PDA

View Full Version : Boxing Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Biggregb
12-03-2009, 05:52 PM
There are already several threads concerning boxing, but not an official boxing thread. So I thought I would start one and with the fight of the century looming I thought that would be a good place to start.

So it looks like its going to happen sometime in March maybe, Pack Man and Money May, who ya got? I say Paquiao by TKO in the 10th. Personally I can not wait for this fight. And I'm especially pumped that its happening so quickly. I thought for sure Mayweather was going to piss and moan over the purse split but things seem to be moving nicely. Thoughts?

thatkidhunt
12-03-2009, 06:23 PM
There are already several threads concerning boxing, but not an official boxing thread. So I thought I would start one and with the fight of the century looming I thought that would be a good place to start.

So it looks like its going to happen sometime in March maybe, Pack Man and Money May, who ya got? I say Paquiao by TKO in the 10th. Personally I can not wait for this fight. And I'm especially pumped that its happening so quickly. I thought for sure Mayweather was going to piss and moan over the purse split but things seem to be moving nicely. Thoughts?

Mayweather wins, after this fight boxing Officially dies......

It should be a good fight though and will produce a ton of $$$ so thats a positive for the sport..........

MMA has taken over, its just more popular, IMO, just my opinion.:D

Biggregb
12-03-2009, 06:40 PM
Mayweather wins, after this fight boxing Officially dies......

It should be a good fight though and will produce a ton of $$$ so thats a positive for the sport..........

MMA has taken over, its just more popular, IMO, just my opinion.:D

No doubt mma is taking over but I think boxing can still thrive and this fight will go along way in helping the sport maintain.

thatkidhunt
12-03-2009, 06:57 PM
No doubt mma is taking over but I think boxing can still thrive and this fight will go along way in helping the sport maintain.

I can see where you are coming from, and you may be completley right but after this fight whats really left? Other then a rematch if its a great fight (like it should be).

Im asking as a serious question, not trying to be condescending in any way at all, interested in your opinion.

Biggregb
12-03-2009, 11:37 PM
I can see where you are coming from, and you may be completley right but after this fight whats really left? Other then a rematch if its a great fight (like it should be).

Im asking as a serious question, not trying to be condescending in any way at all, interested in your opinion.

All good brotha, as far as high profile matchups on the horizon there are a few good fights scheduled and some potential super fights possible. There are
a lot of real good fighters out there. And while there may not be a weight class in boxing that can compare with say the light heavyweights in the UFC as far as being loaded from top to bottom with star power the welterweight seems to be the most stocked so I will highlight a few.

Aside from Paquiao and Mayweather there is still Shane Mosley (46-5 w/39 KOs) who is the current WBA champion and is itching for a shot at both of them. Mosley will have a title unification fight in Jan. 2010 with WBC champ Andre Berto.

Miguel Coto (34-2 w/27 KOs) is still very formidable despite the loss to Paquiao and will fight anyone at any time.

Next is Joshua Clottey(35-3 w/20KOs) who lost a couple of close fights to Coto and Antonio Margarito, Clottey is scheduled to fight Carlos Quintana on Dec.5.

Antonio Margarito (37-6 w/27KOs) who has beaten both Coto and Clottey and lost to Mosley,is a former WBA and IBF welterweight champion.

Andre Berto (25-0 w/19 KOs) Current WBC welterweight champion will defend his title against Mosley in January.

While some of these guys might not be house hold names I assure you they are quality fighters and should give boxing fans something to look forward to. IMO the welterweight division is by far the most exciting the fighters are still fast and have enough power to produce knockouts.

thatkidhunt
12-03-2009, 11:58 PM
All good brotha, as far as high profile matchups on the horizon there are a few good fights scheduled and some potential super fights possible. There are
a lot of real good fighters out there. And while there may not be a weight class in boxing that can compare with say the light heavyweights in the UFC as far as being loaded from top to bottom with star power the welterweight seems to be the most stocked so I will highlight a few.

Aside from Paquiao and Mayweather there is still Shane Mosley (46-5 w/39 KOs) who is the current WBA champion and is itching for a shot at both of them. Mosley will have a title unification fight in Jan. 2010 with WBC champ Andre Berto.

Miguel Coto (34-2 w/27 KOs) is still very formidable despite the loss to Paquiao and will fight anyone at any time.

Next is Joshua Clottey(35-3 w/20KOs) who lost a couple of close fights to Coto and Antonio Margarito, Clottey is scheduled to fight Carlos Quintana on Dec.5.

Antonio Margarito (37-6 w/27KOs) who has beaten both Coto and Clottey and lost to Mosley,is a former WBA and IBF welterweight champion.

Andre Berto (25-0 w/19 KOs) Current WBC welterweight champion will defend his title against Mosley in January.

While some of these guys might not be house hold names I assure you they are quality fighters and should give boxing fans something to look forward to. IMO the welterweight division is by far the most exciting the fighters are still fast and have enough power to produce knockouts.

Cool, thank you for the info as I dont follow boxing as much as I once did, I honeslty have almost lost complete interest, I have always been around MMA so im kind of partial to that but I dont look at it as a contest on which is better, I personally hope that boxing doesnt die cause its an artform in itself, Mosley beat Margarito, Margarito beat Coto, and Coto beat Mosley, correct me if im wrong, seems like pretty good competition.

Cant wait for Paq and Flloyd

Biggregb
12-04-2009, 12:18 AM
Cool, thank you for the info as I dont follow boxing as much as I once did, I honeslty have almost lost complete interest, I have always been around MMA so im kind of partial to that but I dont look at it as a contest on which is better, I personally hope that boxing doesnt die cause its an artform in itself, Mosley beat Margarito, Margarito beat Coto, and Coto beat Mosley, correct me if im wrong, seems like pretty good competition.

Agreed, boxing is an art form as is MMA. I've been a fight fan since I was a kid and I've been following the UFC since the first tournoments were held in Denver back in 93. but that is all I follow,Boxing and UFC, which is why I love these boards, You as well as others have kept me up on some other MMA organizations and non UFC fighters that I might not have known about. And we all love the BRONCOS! can't get any better than that.:salute:

thatkidhunt
12-04-2009, 12:20 AM
Agreed, boxing is an art form as is MMA. I've been a fight fan since I was a kid and I've been following the UFC since the first tournoments were held in Denver back in 93. but that is all I follow,Boxing and UFC, which is why I love these boards, You as well as others have kept me up on some other MMA organizations and non UFC fighters that I might not have known about. And we all love the BRONCOS! can't get any better than that.:salute:

Yes sir, I agree 100%:salute:

licence_to_kill
12-04-2009, 12:47 AM
Grrrr, I hate MMA

Biggregb
12-04-2009, 11:02 AM
Grrrr, I hate MMA

That's ok I hate the chargers. :D just bustin your chops!

How about the super fight PacMan and Money May, who do you like there?

armedequation
12-04-2009, 12:57 PM

boxing is the way its always been.......you just have to know who to watch or what fight to watch. I dont dislike MMA but I find it hard to not only keep up with who's who but I cant keep track of the different rules and regs amongst the different ones (i.e. strikeforce, ufc, k-1).

Now im not saying boxing doesnt have its problems. I do get sick of the politics but if I dont pay attention to that or the belts (all i can say is that they have gotten out of control).

Ive been a pac fan since tsyzu based on his fights alone. Even if pac doesnt win a fight, the fights are always entertaining.....

Everyone says that pac hasnt faced anyone like FMJ but i think its the other way around. There isn't one fighter FMJ has faced that is ANYTHING like pac. Now if your gonna say that FMJ thoroughly beat JMM i'll give you that. However the same argument was used against pac when he fought DLH/Hatton. JMM also had never fought at that wieght before that fight. JMM doesnt have the speed/power that pac has.

I dont like FMJ in the slightest. Your automatically discounted when YOU state that your the greatest boxer of all time. Thats not a title that is self applied in my honest opinion.

licence_to_kill
12-04-2009, 04:48 PM
That's ok I hate the chargers. :D just bustin your chops!

How about the super fight PacMan and Money May, who do you like there?

Mayweather will counter punch him to death.

TRUEBRONCOFAN24
12-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Grrrr, I hate MMA

Not a fan either... :laugh:

THE PAC MAN will destroy Mayweather though! He'll show the world what a real fighter looks like.

armedequation
12-14-2009, 01:44 PM
come on seriously? now floyd's camp is requesting olympic style drug testing? Oh he cant possibly hit that hard...he's small right...lol. Give me a break and concentrate on doing your taxes and fighting pac

GridironChamp
12-23-2009, 01:08 PM
And Pac Man is backing out due to refusal to be tested "so close to the fight".
:laugh:

That is why boxing is a joke, there is one fight left that anyone cares to see
and it won't even happen.

Biggregb
12-23-2009, 04:14 PM

Is that what it is? Because what I heard was Paquiao was upset that Mayweather is trying to make up rules as he goes. Sounds like typical money may.

bahn
12-23-2009, 08:41 PM
Here's Arums side

http://philboxing.com/news/story-31561.html

:go:

GridironChamp
12-23-2009, 09:31 PM
Is that what it is? Because what I heard was Paquiao was upset that Mayweather is trying to make up rules as he goes. Sounds like typical money may.

Money May asked for Olympic style druge testing which means random testing
up til 5 days before the fight. Pac Man claims that doing that would some how
disrupt his training... Even so, Mayweather would be doing it as well, so ummm

yeah.

thatkidhunt
12-23-2009, 09:54 PM
Grrrr, I hate MMA

Again, thats cause you have noodle arms lol.:D

licence_to_kill
12-23-2009, 10:01 PM
Again, thats cause you have noodle arms lol.:D

Bro you're so relentless. Can I borrow your flatbill hat?

thatkidhunt
12-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Bro you're so relentless. Can I borrow your flatbill hat?

Ahhhhhh dude, im just bustin your chops, your a pretty good poster here (for a Bolts fan) :smug:

All jokes aside, what flatbill hat? lol

Biggregb
12-23-2009, 10:16 PM
Here's Arums side

http://philboxing.com/news/story-31561.html

Yeah that about sums it up for me.

armedequation
12-25-2009, 04:28 PM
Money May asked for Olympic style druge testing which means random testing
up til 5 days before the fight. Pac Man claims that doing that would some how
disrupt his training... Even so, Mayweather would be doing it as well, so ummm

yeah.

get your facts straight. Pac agreed to everything except having blood drawn right before a fight. Thats right he AGREED to all testing except having it done right before fighting. This is a bull**** stunt because moneyless jr doesnt have the balls. This has already happened once

Jr tried to get pac to fight him and when they said yes jr didnt respond. There is nothing different about this fight than any other fight.

you may be fan of his boxing but he's an idiot thats scared pure and simple

oh and a messege to DLH~ you got your butt kicked because manny's a better fighter than you EVER were.

armedequation
12-25-2009, 04:31 PM

this statement tells me your NOT a boxing fan, so why even comment? You make off the handle remarks on a sport you dont even care about......why should anyone take your comments on this with more than a grain of salt when you just discounted every other boxer thats out there?

Biggregb
12-29-2009, 11:39 AM
So now the Nevada State Athletic Commission is trying to step in and settle things down between the two camps. They have ordered mandatory urine tests for both fighters effective immediately. Each fighter has 48 hours to comply or face fines and or possible suspensions. I don't know what the commission hopes to accomplish with this but I think its too little too late. IMO its easy to blame Mayweather and his camp for this mess because why do they suddenly need Olympic style blood testing? Have they ever requested that from any other opponent? Has anyone ever requested this? What is Mayweather trying to protect. We know money isn't the issue, this would be the richest fight the world has probably ever seen. I think he or his dad is afraid to lose. Afraid of blemishing his spotless record. He needs to realize there is no such thing as an unbeatable fighter, in any sport. That's the beauty of competition, overcoming adversity and redeeming yourself against your biggest adversaries. Not ducking your biggest challenges. He should do what's right and what's in the best interest of himself ( the biggest payday ever and the chance to cement his place in history) the sport( the biggest fight ever and a chance to save the sport) and the fans( a chance to see the fight of a lifetime). Sadly I fear this fight will never happen at least not while they are both in their primes, and the politics that have plagued boxing over the last 15 years or so continue to do so and rob fight fans of great fights and great memories.

armedequation
12-29-2009, 12:01 PM
So now the Nevada State Athletic Commission is trying to step in and settle things down between the two camps. They have ordered mandatory urine tests for both fighters effective immediately. Each fighter has 48 hours to comply or face fines and or possible suspensions. I don't know what the commission hopes to accomplish with this but I think its too little too late. IMO its easy to blame Mayweather and his camp for this mess because why do they suddenly need Olympic style blood testing? Have they ever requested that from any other opponent? Has anyone ever requested this? What is Mayweather trying to protect. We know money isn't the issue, this would be the richest fight the world has probably ever seen. I think he or his dad is afraid to lose. Afraid of blemishing his spotless record. He needs to realize there is no such thing as an unbeatable fighter, in any sport. That's the beauty of competition, overcoming adversity and redeeming yourself against your biggest adversaries. Not ducking your biggest challenges. He should do what's right and what's in the best interest of himself ( the biggest payday ever and the chance to cement his place in history) the sport( the biggest fight ever and a chance to save the sport) and the fans( a chance to see the fight of a lifetime). Sadly I fear this fight will never happen at least not while they are both in their primes, and the politics that have plagued boxing over the last 15 years or so continue to do so and rob fight fans of great fights and great memories.

nothing about this makes me happy as a boxing fan. There were NO questions before now about pac taking roids. Now everyone has doubts even though he's been tested before. This is the reason manny has come back with a lawsuit.

What pisses me off is that even the blind homer of Jr knows that he's not trustworthy and that he pulls this crap almost every big fight. So my question to anyone is given may's history and manny's history who do you believe? I take manny's side hands down before I would even think about jr's. What person would take roids if they are trying to get in congress?

Not only that but manny agreed to everything except having blood drawn right before the fight. Thats going waaaaaay beyond what he should have to do.

May is a joke, and i'll side with pac any day of the week unless proven otherwise. Keep running scared mr mouth

GridironChamp
12-29-2009, 04:28 PM
this statement tells me your NOT a boxing fan, so why even comment? You make off the handle remarks on a sport you dont even care about......why should anyone take your comments on this with more than a grain of salt when you just discounted every other boxer thats out there?

That statement says I have no intention on watching any boxing match between
any people not named Pacquiao and Mayweather, and I'm only interested in
this fight because Pacquiao is the most overhyped person of all time.

GridironChamp
12-29-2009, 04:33 PM
What I do find hilarious is while some Pacquiao nut huggers have been calling
Mayweather every name they can think of, they have yet to sit down and
consider the fact that it's more than likely just a mind game that clearly has
Pacquiao in a crazy fit.

As the so called boxing expert said on ESPN there is no way either fighter is
walking away from that pay-day, and they both know that.

Thats what makes this exact thing genius. Now people are/will question Pac's
legitmacy even if he is found clean, it's still in our heads now, and if something
like blood drawn before a fight bothers you as much as it clearly does one can
only assume that will mess with you too.

Biggregb
12-29-2009, 05:56 PM
Pacquiao is the most overhyped person of all time.

More overhyped than say Matt Cassel?.......... Just messin.......

