then Pompey lost to Stoke (that is good - trust me, this is a major positive omen for the Broncos today)

The beer is flowing well as I flip around the 'don't really care' early games.

All set the main course. SD are about a 6.5 point fav according to the bookies. Means nothing - gonna be a cracker. Broncos to win by 10.

Bring it on.

JoeyBee
11-22-2009, 12:13 PM
You are kinda contradicting yourself by saying multiple threads, my thread was posted first. Therefore, you made a multiple gameday thread post. Like I said in my thread I have posted the gameday thread in our Broncos myspace group every week, but that also does not mean I have to. If someone else posts the thread I will not post it and post in theirs. It is kinda like sharing, you know that thing we were taught as kids. Like the 2 people who posted in my thread said it was nice and yes I did put a lot of work in it. Maybe you can take some pointers and ideas on my thread and use them in yours. Like you said, I had some good things to add. As for having too many stickies, it is just that simple you dont post a thread and sticky mine. I dont want to get on peoples nerves as I just started posting more actively, but you can understand my argument. It isn't just about me, if someone else wants to post the gameday thread let them. I am not hurt, just had to say something about it.

Anyways, just eating breakfast and then heading down to tailgate and represent Broncos Country!

I plan on not having a voice tomorrow and rocking section 501!

I have made 4 signs...

D-(then the fence)
We Love You Tim Thank You! <<for the barrel man
Get Loud Mile High Go Broncos
and
Royal
Cant
Be
Stopped
by S.D. <<<CBS, get it? LOL

DO WORK BRONCOS, DO WORK!

GET 'EM!!!! I agree with you. While it is somewhat of a tradition, Elway doesn't want to give anyone else the opportunity. Then he will use his "mod powers" to swing the situation to his side.

I like Elway's game day threads. Though, they have been slacking of late. Step your game up Elway! Your not doing the name justice.

Where's the JD?
11-22-2009, 12:14 PM
I am ditching work to watch this game, if the Broncos don't win I'm gonna sue them for a days wages.

C'mon Donkeys, win the damn game. Don't break my heart again.

:logo::logo::logo:

thequarterback
11-22-2009, 12:20 PM

That's all...

JoeyBee
11-22-2009, 12:26 PM

That's all...

Pfft.. Damn cheese and wine crowd.

JimmyJm
11-22-2009, 12:27 PM

That's all...
Here We Go Denver, Here We Go, Denver Is Going To The Super Bowl
.......:coffee:

thequarterback
11-22-2009, 12:29 PM
Pfft.. Damn cheese and wine crowd.

I can't root for my team...? Here I was thinking this was the Broncos forum...

JoeyBee
11-22-2009, 12:33 PM
I can't root for my team...? Here I was thinking this was the Broncos forum...

If I can just help you with your Christmas list....

1. SARCASM DETECTOR

JimmyJm
11-22-2009, 01:22 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Images/09%20Blogs/front_simms_ze_091122.jpg = http://gridironfans.com/forums/customavatars/avatar1695_48.gif

DishWater
11-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Here's to hoping Knowshon will get a butt load of carries...so we won't need to rely on the albino's arm.

GO BRONCOS!!!!

AtwaterHITS27
11-22-2009, 01:39 PM
Let's go Broncos! :go:

Where's the JD?
11-22-2009, 01:39 PM
I'm so nervous about this game, I say we have maybe a 40% chance of winning.

Peerless
11-22-2009, 01:45 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Images/09%20Blogs/front_simms_ze_091122.jpg = http://gridironfans.com/forums/customavatars/avatar1695_48.gif

You keep posting that .gif, and you keep getting zero responses.

It's not that funny.

JimmyJm
11-22-2009, 01:56 PM
You keep posting that .gif, and you keep getting zero responses.

It's not that funny.

Its good luck for Denver today.

Elway
11-22-2009, 02:00 PM
Its good luck for Denver today.

Denver is gonna need some luck and a return to form if they want to beat SD, let's hope they are up to the task! Go Broncos! :logo:

Tremendous45th
11-22-2009, 02:04 PM
lets gooooooooooooo yea baby beat them electricians

megirb444
11-22-2009, 02:06 PM
I"m pretty nervous about this game. The main thing I'm hoping for is SD not being in top form and taking this game for granted. In addition to that, I pray our team plays like they did against SD the first time. I don't think Simms will be as bad as everyone is anticipating, but I gotta say how funny it is to see so many people giving Orton credit now he's out of the game. I have a good feeling about Knowshon and Buck having big games.. :salute!:

JimmyJm
11-22-2009, 02:07 PM
Denver is gonna need some luck and a return to form if they want to beat SD, let's hope they are up to the task! Go Broncos! :logo:
This sucks im missing the beginning because of steelers and kansas city...:cheeky:

Side note: ben r. just got hurt

Den615
11-22-2009, 02:11 PM
This sucks im missing the beginning because of steelers and kansas city...:cheeky:

me too:mad:

assassin216
11-22-2009, 02:11 PM
wish I can see the game :sad:

megirb444
11-22-2009, 02:12 PM

They have it on here as well, I'm in Portland. I think they'll switch over at 1:15 right?! I'll be pissed if they don't...

Starbroncs
11-22-2009, 02:14 PM
They have it on here as well, I'm in Portland. I think they'll switch over at 1:15 right?! I'll be pissed if they don't...

oh hey im right across the river in vancouver :D
Stupid steelers. :sad:

JimmyJm
11-22-2009, 02:14 PM

I think there going too just went to a commercial out if the blue...:go:

Elway
11-22-2009, 02:16 PM
And we are off and running

Come on Simms!

DrunkPanda
aw. damnit simms is playing. game over

Starbroncs
chambers to like the 3 yard line, game over go to the bronco game!

Andyy_47
Heart is pounding like crazy, come on Broncos, lets get us top of this division.

Nice job Moreno, a flag already, come on son?!

Tremendous45th
face mask yes good business

Elway
11-22-2009, 02:17 PM
facemask on SD 15 yards after a good Moreno run.

Andyy_47
Good flag! Great job Moreno, draw that flag :P

Elway
two good runs by Moreno. I'm nervous about seeing Simms pass.

Tremendous45th
lets keep pushin em off the ball

megirb444
11-22-2009, 02:18 PM
***? They still have the KC game on...please a link or something since CBS is screwing me over right now..what is going on?????

Elway
Wow watching it on TV, I never heard the stadium so quiet for a game.

Andyy_47
Oh hells yeah! We've rushed for more already than we managed against the steelers near enough!

DrunkPanda
so are we just going to run every play and not like simms throw the ball? because we might win if we do that

Tremendous45th
ooooo we gettin a nice push yessssss come on get that run game goin yessssss

Master Supreme
Ok give us a big W today plzzz. lets do this boys :go::helmet:

Andyy_47
11-22-2009, 02:19 PM

Yeah commentator just made that point, I think the crowd is nervous, after we get a score it'll burst into life.

DrunkPanda

are YOU excited about the idea of simms starting the game?

BR0NCOFANATIC
Can somebody PM me it plz?

Tremendous45th

im only hopin its cuz we got the ball

Elway
Side note KC beat Pitt in OT 27-24.

Andyy_47
Need a conversion here Simms, shut this board up with negativity!

MileHighStud
11-22-2009, 02:20 PM
Establish that run baby!!!!!

Tremendous45th
our run game looks good though for real lol

Elway
are YOU excited about the idea of simms starting the game?

Excited for the team to play the Chargers, it almost feels like the whole stadium is apprehensive at what can happen after our 3 losses.

Andyy_47
That 3rd down conversion was all Simms.

In the UK, the main analyst is an outright Steelers fan, and was silent for about 10 seconds there when he was meant to announce the Chiefs have won!

Tremendous45th
11-22-2009, 02:21 PM
Side note KC beat Pitt in OT 27-24.

yea kc might be a problem now that they got chambers.....

Master Supreme
Hammer that rock boys, let them feel the thin air by 4th QT :go::logo:

COBronc78
Oh..my...god

Andyy_47
For the love of god simms!!!

Bronco#6
Omg omg omg omg omg omg

Hoserman117
Well.... we certainly don't seem to have a problem running the ball :laugh:

Elway
OMG - first attempt Simms fumbles the ball away.

s-u-p-e-r

JimmyJm
OK Pull him

Starbroncs
11-22-2009, 02:22 PM
CHRIS SIMMS! oh my god. get this idiot off the field please.