How can you say he's overhyped? He's not anymore overhyped than Mayweather. And how can you be so blind as not to see that Mayweather and his dad are scared of Pac. They don't want this fight to happen so they don't have to risk the unbeaten record. Mayweather is not the greatest fighter of all time that he thinks he is, he's just the fastest.

GridironChamp
12-29-2009, 08:03 PM
More overhyped than say Matt Cassel?.......... Just messin.......

How can you say he's overhyped? He's not anymore overhyped than Mayweather. And how can you be so blind as not to see that Mayweather and his dad are scared of Pac. They don't want this fight to happen so they don't have to risk the unbeaten record. Mayweather is not the greatest fighter of all time that he thinks he is, he's just the fastest.

I really don't think he is scared of him, I think he is trying to do the Ali thing and
win the fight before it starts. I think Mayweather is the best boxer around right
now, but I see him get half as much coverage as Pacquiao unless your watching
or listening to Jim Rome. He has the only show that spends more time on
May than Pac.

Biggregb
12-30-2009, 08:06 AM
I really don't think he is scared of him, I think he is trying to do the Ali thing and
win the fight before it starts. I think Mayweather is the best boxer around right
now, but I see him get half as much coverage as Pacquiao unless your watching
or listening to Jim Rome. He has the only show that spends more time on
May than Pac.

I can understand the "Ali" mind game thing, but I don't necessarily agree he's the best right now. And as for the media coverage you have to remember he's been retired for the better part of the last two years. In that time Pacquiao has has firmly taken the reigns as the the best pound for pound in the world. And you can check ring magazine for that.

armedequation
01-04-2010, 12:30 PM
neither of you answered my question and i want to see how you rationalize it:

why would someone running for congress in their country take steroids? Wouldnt that be pretty moronic? Pac has never struck me as that idiotic

bahn
01-10-2010, 07:15 AM
Top Rank says Manny Pacquiao-Joshua Clottey is on for March 13

http://www.badlefthook.com/2010/1/7/1240139/top-rank-says-manny-pacquiao

Biggregb
01-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Top Rank says Manny Pacquiao-Joshua Clottey is on for March 13

http://www.badlefthook.com/2010/1/7/1240139/top-rank-says-manny-pacquiao

I just read this in the paper this morning, looks like Mayweather-Paquiao is out of the picture..... For now. I still think this fight is going to happen eventually. It has to ,there is too much money on the table for these two to just walk away not to mention what it would mean for the sport and the winners ego and legacy. I'm just sad it's not happening anytime soon, I was really looking forward to watching a great fight. :sad:

As for this new fight, Clotty is a good fighter and may possibly give Pac a run. He gave Coto and Margarito a couple of good fights.... On the other hand he probably doesn't stand a chance against Paquiao.

And as far as Mayweather is concerned I think he should go after Mosley right now. I think thats the next best opportunity for him but lets hope he doesn't try to dodge him or drag his feet about it like we all know he likes to do. It should be a great fight and I'd go out on a limb and say Mosley has a good chance to beat him.

Any thoughts on Mosley-Mayweather???

bahn
01-11-2010, 07:54 PM
I just read this in the paper this morning, looks like Mayweather-Paquiao is out of the picture..... For now. I still think this fight is going to happen eventually. It has to ,there is too much money on the table for these two to just walk away not to mention what it would mean for the sport and the winners ego and legacy. I'm just sad it's not happening anytime soon, I was really looking forward to watching a great fight. :sad:

I think Manny is still planning to run for congress. Elections are in May. If he wins then the fight is not likely to happen. He already lost in the last elections. I hope he loses again so he can continue fighting :D

armedequation
01-12-2010, 10:08 AM

As for this new fight, Clotty is a good fighter and may possibly give Pac a run. He gave Coto and Margarito a couple of good fights.... On the other hand he probably doesn't stand a chance against Paquiao.

And as far as Mayweather is concerned I think he should go after Mosley right now. I think thats the next best opportunity for him but lets hope he doesn't try to dodge him or drag his feet about it like we all know he likes to do. It should be a great fight and I'd go out on a limb and say Mosley has a good chance to beat him.

Any thoughts on Mosley-Mayweather???

still dont feel like answering my question huh?

how on earth do you expect may to fight mosely now? Mosely's admitting to taking things in the past correct? So if may ACTUALLY wanted to fight pac but threw the accusations in there when there hasnt been a wiff of ped talk, how's he gonna act against shane?

Biggregb
01-12-2010, 03:32 PM
still dont feel like answering my question huh?

how on earth do you expect may to fight mosely now? Mosely's admitting to taking things in the past correct? So if may ACTUALLY wanted to fight pac but threw the accusations in there when there hasnt been a wiff of ped talk, how's he gonna act against shane?

Sorry bro I didn't realize you were talking to me specifically, nothing personal. Anyway looking at your other posts I thiknk the question you were refering to was who do I believe? Let me first say I am a Paquiao fan, I don't know if you are insinuating that I was a Mayweather fan when you referred to May homers but I can't stand his attitude. Don't get me wrong he's a fabulous boxer and he's definitely one of the top fighters in the world P4P. But all in all I believe Paquiao even though there are a lot of doubters out there who say you can't go up that many weight classes and have the success he has.
As far as Mosley is concerned if you take him at his word he was unaware that anything he took was illegal. It was the cream and the clear by the way. According to him he was assured by his strength and conditioning coach (who I believe is no longer with him) that it was on the up and up. He hasn't tested positive for anything, and I believe he wants a fight with either May or Pac bad enough that he may agree to some of Mays diva like requests.
I hope I answered your question you were refering to if not please ask again.

GridironChamp
01-12-2010, 09:28 PM
I think his question is about why Pac would take roids while trying to be a congressmen
or something along those lines... Again, MAYWEATHER DOESN'T THINK PAC IS
ON STEROIDS, IT'S MIND GAMES. <- period.

armedequation
01-13-2010, 12:57 PM
Sorry bro I didn't realize you were talking to me specifically, nothing personal. Anyway looking at your other posts I thiknk the question you were refering to was who do I believe? Let me first say I am a Paquiao fan, I don't know if you are insinuating that I was a Mayweather fan when you referred to May homers but I can't stand his attitude. Don't get me wrong he's a fabulous boxer and he's definitely one of the top fighters in the world P4P. But all in all I believe Paquiao even though there are a lot of doubters out there who say you can't go up that many weight classes and have the success he has.
As far as Mosley is concerned if you take him at his word he was unaware that anything he took was illegal. It was the cream and the clear by the way. According to him he was assured by his strength and conditioning coach (who I believe is no longer with him) that it was on the up and up. He hasn't tested positive for anything, and I believe he wants a fight with either May or Pac bad enough that he may agree to some of Mays diva like requests.
I hope I answered your question you were refering to if not please ask again.

nah nothing personal...dont know you, and i wasn't referring to you when I said may homers. I like the fact that you started a boxing thread and are willing to talk about this. The question i had is do you think manny is a big enough bonehead to take any PED's before he goes into congress? People keep seeming to forget that him taking these would result in bigger consequences than just boxing.

For those that give may any kind of credit on this issue, you need to realize that he's moved up in weight classes just like pac.

May doesnt want to fight pac plain and simple. It took jr a full day and a half to respond when negotiations when awry and all he could say was "i want to fight his punk @**" The next day he proceeded to say that he has worked with pac's camp to get this fight done......really? Pac agreed to everything except having blood drawn the day of the fight. If the test was done 30 days before the fight and after, you would still have an indicator by looking at the various levels in his blood. It was may's (or his camps) suggestion in the first place. So if Pac agrees in principle but asks for testing to be done a certain amount of time before the fight and may says no....how is that negotiating?

Thanks for makin this thread Big Red. Gridiron is correct on his assumptions. If was only mind games then the fight would be on, imho

ParkHill-71
01-13-2010, 01:15 PM
Grrrr, I hate MMA

Me too. I used to watch in the mid 90's tho. Now its just to popular. Like a good restaurant that goes mass market ...lol...if that makes any sense..:confused:

I love Boxing...but was Born in the early seventies. Before Pay Per View ruined the sport I believe. You know the era of Leonard, Hagler, Pryor vs Arguello....Ali vs Holmes, norton..Hagler vs holmes....Hands of stone....sweet pea....ect...ect.....

I disagree with you about Mayweather. Paquio is the best counter puncher in the game. Also very fast... I think Floydd knows that, and thats why he's playing mind games with him....He knows he would lose I think...lol.

Biggregb
01-13-2010, 04:33 PM
nah nothing personal...dont know you, and i wasn't referring to you when I said may homers. I like the fact that you started a boxing thread and are willing to talk about this. The question i had is do you think manny is a big enough bonehead to take any PED's before he goes into congress? People keep seeming to forget that him taking these would result in bigger consequences than just boxing.

For those that give may any kind of credit on this issue, you need to realize that he's moved up in weight classes just like pac.

May doesnt want to fight pac plain and simple. It took jr a full day and a half to respond when negotiations when awry and all he could say was "i want to fight his punk @**" The next day he proceeded to say that he has worked with pac's camp to get this fight done......really? Pac agreed to everything except having blood drawn the day of the fight. If the test was done 30 days before the fight and after, you would still have an indicator by looking at the various levels in his blood. It was may's (or his camps) suggestion in the first place. So if Pac agrees in principle but asks for testing to be done a certain amount of time before the fight and may says no....how is that negotiating?

Thanks for makin this thread Big Greg. Gridiron is correct on his assumptions. If was only mind games then the fight would be on, imho

No way is Pac dumb enough to do PEDs and still try to run for office, IMO. But you never know. Something I've learned watching sports over the last few years, you just never know what is going on in these guys' heads. They are people after all and are prone to mess up like the rest of us.

And I fixed my name for you.

I love Boxing...but was Born in the early seventies. Before Pay Per View ruined the sport I believe. You know the era of Leonard, Hagler, Pryor vs Arguello....Ali vs Holmes, norton..Hagler vs holmes....Hands of stone....sweet pea....ect...ect.....

I'm about your age too and remember that era very well. That to me was the pinnacle of the sport. There were some great battles and superb fighters.

armedequation
01-14-2010, 12:03 PM
No way is Pac dumb enough to do PEDs and still try to run for office, IMO. But you never know. Something I've learned watching sports over the last few years, you just never know what is going on in these guys' heads. They are people after all and are prone to mess up like the rest of us.

And I fixed my name for you.

lol sorry was at work and wrote it in a hurry. Yeah we are all human, pac just never struck me as the type to do boneheaded things. Not only is he running for congress but he seems to be the only international source of pride for a country thats one of the poorest in the world

armedequation
01-14-2010, 12:05 PM

not necessarily pay per view but the cost of it. It would be easier for me to pay $20-30 on a fight that may only last a round. $50-60 is just outragous no matter who you are.

Biggregb
01-14-2010, 03:17 PM
lol sorry was at work and wrote it in a hurry. Yeah we are all human, pac just never struck me as the type to do boneheaded things. Not only is he running for congress but he seems to be the only international source of pride for a country thats one of the poorest in the world

I agree, he seems like such a stand up every day guy I don't see him doing things like that.

not necessarily pay per view but the cost of it. It would be easier for me to pay $20-30 on a fight that may only last a round. $50-60 is just outragous no matter who you are.

Again I agree 20-30 bucks would be SOOO much better. I know some of the fight fans in this thead don't like MMA but I wish their PPV events were cheaper too. I love to watch fights and have a few buddies over for some brews but I have to pick and chose which event I can afford to watch. At least with boxing its not every month like the UFC.

armedequation
03-02-2010, 02:57 PM
i see the mayweathers are running their mouths without backing it up again. SR obviously hasnt learned to shut up. Seriously a military cocktail now and not a typical PED? If they would have kept they're mouths shut we would have had a fight. As it is they are only pissing off manny and thats not something you want to do

when they finally fight manny will be like a fly on horse$@#$%

Biggregb
03-03-2010, 07:37 AM
i see the mayweathers are running their mouths without backing it up again. SR obviously hasnt learned to shut up. Seriously a military cocktail now and not a typical PED? If they would have kept they're mouths shut we would have had a fight. As it is they are only pissing off manny and thats not something you want to do

when they finally fight manny will be like a fly on horse$@#$%

You know, I hope May doesn't make it past Mosley, if that is the next fight for him. Mayweather really turns me off with his mouth. He's a great fighter but my goodness he likes to talk ****. Now I'm hoping for a Paquiao, Mosley fight later this year or early next year before Sugar Shane qualifies for social security.

armedequation
03-03-2010, 09:56 AM
You know, I hope May doesn't make it past Mosley, if that is the next fight for him. Mayweather really turns me off with his mouth. He's a great fighter but my goodness he likes to talk ****. Now I'm hoping for a Paquiao, Mosley fight later this year or early next year before Sugar Shane qualifies for social security.

i think the pac-clottey fight will be better than people think. Part of me wants mosley to shut mays mouth, but the other part wants pac to do it especially now that pac's pissed. The bitter part of me doesnt want pac to give may the time of day cause every time a may opens their mouth it makes me want to puke. I cant stand people who are extremely full of themselves and want everyone around them to know it

Biggregb
03-05-2010, 08:52 AM
i think the pac-clottey fight will be better than people think. Part of me wants mosley to shut mays mouth, but the other part wants pac to do it especially now that pac's pissed. The bitter part of me doesnt want pac to give may the time of day cause every time a may opens their mouth it makes me want to puke. I cant stand people who are extremely full of themselves and want everyone around them to know it

Sometimes a humbling experience is all someone needs to see the light. I don't think anyone has ever given Mayweather that and that is why he runs his mouth the way he does. Unfortunately that's a tall order when someone is as skilled as he is defensively. He doesn't respect anyone and the only way to get that respect as B Dawk would say is to "take it", someone needs to beat him down decisively and put an end to his motor mouth. That's one of the things I like about Pac, he has humility about him and it makes him easy to root for.

As for Pac- Clotty that should be a pretty decent fight I'm probably going to have to check the schedule because I have a feeling. I'll have to choose between that and a UFC event.

armedequation
03-11-2010, 08:18 AM
Sometimes a humbling experience is all someone needs to see the light. I don't think anyone has ever given Mayweather that and that is why he runs his mouth the way he does. Unfortunately that's a tall order when someone is as skilled as he is defensively. He doesn't respect anyone and the only way to get that respect as B Dawk would say is to "take it", someone needs to beat him down decisively and put an end to his motor mouth. That's one of the things I like about Pac, he has humility about him and it makes him easy to root for.

As for Pac- Clotty that should be a pretty decent fight I'm probably going to have to check the schedule because I have a feeling. I'll have to choose between that and a UFC event.

i definitely like pac to take clottey based on clottey's defense. It is good normally but pac doesnt come at you from traditional angles which will make a big difference. Im stoked but again it shouldnt be a $50 ppv

BroncoManiac_69
03-12-2010, 10:15 AM
i definitely like pac to take clottey based on clottey's defense. It is good normally but pac doesnt come at you from traditional angles which will make a big difference. Im stoked but again it shouldnt be a $50 ppv

Gonna have a house full for this fight tomorrow. I'm married to a Filipino and her family is crazy nuts over PacMan!! :td:

Holding this fight in Dallas Stadium should be an awesome sight. Wonder how many people will be there? Over 100,000?

DirecTV PPV in HD is $60 but we're going for it.

LeT's GeT rEaDy tO rUmBLe :rockon:

armedequation
03-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Gonna have a house full for this fight tomorrow. I'm married to a Filipino and her family is crazy nuts over PacMan!! :td:

Holding this fight in Dallas Stadium should be an awesome sight. Wonder how many people will be there? Over 100,000?

DirecTV PPV in HD is $60 but we're going for it.

LeT's GeT rEaDy tO rUmBLe :rockon:

yeah my stepmom is filipino as well although she rooted for DLH when pac fought him because he was more handsome:D

everyday people dont realize what manny means to that country:salute:

BroncoManiac_69
03-12-2010, 12:13 PM
yeah my stepmom is filipino as well although she rooted for DLH when pac fought him because he was more handsome:D

everyday people dont realize what manny means to that country:salute:

I was sitting at my brother-in-law's house in Vegas with 50 filipinos during the DLH fight and I told them all before it started I was rooting for Oscar :laugh:

Thought I was going to be dis-owned and thrown in the pool. :laugh:

armedequation
03-12-2010, 12:23 PM
I was sitting at my brother-in-law's house in Vegas with 50 filipinos during the DLH fight and I told them all before it started I was rooting for Oscar :laugh:

Thought I was going to be dis-owned and thrown in the pool. :laugh:

lol doesnt suprise me

were you rooting for dlh or just said that to mess with them?

BroncoManiac_69
03-12-2010, 12:50 PM
lol doesnt suprise me

were you rooting for dlh or just said that to mess with them?

Honestly, a little bit of both. :huh:

I've always liked DLH but decided to stay dry. :laugh:

bahn
03-13-2010, 06:52 PM
Few minutes left before the fight.

GO MANNY!!! :fight: :fight:

armedequation
03-15-2010, 07:12 AM
you just cant do anything when he's throwing that many punches. Told my better half before the fight that clottey will have the most trouble with manny's speed. The thing is that guys dont have the power that pac has behind the speed.

I almost want to see mosely vs pac as I think that would be a better offensive fight but we will see what happens.

good job on another fight manny!:salute:

thoughts on the fight?

while i loved how the announcers were finally giving manny the credit he deserves, I also had to laugh when one guy said that most of the fighters were past their prime. Sorry but erik morales and MAB were IN their prime when pac fought them. Just because hatton lost to floyd before fighting manny doesnt mean he wass washed up, hell floyd didnt come close to jacking him up the way manny did. There was the DLH fight but how can you blame manny when oscar was the one who was depleted trying to make wieght, even if he wasnt the fight would have been the same....anyways rant over

BroncoManiac_69
03-15-2010, 07:40 AM
Not much of a fight really. 1,230 punches thrown vs 399? Clottey just sat there with his gloves in front of his face the whole time. When he did engage, he landed some good ones so his lack of aggressiveness was quite odd really. With his height advantage, I expected more from him.

Personally, I thought it was a tad disappointing that it wasn't more competitive.

PacMan clearly dominated this fight. You gotta love the guy, his smile and his humbleness.

armedequation
03-15-2010, 08:55 AM
Not much of a fight really. 1,230 punches thrown vs 399? Clottey just sat there with his gloves in front of his face the whole time. When he did engage, he landed some good ones so his lack of aggressiveness was quite odd really. With his height advantage, I expected more from him.

Personally, I thought it was a tad disappointing that it wasn't more competitive.

PacMan clearly dominated this fight. You gotta love the guy, his smile and his humbleness.

well clottey said that he had trouble with only pacs speed which i dont buy. If it werent for the combo of speed and power, i think he would have thrown more. I do have to laugh because pac took some good ones but never seemed to phase him in the slightest. Towards the end when clottey tried to open up he had about 12 of mannys punches to deal with while trying to throw anymore than one punch. It looked to me like clottey was very frustrated by having to stay confined behind his forearms

BroncoManiac_69
03-15-2010, 09:12 AM
well clottey said that he had trouble with only pacs speed which i dont buy. If it werent for the combo of speed and power, i think he would have thrown more. I do have to laugh because pac took some good ones but never seemed to phase him in the slightest. Towards the end when clottey tried to open up he had about 12 of mannys punches to deal with while trying to throw anymore than one punch. It looked to me like clottey was very frustrated by having to stay confined behind his forearms

Once it reached the 10th, 11th and 12th rounds, we started yelling for Manny to PUT HIM DOWN! MAKE HIM HIT THE MAT! That would have been cool just to add some excitement.

So now Mayweather or Mosley? :confused:

armedequation
03-15-2010, 09:33 AM
Once it reached the 10th, 11th and 12th rounds, we started yelling for Manny to PUT HIM DOWN! MAKE HIM HIT THE MAT! That would have been cool just to add some excitement.

So now Mayweather or Mosley? :confused:

quite honestly i'd like to see mosely becuase i dont think mayweather deserves it. However if mayweather makes it past mosely then you wont see the normal cordial pacman in that fight. Roach even made comments on how much pac doesnt like may which is extremely odd. Everyone that pac fights cant help but like the guy

BroncoManiac_69
03-15-2010, 09:43 AM
Everyone that pac fights cant help but like the guy

During the pre-fight weigh in and infamous "stare down" for the cameras, Pac had me rolling when he couldn't keep doing it, started laughing and gave that big smile of his. Clottey joined in with the smiles and that was pretty funny I thought.

Manny is a very likable guy and as mentioned during the broadcast, the most famous and recognizable sport figure around the world right now.

Boxert22
03-15-2010, 10:44 AM
Well boxing has been pretty exciting since the rise of the MMA world, promoters and match makers have been making good matches but every once in a while they get it wrong and they got this one wrong. I felt very bad for the 50,000 plus in attendance, they didn't get to see a very exciting fight. The most exciting time of the fight was on HBO when I think it was Jim Lampley going crazy with the " Bang, Bang, Bang, BaBang". That was halarious. Thanks Jim

armedequation
03-15-2010, 11:12 AM
Well boxing has been pretty exciting since the rise of the MMA world, promoters and match makers have been making good matches but every once in a while they get it wrong and they got this one wrong. I felt very bad for the 50,000 plus in attendance, they didn't get to see a very exciting fight. The most exciting time of the fight was on HBO when I think it was Jim Lampley going crazy with the " Bang, Bang, Bang, BaBang". That was halarious. Thanks Jim

i would be disappointed but i just dont think that clottey was actually prepared for manny's speed. In almost every fight of pac's when they interview the other guy, they almost always say his speed was the problem. So my question is this: is his speed actually that decieving or is it just that he's sooo much faster in the ring?

BroncoManiac_69
03-15-2010, 11:29 AM
The most exciting time of the fight was on HBO when I think it was Jim Lampley going crazy with the " Bang, Bang, Bang, BaBang". That was halarious. Thanks Jim

We cracked up with that too. It was like watching an old Batman and Robin cartoon with the *Kapow*, *zoink* and *Wham* thought bubbles. :laugh:

Boxert22
03-15-2010, 11:36 AM

We cracked up with that too. It was like watching an old Batman and Robin cartoon with the *Kapow*, *zoink* and *Wham* thought bubbles. :laugh:

It was like Jim was pissed off at Clottely for not fighting back! Maybe he thought that Clottely would hear him and start fighting.
"Bang, Bang, Bang, Babang."

Oh thank you, I'm in the service!

Biggregb
03-15-2010, 02:05 PM
Didn't get to watch the fight on Saturday :sad: we had prior obligations and couldn't watch. Anyway thanks to BM69 and Armedequation for the recap. :salute!:
So Pac dominated once again? No surprise there the guy is simply the best in the world right now. May knows it and wants nothing to do with him. Too fast too strong and probably the most down to earth athlete on the planet. Eventually though its just too much money for Mayweather to pass up. He's gotta fight Pac!

bahn
03-15-2010, 04:25 PM
You didnt really miss much Biggregb.
That fight looked more like a sparring session.
1,230 punches in 12 rounds. WOW

Biggregb
03-15-2010, 04:35 PM
You didnt really miss much Biggregb.
That fight looked more like a sparring session.
1,230 punches in 12 rounds. WOW

Over 1,200 in 12 rounds? That's insane!

BroncoManiac_69
03-15-2010, 10:44 PM
Manny threw 1,230 punches while "guard my face Clottey" threw 399.

Um.... do that math.

Pathetic really. Not a match at all.

Broncoholic JS
03-16-2010, 12:51 AM
Does anyone else want to see Pacquiao passed out on the canvas with Mayweather, Jr. hovering above him in victory? Or am I the only one?

BroncoManiac_69
03-16-2010, 01:18 AM
Does anyone else want to see Pacquiao passed out on the canvas with Mayweather, Jr. hovering above him in victory? Or am I the only one?

I think you might be the only one, but if Pac faces either of Mayweather or Mosely, Manny isn't afraid of either of them.

It's their camps that are.

Once the Mayweather and Mosely fight if over on May 1st, we all know one huge matchup is going to be on the table.

armedequation
03-16-2010, 07:27 AM

why would anyone cheer for a guy that is all mouth outside of the ring? This is what I cant understand. He does NOTHING outside of boxing that would lead anyone to believe that he is the slightest bit respectable. I see the guy go to talk and it makes me want to throw up. Makes false accusations with nothing to back it up except his word (which is worth nothing).

Yet manny is the one thing that brings the filipino nation to the world in any regards unless something bad happens like mudslides in his country. He runs for congress to try to improve his country. Does nothing/says nothing that would make anyone dislike him and is so humble in everything that he does

so if you knew nothing about the guys except what i just said who would you cheer for? Maybe im missing something but all i have to do is hear mayweather and his me me me mentality and I feel like im not missing anything.

armedequation
03-16-2010, 09:57 AM
this is case in point:

"i think pac gave the fans a boring fight and he was one dimensional"

~floyd

he goes on to say that if you watch him that it is non stop action.....should i go on? okay i will:D

he refers to himself in the 3rd person
he calls pac an amatuer compared to him
states that he could draw more people to that stadium (BS if he was fightin clottey)
the only reason pac is popular is because of his ethnicity
----------------------------------

um your a counter puncher so to say that your non stop action is stupid. All ive seen you do is run around the ring until it suites you to throw a punch.....far cry from non stop

dont refer to yourself in third person, do you seem to think that the reporter or yourself forgot who you are?

yes many amatuers have won titles in 7 different divisions especially when continually moving up from flywieght

no pac is popular because of the person he is not because he's filipino

armedequation
03-16-2010, 10:08 AM
haha now margarito says he'll fight pac anywhere.......

what he needs to ask himself is who would want to fight margarito? Sorry but you havent done anything except cheat, how does that translate to you deserving to fight anyone?

Biggregb
03-16-2010, 05:25 PM
this is case in point:

"i think pac gave the fans a boring fight and he was one dimensional"

~floyd

he goes on to say that if you watch him that it is non stop action.....should i go on? okay i will:D

he refers to himself in the 3rd person
he calls pac an amatuer compared to him
states that he could draw more people to that stadium (BS if he was fightin clottey)
the only reason pac is popular is because of his ethnicity
----------------------------------

um your a counter puncher so to say that your non stop action is stupid. All ive seen you do is run around the ring until it suites you to throw a punch.....far cry from non stop

dont refer to yourself in third person, do you seem to think that the reporter or yourself forgot who you are?

yes many amatuers have won titles in 7 different divisions especially when continually moving up from flywieght

no pac is popular because of the person he is not because he's filipino

For him to say that Manny is a boring fighter and only popular because of his ethnicity is ridiculous. And the only way mayweather packs Jerry Jones' house more than Pac is if money swallows his big boy pill and mans up and fights Pac. The guy is something else I will say that.

Van Flyheight
03-21-2010, 06:50 PM
For him to say that Manny is a boring fighter and only popular because of his ethnicity is ridiculous. And the only way mayweather packs Jerry Jones' house more than Pac is if money swallows his big boy pill and mans up and fights Pac. The guy is something else I will say that.

Manny's ethnicity is a huge reason why he's so popular. Theres no denying that. (also not implying that theres anything wrong with it)

Biggregb
03-27-2010, 10:02 PM
So next week is Jones/Hopkins II. I wish we could use the hot tub time machine and go back 15 years, cuz that would have been sweet. Is anyone going to fork over the cash and watch these two over the hill fighters try to relive the glory days? I considered it but I just don't think it's worth the 40 bucks or whatever. Either way I say it's B-Hop by KO. Any thoughts?

armedequation
03-31-2010, 02:34 PM
Manny's ethnicity is a huge reason why he's so popular. Theres no denying that. (also not implying that theres anything wrong with it)

well its a part but now most people watch him because every fight he's in is usually exciting. In boxing, i'd rather see exciting fighters than think about ethinicity.

as far as jones-hopkins, i think it all depends on how jones is mentally. If they were both in their prime i'd have to go with jones. I think by this time though that i have give the edge to hopkins because of the way he's kept himself in shape mentally and physically.

anyone catch the dirrell abraham fight? Is it just me or does dirrell look like he's constantly afriad of getting hit? The fight before this it seemed like he was constantly flopping and falling. I dont hold anything against abraham for throwing the punch because he was desperate

Biggregb
04-26-2010, 09:45 AM
All right so the Jones/Hopkins fight was a joke, (glad I didn't waste my hard earned money on that) but this Saturday is Money May and Sugar Shane. This one should be a good one as long as Mayweather doesn't run the entire time. What do you guys think? Can Mosley catch May? Will Mayweather make Shane look slow? Personally I think its going the distance but I'm hoping Sugar Shane knocks this fool out!

Thoughts?

ParkHill-71
04-26-2010, 04:56 PM
All right so the Jones/Hopkins fight was a joke, (glad I didn't waste my hard earned money on that) but this Saturday is Money May and Sugar Shane. This one should be a good one as long as Mayweather doesn't run the entire time. What do you guys think? Can Mosley catch May? Will Mayweather make Shane look slow? Personally I think its going the distance but I'm hoping Sugar Shane knocks this fool out!

Thoughts?

Shane will make Maywether fight. Which, he will do, and then after he takes some punishment, he will get on his bike and try to run around the ring pot shotin Shane. Only, Shane hasnt lost that much of a step. Shane is a brawler when he has to be, and shane has been wanting this fight for a long time. Shane takes him out in the 9th round, late!

Maybe thats how it would happen if my wishes came true! :D Can't stand Mayweather. If Shane dont get him, Manny will.....

I got my popcorn ready....lol.

Broncoholic JS
04-28-2010, 10:27 PM
Mayweather will make Mosley sleep on the canvas this weekend! Happy MAYweather!!

BluenOrnge4Life
04-28-2010, 10:41 PM
Mayweather will make Mosley sleep on the canvas this weekend! Happy MAYweather!!Ya I got Mayweather winning too by a knock out. I don't think Mosley can hang 12 rounds.

Spice 1
04-29-2010, 08:45 PM
anyone catch the dirrell abraham fight? Is it just me or does dirrell look like he's constantly afriad of getting hit? The fight before this it seemed like he was constantly flopping and falling. I dont hold anything against abraham for throwing the punch because he was desperate

Yes I did. Abraham has got to learn to let 'em go. He let Dirrell work him the entire fight. It did look like Abraham was starting to wear Dirrell down when Dirrell slipped. It's unfortunate, because the only reason he slipped was because Abraham cut the ring, and Dirrell was trying to run away. Did you watch Froch/Kessler? Loved every minute of it. I can't stand Froch, because he's so slow and awkward. Plus, Kessler is a fighter who's easy to get behind. Froch won't last long on top. He fights like no one ever taught him how.