Tremendous45th
simms aint no better he is just garbage no way of puttin it hes garbage......

no excuses

redbirdy80
:eek:

Huh?

:(

megirb444
Great. CBS makes me miss the entire drive where moreno is running and then right when they switch it over..we turn it over.. ugh.

MileHighStud
We drove all the way down the field for this loser to give it up!!!!
WHY IS HE IN THERE!!!!!!!

Hoserman117
Why Simms... why do you exist....

DrunkPanda
get simms out of the damn game. you are already an idiot for letting him start in the first place, don't make yourself look even more foolish

Master Supreme
awww man come on, we were looking so good :sad:

bucking bronco
March down the field running the ball...1st pass for Simms = FUMBLE! Ahahaha...what a joke he is!

Tremendous45th
come on d play impressive again

getlynched47
11-22-2009, 02:23 PM
Simms sucks.

Dont make excuses for him, his only pass attempt and he holds it for too long and fumbles it. What a failure...

mojo0730
Wow. How bad is Chris Simms really? His first pass attempt in a critical game, and he FUMBLES?!

Hoserman117
Blah... I was trying to force myself to not watch this game for this very reason.... unfortunately I only managed to force myself to miss 3 snaps :sad:

Martinbronco
So frustrating.

Maybe there was an excuse last week because he wasn't ready but there's no excuse for that. He is a joke.

MileHighStud
YOUR IN THE NFL YOU IDIOT!!!

Put me in I CAN hand it off, I can fumble the ball!!! GOOD LORD!!!!

Tremendous45th
champ gets beat by that comeback route consistently......

consistently

Andyy_47
What the heck happened there? Did Bailey even realise it was a pass?

DrunkPanda
wow. champ bailey sucks now. the only way he can look halfway decent is by giving the receiver a 15 yard cushion every play. i'm sick of watching that

Elway
Come on D, stop them.

BR0NCOFANATIC
Can someone PM me it Plz?

getlynched47
The D looks like the same D from last year.

This sucks :(

Andyy_47
11-22-2009, 02:24 PM
That was god awful defencer, over commited to the blitz there

Starbroncs
put hillis in at qb please. His performance last week and that play makes you wonder if hes playing for the other team.

DBroncos 4 Life
Sproles is my nightmare!

Elway
Is it time to put the back up in yet?

MileHighStud
Simms is a joke!!!!!

Hoserman117
Yeah guys. Champ sucks cause he gave up an 11 yard completion... :rolleyes:

Tremendous45th
simms gives them momentum and they shred our defense i shouldve stayed takin my nap

Peerless
Well... At least we had some nice runs early on.

Doesn't look good.

megirb444
11-22-2009, 02:25 PM
I"m hoping it's a good sign that we don't have to listen to Dan Dierdorf the whole time..

Hoserman117
Oh well... it's only the first quarter.... but this looks bad :sad: I don't wanna have a 4th weekend in a row ruined

Sync
Hi, I just want to check something. I pay for Game Pass HD but they've blacked out this game so I can't watch LIVE, I'm trying to follow on NFL.com's tracking thing. Please tell me Chris Simms didn't actually ruin what looked like a nice drive on his first passing attempt of the day by getting sacked for eleven yards and then fumbling the ball away, too?

Maybe another of his vital organs will fall out and we'll be saved watching him throw away the rest of the game for us.*

*yes that was in bad taste and in reality I wish no harm on the man.

DrunkPanda
Simms is a joke!!!!!

mcdaniels is the joke for letting him start

Andyy_47
11-22-2009, 02:26 PM
How can it be a time out if he snapped it?!

Tremendous45th
i wanna win this game and i want champ to have an interception....

hes sorely overdue for one

getlynched47
Oh well... it's only the first quarter.... but this looks bad :sad: I don't wanna have a 4th weekend in a row ruined

I can't manage a 4 game losing streak. I'll lose my marbles :ugh:

Elway
I"m hoping it's a good sign that we don't have to listen to Dan Dierdorf the whole time..

Announcers have already started singing Rivers & LT's praises.

BVP
Hopefully Orton is ready to go...:orton:

MileHighStud

Thats what I am talking about ELWAY!!!! We need our second stringer in there!!!!!