Mayweather/Mosley. I would love to see Mosley win, because Mayweather is an idiot. Unfortunately, I see Floyd landing a LOT of hooks in this fight. If Floyd doubles the hook, it could mean trouble. Shane needs to fight on the outside, and not be afraid to be a counterpuncher.

TheQBGuru
05-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Olympic style testing seems to be working fine for this fight. What gives Pacman?

Nightwing
05-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Ustream is providing a free stream of the undercard for Mosely/Mayweather (Completely legal and supported by GBP, just so I don't get in trouble)

http://www.ustream.tv/goldenboy

Biggregb
05-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Let's go Sugar Shane!

Southstander
05-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Let's go Sugar Shane!

While I don't know much about Boxing I agree. From what I have seen of Mayweather he is a gearbox.

Nightwing
05-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Mayweather has been putting on an absolute clinic since the second round. I'm impressed.

Southstander
05-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Mayweather has been putting on an absolute clinic since the second round. I'm impressed.

Do you think he will ever fight Paquio (SP)?

Nightwing
05-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Do you think he will ever fight Paquio (SP)?

Honestly, no. Everyone wants to see the fight but Mayweather won't seem to relent on the Olympic style blood testing for drugs, which isn't required by the athletic commission.

It'd be a great fight. Mayweather's defense and economy of movement is just beautiful. I don't know if Manny will be able to land many flush shots. May's defense is something you have to see to appreciate.

Southstander
05-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Honestly, no. Everyone wants to see the fight but Mayweather won't seem to relent on the Olympic style blood testing for drugs, which isn't required by the athletic commission.

It'd be a great fight. Mayweather's defense and economy of movement is just beautiful. I don't know if Manny will be able to land many flush shots. May's defense is something you have to see to appreciate.

It is sad that both sides will not work with the other to make it happen.

Nightwing
05-01-2010, 09:20 PM
It is sad that both sides will not work with the other to make it happen.

It's frustrating. I put the blame more on Mayweather than anything, but we'll see if this performance tonight gives him more leverage, because he looked amazing in the ring.

It's the biggest fight in boxing and there's no reason why it shouldn't happen.

Southstander
05-01-2010, 09:24 PM
It's frustrating. I put the blame more on Mayweather than anything, but we'll see if this performance tonight gives him more leverage, because he looked amazing in the ring.

It's the biggest fight in boxing and there's no reason why it shouldn't happen.

I thought it was a reasonable request. If Manny is clean why does it matter when he is tested?

Nightwing
05-01-2010, 09:28 PM
I thought it was a reasonable request. If Manny is clean why does it matter when he is tested?

I think it's a big deal to Manny because Mayweather is basically accusing him of using PEDs without any kind of reasonable suspicion. And that casts a bad light on Manny, who is running for office in the Philippines.

I wish Manny would give in and say the Olympic style blood testing is fine but he's standing his ground more on principle than anything else.

Southstander
05-01-2010, 09:30 PM
I think it's a big deal to Manny because Mayweather is basically accusing him of using PEDs without any kind of reasonable suspicion. And that casts a bad light on Manny, who is running for office in the Philippines.

I wish Manny would give in and say the Olympic style blood testing is fine but he's standing his ground more on principle than anything else.

But by him not agreeing to the testing it makes him look like he is hiding something.

Nightwing
05-01-2010, 09:33 PM
But by him not agreeing to the testing it makes him look like he is hiding something.

Agreed, it's a slippery slope, but taken in the character of both of them (at least what they portray to the media), I tend to believe Manny. Hopefully they'll come to terms and any questions will be answered.

Southstander
05-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Agreed, it's a slippery slope, but taken in the character of both of them (at least what they portray to the media), I tend to believe Manny. Hopefully they'll come to terms and any questions will be answered.

Yeah, "Money" is a gearbox.

Southstander
05-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Mayweather gets the win by unamimous decision.

Biggregb
05-01-2010, 10:29 PM
While I don't know much about Boxing I agree. From what I have seen of Mayweather he is a gearbox.
True. The guy just rubs me the wrong way, but he's GOOD!

Very true, as you said before from the 2nd round on it was a clinic. As much as I despise Mayweather, I admire his skills. The guy is talented! But I think if anyone can land on him its Pac. But I agree May's defense is impeccable.

thatkidhunt
05-01-2010, 10:37 PM
A few of my buddies are in Vegas right now, couple were even at the fight. I watched it here at home in AZ, I was excited at first, gave the first two rounds to Sugar, especially with those two big rights in the 2nd.

All $ after that.

Boxing has to find a way to have Manny and Floyd get it on.

This sport is dying, flame me all you want. Over to the UFC thread :D

TheQBGuru
05-01-2010, 11:48 PM
what boxing really needs a resurgence from the heavyweight division, because as great as these lighter weight fighters are the American public will never take them completely seriously.

Biggregb
05-01-2010, 11:53 PM
A few of my buddies are in Vegas right now, couple were even at the fight. I watched it here at home in AZ, I was excited at first, gave the first two rounds to Sugar, especially with those two big rights in the 2nd.

All $ after that.

Boxing has to find a way to have Manny and Floyd get it on.

This sport is dying, flame me all you want. Over to the UFC thread :D

No flame necessary bro. It may not be as big as it once was but I don't think its dying. I'd be willing to bet that this fight out drew any ufc event this year. Don't get me wrong I love mma. I'm sure you've seen me in the mma thread, but I'm a fight fan first and foremost. And boxing has things that mma will never have. And I love that about it. But I'm very old school so.....

thatkidhunt
05-02-2010, 12:07 AM
I'd be willing to bet that this fight out drew any ufc event this year.

You may be right. Its one fight though and it was a total borefest. Which most of Mayweathers (whats keeping boxing alive) fights are. He just defends, counters and beats his opponent to death over an extended period of time. I literally almost fell asleep during tonights fight.

And I know your a fan of both.

Boxing just lets me down.

TheQBGuru
05-02-2010, 12:24 AM
No flame necessary bro. It may not be as big as it once was but I don't think its dying. I'd be willing to bet that this fight out drew any ufc event this year. Don't get me wrong I love mma. I'm sure you've seen me in the mma thread, but I'm a fight fan first and foremost. And boxing has things that mma will never have. And I love that about it. But I'm very old school so.....

MMA is too chaotic for me. I need boxings structure

Also I disagree about this fight being boring. Watching Mayweather's technical proficiency is pure pleasure.

bahn
05-02-2010, 01:25 AM
Lets all hope that Manny loses in the upcoming elections.

BluenOrnge4Life
05-02-2010, 06:50 AM
IMO mayweather did have reasonable suspicion to believe manny was using peds, the guy kept moving up in weight classes while maintaining his speed and power, something that is extremely hard to do. Not saying he was or is using peds, but I would want to make sure we are on a fair playing field if I was floyd too - its good for the integrity of the sport of boxing.

TheQBGuru
05-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Him being from the Phillipines doesn't help his cause either.

I don't think this fight will ever happen.

Nightwing
05-02-2010, 11:32 AM
what boxing really needs a resurgence from the heavyweight division, because as great as these lighter weight fighters are the American public will never take them completely seriously.

I think true American heavyweight contenders could help as well.

Then again, whenever I talk to anyone, I seem to be the only person that really enjoys the Klitschko brothers, especially Wladimir. So I'm pretty happy with the current heavyweight scene.

bahn
05-02-2010, 03:14 PM

I don't think this fight will ever happen.

Whats this suppose to mean?

TheQBGuru
05-02-2010, 04:19 PM
Whats this suppose to mean?

Its much easier for someone outside of the United States to get away with using steroids.

bahn
05-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Its much easier for someone outside of the United States to get away with using steroids.

If he only fights outside of the US perhaps. But a lot of his fights were in the US which means he was subject to whoever in the US runs the drug testing for boxers.

Manny's only objection with the drug testing is that it not be done within 24 hours of the fight. If you think he may juice up within the 24 hours before the fight then they can be drug tested again after the fight.

Spice 1
05-03-2010, 10:57 AM
I think true American heavyweight contenders could help as well.

Then again, whenever I talk to anyone, I seem to be the only person that really enjoys the Klitschko brothers, especially Wladimir. So I'm pretty happy with the current heavyweight scene.

No sense in throwing combinations when you don't have to. People will keep on hating, and they'll keep on winning. I wish Lewis would have given him a rematch. You like Povetkin?

armedequation
05-06-2010, 04:46 PM
IMO mayweather did have reasonable suspicion to believe manny was using peds, the guy kept moving up in weight classes while maintaining his speed and power, something that is extremely hard to do. Not saying he was or is using peds, but I would want to make sure we are on a fair playing field if I was floyd too - its good for the integrity of the sport of boxing.

no he didnt. Just because a guy does that doesnt mean he's taking roids. He had no evidence and had to throw something out there to discredit pac. If you have any thoughts that may did this to clean up the sport of boxing then you dont know how jr is and how absurd.

i really wish that mosely had a tune up fight or something. Doesnt matter because manny doesnt fade as fights go on....he usually gets stronger

Biggregb
07-17-2010, 03:14 AM
Once again negotiations between Manny and Money May have broken down it would seem. Bob Arum had imposed a 12 am deadline on July 16 for Mayweather to commit to a fight with Pac and wouldn't you know, no response. No statement, no phone call, nothing. Supposedly Roger Mayweather has some pending legal problems that he may have to contend with and it could be that Floyd jr will not fight without him. At least that's what I've heard. Now what was looking like a sure thing is now in trouble of not happening.....again. Talks were going well between the two sides and Pac was giving in to some of Floyds demands, and now with no response from May, Arum has announced that he will begin to look for other fights for Pac while still trying to negotiate with Mayweathers camp. I've heard the super fight may not take place untill May 2011. This is ridiculous already.

On a better note Zab "Super" Judah made his return to the ring last night in dominating fashion with a tko in the 3rd round over Jose Armando Santa Cruz at 140lbs. Zab looked good! Quick as ever and knocked Santa Cruz down with a wicked left hook right before finishing him off with a flurry. Judah seems to have a new focus which is great for him and bad for anyone in his way.

Also got to watch Sadam Ali do some nice work. This kid has some serious skills. Keep an eye on him.

Spice 1
07-17-2010, 07:15 AM
Once again negotiations between Manny and Money May have broken down it would seem. Bob Arum had imposed a 12 am deadline on July 16 for Mayweather to commit to a fight with Pac and wouldn't you know, no response. No statement, no phone call, nothing. Supposedly Roger Mayweather has some pending legal problems that he may have to contend with and it could be that Floyd jr will not fight without him. At least that's what I've heard. Now what was looking like a sure thing is now in trouble of not happening.....again. Talks were going well between the two sides and Pac was giving in to some of Floyds demands, and now with no response from May, Arum has announced that he will begin to look for other fights for Pac while still trying to negotiate with Mayweathers camp. I've heard the super fight may not take place untill May 2011. This is ridiculous already.

On a better note Zab "Super" Judah made his return to the ring last night in dominating fashion with a tko in the 3rd round over Jose Armando Santa Cruz at 140lbs. Zab looked good! Quick as ever and knocked Santa Cruz down with a wicked left hook right before finishing him off with a flurry. Judah seems to have a new focus which is great for him and bad for anyone in his way.

Also got to watch Sadam Ali do some nice work. This kid has some serious skills. Keep an eye on him.

I imagine if Manny gave into all of Floyd's demands, Floyd still wouldn't fight him. I don't think Mayweather is concerned with moving forward, he's just trying to hang on to what legacy he has. If he's not going to fight Pacman, he should have stayed retired.

I'm really shocked at what Judah is doing. Last time I saw him fight, he looked very tired. Not sure what he has left in the tank though.

Broncoboy6
07-17-2010, 10:01 AM

I am not suprised that you would make a statement like this, Very Racist.

Broncoboy6
07-17-2010, 10:07 AM

Yeah, Just like how Oscar DeLa Hoya kept on moving on in different weight classes and dominating them too. Floyd Mayweather is just making up excuses. Traditional this, Traditional that. JUST BRING IT!!!. Manny Pacquiao rightfully deserves this fight.

armedequation
07-19-2010, 10:24 AM
I imagine if Manny gave into all of Floyd's demands, Floyd still wouldn't fight him. I don't think Mayweather is concerned with moving forward, he's just trying to hang on to what legacy he has. If he's not going to fight Pacman, he should have stayed retired.

I'm really shocked at what Judah is doing. Last time I saw him fight, he looked very tired. Not sure what he has left in the tank though.

judah looked good and I personally think pac should fight bradley. Cotto at cotto's best wieght would be interesting but I dont think ANY thought should be given to margarito what so ever. Arum talked about not wanting anyone to go on a financial ride by fighting pac but how is anyone not going to be in that situation?

may did this back in 02 or 04 where he challenged pac to a fight and when the pac camp said okay, they never heard back

Spice 1
07-19-2010, 12:57 PM
judah looked good and I personally think pac should fight bradley. Cotto at cotto's best wieght would be interesting but I dont think ANY thought should be given to margarito what so ever. Arum talked about not wanting anyone to go on a financial ride by fighting pac but how is anyone not going to be in that situation?

may did this back in 02 or 04 where he challenged pac to a fight and when the pac camp said okay, they never heard back

I have to agree. The only person Margarito should be reinstated to fight is Cotto. The big money is probably in Cotto/Paquiao though. Paquiao could break the record for most belts in different weight classes, and Cotto garners a lot of money because of his style.

armedequation
07-21-2010, 02:02 PM
I have to agree. The only person Margarito should be reinstated to fight is Cotto. The big money is probably in Cotto/Paquiao though. Paquiao could break the record for most belts in different weight classes, and Cotto garners a lot of money because of his style.

the only reason i would like that is because cotto can fight manny at his own personal best wieght and I think he has better control of the ring which would make a much better fight than last. Pac made him look much smaller than he was by commanding the ring with his movement.

personally i dont think margarito should fight period. Who knows how many fighters he faced with his hands like that. At this point you cant give him any career credability at all. I dont like arum or his business ettiqute but i would hope he would be smarter than that and not lazy

i think arum is wrong about bradley because the super six did wonders for his publicity as a fighter and his reputation for how he fights. Bradleys and pacs styles would make for a real good show if bradley's chin can hold up. I know pacs can because cotto is one of the hardest punchers in the sport according to other boxers who have faced him.

i knew floyd would do this and it only makes me dislike him more from a boxing stand point. The only reason this didnt go down is because it was on pacs terms. Look your not the head honcho in the sport anymore, you lost that when you retired. Suck it up and think to yourself how much you could make which is what your really all about : $
and at this point in boxing that is nothing but bad news. We need more people with pac's point of view of giving us what we want as fans.

and to the media grow up. All you do is say how much you want this fight but then try to say that theres nothing for the sport of boxing once its over. Theres plenty of up and coming talent that will be exciting to watch. It didnt die when Ali and the rest of the big names retired and it wont once pac vs floyd 1 comes to an end

Biggregb
07-21-2010, 07:14 PM
www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=24482&more=1

An interview with Floyd Sr. As the saying goes: the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Now I see where Money May gets his Motor Mouth. Absolutely hilarious.

Spice 1
07-23-2010, 01:53 PM
the only reason i would like that is because cotto can fight manny at his own personal best wieght and I think he has better control of the ring which would make a much better fight than last. Pac made him look much smaller than he was by commanding the ring with his movement.

personally i dont think margarito should fight period. Who knows how many fighters he faced with his hands like that. At this point you cant give him any career credability at all. I dont like arum or his business ettiqute but i would hope he would be smarter than that and not lazy

i think arum is wrong about bradley because the super six did wonders for his publicity as a fighter and his reputation for how he fights. Bradleys and pacs styles would make for a real good show if bradley's chin can hold up. I know pacs can because cotto is one of the hardest punchers in the sport according to other boxers who have faced him.

i knew floyd would do this and it only makes me dislike him more from a boxing stand point. The only reason this didnt go down is because it was on pacs terms. Look your not the head honcho in the sport anymore, you lost that when you retired. Suck it up and think to yourself how much you could make which is what your really all about : $
and at this point in boxing that is nothing but bad news. We need more people with pac's point of view of giving us what we want as fans.

and to the media grow up. All you do is say how much you want this fight but then try to say that theres nothing for the sport of boxing once its over. Theres plenty of up and coming talent that will be exciting to watch. It didnt die when Ali and the rest of the big names retired and it wont once pac vs floyd 1 comes to an end

CP en route. Some of the guys in the media disgust me. There are plenty of prospects out there, but these guys want to be doomsayers. I think people were spoiled by all of the great talent in the heavier weight divisions of the sixties and seventies. In the eighties we had Sugar Ray, Hagler, and Herns take over just before Tyson exploded. I personally think that the Holmes/Spinks battles were very fun to watch too. Grant it, all of these new weight classes have damaged the sport to a great extent, but when the money dries up, the promoters will get guys in the ring. I think a lot of these promoters also underestimated MMA. It's fast, violent, and very accessible to the average fan. There are nuances in any sport, but the spectacle provided by MMA trumps its intricacies. I don't think it changes everything if Pac and Floyd don't get in the ring, but it would be a great shot in arm for the sport.

armedequation
08-01-2010, 03:50 PM
sigh....

thank you jack@^^..... whoops i mean mr arum. I had a feeling he was going to be lazy on this one. I dont get how he think margarito deserves it over bradley. At least bradley has had a legit career. I dont think he has a chance against pac.

i would ALMOST prefer to hear crap spew out of may than come close to being happy with this fight. quite honestly i hope it falls through and he cant get a license to fight anywhere here

the only logistical reason to have this would be for pac to get his 8th in 8 division

PS i heard some moron on foxsports forums saying that now pac is ducking bradley......must be a diehard may fan

Nightwing
08-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Been trying to watch a lot more boxing lately.

Disappointed in Chad Dawson. He has everything except for 'it'. Watching his fights, it just seems like he lacks passion and heart, which in a lot ways is more important than his impressive physical skillset. Props to Pascal though, always entertaining fighter, and put on a great performance.

Hopefully the next fight they make will be Bute/Pascal. Probably the biggest fight in canadian boxing history, and the biggest fight that can be made right now with May/Pac not going down. I'd give Bute the edge though, he's slicker and quicker.

Really looking for to Wlad's fight against Peter. If Wladimir comes in with a little more aggression, we'll see an early KO, there aren't many who can match his power. I expect him to look a lot better in this fight than he did in the first one. Wlad has a lot better jab and is just physically imposing.

James Toney has been calling out 'the sisters'. I think either Wlad or Vitali would murder him at this point.

Spice 1
08-16-2010, 10:15 AM
James Toney has been calling out 'the sisters'. I think either Wlad or Vitali would murder him at this point.

Yeah, probably goes w/o saying. Chambers had to practically lunge the entire fight, and he just ate too many jabs. Same outcome here. I think Chambers has always been an underrated fighter, and it just goes to show how smart Klitschko really is. Given the shape he's in, Toney would probably get knocked out by either one relatively early.

armedequation
08-16-2010, 03:42 PM
or holyfield for that matter

armedequation
09-05-2010, 11:46 AM
anyone catch it?

what an idiot....easy to talk tough on camera when you wont fight him even when he agrees to everything.....

I honestly cant wait for this because I've never seen pac mad at another fighter before a fight and he still pounds them....whats gonna happen to may when he fights a pissed pac?

so all you mayweather supporters, can you watch this and say "hell yeah i love supporting athletes like this" ?

Cahill
09-10-2010, 06:14 PM
Floyd Mayweather was arrested for beating his wife/girlfriend/whatever she is and stealing her iPhone on Thursday.

What a surprise, I have lost a lot of respect for Floyd. Handpicking his opponents again but this time it's his wife. He is a disgrace, I'm surprised he didn't stream this on ustream, what a jerk. He isn't a man, he is afraid to fight Manny but not afraid to hit a woman. All respect lost for him.

Biggregb
09-11-2010, 06:40 AM
Floyd Mayweather was arrested for beating his wife/girlfriend/whatever she is and stealing her iPhone on Thursday.

What a surprise, I have lost a lot of respect for Floyd. Handpicking his opponents again but this time it's his wife. He is a disgrace, I'm surprised he didn't stream this on ustream, what a jerk. He isn't a man, he is afraid to fight Manny but not afraid to hit a woman. All respect lost for him.

Wow pretty crazy. I always knew "pretty boy" was a coward and this confirms it. Hopefully she was able to land a couple of right hooks on him before his superior skills made the difference.

armedequation
09-14-2010, 11:30 AM

no offense but how is this surprising? Look at how he lives and what comes out of his mouth, who he associates with and then tell me your surprised.

im glad people are seeing him for who he really is...

im a manny fan but i had been dying to see this fight and now it wont ever happen, if it does i wonder if his wife will be in manny's corner:D

Biggregb
11-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Pacquiao vs Margarito tonight. Could be interesting, Manny weighed in at 144.6 lbs which is heavy for him, and the cheater was 150 lbs. That should put him around 155-160 for the fight plus he's 5 inches taller than Pac. It's going to be fun to watch a little guy beat the crap out of a bigger man.

SBboundBRONCOS
11-13-2010, 10:48 PM
Pacquiao vs Margarito tonight. Could be interesting, Manny weighed in at 144.6 lbs which is heavy for him, and the cheater was 150 lbs. That should put him around 155-160 for the fight plus he's 5 inches taller than Pac. It's going to be fun to watch a little guy beat the crap out of a bigger man.

he beat the living poop out of margarito tonight, my goodness pacquiao didnt even look like he got hit while marg looked liked he wont be able to see for a few days

Spyder
11-13-2010, 10:50 PM
Now that was a beating. I gotta give some credit to Margarito though, he had the heart to last the entire fight, even if it should have been stopped in the 10th.

Biggregb
11-13-2010, 11:21 PM
Pac dominates one again. You can't hide forever Floyd....

Biggregb
09-17-2011, 08:40 PM
Hey does anybody remember this sport? Money May getting ready to get knocked out.... I mean getting ready to go to work.

Biggregb
09-17-2011, 09:07 PM
Yes? No? Maybe?.....

Biggregb
09-17-2011, 09:11 PM
Wow! That was bizzare!

Eddiemac730
09-17-2011, 09:12 PM
That was Crap!!!

Remedy
09-17-2011, 09:14 PM
wow... dirty dirty dirty..

now he better stop ducking Manny..
just wow...

Biggregb
09-17-2011, 09:19 PM
LMFAO!!! Larry Merchant told Floyd if he was 50 years younger he'd kick his bleep!!

Remedy
09-17-2011, 09:21 PM
Post fight interview is better than the fight.

Peerless
09-17-2011, 09:29 PM
larry merchant FTW!!!

Remedy
09-17-2011, 09:29 PM
This is going to to set up perfect for an Ortiz - Mayweather rematch. Another excuse for Floyd to duck the one fight everyone wants to see.

Remedy
09-17-2011, 09:30 PM
larry merchant FTW!!!

Only thing worth the money tonight was Larry Merchant.

InElwayWeTrust
09-17-2011, 09:33 PM
That was awesome!!! And that is why Money Mayweather is my favorite boxer!!! Ortiz is the dirty fighter! He knew he was getting his *** handed to him, and he was going to continue to get beaten like an unwanted stepchild. So he knows his only way out is to commit the most obvious headbutt since Zidane. Mayweather's mouth is bloodied from it, and the ref takes a point. I couldn't be prouder of what happened next. You wanna take a cheap shot?? OK... Go to SLEEP NOW!!! NEXT?!?!

Then Ortiz has the nerve to claim it wasn't on purpose?????? And while he talks about how Floyd sucker punched him punk crew yells "where was the ref???" WOW???

Like Money said, If he wants a rematch he can have one, but I doubt he does... Somethings you get what you deserve, this was one of those times. :D :salute:

Amari24
09-17-2011, 09:35 PM
What Floyd did was completely fair. Was it clean? Maybe not, but Ortiz shouldn't had done that cheap head butt.

Fair game.

Remedy
09-17-2011, 09:38 PM
Hands down looking at the ref.. kinda weak man. Not defending what Ortiz did but common...

Biggregb
09-17-2011, 09:38 PM
Floyd did a hell of a job ducking the obvious next question. He wants no part of Manny and didn't even want to be asked about it!

Remedy
09-17-2011, 09:39 PM
Floyd did a hell of a job ducking the obvious next question. He wants no part of Manny and didn't even want to be asked about it!

Yeeeeep... Gonna duck manny till the day he dies

Cahill
09-17-2011, 09:40 PM
It's a boxing match, Ortiz needs to stop apologizing. One was enough, the man is going to be pissed no matter what you do. I like Mayweather, while a stunt like this is not going to get him a lot of fans. It is drawing more attention to the sport so that isn't a bad thing.

Biggregb
09-17-2011, 09:45 PM
It's a boxing match, Ortiz needs to stop apologizing. One was enough, the man is going to be pissed no matter what you do. I like Mayweather, while a stunt like this is not going to get him a lot of fans. It is drawing more attention to the sport so that isn't a bad thing.

So true....

Spyder
09-17-2011, 11:18 PM
That was awesome!!! And that is why Money Mayweather is my favorite boxer!!! Ortiz is the dirty fighter! He knew he was getting his *** handed to him, and he was going to continue to get beaten like an unwanted stepchild. So he knows his only way out is to commit the most obvious headbutt since Zidane. Mayweather's mouth is bloodied from it, and the ref takes a point. I couldn't be prouder of what happened next. You wanna take a cheap shot?? OK... Go to SLEEP NOW!!! NEXT?!?!

Then Ortiz has the nerve to claim it wasn't on purpose?????? And while he talks about how Floyd sucker punched him punk crew yells "where was the ref???" WOW???

Like Money said, If he wants a rematch he can have one, but I doubt he does... Somethings you get what you deserve, this was one of those times. :D :salute:

I wouldn't say Floyd was completely dominating the fight. There were a lot of people who thought Ortiz was going to be completely outclassed and while Floyd is still no doubt the better fighter, it wasn't the pure *** kicking many thought it would be, or rather how you make it out to be.

If you want to see a true *** kicking, rewatch Pacquiao and Margarito last year. This fight was much, much closer.

Anyway. Ortiz apologized too many times and forgot that he's still a fighter, the first thing you're told when you begin fighting is to NEVER drop your guard. I don't care if you're in a sanctioned fight in Las Vegas or in a fight in the streets somewhere, you do not drop your guard. I fault Ortiz for that.

Nonetheless, I didn't really have a huge interest in this fight. As with everyone else, boxing is meaning less and less without the true stars going head to head. If Mayweather really loves this sport and hopes for it to continue onwards in the future, he REALLY needs to step it up and accept the fight with Manny because fights like the one we just witnessed tonight is a big reason why the MMA is kicking boxing in the mouth in the ratings and popularity.

Spice 1
09-18-2011, 02:36 AM
It would be nice to have seen this fight get into the later rounds. Ortiz was huge, and he was getting punches through. Mayweather's skill somehow impresses me every time he fights. I think he has the straightest right in the game. His straight right hand practically scrapes his own head when he cocks it back and sends it. That's where the power comes from. I didn't think there was any way for Ortiz to win this fight, but if he's that much bigger than Floyd, he can wear Floyd down some with pressure and combinations. He's not going to beat Mayweather in the center of the ring, but that was probably a given. Ortiz has no choice but to try and sucker May into a brawl.

About the head butt. Andre Ward pulls that crap all of the time and people love him. A lot of guys do it, and a lot of guys get caught from time to time. Point deduction was the right call. If he would have seriously cut Mayweather or hurt him because of it, I think it would be a different story. It doesn't really matter anyway, because Floyd took the easy way out. Hitting a guy when he's trying to apologize is like hitting a guy on the break. It's legal, but a ***** move. I don't care how many times he apologizes, and I think Ortiz allowed himself to lose his edge there. That's mental. Floyd's demeanor was in a better place than Victor's. But that's just Floyd being Floyd. Great fighters don't give a crap for your emotions.

Since Mayweather is not going to fight Paquiao, a rematch is needed. Unfortunately for Ortiz, he just tipped his hand. Whether or not it mattered is something we didn't get to find out.

Here's what I don't get about Floyd though. Why risk fighting a big bruiser like Ortiz when there is little to gain, and run from Paquiao? He thinks he has a monster legacy. It just isn't there. He passes the eye test, and he has a fair share of good wins, but he absolutely must fight Paquiao if he wants to be in the conversation. I think, deep down, he's happy with what he has.

Biggregb
09-18-2011, 10:15 AM
Unfortunately this spectacle overshadowed two other great fighters. Canelo Alvarez retained his title and the legendary Erik Morales won his 4th title in 4 different weight classes.

Spice 1
09-13-2012, 06:30 PM
Well then. We get Pacquiao/Marquez IV. It's all about the money at this point, and they know this fight is good for it. In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter. Marquez is a guy that sylistically matches up well with Pacquiao, but by we've seen it three times now. Who cares what happens. I know I don't. I hope Saul Alvarez wrecks all of these guys.

In other news, I would almost put Andre Ward ahead of Pacquiao pound for pound at this point anyways. What he just did to Dawson was almost unrealistic. He's the immediate future in boxing the way I see it.

Spice 1
12-08-2012, 11:05 PM
So about that Andre Ward guy...

Seriously though. Marquez was always better than Pacquiao anyway. Pacquiao just had more athleticism. Straight right over the lazy jab Evander style.

InElwayWeTrust
12-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Man I'm so drunk I'm suprises I can type.

Goodnight Picioau!! Have a good nap!!!!

Mayweather > PAC man! Lollllllllllll

InElwayWeTrust
12-08-2012, 11:46 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahauahahahaha

Marquez sent pacquiao to la la land!!!! And arguably beat him before.

Yet Mayweahter made Marquez look like a fool swinging at the wind! Lol hahahah I love the haters.

BroncoSexyDaddy
12-09-2012, 10:21 AM
Floyd Mayweather/Andre Ward would be the best fight imo.I would go to Vegas to watch that one.

Spice 1
12-09-2012, 04:23 PM
Floyd Mayweather/Andre Ward would be the best fight imo.I would go to Vegas to watch that one.

Would be an awesome fight, but it would probably have to be made at middle weight. It's conceivable that Floyd could fight at that weight, but he wouldn't have any power and would be more sluggish. He can't get into the ring with Pacquiao, he'd never try to move up that far to fight Ward in his wheelhouse. Unless Ward could drop down to super welterweight, I don't see it ever happending.