Pruke
Is it really too late to get Garcia signed and suited up? Simms gets a short leash from me today - I'm really not happy with him / his play / his attitude (sorry, this is partially venting from that crappy fumble).

Andyy_47
11-22-2009, 02:27 PM
Hi, I just want to check something. I pay for Game Pass HD but they've black out this game so I can't watch LIVE, I'm trying to follow on NFL.com's tracking thing. Please tell me Chris Simms didn't actually ruin what looked like a nice drive on his first passing attempt of the day by getting sacked for eleven yards and then fumbling the ball away, too?

Maybe another of his vital organs will fall out and we'll be saved watching him throw away the rest of the game for us.*

*yes that was in bad taste and in reality I wish no harm on the man.

He held onto the ball far too long, Marshall was wide open 5 yards down field and he stared him down and didn't pull the trigger. Pass protection coulda been better.

BroncsSB#3
At least the run game looked good

The Experience
Simms careless with the ball.

Put Brandstater in please. at least he would have an excuse for not playing well.

JimmyJm

Yes Please.....:ugh:

megirb444
This will be huge if we can stop them from making any points off that early turnover by Simms..

I could tell Orton is so anxious to get in the game because he was hovering over Simms when McD was having him look at the play.

Tremendous45th
i want these charger trolls silenced beat these clowsn so they will burrow back into their hole of a message board

REALBroncFan
11-22-2009, 02:28 PM
omg.... broncs suckin already...

Sync
He held onto the ball far too long, Marshall was wide open 5 yards down field and he stared him down and didn't pull the trigger. Pass protection coulda been better.
Ugh. Someone throw up a facepalm .GIF please.

:brick:

getlynched47
:(

Well clearly we're screwed.

Andyy_47
NEEEEEEED to hold them to 3 or get a turnover.

Oh come on?! THe brady rule?!

MileHighStud
11-22-2009, 02:29 PM
YOU make strupid mistakes against a good team, IT's OVER!!!!!!

megirb444
So they can't even touch a helmet now? god, just let them play the game..sheesh!

Elway
Roughing the passer, if you are gonna rough him, make it count.

Tremendous45th
this is still simms fault all that practice all week all that hype he knew he was gonna start and he blew it i hope he sleeps well tonight......

the games not over no but the momentum was ours we could have scored....

bucking bronco
awww...poor phyliss got slapped in his big fat head

Andyy_47
Two more of them please!

Sync
I could tell Orton is so anxious to get in the game because he was hovering over Simms when McD was having him look at the play. Are you sure that was enthusiasm and not murderous intent?

BVP
Well, our defesne doesn't look so hot either...

AtwaterHITS27
11-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Come on D. Get a stop here!

odd_thomas
I looked over Simms career yesterday. He has played in 22 games with a 9-13 record and a 60-something rating. Based on that fumble this is going to be a VERY long day.:sad::sad:

fraguela09

Simms choked.... that's it really. Totally put DEN in a terrible spot. NO WAY coach calls for a slow-developing pass play with Simms. We were running well.... coach called a pass to balance it and keep them honest.... Sure it was a quick hit to Marshall. Simms is too timid. I predict he gets yanked by half.

BIG PLAY COMING....a FOUR point play!

Hoserman117
mcdaniels is the joke for letting him start

What else is he gonna go with? A rookie 6th rounder who doesn't even begin to understand the offense? It's not all his fault. I don't think he ran out there and called a play where Simms fumbles the ball.

Elway
11-22-2009, 02:31 PM
and they get first blood - well that totally sucks. :sad:

Andyy_47
That is frigging awful defence. We need a pass rush!

HarlemHeat
So what exactly has happened to our D?..

Usually I would say it's due to adjustments after seeing us, but it doesn't look like other teams are doing anything differently..they're just running right through us..

Defense is just average, while Chris Simms is by far the worst QB in the NFL..

what a waste of a good drive..

Tremendous45th
nice coverage veterans

BVP
Wow... right through 3 defenders.

Hoserman117
Are you sure that was enthusiasm and not murderous intent?

:laugh: I'm going for the second one.