There are a lot of high profile guys for Ward to beat up on in the middleweight divisions right now anyway. The first of which, being Pavlik (who I happen to like, cause he's from OH). Ward can make his career fighting these guys. Ward is also likely to move up (temporarily, because there's nobody up there) to light heavy. Possibly a rematch with Dawson.

InsaneBlaze23
12-12-2012, 11:24 AM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/18307_406318179449165_274622902_n.jpg

Spice 1
12-26-2012, 12:15 PM
5/4 - Mayweather/Guerrero.
Guerrero is probably going to do like Cotto did, and walk him down. One big thing that Guerrero does have going for him, is that he goes to the body very well and loves to rough guys up on the inside. But Guerrero really isn't much of a ghost, and Floyd will likely catch him with repeated counter punches. Though I really like Guerrero, Floyd probably wins easy.

I'll probably get the fight, because Floyd hasn't fought a guy with this much heart in a long time. Guerrero is super hero in the will department.

Spice 1
03-16-2013, 09:38 PM
Great fight tonight. I had Bradley 114-113. A display of heart on both parts. Provodnikov was the much bigger puncher, and couldn't be hurt by Bradley's shots. If Bradley would have approached this fight with the mindset to move laterally and stick him with the jab and straight he would have coasted for the most part. That's the thing about Bradley. He has a lot of heart. He chose instead to fight like Holy, and exchange with Provodnikov all night. Bradley outlanded him, but Ruslan's power consistently got to him. Ruslan punched himself out two or three times during the course of the fight, and that gave Bradley an opportunity to outbox him. If the ref scores a knock down in the first round, this fight's a draw.

Bradley earned a lot of respect tonight. Fighting this fight the way he did.

Broncoholic3233
03-30-2013, 08:40 PM
Anyone else watching the Alverado and Rio fight?

Broncoholic3233
03-30-2013, 09:20 PM
Tremendous fight. Congrats to Alvarado!

Please bring fight #3 to the Pepsi Center!

Spice 1
03-31-2013, 10:02 AM
Tremendous fight. Congrats to Alvarado!

Please bring fight #3 to the Pepsi Center!

Kind of makes you wonder what might have happened if the ref would have waited a few more seconds in the first fight doesn't it?

The state of Colorado should be excited about Alvarado for sure. He's the real deal. Brandon Rios is no joke (I had him 14 P4P). Alvarado is better than he is.

Spice 1
04-01-2013, 08:23 AM
Kind of makes you wonder what might have happened if the ref would have waited a few more seconds in the first fight doesn't it?

The state of Colorado should be excited about Alvarado for sure. He's the real deal. Brandon Rios is no joke (I had him 14 P4P). Alvarado is better than he is.

Oscar De La Hoya may have taken one two many shots to the head. In the wake of Alvarado's upset win over Rios, he jumped on twitter and proposed a Mike Alvarado/Adrien Broner matchup to the fans. Never mind the fact that this fight would never happen, lay off the pipe Oscar. Alvarado would be foolish to get in the ring with Broner.

InElwayWeTrust
05-04-2013, 09:57 PM
44-0 :D

:rockon:

Captain_23
05-04-2013, 10:32 PM
Great fight... Although it was unanimous decision, Guerrero didn't back down and fought hard. He like many before him was in another class. Boxing wont be the same once Mayweather hangs it up.

Atwnbroncfan
05-04-2013, 10:41 PM
That fight wasn't even hard for Money May. Just another day in the office.

Matymaddog
05-04-2013, 10:46 PM
Great fight... Although it was unanimous decision, Guerrero didn't back down and fought hard. He like many before him was in another class. Boxing wont be the same once Mayweather hangs it up.

I do agree to an extent but at the same time disagree. I think Canelo is going to be huge for boxing. I hope to see him get a shot at Mayweather once before money may hangs up the shoes but I think that would be a fantastic fight.

Captain_23
05-05-2013, 12:21 AM
I do agree to an extent but at the same time disagree. I think Canelo is going to be huge for boxing. I hope to see him get a shot at Mayweather once before money may hangs up the shoes but I think that would be a fantastic fight.

Yeah, that would be a great potential fight too.. u right about that.

theMileHighGuy
05-05-2013, 01:29 AM
Man, I hate Mayweather sooo much... but he is a damn gifted striker.

InElwayWeTrust
05-05-2013, 08:12 AM
If Canelo is smart he will avoid Mayweather until he retires. That way Canelo's reign can begin. If he fights Mayweather he will get clowned like everyone else does, and then he will always have that mark on his record.

I REALLY want to see that fight, but it's not smart for Canelo IMO.

Although the payday could be too hard to turn down. :D

Spice 1
05-05-2013, 08:40 AM
If Canelo is smart he will avoid Mayweather until he retires. That way Canelo's reign can begin. If he fights Mayweather he will get clowned like everyone else does, and then he will always have that mark on his record.

I REALLY want to see that fight, but it's not smart for Canelo IMO.

Although the payday could be too hard to turn down. :D

Until I saw Alvarez/Trout and Mayweather/Guerrero, I actually though Canelo would have a chance at beating Mayweather. I think you're right on that one, even though Mayweather is clearly in no hurry to fight Alvarez. There are only a couple guys out there that I think have enough hand speed get get off effectively on May, and I don't think either one of those guys are slick enough to get away with it. (Kahn and Pacquiao)

Matymaddog
05-05-2013, 11:32 AM
If Mayweather is going to fight Canelo he needs to do it sooner than later

Captain_23
05-05-2013, 11:43 AM
Im not gonna lie, I was one of the people who said Mayweather looked like he was slowing down after the Cotto fight last year. Mayweather looked good as ever last night, and looked like himself again.

I really miss the days of the big heavy weights. Although I liked Bernard Hopkins and Roy Jones Jr, too.

Matymaddog
05-05-2013, 12:41 PM
Im not gonna lie, I was one of the people who said Mayweather looked like he was slowing down after the Cotto fight last year. Mayweather looked good as ever last night, and looked like himself again.

I really miss the days of the big heavy weights. Although I liked Bernard Hopkins and Roy Jones Jr, too.

I became a huge Mayweather supporter following his decimation of my boy Ricky Hatton back in 07 effectively destroying Hattons career. Killed any and all confidence in the kid

Captain_23
05-05-2013, 12:57 PM
I became a huge Mayweather supporter following his decimation of my boy Ricky Hatton back in 07 effectively destroying Hattons career. Killed any and all confidence in the kid

lmbo... yeah I remember that bout. Mayweather has killed the hopes and dreams of 44 men. 44 Have tried and 44 have failed.

Matymaddog
05-05-2013, 03:39 PM
I'd like to see Mayweather fight one of the five for his next fight

Sergio Martinez - Light Middleweight
Timothy Bradley - Welterweight
Adrien Broner - Welterweight
Danny Garcia - Light welterweight
Saul Alvarez - Light Middleweight

Matymaddog
05-30-2013, 04:39 AM
Mayweather vs Canilo announced

Spice 1
05-30-2013, 09:08 AM
Mayweather vs Canilo announced

Considering that Mayweather has only fought at or above 152 two times before (De La Hoya and Cotto), he must feel confident about this fight. The fights against De La Hoya and Cotto weren't exactly a walk in the park.

The major thing about Alvarez that I noticed when he fought Trout, is that his jab is not all that great. He let Trout control him all night, and he ended up trying to counter. Luckily he put Trout on the canvas, but that isn't going to work on Mayweather. He has to be the boss and work the jab against Mayweather, because that crap he pulled against Trout is going to get him shut out against Floyd. Unless, of course, they fight in Texas.

InElwayWeTrust
05-30-2013, 10:39 AM
Finally a boxing match I am looking forward to!!!!!!!!!

As always.... Go MONEY MAY!!!!!! :rockon:

Spice 1
09-14-2013, 08:27 AM
So anybody else looking forward to seeing Golden Boy's golden goose get plucked tonight, or am I alone on that one?

InsaneBlaze23
09-14-2013, 10:59 AM
I'm looking forward to Mayflower being knocked on his ass.

Matymaddog
09-14-2013, 08:36 PM
Garcia winning this fight.

I got Mayweather in 12 UD. Love Canelo, huge fan of his but he's going to learn a lot from this fight. You want to know what holes you have in your game? Fight mayweather. I think it's a possibility they could have a rematch for Mayweathers final contract fight. There are a couple of guys he should look to fight following this one. This will be mayweathers heaviest opponent by far and one of the strongest young talents in the game. Canelo is the future of boxing

BroncoFanNC
09-14-2013, 09:31 PM
someone give me play by play in the chat. :D

http://us10.chatzy.com/BroncosChat

Matymaddog
09-15-2013, 12:10 AM
Where does Money May go from here? I think what he does hinges on the results of the Bradley vs Marquez fight. Take a fight with Bradley if he wins. Look at Amir Khan for a match at Wembley and then take on Garcia for the 5th fight of his contract.

Atwnbroncfan
09-15-2013, 12:51 AM
That fight wash't even close. Mayweather was just too fast for Canelo.

Houshmazode
09-15-2013, 01:04 AM
CJ Ross should look for a new job. It wasn't even close. I was surprised at the other scores too. Can't beat Floyd's defense.

Bronco51
09-15-2013, 06:43 AM
I can't tell if these judges are making these fights seem closer so that people will bet against Money in the future.......or if they were just that clueless. That fight wasn't close, ever.

InsaneBlaze23
09-15-2013, 08:53 AM
As I said yesterday/this morning on social media. I'll eat my crow on predicting Saul to knock out Mayflower. But I'll also give myself credit since I did predict the outcome if Floyd was to win.

Anyways I'm not upset with Canelo losing. I knew it was a long shot and I actually think it's better for him to lose. He's 23, he's a great boxer and he's a smart boxer. Meaning he can take this fight and learn from it.
It wasn't a cake walk for Mayflower as Floyd fan girls make it seem. Saul had him against the ropes a few times and hurt Floyd....problem was he never capitalized on it and let Floyd regain himself.

Also it was very noticeable that Canelo gassed out in the 7th and for the rest of the match was a Dead Rising zombie.
So what he needs to do is do more cardio works and condition himself better and be smart about how he uses his energy.

Floyd was also just too fast for him which was gonna be a no brainer. I still think Canelo can beat Floyd, I think if he gets a rematch(when he's ready) he will have a good shot.

Spice 1
09-16-2013, 07:09 AM
Where does Money May go from here? I think what he does hinges on the results of the Bradley vs Marquez fight. Take a fight with Bradley if he wins. Look at Amir Khan for a match at Wembley and then take on Garcia for the 5th fight of his contract.

Sounds about right. Khan has to get past Alexander or whoever he ends up fighting next though (otherwise it'll be Alexander). It would be nice if Bradley pulls out a decision against Marquez so we could see that fight, but I doubt that's going to happen. We don't need Mayweather/Marquez II. And I agree, that Danny Garcia fight is the biggest fight now, after what he did against Matthysse. That would be the best way to end his career.

There are a few others, like Alvarado, Pacquiao/Rios winner, or even Trout. But those are all less likely. Then you have a couple dangerous guys on the horizon. If Floyd does end up fighting longer than he lets on (and he's obviously capable of doing that), I'd absolutely love to see Keith Thurman and Erislandy Lara get a shot.

About the fight, went about exactly like I thought it would. Canelo is way bigger, but Floyd's reflexes, foot speed, and hand speed were the difference. I figured if Canelo didn't get him out of there by round five it would be a matter of time before he'd run out of gas and Floyd would end up picking him off for the rest of the fight. Canelo has never had the stamina to go rounds against a guy that makes him work hard like Floyd. I don't think Canelo expected Floyd's defense to be as good as it was. Every time he threw a four punch combination, he was landing one, maybe two, and rarely flush. Alvarez is good, and he'll go on to do good things, but Floyd is simply one of the five to ten best boxers that ever lived.

Spice 1
09-20-2013, 06:56 AM
A bit surprised no mention of Ken Norton's passing a couple days ago:

Ken Norton dead at 70 (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/19/sports/ken-norton-a-championship-fighter-who-broke-alis-jaw-is-dead-at-70.html?_r=0)

His death was confirmed by his son Ken Jr., an assistant coach with the Seattle Seahawks of the N.F.L. and a pro linebacker for 13 seasons, The Associated Press said. Norton had been in poor health for several years after sustaining a series of strokes, The A.P. reported.

Norton defeated Ali on a 12-round split decision in 1973 to capture the North American Boxing Federation heavyweight title. Norton was an exceptionally muscular 6 feet 2 inches and 220 pounds, but he was a decided underdog in the first Ali fight.

“Ali thought it would be an easy fight,” Norton’s former manager, Gene Kilroy, was quoted by The A.P. as saying. “But Norton was unorthodox. Instead of jabbing from above like most fighters, he would put his hand down and jab up at Ali.”

Kilroy said that after the fight, Norton visited Ali at the hospital where he was getting his broken jaw wired, and Ali told him he never wanted to fight him again.

I feel somewhat obligated to pay tribute to the Marine who busted Ali's jaw, and shut his big mouth. He's the only man to arguably get the better of Ali while he was still a great fighter. RIP.

One of the best heavyweight fights of all time: Norton/Holmes. Norton would come from behind and put a beating on Holmes, the likes of which he wouldn't feel again until Mike Tyson.

LS8JXVpJDIk

ELWAY421
10-08-2013, 05:01 PM
My favorite boxer of all time Roy Jones Jr when he was in his prime pound for pound way better than Mayweather or anyone else i've ever seen.

Spice 1
10-09-2013, 12:38 PM
My favorite boxer of all time Roy Jones Jr when he was in his prime pound for pound way better than Mayweather or anyone else i've ever seen.

Jones Junior was the truth. We'll never see another fighter like that. I can't post my favorite vid cause of the lyrics, but the video content is just as explicit as the audio as far as I'm concerned. I doubt there was ever a better fighter at smoking guys who thought they were out of range. He used to land clean bombs from angles the opponent couldn't see/wouldn't see until it was too late. I think that was why he was so fun to watch. You don't see solid fighters get clowned like that very often. He did it every time he got in the ring.

Tyson overwhelmed guys. Mayweather makes guys look stupid. Jones did both simultaneously.

ELWAY421
10-09-2013, 01:52 PM
Jones Junior was the truth. We'll never see another fighter like that. I can't post my favorite vid cause of the lyrics, but the video content is just as explicit as the audio as far as I'm concerned. I doubt there was ever a better fighter at smoking guys who thought they were out of range. He used to land clean bombs from angles the opponent couldn't see/wouldn't see until it was too late. I think that was why he was so fun to watch. You don't see solid fighters get clowned like that very often. He did it every time he got in the ring.

Tyson overwhelmed guys. Mayweather makes guys look stupid. Jones did both simultaneously.

I wish he would have stayed at the super middleweight & went undefeated & retired. When he went up & beat Ruiz & came back down he was never the same, but the man had super human abilities for sure.

ELWAY421
10-19-2013, 08:15 PM
Watching Mike Alvarado vs Ruslan Provodnikov on Hbo its in Broomfield Colorado & Alvarado is wearing what they announced as Broncos Orange & Blue. Is Alvarado from Colorado?

Spice 1
10-19-2013, 08:55 PM
MIke has nothing to be ashamed of. Absolutely nothing. Great heart.:salute:

If the Broncos play with that kind of heart Sunday they'll kill the Colts.