I want Orttonnnn

RunYouOver
I hate rivers so much...what the hell happened to our defense?

megirb444
Are you sure that was enthusiasm and not murderous intent?

Oh definitely the latter..haha.. Oh god, our D can't even stop them on the first drive..it didn't even look like we cared to stop them.

Snk16
:ugh:

Bad start...:(

Gallegos7788
We got mile high saluted.

Peerless
Of course they'd get it on third down.

Denver sucks.

Starbroncs
simms you better not be the reason we lose 2 straight. last week was your fault! :fight:

fraguela09
Come on D. Get a stop here!

If we rush four men we are going to get blown out today. Rivers had ALL DAY. We even had the WR doubled and we still didn't even come close.

WOW!

We might be 6-5 on Friday. This is ugly.

bucking bronco
11-22-2009, 02:32 PM
swiss cheese D again this week. I might be turning this game off by halftime. On the bright side, Simms will touch the ball again on denver's next possession :sad:

getlynched47
Thanks Simms :rolleyes:

Only problem....you allowed 6 points to go to San Diego instead of putting 6 points up for our team...

Gosh you suck. Full of suckage.

Suck suck suck suck.

Now what are we going to do? The offense is led by Simms, the defense still looks like the same crap we've seen the last 3 weeks.

I'm losing my MIND :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :sick:

Pruke
Sad.

Should be up 7-0 and have some momentum - instead, down 7-0 and on our heels with Simms in the pocket to bring us back.

So far - not so good.

Let's get'em back!

Sync
I'm going to stop reading this thread because it's my only means of keeping up with the game atm and it's making me want to cry.

Tremendous45th
come on run game keep us in this game......

Master Supreme
Come on guys get it togther, we cant let them score that easy :sad:

getlynched47
11-22-2009, 02:33 PM
I hate rivers so much...what the hell happened to our defense?

The defense is still on its bye week(s)

JimmyJm
Roughing the passer, if you are gonna rough him, make it count.

That quote needs a picture to go along with it...:)

DrunkPanda
What else is he gonna go with? A rookie 6th rounder who doesn't even begin to understand the offense? It's not all his fault. I don't think he ran out there and called a play where Simms fumbles the ball.

moreno as qb in the wildcat. or for a more conventional solution, sign a freaking quarterback sometime between last week and this week or let brandstater play. who cares if he understands the offense? give him three pass plays that he knows how to run and call runs for the rest of the time

fraguela09
simms you better not be the reason we lose 2 straight. last week was your fault! :fight:

We're already down 7-0. We're averaging 11 points a game during this 3-game slide. It's one thing to blow it on that 3rd down and hand SD a TD. We just can't recover from blowing it in the RZ. We're not that good, our offense is too bland.... Failing to score in the RZ is a killer.

svpearson
Man our defense looks like last year again....arrrggg.

final score

SD 28
Denver 7

Elway
OK, if you are of age, time to bust out the alcohol!

If not, try to find your happy place and hope Denver turns this around.

WildcatsBroncos
We have no shot. Our D's best days are long gone and Sims, hahahahahaha

Andyy_47
Still shaking, this time with rage lol, typical defence, we serioualy need to get this defence sorted, I'll take FGs all day. Just stop them.

Pruke
I'm expecting some big things in the 3rd quarter from this defense, if we're still in it.

I really hope Nolan can make the 'right' adjustments like he did in the first 6 games, not the past 3.

fraguela09
11-22-2009, 02:34 PM
Did we win the coin toss? I'm getting tired of opting for the ball. NEXT TIME PLEASE KICK IT OFF. I prefer getting the ball after half. WE NEVER score in our opening drive anyway.

LASERLIPS
11-22-2009, 02:34 PM
I think I'm going to be breaking out the Advil early today...

MileHighStud
11-22-2009, 02:35 PM
Mocking the mile highsalute!!!! That sob!!!!! We need to hit em in the mouth!!!!

d-bronx42
Our defense is officially a joke...

Tremendous45th
the second half of the broncos seasons have been like that apple commercial....

the same ole thing trust me though......trust me....

it will be different

DavisMVP
Was he SACKED?

WildcatsBroncos
moreno as qb in the wildcat. or for a more conventional solution, sign a freaking quarterback sometime between last week and this week or let brandstater play. who cares if he understands the offense? give him three pass plays that he knows how to run and call runs for the rest of the time

I agree, another bad decision by McD. Forget the hasbin and get the rook some reps. Atleast then he'll get a little experience

Peerless
11-22-2009, 02:36 PM
I have better things to do this Sunday then to watch Chris Simms and our soft ass defense play pee wee football.

They better show something here. If they don't, it's over.

DBroncos 4 Life
Keep running the ball McD...

I mean like every freakin' play

odd_thomas
So damn sad. What did we have,7 running plays? First time Simms throws, he fumbles? This is going to be a VERY long day. Wish I had MORE beer.

bucking bronco
The middle od Denvers D stinks.

fraguela09
I guess trusting Polumbus to protect the blindside wasn't the best move. Why didn't we flip Clady?

BVP

Agreed. We have to change something up. More trickery or something..

Elway
Drive # 2 here we go.

1 completion.

Gallegos7788
Did we win the coin toss? I'm getting tired of opting for the ball. NEXT TIME PLEASE KICK IT OFF. I prefer getting the ball after half. WE NEVER score in our opening drive anyway.

I've been thinking the same thing.

DBroncos 4 Life
11-22-2009, 02:37 PM
YES! Completion!

Pruke
OK, if you are of age, time to bust out the alcohol!

If not, try to find your happy place and hope Denver turns this around.

I abstain for good Broncos plays / consumer for bad.

I have a feeling I should batten down the hatchets at home and throw the car keys out the window.

Tremendous45th
that pass wouldve been nice on the first drive you you you....

Andyy_47
That was a horrible pass to Gaffney! A better secondary woulda had that batted or picked. No, i'm not being critical, that was floated

AtwaterHITS27
Yay..another penalty.

I_Shon
May be time to bring up the Chris Simms sucks group again.

And why is it so quiet? Fans need to make noise.

Hoserman117
Noooo!! He completed a pass!!!

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLLDDDDD

Tremendous45th
11-22-2009, 02:38 PM
we dink and dunk and then one penalty makes that play null and void lol

fraguela09
and now mental mistakes will kill a drive. And we wonder why it's so difficult for us to score TDs.

14-0 before we blink. It was supposed to be 7-0 DEN!

Snk16
Thanks Simms :rolleyes:

Only problem....you allowed 6 points to go to San Diego instead of putting 6 points up for our team...

Gosh you suck. Full of suckage.

Suck suck suck suck.

Now what are we going to do? The offense is led by Simms, the defense still looks like the same crap we've seen the last 3 weeks.

I'm losing my MIND :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :sick:

I would argue that the offense was actually moving well until Simms got stripped...which if anything was him holding the ball on too long.

HarlemHeat
Maybe we should set some kind of record and go Wild Horses for the entire game..

can Moreno at QB be any worse than Simms?..

Hoserman117
I smell a 3 and out.....

SPLITTINGBUNS
Wow we are using hillis ! about time

Tremendous45th
i dont even care if hillis touched the ball i wanna win forget him i dont care who touches the ball i wanna win.......

DrunkPanda
when simms drops back to pass, everything looks like it happens in slow motion. slow to find his target, slow to throw the ball, ball travels through the air in slow motion

BVP
Nice false start Polumbus.

Andyy_47
11-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Great, thanks Ron, when do you retire?

Elway
another false start, can't be the crowd noise.

DBroncos 4 Life
may be time to bring up the chris simms sucks group again.

And why is it so quiet? Fans need to make noise.

ughhhhhh!!!!!!!!!11

That's my noise

AtwaterHITS27
And another.

MileHighStud
This is going to be a long day!!!!!!

Pruke
Sweet - we're doing to shoot our sorry butts in the arse - US / KILLING.. US!!!

C'mon - this is a McD issue - he needs to get these kids together better.

bucking bronco
I don't see the broncos winning this game. they look like crap in all phases.

I_Shon
Offense looking great... :/

Andyy_47
Pull him, put Brandstater in there, I don't care, PULL HIM NOW!

BVP
Ooh man.. gonna be a long game.

HarlemHeat
expect to see a lot of laughter from Simms after the game, including not taking any blame..

AtwaterHITS27
Simms has 5 sacks in two games. Wow, just wow.