ELWAY421
10-19-2013, 09:53 PM
MIke has nothing to be ashamed of. Absolutely nothing. Great heart.:salute:

If the Broncos play with that kind of heart Sunday they'll kill the Colts.

He was taking care of business early but the guy he was fighting was good & had power. The Broncos will kill the Colts!!!! Rise again we will rise....

Spice 1
12-20-2013, 08:13 AM
It looks like former heavyweight champ Vitali Klitschko will be retiring in order to concentrate on his bid for office in Ukraine. He'll finish his career with 45 wins, 2 losses, and an amazing 41 knock outs. His most memorable fight is probably one of his two losses, a brutal fire fight with Lennox Lewis where he was stopped on a bad cut. He fought Lewis hard, delivered an uppercut that was as impressive a display from Lewis' chin as it was for Vitali's power, and was winning the fight on points at the time of the stoppage. Vitali and his younger brother Wladimir have been widely criticized throughout their respective careers as super heavyweights who dominate an era that features the worst opposition in the division's history. It's difficult to gauge Vitali's legacy though, as the skilled super heavyweights have, for the most part, dominated the division since the likes of Riddick Bowe and Lennox Lewis. Gone are the days where an undersized light heavyweight like Michael Spinks, Evander Holyfield, and Michael Moorer can climb to the heavyweight division and challenge for the lineal crown (jones, Toney, and Byrd were beating paper champs and washed up fighters). But despite the lack of competition, there is no question that Vitali was an action fighter. His willingness to trade with anyone ensures that he should not be inducted into the hall of fame based solely on his dominance, but his ability to entertain.

The eventual "stepping down" of the Klitschko brothers may prove more telling to their respective legacies in time. Once they are out of the picture, there will be an ensuing tournament to find the new heavyweight champ. The names currently at the top of the list are Bermaine Stiverne, Chris Arreola, and Deontay Wilder. But there are a handful of other fighters out there, who show promise. None of these fighters however, look to be anywhere near as quality as the Klitschko's were in their primes. This should allow for entertaining clashes at heavyweight, and I would suspect a return of the undersized heavyweight moving up from cruiser and possibly light heavy some time in the future. In this, many believe that the inevitable demise of the Klitschko's is actually good for the division, and I somewhat agree. It should be noted though, that this would also prove how good they really were.

ELWAY421
12-20-2013, 12:21 PM
The Klitschko's fought at the wrong time. It would have been nice to see them have the competition such as the Bowe's & Holyfield's & there is no doubt in my mind them fights would have transpired. Unlike the Floyd's & the Roy Jones JR's of the world who spend or spent their time hand picking their opponents instead of fighting who they should, the Klitshko's would have fought anyone anytime. This is whats wrong with the sport of boxing, Floyd should have fought Manny years ago & Jones Jr should have fought Hopkins the second time way earlier than he did. In order to bring the sport of Boxing back to it's heyday we need to make the matchup's such as Manny vs Floyd just like the Hagler vs Hearns fights.

Spice 1
12-20-2013, 02:12 PM
The Klitschko's fought at the wrong time. It would have been nice to see them have the competition such as the Bowe's & Holyfield's & there is no doubt in my mind them fights would have transpired. Unlike the Floyd's & the Roy Jones JR's of the world who spend or spent their time hand picking their opponents instead of fighting who they should, the Klitshko's would have fought anyone anytime. This is whats wrong with the sport of boxing, Floyd should have fought Manny years ago & Jones Jr should have fought Hopkins the second time way earlier than he did. In order to bring the sport of Boxing back to it's heyday we need to make the matchup's such as Manny vs Floyd just like the Hagler vs Hearns fights.

Very true. Floyd is a business man first. If he could fight Alvarez it's conceivable that he could fight the likes of Golovkin and Lara, but it's very unlikely that he will. He'll give Khan a fight, then pick and choose which other prospects at 147 are available to him. This includes Bradley and Garcia. I highly doubt that he gives a guy like Shawn Porter a shot either. Marcos Maidana just exposed the much hyped Adrien Broner's inability to move and aggressively fight with a high punch volume. He embarrassed him. Here is Maidana, a guy who was completely outboxed by Alexander, a guy who was just completely outboxed by Porter. I don't think Floyd wants to deal with that. Porter is small, yes, but scary right now.

It is a shame when you look back at what SRL, Hagler, Hearns, Benitez, and Duran were doing. They were down to prove themselves against each other. I respect Floyd for being able to move up and dominate the way he has, but there are big fights out there that he'll never take.

ELWAY421
12-21-2013, 03:44 PM
Very true. Floyd is a business man first. If he could fight Alvarez it's conceivable that he could fight the likes of Golovkin and Lara, but it's very unlikely that he will. He'll give Khan a fight, then pick and choose which other prospects at 147 are available to him. This includes Bradley and Garcia. I highly doubt that he gives a guy like Shawn Porter a shot either. Marcos Maidana just exposed the much hyped Adrien Broner's inability to move and aggressively fight with a high punch volume. He embarrassed him. Here is Maidana, a guy who was completely outboxed by Alexander, a guy who was just completely outboxed by Porter. I don't think Floyd wants to deal with that. Porter is small, yes, but scary right now.

It is a shame when you look back at what SRL, Hagler, Hearns, Benitez, and Duran were doing. They were down to prove themselves against each other. I respect Floyd for being able to move up and dominate the way he has, but there are big fights out there that he'll never take.

You ever hear of Prince Charles Williams? He is from where I live he was a damn good boxer in his time. He held the title for awhile. If you ever get a chance watch the Prince Charles Williams vs Merqui Sosa. Anyway as you know Roy Jones Jr is my favorite fighter of all time & I feel his skill set will never be matched Prime for Prime. I just wish Roy would fought the best all the time, it wouldn't have mattered, he would have still made his foes look foolish & that goes for Toney or Hopkins. The second Hopkins fight? Well Roy's skills were obviously diminished so I don't count that loss lol. But yeah watch the Sosa vs Williams fights one of them is like Hagler vs Hearns part two, I think you can find them on youtube. I'll find the links.

ELWAY421
12-21-2013, 03:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdXtDedOXws

Spice 1
12-23-2013, 08:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdXtDedOXws

First time I've seen that fight, thx.

Man, I've never seen a fighter so happy to get jobbed before. I had Sosa up 70/63, and he would have stopped Williams. Sosa started out landing the lead right hand, but after he went to the body in the 4th round, he started landing everything. I honestly have no idea why Williams chose to fight on the inside. He must have figured he couldn't out point Sosa at range. That, and he probably had no idea Sosa was going to fight him like that.

I love watching fighters, who aren't known inside fighters, stand toe to toe with each other. Especially when neither one of them looks to clinch. Good stuff.

ELWAY421
12-23-2013, 05:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkWMor1UZ9E

Sosa out of his league in this one.

ELWAY421
12-23-2013, 05:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4CNe6K-1Tc

The body shot heard round the world!

Spice 1
02-26-2014, 01:42 PM
Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana...LOL.

Way to step up Floyd. I bet senior could have whipped Maidana in his prime. I'd pay money to watch Floyd beat up his girlfriend/wife or whatever before I'd pay money to watch this. I can't wait to see Maidana try that looping right hand up top on Floyd. Wait, yeah I can. Because I'm not paying to watch it. I won't even drive to somebody's house to watch it...un friggin believable.

Spice 1
04-14-2014, 09:54 AM
Canelo Alvarez may prove to be a bright spot in what looks like an otherwise uneventful 2014. Canelo did what I never thought he'd do by agreeing to fight Erislandy Lara, who has been calling him out for some time now. Right now, the fight is set for July 12th.

I've been of the mindset for a while now that Lara would beat Alvarez, and I'm not alone. Canelo is likely convinced that he'll KO Lara, but I applaud him regardless. Lara can be hurt. Can be worn down, but he is fast, skilled, and has some power. I haven't seen a fighter yet get away from the counter left, and I haven't seen a fighter who's defense he couldn't exploit. This fight could go either way, and so far looks like the marquee matchup of 2014.

I think blasting out Angulo and seeing Lara get dropped by Angulo may have aided Canelo's decision in taking this fight. I hope that's not the case for Canelo's sake though.

ELWAY421
04-14-2014, 12:29 PM
Canelo Alvarez may prove to be a bright spot in what looks like an otherwise uneventful 2014. Canelo did what I never thought he'd do by agreeing to fight Erislandy Lara, who has been calling him out for some time now. Right now, the fight is set for July 12th.

I've been of the mindset for a while now that Lara would beat Alvarez, and I'm not alone. Canelo is likely convinced that he'll KO Lara, but I applaud him regardless. Lara can be hurt. Can be worn down, but he is fast, skilled, and has some power. I haven't seen a fighter yet get away from the counter left, and I haven't seen a fighter who's defense he couldn't exploit. This fight could go either way, and so far looks like the marquee matchup of 2014.

I think blasting out Angulo and seeing Lara get dropped by Angulo may have aided Canelo's decision in taking this fight. I hope that's not the case for Canelo's sake though.

I still want to see Manny vs Floyd, but I'm not holding my breath.

Spice 1
04-15-2014, 10:14 AM
I still want to see Manny vs Floyd, but I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah. Politics in boxing is at an all time low. A few guys protecting fighters, so they can get rich. There are a couple fighters out there, who are willing to fight anyone, but nobody wants to fight them. "Everyone wants a million dollars, but nobody wants to work."

A lot of people thought that Pacquiao would never be the same fighter, based on confidence. I'm not sure. Bradley has been as good as he's ever been, and Pacquiao still handled him. Sure, maybe Pacquiao has started thinking more about squaring himself up and lunging in with his punches, but he always got away with it because of his natural ability. The athleticism is not gone. You fight the same guy four times, especially a counter puncher like Marquez who will trade one shot to land a better one, and he's going to time you eventually.

I still think this fight would be as good as ever. The thing that's always intrigued me, is that a left handed fighter with a combination of speed and power is normally bad news for the shoulder roll. The left hand is harder to get away from. I think it would force Floyd at least to reset more than he wants. He wouldn't be able to just unload the counter right hand like he normally does. Don't think Manny would win, but it's an interesting dynamic. And we never know for sure what's going to happen in a prize fight. Hell, Atlas has forgotten more about the sport than I'll ever know, and he had Bradley beating Pacquiao.

Spice 1
05-03-2014, 10:43 PM
Mayweather defeats Maidana by majority:

First off, didn't intend to watch this card, but glad I did for a couple reasons.

I'm convinced that Virgil Hunter is a better trainer than Freddie Roach. Watching Amir Khan under Hunter is like night and day compared to what he was under Roach. With Roach it was like throw blistering combinations and whatever, because I have to go play with my bff Pacquiao. Good luck buddy.

On to the Mayweather/Maidana fight. I had it 115/113 Mayweather. The judges, for the most part, agreed with similar scores.
I have no idea, and probably never will, as to why Mayweather chose to fight Maidana like Broner did. Maidana is no secret. He comes straight forward and throws clubbing shots from unorthodox angles. Guys who have worked him with the jab and moved have killed him. Mayweather came out and tried to counter him, which I truly feel was a huge mistake. Maidana doesn't care about landing clean, he just wants to get you on the ropes and club you to death. As a result, Mayweather found himself down on points early. Fortunately for him, Maidana burned himself out early on, and couldn't sustain the pressure he put on Mayweather early.

For what it's worth, I still think senior would have schooled Maidana. Not only do I think Mayweather took the wrong approach in this fight, but took Maidana lightly. He damn there got himself beat.

ELWAY421
09-30-2014, 06:15 PM
Are the chances of Manny vs Floyd getting better due to the fact that Manny has financial issues & Floyd's pay per veiw numbers are down? I hope so, this is the fight that will sell the pay per views. This fight would be Floyd's biggest money maker ever. It's time, its just time to get it done! On a side note I'm so tired of hearing about pound for pound greatest about Floyd, I've been watching boxing for a very long time and pound for pound, prime for prime, Roy Jones Jr is the best I ever watched....

armedequation
10-01-2014, 09:11 PM
ive been a manny fan for a long time.

i get so tired of hearing floyd flap his gums about money. go be a banker...
his latest trash talk is that manny doesnt draw ppv. what boxer talks like that? i dont ever remember tyson in his prime talking about money...i dont remember hearing ceasar chavez hand picking his opponents. Its no wonder people have gone away from boxing and frankly i hate this aspect.

ppv to me is a waste of money. i might have bought manny vs floyd 4 years ago but i wont spend money on it now.

people claim that mma is better but it looks to be going the same way...

i like roach but i dont think he can manage anymore...

and i cant stand bob arum either.

Spice 1
10-02-2014, 01:23 PM
ive been a manny fan for a long time.

i get so tired of hearing floyd flap his gums about money. go be a banker...
his latest trash talk is that manny doesnt draw ppv. what boxer talks like that? i dont ever remember tyson in his prime talking about money...i dont remember hearing ceasar chavez hand picking his opponents. Its no wonder people have gone away from boxing and frankly i hate this aspect.

ppv to me is a waste of money. i might have bought manny vs floyd 4 years ago but i wont spend money on it now.

people claim that mma is better but it looks to be going the same way...

i like roach but i dont think he can manage anymore...

and i cant stand bob arum either.

lol. Bob Arum is a mega tool, but they all make me want to blow chunks. DeLaHoya with his Ginger ATM, and Al Haymon aren't much better. Right now? I'm just waiting for Floyd to go away. Seriously. I didn't even watch the last Maidana fight, because it was all just a facade anyways. He made the first fight look good, just to get the rematch and create an exit strategy to avoid Pacquiao, Golovkin, and Thurman. He might still fight Khan, but who really cares outside of hard core boxing fans?

The sad part is that, on top of his game, Floyd would beat Thurman and probably Pacquiao. But he won't fight them, because he wants to have his cake and eat it too. He wants the legacy and the money. He can go 50-0, but he won't be celebrated like he did. A catchweight fight with Golovkin would be the best fight to be made right now, but if he were to fight Golovkin like Maidana, he would probably get murdered so there's no way.

armedequation
10-03-2014, 06:39 PM
i would have to disagree...i think if they both were in their prime manny would beat him as manny had the skill and he was hungry. even skill level the hungrier fighter almost always wins. floyd isnt fighting anymore hes protecting which is why hes so careful handpicking.
i will trash talk a little here....manny helps run a country and floyd doesnt quite even know how to read...you be the judge :shrug:

Spice 1
10-04-2014, 06:44 AM
i would have to disagree...i think if they both were in their prime manny would beat him as manny had the skill and he was hungry. even skill level the hungrier fighter almost always wins. floyd isnt fighting anymore hes protecting which is why hes so careful handpicking.
i will trash talk a little here....manny helps run a country and floyd doesnt quite even know how to read...you be the judge :shrug:

Well styles make fights, and Manny had the punch output and handspeed to outpoint/outwork Floyd, so I don't totally disagree with you there. I don't necessarily think the issue would be skill as much as technique. Manny has always lacked technique IMO, because of his foot/hand speed and power. Not to mention, working with Roach, who couldn't care less about defense. Marquez never had a hard time touching Manny, or even outboxing him. The problem was always Marquez's inability to get away from or take Manny's left. That's where I think Floyd's technique would shine.

armedequation
10-04-2014, 09:17 AM
think manny will win his november fight? i dont know much about his opponent but if manny loses he seals his fate as far as any thought of a fight with floyd.

Guess ive always just been a fan of good fights...often ill watch friday night fights. I cant afford ppv anymore...our first kid will be born any day now. So i dont usually root for anyone but more so just to see a really good battle. maybe thats why i never understood people that only watched the heavy class.

Spice 1
10-04-2014, 09:59 AM
think manny will win his november fight? i dont know much about his opponent but if manny loses he seals his fate as far as any thought of a fight with floyd.

Guess ive always just been a fan of good fights...often ill watch friday night fights. I cant afford ppv anymore...our first kid will be born any day now. So i dont usually root for anyone but more so just to see a really good battle. maybe thats why i never understood people that only watched the heavy class.

Chris Algieri is a tall welterweights who rides his bike and fights on the outside. He's got a couple nice wins, and he's a smart fighter. He doesn't have any power, so I don't think Pacquiao will have too hard of a time getting to him. It'll be interesting though. Like you said, if this guy outpoints Manny, it's probably the end for Pacquiao. Would be great if Pacquiao knocked him out though.:salute:

Personally, I have Algieri ranked higher than Maidana right now. lol. If that tells you anything about how I feel about Floyd's last two fights.

armedequation
10-04-2014, 10:49 AM
nice!

what about this thurman? us he your highest rated then golovkin? ive heard of them both but not much about them or who theyve fought...ill look into them when we go to hospital as it seems we are headed there at any time now...

Spice 1
10-04-2014, 03:26 PM
nice!

what about this thurman? us he your highest rated then golovkin? ive heard of them both but not much about them or who theyve fought...ill look into them when we go to hospital as it seems we are headed there at any time now...

Golovkin and Thurman are the two most avoided fighters in boxing right now. Maidana, Porter, and Guerrero have all ducked Thurman. He's been Floyd's mandatory for the, I think, IBF for about a year now. Thurman has stupid power and very good speed. I've seen Thurman buzz/KO guys with just about every punch. He's not just one of those one dimensional power guys though. He has some skills, but he's just a little green right now, and he loads up on his punches a little too much I think.

zVB8cR_jnh0

Golovkin is a true middleweight, but he's willing to fight just about anybody. Lot of power, great chin, and a lot of amateur experience. Basically, he's really good at setting up his left hook, which just about decapitates people.

P4P I got Thurman in the lower thirties just because he can't get any good comp. Golovkin has stomped some good fighters. I got him in the top 20 right now. Honestly though, they're both top 15 fighters. Particularly Golovkin.

Hey, good luck with the kid. All the best:salute:

armedequation
10-04-2014, 05:43 PM
its seems like alot of thurmans ko punches only graze the opponent and they ko them. When he hits flush its crazy power, yeah he does load up and he turns his head away from opponent when doing so. I saw the pac call out vid. the pac i want to see him fight was just pre hatton. he had figured out how to time his crazy angles with both hands.

gonna check out golovkin now

ELWAY421
10-04-2014, 07:04 PM
I just watched Chad Dawson get beat in his hometown, he was pretty classless in defeat. I thought he lost the fight, he just wasn't busy at all & got hit with some nice counter punches throughout the fight. He was cussing, pissing & moaning that he was robbed. Sure didn't look like the last man do hand Benard his last loss.

Spice 1
10-06-2014, 06:43 AM
I just watched Chad Dawson get beat in his hometown, he was pretty classless in defeat. I thought he lost the fight, he just wasn't busy at all & got hit with some nice counter punches throughout the fight. He was cussing, pissing & moaning that he was robbed. Sure didn't look like the last man do hand Benard his last loss.

I get why he was mad, but fight could've gone either way. I agree w/you. Just because your left shoulder is hurt, doesn't mean the judges have to give you mercy points. Karpency outboxed him before his hurt his shoulder anyway. Dawson hasn't been the same since Ward whomped him.

You watch the Martirosyan fight? He's a real solid fighter, and he's being trained by Joe Goosen, who's one of my fav trainers of all time. The only guy who's really beaten Martirosyan is Demetrius Andrade. Andrade also happens to be the only guy who beat Keith Thurman in the amateurs. Somebody did a poll and asked who Canelo Alvarez should fight next. Andrade won the poll, and Alvarez immediately scheduled Joshua Clottey. lol.

armedequation
10-06-2014, 07:21 AM
I get why he was mad, but fight could've gone either way. I agree w/you. Just because your left shoulder is hurt, doesn't mean the judges have to give you mercy points. Karpency outboxed him before his hurt his shoulder anyway. Dawson hasn't been the same since Ward whomped him.

You watch the Martirosyan fight? He's a real solid fighter, and he's being trained by Joe Goosen, who's one of my fav trainers of all time. The only guy who's really beaten Martirosyan is Demetrius Andrade. Andrade also happens to be the only guy who beat Keith Thurman in the amateurs. Somebody did a poll and asked who Canelo Alvarez should fight next. Andrade won the poll, and Alvarez immediately scheduled Joshua Clottey. lol.

wow clottey? i could be wrong josh hasnt beaten anyone of signifigance in a while right? although i think canelo has a ways to go before hes even a complete fighter...

Spice 1
10-06-2014, 07:54 AM
wow clottey? i could be wrong josh hasnt beaten anyone of signifigance in a while right? although i think canelo has a ways to go before hes even a complete fighter...

Yeah, Canelo's a good fighter, but he does have flaws. I don't have a problem with Alvarez as a fighter or a person. The problem I have is with GoldenBoy protecting and inflating him. The third judges score cards in the Trout, Mayweather, and Lara fights were a mockery, and bad judging has become synonymous with his fights. I had the Trout fight even, and I thought he lost to Lara. The Clottey fight is more of a tune up than anything, but they're going to have a hard time finding quality opponents moving forward. Unless the money's right. Nobody wants to go into a fight knowing they've already lost on one of three judges score cards.

armedequation
10-06-2014, 08:59 AM
yea i def dont mind him at all. i agree with what you said about his fights. I dont think he should have fought floyd when he did or lara for that matter. is it just me or does he not have good stamina? i think has the skill and definitely hope he develops

Spice 1
10-06-2014, 10:33 AM
yea i def dont mind him at all. i agree with what you said about his fights. I dont think he should have fought floyd when he did or lara for that matter. is it just me or does he not have good stamina? i think has the skill and definitely hope he develops

I don't think he'll ever be a high stamina fighter, but I think he's getting better at cutting off the ring against guys like Floyd and Lara. Against Lara he started cutting the ring, and wearing him down with body punches. There aren't too many fighters who are going to sit in the pocket with Alvarez, and not get blasted.

armedequation
10-06-2014, 10:59 AM
i gotta say we've been here at hospital still due to complication with our baby but talking boxing with you guys has been awesome distraction! I always like talking boxing but find very few good conversations so in a way its been almost relaxing talking shop which is something i need given current circumstances!

Spice 1
10-07-2014, 06:04 AM
i gotta say we've been here at hospital still due to complication with our baby but talking boxing with you guys has been awesome distraction! I always like talking boxing but find very few good conversations so in a way its been almost relaxing talking shop which is something i need given current circumstances!

Everything is alright though, right? Keep me updated, and feel free to ask away. I'll be busy off and on today, but I could talk about boxing all day.

I just saw that Canelo withdrew from the Clottey fight yesterday citing an ankle injury.

armedequation
10-07-2014, 08:19 AM
Everything is alright though, right? Keep me updated, and feel free to ask away. I'll be busy off and on today, but I could talk about boxing all day.

I just saw that Canelo withdrew from the Clottey fight yesterday citing an ankle injury.

yeah it was complications from using a vacuum/ jaundice and we almost had to medivac to denver but we are in the clear now and should be released from the hospital around noon!

whats your take on amir kahn? i know he spared for manny and at one time it was talked about like he could possibly become better than manny but it seems like he slowed down a bit?

Spice 1
10-07-2014, 11:49 AM
yeah it was complications from using a vacuum/ jaundice and we almost had to medivac to denver but we are in the clear now and should be released from the hospital around noon!

whats your take on amir kahn? i know he spared for manny and at one time it was talked about like he could possibly become better than manny but it seems like he slowed down a bit?

Tht's good news.

I've always liked Khan. His downfall has always been that weak chin, and he gets a bad rap for holding too much because of it. He hasn't really slowed down. He still has blazing speed, and great combination punching, but he gets rocked just about every time he fights. Since working with Virgil Hunter, he's become more conscious defensively. And honestly, guys like Mayweather love to talk crap about him, but they won't fight him. It's a weird situation. I thought he beat Peterson, and he was beating Danny Garcia until he got KO'd. You look at the list of guys he's beaten and it's a shame he hasn't gotten a shot at Mayweather yet.

armedequation
10-08-2014, 03:50 PM
yeah floyd talks smack to a lot of people he doesnt fight....

why dont golovkin and thurman fight each other? who do you think would win?

Spice 1
10-09-2014, 06:23 AM
yeah floyd talks smack to a lot of people he doesnt fight....

why dont golovkin and thurman fight each other? who do you think would win?

Tht would be a great fight if it could be made at jr middle. I hate to say it, but Thurman would probably get knocked out. Golovkin is very sound technically, and Thurman has been buzzed a couple times for being careless. I haven't seen anyone even come close to hurting Golovkin, and GGG is the naturally bigger fighter. That fight wouldn't be made anytime soon though, because neither guy has the following right now. A lot of people would make a lot more money if Thurman and Golovkin stayed in their respective weight classes for the time being.

There are plenty of options at 147 for Thurman, and I see Golovkin possibly fighting some of the super middleweights, or inflated junior middleweights in the near future. An Andre Ward/Golovkin Fight would be legendary, but Ward has sidelined himself with his legal battle for so long, that there are whispers of retirement.

armedequation
10-11-2014, 12:16 PM
yeah im ready for some battles.
watched some film of ggg and was impressed. most guys dont go for the body like he does amd fewer.have that much success with those kidney shots.

couldnt watch the vid of him and chavez jr but wanted to see it. Never saw chavez jr but he doesnt seem like his dad boxing wise

armedequation
10-11-2014, 12:26 PM
whats your thoughts on provodnikov?

frustrating reading an article on thurman and how no fights will really happen between people we want to fight

cotto vs canelo should be interesting. looks like ggg is trying to face one of those two after he should handle rubio but it also sounds like niether one is in a hurry to face him

Spice 1
10-13-2014, 06:27 AM
Chavez Jr. Has fire, but not like his dad did. Junior actually popped for MJ after the Martinez fight. lol. I think it just comes down to psychology. Junior has the talent, but he didn't come from the same situation as his dad.

I think Provodnikov is just like his nick name says, "Siberian Rocky". When he gets into the ring with a smart technician, he has problems. He's not going anywhere though, because he's so much fun to watch. He's like a welterweight James Kirkland. Love watching this dude fight.

Cotto/Alvarez would be a huge fight, considering that Cotto has been on fire and the Mexican fan base would go all in. Honestly, I think Cotto has been juicing, but I try not to be biased about it, because a lot of boxers probably are. On top of that, Holyfield is my fav fighter of all time, so who am I to throw stones. I think GGG would destroy Cotto, honestly. Alvarez could be a different story.

armedequation
10-13-2014, 09:47 PM
i think canelo would get beat by cotto but after watching vid of ggg i think hed beat either.

had to laugh at how floyd sr openes his mouth and had pacs name fall out. also saw that jr threatened to fire him over it.
think its becoming more evident that floyd doesnt want this fight.

am curious to see what hopkins does in his fight

even though taylor won his last fight hes still a tiny shell of what he used to be.

Spice 1
10-16-2014, 07:32 AM
i think canelo would get beat by cotto but after watching vid of ggg i think hed beat either.

had to laugh at how floyd sr openes his mouth and had pacs name fall out. also saw that jr threatened to fire him over it.
think its becoming more evident that floyd doesnt want this fight.

am curious to see what hopkins does in his fight

even though taylor won his last fight hes still a tiny shell of what he used to be.

I think the Hopkins fight will be one of those pinnacle moments in boxing if one of two things happens: Either Kovalev stops him, or Hopkins beats him. If Kovalev beats him by decision, which is most likely, we can say, "Well, Hopkins is done" and move on.

He's recently beaten a heavy handed fighter, and a couple in fighters/brawlers, but Kovalev is different. IMO, Hopkins is one of the 20 greatest fighters of all time, and even if he loses via close decision, I think it's a win for his legacy. Would be a good time to retire, win or lose.

ELWAY421
10-18-2014, 07:52 PM
Nicholas Walters isn't bad at all, lol. He put it on Donaire, the first 3 rounds was like hookfest 2014 but then Walters got the jab going & it was smooth sailing.

ELWAY421
10-18-2014, 08:29 PM
First time watching ggg fight & he didn't disapoint.

armedequation
10-19-2014, 01:30 PM
yeah roach said that cotto is going for alvearez then ggg which i think is cool.

as a fan of pacs, id like to see him fight ggg.

elway, was it all ggg or did rubio fight for the 2 rounds lol.

ELWAY421
10-19-2014, 01:40 PM
yeah roach said that cotto is going for alvearez then ggg which i think is cool.

as a fan of pacs, id like to see him fight ggg.

elway, was it all ggg or did rubio fight for the 2 rounds lol.

Ggg said he wants Cotto but Ward wants ggg. I say ggg and Ward go ahead and make that fight, it'd be huge. Rubio weighed in over & I think he was defeated before that. Lol

armedequation
10-19-2014, 03:35 PM
man that would be cool.to see
cotto alvarez
ward vs ggg

winners advance

how do you think ward would do vs ggg?

ELWAY421
10-19-2014, 03:41 PM
man that would be cool.to see
cotto alvarez
ward vs ggg

winners advance

how do you think ward would do vs ggg?

It's hard for me to say how ggg would do against ward? That's the only time I've watched ggg fight but if I had to choose, I'd go Ward. Ward is supposed to be the best pound for pound out there.

armedequation
10-20-2014, 12:27 AM
ive heard wards name but dont know much about him....
everytime i think i know who the top ones are a new name pops up lol

Spice 1
10-20-2014, 09:37 AM
ive heard wards name but dont know much about him....
everytime i think i know who the top ones are a new name pops up lol

Ranking the top fighters p4p right now, this is would be my personal list:

10. Erislandy Lara
9. Saul Alvarez
8. Mikey Garcia
7. Juan Manuel Marquez
6. Timothy Bradley
5. Guillermo Rigondeaux
4. Manny Pacquiao
3. Wladimir Klitschko
2. Andre Ward
1. Floyd Mayweather

My list of fighters to watch out for would be:
1. Gennady Golovkin
2. Terence Crawford
3. Kell Brook
4. Sergey Kovalev
5. Keith Thurman*
6. Nicholas Walters
7. Leo Santa Cruz
8. Demetrius Andrade
9. Vasyl Lomachenko
10. Deontay Wilder/Adonis Stevenson

* Put Thurman in at 5, strictly based on where I have him ranked overall. Otherwise I'd have him at 2.

MegaOrange
10-20-2014, 10:29 AM
I've watched ggg fight numerous times. He's scary. I don't see him having a problem with Cotto or Ward.

People in boxing know this guy is a monster and the only reason he's not a household name is people really don't want to face him until they have to. Nobody wanted to fight him. However, he's reached the "have to' point so now it gets fun.

armedequation
10-20-2014, 11:05 AM
thanks for the list!