DBroncos 4 Life
11-22-2009, 02:40 PM
FACEMASK! Come on!

Elway
and Simms down like a sack of potatoes.

Hoserman117
I would argue that the offense was actually moving well until Simms got stripped...which if anything was him holding the ball on too long.

Yeah but Simms didn't do shiz while we were moving.

I vote for Wildhorses the entire time.

RunYouOver
Unbelievably depressing.

Why should we think we're going to stop them on D?

assassin216
Ooh man.. gonna be a long game.

yeap :sad:

Tremendous45th
my feelings are hurt I would rather be a bad team all year rather then win talk smack then fold up in the end.....

Peerless
This game is over.

MileHighStud
If simms doesnt have 5 minutes to throw he isnt going to find anyone!!!!

Andyy_47
removed my mod staff

Another Fairweather idiot, back to your own boards Mr. 1 post.

DrunkPanda
stop begging for phantom penalties and try to move the ball by not sucking at qb, simms

Papa-pwn
Please please please put orton in :sad:

I can't take any more of this

getlynched47
Simms sucks. Simms sucks.

He hasn't done anything to disprove that.

He sucks.

He holds on to the ball way too long.

Oh and thanks Mitch Berger....you just allowed San Diego great field position to go up 14-0 on our crappy team.

Thanks.

Wonderful weekend :rolleyes:

Hoserman117
11-22-2009, 02:41 PM
I can't watch... I'm going to try to salvage this weekend and do something fun

The Experience
Simms, please just sit down and declare your career over. You hold onto the ball way to long and the fact that your a lefty is really hurting us.

Master Supreme
man this game is hurting my heart :go: we better stop them here or its going to be a long day :sad:

Tremendous45th
expect to see a lot of laughter from Simms after the game, including not taking any blame..

i hope hes not jamarcuss russel....he looks like him though dont he...

just a lil lighter in the skin tone and stomache

fraguela09
Simms has 5 sacks in two games. Wow, just wow.

Entrusting Polumbus to guard the blindside is suicide. No way you can live with Simms-Polumbus. I bet we struggle to complete 5 passes today. You had to switch Clady. Simple as that- or just start the rookie.

BroncsSB#3
It's amazing how different the team looked in the first 6 games compared to how bad the team looked in the last 3 and today's game.

WildWildHorses
I cannot believe we got inside the redzone right away and then Simms Coughed it up, what a scrub

LASERLIPS
4 Advil going down the hatch....

Starbroncs
just stop with the simms please. Run every freaking down this game I dont even care if its 3rd and 15, run the ball. Hopefully simms cant screw up handing the ball off....its possible though.

d-bronx42
I was debating even watching this game considering how big of a joke we have become... I gave it a chance but Chris Simms might just be the biggest joke in the NFL and he makes it impossible for this offense to win a game.

Goodbye!!

bucking bronco
11-22-2009, 02:42 PM
Simms don't believe in throwing the ball away under pressure....unless an opposing DB is open for the INT.

Bronco_Rob
they score here, we lose

Andyy_47
Just rewinded, that was indefinetley a facemask penalty. But smart play by letting go so the refs don't see.

megirb444
I wish we still had Kern...not only do we have a QB who has been out of football for 3 years and wasn't that great before his injury; A defense that has officially lost it's fire and seems to be unmotivated because they know our offense sucks; I hate to be pessimistic but this could be a blow out. :-(

Peerless
This team is garbage.

COBronc78
did they just call that the "wildfrog"? ahhahahahhaha

getlynched47
I need a beer :td:

DenBroFan22
11-22-2009, 02:43 PM
This is sooo sad. Sims is terrible. Hopefully he can prove me wrong.

bucking bronco
This game will be over by the half.

DrunkPanda
Entrusting Polumbus to guard the blindside is suicide. No way you can live with Simms-Polumbus. I bet we struggle to complete 5 passes today. You had to switch Clady. Simple as that- or just start the rookie.

i watched polumbus in college. there are only three plays that he understands how to make. moving before the snap, letting the defender run right past him for a sack, and holding the defender on long gains

Elway
Dawk with a solid hit and tackle.

3rd down here.

Andyy_47
B-DAWK!!!! Thought he fumbled for a second!